• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5

About UKG Pro

At UKG, our purpose is people. Our love for all things HR and workforce management is matched only by our people-centered culture.

Learn more about UKG Pro

Showing 798 reviews of 801

Ashley R.
HRIS Administrator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2020

"What's not to love here?"

Comments: I've been using UltiPro for nearly 8 years now and the service is amazing. I love the people and the tenure is long at this company. I like working with the same folks sometimes as we develop a friendship. They are open to feedback and are responsive and I really like how they take their time to help you understand your request is being met.

Pros: I like the ease of use of the tool. It's user friendly and there's so much you can do in the software. UltiPro is always finding new ways of making their tool better and I love that part.

Cons: What do I like least about this is that there's not an assigned payroll specialist to a company.. Even if the option is to pay extra per year to have one. If we have a payroll person who needs help or they resign and we are left payroll person-less, it would be nice to have a designated person to assist... Only other thing I didn't like the most is that the Performance Management module isn't as customizable as I'd like... would love the option to make all items editable and the option to remove/hide certain drop downs, etc..

• Reviewed on 21/02/2020
Megan S.
HR Supervisor
Medical Devices, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2020

"If you need a new HRIS system, UltiPro should be on your list!"

Comments: We have been really happy with our experience with UltiPro. We are going on 3 years now and still are improving our processes as they continue to upgrade and make good improvements to their software. We appreciate working with our salesman, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] still even though he doesn't need to be part of the team he still stays in contact! The system is easy to use for all levels at the company and are pleased with the products they offer.

Pros: There are a few good things I like about UltiPro. I like their reporting system and having a wide-range of reports available by a click and no need to recreate a new report. They also offer reports you never thought you would use, but after using it is a great tool and resource to have! The online customer success portal is a nice feature to help you find the answer you are looking for, but also having an option to create a case and have a representative look into your question and contact you via phone or email to resolve. The app is getting better and better and our employees utilize the app the most to have their information at their fingertips. It is difficult to break something in the software, but they offer a "sandbox" where you can test out the system or different products to test it out. They also offer a lot of workflow processes to where you set up the approvals for each item or activity that is changed on an employee profile or can set it up with no approvals and changes automatically.

Cons: We are not big fans of the Learning Management Module they offer with their system. It is a 3rd party site and doesn't incorporate well with the Core side of the system. However it does work and is an option to stay within the UltiPro system. Just takes a little adjustment to get used to and work with other parties to import content.

• Reviewed on 26/05/2020
Recruiter
Publishing, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"UltiPro Review"

Comments: UltiPro is used by our entire company. People can view payroll information enroll in health benefits during open enrollment. As a member of the HR team, I use it for employment verification, salary analyis, and much more. The system helps me do my job and become a more efficient HR member.

Pros: The system is user-friendly and easy to navigate. We can also add additional features if we choose to. Great customer service and support.

Cons: I wasn't a big fan of the performance management module. The employee's had some confusion around the process. We only used it once so maybe the second time will be better.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2020
Nicole F.
HR Leader
Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Terrible product"

Comments: Poor experience. Implementation team isn’t great or knowledgeable about the proxy or HR processes, which means they can’t effectively help you get the most out of the tool. Once launched, you’ll encounter many issues and glitches and the service team provides slow responses and doesn’t always resolve things. Beyond that, the system is clunky to use and will likely slow down your HR processes and make it difficult to extra meaningful data from the system because reporting is not robust. Overall, very poor experience.

Pros: If you have limited budget and not many online processes in HR, on the surface, Ultimate may have a number of features that will help you transition from paper processes to online. There are many simple features for recruiting, payroll, core hr, training and more.

Cons: Seems to grow by bolt-on and acquisition, which means data sharing between modules isn’t seamless and features and functionality aren’t well built out. For example, the recruitment module is clunky and difficult to use - very outdated compared to other applicant tracking systems on the market. You would be better off using an external applicant tracking system that had better functionality, than to use Ultimate. Same thing for time and attendance - the user functionality and interface isn’t at all intuitive or friendly. That product looks and feels like it was built 20 years ago. Go with something else and don’t pay to use Ultimate, as it will slow things done for hiring managers, employees and HR. These types of problems are pervasive with the tool and, as a result, it may make sense to only use Ultimate for simple payroll processing and very basic core HR. Anything more and you’ll be overpaying for outdated software.

by Ultimate Software on 30/04/2019

Hi Nicole, thank you for your feedback. We're really sorry to hear you are having a less-than-stellar experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and I have shared your comments with the team to help us improve. We hope you have a wonderful day.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2019
Emily B.
HR Systems Coordinator
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Great HR Software from a Forward Thinking Company"

Comments: We have realized some streamlined payroll business practices, and within Onboarding as well. The overall experience with this software and company have been very good, with some room for improvement. But there is no business out there without room for improvement :).

Pros: The level of customization and the ability to create our own fields is highly valued. This is also an easy system to train new Admins on, and has a crisp and clean appearance.

Cons: There are some improvements needed within UltiPro, especially in Time Management. There are things that we would like improved, but the nice thing about Ultimate Software is you can submit an Idea for an improvement and vote on other ideas. Ultimate takes these Ideas seriously, and rolls out improvements quarterly.

Lee W.
HR Director
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

"Review of UltiPro HRIS"

Comments: UltiPro allowed us to eliminated many tedious and time-consuming processes, streamlining them that improved efficiency - Applicant Tracking, Onboarding, and Performance Management processes have all been greatly enhanced.

Pros: The functionality of the system overall - how each module works with each other, and the fact that I can customize it to my needs myself as we change. The ease of use and training are outstanding!

Cons: Not having the ability to have multiple company codes assigned to an employee who may be paid different rates in different company codes, but it does not impact a lot of employees and there is a work-around.

Peggy K.
Benefits Specialist
Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"The Ultimate Software"

Comments: I have started this year to use the PPACA system which is great! It reduces the manual work involved when the system does it for you. Benefits are great. Looking forward some day to upgrading that to your Prime Benefits. Your Open Enrollment looks cleaner in Prime Benefits.

Pros: This software is people-friendly, all inclusive for processes in our departments. The Support is awesome and timely. The education is outstanding with individual one-on-one, webinars, videos and updates. Communication on what's happening at Ultimate Software, what's new, updates, is ever on spot.

Cons: I'm still working on understanding the Business Intelligence. It seems complicated.

Melissa P.
Sr. Generalist
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2019

"Ultipro Review"

Comments: We've had some issues with time and attendance but overall it is doing what we need it to do: employee self service, payroll, benefits admin

Pros: We were handheld during the implementation which was great. Compared to our previous system (zuman) there is much for functionality but there are still things UltiPro doesn't have that we need.

Cons: It doesn't have a fully functioning org chart that's printable (where you can see the entire organization, not just by each manager)

• Reviewed on 25/10/2019
Jessica A.
Human Resources Business Partner
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2020

"Love Ultipro- Only issue is reporting"

Pros: Ease of use, customer service, great company! I love everything about them! Staff really go above and beyond. Have great retention tools for ongoing customers. They continue to be open to customer feedback as well.

Cons: Reporting. BI functionality is great for advanced users or companies with a designated HRIS team but if you are a small business (under 500), it can be difficult to simply get what you want quickly. Wish they had easy reporting (like SuccessFactors or ADP) and then BI for advanced users.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2020
Elizabeth G.
HR Manger
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Great mid sized HRIS system"

Comments: Overall we have been very happy with our decision to move to UltiPro

Pros: The ability to customize the system when needed. Easy to use, seems fairly user friendly.

Cons: Time and attendance tracking leaves some things to be desired, hopefully with the merger with Kronos this will be addressed in the near future. There are still some aspects of the system that do need to provide more customization.

Jeanne B.
HR Manager
Publishing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2019

"UltiPro is a great investment"

Comments: We have had a favorable overall experience with UltiPro since going live in October 2016. The support team we have now is incredibly responsive to our requests and the functions in UltiPro have improved the quality of our internal processes. When there have been issues with support, etc. UltiPro has been very quick to resolve the issue. They take client feedback very seriously.

Pros: Implementing UltiPro has allowed us to streamline many functions that were performed manually with paper documents. Internal staff transfers, promotions, salary changes, etc. are now handled within the UltiPro system (including approvals) where prior to that, paper forms had to be manually signed off by multiple managers before submitting them to HR for processing.
Our benefit enrollment process has moved from an Excel enrollment form to an online enrollment that feeds directly into the payroll system once approved.
A goal tracking system for employees has been created in UltiPro that allows employees/managers to create goals, rate them, track them with comments, and then show completion dates.
Employees may now access their personnel record in UltiPro and make updates to home address, marital status, dependent/contact info, tax withholding as well as immediate access to W-2 forms and ACA forms.
In addition, UltiPro offers an online PTO tracking system where employees can request time off and managers can immediately approve electronically.
And, of course, what I like most is the amazing reporting capabilities that UltiPro offers. Besides the hundreds of standard reports already created, I can either edit/modify current reports or create my own report.

Cons: This is rather minor, but there are functions I would like to create in UltiPro that I don't have access to do as an Administrator. I must submit them to UltiPro Support Team and some of the functions require an additional cost. It's not a lot, but it's just the principal.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2019
Jamie S.
Helpdesk Specialist
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2018

"Best HR site I have personally used"

Comments: Allows me to view all my HR information all in one location.

Pros: Been using this site now for our clocking in and out at work for 5+ years.
Very easy to use. Site has never been down, always up and works.
The site is speedy to navigate.
Allows me to easily and quickly log in and out.
Allows me to pick easily pick my insurance every year and has all the information I need on the site.
Allows me to quickly get a brief overview how many sick/personal/vacation days I have and will earn.
Can hop in and request days off very easily and then view a yearly calendar to see what I have already added in the future and the past.
We also use this for our performance reviews. Not a fan of those but the site makes it work OK.
Site times out at 30 minutes and it gives you a countdown before it gets there, so it makes it easy for me to see when to clock back in for lunch.
I can also view my paycheck stubs here.
It is very nice to have access to all of this in one location.
I also hear it integrates with AD credentials but we have not implemented that.
I have used other HR websites such as Kronos and this one is so much easier to use.

Cons: Honestly I cannot think of anything negative to say about the website. I have never had a problem with it.

by Ultimate Software on 26/07/2018

Hi Jamie, thank you so much for sharing with us. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience. We hope you have a wonderful day!

• Reviewed on 25/07/2018
Tiffany W.
HRIS Analyst
Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2019

"UltiPro - Everyone Should Use It!"

Comments: UltiPro has helped us integrate our 2000+ decentralized workforce into one HR system. We have a lot of HR users in our locations that are resistant to change, but we have been able to prove to them what Ulti can do for them and the time it can save. We use Ulti for HR, Payroll, Benefits, Open Enrollment/Life Events, Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance Management and Time and Attendance. It's great to have all of this in one system, with easily reportable data. As a decentralized workforce, we have many customizations. Ulti can handle all of them with ease. I truly can't say enough good things about the product, and the company.

Pros: UltiPro by far has the best customer service and training I've experienced (I've used ADP, Ceridian and SilkRoad products in the past). The system is user friendly and intuitive and customizable to meet our needs. In addition, the company truly cares about customer feedback - and works to implement solutions quickly. It's an all around solid HR system, with many modules that integrate to give you some great functionality and workflow.

Cons: I hate to truly list a "con" here as I know Ulti is constantly working to improve their products. I would say though that the Recruiting tool needs continuous ramping up to become a true competitive ATS system. It's working for us now, but we need more from it. The GREAT thing is that every month Ulti is rolling out new features and updates to this module. I'm confident they will continue to enhance this product and make it a great tool for us.

• Reviewed on 01/03/2019
Nathan B.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2018

"UltiPro is the primary UI that I use to access all my personal work information."

Comments: I am able to keep track of my personal work information in one convenient software and mobile app. It allows me to view my payment history, my PTO statuses and many other things. I like being able to view all this information in one easy to use software.

Pros: UltiPro is an easy to use Software that provides me with easy access to all work related information. The mobile application is great when I am on the go and need to get access to a quick piece of information. It allows me to view all my tax information as well as insurance information. It allows me to export W2 and W4 information when doing my taxes and does so in an easy way.

Cons: I would say the biggest Con for the software is the mobile app does have some missing features of that compared to the PC software. On the mobile app I am not able to access some features that normally I would be able to. Other than that I do not have many Cons for this software if anymore at all.

by Ultimate Software on 02/08/2018

Hi Nathan, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying our Mobile App! I cannot wait to share your insights with the Mobile App team - they will be thrilled! If you don't mind, would you be willing to share your mobile experience on the Mobile App Store of your choice? Further, I did see you your request for more Mobile-specific features. I just wanted to let you know that Mobile App features are determined by an organization's HR department. It's possible there are features available that you may not have access to. If there are any specific features of interest, feel free to let your HR team know! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We value your insights and hope to continue providing you with a great experience. Have a wonderful day!

• Reviewed on 29/07/2018
Erin E.
Director of HR
Law Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Reliable but missing some of the basics"

Pros: The up-time is great. Wish we had more active notification when things are down. Notifications go out a few hours after they start and usually after I've called in and been told it's a known issue.

Cons: Some ease of use items don't exist or we've been waiting a few years since they were suggested in the share ideas portal. As a couple of examples:
-A basic copy of open enrollment or life event set up was suggested at least 3 years ago. It was added to benefits prime, but not regular benefits. That's a basic feature that all of your competitors offer.
-The ability to change an email address for a new employee in onboarding has been request for multiple years as well. It still hasn't been delivered.

Anita J.
HR Specialist
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2019

"Review"

Comments: Overall, am satisfied.

Pros: Visual appeal
Rapid Response is available to assist 24/7!
Highly customizable

Cons: Quality of troubleshooting depends on the person you get first on Rapid Response or your Rollout Team, so 50% of the time, it's great, and 50% of the time it's sub-par. There is a lot that needs to be developed in the Onboarding and Recruiting Gateways. Some simple things are not available, or work in a strange way (i.e. the way someone needs to submit a background check).

• Reviewed on 01/07/2019
Recruiter
Broadcast Media, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2019

"It's okay but not the best"

Comments: The biggest benefit of UltiPro is that it is an all in one system that is used by all of HR and also used for our Payroll and Accounting departments. It is easy to be able to sort through all issues across the company through one representative. I also find it is efficient at tracking benefits such as healthcare, sick and vacation leave accruals.

Pros: The Applicant Tracking System (ATS) with UltiPro is the main feature I use in my day to day, and it's just okay. If used as directed it can be a good platform for tracking and collecting applications but unfortunately, my company does not use it properly so to me it seems lackluster for the price. The reporting functions through the core are pretty good and customizable. Overall I would say it is relatively user-friendly and only took me a few days to get navigate the system on my own. I like that you are able to set up shortcuts on your dashboard and see all your accruals on the dashboard.

Cons: My issues with UltiPro mostly stem from my company not properly using it as they should, so overall I like UltiPro. I would suggest they have an option to create tracking links so when a position is posted we can see where each applicant was directed from. Advertising efforts aren't as fruitful when we aren't able to do all the tracking right in the ATS.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2019
Danielle P.
Payroll Manager
Food & Beverages
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2015

"Want to Love, but it needs focus on system users functionality"

Pros: I like the fact that we are able to customize and build the software package to our needs. The software has some amazing functionality that work well for our business. I like the vendor because the value of the company being "people first" shows in the way they care for their employees. I think that filters down to the customers.

Cons: I would like Ultimate to finish things that need to be corrected that are known system flaws before they move on to new technology. It would be comforting to know as the system administrator that the system processed right from beginning to end before all the other "cool" features come out. Also, I wish the project focus was for system users first and then the employee user. Example, they listened to customers when we asked for the ability to change labels. That is great and the employee users are happy about that. But then they stopped the project without thinking what the system user would need. It is simple when you think about it. Everything that goes into Ulti - we have to report on. So that label project should have included those label changes in BI. Now the reports and the system will not match. Can you imagine having your payroll staff turn over and then trying to run a report based on names you don't have in system because the staff before you used the label edit feature? Nightmare.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2015
HR Generalist
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2018

"Wonderful, comprehensive system for all of your HR needs"

Comments: Efficiency and tracking personnel changes

Pros: Ultipro has the type of versatility and customization features needed for small and large companies alike. It's highly customizable so that you can use it for all of your HRIS needs. What I like most about Ultipro is the integration across multiple facets. Your employees' files are stored electronically and the permissions you give the employees allow you to use the system to track and approve changes to position, title, pay, benefits and employees can change their address and names, all electronically.

Cons: Ultipro's customer service is probably the worst feature as getting anything changed or having to troubleshoot issues can take more time than you have, especially within a large corporation.

by Ultimate Software on 24/04/2018

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our unified HCM. I do see you have some concerns and just wanted to let you know I have shared them with the team to help us improve. If you have any additional insights you would like to provide, feel free to reach out to [email protected] I hope you have a wonderful day!

• Reviewed on 19/03/2018
Recreation Coordinator
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"So much capability, so hard to navigate!"

Comments: Overall, if you are only looking for basic information as an employee its easy; find paychecks, find personal info, etc. As a long-term solution, unless you do a great job of training and modifying the tools and menus, its easy to get lost; both because of the interface is not clean and it has too many options.

Pros: Ultipro has a ton of options of what is available to you; I've seen it now in two different companies. In both scenarios, the capabilities of the software were not utilized to their fullest extent. It looks as if Ultipro can do far more than either used it for. The load times and menus for initially finding information are fast to navigate. Information on different pages is presented clear as well. PDFs and other files generated by the system load fast.

Cons: The presentation of the material, menus, hotlinks, etc. is unwieldy and jumbled. It is hard to sort through all of the pages past initial launch ones. Drop down menus, if you move your mouse off of them, disappear; in 2019 that doesn't make sense. The ease of use is definitely missing. As mentioned, too, I've seen it in two scenarios, one with a company of 2000+ and one with around 200 employees. All of the features are not used and yet you can still open up menus and pages that do not have relevant information; if thats the system, it needs to be fixed, if its the user/moderator of the business, they need to be encouraged to get rid of it from the systems administrator from Ultipro. Just not an easy and clean tool to use. The Time Clock tool as an employee is very difficult to use, too; multiple pages/clicks to get to basic information is overkill. Even then, it has a very mid-range power user feel to it... if you don't know what you're doing you may break it!

• Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Glenn G.
Senior HRIS
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2018

"10+ years of success"

Pros: We have been using Ultipro successfully in cloud for over 12 years.
-We recently started using onboarding and conditional workflow approvals and have been able to go almost 100% paperless.
-We have been able to leverage Employee Self Service(via SSO) and modules such Open Enrollment and Life Event to streamline employee benefit elections
-Cognos Analytics, is an extremely powerful business intelligence reporting tool that allows us to schedule reports, burst information and set alerts
-We were able to use Ultipro's auto-population feature to generate 1095's for ACA Compliance

Cons: -You have a dedicated support rep, but when needed the quality of the Rapid Response support channel can be hit or miss
-As a client who has been Ultimate Software for many years, we had to customize a lot to achieve what we wanted, but as new releases come out many of these customs are no longer necessary. Unfortunately, unwinding some of these customs to replace with new core functionality can be a challenge

• Reviewed on 02/04/2018
Carolyn J.
Sr. Human Resources Manager
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2019

"UltiPro- is it right for you."

Comments: Our organization's primary focus in HR is reducing turnover and we use the bsuiness analytics for our Turnover HR reports. This report has been crucial to identifying departments/teams that are seeing trends of influx in turnover. When identified in these reports we partner with these teams share the info with the leaders and are able to turnaround the turnover in that area we are experiencing. We also use these reports for our Affirmative Action and it has saved a lot of time being able to save these report templates to use them annually to report out on.

Pros: I like the tasks red start at the top right of your screen as a shortcut to go to my tasks that are waiting instead of going into each individual employee profile. It has nice features to save you time, such as when I am assigning distribution of performance reviews I can select multiple employees instead of re-filling out and distributing the form to each individual employee.

Cons: Learning how to set filters to get the end result of the reports in Business Analytics is complex. Many filters are labeled similar so it is hard determine which one you need.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2019
Technician, Stagehand
Entertainment, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2019

"Ultipro is great for your jobs health benefits and work related topics"

Comments: My experience with UltiPro has always been great for the 4 1/2 years I've been with PSAV (Presentation Services Audio Visual). The old way we used to ask off for days from work was writing it on paper and then submitting to your Director of Operations. Now you just log in to UltiPro and go to scheduling, and then click on time off request and submit. It is so much easier than how we had to do it 4 years ago before they introduced UltiPro to our intranet websites.

Pros: It is very easy to navigate when you're searching for some info on your health benefits, and looking for other higher up employees if you have issues you need to report such as conflicts with other employees. It list everyone above you without having to ask your manager for email addresses from say the person who handles HR issues.

Cons: Nothing I have always found it easy to navigate and if you can't figure something out say for instance logging into some of our companies intranet websites for training and other purposes it has a step by step solution for anything you can think of company related.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2019
Natalie N.
Sr HRMS Analyst
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

"Fantastic all-in-one software"

Comments: We have reduced paper and gained many efficiencies from reducing manual processes, overall.

Pros: User friendly, customer support, learning resources

Cons: The compensation module is clunky and so is the time management. We have work arounds but sometimes there is more work involved since they cannot be fully configured to what we need.

RPA Developer
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2018

"Ultipro provides consistent, easy to use HR services"

Comments: I've been on both the end user and HR setup sides of UltiPro, so I have multiple opinions on it. For the most part, I can see how HR and management likes it. UltiPro cuts down on a lot of manual lookup and integrates many tools and features into one package. And if you're an employee who really only uses it for time&attendance, then it's not really a big change. For the most part, I like using UltiPro and it's a solid HR MS that helps me manage my team in a more concise manner.

Pros: It's nice to be able to view an employee's information via a report. I recognize that you won't be able to gather all the info but having a consolidated PDF generated makes some of my duties a bit easier to begin with. I also really like the modules that accompanies UltiPro. We've used the main modules such as Payroll and Attendance, but it's nice to have things like Recruitment and Workforce Analytics as well. As an aside, I think that UltiPro has pretty strong online customer support. I've almost always found a resolution within a business day or so.

Cons: It can seem a bit... redundant at time. I feel like some features that I have to go through should have already been expressed to another person, and I shouldn't have to input them again. For example, the time-sheet feature feels like it can be incorporated to add minute schedule changes and unexpected TO off a bit better. Also, some of my team says it's a bit tricky for them to find pay-stubs or that it might be delayed in showing up, but I've personally never had that happen.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2018