QuickBooks Desktop Pro Reviews

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
    3.9 /5

About QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Accounting tool that provides multi-monitor support and past due stamps through improved cash flow.

Learn more about QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Showing 25 reviews of 1,240

Maaya Y.
Payroll Coordinator
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"Advanced Accounting Software"

Pros: As someone who used Quickbooks Online prior to using this version, Desktop Pro is definitely more advanced. It's user-friendly; however, it's a more established software so it's better for companies that's been open longer and has an accounting team. For startup businesses that's learning about accounting, I would recommend Quickbooks Online instead. If I were to compare this to photoshop softwares, it would be like Quickbooks Online is equivalent to Pixlr and Desktop Pro would be Adobe Photoshop. For companies with more than 50 people, I would highly recommend this software. It's a lot faster than QBO and more features.

Cons: There were some times where the serve had issues so we had to log out/in at the small business that I used to work at. But that happened every once in awhile.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Cathryn C.
Associate Director, Operations
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"Excellent Accounting Software for Small Business!"

Comments: My overall experience with QB is fantastic. I was lucky enough to have used it for many years and even learned to convert the Chart of Account structure in order to do business with the Government. Our control system plus the software enabled us to pass DCAA's accounting system audit to perform on CPFF contracts. We have also used data from QB and external reporting to submit Incurred Cost Submissions to varies Government agencies. Highly recommend to small businesses!

Pros: I used this software for over 20 years with several small businesses. I've used it daily for many years for all accounting cycles, such as AP, AR, GL, bank reconciliation, financial reporting, etc. I love its flexibility (mistakes can be easily fixed), complexity (can even accommodate DCAA compliance), intuitiveness (to me at least), and many report functions including drill downs. It also works very well with ICAT, so that QB data can be used to calculate indirect cost rates.

Cons: Cons are very few. Because I haven't been a daily user for a few years, a couple of issues I remember are:
1. Interfacing with a 3rd party payroll seems to not work well, we ended up having to make a large summarizing journal entry (however, this is not an issue at the current company b/c payroll is handled by Intuit).
2. Too few characters are allowed in the PO and Invoice Number field. Our bookkeeper still currently have to be creative in order to have everything fit.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2019
Visiting Lecturer
Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2019

"How Quick Book is useful for the Business as Stand Alone Accounting Software"

Comments: Our Company uses this software before we introduced ERP solution. So it was fantastic time that we have used this. The user training and customer support was very good and using this software requires simple understanding over the business functions such as Finance, Inventory,Purchases so on.

Pros: This is quite good and helpful stand alone accounting software for the small and medium size entities who is really looking for an accounting software for his company unless he does not have adequate resources to purchase total integrated ERP solution. This is user friendly and simple software which can easily use to its users after quick and simple training.

Cons: This software is not suitable for the businesses which are having complex business processes and specified business models so it is very least applicable for the same quite big and complex businesses.

• Reviewed on 12/01/2019
ASEA
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2019

"Easiest accounting software I've used"

Pros: I have used Quickbooks for 19 years for twelve different companies in various industries and with various needs. QB is always easy and intuitive from every aspect, from the initial set-up of the company file to the day-to-day transaction entries. You don't need to be an accounting genius with a perfect knowledge of debits and credits in order to understand how to enter your transactions in QB. I especially like the set-up tools that guide you during set-up of various things, like payroll items. It takes the stress out of things. I also really appreciate that whether you're a new user or an experienced user, mistakes happen, and QB makes it so easy to correct or delete any transactions that you entered incorrectly.

Cons: The only two cons I have found in my varied experience are: 1) QB does not track Use Tax, so you have to use roundabout ways to calculate and track that; and 2) if you live somewhere that Sales Tax is charged at the state level as well as at a county or city level, it can be tricky to get your sales tax properly set up and properly entered on your invoices. I have read that QB Online now offers better Sales Tax tracking, but I have no experience with that yet.

by Intuit on 07/03/2019

Thanks a ton for this wonderful review! I'm pleased to hear you've been a part of the QuickBooks family for over 19 years! It's great that the program has consistently delivered the tools you need to get the job done.

In regards to tracking taxes, I've submitted your review to our Product Development team. The consider feedback like yours when planning new features and updates.

In the meantime, should you ever need support or want to learn more about the program, know you can find a plethora of self-help resource online on our Community website: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

I hope you continue to find success using QuickBooks. Thank you again for reviewing!

Clay, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 01/03/2019
Mike H.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2017

"Quick Books Pro online is awesome, scalable for large and small organization"

Comments: Great value, when possible still work with a book keeper and accountant.

Pros: My business is only 2.5 years old and I have used QuickBooks from the beginning. I did my own accounting up to a few months ago as my business has grown and I don't have time to do it anymore myself. My experience with the desk top version 2015 was ok, but I wanted didn't fit my needs well as I traveled 90% of the time. When I subscribed to Quick Books Pro Online, my experience has been nothing but positive. The interface is easy to use, and its rich feature set allowed me to activate job costing features as I needed them. Now that we are in the 2 to 3 million range my book keeper and Accountant log in and use my same subscription. I save on accounting costs as I can pull my own reports which are easy to find and customize and do not need the Part time CFO(except quarterly) feedback as I can get it on my own. We will probably double or triple are gross sales next year and have no plans to change our accounting platform. Support comes free with the online version.

Cons: Subscription charges double your second year of using the product. The first year you get a bundled deal to experience all of the different pay services offered by Intuit. The first year is great, but after that it can get pricey. We aren't going to change accounting platforms, but for smaller companies, you will want to scale down to the minimum subscription amount to fit your needs.
You also have to buy checks directly from Intuit as they don't support third party cheaper check services(There are services you can print your bank information on the cheaper checks, but all come with set up fees).
Online App for your phone still needs work. For me this is the weakest link in Intuits online platform. It is getting better, but still not where it needs to be. You can add expenses now and also send invoices which are improvements, but still lacking,

• Reviewed on 07/06/2017
Murad A.
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Qb pro"

Comments: Using it for non profit.

Pros: Its user friendly. Extremely flexible with variety of industry specific reports. Each report is further customizable.

Cons: Does not print payment and receipt vouchers directly on customized formats. Instead third party app are required.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Paula C.
Controller
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2018

"Quickbooks Pro 18 continues to be the "can't be beat" competitor!"

Comments: QB really can't be beat for price, ease of use and functionality. As long as setup, routine maintenance and review of the system is done by a qualified financial person, the day-to-day input, invoice generation, etc. can be easily handled at the clerical/owner level. Of course, your QB expert/accountant should always be available to handle ad hoc issues that arise, as well as to oversee the system and review the output.

Pros: QB is an extremely powerful tool that can accommodate a wide range of organizations of various sizes, including not-for-profits. It is quick and easy to learn how to input data into the various modules. The bank reconciliation function is readily learned, even if the user doesn't actually know how to do a bank reconciliation. The inventory module, which is included in the basic package, works well for uncomplicated inventories. Invoices, journal entries, etc. can be "memorized" to enable quick recording of recurring transactions. Because QB is so prolific, many other applications interface directly (for example, banking), making QB use even easier and saving more time.

Cons: Beyond data input, standard entries and bank reconciliations, QB is best handled by an accountant who understands the ramifications of non-standard journal entries, voids, memorized transactions, etc. Because the software is so flexible, it is easy to delete and change transactions. Setup and maintenance should be done by a qualified accountant who is familiar with the intricacies of the system. QB likes to say that this software is user-friendly, and it is, to a point. Don't make the mistake of thinking that you won't need an accountant if you use QB (or any other accounting software, for that matter).

• Reviewed on 11/12/2018
Byron S.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2019

"Terrible Company"

Comments: Good up until they changed to become a pay to use company... AWFUL.

Pros: Ease of use, quality reporting and navigation...

Cons: We have used this company for more than 20 years, now they are a pay to use company... I HATE THIS COMPANY, it's all about the money now.. We are actively looking for a better solution at this point. We continue to have issues, they want you to call them every time you get locked out or theirs an issue with this crappy software... Terrible terrible company at this point.

by Intuit on 04/10/2019

Hello, Byron. We appreciate you being a longtime customer and taking the time to write this honest review. It's discouraging to hear your perspective has recently changed. We'd like to share some info in hopes you'll continue to count on us to assist you with all of your bookkeeping needs. When it comes to purchase prices, these are based on features and functionality included in each version of the software. As the product evolves and improves, modifications to billing and support are reflected in these changes as well. Instead of calling in, we invite you to email us at [email protected] We'd be glad to continue working with you there to resolve any issues you've seen in your account.

Wishing you continued success.
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 26/09/2019
Karen T.
Accounting Manager
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2017

"Overall I have had a great experience with QB over the years. Like anything there is always room for improvement"

Comments: Please look into fixing the 1099 piece of the software - this would be a great asset to an already great software. I would also love to get some training on the FA Manager, as I find it a little cumbersome to work.

Pros: I have used QB for 20+ yrs off and on at different clients and jobs, it is user friendly and easy to learn, which is great for startup companies. The option to export out data into excel and then customize the data as you want to view it or just export out the reports and put them to PDF and use them as your financials. I love how you can attach documents as well, comes in very handy when managing projects and contracts. When given the opportunity I always recommend it to others.

Cons: Like with everything there is always something that just does not work like you would want it to. My biggest complaint is with the 1099 process, it makes it very challenging - I recall back in the early days you were given the option to adjust the amount on a 1099, as I book JE's for accruals and those are picked up as payments and mess up the amount on 1099 to report. This really needs to be addressed and I cannot believe it has gone on this long. I usually have to get a software outside of QB to manage this piece, which is really unfortunate.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2017
Brian T.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2017

"QuickBooks Pro for Small Business"

Comments: The cost of QB Pro upgraded every 3 years. A very cost effective solution for a typical small business in need of basic accounting and financial management tools.

Pros: QuickBooks Pro can assist you in running your small business efficiently and effectively beyond basic financial management. Like any software tool, you will need to understand the capabilities of the tool to maximize the benefits. There are a lot of rich features in QB Pro that, when set-up properly, can tell you a lot about how well you business is operating. For the majority of small businesses, QB Pro is a sufficient and necessary tool of the business. As an industry leading software, there are many add-ons that can be acquired for specific purposes/needs.

Cons: QuickBooks Pro can unfortunately be established and managed by inexperienced and/or unknowledgeable people who can set-up the system wrong or make egregious mistakes. These mistakes can be difficult to find and resolve. The software is only as good as the people using it. The inventory system included with QB Pro is not very robust and only meant to serve as a very simple product structure. Naturally, the more complex your business becomes, the more complex your QB set-up becomes.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2017
Jimmy S.
Finance
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2018

"Ability to track finances ."

Comments: Track all our income and expenses in order to produce monthly financial statements, keep up on accounts receivable, keep track of accounts payable, etc.

Pros: Helpful to be able to use the "class" function to track multiple business lines in one P&L statement. The desktop version is so much better than the online version because you don't have to wait for the internet to load after every click (processes much faster) and you don't have to always be connected to the internet to use the software.

Cons: It feels somewhat archaic and doesn't have a sophisticated enough invoicing process for things like monthly contracts, etc. so I have to manually email hundreds of invoices a month.

by Intuit on 10/05/2018

I'm pleased to hear how the Desktop software is able to keep you on top of your finances, Jimmy. With time equaling money, I have some information that could save you some. In QuickBooks, you can setup what's called Memorized Transactions, meaning emails automatically sent for you. I have an article that goes over creating and modifying them: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1502201-create-and-modify-memorized-transactions. If there's anything you need, we're only a question away. Sean, The QuickBooks Team.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Pat A.
Marketing Mgr
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2018

"Some things are easy and others are frustrating"

Comments: All in all it's a good program but you really need someone you can call to set everything straight

Pros: If you are just dealing with entering customers, invoices, and bills it's easy but you get into payroll and paying your payroll taxes etc. it can get frustrating. For example, when I started working for this company I was told that Quickbooks would pay your payroll taxes. You just go in and click on the tax you want to pay and poof it's done. Nobody told me that there were taxes that were not on the Quickbooks list that you would have to go in and figure. There always seems to be something that pops up that we don't know how to take care of. So the solution is to find a good QuickBooks person that comes to your office and fixes your mistakes or shows you how to do something you are stuck on.

Cons: When you want to create something, say an invoice or something. There is not a lot of explanation on how and where to find the tools to allow you to move lines, create boxes for money and different things like that.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2018
Debra P.
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2020

"QuickBook User"

Comments: I have used QuickBooks since I took over this position and it was easy to learn and I haven't had any issues since.

Pros: Very easy to use. Like the reports you can get. Have had no issues. Like the top ribbon bar that you can customize to only put what you use on it.

Cons: Wish you could get a few more reports or customize some of the ones that are available. This software gives more options then I need but for anyone that uses more it would be nice.

by Intuit on 08/08/2020

It's a delight to hear that you're able to get the info you need and take care of your business within the product. The good news is, you have the ability to drill down the info you're wanting to view by customizing/filtering your reports. These two articles show how this can be done within both QuickBooks Online and Desktop.
QuickBooks Online: https://community.intuit.com/content/p_na_na_gl_cas_na_article:L0gKmSawG_US_en_US
QuickBooks Desktop: https://community.intuit.com/content/p_na_na_gl_cas_na_article:L1xfYg7Bv_US_en_US
Wishing you well during this time of uncertainty! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2020
Geraldine M.
bookkeeper
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"QB REVIEW"

Comments: Everything I do with QB is quite easy to work with and navigate thru

Pros: I use this program in day to day business. I use it mostly for keeping track of all jobs in progress by inputting invoices from vendors, paying vendors, invoicing customers and tracking all expenses.

Cons: i haven't come across any cons in what I do. However there are many functions that I never tried so I can't attest to all aspects. For instance, I do not do payroll thru QB. I have a separate company for that

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Leora C.
Accountant
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Customer Service has gone to nearly zero"

Comments: It works well most of the time but my gosh when we need help we need help! Perhaps they could offer a help desk and charge for the live person!

Pros: I have been using Quick books since they first came out with it. It used to be so great if you needed help you just called in and someone would know the answer and either have you fix it or they would get in your computer and do it. It was a fantastic service. It is fairly easy to learn.

Cons: NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT anymore. They say you can reach them 24/7 not true. Most of the time the f1 help button does not have the click to contact button enabled. No phone numbers to call a talk to a real person. I rarely have to have help but if I do its important and its not something that the BOT recognizes. I had to call through the sales department to beg for help and then I was routed to someone with little or no experience. She was completely unable to understand or help with the problem.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Brette W.
Owner/Chef
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"Reduce cost; increase efficiency"

Comments: QuickBooks helps me keep track not only of what I have paid but of what I need to pay. It also makes balancing to the bank statement a breeze.

Pros: I love that I don’t have to outsource simple things like payroll, expense reporting, preparation for taxtime, and more. I have always found the customer service to be very helpful and understanding. It is so easy to use-I have used it just. I love that I don’t have to outsource simple things like payroll, expense reporting, preparation for tax time, and more. I have always found the customer service to be very helpful and understanding. It is so easy to use- I have used it in my own business as well as when running a medical practice and found it and in valuable partner in both roles.

Cons: I have used it in my own business as well as when running a medical practice and found it and in valuable partner in both roles.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Chris F.
Dir Operations
Staffing & Recruiting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2019

"Love working in QuickBooks"

Comments: I wish there was a better onboarding process, to hold our hands a bit. But then again, the price doesn't really cover that, so I can't be too salty. But the day-to-day is excellent, and I have confidence we will continue to use the product for years to come.

Pros: The aesthetics, and all the views are frequently a great help when trying to organize and dive deeper into our finances. I like how everything links, and there is a decent amount of customizability.

Cons: Most of all, I wish there was an effective back button. Oftentimes if you click a link, there's no way to get back where you came from - your more like go "up" to the broader report to which you were taken.
The onboarding was also challenging, as I think it would be for most novices, because there are not good resources or support to help teach the tools embedded within QB.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2019
Darcy D.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2020

"Great Product!"

Comments: Excellent!

Pros: Everything about this software was well thought out when designed. It is easy to use and easy to get results needed for your business. Cannot say enough about how easy to use and sophisticated it is!

Cons: Cannot log on if away from the server.
(why we changed to online) But like both products but liked the ease of finding whatever you needed better on desktop.

by Intuit on 23/01/2020

Hi Darcy,

Thank you for the great review. A lot of effort when into developing our products, so it wonderful to hear you feel this way. With QuickBooks Online, it's easy to access your books no matter where business takes you. To help with the search function, we recommend checking out this article (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/customer-topics/search-for-transactions/00/186092).

Wishing you all the best,
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 21/01/2020
Cheri G.
Owner operator
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2019

"Quickbooks"

Pros: This software has allowed me to manage the books of my small business. Running payroll, and getting ready for tax season for the company has been such a pleasure because of quickbooks. I have tried to outsource payroll and each time I come back to quickbooks for its ease of use and productivity.

Cons: Some times I find there are too many options for reports.

by Intuit on 08/02/2019

Reviews like yours are what we strive for, Cheri, as it's affirming to know QuickBooks has always been able to provide your business the tools it needed to thrive. This also means being able to offer equally helpful resources whenever you have a question. For this reason, I encourage you to check out our Community page. This space holds a wealth of self-help articles covering a wide range of QuickBooks-related topics. You can start exploring what's available by following this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

QuickBooks is proud to be backing you, Cheri. Thank you for taking the time to review the program, by the way!

Clay, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 05/02/2019
G. fae M.
Finance Officer
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2020

"Takes the worry out of IRS problems"

Comments: I do payroll for about 60 employees normally although right now it is more like 40 because of cutbacks due to Covid-19. I keep all the income and expenses for both the church and the preschool facility and find QB's to be quite accurate. My end of the year tax information is very easy to do because of the software's capabilities. Reports are easy to provide in any specific request, such as certain months, years; or I am sometime requested to separate the data for the church versus the preschool and that is very easy to accomplish.

Pros: I really appreciate how accurate and up to date QB's keeps up to date with the changing of the government payroll, etc.

Cons: I can't think of anything I dislike since they have improved ease in reaching them for support. That was my beef because of being on hold for so long and now they will let you request for them to call you back.

• Reviewed on 01/12/2020
Albert H.
Treasurer
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"A Must Have For Every Organization"

Comments: I "live" in Quickbooks and Quicken and use them daily for my professional and personal finances. Quickbooks is invaluable for me as I need t stay on top of things regularly. The ability to see things real-time allows me to manage our finances much better and especially in our cash flow management. Without it, I'd be doing everything by hand and couldn't perform my duties as effectively.

Pros: I like the relative simplicity of being able to enter different information, e.g. invoices, receipts, ledger, and have it all flow through to the appropriate locations instantaneously. The ability to then see the effect of those changes immediately makes my job that much easier.

Cons: The interface for entering information or report parameters is a little klunky and could use an upgrade to something more streamlined.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Michael B.
Director IT
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Dinosaur on its Way to Fossil"

Pros: I am hard-pressed to find an enthusiastic pro that I can add here. After years of all the limitations, and looking at other products, can't really praise the beast.

Cons: This software is bloated and uses out of date technology. It's entire substructure is based on Internet Explorer technology. That's right...Internet Explorer. The only real "cloud" solution they offer is to pay (a lot of money) to a third party service to host a remote desktop solution. Companies have been limping along this way for years. Imagine being a Quickbooks consultant to many different clients, all with different databases. Management becomes untenable. Intuit, a giant company with boundless capital continues to build on this ancient technology. It should have started from the ground up to plan for concurrent technologies, but it opted not to do so. Here is an example that happened with our organization. We wanted to move from a local hosted sever instance to a cloud-based version. Quickbooks recommended that we go with Right Networks. Right Networks, but there are major limitations and it adds $4000 a year to the cost of using quickbooks as a solution. But when your controller travels to Equador or Peru, and they need to be able to work, it was our only option. Because Quickbooks has chosen to stick to relic technology, we have this unnecessary added expense. When we moved to the hosted solution, our Enterprise license should have given us Online Backup functionality. However, the hosted instance of Quickbooks kept prompting us to activate online backups. Over and over again. Because, it uses Internet Explorer skinned prompts, it would not allow us to move forward. Quickbooks was not able to assist because it was a hosted solution. At the time of this review, Right Networks was still publishing remote desktop sessions on Windows Server 2008 R2. It is almost 2019. They are using technology that is at least ten years old. Another limitation with Quick Books and Windows Remote Desktop hosted solutions is Microsoft does not allow competing remote disk technology to run on their servers. Some time ago, our company got rid of our file servers and we moved everything to Google Drive (the corporate version). It allows end users to have access to TERABYTES of shared team data without it taking up space on their local workstation. It has turned out to be a beautifully elegant solution. As an event management and production company, our end users are constantly managing receipts. Quickbooks has no way of "browsing" to Google Drive to attach a receipt to a Quickbooks transaction or invoice. And because there is not a true enterprise-class, truly cloud-based offering from Quickbooks, we are not allowed by Microsoft to integrate Google Team Drive into our Quickbooks solution. Effectively, Quickbooks is a true dinosaur well on its way to fossildom. Even outside of our specific "power-user" needs, I have other complaints. The invoice template design functionality is quite literally out of 1992. It is truly an inelegant solution that looks ancient from the moment you open it. Let's say you have 4 accounting assistants producing invoices. If user A created an invoice based on template number 2, then when users C, D and E go to create an invoice, then their template is defaulted to template number 2. This a user-experience headache. Quite often, invoices get generated with the wrong template because of this "feature". If you want to design branded email templates that get generated when sending an invoice, there is no way to customize the email unless you design the email template using Microsoft Outlook. So you are either bound to Microsoft Technologies, with its attendant costs from CALs, Service Licenses etc. Suddenly, owning Quickbooks becomes even more expensive. Because Inuit wants you to use their payment platform (for accepting cards), they do not allow many (if any) 3rd party payment processing platforms such as Authorize.net. Our company has negotiated an aggressive 10 cent per transaction fee with Authorize.net, and Quickbooks can't compete with that, so we cannot even accept payments directly through Quickbooks. If I were a new business looking for an accounting solution, I would tell them to run far away from Quickbooks. It is terribly outdated for a twenty-second century organization.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Socrates M.
Account Manager
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2018

"All small businesses should have this program"

Comments: The program has a few different package solutions but if you're already a full-scaled business or are managing a lot of inventory, other programs may be better suited. The reports are simple/basic but perfect for starter businesses. Again, if you're looking for reports on the strength of your business and those sort of analytical reports, instead of just a simple accounting solution, then other accounting softwares may be better.

Pros: It is incredibly intuitive so for small businesses getting started, it provides a quick and easy to use accounting solution to manage your business as a low cost.

Cons: It lacks on a logistical end. You can't add sku codes to your products so you're unable to track inventory in/out, which hurts most when there are issues with shipments to customers that you can't trace quick an easy enough to rectify. Customer support is great but sometimes a little difficult to get in touch with.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2018
Juan carlos B.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2018

"The program is a great program for any business. It is very robust with many options and features."

Pros: Has many options and features. It walks the less experienced opertor to walk through questions or ask for help and gets you through the program.

Cons: It might have too many features for an inexpirienced individual to deal with. After a few years the data file gets a bit large.

by Intuit on 22/05/2018

That's really great that QuickBooks was complex enough to handle your business needs, and intuitive enough to get you familiar with using the program. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how the software impacts your day to day. When you need a little extra help with your data file follow this link: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1502333-resolve-quickbooks-desktop-performance-issues-identify-types-of-performance-problems. Sean, The QuickBooks Team.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2018
Dolan M.
Data Entry
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2019

"My Love And Not Love Of this Software"

Pros: good program, Company files work properly and payroll works most of the time.

Cons: Intuit seems to like to BREAK things in the software on occasion, charge way too
much money. They if you call tech support with a problem they want to tell
you have many other problems to fix

by Intuit on 30/08/2019

It's nice to hear that you've found QuickBooks to be a good program and helpful with managing payroll, Dolan. Should you ever have a question about the software or need assistance, we invite you to visit our Community space. Here you can find helpful articles and post questions that are answered by fellow users and support agents: community.intuit.com

Thanks for the review!