• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.6 /5

About LiveChat

Premium Live Chat and Help Desk Software used by 30,000 businesses. Try LiveChat and turn your team into customer service rockstars!

Learn more about LiveChat

Showing 1,109 reviews

Owner | Managing Member
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"Excellent Software For Your Website"

Comments: The experience that i encountered with this software has been superb, it has helped our company turn live visitors into qualified prospective clients, in this day and age instant customer service and support are essential for any business. We use live chat in combination with other software to complete the next steps in our prospect conversion and follow through.

Pros: I like how easy it is to deploy the software on my website and the customization ability that it provides to me. One can customize everything from the chat design the colors and the pop ups the visitor will see. There is availability to custom design it to go with your websites design. The software has availability for multiple users, and 3rd party app integration enabling us to take our prospective client from start to closing in our sales process

Cons: The only feature id like to be able to remove is the live chat link at the bottom of our chat pop up. Other than that everything is superb.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2020
Joanne W.
Author
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2021

"LiveChat is fantastic for users who live in other countries where calling isn't an option."

Comments: Overall, my experiece with LiveChat has been really positive. It's a great way to chat to customer service, to eliminate any difficulties with understanding other accents, and someone is always available no matter my time zone.

Pros: What I liked most about this software was being able to access it from my country where calling a company isn't possible since I'm dealing with unusual time zones.

Cons: What I liked least about this software was that the chat screen was hard to find again if I left the chat for a few moments to open another internet tab.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2021
Eric M.
Global Director of Support
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Outsourced Provider LiveChat Integration"

Comments: Around 5 years ago we began looking for a new LiveChat solution not only for our business, but the clients we represent who offer support of tens of thousands of end users each. Because of thi,s we needed a feature rich platform that integrated with our own internal tools but also was easy to integrate and configure on our client's websites. We looked at a number of different solution providers and LiveChat won our business with a stable platform, easy to integrate with, easy to separate out by customer and also was very budget friendly which is especially important in the outsourcing business. By selecting LiveChat we were able to consolidate down from 3 separate LiveChat providers into one, streamlining both our workflows and our set up process. Over the years LiveChat has continued to provide excellent support for their product and is constantly adding new features and tools that our team enjoys - chat agents, management, and developers alike. Whenever I have had an integration issue or a question about the product their support team has been extremely prompt and helpful in all of their support channels. We are very pleased with our choice to move to LiveChat and look forward to continuing business with them for many years to come.

Pros: - Stable platform
- Ease of separation of groups
- Ease of integration
- Reports and tools (admittedly we export this into our own tool and don't use LC's)
- Security and custom rules
- Customization and branding
- Consistent improvements
- Support team is prompt and helpful

Cons: - Some updates cause issues with set up and updates aren't announced very well
- Ticket system is 'meh' and we don't use it
- No send chat transcript by group, it's all or nothing

by LiveChat Software on 06/12/2018

Thank you and really happy you like using LiveChat, we do our best to make it even better, every day!

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Marketing & Advertising
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2015

"LiveChatInc Review"

Comments: We are a 3rd party company using LiveChatInc app as our platform to serve our industry, and its been great. I tried several others, and there were functions I liked, but in the end, we came back to LiveChat because of their ease of use, support, and some unique capabilities other chat companies didn't have. There are a couple of important changes we would love to see to make it more customizable, but overall, I would recommend it highly.
I've tested at least 4 of the "top" live chat apps out there … and we came back to this one, as it was the best overall.

Pros: First of all the Support team is very friendly and helpful. This is key and they have always tried their best to help, and were open to my feedback on improvements that could be made.
It is very easy to use, very intuitive.
Has some unique features I've not found in other live chat apps (example: auto greetings to customers are personal, and come specifically from one of my live chat experts. Other platforms I've used, it sends a generic auto invite, and the customer has to ACCEPT to chat, before they are connected with an agent. We have compared, and this one feature makes our take rate (customer engages in a chat) much higher, due to it being a personal invitation by one of our reps.

Cons: The biggest one is the inability to customize Visitors window for our staff. An older version (which we still have to use) used to allow you to set up specific columns of info on each visitor. This way you could see how many times they visited, were invited, refused, etc… without having to click on each visitor to see this info. If you have a lot of visitors it is impossible to click on each of them in a timely manner and know whether to engage in a conversation. This is a big one that needs updated soon.
It has taken a long while to have auto invites work properly on all mobile platforms (iPad, iPhone, tablets, etc). It still isn't possible on all, but on most devices now, customers will get a pop up if you send an invitation to chat.
Wish you could set up a second Auto Invite (ie. at 1 minute into the visit, an auto greeting is sent … if declined, at 4 minutes, a second one is sent). Unfortunately, not possible.
When you send a personal invite, it classifies it as a CHAT, even if the customer doesn't chat with you. So the archives get filled with "blank chats" that you have to leaf through.
All of that said, besides the first one, it is still the best live chat app out there, in my opinion. Fingers crossed the Visitor view options will be changed back soon, to allow it to be more customizable for customers.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2015
Christy S.
Director of Operations
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2015

"LiveChat is Great!"

Comments: We've been using LiveChat for almost 2 years now. It's been so helpful to see who's on our site when they are actually there and to be able to help them when they need it (which keeps them from straying)! We are an incorporation services provider and people often have lots of questions when they are searching for a provider in this field. Though we have the answers to most of those questions on our site, people often want to clarify or they may feel lost when ordering. Having LiveChat makes it easier for our potential clients to reach out to us without having to leave our site or even to pick up the phone. Instant gratification! Thanks to LiveChat, we've been able to quickly convert those people with questions into clients.

Pros: Visitor data is so very helpful for us. When a client has an issue while ordering, it helps us to know what browser they are using. It is also quite helpful for us to know where they are connecting from (country or state) as this can determine what kinds of services they need. Also included with the visitor data are the IP, and the pages visited (and for how long they stayed on those pages). This lets us know about where the visitor decided to leave and what they were looking for...and if we feel the need, we can offer to chat with them (rather than waiting for them to start one with us). LiveChat also makes a verbal announcement when we get a visitor to the site, informing us as to whether they are "new" or "returning" visitors. There is also a verbal announcement when someone initiates a chat ("incoming chat"). The ticket feature is also helpful. When the office is closed or if the technician is away from their desk, the clients can leave a message for us to follow-up later.

Cons: It would be very helpful if the visitor data were logged and saved for reporting purposes via LiveChat. This historical data might prove useful to us when making changes to our site. It would be nice if the incoming chat would also pop-up a separate window. Sometimes I have my volume down or off when I am on the phone and I've almost missed chats that way.

• Reviewed on 04/11/2015
Kaleb H.
Director of Operations
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Great for our needs"

Comments: We're the online arm of a century old shoe repair business, and wanted to offer a way for our customers to quickly ask questions about potential repairs, check order status, etc. without the need to call or send an email and wait for a reply. At first I was against having a chat function because I believed it would take up too many resources from our small processing staff; having to sit in front of the computer all day and waiting to see if a chat came in - they have lots of other things they could be doing rather than sitting in front of the computer. Using LiveChat's API functionality, I was able to some custom programming and integrated LiveChat with some Philips Hue lightbulbs, so now whenever a chat comes in, there are lights that start flashing all over the builiding so we know to get in front of the computer, but that leaves us free to go about our regular business during the day and saves us from having to keep one person tied up looking at the computer. It's worked out great for us so far!

Pros: We find LiveChat to be very user friendly, and especially like the API functionality.

Cons: I can't really think of anything we dislike about LiveChat, it suits our needs perfectly.

by LiveChat Software on 06/12/2018

Hi Kaleb,

If by chance, you had a moment to leave us a review at WordPress, it would help us even more deliver the best live chat experience to our WordPress users:

Cheers,
LiveChat team

• Reviewed on 16/11/2018
Emilia E.
Technical Support Lead
Financial Services Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2018

"The most feature packed support solution."

Pros: Setting up Livechat is as simple as copying the Livechat html code provided to new users during the signup process and pasting into the html section of your website code and you are good to go. Livechat is the most feature packed helpdesk support solution out there .It integrates with the most popular CRM solutions out there like Salesforce and Microsoft dynamics.
I like how every chat conversation between support agents and web visitors are archived for future referencing. The sneak peek feature puts support agents one step ahead of website visitors ,by letting them see real life what a visitor is typing ; even before it is sent.

Cons: I dislike how basic the Livechat mobile app. is ,only allowing chat conversations between agents and website visitors. Also we are unable to delete message archives ,except we contact Livechat and they delete it from their end.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Zeeshan A.
Manager Fraud and Billing
Computer & Network Security, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2020

"Better Live Chat softwar"

Pros: LiveChat provides you better user experience and reporting tools. You can easily monitor KPIs and Agent availability. You can rout specific Chat to specific Group of Agents. You can set pre and post chat survey.

Cons: Ticket system needs improvement to replace Zendesk

• Reviewed on 20/11/2020
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2020

"Chatbots can never replace Human touch"

Comments: Livechat has been a great tool for all my clients that we having implementing it to and they see the growth in sales and high conversation rate of traffic.

Pros: In the world of web development, offering support to clients or perhaps adding more value to web sites will then mean either adding chatbots or live support services. If you would go with chatbots, customizing them is time consuming and sometimes its boring for clients knowing that they are not talking with a human being on the other side. I have tried alot of these live support plugins but none of them offers so many features like Livechat. What i really love them most is the fact that its so easy to install on any website, be it php, asp or javascript based frameworks. Also the desktop application for agents come in handy for the team to give support to clients and best of all the capabilities of offline messaging to emails its very useful during after hours or when you are offline.

Cons: It might look pricey for small startup but at the end of the day its worthy having unlike using chatbots.

• Reviewed on 04/04/2020
Christina (.
Sales and Marketing Manager
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2018

"Love when Live Chat is on a Website I visit!"

Comments: Love the instant access LiveChat gives you to tech support and the way it automatically lets the customer know when the support is or not available. The sites that take the time to customize it to let the customer know when the support will be available again is even better. A great addition to your site. Love it when I visit a site that has LiveChat! Love that it is free for the end user

Pros: - Instantly feel better about the site I am visiting when I see the Live Chat logo, because I know the site cares about their customers enough to offer a free and convenient way to offer support.
- easy to access the support by simply clicking the logo and depending on the site offering minimal information to start the chat
- if the chat is unavailable it gives you the information right away
- Free for the end user so a definite pro when needing quick tech support

Cons: - I have had an issue where the tech is helping multiple people at one time. It really does not reflect on the software it self as much as the particular site. it would just be nice if the Live Chat had a way to display, tech currently helping 2 or more people at one time, please be patient.
- not all sites if you accidentally close the window will automatically keep your chat open so you have to start all over which is a pain. Yes it is my fault for trying to multi-task but sometimes necessary.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2018
Susie B.
Director, Customer Service
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2018

"Easy to Use with Excellent Customer Support"

Comments: I find LiveChat very easy to set up and use daily, and I'm not a tech person at all. Everything is designed in a way that's logical and clear, so most of the time I can navigate around and do everything myself. They also have a lot of optional free plug-ins which you can install, or not, to enhance the functionality of the system. And if you need help, use their Live Chat (of course!) for quick and friendly assistance. Their help department reps are live people who actually help you and don't just send you canned responses.

Pros: Our customer service reps like the feature where they can see what the customer is typing before the customer hits "enter." This gives a little extra time to research the customer's issue so as to have a quicker response or resolution.

Cons: It would be nice if they added a spell check or grammar check to help our reps communicate in a more professional way.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2018
Dipin R.
Technical Support Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2019

"Live chat, a very reliable tool to handle conversations."

Pros: We found this application very intuitive and easy to use. I just love their customer service and support team, they handle issues and get back to you at the earliest. The other applications available are quite buggy and complicated, but this one is absolutely easy to deal with. If you want to search for something, tag or archive, this application has made all that simple. The application is very user-friendly They have got the best of stats and metrics are used, which has helped me in forecasts etc.

Cons: I found it very difficult to transfer my chats. I had found that the archived chats are quite difficult to load. The mobile application needs updating, it looks quite outdated compared to other applications available.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2019
Alan J.
Manager of Business Development
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2018

"A chat application integrated with a lot of features that boost your customer service capabilities."

Pros: Has a lot of features which you wouldn't find in other real-time chat applications. The customer service and support are quite responsive and quick. An easy to use interface. Helps to tailor service for customers based on their needs. In comparison to the features provided, the application is very cost effective. Reporting, metrics, and statistics are well updated. Higher conversion rates are experienced in live chat when in comparison to other applications, as here the customers need not accept the chat request for representatives to connect with them. Visitors data provided can be utilized.

Cons: The mobile application requires a lot of improvement as compared to its desktop versions and we won't see every live chat features there.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2018
Gary W.
Business Applications Analyst
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2018

"The chat platform we've always wanted."

Pros: It still amazes me how flexible and powerful the LiveChat chat system is, while still retaining an easy to use, intuitive and straight-forward user interface. Administration is a breeze and a pleasure (and I don't give that compliment lightly)! Up-scaling is painless, and their support staff are lovely to talk to, and super helpful. The developer documentation portal for their APIs and libraries is most likely single best example I have ever come across. A huge win for LiveChat if you have any integration or customisation in mind.

Cons: As someone who focuses their use purely on the live chat features to augment an existing ticketing and CRM system, the inability to turn off the ticketing features is an annoyance. The plugin-like apps offer some amazing potential, but lack a proper sandboxed development environment, and access to a couple critical sources of customer data.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2018
John T.
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2018

"A great app to chat with customers who visit our website"

Pros: Livechat just enables the feature that gives us an ability to chat with people who visits our website in real time. This ensures no customer might leave our website with any kind of doubts. The facility that the chat agent can initiate a chat is always good as the customer will think when seeing we initiate chat that we are interested in doing business with them and they will also feel like we are there for any kind of help. Live chat is the best option for websites that mainly sells products.

Cons: If we add another chat agent to the existing pool, it takes few minutes to get it updated on the page where customers see the new agent's name as well. I think a hard refresh of the app will do the job for you in this case.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2018
tutor
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2019

"Convenient to Contact Customer Service"

Comments: My overall experience with LiveChat has been quite convenient. I appreciate that I have the option to connect with a customer service agent right away and wish more sites used this feature! It is a fast and efficient way to take care of any questions or concerns and I get excited any time I see the LiveChat option on a website I am shopping or browsing on!

Pros: I find myself using Live Chat frequently in order to communicate with various customer service agents because I am an avid online shopper and sometimes have questions/concerns/complaints. Overall my experience on Live Chat is pretty smooth but sometimes it does glitch and I have to start over which can be frustrating if I have already explained why I am contacting them, because I have to explain it all again. Many times they are able to transfer me back to the agent I was speaking with, which I love and takes care of the issue of having to start over again!

Cons: I do not like how it takes while to connect to the agent, and once connected there is no sound or blinking to indicate if I received a message.. There have been times where I forgot I was even chatting with someone while waiting for their response, which is my fault, but then I have to sift through my tabs to find them again and reply. Also, I don't like that there is no notification and that most websites are not compatible with going to any other page on the site, and if you want to chat with an agent you have to stay on that page. Sometimes I accidentally back space, or click on another section of their site not realize the entire chat will disappear, and again I have to start over.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2019
Florence B.
Customer Service Supervisor
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"Livechat is the standard ,others should follow."

Pros: Livechat is feature rich and I will tip Livechat as the best help desk solution out there, when it comes to handy features for customer support agents and the level of support offered to support teams.
As the senior customer care agent in my organization,I especially like the daily chat summary. Livechat sends me a summarized performance metric of my team at close of work everyday.Therefore allowing me to know how well or badly we have performed for the day.

Cons: Livechat provides my team with everything we need to effectively guide our customers in their journey with my organization.I see Livechat as the gold standard for every other help desk solution to follow.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Laura H.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2018

"Love Canned Responses and Keyboard Shortcuts"

Comments: Overall, we love LiveChat for our team. It's one of the easiest to use and the cost is amazing compared to some others we looked at. I love that we can see browser types and pages visited while we're talking to our customer base. It's really helped us up our customer service game.

Pros: I love that our team can create canned responses and shortcuts for our most common asked questions. A simple "#" and keyword let's us paste the detailed response we worked hard to craft. This tool especially comes in handy when we're responding on the go and can't toggle between emails. The integrations between LiveChat and our CRM Hubspot is pretty awesome too! No more manually tracking tickets.

Cons: Some of the mobile features are limited, like looking through the tickets and archives. Sometimes after a week of travel, it would be nice to pop-in on a mobile device and see what tickets were handled.

Lecy G.
Reservationist
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2019

"Wonderful Chat Option for our Website"

Comments: I have had a great overall experience with LiveChat. I find many benefits to having it on our site and our customers are glad to have that quick interaction readily available. I have also found chatting with LiveChat personnel useful and I have learned things from their blog posts and videos. I also like the typing test they have produced for users. I love that I can go back through archived chats and that customers can receive the transcription of their chat with us if they want.

Pros: I love that I can see where customers are located, what time it there, and what page they've been browsing. I also am pleased with the ticket function with this software. I like that I can see what guests are typing before they have sent the message so I can answer effectively and efficiently.

Cons: I'm not sure how it works exactly, but we have had issues where scammers use our chat box on inappropriate sites so I get people who come on the chat who should not be there. We now have an administrator who is watching that more carefully so it hasn't happened as often.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2019
Natalie C.
Client Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"Easy, functional, and overall- sophisticated."

Comments: I've enjoyed my experience with LiveChat for the most part. I get a bit frustrated when it logs me out automatically as I feel I can't even run to get a glass of water without getting bumped off. I've liked that it logs tickets for you so that you can get in contact with people who have reached out to you/missed your chat.

Pros: It's easy, you are able to download the app to your phone, and it looks like your conversation with the agent are personal. It doesn't look like it's a robot that is corresponding with you.

Cons: If you let the software sit idle for even a minute, it will log you out. Additionally, we've had glitches in getting accidentally logged in (when we weren't scheduled on support), or consistently getting logged out.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Joshua S.
Equipment Engineer
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2018

"Using LiveChat is a great alternative to phone calls and allows concise communication."

Pros: What I like most about this software is essentially what it offers as an alternative to other communication methods with vendors. Overall, having a live chat with a vendor is at times much easier and more convenient than making a phone call. While waiting for my other party to answer me back, I can be doing work on my PC and not have to worry about waiting on hold in line on a phone call. The communication through this software is fast and easy and does not allow for much wasted time, connections are made fast and easy.

Cons: What I like least are the aesthetics. While it is very easy and straightforward to use, for many users it may bring on the nostalgia of the late 90s chat room or messengers. Simply updating its GUI would help with this outdated messenger vibe. While the aesthetics do not affect performance, from my end they have an impact on user perception of the software. This I feel takes away from the experience of the use of this software tool which in turn lowers its quality.

• Reviewed on 05/07/2018
Mark T.
Trainer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2018

"Works Great on Wordpress"

Comments: Very good. I tried a bunch of support tools on my website and value for money vs functionality LiveChat has been the best.

Pros: It is very easy to set up on wordpress. Nice and affordable and they are constantly adding new features. I like the live chat support which helped me get everything established in the beginning. The app is great for replying on the fly when I'm out of office.

Cons: I would like to be able to reply immediately to archived contacts rather than having to create a ticket. Auto ticket creation would be great.

by LiveChat Software on 14/12/2018

Hi Mark,

Cheers,
LiveChat team

Bryan T.
Senior Editor
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2018

"Working with clients in real time through chat is infinitely better than the back and forth of email"

Comments: As I said, being able to interact with clients in real time, rather than having to wait on the back-and-forth of email is wonderful. Sometimes it is even better than being on the phone with clients as you can send them active URLs to help direct them to the right location(s) on the company website and receive feedback in real time so you can adjust your customer service accordingly and avoid potential misunderstandings that can lead to escalations otherwise.

Pros: Being able to interact with clients in real time, rather than having to wait on the back-and-forth of email is wonderful. Sometimes it is even better than being on the phone with clients as you can send them active URLs to help direct them to the right location(s) on the company website and receive feedback in real time so you can adjust your customer service accordingly and avoid potential misunderstandings that can lead to escalations otherwise.

Cons: I don't know if there is anything I actively dislike about the software, I personally haven't had any problems that I wasn't able to resolve quickly.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2018
Social Media Coordinator
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2018

"An excellent way to stay in touch with customers"

Pros: With LiveChat’s social media integration, our customers can now communicate with us and reach our support team via our Facebook page. The app also allows for them to be transferred to a different person for the appropriate resolution to their concern. It’s very convenient for everyone.
LiveChat’s customer service has never failed us. They are available at all hours of the day, every day of the week. And they are well-versed in their product and always eager to assist us for any of our needs.

Cons: The mobile app seems to basic at the moment. Our teams can only respond to chat but have to transfer to a computer for all other issues. I wish they would add more features and increase the apps functionality to make it a really outstanding experience for users.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2018
Ifeoma O.
Customer Service Representative
Banking
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2018

"It is compatible with all mobile phone screen size."

Pros: I like the user interface ,it is easy on the eyes and makes it easier for new users to understand Livechats user interface.
The pricing is reasonable for the quality being offered users of this product.
Livechat has got a great customer care team ,who are always available to assist users whenever they experience glitches when using this product.
I also like the mobile compatibility of the Livechat popup chat widget ,which works perfectly fine on every smartphone screen size.

Cons: Inability to respond to tickets opened by customers ,via the Livechat mobile app. All tickets can only be opened and responded to from the Livechat web version,which is inconveniencing whenever I need to work from home and would just like to be able to work on the move.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2018