About Remote

We're creating a new standard in global HR, enabling every business to access better payroll, tax, benefits and compliance solutions.

Learn more about Remote

Pros:

Overall the UI is really intuitive and easy to navigate. Very straightforward onboarding.

Cons:

Very unprofessional and poor customer service. Not included all countries included.

Remote ratings

4.6
4.6
4.5
4.3

8.9/10

Remote has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 21 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Remote before?

Ryan
Ryan
Technical Support in Sweden
Banking, 11-50 Employees

Good for Startups!

Pros:

Remote makes it easy to enrol new employees, contractors, and to manage employee/contractor expenses.

Cons:

The fact that they have switched health insurance providers. One reason we switched to Remote was that they used SafetyWing, however they have now moved to a more well-known brand, with a lower limit.

Peter
COO in Bulgaria
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

Great Service

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

[SENSITIVE CONTENT]service in assisting and onboarding.

Cons:

all good I like the service as a whole !

Alternatives Considered: Deel

Reasons for Switching to Remote: better introduction from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Deborah
C&B Manager in Portugal

Praise for Customer Support

Pros:

This review is for the members of the Customer Support team, especially Patricia, who helps ever so patiently through the processes of off boarding an individual. My thanks to everyone on the team that I have dealt with. Everyone is polite, helpful and genuinely interested in solving the problem.

Cons:

In this case I am not commenting on the Software therefore N/A

Anna
Recruiter in Germany

Great platform with amazing customer service!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I think what makes Remote special is a customer service. The representative of Remote for my company: [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is always very helpful, reachable and takes care of all the questions we have regarding the contracts, platform etc. I definitely recommend [SENSITIVE CONTENT] expertise to all the clients!

Cons:

The deadline to pay invoices - 1 week is very short to proceed all the documents internally.

Alternatives Considered: Deel, Globalization Partners, Oyster, Velocity, and Papaya Global

Anna
Office Manager in Poland

Hiring talent across the world made easy

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

It made our life easier. Thanks to Remote we have been able to hire talent from countries where we don't have presence in, offer compliant contracts and save time on payroll management. We also received support with tax and legal issues specific to different cases. Whoever we had a problem, the Remote team has gone above and beyond to find a solution.

Cons:

Because onboarding employees in every country depends on local regulations, it requires and a proactive approach from the person doing the enrollment and being in contact with the onboarding/happiness team.

Marie
Head of Finance in France
Mental Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Great experience

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Remote has been a very good partner in our process of worldwide remote onboarding. It made hiring so easy in different ways. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] our contact at Remote, has been very helpful and available since the very beginning. I love the simulator.

Cons:

I wish we had better known how things work in foreign countries (probationary period, notice period, etc), sometimes it's a surprise.

Alternatives Considered: Deel

Bernardo
Frontend Developer in Venezuela

The best tool for managing my invoices and getting paid

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: If it weren't for Remote, it would be impossible for me to have a remote job and get paid effectively. They are the most wonderful tool I've ever used for managing my invoices and getting paid.

Pros:

Is really easy to set up and use, and the process of getting paid is really quick. Their support team is also great, I'm in a country that is really hard to make business with, and Florian Prokosch had a personal meeting with me to help me sort out all the issues I was having.

Cons:

The process for me was a little harder than usual because I live in a country that is really hard to make business with. You can't use Box offices as a billing address, and that was also a little hard to solve, but their support team helped me with all of that.

Head of sales Northern Europe in Bulgaria
Internet, 11-50 Employees

I thought it was bad until we've switched to a competitor

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

- Overall the UI is really intuitive and easy to navigate - very straightforward onboarding - lots of good resources to assist with info on each country and their own regulations - easy way to submit expenses and a clear dashboard of where things are at.

Cons:

-they are a victim of their own success support takes ages to get back to you. -original bundles of benefits were somewhat dubious in the UK ( a no name pension provider and medical) -not really geared for contractors but more for remote employees

Kerry
Director of Human resources in UK
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

A great EoR

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience of working with Remote has been excellent. Our support, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], is responsive, supportive and extremely helpful and professional. A first class service!

Pros:

This software is easy to use, intuitive and the dashboard allows easy access to all services

Cons:

There is nothing I don't like about Remote.

Wiebke
Wiebke
Head of HR in Germany
Design, 51-200 Employees

Smooth collaboration and great customer support

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

The collaboration with remote is very smooth and helps our business a lot as it allows us to hire people globally. Our account manager, Florian, is super fast in responding, always friendly and helpful. The tool is easy to use, intuitive and has a modern design.

Cons:

It would be great if our HR admin tool Hibob and the remote software would synchronize automatically (vacation, change of master data etc).

Katie
Co-founder and COO in US
Industrial Automation, 11-50 Employees

Remote is fundamental to Phaidra

Comments: Remote enabled Phaidra to build a global company featuring incredible talent that sit at the intersection of industrials and AI - a rare and hard to find talent pool. We started with Remote when they were a start-up themselves, which meant we grew as a company as they did - and were able to share feedback and see the implementation of new features we requested. The collaboration with Remote continues to be awesome and we intend to have Remote as a strategic partner as we scale.

Pros:

Remote's software enables Phaidra to bring on new talent from almost anywhere in the world. Their support team is helpful and thoughtful in their communication.

Cons:

It would be great to have more transparency into what stage new employees are in during onboarding. Specifics (like if Remote sent the onboarding email, etc.) would be great!

Claudia
Head of Operations in Italy
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

Superior IP protection and customer experience

Comments: Extremely pleasant and smooth. They automate the onboarding process for employees so things that should feel very tedious and time consuming felt breezy and quick. Customer success team is a pleasure to work with and barely need their help given how straightforward their platform is.

Pros:

The determining factor for us was that we always felt they were more transparent in how they operate from a legal structure viewpoint, and we could trust our employees' intellectual property to be handled by them.

Cons:

I would like for them to introduce a 24/7 chat feature but they said they're working on it.

Jan-Pieter
Director in Netherlands
Information Services, 2-10 Employees

Excellent service

Comments: Extremely positive, we will use Remote for any non-local hire guaranteed and am a big fan.

Pros:

- Great service, great team, really assisted us in making our employee feel welcomed, appreciated and generally just a great choice. - Flexible to adjust to our rhythms and schedules and making sure to get out of our way while providing the service

Cons:

- The different payments per region are somewhat difficult to get into, this could be a little clearer / potentially shown in the interface.

Caitiona
CFO in Ireland

Great platform & Service

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Service and support throughout sale, implementation and onboarding was patient and efficient. Our AE [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was knowledgeable and thorough throughout and continues to provide excellent service.

Pros:

Easy to use. Clean process for onboarding.

Cons:

The layout is not very intuitive initially however it is overcome.

Lauren
Founder Associate in France

Great support and easy to use

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

We've been working with Remote for almost a year now and had a great experience, especially with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who has always been available to help us when needed.

Cons:

n/a

shiyu
HR intern in Germany

customer-oriented, easy to start

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: eg. what are the possibilities for global hiring activities

Pros:

our company recently started to use the remote platform, a very nice tool, and helpful, especially for global recruiting. The support team is really great, fast respond and professional, especially[SENSITIVE CONTENT], who always provides the best service for us in every way possible.

Cons:

no at the moment. just started use it. maybe later will find out?

Lynette
Legal and Compliance Manager in Croatia

Good overall Product

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Employee profiles and data management - Customer support has been key to the successful use of the software. Our account manager is Florian Prokosch and he has supported us throughout and continues to do so. Very happy with the support provided and ease with which queries and clarified.

Cons:

The initial set up and understanding the cost of an employee to our company as an employer can be tricky.

Emily
Head of finance and operations in UK
Public Relations & Communications, 11-50 Employees

Great service - would highly recommend Remote

Comments: Remote has allowed us to solve our employment needs in markets in which we don’t currently have a legal entity in place. It’s allowed us to access amazing talent who are based all around the world.

Pros:

Easy to use, user friendly, integration to existing business processes were easy enough

Cons:

Nothing! An option to make payments of invoices directly in the employer portal would be useful.

Thomas
CEO in Romania
Computer Games, 11-50 Employees

Great service

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

The service is lighting fast, and always very welcoming. Big thanks to Florian for being so patient with us!

Cons:

Not being able to sponsor green cards is a bit of an issue when hiring in the states. We did get tons of help with this though, so it's not really a con with remote, but rather the US immigration system.

Nienke
Manager PBP Team EMEA in Netherlands
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Implementation is so easy

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

We are super happy using Remote. The integration was so easy and the service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was excellent. Both were very professional and helpful throughout the whole process from start to finish.

Cons:

nothing, I am happy with the product and service

Abu
CEO in US

Very unprofessional and poor customer service.

Comments: Scheduled a meeting with the remote team and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at remote.com but they cancelled my meeting without any attempt to reschedule nor stating the reason for the cancellation. I was not using Gmail or any other account, I was using my corporate email address. Very unprofessional and poor customer service.

Pros:

good platform great price 1 remote employee free

Cons:

Very unprofessional and poor customer service Not included all countries included