RetailEdge Reviews

by High Meadow Business Solutions

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.8 /5

About RetailEdge

Affordable, powerful POS software; integrated point of sale systems and inventory management software for retail businesses.

Learn more about RetailEdge

Eric M.
General Manager
Retail
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"We have been using RE since 2007 and have been very happy overall."

Comments: It's an effective way for us to manage our inventory and reports with out a high cost. I do wish there were a userface update to be more "modern" and the ability to look up customers who haven't been here since, say, 2015. More in depth reporting can be beneficial as well.

Pros: The affordability is nice, compared to others that I've shopped around for. We purchased our setup in 2007 and we have since added to it, and have a total of three key FOB's (2 machines, 1 backup) for our business. I can operate the system in my sleep because I'm familiar w/ it, which makes it very hard to consider changing to another system. After digging into the features I was looking for, I found that with a modest purchase, RE can do everything that I want and need it to do.

Cons: I have asked for some features over the years that seem simple and would be useful for the wide variety of customers as well. However, I think my biggest dislike is the inability to get a beep when a negative item is scanned and we're not looking at the screen. Example: We sell canned cat foods, and often times, we sell 24-72 of them at a time. Most of these cans have to be scanned at least once. Errors happen, and if our inventory is off or the items have arrived before being put in, there will be a negative. If you aren't looking at the screen, you'll simply not see the "are you sure" notification, which another scan of a can hits "ok" We have trained ourself for the most part, but it would still be nice to have an alert.

Joshua H.
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2020

"Don't spend too much on your POS!"

Comments: Customer service is great. I am very happy. I would recommend to others (and have)

Pros: I loved the price. But I did a lot of research before I bought. It took me months to decide. I loved that I could use my own hardware. It really does it all. The price compared to other companies is 50-70% lower with more features and no annual fees if you don't want the latest version. Room for expansion is awesome. Adding another terminal does not cost an arm and a leg with other products. To have a non-web based POS software that does it all for this price is amazing.

Cons: When you first buy it you don't get full use of the software until you talk to a rep. It would be nice just to have a license key.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2020
Sara T.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2019

"Feature Rich, Robust & Easy to Use Store Management Software"

Comments: In investigating RE, I emailed the company many, many times. I always got a prompt, complete reply that covered all of my concerns. They were patient and helped me transfer data twice, as the new computer crashed and had to be repaired, then the software reinstalled. In refining the program for my vitamin shop, they have been helpful every step of the way, often offering solutions from their own experience using RE.

Pros: -soft learning curve
-excellent reports
-feature rich
-extreme value for the price
- wicked awesome support
-easy to update inventory

Cons: - minor tweaks that may well be built in later- just getting used to another system, nothing really against RE

• Reviewed on 14/11/2019
Korie R.
OWNER
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2020

"The easiest to use and loaded with features"

Comments: the customer support team was amazing, we suffered from a computer crash and the the team helped us get back up and running very quickly

Pros: We like the ease of adding inventory and products into the system which is the longest process of any system but retail edge made this quick.

Cons: the only thing we wish we could do would be to modify or have the ability to change invoice numbers

• Reviewed on 06/11/2020
Vanessa M.
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2019

"Best Value and Customer Service"

Comments: Great. Excellent customer service and a great well priced product. I don't know what else you could ask for. I liked paying upfront and having minimal monthly fees. Most other companies have little to no up front costs but then their monthly fees are ridiculous. I plan on being in business a long time so this made the most sense to me. Maybe if you aren't sure if you'll be around in 5 years this wouldn't be for you but otherwise you will be saving a TON of money.

Pros: No monthly fees. Powerful yet simple.

Cons: Didn't work with the shopping cart on Weebly. Not able to have Loyalty dollars instantly apply.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2019
Perry J.
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"State sales and use audit was flawless per the auditor ."

Comments: Organization

Pros: Ease of use, great tool for inventory and customer purchase history. Love the reports. We love it and wouldn't change anything.

Cons: Pay to upgrade, missing out on good stuff which we can't always pay to update. Maybe an annual free upgrade could be possible

by High Meadow Business Solutions on 18/10/2018

Perry,

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad you like the reports and and customer purchase history.

Our Upgrade plan is only $5/workstation/month, and at 9-10 updates per year, we feel that amount best suits our customers and our efforts to provide the best version of RetailEdge we can.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Sara R.
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Awesome is the word I would use."

Pros: It's user-friendly and has many layers so there is always some report that you can create or you can detail and customize your inventory. Minimal training when you hire new or seasonal staff. RetsilEdge's staff is very professional (I can probably name every one of them from all the help they've given me over the years and knowledgeable, they are all great!

Cons: Nothing really; As I mentioned before, it's user-friendly and can be used easily. Nothing to complain about.

Katherine M.
Inventory, Database and IT specialist

"Overall good"

Pros: Easy to use. App is helpful. Service is great. The Island functionality is very helpful, as is the ability to hardwire and network. We run two PCs and a laptop that sometimes serves as a register and all three communicate well.

Cons: The reporting is not great. Basic sales etc is fine, or if you just want to see PDFs, it's ok, but the two ways you can export to excel are not great if you need to manipulate the data. Hard to sort, lots of repetitive page break info etc.

Eva L.
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2017

"Great people to work with."

Pros: Easy and inexpensive. Over 135 reports. Easy to search current inventory. Easy to teach employees.

Cons: Should have reports other than a sales report that generate manufacturer or vendor part numbers. Hard to integrate with some of our manufacturers reports. Have to manipulate excel sheets which is too cumbersome. Would like the sizes listed horizontal instead of vertically. Kind of like a size sheet where you make scores.

John S.
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2018

"Very good standalone software suite for managing sales and inventory for a retail store."

Comments: It is invaluable for our business.

Pros: The software is easy to use and very intuitive. Loading inventory is pretty straight forward. Because it is windows based we can run it on any computer that fits our needs. Currently we are using a surface tablet with a generic Bluetooth barcode scanner, receipt printer, label printer, and cash drawer. Initial setup for accepting credit cards was quite easy with the assistance of customer service. The software has a very robust reporting system that help in day to day management and simplifies the accountant's efforts.

Cons: Becuase the software package is so comprehensive, it can take some time to complete the initial setup.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2018
Judy S.
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2018

"The sales process was fantastic. The training was the worst experience ever"

Comments: Ability to have vendor accounts and scan product

Pros: It has the ability to give me the information I need. the scanner is a great feature. The ability to pick and choose the equipment was nice.

Cons: You have to wade through way too much to get to what is needed. The ease of use is minimal. Functionality for the daily user as a cash register is too slow.

by High Meadow Business Solutions on 20/07/2018

Judy, thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We are very sorry to hear you're having a difficult time using RetailEdge, as our Technical Support agents pride themselves on exceptional service and training. Someone will be reaching out to you shortly in order to gather more information about the issues you're having and offer ways to make the program more functional for you and your business. Thanks again.

-Kayla

Larry H.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2017

"I have used RE in-store for the last 6 years. Excellent POS and management for small business."

Comments: Can easily track inventory, slaes, and customers.

Pros: Best features are:
+ I can track inventory and figure out what I have in-store.
+ track PO from vendors and keep track of back-orders.
+ figure out my best selling product and best customers

Cons: - So many features, it is difficult to utilize all of them.
- Front end looks a little dated but not terrible.

Larry H.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2017

"From the purchase to installation the experience was awesome"

Comments: excellent reporting and inventory control

Pros: It is extremely easy to use with functionality that works for my type of business and probably any retail business

Cons: Other than not being able to create a non-stock item code with a negative cost and retail amount, but I have been able to use 2 methods suggested by Retail Edge that works for my application

Peter N.
Manager\ Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2018

"Its easy to use and get detailed reports"

Comments: reports on sales and details reports

Pros: The ability to customize the reports to my exact need. Customer tracking, deposits and lay away are very easy to use. Sales page is simple to use and look up items

Cons: input of inventory and and the P.O. system. A video for training for each activity would be helpful.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2018
Jessi K.
Director of Retail
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2017

"We have been using Retail Edge for over 12 years. It has been an essential tool in our business!"

Pros: Retail Edge is an easy software program to teach our sales staff on for the cash register, regardless of their computer skills.

Cons: The rounding function can be hard to get to an exact number when receiving the purchase orders. It can also be challenging knowing which is the best report to select.

Perry J.
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"Awesone, state we live in did sales tax audit said Retail Edge was great POS"

Comments: Great business picture of sales and breaknown of inventory

Pros: Reliable never fails us. Great reporting featers and user friendly. Great ability to see cost. Love it!

Cons: We have lost the ability to do some features with updates but have found work arounds. I think the fees to keep updated are extreme

Kenny F.
Maritime, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"The best software for the money."

Pros: Easy to use. Takes no time to train someone to use retail edge. Make record keeping a breeze. Best software for the price

Cons: retail edge crashes sometimes. other than that never had an issue with the program. It does everything i need it to do

Shane L.
Facilities Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"Great software, low initial cost and a low maintenance fee"

Pros: Tracks inventory, adjustable min max counts, creates PO's, tracks last cost, average cost, sales, everything you need for retail sales

Cons: When a sale is saved the list only has the customer ID number and not the customer name, not a big deal

Debbie K.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2018

"The Team at Retail Edge is great to work with and very helpful."

Comments: I am not sure I understand the questions you are asking. I guess my benefits include being able to pull data reports which is very helpful.

Pros: The POS is user friendly and very easy to learn. It is easy to train new team members on the POS. I also like having the Island options so I can work at home and when doing events. Everything syncs up so there are not issue.

Cons: It does not have all of the features for my retail store that I would like. The POS does not sync with all online systems. I had already build my website and then found out that it would not sync with it in order to sell online so I have to put things in manually. Kind of a bummer.

Jim L.
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Retailedge overview"

Comments: Great to work with. Easy to teach new employees how to use.

Pros: Retailedge is excellant for retail sales, inventory, and very easy to use.

Cons: Being charged for work to transfer computers,

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Emmerson A.
Manager/Owner
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2018

"Multi-Currency"

Comments: Excellent

Pros: Easy of use, easy to train staff, communication between devices is excellent.

Cons: Not able to handle multi currency at the different buy and sell rates

• Reviewed on 25/10/2018
Jayne B.
Valmont Store Coordinator
Utilities, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2018

"Save a lot of time with paperwork"

Comments: Paperless job

Pros: Easy to find reports and add inventory. The QRL keys are user friendly and labels are easy to make.

Cons: I have not find much I do not like. I use this every day and find more new ways to help make my job easier.

Jayne M.
Co-owner
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Some wonderful features but when we had inconsistencies and inaccuracies, the team could not resolve"

Pros: The reports are very useful. It is helpful with understanding stock, managing stock and the customer base.

Cons: inaccuracies and errors in reports that can't be resolved with support help. We found customers with balances that were not accurate and the support team could not resolve the problem.

Jeanne O.
Proprietor
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2018

"Great Program with Exceptional Customer Support!"

Pros: Comprehensive POS Software Program competitively priced with a one time payment to purchase. Excellent Customer Support with a hour of training included in the purchase price. Incredibly flexible and easy to use. Data stored at individual store site. No additional charges for Gift Cards.

Cons: Sales Receipt difficult to customize. Only 4 lines at the bottom of the Sales Receipt to add store policies.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2018