• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5

About APS Payroll

We make payroll and HR easier for our customers.

Learn more about APS Payroll

Showing 25 reviews of 575

Julie C.
Payroll Specialist

"Payroll Specialist"

Comments: My experience has had some good and some bad. I feel the customer service is great but I don't feel the system meets our companies needs as I have to track several things manually because the system does not track them correctly.

Pros: The system is pretty user friendly. I like the fact that the majority of reports export into excel. Customer service team is always readily available to help and very responsive.

Cons: There are issues with transferring employees from company to company. The system does not cap deductions correctly.

by APS on 24/08/2018

We appreciate your review, Julie! We're glad to hear our support team is providing the responsive attention you deserve.

We see that you are experiencing issues with the performance of our system. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service. We would also love the opportunity to speak with you one on one to discuss your concerns. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at [email protected] or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further.

Thank you for being an APS customer!

Dee ann S.
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Excellent Product for our Small Business without a Huge Investment"

Comments: Before APS our payroll process was a multiple day process. It was a compilation of paper a third party time clock system that was very limited and our vacation policy was maintained by a spreadsheet and emails.

Pros: This software completely transformed our Payroll and HR processes. Completely integrated all aspects together into one place.

Cons: Have not really had any cons with the software if we run into something that we need it is either available or the customer support will give us ideas for a work around if not currently available.

by APS on 27/11/2019

We appreciate your positive review, Dee Ann! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Heather N.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2019

"Great but needs some updating"

Comments: We are generally impressed but it's seems like a newer software that needs to do some updating and more frequent updating at that.

Pros: Benefit management and carrier connection.
Ease of use for employees and administrators.
Accuracy of timekeeping and payroll.
Leave of Absence event tracking.

Cons: Performance Reviews. The templates are just too difficult to load as we use forms specific to each position. Editing of individual questions is not possible so we are not using this feature.
Customization is lacking in benefit set-up. We are not able to create custom messages during open enrollment, add specific attachments, or select PCP for our HMO plans which is pretty standard.
Notifications for Non-Banking Days. They pop up every time you go back to the dashboard. There should be a button to click I don't want to see this message anymore.
Customer Service is great and responsive but sometimes you get different answers from different reps.

by APS on 19/11/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the APS system. We see that you are experiencing issues with the performance and reliability of our system. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service.

If you have any other comments or questions, please do not hesitate to call, message, or email your account manager.

Thank you for being an APS customer!

• Reviewed on 16/11/2019
Anthony C.
Regional Manager
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2019

"APS Payroll and Hiring Software is second to none"

Comments: We are solving payroll and new hire issues. They make it so easy for our reps to complete their onboarding process that we can't imagine ever going back to our old software. They also make it extremely easy to troubleshoot payroll issues in the even that a rep didn't receive their pay card or direct deposit.

Pros: I love the ease of use that this product offers. Even your day 1 employees can get the hang of this software before lunch time on their very first day using it. I also really like that they are continually updating and improving the software as the professional landscape grows and changes through technology. APS seems to be at the forefront of advancing their software so you'll never be frustrated at using a slow or outdated software for hiring or payroll. All in all this is just a great product that anyone can use and that is a major selling point for any business owner. Nobody wants to spend tons of time and money just training their HR and payroll teams to use their software and APS keeps that cost at a minimum.

Cons: I can't really think of anything i don't like about this software. I guess the one thing that i think APS could improve is where they put the search bars to search for current employees. Right now you have to go to a specific page to search for already hired employees while the applicant search bar can be accessed from the main screen.

by APS on 19/11/2019

We appreciate your positive review, Anthony! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform and our system has reduced your errors. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 15/11/2019
Matthew D.
CEO & President
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2019

"Truly Amazing Payroll & HR Software Partner"

Comments: I started up a PEO/ASO/HRO company in Hawaii in 2009 and grew it to the 2nd largest in the HR/Payroll firm in the state. I sold this company to the largest competitor in 2016 when we were running $200 million of payroll and managed over 10,000 employees in multiple states. I can honestly say that I wish I discovered APS Payroll Software when I started my HR company, as this software truly blows away our PEO/HR/Payroll system we used. When I sold my HR/Payroll company, I was looking at finding a new payroll software that could also handle all of our HR administration. I attended a Sage Intacct (accounting software) conference and met APS in the Exhibit Hall with numerous vendors. The final selling point is APS directly integrates into Sage Intacct. Finally, we have one login in which we can access all of our internal companies and external clients we process payroll for. There are so many bell and whistles available and it is very easy to learn and use. I highly recommend APS to everyone looking for an affordable payroll software, with an even more impressive and responsive team.

Pros: APS is very thorough with all of its various solutions: payroll, human resources, benefits administration, document storage, Time & Attendance, PTO, APS Hire (recruiting/job boards), Applicant Tracking, Online On-Boarding, Asset Management, etc, etc.

Cons: I cannot think of anything that I do not like about APS. Their technical team is very flexible with custom solutions, APS Customer Service team is responsive (even with our 5-6 hour time difference between Louisiana and Hawaii). We have a dedicated "Partner Support" team member over at APS, as well as a "Training Support Partner".

by APS on 20/06/2019

We appreciate your positive review, Matthew! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 19/05/2019
Loren A.
HR Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2019

"Quality System, Good Price & Customer Oriented"

Comments: Sales promises were lofty, but the reality is the system is better than most that I've tried. For the price, function and delivery, this is a good system for a small to medium size employer. The add-on options make the system better in my opinion.

Pros: Very easy to use. The system is laid out in an easy to view manner. Also this is available on mobile device.

Cons: Customization is difficult. The company is willing to work with you, but may take time to develop any customs, if available at all.

by APS on 03/12/2019

Your positive review is much appreciated, Loren! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made your payroll processes easier. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 02/12/2019
Brenda S.
VP Human Resources
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"So happy with APS!"

Comments: We are thrilled with APS and the service we receive. We can't get over how often we ask for something and how responsive they are to our needs. We have seen enhancements be made that we didn't even ask for just because it made sense and they were able to do it!

Pros: The system allows all of our processes to be integrated and it is so user friendly. It has saved us so much time because we don't have to re-key the same items over and over again in different systems. Our staff love all the added features they now get.

Cons: We really need a company-wide calendar view of approved PTO requests and I wish that the performance appraisal module had more features. On the rare occasion we have had to correct an error, APS corrects things quickly but we cannot always see what happens in the background and we sometimes struggle to understand the correction and how different GL accounts are affected, etc. Also, Report Writer and Report Builder are not completely compatible so sometimes it is difficult to pull everything we need in one report - I probably just need more training and practice.

by APS on 10/05/2019

We appreciate your positive review, Brenda! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would love the opportunity to speak with you and discuss additional training of the system. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at [email protected] or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further if you would like additional training for your team. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 25/04/2019
Tammy M.
Operations & Administrative Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2019

"APS Payroll Review"

Comments: With APS Payroll, we now have dependable current & historical information. The many reporting options have saved us time and headache since we no longer have to access several documents to create things like the annual 401(k) census. We can maintain that information right in APS Payroll.

Pros: We're a tech company with less than 100 employees in the US and have been with APS Payroll for about three years. APS gave us the opportunity to offer our employees access to online employee information. The employees can pull pay vouchers, update most of their own personal information, request PTO online and other functions that were manual for them before APS.

Cons: On the administrative side, setting up a new employee can be cumbersome. There are a lot of steps that are necessary to create the proper internal document flow. Some things like PTO accruals are not set up as a default for a new employee. Should the accrual step be missed during onboarding, the employee may not accrue PTO as they should.

by APS on 05/03/2019

Thank you for your positive review, Tammy! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform that allows for easy document and information access for your employees. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 25/02/2019
Laurie K.
Human Resources
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2019

"APS Captures All the Necessary HR Functions in One Easy-to-Use Package"

Comments: We cut our costs in half and doubled our functionality. The implementation team spent more time on training than all of our previous payroll vendors combined. Answers to questions are a click away from within the system or a quick phone call to a dedicated team member. I highly recommend this product to companies of all sizes or to companies with multiple divisions to manage.

Pros: What's not to like? From implementation to use, the team at APS managed our conversion smoothly. Their dedicated tax team is always one step ahead of me and does regular audits to make sure we are compliant in all areas. I work with a specific payroll team so I know when I call or send in a support request through the online system, I will always be talking to the same people who know my account. Everything is contained within one module so you don't have to wonder if the information you enter in one part of the program is going to sync properly with other areas. Real-time updates keep all my reporting accurate.

Cons: We have had some occasional minor issues with our field techs being able to enter information to their timecards through the mobile app which is actually just a mobile friendly version of the online system. A true app is being released soon and I expect it will eliminate any small issues we've had in the past.

by APS on 10/05/2019

We appreciate your positive review, Laurie! We're glad to hear you're happy with the user-friendly design of our platform and our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 24/04/2019
Robert R.
CFO
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2020

"An Absolute Pleasure to Work With APS"

Comments: Simplify time keeping on three sites, make payroll process more user friendly and eliminate printing paper reports, integrate with QuickBooks software, and streamline on-boarding and information collection.

Pros: The setup was easy, their team did most of the work. I really like having a team of people assigned to my account that I have came to know and rely on, so I deal with the same people all the time. Help is an email or phone call away and my team are very responsive. Customer service is awesome!

Cons: Not much to dislike. In fact, what I do not like is that my own HR people haven’t utilized the on-boarding and HR functions or the software as of yet.
The mobile services are not perfect and take some time to get functioning.

by APS on 05/06/2020

Robert, thank you so much for your feedback. It's awesome hearing implementation was a smooth process and you are enjoying your dedicated account team. We recently made some updates to our mobile app that you might find helpful, but we have also passed along your feedback to our developers. Thank you for being a valued customer!

• Reviewed on 28/05/2020
Michael H.
Executive Director
Libraries, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2020

"A graty payroll, timekeeping and HR solution."

Comments: The customer service has been stellar. I have never waited a full 24 hours for a response, and I've always been very satisfied with the resolution of any request.

Pros: Everything is cloud based. We have 16 location and nearly 90 employees. We need real time reports and updates. My administration works in different offices, and now we easily have access to the same content. This is easy to use for staff and managers. When we run payroll, it takes less than 10 minutes.

Cons: We would like more standard reports. The QuickBooks export is very basic, and their customer support was not knowledgeable enough to help us with many classifications we have, so our CPA had to do extra work to set that up. Once it was done, we've had no problems.

by APS on 26/05/2020

Michael,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to review us. We are happy to hear that our unified cloud-based solution has provided you with ease! We have passed along your insight on Quickbooks to our development team. We look forward to serving you in the years to come.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2020
Information Services, 11-50 Employees

"Easy to Use"

Pros: We use to manage our payroll in house which took a significant amount of time, even with a small number of employees. Switching to APS helped save time and allowed for a easier and more efficient way of tracking payroll. There are tons of different reports you can run and everything is very user friendly. If there is ever a question on anything our customer service agent is quick to respond and help. It's been great having all our employee information in one place!

Cons: A few instances of frustration where some of our benefits have not calculated correctly. I'm not sure if there was lack of communication upon setup or what happened. Anytime we have ran into this APS saw that a solution was made.

by APS on 16/11/2018

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform and our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would love the opportunity to speak with you one on one and discuss your concerns about calculating benefits. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at [email protected] or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further.

Kathy C.
HR Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2019

"Excellent Customer Support"

Pros: I think their customer service is top notch. I love the fact that I can always pick up the phone and get someone immediately or send an email with a request and get a response back within one business day. This kind of service is rare these days. I really like that applicants automatically move from APS Recruiting to APS Onboarding and then to Employee payroll account. I am very glad that we streamlined this process with APS.

Cons: I wish we could view multiple screens at the same time. Currently, if I want to view multiple reports at the same time, I have to back out and re-enter the info again. This part is not very user friendly. It requires too much going back and forth from one report to another. Another thing that I do not like is that the system logs you out if there is no activity for so many minutes. I wish the user can set the time when this should happen. I feel like I am constantly getting logged out and have to log back in.

by APS on 24/06/2019

We appreciate your positive review, Kathy! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 16/05/2019
Christine K.
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2020

"Exceeds Expectations"

Comments: Working with APS is easy compared to other companies. It is easy to reach your account representatives when you need them, which is not always the case with some companies. Throughout the sales process, implementation, and now the daily grind of bi-weekly payroll, APS has felt more like a colleague rather than an outside company.

Pros: The reporting feature is by far the best feature for our office. We have several people that are part of the payroll process and each of us has our own reporting needs. The ability to build custom reports for our specific needs has been a major shift from our previous provider.

Cons: I have used this software for multiple years and I have no complaints. Every issue that I have encountered has been addressed, either specifically for our account, or as an overall update to the system.

by APS on 18/08/2020

Christine, thank you so much for the raving review. We are thrilled to hear that our reporting features have made things so efficient for you, and your dedicated account team has been so responsive. We look forward to working with you for many years to come.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2020
Elizabeth R.
HR Admis
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2020

"Intuitive & easy to use with great customer care"

Comments: Happy with their software and customer service. If I have a problem at any time, someone from my designated team gets me a solution or answer the same day.

Pros: The system is very easy to use and intuitive. Being able to run such a wide variety of customized reports is extremely helpful for me on a daily basis. Our employees also can easily access their pay information, benefits and time-off accruals through the employee portal.

Cons: The Performance Review feature is not yet customizable for the needs of our company. Hope to be able to use this feature in the future.

by APS on 26/05/2020

Elizabeth, we are happy to hear that employee visibility and reporting has helped your day-to-day operation. We have passed along your performance review feedback to our development team to ensure your process continues to be easy in the future. Thank you for being a valued client.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2020
Kelly E.
Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2018

"Great customer support for our growing company!"

Comments: Even though there are some cons with APS, the customer service truly can't be beat!

Pros: APS customer support is absolutely wonderful. We have a team of dedicated support staff who have been with us since before implementation and are always available to answer questions and provide site assistance. We are a growing company with multiple entities, so we are actively working with our APS team to improve functionality of the site to fit our needs best. The site is also very user friendly within companies. I have used other "bigger" payroll systems and this is a much more simplified site.

Cons: Some of the features are not yet as developed as some of the other "big name" companies, but their dev team seems to be constantly working to make themselves better for their clients. At this time, APS (Payroll, eSelfServe and Hire sites) does not work well on handheld devices (even tablets), so you almost always have to have a computer available to do the work you need; i.e. if we are out of office and a team member needs something, we can't use our smart phones to find that answer, we have to wait to get back to our computers. The system seems to work better in browsers such as Google Chrome vs. Safari, and can be very slow at times.

Renee' H.
Accounting Manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2017

"It has been a great relief to not have to worry about filing the taxes."

Comments: The software has been great capturing the time of most of our employees without myself having to manually input. The ability to customize our vacation and PTO benefits for our employees. Once the payroll has been processed, APS takes care of direct deposits, filing taxes, creating checks to be printed for live checks and deductions. Employees being able to access their information online without having to request myself to make the updates. Having mobile clock in and outs.

Pros: Office employees are able to clock in and out, request time off electronically and receive approval electronically.

Cons: For this software to allow the field employees to clock in using a job name. We are a subcontractor organization and our field employees clock into the jobs they are working on. Also, it would be beneficial if once the time is captured in APS that the hours could be uploading in Workflow Max the hours worked on each job.

by APS on 15/12/2017

We appreciate your positive review, Renee'! We're glad to hear your time and attendance has simplified. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 30/11/2017
Bob T.
bookkeeper
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2018

"APS review 2018"

Comments: The compatibility with our clock in software is great!
The customer service is excellent! I have dealt with several reps and they are all well trained and knowledgeable about the product!

Pros: I do like the ease at which we can set up employees for direct deposit, it's a time saver! Even changes in direct deposit are easy to deal with.

Cons: I find some challenges in locating the specific reports I need. But, that just might be me!
I also miss a function that we had with another software which calculates a payroll check based on the net amount you enter into the calculator. Miss that a lot!

by APS on 16/11/2018

We appreciate your positive review Bob! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform. We would love the opportunity to speak with you one on one and discuss your concerns. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at [email protected] or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2018
Makeasha S.
HR Coordiantor
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2018

"Happy with product and service"

Comments: Because of the dual (APS Online & Eselfserve.com) software for admin and users I am able to communicate with managers and staff easily. Things look the same and I can guide a user on the site without having the manual handy.

Pros: Very easy to use. The website is clean and clear..not full of clutter. Easy to locate what I need for payroll.

Cons: The reporting features are a litter cumbersome. I wish I could with ease choose more reporting options for my organization. I normally have to call to run a new report.

by APS on 28/08/2018

We appreciate your positive review, Makeasha! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Thanks,

Sonya M.
Payroll Supervisor
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2019

"APS - Sofware Advice - VRC"

Comments: I love the time clock system that APS offers. Before the guys were just writing their time on a piece of paper. Now their time is accurate.

Pros: I like that APS software is user friendly. I also like that they are a local company. My account team is always there when i need them.

Cons: I think the only downside would be technology. There are always bumps in the road but with a great account team at APS they can help guide you through any issue that may arise.

by APS on 15/11/2019

We appreciate your positive review, Sonya! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued APS customer!

• Reviewed on 14/11/2019
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2017

"Simple and cost effective payroll solution"

Comments: Quick, effcient payroll processing with the flexibility to write paychecks on the fly, if necessary.

Pros: This is easy to use product with great customer support. It is perfect for our small company. I love the fact that since it is all web-based, I can process my payroll from anywhere that I have an internet connection.

Cons: Would like to be able to download an individual employee's attendance record in a calendar format for a good visual representation of attendance.

by APS on 15/12/2017

We appreciate your positive review! We're glad to hear you have been able to remotely process your payroll. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 20/11/2017
Inga R.
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2018

"pull reports easily and our employee tracking has increased"

Comments: We are able to pull reports easily and our employee tracking has increased and is much quicker now.

Pros: Pretty easy to navigate, help tools and online support is good.

Cons: Onboarding is slowed down by having to completely refresh an employee to add 2nd and 3 layer data. We onboard heavily over 3 months, so that time delay is significant.
WE are westcoast and the support team are east coast, so not much effective support after 3pm really.
Online file feeds to healthcare providers takes a VERY long time set up.

by APS on 21/08/2018

Thank you Inga for your honest review, we appreciate your feedback. We would love the opportunity to speak with you one on one and discuss the issues you are having. We've notified our Success Manager, April Remedies about your current experience with APS. If you would like to contact her directly, you may reach her at [email protected] or 318-213-3263.

Thanks again for your review,

• Reviewed on 17/08/2018
Douglas J.
Director of Budget & Finance
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2018

"APS has meet all our needs"

Pros: Customer support has been excellent. The software was already in place when I came and the customer support helped me through some gaps in training.
They were also helpful with solutions to some of our needs that are specific to Churches.

Cons: Needing to transmit payroll 2 days before pay date. I have been able to do it the day before with another vendor.

by APS on 31/08/2018

We appreciate your positive review, Doug! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback on submitting payroll. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Thanks,

• Reviewed on 29/08/2018
Anna M.
HR
51-200 Employees

"Fantastic Customer Support"

Pros: I love the easy and intuitive functions of this programs. The customer support is fantastic. I cant say enough about those the customer support. They are very quick to respond and very helpful as well. I have never had a problem getting in touch with anyone! Ever! I did a test group for them last year, when I sent in my recommendations for improvements, I really felt that they were listened to and taken seriously. They seem to be always trying to improve.

Cons: the only thing I could say is sending customized reports have given us trouble on the admin side, and the "clock out" "Log out" buttons being so close together has cause a few time issue we had to fix. Other than that, it has been wonderful.

Lee A.
Director of HR and Finance
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"Great Product"

Comments: APS has been great. It was a relatively painless switch and the customer service is top notch.

Pros: It made doing payroll a breeze. What used to take me hours, takes me minutes.

Cons: Some of the reporting features could be improved. Sometimes you need to combine multiple reports to get all of the info you need.

by APS on 20/11/2019

We appreciate your positive review, Lee! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019