• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.7 /5

About iContact

iContact's powerful and easy-to-use email marketing software will have you sending high-performing emails in no time.

Learn more about iContact

Trevor K.
Art Director

"A Solid Email Platform"

Comments: I get the ability to reach my customers and turn them into return customers week after week and year after year.

Pros: iContact is easy to use in most cases. There are tons of different templates and creating your own email template is a breeze. If you get one of the Pro plans they'll even help you make templates for future use, so that's great, too. There are plenty of ways to upload data and keep track of that data. In fact I tend to use iContact to export my data for use on other platforms because it keeps everything so nicely. My point of sale doesn't even allow the breadth of exports and options that iContact does, so it's more than just an email platform to me. Automation is visually very simple and means that I know I'm reaching my audience at the correct times. I no longer have to manually send each email, and with the automation there are tons of options to segment in addition. This means I'm not sending frivolous emails, so that keeps our open rate high.

Cons: I have three businesses that have to be kept separate and my only big complaint is that I can't copy automation plans or other things back and forth between them. So a lot of time is wasted redoing certain campaigns between the locations. I also think the social connectivity needs to be updated. Twitter for one is outdated and the actual website allows much more text to be posted than in-app. They're several updates behind on Twitter.

by iContact on 19/03/2018

Hi Trevor! We are thrilled to hear that iContact¿s design services and automation tools make your job easier and your emails more impactful with your customers. At iContact we value being your one stop shop for your email marketing needs. We also appreciate your feedback about copying your automation plans from one platform to another. We¿ve noted this feature and completely understand how it would be helpful. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Diane R.
National Sales & Project Managr
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2020

"Excellent for third party management of accounts"

Comments: Customer service is great. I've had four different account managers and all of them have been excellent.

Pros: . I have multiple clients that I do emailing for. I'm able to set up accounts for each one of my clients and keep their information separate. They get their own usernames and passwords and can access statistics while I can manage each accounts list, email design/layout and track and compare results.

Cons: The costs associated with every little add on feature. You often have to buy entire packages to take advantage of a single feature. I would prefer to be able to buy those feature "ala carte".

by iContact on 19/11/2020

Hello Diane,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this detailed feedback for us, we greatly appreciate that you took the time.

All the best,

Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

• Reviewed on 17/11/2020
Lauren B.
Marketing Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2017

"iContact helps me be successful at my job"

Pros: iContact is a very user friendly product for anyone. My company sends thousands of emails a week and we are always very pleased with how easy it is to create an email and send it immediately. I also really enjoy the dashboard, it helps me keep track knowing what emails have been sent and what emails I have yet to send. i also appreciate that iContact technology can delete any duplicate people in a contact list. That saves me time from having to go through thousands of people making sure I don't have any duplicates. My customer support is also amazing. My iContact rep. is always so good about getting back to me when I have questions or concerns.

Cons: Sometimes when I am creating a contact list in iContact, I have several excel sheets I need to upload to that one contact list...iContact doesn't let me select multiple excel sheets to upload at once, I have to do one at a time which takes a lot of extra time for me to do. I also wish I could delete more than one contact list at once. On the "upload contact" box, I want to be able to see the whole title of my contact list. Sometimes iContact cuts off my list title if it's too long, I would like to see the whole title...

by iContact on 19/03/2018

Hi Lauren! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Our support team loves helping companies like HireLive who make such a tremendous positive impact. As for the concerns you raised about list uploading, we are taking all product improvement comments very seriously and are working to continually improve our product. We currently do allow you to have 5 concurrent uploads at any given time, but you must start the uploads one at a time. And you are correct, we cannot upload multiple sheets from one excel file. We have noted this potential feature, along with multiple list deletion, and title expansion ¿ and we realize its importance. Thank you again and have a great day!

Alyssa D.
Press Secretary
Government Relations, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"Very few features to really make emails stand out. I can't always design it how I want to."

Comments: Gets the job done.

Pros: It's easy to use as long as you don't try to get creative. I also like that you can copy a previous email and use it as a template for a new email - much quicker.

Cons: Sometimes it won't send test messages, and, a few months ago the Facebook connection feature stopped working so I haven't been able to use it. Also, it's a pain to include pictures in an email. The text wrapping feature does not work. I get it looking great in the program, but as soon as I send the email or test it, it gets all messed up. Lastly, the links get corrupted if you try to copy and paste them in a lot, so that is frustrating if you have to redo all the links sometimes.

by iContact on 04/05/2018

Hi Alyssa. We're happy to hear that you are using iContact to create templates from previous emails! This is one of the fastest ways to get consistent-looking emails out to your contacts. We really appreciate your feedback regarding the issues that you have encountered. We believe that customer feedback is key in creating a better product. This has been passed along to our Product Managers so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release. Thank you so much for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns.

Karen E.
Director, Operations & Communications
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018

"iContact allows me to engage members and others to get information out fast!"

Comments: Lots of functionality in communicating with our member base as well as our broader base of contacts. Keeps us in front of those we are targeting with our information.

Pros: I like the ease of selecting all or just some contact lists for individualized messages. Formatting is easy, and you can switch seamlessly between HTML and Design mode while working on your message. Customer service has always been very responsive anytime I have had a problem or question.

Cons: The one thing I wish I could do is edit images within the document if the sizing is not quite right. If they can ever get this functionality going, it will be perfect!

by iContact on 20/04/2018

Hi Karen. Thank you for your review. We're so happy that we're meeting business needs, whether it's with our email editor, list management or even customer support. Providing an exceptional customer experience is our team's primary goal. We also appreciate the feedback around image resizing. We're constantly evolving the platform, so we will keep this feedback top of mind. Thanks for being such a loyal customer!

Freelance Copywriter & Communications
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"iContact lets businesses manage multiple mailing lists and social media accounts with relative ease."

Pros: I appreciate the ability to maintain a large number of segmented mailing lists. It's easy to view and compare engagement at a glance through open and click through rates. AB testing is easy and efficient.

Cons: Email builder can be a little restrictive, I'd prefer more freedom and flexibility.
Support are US based and support for premium users is restricted to relatively limited times for those of us based in Central Europe.
Unsure yet whether iContact are GDPR compliant/

by iContact on 04/05/2018

Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that you have been utilizing segments. This is the best way to separate out your contacts for mailings. The feature is so popular that we are working on adding even more segmentation options. We care about our customers throughout Europe, and have worked hard to ensure we will be fully GDPR complaint before the deadline. We have a dedicated team that has made this transition their first priority, and continue to work out all of the details as we speak. We hope that you continue to use iContact for years to come!

Jeff M.
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"I have used Icontact for over 7 years and Love It."

Pros: Ease of use and up time. Emails get delivered and social media integration is Great. The tracking tools give great feedback. Contact management is easy to use when adding and deleting contacts and creating groups.

Cons: Needs more created templates for quick editing and use. When it comes to contacts and subscriber counts, subscribers who have opted out is counted in total number of subscribers in the pricing of various plans. I understand that those subscribers have to be stored to block unwanted email but you shouldn't be penalized by counting them as part of the number of subscribers in your plan. Only active subscribers should be counted in that number.

by iContact on 04/05/2018

Hi Jeff. We appreciate you being a loyal customer for over 7 years! It is excellent to hear that you are getting such great feedback from our tracking tool. It is so important not only to communicate with your contacts, but to actually see how effective that communication was. Thank you for the feedback about how subscribers are counted. Hopefully we can clear up any confusion related to this number. Our standard iContact plans charge based on the number of subscribers in your account. Contacts who have opted out of your messages are still listed on your Contacts page, and even counted in your total number of contacts. However, only the contacts who can actually receive emails (subscribers) are counted for pricing purposes. Thank you so much for choosing iContact!

Nichole K.
Digital Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2017

"A great platform to engage with customers and plays a key role in any marketing strategy"

Pros: The software has come a long way from its earlier stages. The editor is VERY user friendly, but of course has its quirks just like any email software. iContact has worked the best for us, and given us the ability to create an email marketing strategy that is fine tuned to our audience and what they respond to. There is a lot of flexibility and functions that make this product easily tailored to your specific needs as a brand or business. One of our favorite things though, is the support team and specifically our own specialist that has an answer for every problem. He has gone above and beyond to make our experience as smooth and effective as possible.

Cons: As we mentioned, there are quirks with any email software. In particular there are some design/layout functionalities in the new editor that sometimes don't line up just right - or at least don't give us the full access to configure the email certain ways. But we always find an alternative way to make it work.

by iContact on 22/02/2018

Hi Nichole!

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear that you're liking the new email editor and we have so much more to come in 2018. As you mentioned, we have a fantastic support and services team who are always eager to help in any way they can, including taking any feedback on quirks or enhancement requests and passing it along to the product and development team. Please feel free to reach out to your specialist with specifics - we're always doing our best to improve based on customer feedback.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2017
Amara C.
Marketing and Communication Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"I've used iContact 8+ years. It's a great cost effective solution to keep our residents informed"

Pros: The software is easy to use and offers enough flexibility to get our messaging out to our residents.

Cons: I would like it if the search function was more robust. In addition, there are times that what I see on my screen is not how it looks when I send it to myself to Q.C. I tend to keep layouts simple to avoid this challenge.

by iContact on 17/05/2018

Hi Amara. Thank you so much for being a loyal iContact customer of over 8 years! We are glad to hear that you find the software both easy to use and flexible. Our goal is to ensure iContact is easy for new customers to pick up on, while remaining flexible enough to give our more experienced customers room to grow. We appreciate the feedback about messages looking different after they are sent. Different email providers can display the same content in their own unique ways. Ideally we would love to offer a design that remains consistent across all email platforms, and we will take your feedback into account as we work to make iContact even better!

Nicole W.
Director Of Communications and Public Affairs
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2017

"iContact has been a valuable tool for growing and improving my organization's email marketing."

Comments: It helped us take our email marketing to the next level and helps facilitate more strategic approaches to our email marketing and digital fundraising. With icontact we recently implemented a new digital fundraising program that has been highly successful.

Pros: It is quite user-friendly, allowing us to create high-quality, professional emails with strategic segmentation. Their support team is excellent. Our "Strategic Adviser" is always pushing us toward the latest industry best-practices and keeping us at the cutting edge. Their support team is also quick to respond to any challenges we have and readily offers solutions.

Cons: Sometimes it can be glitchy and the format/design that you create doesn't always comet through exactly on different email platforms. Also, it would be ideal if it offered e-commerce tracking.

by iContact on 12/03/2018

Hi Nicole! We're glad that you've found iContact so valuable for your organization! We'll be sure to let our Strategic Advisors and Support hear your kind words. And we know what you mean: Getting an email to display correctly across all platforms is a great frustration to all email marketers, which is why we are constantly testing our themes and layouts in order to minimize those glitches as much as possible. We'll also send your suggestion about e-commerce tracking to our dev team. Thanks for your response!

Digital Marketing Product Manager
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"Friendly customer service folks, quick to create emails"

Pros: Makes responsive emails quickly, once you create your basic template/style
Customer Service & Account reps are friendly
Good value
I used MailChimp elsewhere before iContact and I think iContact's pretty good. They updated the email designer this past year with a responsive drag and drop format that makes our emails easier to view on mobile devices and easier for the less digital-savvy members of the team to use.
We send a lot of emails to a lot of people and really don't pay that much to do it. Other services may offer more bells and whistles --I don't know, I haven't looked -- but for where we are now, we're satisfied.
For perspective, our usual list has <70,000 emails on it, and we send a couple times a month.

Cons: Creating list segments is tough without planning ahead
Bullets don't center with the text
Not 100% customizable, but hey, it's responsive!
Integrate social sending with Hootsuite or Nuvi (<-- wishlist item)

by iContact on 18/04/2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the drag-and-drop editor and that you're finding our customer service so helpful. We also appreciate the suggestions you mentioned and will keep them in mind as we continue to enhance our offering. Thanks for being such a loyal customer.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2018
Brynn S.
Marketing Associate
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2020

"Great for Email Marketing"

Comments: Overall, iContact is great for sending our mass emails to our guests and we will continue to use for years to come.

Pros: iContact is great for companies who need to send out mass emails to their guests and customers. It's fairly easy to learn and has a variety of different features to use.

Cons: The one main con for this software is that it loads very slow. If you are looking to draft and email, it takes about 3 minutes for the landing page to load. 3 minutes might not seem that long, but when you have to draft numerous emails, it adds up.

by iContact on 19/11/2020

Hello Brynn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it.

We will most definitely go over the items that you raised here.

All the best,

Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

• Reviewed on 23/09/2020
Alison H.
Mark. & Comm. Coor.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2018

"Customer service is nice/helpful, the platform is user friendly."

Pros: The platform is user friendly for people who aren't as versed in HTML. You're able to easily create tables/borders. The service is relatively fast. We pay for an account so we have an account manager that is able to assist us whenever we need.

Cons: Their new drag/drop platform isn't able to create any template you'd like so we have to continue using our old templates.

by iContact on 06/04/2018

Hello Alison, We're so happy to hear that you are finding the platform user friendly! Our drag and drop email editor is designed so that new users can quickly and easily create beautiful emails. I apologize that your old templates were not able to be moved over to the new editor but thank you for that feedback. It's important to know what roadblocks our customers are facing so that we can focus on preventing them in our future releases.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2018
Senior Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"Good and bad, depends on what I need to do"

Pros: For the most part, it is easy to navigate. I like that it is compatible with almost any type of HTML code.

Cons: I don't like how it's set up to tag contacts. My company never uses the feature because it's way too complicated and frustrating. The HTML designers also do an okay job of creating templates from scratch. The most recent one I received had too much coding and took me hours to add in content.

by iContact on 23/05/2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We're glad to hear that you find the system easy to navigate. Our goal is to ensure new customers can quickly learn how to use iContact, while still giving more experienced customers the flexibility and customization that they want. We are also thankful for your feedback about tagging contacts. At this time tagging is only available in our iContact Pro product, but we do plan to make this feature available to all of our accounts in the future. This has been forwarded on to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates.

Calley P.
Marketing Director
Apparel & Fashion
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2017

"Great email marketing platform and amazing customer service!"

Comments: Ability to reach our customers in a professional manner and it's super easy to use!

Pros: iContact is very user friendly and doesn't require a designer or software engineer to use. Even the most basic WYSIWYG editor will allow you to customize emails your clients will want to read. Their design services are speedy and professional. Using their premium platform includes monthly customer support calls and services. The ROI is measurable and positive for our business.

Cons: I wish we were able to integrate iContact with our shopping cart (3dcart) but it's not a friendly API. Otherwise we've been very happy with iContact.

by iContact on 12/03/2018

Thank you for reviewing iContact. We're glad to hear that you're seeing measurable ROI from engaging with our Premium Services team.  Last year, iContact Premier clients saw, on average, 41% higher open rates and 63% higher click-through rates than similar-sized clients without services ¿ while also seeing a marked improvement in deliverability and inbox placement. It pays to have the help! And we appreciate the feedback re our API - we've passed it along to our product team, and wanted to let you know that we have integration enhancements as a key component of our 2018 roadmap.

Rita R.
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2018

"Easy system, priced well, professional looking emails"

Comments: Inexpensive, ease of use, professional look to the emails

Pros: Ease of use and management of contacts, variety of email templates make creativity easy for all occasions

Cons: Lack of integration with other systems, I wish it would integrate with our pet sitting system to help us stay in sync in all our contact areas

by iContact on 10/05/2018

Hi Rita! Thank you for your great feedback about our templates. We offer a variety of pre-made templates to help inspire our customers. We are also adding new templates all the time, so feel free to let us know if there are any specific new templates you would like to see. Thank you for your feedback about integrations as well. We are currently looking into making more integrations available to our customers. We are happy to take your feedback into consideration during this process. Thanks for being our customer!

• Reviewed on 06/04/2018
Family Travel Advisor
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2018

"IContact makes it easy to manage subscribers and create emails. Support team is very helpful."

Pros: Multiple email templates. Easy to set up automated workflows and new campaigns. List segmenting. Social media integration

Cons: Can't be integrated with PPC. Lacking some basic capabilities overall. Image upload quality isn't great.

by iContact on 06/04/2018

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback!

It sounds like you are signed up for one of our iContact Pro accounts. We are happy to hear that you're easily able to set up automated workflows. We like this feature so much that we are bringing automation to our iContact accounts as well!

We are always looking for new ways to improve our product, and we would love to hear some of your ideas. Please let our helpful support team know what capabilities you would like to see incorporated, so that we can ensure they are taken into account while we plan future releases.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2018
Gina Z.
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2018

"Great emails & great service"

Comments: Easy to use, great services, great customer service

Pros: The design team and the ease of designing an email blast is great. You can make a design template in a matter of minutes, and if you need something fancy, you contact the design team and they will do it for you!

Cons: I have never had any issues with this software and have nothing negative to say. Great software that I continue to use!

by iContact on 23/04/2018

Gina, thank you for being such a loyal customer and for taking the time to leave such a positive review. The team is excited to hear that you're seeing so much value with the easy-to-use interface, as well as with the on-call design team (when needed). We value your feedback, so please feel free to reach out anytime with questions or suggestions. Thanks!

• Reviewed on 20/12/2017

"We have had an excellent experience with iContact"

Comments: The helped greatly with our list hygiene.

Pros: The personal representatives are really good and have really helped us a lot. The meetings are very informative and were come away with good tips on which to follow up.

Cons: The costs of this software is very high for us. Unfortunately we do not have a great engagement rate so this is an out of pocket cost that does not earn as much as we spend.

by iContact on 12/03/2018

Thanks for reviewing iContact. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your calls with your strategist. And our dedication to maintaining the industry's best deliverability rate means that we're always helping our customers maintain great list hygiene - it's a key ingredient to effective email marketing. It sounds like there is room to either grow your list or explore other strategies to generate additional ROI, and we look forward to supporting you in your efforts. We've also found that there are often a wide range of benefits from email marketing which sometimes don't show up in directly attributable ROI: brand health, retention of customers, the lift on direct traffic to your website after email sends, and the ability to continuously test and refine messages that impact the rest of your marketing.

Marketing Communications Specialist
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

"Easy and Efficient"

Pros: The user experience is very easy to use. I also like the selection of templates (They are very current to industry standards)

Cons: When creating your own HTML code, sometimes there are glitches ( specifically in column adjustments, and embedding special commands) .

by iContact on 14/05/2018

We appreciate your review! We are excited to hear that you are enjoying the selection and ease of use of our templates. Our goal was to provide our customers with inspiration, and a quick way to get started creating messages. Thank you for your feedback about glitches when creating your own HTML. This information is being shared with our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates. Thank you for being a long time customer!

Vickie I.
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"I have used numerous e-mail marketing software products but always come back to iContact."

Pros: The software is intuitive, easy to navigate, and the learning curve is minimal. The dashboard is insightful and the remarketing features very helpful.

Cons: The limited stock photos to choose from, limited image file size to upload, and limited modern templates to choose from.

by iContact on 23/05/2018

Hi Vickie. Thank you for continuing to come back to iContact over other email marketing platforms! We value our customers, and are happy to hear that you have found the learning curve to be minimal. We also appreciate your feedback regarding stock photos. We are working on adding more stock photos to the file library for use in messages. Hopefully this will help give you the variety that you are looking for.

Ebony B.
Marekting & Communication Associate
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

"Simple. Customizable. Supportive."

Comments: iContact has helped up get consistent branding across the organization. We have several different departments that have been accustomed to sending out their own thing. Now we have one brand, one voice. We will have data on volunteers versus donors versus program recipients and be able to make better decisions about what content to appeals to different segments.

Pros: iContact has made this entire process easy for our organization. As we move to a more focused content marketing plan, we saw the need to transition from a free service to one with more support and tools. As a non-profit, budget is always a challenge but our Strategic Advisor has made sure that we get the most bang for our buck!

Cons: I wish that I had more time to set up drip campaigns prior to purchase. You really need to have content ready to go before seeing iContact work to its full potential. Also I wish there was slightly more options to customize email layouts. Some of ours get tricky, but the support team is always there to help!

by iContact on 19/03/2018

Thanks for the comments, Ebony. We love helping nonprofits with their email marketing. Sounds like using iContact has really gotten everyone on the same page, and list segmentation has allowed for more personalization¿that¿s great. We¿ll be sure to let your Strategic Advisor know that her guidance is appreciated; next time, ask her for any tricks she may know to speed up your email creation. Take care!

Dave P.
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2018

"Simple to use, solid performance."

Pros: It's reliable. Easy to use website that works every time for our demanding schedule. Emails are delivered on time to the lists we need.

Cons: The site appears to be sluggish at times. Navigating past emails can be cumbersome as the only way to track back is linearly.

by iContact on 18/04/2018

Hi Dave. We really appreciate your feedback. We're also happy that you're finding our platform reliable and easy to use. Our team takes a lot of pride in providing users with the best experience possible. Also, thank you for the feedback around load times and navigation. As we continue to evolve our offering, we will definitely take your comments into consideration. Thanks for being such a loyal customer.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2018
Sandra H.
Customer Engagement
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018

"Love iContact. Their Strategic Advisors are super responsive, helpful and understanding."

Pros: I love the clean look of the dashboard. Like the send list as it helps me see at a glance what I've sent the last several months.

Cons: This is not a huge issue now but it freaked me out when I first began using iContact. When uploading a list of about 300K customers, iContact kicked me out (and contines to do it). I typically x out and start over again. I know this happens and don't worry too much about it now, but for newer customers, it might be a frustration, (and yes, it was in CSV format). Don't worry about it now because it seems to be on your end. :)

by iContact on 23/04/2018

Thanks, Sandra. It's great to hear that our Strategic Advisors have been so responsive and helpful. We're also glad that you're enjoying using the dashboard. You'll be excited to learn we'll be adding even more features to it in the near future. We also appreciate your feedback around the list upload experience. We're always trying to enhance the user experience, so we'll keep this in mind as we continue to evolve the platform. Thanks for being such a loyal customer!