Function Point Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Function Point

The all-in-one system with project & resource management, time tracking, estimating & invoicing, and financial reporting.

Learn more about Function Point

Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2018

"Cures the timesheet entry drudgery."

Comments: I'm not particularly good about keeping my timesheets current, but Function Point makes it a lot easier to keep on track.

Pros: I like that I can access it anywhere and on whatever device I happen to be using. I rely on the weekly timesheet for most of my time entry stuff. The TAB through interface makes it really simple.

Cons: My biggest complaint is that when you make a mistake or key something that needs clarification, a dialog box requiring an action comes up nowhere near where you're currently working on the page. And you have to click the OK button to close it. It won't accept the return key or tab key. Say you're looking up a job. You type in a few letters, hit TAB and a list comes up. That list is at the bottom of the page and you have to mouse over your selection and click it in order to move on. Even if you don't see the job you're looking for in the list, you still have to mouse over and click OK. It's a small thing, but compared to all the other software I use each day, this is a pretty clunky issue for me.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 30/08/2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We'd love to understand more about this behaviour you're experiencing in your searches. You can reach us at [email protected]

James D.
Project Manager/Copywriter
Graphic Design Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2018

"I use Function Point every day for project management and organizational purposes."

Comments: Function Point has helped to consolidate and digitize a lot of the things that would have been done either in physical, print form (such as recording time worked on each task), or in a less efficient way (such as creating estimates).

Pros: What I like most about Function Point is the ease of creating estimates and saving templates. It allows us to provide very in-depth estimates to clients and prospects, which we have received compliments on. Very rarely do I see estimates that are as detailed and clear as the ones that Function Point allows us to create with relative ease. Likewise, the simplicity of creating an Invoice from an existing Job also streamlines the process tremendously. We also make extensive use of the Notes function to create easy-to-follow instructions for our artists to follow. The fact that these are then saved automatically with the Job and are easy to go back to and reference is very helpful. It makes organizing them and trying to keep track of them much less of a hassle.

Cons: One thing I don't like about the Function Point software is that, when a Job is "closed," any tasks that remain un-completed just sit on the Tasks/To Dos page on the homepage of FP. Sometimes we find that tasks we initially think will be required are not needed in the end. Once the Job is closed, I'd much prefer that the "left over" tasks automatically get marked in some way as to indicate that they were not completed, while still being removed from the Tasks/To Dos list. My list is constantly cluttered by Tasks for Jobs that were finished weeks ago, but which I know nothing about because I was never required to actually complete that task. It ends up that someone has to manually close out every individual task that is not needed. Feels like a waste of time.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 23/04/2018

Hi James, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We've passed your great feedback to our Product Team for consideration!

• Reviewed on 20/04/2018
Hollis W.
Director of Client Services
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2018

"Lots of Features"

Comments: Overall it's nice to have once tool for many of our project tracking/accounting needs.

Pros: There are a lot of features that could be disparate apps but all come together nicely in one program. We mostly use for estimating, time tracking, invoicing and reporting. We don't use the brief or schedule features currently but would like to look at them again to see if they might be good for our team now that we've bene using FP for a few years.

Cons: It took us a while to set up in a way that made sense for our teams/how we work and to put some best practices into place. When we first started using FP, the Brief and Schedule features were clunky/didn't work for how we work so we haven't been able to utilize them. I also feel like some workflows are clunky and I find myself going back and forth to different views to complete tasks, but make it work!

by Function Point Productivity Software on 14/08/2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Hollis. Your Customer Success Manager will reach out to you to discuss how the Briefs and Schedules modules can work for your team!

• Reviewed on 13/08/2018
Susan L.
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2014

"Changed our business for the better!"

Comments: As a small agency of 8 people, making the change to a new system was a daunting task. It seemed like it would fit the bill, but I was worried about the learning curve and the what if I didn't like it after we got into the thick of it. I knew, however, that this should be a good move, we needed to do this before we grow and add more people. The system has everything I need and much I didn't know I'd want. Setting up was challenging but Jim our FP expert here (and the guy who discovered you) was chomping at the bit to get this going took total control of setting us up. Between the two of us we really rocked set up which means the system is very Mac minded. This year was our first full year on the system and everyone here loves it for many different reasons and we are still only scratching the surface of what it can do. Time keeping and invoicing is now a breeze, for me I have started to check everyones weekly time just to be sure everything has been entered, I caught days of missing entries, I had assumed everyone was entering time on a regular basis. Its like finding money! Too many reasons to say why I love this system. I know more, save time, can access anywhere-anytime. My key people can access everything if I'm not here. I especially like attaching printing invoices to the job so anyone can access it instead of me going through my files to find it. On another note, we couldn't have gotten through all this without the web classes, and you tube videos. Makes for a wonderful way to learn. Then there are your problem solvers. Every question I have ever had was addressed promptly and explained so I could follow through. I think that is really important. Makes me feel even better just know I can get answers when I need them. Thanks for changing our business for the better! Why am I writing now? Well, as I opened the program to start my day I realized I'm really on top of this now. It isn't forced 'I gotta do this", or remembered 'dam-it I forgot to enter...", its habit. Took a while but seemed after so much getting used to it I should finally let you all know me and my crew love it, especially me, the one who has to access and keep track of all of this.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 20/11/2014

Thank you Susan. We really appreciate your feedback and love working with you.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2014
Maria D.
Production Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"Many Features for agencies"

Comments: Their client services team is great! it provides integration of different metrics and views of projects and agency management.
We actually used this software in a couple different ways and got enough support from their team to accommodate the product to our needs, and re-engineer the processes.

Pros: This software has a great integration of project management, time management, budgets, suppliers and many other features that make it unique.
Constant improvements and features make the software quite competitive when compared to other industry standards, although it is not as common

Cons: Could use better visibility for task management in a more agile friendly manner such as sticky notes view.
Missing multiple currency integration for agencies working in multiple countries

Elly S.
Senior Interior Designer

"Great overall"

Pros: To be able to track hours live with everyone at the office is very handy when monitoring projects.
Navigation is simple and intuitive.

Cons: Not really Cons but more suggestions :) 1. I wish there was more options with customizing the dashboard.
2. When I am logging in, entering password with CAP LOCK on, it does not tell me right away, like most other websites, so I end up entering it twice. I have to have the Cap Lock on quite often, so it could be really useful if it told me about it.
3. Also the Jobs tab under "View Jobs" - I wish more than 5 jobs can be shown on the drop down menu so it is quicker to reference different jobs.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 14/05/2018

Hi Elly, thanks so much for your suggestions! They're now with our Product Team for consideration.

Catherine K.
Senior Copywriter
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"I mainly use Function Point for project information, time tracking and communicating w/ coworkers."

Comments: Easy time tracking and comprehensive access to important project information/files.

Pros: I've used other, similar programs in the past, and FunctionPoint is by far the most comprehensive, while also being extremely easy to navigate. I find it to be pretty fool proof, so I'm never worried about messing something up.

Cons: I think the search functionality could stand to be a bit more user friendly. It usually takes me a few tries to find what I'm looking for if I don't have ALL the relevant information.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 21/03/2018

Hi Catherine, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us! If you ever have more feedback for us, we'd love to hear it: functionpoint.ideas.aha.io

• Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Ceil D.
Account representative
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2018

"Function Point is fairly easy to use but if you ever have questions they have great customer service"

Pros: It helps me streamline my financial picture so I can look at our actual costs versus billed amounts easily to see where we need to improve on our estimating of time/resources needed to improve our overall financial health.

Cons: Sometimes I have a hard time finding things within the software. For example, how to change a setting to have the program do something different. However, the customer service is great so if I get stuck I just reach out and then have a folder in my email to save instructions from FP so the next time I have them handy.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 11/05/2018

Hi Ceil, thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! We're happy to hear about the great experiences you've had with our customer success team!

Penny M.
Assistant Product Manager Retail
Farming, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2016

"Farmlands Review"

Comments: Our experience with Function Point has been a really positive one. Right from the start the FP team were happy to help with any queries and even now with any questions that come up they respond in a timely manner with the answers. The actual program is easy to use and the whole team agrees we don't know what we did without it!

Pros: Ease of use, clear simple design, great reporting and tracking of jobs.

Cons: Having to download files in the files tab can take a while
Cant have symbols in links

by Function Point Productivity Software on 12/12/2016

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us, Penny. I'm so glad to hear that you're having a great customer experience! Please let us know if you ever have other feedback or suggestions.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2016
Marketing Associate
Financial Services Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2018

"Review"

Comments: Overall my experience is positive

Pros: Easy to use
Work on multiple browsers / desktop and mobile.

Cons: Limits on file size
Improvements to the 'search' function when trying to find a job

by Function Point Productivity Software on 30/10/2018

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear that limits on file sizes and search functionality is causing challenges for your team.

Let me know if you'd like to talk to the product team at FP to discuss your specific use cases.

Best,
Saurabh

• Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Scott M.
National Production Director
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2016

"The best agency management in the market"

Comments: I have used and reviewed a number of agency workflow management products and Function Point is without doubt the most intuitive and user experience friendly one out there. It does everything it says that it can do and is in a constant state of improvement. The customer support is excellent and I can say without reserve that Function Point has changed the way we work... for the better, much better.

Pros: It's appearance. It's intuitiveness. The customer service.

Cons: That you can't create an estimate and then assign it to a job. The process is very linear and can be very frustrating.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 26/09/2016

Hi Scott - I'm so glad that you're enjoying how intuitive and user-friendly Function Point is. Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts with us, and please feel free to reach out if you have other suggestions for how we can make Function Point even better.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2016
Principal

"A good place to start"

Comments: It has helped us to track and manage projects profitablility because we have a way of analyzing prior project sand charging appropriately for similar kinds of work.

Pros: Once we got used to the system it is very easy to use, and to generate reports.

Cons: Would like a more detailed way of managing projects

by Function Point Productivity Software on 30/08/2018

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

Eric H.
Business Development Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2017

"FP has been a great tool for in my opinion."

Comments: ease of use and that all information on video projects are readily available with the exception of a work in progress dashboard

Pros: Grouping estimates and jobs for specific clients and being able to search by many different criteria (i.e. company name, estimate number etc.)

Cons: I wish there was a feature where there was a dashboard showing all current jobs and status at a glance. Currently we have to as each producer status on a given job.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 31/07/2017

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Eric!

• Reviewed on 31/07/2017
Carey J.
Director of Customer Success
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2018

"We use FP for estimate creation and hour tracking."

Pros: Easy workflow for creating and exporting estimates. Being able to create templates and copy estimates allows for easy replication of scope of works.

Cons: search functionality is cumbersome. Mainly when attempting to navigate through search results. If you select a search result and then attempt to navigate back to the results page it does not work.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 14/05/2018

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Carey. We've passed your feedback on to the Product Team for consideration.

Jeremiah S.
Director of Technology
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"Nice Project Management and CRM"

Comments: Overall my experience has been pleasant and enjoyable and I plan on continuing to use.

Pros: The project management features are rich and allow proposals to be brought directly over and jobs created from them. User task tracking and time management features are deep.

Cons: I have enjoyed using the software and not much I dislike. As an online service there are times when outages have occurred at inopportune moments.

Ross D.
Senior Director
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2018

"OVerall, a less complicated process than software I've used at other agencies."

Comments: Ease of use.

Pros: Ease of time entry. I have worked other places where enterting time was a laborious task due to inefficient or outdated software. FP is easy to use, populates fast and enables me to not waste time entering my time.

Cons: Pulling hours reports for people I manage is somewhat complicated and the .xls files are not organized in any manner, which requires me to do work in order to get things in order before I can analyze the data.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 11/05/2018

Hi Ross -- thanks for sharing your feedback with us, we appreciate you taking the time to do so!

Gwyneth C.
Brand Creator

"Easy flowing experience!"

Pros: I love how I can be tasked with a job and instantly click the clock icon to automatically fill all the necessary sections, before adding the description.

Cons: I wish I could search with key words for past job I've posted in an easier way. It would be great if I could just search a specific word and anything I've ever posted having that word would show up.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 27/07/2017

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Gwyneth. We really appreciate it!

Katie M.
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2015

"Great product, even better customer support"

Comments: The product: Very useful. You can streamline everything from new business leads, resource planning, time tracking, revenue reporting and everything in between. The system's back end is very customizable, and you can tailor everything (more than you even think of on a day-to-day basis) to the way you will best use it. You can tell it was really very delicately planned and well-thought out. I'd recommend really taking the time to learn it, identify how your agency will use it, and set it up accordingly. Otherwise, you may find yourself needing to backtrack and re-enter information because everything is interconnected. It's intricate and detailed, but user-friendly and simple if you take the time and use it thoughtfully. The customer service: Outstanding. They are friendly and knowledgeable, and actually want to provide support. They are available to help you maximize what you get out of it and do just that. I'd recommend poking around in the system in advance of each of the training sessions - they go through a lot of material and it's a lot to digest if you're seeing it for the first time. You can maximize your time with your consultant if you've used it a bit and have some specific questions.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2015
Delona B.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2016

"Disappointed"

Comments: While there are some things we like about this, on the whole we would not choose it again. It is not intuitive and some core features one would expect don't exist--so require a work-around. It has been more frustrating to use than we hoped, and we will be looking to replace it when we can.

Pros: We like having the basic documents all stored in one place--estimate, CB, invoice.

Cons: Rigid work processes
Very difficult to use for projects that have open-ended costs and fixed costs combined--designed for one or the other, not both.
Quickbooks integration has been very time-consuming and frustrating.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 22/08/2016

Hi DeLona - First and foremost, I want to thank you for taking the time to review Function Point. While I'm glad you enjoy the ability to access your estimates, briefs and invoices in one place, I'm sorry you feel frustrated with the intuitiveness and flexibility of Function Point.

We work hard to ensure that our software is aligned with the specific needs of agencies, and if you have any further suggestions for how we can make Function Point better, please let us know at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 05/07/2016
Jeralee H.
Web Strategy Manager I
Financial Services Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2017

"Updates haven't been extremely helpful for how we're using the product"

Comments: Individual task and time management.

Pros: Task management by individual person. Resourcing forecast based on date range. Ability to use it from anywhere.

Cons: The new scheduling list doesn't really work for our team, we prefer the old schedule template if we have to adjust entire schedules rather than having to adjust each individual task in the schedule. Some of our schedules have hundreds of tasks, so the adjust dates functionality in the old schedule is crucial for us.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 27/07/2017

Hi Jeralee, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Your Customer Success Manager will be in touch to help you out with the solution to this!

Cesar B.
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2016

"Function Point Excellence is to be Recognized"

Comments: We work with Function Point for three years now. We are very satisfied with this project management software. Planning projects, track progress and collaborate with our team has never been easier. We are more productive, cut meeting time and reduce the stress to finish a project on time. We tested other project management software and finally decided for Function Point because it is easy to use, it has many advanced features that are easy to learn and the customer service is superb. Whenever we had a question we always have received a prompt answer or a call.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 18/10/2016

Cesar - I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. I'm so glad to hear that fp. has helped AC&M Group become more productive and less stressed! Please reach out if you ever have suggestions for how we can make fp. even better.

• Reviewed on 18/10/2016
Olivia D.
Corporate Communications Writer
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2017

"Daily time tracking, typically smooth experience"

Pros: Timesheet interface is easy to navigate and like how tasks move forward week-to-week; dashboard is easy to navigate

Cons: Timesheets should alert you sooner when entering duplicate jobs; completing tasks is tedious and requires too many clicks

by Function Point Productivity Software on 12/12/2017

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, Olivia!

• Reviewed on 11/12/2017
Steve H.
Partner, VP of Strategy & UX
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2015

"The perfect marriage of software services to run a full-service digital agency!"

Comments: We are a full-service digital agency and we wanted a solution that was a marriage between CRM, resource management, project management, time tracking, proposals/briefs, reporting and invoicing. fp. was the answer. fp. has helped us to manage a complex set of rate cards, service codes, and types of resources, which has helped save us hundreds of hours of wading through multiple spreadsheets to manage the same kind of thing in MS Excel. We carefully analyzed all of the competition out there before starting a new agency, and found fp to be the winner on every level. Their onboarding team bent over backwards to help get us up and running, and train us.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2015
Adam N.
Art Director
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2017

"I used this software as a freelance art director at an agency in Denver."

Comments: Time sheets

Pros: It was easy to use. It picked up the job codes easily so filling it out was doable. It was easy to keep up with on a daily basis.

Cons: I don't remember anything that really bothered me about the software. Except for maybe the way it looks.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 18/12/2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Adam!

• Reviewed on 15/12/2017
Rob C.
Founder/Principal
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2015

"Function Point As A Creative Agency Project Management Tool"

Comments: Function Point is an extremely powerful and flexible tool which plays a critical role in managing our agencies day to day operations.
Not only has the Function Point allowed us to build significantly improved processes and increase efficiency and accuracy in our business, their client support is simply unparalleled.
It is without hesitation I would recommend Function Point to any other agencies looking for the right web based project management tool for their team.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2015