• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.3 /5

About Wrike

Wrike is an enterprise project management software with templates, time tracking, Gantt charts, Kanban boards, reports, and more.

Learn more about Wrike

Showing 1,708 reviews

Zulhilmi N.
Sales and Marketing Specialist
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2021

"Manage marketing project with Wrike"

Comments: Wrike really change our approach in collaborating project, the process has been simplified and we manage to cut the time to finish our project compared to before using Wrike. Integration with other software is doable and adding value to the software.

Pros: Wrike is really easy to use for managing our sales and marketing related project, we has the all the tools that much needed to managing a complex and resource rich project. Collaborating project with multiple department is smoothly run and we are using the messenger platform to coordinate and communicate quickly.

Cons: The feature and tools in this software is great, but that is another story with is user interface. The graphic design is not helping us to move faster, as many of the icon design is almost identical and sometimes confusing me. Sometimes, the system is not refresh automatically and i need to refresh it manually to get the real-time update.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2021
Laetitia B.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2021

"Wrike for small businesses"

Pros: It's flexible and there are multiple ways to look at projects/task depending on how users like to see things. For example as a list, Gantt chart, table or Boards which is really handy as we have designers and programmers who work very differently. The decision to go with Wrike was also skewed by the ability to have external collaborators join the team. The ability to add custom fields makes it easy to add information required. Different views enable tasks to be seen by project, person, folder etc. Being able to track time on each task is also really useful and easy for everyone. New features are being rolled out frequently and Wrike is fast catching up on the areas I thought were lacking initially.

Cons: The flexibility and customisation makes it a bit confusing to start with, and I also found that the initial set up we had was not optimal. This was the first time we used a Project Management system to this extent, so this may be more of a user error issue. The "CRM" workaround I don't think is worth the trouble. The pricing model is the one that I think lets Wrike down the most. I understand the reason for a minimum of 5 seats, but every increment after this is in 5 seats as well. For a small business, this is a real issue in my view. This is also the case for additional features, many of which are only used by Admin, but are invoiced for each seat.

• Reviewed on 13/01/2021
Chad D.
Director Of Special Projects
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Almost primetime"

Comments: overall the product performs well and I was able to setup 90% on the companies needs on this system.

Pros: The software manages agile very well and other dev type roles. It's easy to see projects and tasks and navigate

Cons: not useful for project work with tracking true time worked. I also don't like the admin limitations.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Paul R.
Consultant
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2019

"Be sure you know who you are and what you need"

Comments: Configuration support was limited unless you spend extra. Chat support is very good but limited to the art of the cure available, not the are of the possible. Getting users to use the system rather than Outlook is very difficult. Integration with Outlook requires expensive additional components. The basic business license has good functionality but lacks important elements that are only available with the enterprise license.

Pros: It is versatile and can be configured for numerous functions

Cons: While good at some it is not great ant any UNLESS you spend significant money to integrate it with other software like Microsoft Outlook or conference systems like Zoom. These integrations are possible but not cheap. The system doesn’t have a notion of time of day for scheduling tasks.

• Reviewed on 23/06/2019
Angele B.
Founder/CEO
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2020

"If you're looking for streamlined, it's not Wrike."

Comments: I was introduced to Wrike by a client who swore by it (and still does) but I'm sad to say my experience with Wrike ended there. In my experience, it was needlessly confusing and just not intuitive.

Pros: I suppose it was nice to see the activity my client was working on as well as her team, as it helped me do my job more efficiently.

Cons: Though we worked together for months, I never really got a grasp of the software. I feel like I couldn't find what I needed easily, I could never replicate the same action twice, and it was just tough to pick up.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2020
Mike H.
CIO
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"Excellent tool for PM's, Easy to use for non-PM's"

Comments: This has been a fantastic addition to our Projects Division toolkits, and has been integral in the success of several projects we have run via Wrike. Without this tool we would not have been able to properly organize all of the steps and milestones, and undoubtedly would not have had such success with each project we completed.

Pros: We were looking for a full project management suite our PM was focused on a robust tool that met all of the PM standards and requirements. As we reviewed various software suites we found that although many met their needs, they were very difficult to use and understand for non-project oriented staff; this was critical for us many staff are required to interact with the Projects Division as part of their stakeholder and SME roles. We were very happy to see Wrike had a friendly and very usable interface that non-PM focused users could interact with easily.

Cons: As an admin level user for myself it is very easy to get 'lost' within Wrike, as I have access to all projects, tasks and PM features. Although note that this isn't a fault of the software but rather how we configured our environment and user access.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Gabriel L.
Chief Technologist
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2020

"I've researched & tested every major player in the "project management" space and Wrike Leads All"

Comments: Wrike is an exceptionally well-developed tool that even offers integration with Outlook to help keep project communication and schedules organized and on-time.

Pros: I'm a big fan of squeezing every additional second of my day, and as such, I'm constantly trying to do more in less time! Wrike keeps my projects on-time & on-budget, while allowing client collaboration.

Cons: I haven't found any major issues, perhaps the setup could be a little less involved but if you put in the time, you reap the rewards of a top project management tool.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2020
Jessa D.
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2019

"Brought sanity and transparency to our work"

Pros: I choose Wrike specifically for the ability to submit project requests. 99% of our projects have to go through some sort of compliance approval, and auditing through a bunch of emails and folders that hopefully had everything was a recipe for disaster. Wrike allows us to have reporting and automatically assign tasks It's incredibly, almost overwhelmingly customizable, so I can have my own workflows to manage website issues while print projects can have their own process, etc, and these templates are automatically assigned, filled out, and dated when the requester fills out the form. The dashboards are nice so you can customize how you want to view your projects, and you can also monitor your team's projects to make sure everything is moving along, and easily step in and request help. Another pro is the collaborator user role, so coworkers not in our department can track, comment, and answer questions within tasks without seeing the other projects, and all of their communication is attached to the project and on record for everyone, including compliance, and not just trapped in one person's email.

Cons: Set up is daunting. Although we paid for someone to help us set up the process, we quickly realized that their orientation instructions weren't suited for our situation at all, so it took a few weeks for us to get everything into place. And I don't think our situation was particularly unusual, we're an in-house marketing department that needed to accept tickets. While Wrike is really good about constantly releasing updates, there are some common sense things that have yet to be ironed out, for example, someone requesting a project can set a due date in the past.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2019
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"Looks amazing, hard to use in practice, with unresponsive community support"

Comments: We tried to solve the problem of a shared project and task management platform, but Wrike was too complicated, clunky.

Pros: Wrike provides a web-based platform that lets the whole team see the projects and tasks we have before us.

Cons: The interface is clunky. Multiple clicks are required for almost anything, and the views are not intuitive. Very difficult to get team adoption because ordinary users find it too complex.
We have also found the customer service lacking. We tried to solve a billing problem and it has taken five months. I have also seen community requests for features totally ignored, including the most obvious feature: being able to convert a task to a project. People write in about this every day but the developer team does not even reply in the community.
Finally, the ios application, while improving, is still subpar.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Gretchen
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2015

"The Right Choice was Wrike"

Comments: After using several different programs to track new products and customization projects, we have found Wrike to be a very efficient solution for our entire company. In Wrike, we are able to set up and assign tasks necessary to complete projects, we can project completion dates thanks to the gantt chart and are able to store vital information in such a way that it is easy to access in the future. Currently the e-Learning Content Department is the primary user of Wrike, but it is accessible by the management team, sales, engineering, and customer service which allows us to communicate and collaborate company wide.

Pros: Gantt chart -- This helps with projects that are complex and require various tasks or phases to be completed in order to develop a final project. We simply could not plan product releases effectively without this!
Folders -- Organization is incredibly important when managing projects for several different facets (customer-driven, sales-driven, marketing-driven, etc) and the fact that I can manipulate and move projects into different folders helps me watch a project as it travels through our "workflow" from inception to delivery.
Tasks -- Not only developing unlimited tasks and sub-tasks with deadlines, but also being able to assign them to different people within our teams has allowed us to have a central point to work from. I highly appreciate the ability to duplicate folders with their included tasks as our workflow is often repeated for similar projects.

Cons: I would like to see different statuses saved in different folders. Instead, the status is changed and it affects all folders globally. This has caused me some confusion or irritation at times.
With sub-tasks, I find myself wishing that changing a tasks' deadline would also change the subtasks' deadlines. When I push things forward or backward with the Gantt chart, I then have to go into each subtask and adjust them as well. Sometimes, it seems easier to make everything tasks so I can use the cause/effect of dependencies.
Duration can be confusing at times given that sometimes a task will take a bit of time daily over several days, but not necessarily all day. Group several tasks like that together and planning resources becomes difficult because you cannot distinguish how much ACTUAL time on a given day is needed for a particular project. I find myself planning by dates and not durations. I think if there were a way to use these independently, that would be helpful.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2015
Senior Designer & Photographer
Graphic Design, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2021

"Brought us out of the dark ages"

Comments: Before Wrike, we were using custom software that looked and worked like it was built when the internet was first invented. But our workflow was so massive, complicated, and time-intensive, we thought it would be impossible to update seamlessly and bring all our files, past, and current projects to a new system. Wrike customer service worked with us every step of the way to help build out the new processes, through testing and multiple revisions, to get it up and running as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Pros: The ability to customize each step of the workflow is most important for us. And the fact that customer service is always available, quick and willing to help, has made all the difference.

Cons: Scheduling tasks on the calendar could be expanded. In our case, each user has their own due dates for their section of a project, but currently the only way to map all these dates on the calendar is to split each project into multiple sub-projects, which quickly turns into a cumbersome and overwhelmingly big folder. It also makes the relevant conversations and files more difficult to track down, since they might be lost in any of these subtasks.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2021
Juan A.
Propietario
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2018

"It helps me get real-time visibility into everything my team is working on"

Comments: I Found that scoping projects are very easy with this tool, the ease of use the tool is very fascinating and it helps me get a lot more done in a shorter amount of time ;)

Pros: I think it's amazing to be able to have a tool that helps me collaborate, and to be surrounded by people that have the same vision and really want to get everything done, and done beautifully. This amazing tool helps me to consolidate communication and enhance my vendor's visibility It helps me get real-time visibility into everything my team is working on It gives me reports to track the projects and my team performances or the Workload, it helps me to have a better view and to see who has bandwidth for the next projects. It's a great way to Coordinate Across Teams, helps me to break down team silos.
Set up workflows for projects to notify tasks and when they should begin work.
Reduce miscommunication and mistakes when everyone has transparency into work.
It's a great way to Develop Campaign Assets, the campaign development process requires collaboration and teamwork.
the Live editing, the threaded comments, document sharing and versioning simplify it's a great way to collaboration and reduce rework.
It helps me to Manage Events, Campaigns and Launches It really helps me to deliver marketing programs on time with less stress.
Get plans out of my head so that I don't lose track.
It really simplifies whenever I have my next advaertising campaign, I just duplicate the template that I already used and then I'm ready to go.

Cons: None

• Reviewed on 19/05/2018
Angelina G.
Marketing Automation Specialist
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2021

"Unique project management software for both large and small teams"

Comments: Wrike has that built-in time tracking feature that helps keep track of how the employees are spending their work hours. This allows us to identify and eliminate any issues that may slow down the team.
We easily break down projects into smaller tasks, organize activities and gain detailed insights on project status and completed tasks through the intuitive charts.

Pros: I like the three-pane view for the management of tasks.
I use the left pane to access my projects, teams and finances.
The middle pane is for creating new tasks, assigning the tasks and setting up due dates.
The right pane is where i see all my tasks and subtasks at once.

Cons: All the three panes does not fully fit on my screen when am using the Mobile App otherwise it works perfectly on my desktop.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2021
Brett W.
Lead Developer
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2018

"Wrike is Great for Small Teams Looking for a Project Management Solution"

Comments: I recommend Wrike for companies looking for a pure project management solution. If you or your company is looking for project management coupled with CRM and other business end functionalities, Wrike itself may not be the ideal solution.

Pros: While working with a team that eventually outgrew email and another product we were using, the team decided to give Wrike a try. Overall, Wrike is great for managing project planning and scoping. While I primarily used it for task management, it made my collaboration with the company a lot easier since the company was able to gauge accurate and more realistic timelines so that the team wasn't overburdened or given unrealistic or unmanageable deadlines. Aside from task management and creating effective project pipelines and timelines, Wrike has the ability to create custom folders so that projects and clients stay organized from the get go and project managers can get an overview of a project's progress in a very short amount of time.

Cons: This application offers a lot of features, almost too many in the project management realm, so I recommend that any team or organization that adopts Wrike into their workflow sign up for training. After training, you should be able to get some consulting from the vendor at how Wrike works best for your company and how it can help improve your current process.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2018
Syamir K.
Administrative Assistant
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2021

"Project and portfolio manager"

Comments: Project planning is never more easier to manage than using Wrike.

Pros: Wrike has a very unique that special only for them, the program structure is look like a tree branches and that method make the project arranging is more visual and easy to arrange. Wrike also has a very good connectivity as it can be access from any device and it has its own software for any platform.

Cons: The pricing plan is calculated from how many user that are registering with the software, it will benefited a team or organization with a small team, but will be costing greatly for a larger team. Integration with other service is a must to have a full potential of the software and it also will adding the cost.

• Reviewed on 03/02/2021
Melissa P.
Content Writer/Project Manager
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2017

"Honest Feedback"

Comments: Wrike is a super efficient platform for collaboration and organization within a business. It can organize tasks, schedules, discussions and company files all in one shared place. It can also sync employees, and can even get clients involved. There are 3 main components to this app which consist of projects, folders and tasks. And while the benefits of this app far outweigh the negative, my biggest issue with Wrike has been that the setup seems a bit confusing to me, and outside of the Wrike webinar that I took, there are no tutorials available online to walk potential users through in order to make usage of the app more efficient.

Pros: The creation of projects with the ability to assign subtasks and dependencies is a really great feature. I also really like the "timeline view" which enables users to see the progression of a project, including all of the dependencies, so that if something is delayed in the process of a project, we are able to project how much time it will take us to complete the entire project now with these varying components and the change of events / due dates.

Cons: It does not have a shared calendar for employees to view a daily, monthly or yearly tasks divvied up, and there are no tutorials available online to teach users how to use the app. I also feel like I could be doing so much more with the app than I am currently aware of. But I am finding difficulty in navigating through it without any sense of direction. This is especially a little frustrating for people who are new to project management, and really have no idea where to begin, or even how to divvy up the tasks in a comprehensive manner for all of our current employees. It would help to have tutorials, offer one-on-one sessions, or even just to have little pop-ups that explain the app as you go, with helpful hints and tips.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2017
Joe C.
Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2020

"A fantastic, Grade-A project management tool..."

Comments: Wrike was a fantastic tool for the short period of time that we used it. We were migrating over from another popular PM software and had set p most everything we needed in Wrike. For a digital marketing agency such as ours, a tool like Wrike is a MUST to keep the team organized and efficient. Ultimately, we ran into an issue with Wrike not being able to migrate all of our data over, thus we had to return to our previous PM software. It was a true shame because I absolutely LOVED Wrike for the 3 months or so that we got to use it.

Pros: The thing I liked most about Wrike was the easy-to-look-at simple interface. It was user-friendly and intuitive. Most of the tools and features weren't too hard to find or to use.

Cons: The only issue we had with Wrike was that they were not able to do an import of our data from our old PM software.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2020
Henry E.
Investor
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2019

"Used it years ago - and it's better now"

Comments: Solving the problem of multiple groups in multiple locations quickly and easily communicating about all types of projects - quickly and easily and 100% online. Getting rid of email to boot!

Pros: Super flexible and FAST user interface. Best PM tool for speed and ease of toggling folder and projects open quickly and easily (in the left column). I think it's better than all of them out there.

Cons: expensive. We were quoted a large cost to go thru the onboarding. I guess you get what you pay for but this is not the 'free' or 'cheap' setup like you get with a Zoho or Trello type tool.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2019
Jennifer F.
Global Chief Talent Officer
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2021

"Wrike is a fantastic resource for managing projects in an organized and efficient way"

Comments: It simply makes everything easier when it comes to managing projects and handling the same information between colleagues within the same work environment. There has been no need for a lot of face-to-face meetings to accomplish tasks and move projects forward, as we always know what we have to do and it is possible to constantly track the status of projects. It has helped us to stay productive and meet project objectives on time. Its interface is attractive and its performance has been great, it improves everything when working on projects and unifies all the work within the same environment so that teams move forward synchronized in their projects.

Pros: Within my organization, Wrike is used throughout our project department, it provides everything we needed to run an organized project management and improve our efficiency. I can stay on top of everything I need to do with my team to complete the tasks assigned to us and constantly advance the success of our projects.

Cons: Its lack of features to customize our workspaces, other than the fact that it is not effective in keeping track of materials and resources used on projects.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2021
James D.
Human Resources Manager
Construction, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"By using applications like Wrike, our team has become more efficient"

Comments: Wrike is essentially whatever you might want to type of it. It's completely adjustable for your organization's uses and is totally the least difficult task the board device I've at any point utilized. various pieces of it are astute and perfectly made. a genuine lift to our group that gets us out of the mud of structuring here and there. Highly suggested.

Pros: I adored that you just had various perspectives on observing your venture: my most loved was the rundown style or Gantt graph style. I likewise truly enjoyed that it matched up with our Adobe programming and permitted you to find out the status of all of the undertakings. I used to be enjoyably astonished that working with the administration wasn't troublesome. Wrike has the preeminent natural interface. Anybody can ace it.

Cons: It takes a touch while to arrange and get familiar with the entirety of the capacities. Yet, when you learn it the undertakings are anything but difficult to arrange. I likewise like that you just can copy ventures which help with sparing time in contributing the data.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Stephanie E.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"The BEST marketing project management system out there, period."

Comments: If you manage a giant multitude of marketing projects, each one with its own set of 'to do' by many different people, Wrike is YOUR ONLY OPTION. We never even need support because it's so easy to use. Just do it. Your life will be much easier.

Pros: Easy to enter project and ad sub projects underneath each one. Add dates and members responsible for each one, with start and due dates. Alerts are set up to come into email, so people stay on top of their tasks. We have thousands of tasks each year, including many trade shows, online paid ad programs, print ads, hosted events, mailers, and more. Each year, we use the 'copy' function which is flexible and allows you to easily move into the next year without a hiccup. We were using an older version of Microsoft project before this. I really don't know what we would do without Wrike!!

Cons: The ONLY little problem we've had is some connectivity issues when using Wrike in Firefox. That's it.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Ethan G.
marketing specialist
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2020

"Highly recommend as a front end user"

Pros: Wrike is very user friendly, its easy to learn how to navigate through the program and collaborate with team members on any given task or project that you create. For anyone who is not as tech savvy or is a super savvy user, it is highly flexible, intuitive and easy to understand all the features.

Cons: The ability to customize the look and feel of a specific calendar that you create to track the future due dates of projects that the team is involved in.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2020
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"Wrike is built for true project management."

Pros: Wrike is hands down an industry leader in project management. We tested many other platforms prior to choosing it, and by far is the most robust. Key important features? 1. Ease of use
2. Great team integration
3. Connects to G-Suite

Cons: No customization for organizations with specific branding needs. It won't allow you to lock in a certain theme or GUI based on your organization's needs.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2019
Denis M.
Digital Marketer
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2019

"Great for project management"

Comments: Overall I find Wrike a great project management tool that I highly recommend.

Pros: I've spent a good amount of time working with Wrike managing complex projects. It has many good features - intuitive user interface, all sorts of task dependencies, clocking time, Gantt charts, kanbans.

Cons: What I really find annoying with Wrike is not being able to share projects online and rather expensive.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2019
Marketing Associate
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"Help your team stay organized"

Comments: Overall, Wrike is a great tool that helps teams stay on track and complete tasks in an organized and efficient manner. It's a robust platform that offers a lot of ways for your team to stay connected and on track. It's UI is a bit clunky at times and it's customization abilities can be a bit confusing, but overall it's a great project management resource for teams.

Pros: Wrike is a robust platform that allows you and your team to keep track of projects, work on projects together, and plan tasks in advance. The user dashboard can be customized to fit how each team member works and processes information. 5 team members could all be working on the same project but Wrike will help make sure they are viewing tasks in a way that's easy for them to process. It also sends you automatic updates to let you know when your tasks are due or when someone has sent you something, so you never lose track of important information.

Cons: While Wrike can be customized (and this is a great pro) the customization isn't always easy to access or understand. Not only do you need to be careful that you're tweaking your own dashboard and not a team one, BUT you then also need to configure your personal dashboard to receive team updates. It can get a bit confusing if you aren't familiar with how the software works or aren't a tech savvy or patient individual. This quirk could be easily resolved with clearer instructions and an easier interface that takes some of the guess work out of creating customized boards.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019