• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.4 /5

About AWeber

Turn passive prospects into loyal customers with easy-to-use email marketing and automation tools and live 24/7 customer support.

Learn more about AWeber

IT Manager
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2021

"Mass Emails made easy, especially if you do Campaigns"

Comments: I found it a little bit of a learning curve, because it is powerful and has a lot of html graphical ability which is pretty and designer friendly like if I was a web designer, which I am not. The greatest equalizer there is the award winning easily accessible tech support. Their customer service is hospitality devine!

Pros: The ability to use multiple lists, OR the same list with segments.

Cons: I would love to be able to sort alphabetically inside AWeber my lists, to match with other databases to ensure that I have not missed someone. You have to export to excel for that feature or functionality. One other element threw me, it's case sensitive in other words if you search KATHY you will not find Kathy.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2021
Suzanne S.
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2020

"AWeber can help you improve your email marketing"

Comments: Overall, it's been satisfactory. It's possible I could have benefited more by using their tutorials and calling support. It has collected subscribers easily for me and it's been effortless in maintaining them over the years. I haven't used any other programs and have considered switching recently, but I'm not sure if I would be able to transfer my subscriber information easily.

Pros: I started using AWeber to college subscribers to my college prep mailing list. They offered an affordable way to college email subscribers and sell my college product. Once subscribers are collected you can create email marketing campaigns using newsletters. It also allows you to manage your subscribers and determine which emails are effective.

Cons: From the beginning, it was a bit difficult to navigate the program. I have had problems with their templates and understanding how to use them. I also was not happy with the increase in cost from $19 to $29 when my subscribers reached a certain threshold. I have also had trouble with understanding how to schedule emails and use the data to my benefit.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2020
Jorden B.
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2018

"My email server of choice!"

Pros: I've been using Aweber since the very beginning of my online business about 7-8 years ago. It integrates well with other services to make an automated flow of things. I love the segmentation I can do. Just the overall ease of using it. Oh, and their customer service is INCREDIBLE. Probably one of my favorite features. There is someone live to chat with within seconds to help you. Incredible support, no waiting.

Cons: Of course, like any new tool, is the learning curve at the beginning. But once you understand the different things you can do with your email lists...it's easy. And depending how complex or simple you do things to send emails, it can be super simple to get started.

by AWeber Communications on 06/02/2019

Thanks so much for your feedback, Jorden! We really appreciate it. We're always looking for ways to shorten the learning curve and make using our platform as easy as possible. If you have any questions or need any help with your account, please let us know!

Brandon O.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2018
Kehinde A.
Lead Generation Manager
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2017

"My experience with Aweber"

Comments: For easy to use Email Marketing Platform, Aweber is just the best that I have used.

Pros: The singular thing I so much love about Aweber is their User Interface UI. It is so simple and straightforward. Everything you needed are at the right place. Their inbox rate in superb, from experience I normally have up to100% inbox rate. My list is less than 2000 subscribers but then I believe their system sends out emails as though it's sending directly to one person at a time. Their landing pages are simple and easy to customize. They have Javascript, plugins for different CMS and blogging platform and Html though I use the html mostly.

Cons: Actually, Many times I had wanted to create a more sophisticated web forms but their platform is not compatible for it. What I am trying to say is that I have had needs for forms that help people to take a short survey thereby building my list with it or a two-step form but the feature is included.
Aside that, every other things are just perfect.

• Reviewed on 22/12/2017
Curt S.
Pastor
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2019

"Good Value Overall"

Comments: Overall we are happy with Aweber, despite it not being a perfect solution. They treat us well but can be a bit slow to respond to some types of support requests. New features are added pretty regularly, although some of the things we have requested don't get done.

Pros: Reasonably easy to use overall. Creating emails and campaigns is fairly straightforward. Deliverability is decent.

Cons: Deliverability is decent, but we do run into problems occasionally. Support is decent, but not excellent. Sometimes I have been told that there is no known problem when emails we send are clearly being rejected by a particular network.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2019
Matthew L.
QA Developer, Web Development
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2016

"Why AWeber?"

Comments: When you go with AWeber, you get the complete email managerial package. Simply, opt-in forms are available to embed in your website, which AWeber used to collect subscriber details. You can send out fully customizable emails manually or on an automated schedule. AWeber further allows you to segment your subscriber list down by subscriber behavior and even target content, allowing you to choose who gets what, and when. Tailoring your content to fit your subscribers is basically a gauranteed way to increase your views and subscriber base and conversion rates.

Pros: AWeber provides a simple interface which is easy to manage, and they also provide a large array of tutorials to help make the learning process a bit easier. The templates they provide are also of grat value as well. Tracking subscriber behavior and data is a huge bonus to help improve your conversions. A free 30-day trial is always a huge bonus as well.

Cons: A little more expensive than the alternatives. Template quality leaves a little to be desired as well, and the inability to send video via email seems like an outdated issue that should have been solved a long time ago.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2016
HR Manager
Defense & Space, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2017

"Build Countless Email Marketing Funnels and Lists"

Comments: Set up a number of marketing funnels to capture and follow up with leads

Pros: Aweber helps you build countless email marketing funnels for your business. It: * allows you to have a range of email marketing campaigns
* makes the opt-in box for your website visitors to enter (you can even customize the information you want from them (name, email address etc) to become a subscriber
* allows you create a series of emails to go to each of your campaigns' subscribers
* allows you to decide when your emails should be delivered

Cons: Set-up can be a bit cumbersome. You also need to have a clear business process map so you can decide how to manage your subscribers. Aweber assumes you have already done this. I recommend investing some time upfront to figure this out before you start

• Reviewed on 17/10/2017
Nkululeko C.
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2020

"My Best Favorite Email Marketing And Automation Software."

Comments: If you're starting out a business that requires email marketing trust me Aweber is a go to, it helps us o keep on track on our active subscribers and the open rates of our email campaigns.

Pros: Feature I like the most that has recently launched on AWeber built-in landing page. Aweber gives you the ability to track the performance of your emails campaign by showing you Open Rates And also Click Rates. Being abe to send an automated emails into our subscribers even welcoming messages. The great thing about Aweber you able to import your existing list but only the people gave their permission to be into your list. Aweber it very affordable you can start with a basic plan. It is easy to use and most powerful feature is the Drag and Drop editor. The customer support is very outstanding and helpful

Cons: It doesn't have a Freemium plan but you get a Free 30 Days trail to test things. My business uses Aweber for email marketing so far I haven't any issues with software

• Reviewed on 08/04/2020
Richard B.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2021

"AWeber Free is the best place to start using email marketing"

Comments: It took me a while before I started the training modules, but once I did, using AWeber to achieve my goals became Very Easy Indeed.

Pros: Their training is exceptional. The modules are short, pertinent and to-the-point. Examples are shown for each feature, so you can SEE what you have just done. Their "homework" is also beneficial as it complements your busiess.

Cons: I love it all, nothing I dislike at all. If the user follows the training and does not try to go it alone, it is the easiest way to get fully involved (and very good at) email marketing.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2021
Kenneth D.
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2018

"Using Aweber with 8 Figure Dream Lifestyle."

Pros: Good for tracking leads and email marketing. Scripts set up for me through 8fdl. Great content. My VA sets up the leads and then the process starts and all I have to do is follow up once in a while.

Cons: Haven't used it long enough to see any problems. Seems to be a good platform but not infallible. The email address was missing one letter and website link was not active. They fixed it.

• Reviewed on 02/07/2018
Amanda V.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2020

"I Used to Love Aweber, It is great for a beginner"

Comments: I was very happy with it in the beginning, it just didn't meet my needs as my business grew.

Pros: I liked that it was a low annual fee for my needs. I liked that they were pretty good at following trends, like customizing user experience for my email members.

Cons: Honestly, I really did enjoy using this service, my business needs just grew and it didn't grow along with it fast enough for me. It was pretty hard to get everything I needed to communicate across my multiple platforms, so I eventually moved to an all-in-one platform to make my business life much easier. But they were great for a beginnner.

by AWeber on 22/07/2020

Thanks for your feedback, Amanda. We really appreciate it. Just for your awareness, a lot has changed with our platform since you left. We've been releasing tons of new features. If you're ever interested in taking another look at AWeber, we'd love to have you back. If you have any questions, please let us know.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2020
Uma maheshwar C.
wellnesspreneur
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2020

"Great Email Marketing Platform"

Comments: Same as mentioned above.

Pros: A very User-friendly platform I found it to be. Their chat support is the best I have ever come across. even during my early days with them in the most basic plan, they treated me like a VIP. Felt really good about it. so stuck with them

Cons: Nothing as such so far. All there feature have been pretty cool. Now they have even included landing pages

• Reviewed on 11/04/2020
Jared S.
Online Personal Trainer
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2019

"Best email automation software on the market"

Comments: Overall a great software to use as a small business owner.

Pros: Great functional email automation software. Easy to set up campaigns and automate. Also a great service rate per month.

Cons: Sometimes linking other software to this program was complicated such as Clickfunnels. Thankfully an AWeber team member made integration smoother.

• Reviewed on 03/08/2019
Mujib J.
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2020

"Top email marketing"

Pros: It's really tuned towards small businesses providing a great solution to email marketing...we were able to easily upload our email list and manage our broadcasting and communication ...placing our messages directly before our customers ..providing followup on rotation and cycle

Cons: Improved customers support, it seems to increase in price according to your email size for me so far these are the only things I found as Cons with AWeber

• Reviewed on 30/10/2020
Tom P.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2020

"A good email autorepsonder for beginners"

Comments: Great tool for starting out building an email list

Pros: Simple and easy to use email autoresponder

Cons: Lacks the features from some of its competitors, esepcially if you want more advanced marketing automation

by AWeber on 31/08/2020

Hi Tom. Thanks for your review! We would love to learn more about the features you're looking for so we can share that information with our product team for future consideration. Please contact our Customer Solutions team.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2020
Georgy B.
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"Great customer services and delivery rates!"

Pros: Great customer services, always go above and beyond to help clients! Easy to use solution to automate emails and start segmenting your list.

Cons: We still use Aweber to this day for our email automation campaigns and I can truly say its one of the best.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2020
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2018

"Email autoresponder worth having"

Pros: Customer support is great. Easy to set up and use. Can schedule emails easily. Overall, I think this service has better deliverability than other services.

Cons: would like to be able to move people from list to list and start different follow up series based on their activity.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2018
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2019

"The most powerful email automation solution available"

Pros: It's the most flexible/powerful solution for setting up an automated series of email responses for a sales a funnel.

Cons: The interface is clunky. They have been improving it over the years, but for the most part I just got used to how it works.

• Reviewed on 26/01/2019
James M.
Technoligist
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2019

"AWeber: Email Marketing At it's BEST!"

Comments: I'm a little burnt out on the term funneling but I guess I could live with that. 8-)

Pros: We like this Email Marketing Product so much we're thinking of also becoming an Affiliate. The Templates are great and cover any type of project you might have in mind. The layout is a breeze and it's pretty much just drag and drop! There is the ability to create emails from blog posts which I highly recommend you take the time to learn how to do! Database and Automation a Breeze! Tagging allows for automated campaigns.. Just go do a Free Trial and You'll be Hooked!

Cons: There really aren't any Cons that I could find which is Great. Yes you do have to budget for this product but then you will get a substantial ROI if you pay attention to their Tutorials.

• Reviewed on 28/01/2019
Cheryce E.
Entrepreneur
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"Great for marketing"

Comments: Overall it’s a great tool and I do recommend it to anyone that needs it.

Pros: Great marketing software that allows email marketing, landing pages, sales funnel etc. All the tool to carry out a marketing campaign all at a reasonable cost in comparison to its competitors

Cons: Even though the site is not hard to navigate but to someone who is new to marketing they wouldn’t know where to start but there is support that you can turn to in the help section.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2019
Marketing, BD and Customer Experience Manager
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"The best manager for your social media and auto mails"

Pros: It's ability to schedule and send emails to my blogs subscribers at different hours is perfect for my business

Cons: It does not have an option to pause emails once scheduled

by AWeber Communications on 31/12/2018

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback. I saw your comment about not being able to pause emails once scheduled, and wanted to let you know that we do have this feature available. All you need to do is click the unschedule button on a broadcast, or the "Pause campaign" button on an automated campaign. We'd be happy to walk through how to do this with you - please contact our customer solutions team for assistance.

Brandon O.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
It Manager / Marketing Specialist / Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Good Email Marketing Software, Kind of pricey"

Pros: Good options for email marketing software
Never ran into problems or glitches

Cons: The price is kind of high
Competitors have better priced services

• Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Caleb c. W.
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2018

"AWeber is outstanding. Its on my BEST list."

Pros: I like what it does for me. Makes life easy. The customer support is AWESOME.
Quite simply it does its job so I don't have to, that's why I use it.

Cons: The only con is the cost. Fact is, it's well worth the money. You get more than you pay for thanks to the customer service.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2018
Missionary Care Coordinator
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2018

"A bit clunky but functional."

Pros: The entry level price point is great. Overall the email design features and reporting is great. I had nothing but great experiences with customer service.

Cons: However, it's just a bit clunky. The functionality isn't intuitive and the design isn't clean. It makes for a less than ideal user experience which I was never able to get over. Eventually I switch to a competitor.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2018
Danielle G.
Coach
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2021

"Could still use some improvements"

Comments: Aweber is ok, but there are much better email marketing software out there.

Pros: What I liked most about this software is that it integrated well with my client's website and that she can use it easily.

Cons: I really don't like that subscribers are counted as many times as the number of lists and that unsubscribed are counted in the establishment of the price.

• Reviewed on 04/06/2021