Constant Contact Reviews

4.3 (2,354) Write a Review!

About Constant Contact

We deliver the tools to simplify and amplify digital marketing and drive results for your business.

Learn more about Constant Contact

Pros:

It also offers some excellent graphics solutions and allows you to configure your emails to also be mobile friendly.

Cons:

Email editor shortcomings: no way to create reusable items to be used across emails; hard to get to html when editor features are insufficient or inaccurate.

Constant Contact ratings

4.3
4.2
4.2
4.1

7.8/10

Constant Contact has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 2,354 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Constant Contact before?

Filter reviews (2,355)

Adriana
Adriana
CEO in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Best option to email marketing

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I tried a lot of platforms, but connstant contact is the best, I could customize my messages and get a good analytics about everything and is so good for my business

Cons:

Constant contact offer to me the best option to send mesaages to my clients, I don't have anything against

Stacey Van
Social Media Manager in US
Airlines/Aviation, 1,001-5,000 Employees

An Extremely User-Friendly Email Marketing Platform: Constant Contact

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, I found Constant Contact to be a great platform for sending out emails. It was easy to use, with plenty of helpful features such as analytics and segmentation. The only downside was that the templates could look a bit dated.

Pros:

Constant Contact is an incredibly user-friendly email marketing platform that helps you create and send professional-looking emails quickly and easily. The platform also features comprehensive analytics, tracking, and segmentation capabilities, so you can effectively measure and monitor the success of your campaigns.

Cons:

While Constant Contact is a great platform, there are some limitations. For example, it doesn't have the same level of customization options as some other platforms, and its templates can look a bit dated.

Web Designer & Developer in Canada
Design, 11-50 Employees

Helping out clients post their emails to their subscribers

3.0 last month New

Comments: Overall the experience is satisfactory, There are better solutions out there, but this is the software the client wants us to use.

Pros:

The ease of editing and that it shows us where the old posts are archived etc

Cons:

I don't like the UI of Constant contact ,

Roldan
Roldan
Senior Web Designer/Developer in Philippines
Design, 11-50 Employees

Constant improvements for Constant Contact!

Comments: Pricing might be competitive, but as a developer, it's not quite a nice experience integrating the email client. Specially when you are a developer trying to integrate it to your website. More in particular Elementor Pro integration. Hoping they already have reconciled this issue.

Pros:

Just like any other email marketing tool, they can do the job. No complaints. Email creation for fast email campaign is a breeze. Templates are as well handfuls to choose from. Drag and drop features as well. And it seems that they have much more responsive email system compared to other clients. Besides, you can use there service for user registration, A/B Testing and surveys.

Cons:

First off, Constant Contact can do the job. No Problem. The problem comes when you deep dive into there system - technically taxing, not so user friendly interface, hard to implement branding etc... Bugs, of course. When you drag a widget, it won't appear on the canvass. Exporting HTML version of the email is also a pain.

Social Media Manager in North Macedonia
Design, 2-10 Employees

Excellent Experience With Constant Contact!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, I have had a great experience with Constant Contact. It is the perfect solution for managing my email marketing campaigns, and I have been able to get great results with the software. Customer service has been excellent, and I would definitely recommend Constant Contact to others.

Pros:

Constant Contact is a great tool for those looking to manage their email marketing campaigns. The software is easy to use and provides lots of features to help make the process of designing and sending emails a breeze. The customer service is also top-notch and always available to answer any questions or concerns I may have.

Cons:

While Constant Contact is a great tool, I have noticed that the prices can be a bit on the high side. Some of the features are quite costly, and I feel like I am paying for services that I may not always need.

Ali
Listing Coordinator in US
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Email marketing made easy

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, Constant Contact makes email marketing more efficient and professional for my team.

Pros:

I like that you can easily assemble a professional email campaign. You can even trigger events based on interaction with the campaigns.

Cons:

The inability to merge old accounts is a drawback.

Carlos
Reservations Manager Assistant in Mexico
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

A good and reliable old-friend

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Constant Contact is a very reliable tool. It works great, and it is a valuable tool for all businesses.

Pros:

Constant Contact is a very good and recommendable tool for all businesses. It offers all that you need for your communication strategy. With a lot of experience in the market, Constant Contact has mastered the creation of eye-catching email campaigns, that can be easily sent to different audience lists. You can also manage your contacts database, generate new leads, and convert them into real clients by creating following-up email sequences.

Cons:

The email builder needs some improvements and many features may need an update. Design tools are very limited.

Ben
Ben
Instructor in Journalism in US
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Price increases mar quality product

4.0 last month New

Comments: Managing distribution of email newsletter for newspaper

Pros:

Constant Contact goes above and beyond the minimum expected of an email management software to not only ensure messages are delivered timely and effectively, but that creation tools and list management tools are up to date and able to make for quality products.

Cons:

After a rate increase, we now currently are in a position where there is no price difference between base and premium tiers, which feels unhelpful when we do not need nor did we request the additional features. There is also a significant gap in the analytics we would want in a pro-tier email marketing service.

Jacob
Jacob
Creative Director in US

A solid choice for email marketing

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The email builder is intuitive, almost anyone on our team can make great looking emails with little effort. The ability to wrap your clients accounts underneath yours as an agency is fantastic and helps us cut down on having to log into so many client accounts.

Cons:

We have not run into many issues with this software. Although it should be said that our agency mostly uses this for monthly email newsletters for our clients, so we have not used the more advanced features of the software extensively.

Jean François
Jean François
Constant Contact, manage your life connected in Gabon
Capital Markets, 2-10 Employees

They should've grandfathered me into the old price

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like the quality of the reports which facilitates a better integration of the data, so we can make adjustments.

Cons:

The only drawback I have encountered with this tool is the customer support. I had a problem with a mail increase that I had to pay, while looking for explanations, what was explained to me was not very clear

Michelle
Development Officer in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Ease of use for Small Shop

Comments: The team was great in getting us set up as non-profit with reduced pricing. Using their analytic tools for our website and social media has been an added benefit for us.

Pros:

Constant Contact is easy to learn, use and gather reports. The functionality is great and helps eliminate duplicating work. We love the ability to drop in a you tube video, conduct surveys and gather RSVPs.

Cons:

Only frustrating part is being signed out of account, but still being able to make changes. You don't know that your time has expired until you go to save the changes.

Director of Communications and Marketing in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Clean, responsive design and intuitive list management

Comments: Customer service has always been helpful, especially when trying to figure out why specific customers are not receiving messages. There is strong automation capability, but we haven't utilized it to its potential.

Pros:

Responsive design and ability to create multiple, clean, attractive templates with varying brand elements. Simple, intuitive drag-and-drop interface. List management is user-friendly and customizable.

Cons:

Formatting of text styles is clunky and time consuming. There is the ability to apply headline and body text styles to some elements, but it is not intuitive at all. Management of bounced/suspended email addresses is not intuitive or informative.

Andrea
Senior Program Assistant in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Don’t sleep on Constant Contact!!!!

Comments: We love Constant Contact! The decision to switch to CC last year was the best decision that we made all year! It’s made our lives so much easier and we are definitely reaching more people!

Pros:

Ease of use Beautifully organized with list/ calendar views, folders, and list management attributes Automated social media and email scheduling Campaign management Landing pages Forms Lead Ads Reporting both original and resends in detail with drill downs so that you can see who exactly clicked!

Cons:

There is some room for improvement in the ability to tag other pages in the social media posting section. When I post, I have to leave the site to find the social handles of the people/businesses that I’m trying to tag. If it could auto populate like it does in the social media sites that would be amazing! More lead ad options other than just Facebook. Integrate with AirTable!

Hylda
Business Manager in US
Publishing, 2-10 Employees

Reliable but a Little Costly

Comments: Overall, Constant Contact is a reliable.

Pros:

We send out weekly newsletters, so I like that I can just copy the previous week's and change out the content, which saves a tremendous amount of time.

Cons:

The app still seems somewhat limited in terms for text formatting and the custom HTML code feature isn't or doesn't seem to be available to us anymore.

Adam
IT Operations Specialist in US
Media Production, 11-50 Employees

Get up and running easily

Comments: Overall, I like their niche. They are not trying to be something they are not and they have made huge improvements over the years to the GUI Interface.

Pros:

The ease of making a custom email was exactly what we were looking for. We send out a Holiday greeting each year (we buy 2 months worth of CC every year). Once we have made a solid contacts.csv file the rest is really drag and drop. Also, a CC representative threw in a sample email that looks like our website...it was pretty neat, but not Holiday appropriate. Overall, our Holiday email goes out without a hitch and we get some nice reporting on the back-end that helps us for next year.

Cons:

My only pet-peeve is if you want to cancel the subscription, you have to go through a sales rep. Slightly annoying in our case. However, all the reps were friendly and low pressure. We were able to cancel in one phone call.

Marketing specialist in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Constant Contact Review 2022.

Comments: As a small business owner, I wear a lot of hats. I'm responsible for everything from customer service to product development, and that can make it hard to find time for marketing. That's where Constant Contact comes in. Their platform makes it easy to create beautiful emails and track their performance. I can see who's opening my emails and clicking on my links, and that helps me to adjust my strategy on the fly. Plus, their live chat support is always there to help me when I need it. Thanks to Constant Contact, I'm able to connect with my customers and grow my business - without spending all of my time on marketing.

Pros:

Constant Contact is one of the most popular email marketing platforms. It offers a wide range of features and is very user-friendly. I have been using Constant Contact for a few months now and I am very happy with it. Here are some of the pros: 1) It is very easy to use; even someone with no technical skills can easily create beautiful emails. 2) It offers a lot of templates and stock images, so you can create professional-looking emails without having to hire a designer. 3) It allows you to easily segment your list, so you can send targeted emails to different groups of people. 4) It includes powerful tools for tracking email opens, clicks, and bounces, so you can see how your campaigns are performing. 5) It integrates with many third-party services, such as Salesforce and Google Analytics. Overall, I am very pleased with Constant Contact and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an email marketing platform.

Cons:

Overall, I was pleased with Constant Contact. The software is easy to use and navigate, and the email templates are attractive and customizable. I also appreciated the ability to track opens and clicks, as well as to segment my contacts into different groups. However, there are a few areas where Constant Contact could improve. First, I would like the ability to schedule emails in advance. This would be helpful for times when I know I won't be able to check my email for a few days. Second, I would like more options for automation. For example, it would be useful to be able to automatically send a follow-up email to people who didn't open my first email. Overall, Constant Contact is a good option for small businesses or individuals who want to send attractive emails with minimal hassle. However, there are a few areas where the software could be improved.

Selene
Publisher in US

Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing tool - a little pricey but worth the expense!

Comments: Overall a great product, easy to use, and functional. its minor limitations are countered by functionality, reliability, and the features it offers. The price is sometimes a turnoff when compared to other marketing email providers. CC offers easy to use templates that are almost fully customizable. Lots of extra features including campaigns, events, registrations, sign up forms etc. There are plenty of HELP menu items and tutorials. Love that there is no limit on the number of emails sent monthly. Overall a great go to product!

Pros:

As an email marketing solution, CC fits most small to medium business owners needs with plenty of easy to edit templates, branded emails, newsletters, calendars, event apps, and website integrations. Additionally, business owners can set up events and registrations via the app. The templates are easy to use with varied options and designs. For more experienced handlers, HTML is available to set up templates. Emails offer clients and recipients the opportunity to opt out or stay tuned while landing the emails in their in box rather than their spam filters . Analytics are a plus and helpful to see what works and what doesn't in an email campaign. CC also integrates social media platforms. Overall it is a great all-in-one marketing tool.

Cons:

While the software is generally easy to use, it is not intuitive and does on occasion produce glitchy results from missing images to random changes in text, font, and email structure. I do like the tiered pricing structure, although find CC to be far more expensive than their competitors. One of my biggest complaints is the placement of images - it doesn't really allow flexibility in design - if you are ok with their more cookie cutter template designs then its a 5 star - but the ability to place images becomes tedious and reduces the functionality. Overall the program is a go and worth the expense even if the image placement issues are annoying.

Erica
Director in US
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

It keeps getting better!

Comments: Constant Contact is the standard for email marketing, and you can see why! It allows you to quickly upload your email contacts and create professional email marketing. We've been able to see how many people open each of our email campaigns, and which campaigns are most successful, making future marketing more targeted.

Pros:

Love the ease of use - whether you want to send a quick email using a premade template, or customize every part of your message, Constant Contact gives you the tools. It's easy to find what you need, and you don't need to know anything about pixel size or the HTML color codes to create professional emails. Constant Contact just introduced A/B testing, so you can better gauge the headings and send times that get your audience to open the emails. Constant Contact is a very solid platform - I've yet to see any service outages, or experience any features that feel buggy, unstable, or like they're still in beta testing. If you have access to a feature on Constant Contact, you know that it will work.

Cons:

It's difficult to manage old campaigns. Want to see what your message was last time, what template you used, or how long ago you sent an email to a particular group? Good luck - you'll be scrolling through pages of old campaigns by hand. At this time, you can't run reports to compare the percentage of opens/click-throughs per recipient group, or to compare how various keywords or send-times compare. To really analyze your marketing approach, you'll have to extract this data by hand. Some of the updates (i.e. A/B testing, custom template options) have been available to users of free competitor services for years. It would be nice to see Constant Contact take a more proactive approach to innovation and updates.

Sonia Del Valle
Sonia Del Valle
Analista de Datos in Venezuela
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees

The best way to promote your company by email is with Constant Contact

Comments: Constant Contact has been very helpful for our company, it is an excellent marketing tool that has allowed us to increase our customers and sales significantly.
It is a very complete and effective system but at the same time a little expensive if you have many contacts, but I think it is worth the investment.

Pros:

Constant Contact has many features and functionalities that allow us to effectively promote any product, business or company. It's easy to start creating email marketing campaigns with Constant Contact. It is intuitive and easy to use, its interface is simple and allows us to adapt easily to your work environment. You can create effective campaigns with a pleasant and innovative visual style since the system has a large number of templates that we can customize and adapt to any type of campaign, there are many different designs that we can choose from. Constant Contact will allow us to direct our campaigns to one or more contact lists that we have since we can segment our contacts very easily, simply creating different lists for each group of contacts that we need We can perform an analysis on the campaigns sent through the option of reports, being able to quickly verify the percentages of opening, clicks, rebounds and unsubscriptions and thus we can be improving the effectiveness of our campaigns   Constant Contact allows integration with other systems such as Shopify, Wordpress, BigCommerce, facebook and others.

Cons:

I think your support staff are not so good, when we call support it is difficult to find an operator that speaks Spanish and we lose a lot of time on the call, I also think that Constant Contact is a bit expensive system.

Jeff
Business Manager in US
Broadcast Media, 501-1,000 Employees

A nimble framework with solid variety

Comments: Over all, it satisfies with tons of options and features. It's been around for quite a while so it has maturity. I like that, because it's less likely to drop off the grid and force me to learn a different application. With the savings of a few home-made cappuccinos instead spending at the coffee stand, you can easily afford this!

Pros:

Constant Contact has a smooth feel and almost always gives back more than I put into it. It's simple, solid, and scores big with me in mass management of details, as well as private and public listings. From crafting a simple update, to publishing an intricate periodical, it does the trick. The better your skills in composition and design, the better this suite will engage your craft. If you're not really into complex "back end" matters, like analytics, CTA, efficiency, and delivery success, that's ok. You'll still be able to feel the "pulse"; and like many things, the rest will come with time. The best part is that it grows on you over time, instead of impressing you upfront, and then disappointing. This "work-on-it-anywhere" app is chock full of tools for social marketing, surveys and campaigns, monitoring, scheduling, automation and similar workflows, to design, custom templates, storage, libraries, and hosting, etc. However, don't ease up on your final proof, because that's where I make the "best" mistakes! The more polished it is, the more embarrassing that typo will be! Constant Contact is a multi-level mobile tool, with plans that meet well.

Cons:

While I don't always anticipate maintenance down-times, a more diverse notification system of maintenance times would be nice. I also believe a "pay-per-use" option for a reasonable time-frame would be great for businesses with less predictable budgets, trying to get off the ground. Also, sometimes design tools aren't as pliable as I'd like sometimes (I'm a so-so perfectionist). But for the price, that's ok!

Karen
Karen
Director of Communications in US
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees

The industry leader that I WANT to love

Comments: Their pricing is competitive for organizations with 10,000 or more contacts. But at the end of the day, the sweet spot of Constant Contact is basic communication, not marketing. Mobile-first responsive designs and customizable automation sequences should be a given for an industry leader known as the original pioneer of email marketing. Unfortunately, I can pick out a Constant Contact email in my inbox at a glance — and not just because of the requisite CC branding at the bottom. The look is less than elegant and does little to strengthen a company's brand.

Pros:

It's easy to create opt-in lists and sign-up forms. There are lots of templates available to choose from, plus survey functionality and integrations with social media.

Cons:

The email template designs are less than sophisticated. Many don't look good when read on a mobile device, which — thank you, Constant Contact analytics! — more than 55% of our recipients use to open their emails. The drag-and-drop interface has more limited functionality than other email providers I've tried. Design customization options are limited without knowing advanced CSS and HTML coding. In addition, automation sequences are limited to basic autoresponders. They are challenging to set up, and there are no "if/then" logic options for sending automated messages.

Eleni
Marketing Director in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great email platform for design and contacts

Comments: Overall this is a great platform to use if you want something that's a one step up from mailchimp. Anyone considering using this platform would need to have a bit of experience using emails but there are a lot of guides and help available to help build effective and nicely laid out emails. There's lots of options for email designs, ability to upload images and media as well as segment.

Pros:

This email platform is super easy to use for those who are used to email but who don't have their own coded templates to use. The email build is a drag and drop function and you can alter the layout and block sizes really easily. The reporting is really easy to access, review and download so you can see what content is and isn't working as well as see who your most/least engaged audiences are. In terms of contacts, this platform uses both lists and tags for you to segment your audiences which is really handy (however I wouldn't have too many lists to avoid confusion). The ability to resend emails to non-openers is a great added benefit that most platforms don't offer.

Cons:

Mass unsubscribing contacts has been woefully overlooked on this platform and really needs overhauling. If you only need to unsubscribe a couple that's fine, but if you need to do it for a lot of contacts, you need to segment based on engagement, download and then re-upload to the unsubscribed list which is time consuming. You can't select all contacts and then click 'unsubscribe' as an action.

Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

A truly great marketing email platform

Comments: On the whole, I find Constant Contact to be the best email marketing platform for the money. The feature set is very rich and while it can be a bit more complex than competitors like MailChimp, it is the best-in-class solution for those needing broad control over their email content and easy delivery.

Pros:

Constant Contact is an easy to use bulk email online service. You have several templates to choose from and all of them are customizable. Designing everything from an invitation to a complex newsletter can usually be achieved within just a few minutes. Tracking email opens, clicks, and other metrics is equally simple. Getting basic business intelligence about trends in email activity is also easily accomplished. Customer service is fantastic. We have had everyone of our cases resolved quickly and easily.

Cons:

Constant Contact can be a little fastidious about unsubscribers and spam reports. The customer has very little control once a recipient has either unsubscribed or reported spam. They can’t be emailed again. Even if you are able to reach the customer and convince them to resume service or the customer made a mistake, it can be very difficult to re-enable their service. Exporting your data is simple, however, Constant Contact itself doesn’t allow much in terms of integration with other software’s. It’s all export/import. There are a number of developers that produce plug-ins for individual programs, but they don’t always work properly. You take your own risks with those.

Sebastian
Owner in Uruguay
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Constant Contact Pros and Cons

Comments: It's an amazing marketing tool! From texts to emails Constant Contact allows you to stay in touch with your customers and also to bring quality traffic to your business. Our marketing department loves this software and uses daily.

Pros:

The ability to integrate social media channels and the high delivery rates make this software worth it.

Cons:

High priced after 500 people price skyrockets also the customizable automation can be limited a bit and for the prices I would expect a larger variety of templates.

Noemi
Marketing Strategist in Canada

A good email marketing platform for begginers!

Comments: The overall experience is great. If you are a big company, I will choose a different option so you can have more features to play with. If you are starting in this world, this could be an easy and intuitive option for your business. It gets the job done, but there is room for improvement.

Pros:

Constant Contact is easy to use and makes it easy to start if you are a beginner.It offers different services inside the platform, such as email marketing campaigns, landing pages, or e-commerce. These services are quite limited, but as I mentioned, it is perfect to start your business. Constant Contact offers good customer service, which I find really important. The Email Marketing is easy to navigate and has many different templates to choose from. It is basic and easy to use.

Cons:

I have used this software for over a year, and the overall experience is great. However, there are a lot of features that could be improved. Email Marketing: the templates they offer can be edited, but they have a lot of limitations. For example, there is no option to add text on top of an image unless you use the picture they are offering. When selecting blocks or layouts, there is not a huge selection. Integrations: they offer just a few software options to integrate your business. As well as just a few social media platforms to schedule your posts. In general, the options are very limited. I would love to see some changes to give the customer more playability.