Procare Desktop Reviews

by Procare Software

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.3 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.7 /5

About Procare Desktop

Child care solution that can be customized to meet every need for business management, tuition collection & parent communication.

Learn more about Procare Desktop

Showing 1,241 reviews

Linda T.
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2021

"Make your job easier"

Comments: I cannot imagine doing my job without Procare!

Pros: I love that it is cloud based. I can sign on anywhere to help my customers and staff.
I like that all of my files are paperless.
It is good for tracking when a something is coming due or is past due. It offers good reports.
I like that everything is in one app. I also use the Kid Reports app for and I love that all of the data is transferred automatically.

Cons: I have been using this software since 2010 and there is always improvements that help make our job better.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2021
Kelly O.
Aquatics Director
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2020

"We love Procare!"

Comments: Overall I have a great experience! We have a large center with kids infant up to 13 years. We also are unique in that we use it for our swimming programs too. These range from 2 years old up to adults and the customer support to help us set this up was fantastic!

Pros: Procare does a lot for our center! We also love how there are additional features you can add on. It is great for tracking families, payments, and even adding activities. Overall we have had good experiences with the customer support. We also love the cloud so we can access this anywhere! The customer support is usually great as well. The people are willing to help and teach you learn more about Procare's capabilities!

Cons: Procare does a lot but some of the features are a bit updated. The texting feature isn't great. It still uses phone emails to send these and we always have problems with it working correctly. The emails are also not great. It can't be customized, images can not be added unless it is an attachment and it can only come from one email administrator unless your company uses Outlook. I also feel like the customer support overall is great but sometimes, I get someone who doesn't seem to know what he is talking about. After a long wait, this can be very frustrating.

• Reviewed on 24/03/2020
Lorraine M.
Treasurer
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"Top Notch"

Comments: We had constant issues with our families understanding their billing and the emails they were receiving. With ProCare everything is clear, concise and I am in control of what emails are going out which has helped tremendously. Summer is our busiest time as we run a summer camp and this year has been so much easier than last year. I refer to ProCare as the "Cadillac" of child care software and it has run smoothly from the first drive off of the showroom floor.

Pros: Ease of billing for the child care services for our 120+ students.

Cons: That's tough because I really like the system. One piece I won't use is Tuition Express as I find it far too expensive (I have worked around it to keep our accounts receivable in a pre-paid status and all payments done by ACH which keeps our expenses down.)

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Kassia N.
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2019

"BEST INVESTMENT FOR MY PROGRAM!"

Comments: Prior to Procare, my scheduling took a big chunk of my time and now it is a done in no time! I can easily track tuition, absences, immunizations, physicals, training requirements for my staff, and so much more. Previously I had to track these in Excel and they were daunting tasks but now everything is up to date and easy to access.

Pros: I have been using Procare Software for a little over two years now and I can't imagine going without it! I like that everything I need is literally wrapped up into one software program. This has been such a time saver for me for scheduling, keeping records, and every day tasks!

Cons: The cost was a big commitment in the beginning but it has been so worth it! I started out with a few of the modules that I needed to get started with the help of a grant and have added on since then. Another thing is that it does take time to learn the system but I think that is with any software and Procare has some amazing tutorial videos available as well as live webinars that have been extremely helpful.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2019
Ashley M.
Asst. Director
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2019

"Procare Products and Services"

Comments: My overall experience has been amazing.

Pros: The thing I like the most about this software is the amount of time I get back in my day from the simplistic and shorter routines brought about by the features of Procare. I don't have to spend hours on billing and chasing money now that we use tuition express. I am able to import directly from our waitlist software to the ProCare software so I am not keying client information twice! The tax season is less of a hassle when producing their tax statements. This software is priceless when you think about what you are getting for your money. I would be lost without it.

Cons: The only thing I struggle with is sitting on hold with customer service for so long when I do have a question/concern that I cannot find a solution to on the website. It is made up for though when the customer service personnel is so polite, helpful, and quickly/efficiently help me with my problem.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2019
Lea P.
Dir of HR
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2019

"One of the best we use in the entire agency"

Comments: We do our parent billing, employee clock in, ratio monitoring, CACFP tracking, and parent payments with Procare. It has proven to save a large amount of time over the "old" way from years ago!

Pros: We are a large faith-based social service agency, serving families in MANY ways. We use numerous types of software for our multiple programs. Procare is by far one of the most user friendly, high quality, and best supported software programs we use! We recently just added Tuition Express after having used Procare for 13 years, and it is going quite well. The support we have is great.

Cons: Switching from v9 to v10 was a learning curve, but it's now been several years since that occurred. We've really had no issues at all with this software.

Monica P.
Assistant Director
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2019

"Procare Review"

Comments: I like this product. However, I feel that entering all the child information could be a more streamlined process. When entering a new child, I have to remember to click in each portion of the record to enter all the information. It would be nice to have a wizard tool to bring you through each part seamlessly. There are many ways of reporting information, just not always how I would like to compile it.

Pros: Food Program Module. All in all I am happy with most of Procare's abilities within how it is programmed to be used. There are just lots of ways to make it even better for the end user.

Cons: Reporting options are not as diverse as I would like and I would like to be able to create my own reports based on needed information.
There are a couple of modules that we would love to add but they are cost prohibitive for our center because it is so small (licensed for 66).
I can't use the menu builder because there is not enough space to view the meals we serve. I have to use another program to do our menu.
There is a higher margin of error when entering in a new child because you have to hop all over the place to enter information where it needs to go.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Lisa T.
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2019

"Excellent phone customer service"

Comments: Procare has helped us solve our issues with tuition management, and keeping track of immunizations for children and teachers

Pros: If you have the time to check through it all, it offers preschool centers many reports and tracking options that are easily gathered and printed.

Cons: Overwhelming amount of tabs sometimes. Can't find specifically what you are looking for until you dig deep

• Reviewed on 08/11/2019
Jackie A.
Head of School
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"Procare made us look tech-relavent"

Comments: The customer care is awesome #1 they have a really accessible online training you can link to right from the screen giving you problems. #2 You can call without shame and they will guide you through.

Pros: I can access my center from any PC (we have the cloud version). It coordinates seamlessly with our credit card POS (we have the Attendance Module with check in/out kiosk). It secures the entrance to our facility (we have the keyless entry system).

Cons: I wish there was a way to give families alerts or messages at check in. Our old paper way was easier to put important information IN THEIR WAY. Also, I wish it would alert us if a check in/out was being attempted and not completed.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Angie S.
Owner/Director
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2019

"Procare Software"

Comments: I have nothing but good things to say about Procare Software. While it can be costly, it is well worth the value. The amount of paperwork that I have to do is now cut down by 75% and my life is so much easier than it was before the software.

Pros: Procare is an all-in-one software that makes daycare management so much easier than it ever was before. There is such a variety of tools and reports to use that there is no need for another program. There are different modules to add to make the program completely customizable to what your program needs.

Cons: The program can be tricky to navigate at the beginning, however, the support website and call center are so helpful that I usually have an answer within minutes. There are also webinars online that you can watch to help with learning the program.

• Reviewed on 31/05/2019
Tami Z.
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2019

"Procare Software"

Comments: Overall the software has been able to provide us with a more efficient use of our time

Pros: Procare is very easy to use and has many functions that assist in the overall operations of the child care program that I own and manage. It makes recordkeeping very easy and less time consuming allowing us to devote more of our time to the children and our staff.

Cons: There are some functions regarding signing children in and out, if a parent forgets to sign a child out they are not able to sign them in again the next day, and their child's time card gets all messed up. If there was a way that the system automatically signed the children out (that the parents forgot to) it would make it much easier for them to sign in in the morning. Also school age kids, would be nice if they could sign themselves in and out when coming back from school or leaving for school.

by Procare Software on 11/03/2019

Tami - We're glad you like the many easy-to-use functions. As to checking children in and out, we are currently working toward a simplified process we believe will alleviate issues with parents forgetting to check kids out. Of course you can also use the Batch Check Out feature to quickly make sure all kids are checked out at the end of the day. And for school-age children you can absolutely let them sign in and out by simply adding them as an authorized pickup for themselves. Hope that helps!

• Reviewed on 05/03/2019
Toni B.
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2019

"Childcare Administration Life saver"

Comments: Procare allows me to "work smart and not hard." I have used this software almost ten years and this company is constantly improving- great product! I have referred several other Daycare Providers to this program and it has been a great benefit to them as well. I must comment that I am especially grateful that I was able to start small and move into more aspects of this software as I grew- there was and is always another "peice" to move into as the business grows.

Pros: Procare has been a great benefit to me as an Administrator of a Small Business. Record keeping is awesome. It is user friendly to the parents and my staff to include: time clock and registering children in and out daily. It has been very helpful to me especially with Tuition Express which allows parents to pay with a credit card, bank draft and more. Options for clients is always a "PLUS". Generating and printing reports is a whiz. I especially being able to complete my own payroll. Great Software!

Cons: I cant think of anything that I dislike about this software at present.

Martha P.
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2019

"How did our business survive without Procare?"

Comments: The biggest problem solved was everything was done by hand. The previous director entered everything into a ledger. Tuition AND payroll. I came from a center that had been using Procare all along and this center was twice the size of the previous center. I purchased Procare a few months later and life became so much easier. I've now purchased Tuition Express and again, life is good. Over 70% of my families jumped on board. Again saving time by not having to make and prepare so many deposits to the bank.

Pros: Once you learn the system, it's a breeze. However, having customer support a phone call away is necessary. Your customer support staff are awesome. They never talk to me like I should know this by now and they are very friendly! Procare has saved me hours of tedious work when it comes to gathering information for reporting to our board.

Cons: I'd like to have you tweak a few things. For instance, no one has a home phone anymore, so I have to change the designation to cell when I'm entering new families. Also, for the middle initial the old Procare system was an automatic capital letter. Small stuff, but I live for simplification. I would love a customer suggestion box so when I come across these things, I can submit it.

• Reviewed on 23/05/2019
Mindy G.
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2016

"I very much dislike Procare"

Comments: The old procare was so easy and user friendly. The new version is a nightmare, way too complicated. if you forget your password you can't use one you've previously used, you need a password just to place an email back to them, tech support a nighmare to get a hold of or get a straight answer. If i could switch to another company I would!

Pros: The fingerprinting option for logging in

Cons: Too complicated, hate procare, old version was user friendly, this version you need an IT degreee, too many passwords required (just to send an email asking for tech support quesion!) If you're gonna sell me a product this complicated there should be 24/7 tech support, we should have had a live demo/training session. Look at your form that says tell us a bit more about yourself? Isn't everyone using this product in childcare? You want me to scroll through that list to id my industry?!?!?

by Procare Software on 27/12/2016

Hello Mindy,

We were happy to connect with you and are glad your session with Michelle from Tech Support was helpful in learning how to reset your password and how to use the Batch Check In/Out function. Chasity from Client Services has scheduled training with our experts to get your whole team up and running with V10. Please know that our 5-star support team is here to help and to ensure you are enjoying the many benefits of Procare.

• Reviewed on 22/12/2016
Lindsay J.
Veterinary Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"Drop-In only centers"

Comments: My experience has been good. The technical support is helpful and my sales rep is always willing to guide me in the right direction. My only concerns have been the lack of customization for drop-in only facilities. Feel free to contact me to discuss more! Lindsay Jones, The PlaySpace.

Pros: It is easy to use and to teach to new staff. Tuition express has great features.

Cons: There is VERY little ability to customize for drop-in only facilities. There are so many features that a drop-in only facility does not need and there are lot of things that a drop-in only facility could use and there is no way to customize certain reports, function billing and it leaves room for human error, requiring LOTS of auditing which is time and money. I have requested this several times and I get very little assistance. As someone who is considering franchising, this is not a good long term solution for ANY drop-in only facility. There are few software companies that can help a drop-in only facility and I would LOVE to be able to have someone who can customize a few major features so I could recommend to all my other drop-in only facilities.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2019
Stacey S.
Accounting Representative
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2016

"Assistance with billing formularies"

Comments: Josh was a wonderful help to me! He was persistent to return my call several times, even though I was unavailable each time he called. He quickly assessed my needs, and provided the fix that I needed right then! It was something I needed corrected right then, and he took the time to make that happen! I appreciate Josh and his excellent customer support!

Pros: It has many capabilities and is easy to learn and maneuver.

Cons: The reporting methods. I would like to be able to perform functions to multiple files at the same time, not having to enter each individual to make changes. I would like to be able to print reports from the filtering that I do on screen and print that information. Not have to exit and find and create a report to print what I was just viewing. I would also like to have multiple windows open at the same time. Many times I am in a file, and have to jump out to enter another, or stop the function I am performing to handle something else.

by Procare Software on 28/07/2016

Stacey ¿ We¿re happy to hear our Support Team was able to quickly provide the answers you needed. Thank you for your ideas on ways to handle tasks more efficiently. We constantly strive to simplify the management side of child care and appreciate your feedback.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2016
Erica K.
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2019

"Helpful Product"

Pros: This software is very all-encompassing and our business uses it as our main database for tracking student records, tuition billing, employee compensation, etc.

Cons: There are some minor areas that could be improved. It would be helpful to be able to look at two reports at once. It would be nice to be able to customize screens even more personally. There server seems to be under maintenance often (although usually on the weekends at night). You have to pay for particular upgrades.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2019
Katrina B.
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2020

"User Friendly"

Comments: I have been a user for 18 years and any problems or questions I have had customer service has assisted me with.

Pros: I like how easy it is to use, the different options for filtering data and the best customer service I have ever experienced, included as a user of the program!!

Cons: I do wish the payroll module was less expensive so I would just have one program to use, it is less expensive to stick with quick books.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2020
Rebecca S.
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Procare Software Review"

Comments: Procare software has provided the management resources for better time management in accounting and administrative tasks. The support team has been excellent in providing training resources, training and troubleshooting.

Pros: Procare makes our childcare center management more effective. The ability to manage staff and family accounts in one place is a huge time saver. The report functions make reporting to our board simple and time effective. With the recent additions of KidReports, tracking and communication has improved.

Cons: The Procare dashboard is not as user-friendly as it could be for certain components and could use a visual graphic update to make the dashboard more modern.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Stephanie H.
Assistant Director
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2019

"Great up-to-date software, but AMAZING tech support that makes it ABOVE the rest!!"

Comments: Ease of tuition collection with Tuition Express options!

Pros: Procare designers understand child care and what is needed in regards to ease of use, reporting, parent access, tuition payments. They are constantly trying to find ways to better their software and seek user suggestions. They are always thinking ahead and looking for ways to make our jobs easier! Any time I've had a question or run into a problem, I have always had a friendly, helpful tech support team member right there ready to assist me. They listen completely to your questions/concerns and work until you feel confident in the result. It's almost like they are our personal cheering squad trying to encourage us to do the best we can and constantly giving us tools to make our more efficient :)

Cons: I honestly cannot think of anything I don't like about the program! There has been so much growth in the features that if I had any concern, it has already been addressed, revamped and fixed!

Carol S.
Financial Administrator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

"Great Softward"

Comments: It covers so much. I am able to use the Data Viewer to extract about any information I need; if the reports are already created in Standard Reports

Pros: I worked in Information Technology for Fortune 100 companies. I have worked with lots of purchased software as well as software developed in house. Procare is well written, and well documented.

Cons: When I need to send letters to parents, merging parents names into a document title to their first names (Dear Adam and Eve,) is not simple.
We need to expand into a software that more easily does mass text to families. It would be great if Procare had a more simple feature. We will probably use another vendor that only does the texting.

by Procare Software on 27/02/2019

Carol - Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your background. We're glad you've had such a positive experience with Procare. And although Procare does offer letter merge and bulk text message capabilities, we're always interested in ways to make things even better. If you have specific ideas, please let us know at: http://procaresupport.com/contact-procare-support/make-suggestion/

Courtney K.
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2020

"Nothing Compares"

Comments: I have used Procare since I opened my business. At one point I was trying to switch to another company but during the trial period, I just couldn't. Procare has so much to offer and all in one place. It is exactly what I need to keep communication open, run financials and so much more!

Pros: This software does it all. I love how I know when all my students arrive and depart. I know who dropped off and can easily pull from accounts for automatic withdrawal. All child and staff information are stored in the software to keep it all in one place.

Cons: There is so much that it offers I wish there was an easier way to learn and implement it all. There are videos on the website but still can't seem to catch up with it all!

by Procare Software on 19/11/2020

Hi Courtney, thank you so much for the positive review! We are so glad that you are enjoying Procare at your center. You can visit our support site at https://procaresupport.com/ for tutorial videos, free webinars, help articles and more. And as always, give our support team a call to speak with someone live. We appreciate you as a Procare customer!

• Reviewed on 18/11/2020
Robin W.
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"Procare Review"

Comments: Procare was a replacement product for us after our old program was discontinued. It is a more robust program, but in some ways, we have found the transition somewhat difficult. Our old program had a much easier system for reports and providing us with the data we needed. We have also found Procare challenging with all of the different areas you must go to in order to enroll or disenroll a child. It is easy to miss a step. Compared to other programs we reviewed, we found Procare to the best choice, however it is definitely quite a bit more expensive.

Pros: The ability to synchronize payments with accounts and the number of reports available.

Cons: Some reports are cumbersome and it can be difficult finding a report that does exactly what you need it to do.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2019
Kat T.
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2019

"Procare Review"

Comments: My overall experience with the Procare Software has been good. There has been the occasional updates and moments where the system was down, but not often enough where it's been a major concern.

Pros: I started playing around with the system more, learning new functions. I really enjoy using the mass communication function the most. It makes things more convenient for me. Many of the staff members and a few of the parents also enjoyed seeing the messages on the Procare screen.

Cons: The biggest con of the software is it's ease of use. I'm still learning and trying to figure out some of the available functions of the software. My biggest struggle I'm currently having is trying to figure out how I can display each child and teacher's schedule on the screen so it's easily seen at first glance. I'm also trying to figure out how I can set up the software to automatically charge the parents for late pick ups. I am unsure if the code I created is correct.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2019
Katrina B.
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2019

"Complete Management and user friendly!"

Comments: Awesome program and when new programs have come out I do a comparison and Procare always comes out on top for ease of use and cost.

Pros: Easy to use, lot of different reports, manages all aspects from collecting hours to tracking payments. I have checked out about 6 different programs and find Procare the most intuitive to use. I have used Procare at two centers for about 18 years. Other programs have additional fee's and charge for customer service. Help is always available, very friendly, fairly local (Next state over), and I love being able to sign in from anywhere on the cloud and know all my data is backed up!!!

Cons: Financially some reports are cumbersome and hard to cross reference.

by Procare Software on 27/02/2019

Katrina - It's nice to hear how easy to use Procare is for you and that it always comes out on top! As to reports, there are many from which to choose and we're happy to help you find those that best meet your needs so you can be sure to compare apples to apples.