LiquidPlanner Reviews

• Overall
    4.3/5
    3.9/5
    4.4/5

About LiquidPlanner

LiquidPlanner gives teams a better way to plan and execute work.

Learn more about LiquidPlanner

Chuck J.
Principal System Engineer
Biotechnology, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2019

"Liquid Planner is a Very Effective Tool for Project Planning and Management."

Comments: Our team is fairly small (~50 users across the company) so we do not have dedicated resources to just maintain the information in Liquid Planer. However, Liquid planner is accessible and intuitive so we can have several team members contribute to the maintenance of project schedules as part of their duties. We use Liquid Planner to manage the temporal aspects of project management. The tool is very good for what it is designed to do. There are a rich set of reporting tools that allow for customization to meet our needs. It has done this job for us very well. The support provided has been timely and effective.

Pros: The product is well designed so that it is a relatively low bar to learn how to use it effectively. It is easy for team members to interact with the software and to enter the information according to each users project role. When used as intended, the software does an excellent job providing the necessary views into project status. The software definitely lives up to its name as modifying project plans and priorities is easy and the impacts of such changes are essentially instantly available. The numerous but intuitive ways to manage project subtleties such as available time, delays, etc. make it straightforward to create realistic project schedules.

Cons: I do not have any specific negatives with respect to Liquid Planner. Like any software of this class, It does take some training and experience to get the most out of it. My best advice is to spend some time to understand how the designers intended the product to be used use it accordingly. LP has a rich set of features and if used properly will contribute positively to project management.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2019
Julian Q.
Engineering Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Flexible and User Friendly"

Comments: We have prevented primary resources from being over allocated. This shows where the bottle necks are and allows us to apply another resource to a particular task or project if needed.

Pros: We enjoy the user friendly interface. It's easy to add\move tasks and adjust project plans. Calendar view is also great for reviewing the team's work load on a weekly or monthly basis. This provides a clear direction for all members of the team.

Cons: It can become difficult to manage a work space with many projects (50+). Details can get lost and it can be overwhelming to users.

Samuel S.
Product Manager
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2018

"Project Management and Not Much Else"

Comments: I do like the tool. It's fairly simple to learn. Menu structure and feature overload are intimidating at first, but you get over that (to an extent). iOS app is important to my team - quick reference to projects running is very good to have and many other products like LP don't have a mobile app at all. Overall, it's just not for me and my team. If there are better connections with development tools (Jira, BitBucket, Slack etc.) in the future, we may reconsider.

Pros: It's easy to set up hierarchy and control a project using LiquidPlanner. Feature set is very good and there are few gaps. For project planners, it's a great tool because it allows you to assign tasks, add time, and see a Gantt chart in a few clicks.

Cons: It's not for me. I'm in Product Management and my team was looking for a tool that will integrate with (or be less friction) with our current development tools. We currently use Atlassian (Jira, BitBucket) products for development and Google Sheets for our sprint management. The cons of LiquidPlanner is that it's a PROJECT tool, not a Product tool. I know LP probably doesn't plan on filling that need for a Product tool but there is a gap in that market and providing integrations with products like Atlassian could allow for LP to expand into a completely new market. All the features are there, just need to engineer some more automated and simplified ways of managing products, rather than large scale projects with LP.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2018
Jonathan B.
Freelancer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2019

"Great platform, but you need to use it a lot to understand it"

Comments: It was difficult to understand the platform at the beginning, but when you understand it, I really liked it. The thing is : I invested a lot of time just to understand it and you put the expensive price on top of that, at the end it costs me a lot more that it save in first 6 months.

Pros: I really like that you can do a lot to help with your project management and team management. All the informations is in one place (you need to create a structure that represent your company and your staff) and everybody can find what he wants. It's easy to do follow-ups with clients. The best thing is that you don't need a few platforms to see the time left, the budget and the tasks.

Cons: It took a lot of time to find LiquidPlanner easy to use and to find a structure that represent the company and our employees . The interface (or UX) is not simple. The price is a bit expensive if you have a small team.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2019
Daniel L.
Implementation engineer
Medical Devices, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"LiquidPlanner"

Comments: Im 100 % satisfied with LiquidPlanner love the ease of use.

Pros: LiquidPlanner is my preferred online project management software quickly set up projects run analytics and provide real time updates to customers.

Cons: There are very few issues I have but I’m not a fan of the limited ability to provide a quick giant chart back to my customers.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Ben B.
Sr Operations Manager
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Loaded with features and very intuitive"

Comments: We are able to track all pieces of a project and report on status very easily.

Pros: Very feature rich, accessibility via web and mobile and analytics reporting are some of the big pros.

Cons: It is a bit pricy compared to some of the other options, but the value is there if you are using it regularly.

Dave H.
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"LiquidPlanner review"

Comments: We are using LiquidPlanner to capture, track, and manage our department's projects and tasks.

Pros: LiquidPlanner allows our teams to track thousands of tasks across hundreds of projects. Features critical to us include the ability to effectively view hundreds of projects, define sub-folders (ie. summary tasks) more than one level deep, and define filter views (to limit on screen content) are critical features.

Cons: No ability to create private projects and tasks. No ability to create more than one workspace. No ability to assign or limit personnel access per project (only per your single workspace). The very limited functionality of the mobile application make it effectively useless.

Justin G.
Technical Director
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2019

"Great web application but..."

Comments: It solved one of the biggest problems for us, managing over 90 projects at once with a small team of ~5 people. To allow our team to manage task, provide updates and work from there. It reduced management time as well.

Pros: The solution is great. It can handle hundreds of task and keep everything organized and ordered. The ability to have unique views per team member is also great. Schedule is powerful and is always up to date. You can also have virtual members which are not "seats" and is perfect for clients. It also have a very powerful API

Cons: The interface looks from the 90s.
The mobile app is pointless.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2019
Tim B.
Director of engineering
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"Backlog included agile & waterfall project methodology"

Comments: Though it may seem limiting in terms of things you can do initially, the deeper you get into the program the deeper you can see things to do much like any program similar to Microsoft excel

Pros: Customizable fields allow specific data tracking both internal and external use. We track a couple thousand projects a year through multi staged gates.

Cons: It takes a while to set up correctly, but once Completed it is very reliable. The user interface is acceptable, mostly intuitive but does require some reading/training

Tim M.
Sr. Dev Manager
Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2019

"LiquidPlanner by a Software Development Manager"

Comments: Better than more applications I have used to track tasks.

Pros: It is very easy to control developer tasks and view their total hours each week.

Cons: Some of the Drop Downs (with minimal options) take a while to load. I also sometimes have to hunt around to see what it throwing the time estimates way off for a project. It is not always obvious. I also find it difficult to find the notes the developers include with their recorded hours and these hours are not specific or assigned to a project or tests when I review the timesheets.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2019
Gordon w H.
Digital Project Manager
Design, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2019

"Powerful and Flexible Project and Resource Planning, But Falls Short When Applied To Agencies"

Comments: This tool is extremely powerful and robust, but like any other tool, the quality of the data which comes out of it is only as good as the data that is put into it. We attempted over the course of 12 mos. to integrate this tool into our small agency (<25 users). While simple to use, the biggest challenge was buy-in from other department captains in using the tool to its full potential.

Pros: I was very happy with the ease of use this product provided compared to some of the tools we used previously. It is built in a contemporary look and feel and is easy to navigate and manipulate data points in order to determine trends and better inform decisions. If you have the time and resources to dedicate to making sure the latest project data is always available, that is, due dates, estimated levels of effort remaining and hours logged are all kept up to date in a real-time basis, this tool has the potential to truly provide a wholistic and accurate view of the workload within an organization, along with any potential risks. The way the data are refreshed using the forecasting algorithms is a great feature which allows project managers to shift tasks around to determine how resources are affected.

Cons: Despite the name of "Liquid" Planner, there were some decidedly "unliquid" principals in which the software was built upon which power the accuracy and overall value of the product. If more then 25% of these principals are not known or regularly updated, the entire product grinds to a halt and the value it provides is completely lost. It's not a fault of how the product was built. I never encountered a time where the service/software was down or unavailable and each time I reached out to the support team they were courteous and prompt with their response. Overall, I felt frustrated by the amount of data the tool needs (and how that data need to be structured) in order for the tool to be valuable and viable. More often than not, I felt myself and the team responsible for the tool were spending more time administering the tool itself rather than using the information coming out of the tool to better our projects.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2019
Steven L.
Principal
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"I am a fan, though our use is just scratching the surface"

Comments: Because of the lack of integrations, I have been looking for something to replace Liquid Planner with, and after seeing them, I could not stand to stop using Liquid Planner. I think that alone speaks volumes. I think you would be foolish to not look at their product. And there you have it.

Pros: As a web development agency, I can tell you the one feature that has prevented me from using another product, that is their task estimating feature. Why nobody else does this is beyond me (full disclosure: a lot of things are beyond me) :) When setting up a task you can actually estimate the time it will take the same way real people estimate tasks, with a time range. Who in the world ever hits their single estimate time targets all the time? NOBODY. With Liquid Planner you enter a range, 3 - 6 hours, 1-2 hours, etc. THAT IS A LIFESAVER FOR US. Another concept of theirs called "packages" is also brilliant. There you can take tasks and bundle them up into "folders" that make sense to you, so you can look at your projects

Cons: The thing that I dislike the most is there are not many integrations with third party time keepers for tasks and billing programs. Harvest would be an example, as would many others. They have their own time tracker, but to use it you ahve to have the app open. Lose internet, forget about it. Working in a car or on the train without internet? Forget about it. Also, their mobile app is not really of much value.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2018
Riel M.
CTO/CIO
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2010

"The best project management tool for teams"

Comments: Through thoughtful design, LiquidPlanner has made a project management application that is a perfect fit for dynamic and collaborative teams. It could replace your current project, task, time management tools and company blog by integrating them all in a natural way. Liquid Planner has a transparent way of making you be mindful of exactly how the team is using its precious time. Our company president pleaded with me to get it set up so that he could use it as a tool to help the partners understand the team's capacity. He wanted a convincing way to show why more projects could not be taken on without an increase in staff. Liquid Planner allowed me to do this within a day. I feel like the Liquid Planner designers traveled into my mind to design the perfect project/task/time manager.

Pros: Having used many project management tools over many years, it's hard to not fall in love with LiquidPlanner. It feels like I've traveled to bizarro world where everything goes right. I can now put together comprehensive projects faster than I can plan them in my mind. I've never had this experience (including with Excel). Simply put, I don't feel the interface slowing me down. It feels like all "busy work" has been removed. I never thought I'd have a real-time schedule because of the requirements to maintain it, but LiquidPlanner delivers on this promise. Thank you. I'm embarrassed to say that "what if" scenarios are so easy and fast to do, I've developed stronger intuitive scheduling techniques without understanding exactly why they work. Am I now smarter or dumber? If you are not the type to love the clock-in/out button on each task, you might be the type to get hooked on adding a few notes when you complete each task because your notes are shared in the team's "blog."

Cons: Introducing a new company-wide system is always hard, but you you can use Liquid Planner to replace your project management tools, time-tracking tools and company blog so that should help reduce the total number of systems. Currently companies that need a fully-featured document library should stick with what they have. There is an API and the company has been aggressively releasing new features so maybe someday. If you haven't experienced a lot of project management tools, you may not be as passionate about it as I am. Part of it's appeal is that it does what any other project management tool integrated with a company portal can do, but it does it fast and easy enough that it's actually worth using.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2010
Avery O.
Senior Program Manager
Computer Games, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2018

"Really powerful for project managers, less good for other users"

Pros: Really powerful, the gantt chart overview was really useful while our estimates were kept up to date. Project-focused organization allows us to keep a broad view of a complex project and tagging and export features are able to generate a variety of views of our data in an organized way.

Cons: Our executive team and eventually our developers stopped using it. Primary interface of the projects tab was too overwhelming & complex. No way to give teams a link that included the filters down to what they actually care about or give people a link to the exact view & set of filters that I was sharing during screen sharing. Not enough integration with external services (github, perforce, JIRA, bug tracking). Quite expensive. Overwhelming interface meant users didn't update tasks, which meant our data got out of date. Gantt chart stopped being accurate or useful and just got overwhelming. Dashboards could be made for visibility but didn't offer the teams opportunities to modify a limited view. Not easy enough to link to a specific task, or generate a new ticket in the right place with a simple link to a user-speakable identifier like a ticket-based system. Still great for people who are technically minded and want the big picture, not great for people who want a limited view of a subset of the project or are too busy to learn how to use the tool effectively.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2018
Operating Officer
Medical Devices, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2019

"Hard to get over the preconceived notions, but worth it"

Comments: I am very much a fan of this software. I think the limitations for how it can help is more around people understanding what it does differently than Project or similar tools than with the tool itself. One of my most recent experiences tells the story well. When we were discussing the pros and cons an individual with a lot of influence was complaining that dates in the tool move if someone is sick and not getting to their tasks. I had a hard time understanding a perspective that a plan with a date should be static regardless of what people do. This tool is about understanding your progress based on what people do, not a static planning tool that people never look at or influence by there actions and therefore allows us to pretend that finish dates don't change regardless of peoples actions or issues that can arise. My overall opinion is the tool is limited more by peoples perspective than anything else and if you want better tracking, predictability, and ability to influence results you need to invest 30% of your time on the tool and 70% of your time getting people to wrap their heads around what this is doing and not what it might replace.

Pros: It helps to organize the tasks and get people the right information to work on.
It helps to prioritize what needs to happen and forecast how long it takes.
It does a great job of managing hand offs within a team.
It provides more tools than a typical user will ever need. The deeper you go the more value you can get.

Cons: It can be difficult to get people to understand that this is not typical planning software.
A more robust tutorial and a better description of what this tool is would help get teams to start faster.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Kristen B.
Senior Training Associate
Philanthropy, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2017

"LiquidPlanner - expensive, but with PM software, you get what you pay for."

Comments: Over the course of my career I have used a lot of PM software. I have used Project, Jira, Basecamp, Asana, and Trello in addition to LiquidPlanner. Out of all of them, LiquidPlanner is my PM software of choice.

Pros: LiquidPlanner is a powerful project management tool. It can be used to track tasks, projects, employee capacity, schedules, deliverables, and hours. I find that the most important and helpful feature of LiquidPlanner is its ability to track employee capacity and move estimated completion dates back if someone is overloaded. This is crucial if you are working in an environment with multiple projects going on at the same time who are obliged to share certain resources (2D artists, programmers, video editors, etc.)

Cons: At most I can think of only two cons related to LiquidPlanner
1. Setting up a project in LiquidPlanner is definitely time-consuming. Project managers will need to dedicate several hours to transforming their WBS information to something that works in LP. However, this is just a drain on PMs and not project team members.
2. In some environments it can be difficult to get employees to "buy-in" to LiquidPlanner and consistently update their hours and tasks. It's a behavior change and culture shift that must be encouraged and re-enforced regularly.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2017
Director Enterprise Solutions
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2018

"Manager's view"

Comments: It's a great improvement over our prior way of working, but after a few years we still haven't perfected our system to get exactly what we needed. Ideally, the only manual steps would be timely tracking of work on tasks and revised estimates, but to get our needs met we've needed more manual work.

Pros: Prior to Liquid Planner, all of our client projects were in individual Microsoft Project files - which isn't ideal when you have shared resources. Now that we've used LP for a few years, we have much better visibility to work coming down the pike as well as potential conflicts/overbookings. However, the tool is only as good as the team's willingness to use it in a timely and accurate manner.

Cons: The nature of our business and projects is much more complicated than what is featured in the sales process. Clients have a role in the process, and delays on their part push out all our deliverables. This is hard to capture/manage in LP without additional manual updates by the project manager. Also, we've had to devise a bit of a workaround workflow to allow us to properly prioritize individual tasks across multiple projects - again, requires some manual management/movement of tasks. When any of the manual work falls by the wayside, the quality of the projections in LP is diminished greatly.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2018
Antoine L.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2017

"Awesome project management tool with time tracking and more"

Comments: Full PM tool, time tracking, billing.

Pros: We've been using Liquid Planner for the last 5 years now and I can say that we are now managing 100% of our projects with it. Building a platform like Potion is a lot of work in product design, marketing, development and customer support but Liquid Planner has been a huge help when it comes to managing our projects. Whether it's dealing with our internal or customer projects, Liquid Planner (my guys call it LP) has been a huge help. We're using only part of the tools provided by LP, such as packages, tasks, attributions, deadlines, time tracking, resource planning and scheduling, but it's already bringing a huge providing us with both flexibility and structure. The help resources are really thorough also and help us get the information we need to use it in an even better way. Finally, and I think it's certainly one of the biggest strength of Liquid Planner, its support team is tremendous. All of our requests are always answered with concise and clear replies that push us forward.

Cons: As any PM tool, there is a learning curve and you need to get the team using it in the good way. Thankfully, the help resources are great.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2017
Kerry H.
Design Engineering Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"Great but room to improve"

Comments: Liquid Planner has helped us be more organized and has helped us manage several projects at once. Being able to see expected project completion dates and expected hours to complete is helpful. Overall I am very pleased with Liquid Planner but wish it was better in the areas I mentioned.

Pros: I like sevaral things about Liquid Planner. Here are just a few. I like the project management in general. I like the range of hours for tasks. This helps improve overall project scheduling. I like being able to add custom fields to tasks and projects. I like the ability to do ASAP Tasks.

Cons: While great, Liquid Planner is not perfect. I wish the reports and analytics worked a bit more intuitively. There are several things that I have tried to do that I have not been able to figure out. Some I have been able to resolve with customer support. Others I found were things that are not possible. Although Liquid Planner is set up great for tracking time for projects it doesn't work well for projects that are firm fixed priced. Most of the projects we work on here are firm fixed priced. I am aware of the baseline feature, but frankly it just isn't very good, nor are the graphs for tracking to plan. There are a few other things that I'm not remembering at the moment.

Aaron M.
Director of Instructional Design
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees

"LP - Aaron"

Comments: We implemented this software three years ago as our project management solution for the department. We do instructional design in the higher Ed space

Pros: I like the predictive functionality, ease of commenting with email notifications, and the analytics tab. Makes it easy to allocate department resources and understand at a glance where bottlenecks exist.

Cons: I would like to have more custom fields. I would like a filter that allows me to view all of the projects that I own regardless of who owns the tasks. It’s hard for me to only see *only* the projects that I own because i’m on at least one task within every project of the department so every project shows up. It would also be great to have the ability to set certain tasks, for example ones with zero expected effort allocated, to be impervious to flames. Those are basically check boxes, reminders. We like having people assigned but we don’t like the fact that they can flame entire projects predictively. It would be great to have a view on the projects tab or the person tab that is a simple line graph showing expected/past effort/hours logged by day, by month etc: hours on the Y axis and days/months on the X axis.

Front-End Specialist
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Extremely Robust Project Management Software"

Comments: We use LiquidPlanner for managing virtually everything within our business. From internal tasks to external client tasks. We even manage volunteer hours and PTO scheduling within LiquidPlanner, and we export all of our LP data into our accounting software for billing and invoicing. It's basically the backbone of our organization.

Pros: LiquidPlanner makes tracking multiple large, complex projects possible and easy (after the initial learning curve). It provides fully customizable dashboards that can be set up per project or per user (or both) and robust reporting. It also allows you to get a good view of what's coming up in relation to how much bandwidth each user has to manage it, as well as how the team's bandwidth affects the project/task expected completion date. It just has SO MUCH!!!

Cons: It has a fairly steep learning curve. Our team has been using LiquidPlanner for over 4 years and we are still learning various nuances of the platform or better implementations. Also, the UI could use a serious update and it's not at all mobile-friendly (the mobile app is also a joke). But none of that would deter us from using it because it provides so much value that we haven't been able to find in any other system.

Ben M.
Head of Development Technologies
Internet, 13-50 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2018

"Expensive, complex, and extremely powerful."

Pros: LiquidPlanner is quite customizable with different ways to view tasks and many different screens to visualize things in alternative contexts. For a project manager on the business side, it allows for very powerful organization of multiple projects and teams, and many possibilities for scheduling and prioritizing tasks. It allows for flexible time tracking using range estimates and a simple time entry view.

Cons: It's easy to lose track of how many hours were actually approved for a task if you want to take advantage of the ability to re-estimate things on the fly. It can be slow to load and cumbersome to use. It can be difficult to find things in the overly complex Projects view. Search filters get reset every time you click a task link from someone else that doesn't match your existing filters. It's not always intuitive how to find things using the available search options (for example, unless you put the project name in every task title, searching for the project name doesn't do much good). Time entry takes a lot of clicks with recent updates if you need to add notes to each item. The API is complex to use (though powerful).

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2018
Chris S.
COO
Internet, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2017

"Great for PM/OPs, bad for Devs & Creatives"

Comments: I love it, however, our devs and creatives find it frustrating to use despite large amounts of training and personalisation. There are a number of tools that would make this more helpful and less painful to the "doers". Our business needs are well met, though there are other aspects that don't accomplish our requirements. Kanban, for example, as well as cross-team/project sprint planning whilst maintaining a weekly outlook. Finally, with the latest price hikes it doesn't feel "good value" and I'm now faced with justifying the expense when before it was self explanatory. This is compounded by exchange rates.

Pros: I have recommended.
I like the meld of planning and projection.
I love the hi/lo estimations and the detail I can provide clients

Cons: Useability for doers, especially timesheets
Lack of integrations with SCM.
Poor connectivity/communication for my clients; their portals don't show custom fields, board views or timelines for tickets/tasks.
True Kanban is not feasible
Sprint-based planning for cross-team/project resource is not possible alongside weekly overviews
A desktop app would be great; especially for devs etc
The mobile app hasn't changed since we started using this in 2012 and is highly impractical.
Doesn't work well on ipads

• Reviewed on 09/03/2017
Jackson K.
Account Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2019

"The Perfect Project Management Tool"

Comments: LiquidPlanner (or LP) is our time tracking and project management solution that allows us to plan and forecast, as well as look back at tracked data to become better. Overall, we are not looking to change any time soon as this tool is so embedded in the way we run our business.

Pros: This software helps our agency thrive and manage a lot of work with ease. We have out entire in house team as well as select contractors set up in this tool for our time tracking and project management of tasks and projects. It offers tons of flexibility and allows us to follow a hybrid waterfall/agile approach to managing work. Schedules are easy to create and export on the fly, reassigning team members and forecasting are easy, etc. It's also very easy to prioritize project work and escalate accordingly and look out and plan months in advance.

Cons: Might be a little outdated feeling in that there isn't a Trello-style board to drag and drop projects/tasks/people, though there is a similar functionality still built in to the tool. It's also not really designed to allow external project teams (your clients) into the system, but there are workarounds.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2019
James p. D.
Managing Director, Sales Effectiveness and Process Optimization
Management Consulting
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2018

"Powerful, adaptive, and flexible project management solution"

Pros: The blend of waterfall and agile capabilities, with a solid Kanban. It is an excellent planning solution for large waterfall based projects and equally capable for agile with scrum projects. For waterfall: It is far easier to use than MS Project or other such solutions that require manual control over dates. The priority based scheduling engine schedules based on priority of the task in the system's hierarchical order. While this is not always the most flexible, they provide numerous ways to control the prioritization with resource splitting, work caps, delayed starts, and dependencies. The time-tracking capabilities are impressive, and it easily integrates time, notes, and work items. The mobile solution is slick and works well. For agile with scrum: Liquid Planner can be configured with fields to capture stories, acceptance criteria, and other elements related to stories. The kanban boards can be configured with a variety of stages.

Cons: While I agree with the priority based scheduling concept, and its implementation, I'd like a bit more flexibility to control my daily task list rather than having to rigidly follow what the schedule dictates I should be doing. Right now, the My Work section allows the user only to see their tasks in order of master schedule priority, which is not always the most logical order in which to work on a specific day. They do permit workarounds with the ASAP prioritization - which works well. My other suggestions for improvement are:
- more granular control over alerts and feeds
- synchronization with Google/Outlook calendar (right now it requires manual calendar synchronization)
- Better reporting on agile with scrum, kanbans.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2018