• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.6 /5

About iContact

Our easy-to-use platform provides you with the tools to grow your business. Get iContact Free by visiting iContact.com, link in bio.

Learn more about iContact

Karen C.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2020

"Works great for us"

Comments: We've had to contact support a couple of times and they have been helpful. The level we purchased isn't a comprehensive marketing solution. But we came back to it after having trouble with ClickDimensions, it actually works better.

Pros: When I want to send out an email, I go into my list of prior emails, make changes, and send. It's very easy. It has all of the functionality we need for sending out bulk emails.

Cons: The editor is a bit clunky. It does take a bit of time to create a new email format. Sometimes it doesn't behave like it is supposed to. But once you save that new format you can use it over and over.

Hello Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this detailed feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it!

• Reviewed on 12/02/2020
Daniel A.
Marketing Manager
Insurance Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2021

"Great reporting and great features"

Comments: Love it. It's easy to use and the reporting options make my post-campaign job easy. In past jobs I've used Mailchimp and Constant Contact, however iContact is much better in my opinion. There are less restrictions on designing the email while still having an easy to use WYSIWYG with drag and drop functionality.

Pros: The reporting. When I need to throw stats on Power Point I just take a screen shot of the results page. It also has the ability to compare the results of multiple messages with just a couple clicks. Everything is well formatted, graphical and very informative.

Cons: Can get cluttered if you are sending a bunch of emails. We send emails on behalf of dozens of clients, often the same subject line. I'd love a way to better organize our drafts and our sent messages.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2021
Younes B.
Full Time Translator
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2020

"It really harness the power of inbox"

Comments: It's an easy to use software no doubt, their pricing is affordable. I am happy using the product.

Pros: The templates and the drag and drop editor.

Cons: The inability of applying some CSS & HTML tricks and shenanigans in their editor.

Hello Younes,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2020
Angela R.
Closing Agent
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2018

"User friendly, Customer service very helpful"

Comments: I can set up emails to go out before I go on vacation or take a day off and set up the time for them to go out. Linking our website, blog, emails to the email blast

Pros: Images easy to upload, change colors of them. Link to social media accounts. I copy and past from word and it uploads easy. Contacts- i like having different lists so I can email just that list/group

Cons: I would like to Link multiple social media accounts. Facebook linked in twitter. i would also like Pinterest and Instagram on the social sites. Maybe i can do this but i just thought of can I do a timed post to just social media? Also tagging others on social media before I send out the email. Just thoughts. other service could be sales leads

by iContact on 11/05/2018

Hi Angela. Thank you for your review! It is excellent to hear that uploading and editing images has been an easy process for you. Including that visual element in your messages can be a key factor in driving higher open rates, and we want to make it as easy as possible. We also appreciate your feedback about adding social media options such as Pinterest and Instagram, and will certainly take this into account as we plan out future releases. You can schedule social media posts using the Social tab in your account. I hope that this helps, but if you have any further questions feel free to reach back out to us! https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/en-us

Lora B.
Communications Specialist
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"Well-Equipped Email Marketing Software!"

Comments: Easy mass emailing to our whole church congregation

Pros: At our business, we appreciate the timed releases, simple platform, and easy-to-access data following an email release.

Cons: The only thing we wish there could be an improvement on is ease of design. It seems like there are some quirks where we try to change a font color and it snaps back to the original, forcing us to go into HTML mode to edit. Thankfully, it's easy to switch between "design-mode" and "HTML mode."

by iContact on 04/05/2018

Hello Laura. Thank you so much for the great feedback! It's excellent to hear that you are using our timed releases. You can set everything up ahead of time so that you are able to do other things while your messages are sending out at the time you specified. We also appreciate the feedback about quirks when trying to change a font color. We will definitely pass this along so that it can be reviewed for possible updates. One of the things that can cause this behavior is copying and pasting content from an outside source. This often brings not only the text, but also the HTML over from the outside source. The new HTML mixed with the HTML in your email can conflict causing issues like you are describing. You may want to consider pasting any outside content into a text only editor, such as Notepad, before pasting it into iContact. This way we can ensure the outside HTML has been removed. Thank you for being an iContact customer!

Rebecca R.
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2017

"iContact Helped Improve Deliverability of our Emails"

Pros: I have been working with the iContact Premier Services team to build a suppression list and implement a reengagement campaign. This is helping our emails reach the inboxes of customers and prospects that had stopped receiving our emails. The Premier Services team has been great to work with and have been so helpful with building and executing strategy.

Cons: The new email editor is a big improvement but still feels a bit clunky. I also wish there was an easier way to manage bounces - figure out why contacts are bouncing and resolve the problem.

by iContact on 20/03/2018

Thanks for the review, Rebecca! Re-engagement campaigns are an incredible way to boost your deliverability, and we¿re thrilled to hear about your success! Reaching the inbox can be a challenge but we are here to help reach as many of your contacts as possible. Regarding the new email editor, we¿re still making improvements to its functionality and addressing bugs. Thank you for your patience with this process! We¿ll have your Strategic Advisor contact you to review your bounced contacts. There are numerous reasons as to why a contact bounces and different types of bounces, so there are several strategies they could suggest. Thanks again for your time and have a great day!

Alyssa D.
Press Secretary
Government Relations, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"Very few features to really make emails stand out. I can't always design it how I want to."

Comments: Gets the job done.

Pros: It's easy to use as long as you don't try to get creative. I also like that you can copy a previous email and use it as a template for a new email - much quicker.

Cons: Sometimes it won't send test messages, and, a few months ago the Facebook connection feature stopped working so I haven't been able to use it. Also, it's a pain to include pictures in an email. The text wrapping feature does not work. I get it looking great in the program, but as soon as I send the email or test it, it gets all messed up. Lastly, the links get corrupted if you try to copy and paste them in a lot, so that is frustrating if you have to redo all the links sometimes.

by iContact on 04/05/2018

Hi Alyssa. We're happy to hear that you are using iContact to create templates from previous emails! This is one of the fastest ways to get consistent-looking emails out to your contacts. We really appreciate your feedback regarding the issues that you have encountered. We believe that customer feedback is key in creating a better product. This has been passed along to our Product Managers so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release. Thank you so much for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns.

Scott F.
Director of Technical Operations
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2018

"iContact has always provided the best services and support for bulk email marketing."

Comments: iContact allows me to create and send very engaging emails to my clients and prospective clients with anything from newsletters to sales emails. They also work very hard and closely with me to keep my emails relevant and my social media sites active.

Pros: I have a larger account and my dedicated iContact account reps are fantastic and do all sorts of things to help me grow my lists and increase my exposure to my clients. Integration with social media and many different platforms and apps is a huge plus, and their interface is plenty powerful while still being easy to use too.

Cons: They have a good number of templates available but I feel like they are too basic for normal needs, so that needs to be updated and broadened. I also would like to see their support for troubleshooting emails across different platforms and viewers extended.

by iContact on 24/05/2018

Hello Scott. We are glad that you have had such a good experience with your account managers and integrations with social media. When customers send out their messages we want to ensure they reach as many contacts as possible. Utilizing the social media integrations is a great way to accomplish that! Thank you for your feedback about adding more advanced templates. This information will be passed along to our Product Management team so that it can be taken into account as we continue to add new and improved templates.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2018
William W.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2017

"iContact has helped us an incredible amount with everything you need for email marketing!"

Comments: Our whole email marketing campaign has benefited from this causing our company to succeed. Complaints have gone done and our open rates have gone up. iContact provides great advice whether you're just starting out in e-marketing or have been doing this a long time. We're able to fine tune our emails and get valuable insight from them.

Pros: The ease of use and the amount of help/advice they're able to provide. The customer service is fantastic. With the help of our strategic advisor, we've have great success in e-marketing: lowering our compliant rate, raising our open rates, and putting out a good product that keeps people engaged! And we don't get blocked by major email service providers because our compliant rate is low. The software is easy to use and has great customization from creating your own email and lists to scheduling emails in advanced. There's also the option to integrate via their API and automatically upload leads in real time which is a great feature.

Cons: The new iContact dashboard is very nice and responsive but since it is new, you can find some bugs in the system. I'm sure this will get resolved soon so this isn't a big issue. We're always able to send our emails so that's the most important thing.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2017
Jason L.
Director, Zero.Dot.Two Initiative
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2017

"Powerful tool to send messages and manage lists. Also the iContact for Salesforce instance is great."

Pros: Lots of templates, easy to use, and very easy to train users on emails/lists/template management. I've used it in three organizations and highly recommend it for small businesses.

Cons: I'd like an add-on for basic marketing automation -- e.g. if an email is not opened after 5 days, set up a campaign to send a follow-up v if an email is opened and the transaction isn't completed, send a separate follow-up message.

by iContact on 20/03/2018

Hello Jason, Thanks so much for the review, we're thrilled to hear that iContact is working so well for you in multiple organizations and that you've had an easy time training users on our product. We have some great news for you, as part of our 2018 plan, we're working on adding several automation features. We can¿t wait to make these features available to our customers, and we hope that you will continue to give us your feedback along the way!

• Reviewed on 09/11/2017
Jessica H.
Adventure Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2018

"Very happy customer of iContact Software and your overall service. Thank you!"

Pros: I'm very happy with all the great templates and designs! The navigation has also improved a great deal. It's easy to be creative and put out a great informational product to my guests. I also appreciate the information that I can see what worked best within the email I sent, by watching open, clicks, etc.

Cons: This software is a big improvement from the previous software, so it's difficult for me to say what I like least. I don't have any complaints.

by iContact on 20/04/2018

Hi Jessica! We are always excited to hear from a very happy customer. It is great that you appreciate the reporting information you can see after your message has been sent. Knowing who is opening and clicking in your messages can really help to target your marketing efforts. Thanks for being our customer!

Social Media & Digital Promotions Coordinator
Entertainment
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2018

"Perfect Platform For Our Email Marketing Needs!"

Comments: We received a great deal of assistance and support from our Pro Strategic Advisor. She has been with us diligently every step of the way and we are very thankful for all of the help she has provided to our team! We are very fond of the workflow automation capabilities and the audience metrics. We are also looking forward to taking advantage of the Salesforce integration capabilities in the near future!

Pros: Our marketing team has been using iContact for about a year now and we are very impressed with customer support! We love the accessibility of being able to direct our inquiries to a friendly and extremely helpful rep. All of our questions are answered and resolved in a timely manner, which has made for a very smooth learning curve. We are big fans of the custom workflows, which has had a huge impact on our campaign execution and efficiency.

Cons: The templates can seem limited at first, but the more time you spend with the platform, the more apt you are to find ways customize layouts and design.

by iContact on 10/05/2018

Thank you for writing this review! It is wonderful to know that you have been so impressed with our customer support. They truly are a fantastic group of people who are dedicated to giving our customers the best experience possible. We also appreciate your feedback regarding templates seeming limited at first. Though we are happy that you have learned how to better customize templates, we will also pass this feedback along to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release.

Chris C.
Worship and Children's Pastor

"Pretty good platform!"

Comments: We are able to send mass e-mails on a tight budget.

Pros: iContact is really good at the basics. It's easy to get mass e-mails out to people, and it's a good cost on the platform. It has great customer service, a good amount of templates, and does well at spam-checking.

Cons: iContact has a decent learning curve. Be prepared to train people that are going to use it. Also, if you are running multiple lists, people count for each list. So if you have 100 subscribers subscribed to 2 different list, iContact will count it as 200 subscribers. Not a bad thing, just something to be aware of when pricing.

by iContact on 17/05/2018

Hi Chris! We are happy to see that you have been utilizing our spam check tool. This is a great way for customers to determine how likely their message is to be viewed as spam by your contacts' email provider. We also appreciate your feedback about the learning curve. Our goal is to make this curve as small as possible. In the upcoming months we plan to spend some time working with the on-boarding experience for new users to better help us accomplish this goal. Thank you so much for your feedback!

Michelle M.
Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"I use iContact every day for work."

Pros: It's easy to use! iContact eliminates duplicate recipients. I love the tracking system on my email campaigns.

Cons: I understand changes and updates are necessary but for every change iContact makes - it slows me down in my marketing campaign composing.

by iContact on 16/04/2018

Hi Michelle, We are so happy to hear that you love using our tracking system! It's so important for businesses to not only send emails to their contacts, but keep track of what happens to them after the send button has been pressed. You make a very good point, there is always a bit of a learning curve when changes are released into the system. This feedback has been noted so that we can take it into account as we work on new features going forward.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2018
Andrew B.
Assistant Dean for Communications
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2017

"I have been using iContact for about 8 years and have had a very positive experience."

Pros: I have a Pro account and really enjoy the customer service. My account manager, Peter, is very helpful and is always giving advice for approving my email campaigns.

Cons: I always want more analytics. Also, you can have separate accounts within iContact but you can't access between accounts.

by iContact on 20/03/2018

Hi Andrew! Thank you for being loyal to iContact for over 8 years! We greatly value our longtime customers. We¿ll pass along your feedback to Peter, and we¿re thrilled to hear that he adds value to your email campaigns. As for accessing accounts, perhaps having multiple profiles in one account will be helpful. Peter will be able to chat about this with you further! Thanks again and have nice day!

Ebony B.
Marekting & Communication Associate
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

"Simple. Customizable. Supportive."

Comments: iContact has helped up get consistent branding across the organization. We have several different departments that have been accustomed to sending out their own thing. Now we have one brand, one voice. We will have data on volunteers versus donors versus program recipients and be able to make better decisions about what content to appeals to different segments.

Pros: iContact has made this entire process easy for our organization. As we move to a more focused content marketing plan, we saw the need to transition from a free service to one with more support and tools. As a non-profit, budget is always a challenge but our Strategic Advisor has made sure that we get the most bang for our buck!

Cons: I wish that I had more time to set up drip campaigns prior to purchase. You really need to have content ready to go before seeing iContact work to its full potential. Also I wish there was slightly more options to customize email layouts. Some of ours get tricky, but the support team is always there to help!

by iContact on 19/03/2018

Thanks for the comments, Ebony. We love helping nonprofits with their email marketing. Sounds like using iContact has really gotten everyone on the same page, and list segmentation has allowed for more personalization¿that¿s great. We¿ll be sure to let your Strategic Advisor know that her guidance is appreciated; next time, ask her for any tricks she may know to speed up your email creation. Take care!

Liz L.
Executive Producer
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018

"Have used extensively for years"

Pros: Customer service is first rate. The dashboard with statistics on each message is helpful and easy to read.

Cons: You have to re-size the photos by hand. This takes a lot of time and it seems that a functionality such as the one at Facebook could be used.

by iContact on 20/04/2018

Hi Liz. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're also happy to hear that our customer service is meeting your needs. Keeping our customers happy is our top priority. Thank you for your feedback around the image resizing, as well. We will definitely keep this in mind as we continue to evolve our platform. Thanks for being such a loyal customer!

Maria lenin L.
Marketing and business development
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2018

"Your Email Marketing Partner with easy to use tools"

Pros: An ideal email marketing software that lets you create newsletters easily with its easy to use application. Manage your contacts by creating lists with contacts that match your campaign. What i like about icontact is that aside from uploading or grag and drop option for adding contacts is that it has a sign up form feature thatyou can embed in your website. When a customer signs up the information goes straight to your contact list. Create your email content easily with its content creator tool with thousands of themes or designs to choose from. Add links, images and texts to the content with its drag and drop tool feature and create designs that match your campaign perfectly.

Cons: The csv file should be compatible to add contacts. It is easier to add one by one or download their file and add your contacts for an easier upload. If you have existing excel files with thousands of contacts, it may not work. Fixing your contacts file might take longer especially if you have thousands of subscribers.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2018
Online Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"One of the best email marketing solutions"

Comments: I'm also able to create promotions for my clients and run email marketing campaigns on their behalf.

Pros: I like how easy it is to import your contacts in a list, create an email and then send it to your subscribers. It has a clever UI thus very easy to set up a widget on your site to capture visitors. If you don't have HTML skills, you can use the built-in email templates.

Cons: The dashboard hasn't been upgraded in a few years now, could use a bit of a revamp to be more within the lines of modern design.

by iContact on 22/02/2018

Thanks so much for your feedback!

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we're doing. It's good to hear you've been finding our application easy to work with and that you're enjoying several of our features.

As you mentioned, some portions of our application could use a refresh which is one of our big focuses in 2018 - so be sure to keep an eye out for the updates.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Sharon B.
Independent Business Owner
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2018

"Great for Email Marketing"

Pros: I really like the templates and how easy it is to use this platform. The cost is minimal and you can integrate with so many other platforms. Even with the new laws and restrictions with sending email, etc. this platform is ideal for bulk email usage.

Cons: I honestly cannot think of any cons. I have enjoyed using this product and will continue to do so as it meets my marketing needs.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2018
Lindsey C.
Marketing
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018

"Favorite Email Marketing Program I've Used"

Comments: Email Marketing, Event Registrations, Database Management

Pros: The customer service is the best part of iContact. When you call, you talk to a real person. My customer service representative always knows the answers to my questions and on the rare occasion that she doesn't, she gets back to me very quickly with an answer.

Cons: When you upload a list into iContact and there are contacts who have unsubscribed or been listed as do not contact, you cannot tell who on that list won't receive the email.

by iContact on 20/04/2018

Thank you, Lindsey! We're so happy that our customer services have been so responsive and helpful for you and your team. We also appreciate the feedback around managing contacts. Stay tuned, as we'll be evolving the user experience for contacts and lists in the near future! Thanks!

Danielle N.
Office Administrator
Insurance Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2018

"So easy to use, layouts are amazing and easy to change to my liking. Been using it for years!"

Comments: I am able to reach my agents with eye popping emails that they are sure to read.

Pros: So easy to take an awesome layout and change it to my needs. No email has to be the same since their are so many layouts and you can create your own. Updating contact lists are super easy. Love that there is a chat button in case you need help.

Cons: You can not tab over in the columns and sometimes the font and style changes while typing , small issues though.

by iContact on 23/04/2018

Hi Danielle. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review. We're so glad that you continue to find value in our platform after all of these years. Thanks for being such a loyal customer! We also value your feedback, so we'll keep your suggestion around fonts and styling in mind as we continue to evolve the platform. In the meantime, keep sending those eye-popping emails!

Network Administrator/Office 365 Administrator/Video Production/Photography
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2020

"Great and easy to use email marketing compaign solution"

Comments: Experience has been great with this solution and very effective by the way. Highly recommended and will continue to use it and explore new functionality.

Pros: Even if you are not familiar with email marketing campaigns iContact makes the process a breeze with intuitive user interface and automated processes and even greater templates.

Cons: iContact offers a large number of integration but we (not the norm) had a number of issues with these that fortunately with help of a great support team got resolved in no time.

Hello,

• Reviewed on 27/05/2020
Salina C.
writer/blogger
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2018

"I was brand new to email marketing and was so grateful for the stellar support!"

Comments: It's my first experience with an EMS, and they are always very helpful explaining how things work and assisting me with accomplishing my objectives.

Pros: How easy it is to design an attractive email. Most of the emails I get from other email marketers aren't formatted in an appealing way, but with iContact I can format mine to duplicate the look and feel of my website and branding!

Cons: Buttons can only be used for links to URLs. This is not a big deal. It would just be nice to be able to use a button in an email to be able to download a file hosted by iContact.

by iContact on 10/05/2018

Hi Salina! Thank you so much for your review. It's excellent to hear that you have easily been able to create such attractive emails using iContact. Our new email editor offers a good deal of flexibility in design, which can be used to wow your contacts. We appreciate the feedback regarding using buttons to download a file hosted by us. This feedback will be passed along to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible inclusion in a future release.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2018
Luca S.
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2018

"We have used a couple different services over the years and iContact has been the best so far."

Pros: Ease of use. The platform makes for easy sends, analytics and management of account. I like the ability to see all your sends and analytics on one page.

Cons: No automatic triggers to notify you if you have gone over your credit allotment. You need to monitor and manage your sends on your own.

by iContact on 19/04/2018

Thank you for your review, Luca. We're thrilled that you're finding the platform so easy to use. We strive to provide the best user experience in the industry! We also appreciate your feedback around automatic notifications within your account. You'll be happy to hear that we've installed a limit alert banner within user accounts to help notify users. If for some reason you are not seeing this alert, feel free to reach out to your service representative or contact our support team and we'll be happy to provide a fix. Thanks for being a loyal customer!

• Reviewed on 31/03/2018