• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5

About Trello

A visual collaboration tool that creates a shared perspective for your team on any project in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.

Learn more about Trello

Showing 19,258 reviews

Chaya W.
Trainee Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"Trello - Managing projects sophisticatedly"

Comments: Trello is becoming one of the most popular project management tools with its facilities like file uploading , adding due dates, color labels . Also Trello can be used with many devices like phones , computers or tablets. These facilities have attracted the users and it has become more popular among the users.

Pros: Trello is a one of the most popular web based project management tool used in these days. Because of its attractive visual and high adaptability it has become more and more popular. Through Trello people wo are scattered on different geographical areas yet working on the same project can get together and continue their work without any obstacles. The application provides the ability to transfer files among the team members and users can put cards to mark the work to do. Also each card is assigned a color label according to the priority of each task. Because of the colored label facility users may not miss dead lines. When a card is created user is given a chance to add due date . When the time is close color of the card turns in to yellow and once the date is passed it will automatically turn in to red. This method helps the user not to miss the dead lines. Also Trello can be used on many platforms like computers , tablets and even on the phones.

Cons: In order to use Trello users need to have a proper internet connection. Without a proper network connection users cannot use the application. Trello is more suitable for simple projects with in a small scale. It is not suitable for big projects with many teams . Users can only upload files up to 10MB for each attachment. Files bigger than 10MB cannot be upload if you are a basic member. Only business class and gold members can attach files up to 250MB.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Jakob B.
International Development Manager
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Simple but gets the job done"

Comments: I am pleased with using Trello. Being able to track various projects and manage information individually.
The free tier works well for almost everything, which is great for the average user, and a bummer for Trello's bottom line. If you are working with a team or need to share information with others, Asana is probably a better choice.

Pros: Base product of organizing information in to kanban boards works great. Trello is reliable, and rarely crashes. It is easy to get information in to different boards and track various states using the kanban approach to information.

Cons: Trello's simplicity is also a limiting factor. You need to start bolting on various power ups or 3rd party integrations to transform the application to a power user state. While some power ups work well, others are very buggy.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2021
Beth S.
Administrator
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2020

"Fantastic software for project tracking"

Comments: We use trello to track the status of tax returns (from the moment we remind clients to send us stuff to when it is accepted by the IRS), to track the status of potential clients, and also to keep lists of procedures by type (Accounting, Bookkeeping, sales tax, etc)

Pros: My most favorite thing is the Kanban Board view and labels. They make it so easy to track where projects are so multiple people working on something can see what needs to be done vs. what is already done and who is working on it! It is incredibly user friendly whether you're on a computer, a phone, or even using the app! I like that we can attached files not only from our devices but also from Google Drive. Finally, the price is really inexpensive, so when we add someone to our team we don't have to decide if it's worth it to add them!

Cons: The only thing it really seems to be missing is having the gmail thread as part of trello, instead of having to pay for a third party add-on. We'd also like the ability to export a board+lists to excel.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2020
Dushyant P.
Engineer
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2021

"Easy to use, one size fits all"

Comments: The most important part of a productivity tool is that it should help you save time. Trello lets you do that, by focusing on core functionalities in the simplest way possible, without going out of its way to overburden you with features. The UI, while slightly old, is blazing fast, minimalist and intuitive. It can be used by organizations to manage team projects, and individuals for their own tasks management.

Pros: - Extremely intuitive and easy to use
- Blazing fast
- Notifications are clear and easy to customize
- Rich set of templates
- Easy adding/managing members
- Easy to manage multiple boards/organizations

Cons: - UI is a lil outdated - can be done better
- Powerups are pretty limited in the free version - could be upgraded
- Note taking feature could be implemented

• Reviewed on 09/02/2021
Kim F.
Digital Design & Strategy Consultant
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2020

"Hello Trello ­čĹő"

Pros: Trello is really the best, inexpensive project management tool you could ask for. Edits happen in real- time. Assigning team members and due dates are simple with the Kanban cards and Planyway calendar. In- platform reminders work flawlessly. Teaching project progress is easy for simple projects.

Cons: The one main drawback would be that there are a lot of plugins available to make more features and apps available (calendars, etc. ). This can be good, but sometimes can take you a little off course, since you have to generally leave the main Trello board and experience to access the extension features. It would be fantastic if more of the extension features were just built into the platform itself. This next part isn't so much a negative, but more of a heads-up as you start getting into complex projects with more moving parts. Unless you upgrade to a heavier duty business plan, tracking milestones for each card is tough. Example: your project has 3 parts. Each part requires 2 people to do 3 tasks each. Without the paid plan, it's tough to track who's assigned to which specific step for which specific due date without creating a separate card for each task. To assign due dates to each, you're now looking at tracking progress across 18 individual cards on the free plan. You can use a checklist, but can't assign due dates to the individual milestones/ tasks unless you're on the free plan. They have to make money (I fully get and support that!). Just know that as your projects grow in complexity, the amount you have to spend may grow with it. Not always, but sometimes. With that said, they are still the cheapest, somewhat full-featured project management tool that you can jump right into and begin using.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2020
Rajesh C.
Co-Founder
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2020

"Task Management is now in your finger tip"

Comments: Back in the day, when we used to write down our tasks in a diary and notebook which was so much analog and difficult to manage. But, in this modern world, when technology is developed and came to its peak, we should not struggle with our task management. Trust me; Trello makes task management easier than ever. Now, you can track all of the tasks of your boards or projects. When it comes to my personal opinion, I will always give a higher rating to this innovative software as it makes my work-life so convenient and easier.

Pros: There is no denying the fact that Trello is so much impressive when it comes to managing your tasks. Trello makes my work life easier. The most impactful feature of this software that I found helpful is I can organize my tasks into several categories. For example, now I know what task is not completed yet, what I am doing, and what I already have completed. Even I can track my completed tasks to follow up further if I have to do that. Trello is so much easy to use. The templates are so much user-friendly. You can even tag your co-workers and when it comes to monitoring the tasks, it becomes so much easier. Another impressive feature I like about this software is I can attach necessary documents to make the task presentable and easy to understand to everyone.

Cons: First of all, Trello has great room to develop in its storage options. Besides, I found there is a good limitation in using keyboard shortcuts. On top of that sometimes managing too many tasks become so hectic. Currently, tasks are allocated to only one project or board. I think they should also improve the overall co-ordination option between different boards.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2020
Lohany B.
Municipal Articulator
Government Relations, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2020

"meeting the trello"

Comments: Trello allowed me to create a more organized schedule, especially with projects that had no specific date to do any activity, so it made my life a lot easier, for example: before using Trello I made lists of what I had to do during the week and day , and whenever I couldn't do a task I had to copy it back to the next list of the following week, erasing everything, with Trello I no longer have this problem I managed to optimize my time because now with Trello I look at all my projects I see which ones are the next actions to be done on the list, and the notifications with reminders that I post always appear, and when I finish the task I mark it and it turns green, and the ones in red are the ones I still have to do, so my conclusion about Trello is that I still intend to continue using this application, I think it fulfills its function very well.

Pros: the cool thing about Trello is that as soon as you download it to your device, it comes with a welcome board that shows what you can do with the trello app, at first glance, it has a presentation card where you click and can make a description of the card or add a comment, add images, add a link, create checklists, tags, you can create as many lists as you want, file a card, all this the app will teach you, it is very good for managing projects , it is very practical, so it is not an application so difficult to learn to handle because it is very visual, another advantage is the integration of trello with various platforms, for example, windows, ios, so that there is no difficulty of access through another browser, even if it is not installed on your device, you can access and manipulate it without having to download it.

Cons: the only disadvantage i've seen so far is that i didn't learn how to create teams in the app just to be able to create on the computer on the site, so when i click add, i can only add a new board and select which team i'll put, but so far i don't know how to add a new team, I don't know if it's not possible or if it's my mistake, another disadvantage is the number of limited power-ups that are offered in the free version, so I can only add a power-up and if I want to put dropbox and Evernote I can't, but it's fair, it's an application that has a commercial version so if you want to use more tools I think it's fair to pay for them, as it is useful for several companies.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2020
Abby B.
Web Designer, Small Business Owner
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2020

"Outstanding project collaboration, especially for free"

Comments: As a web designer and marketer, I use Trello for project management, to collaborate with clients and keep them up-to-date on their project. I also use is to assign them "homework", list due dates and checklists of what I need from them.
I work with mostly other solo business owners, but sometimes have a client with multiple hands in the pot. Trello has worked very well for either scenario.

Pros: There's so much you can do with the free version, I still can't believe they're offering it for free. They've made constant improvements with adding things like assigning a person and a date. Just with the color-coding of cards alone, there's so much you can do with it.

Cons: There's really nothing else out there like it, other than putting sticky notes up on a wall. There's no other SaaS like it. So getting started out, it's a little hard to explain to people, but once they're in there, I haven't had any clients get confused; it's quite intuitive.
I wish you could customize the layout a little more - like have sub cards, or make columns smaller. I also wish there was a way to move Comments to a sideboard, or to another card. Cards end up getting congested and makes it hard to find pertinent information.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2020
Maria D.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2020

"Great product for the price"

Comments: Overall, I'd recommend this product to anyone who is looking to get started on simple task tracking, especially within a team. Hoping the product will release more features, like the ones mentioned above.

Pros: I love Trello's clean and customizable UI. It makes it easy for me to track tasks and to add as many columns to indicate a task's status as needed.

Cons: Lack of features that could immensely improve the product, such as time tracking for individual projects and increased ability to collaborate with other users. Some features I wish it included are: calendar view to see deadlines for specific tasks, and dates added to comments so updates can be tracked.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2020
Sandra D.
DE
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2020

"Trello to Organize Nonprofit Volunteers"

Comments: Trello runs my life. I use it to create and exicute plans, events, and campaigns with volunteers and venders. What I like best about Trello is the ability to automate and link with other software like my email and calendar.

Pros: Use Trello in my daily planning but I also used it to help my volunteers. The typical way for an entry-level volunteer to get information and learn how to do their job is with a 200+ page guidebook. That is not an easy sell for most brand new first-time volunteers. So I broke down the guidebook using Trello to make starting out simple. "Here is what you need to do and the tools you need to do it," on each card. I love that it lets me have links and attachments so everything my people need is at their fingertips and it is searchable.

Cons: Trello is intimidating at first. I love using it and I have taught a dozen people how to use it. They are all overwhelmed at first. But over an hour or so they get the hang of it and really start to enjoy using the system.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2020
Laura P.
Founder & Owner
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2020

"From sceptic to devotee!"

Comments: I use Trello for a wide range of things in my business. Monthly tasks, Sales tracking, production of my YouTube channel, and on and on.

Pros: I was hearing things about Trello for a long time before I decided to take the plunge. When I did, I haven't looked back. Trello is, for me, where all of the moving parts of my business come together. It's the easiest way to delegate a clear set of tasks to virtual freelancers as well. If you want your business to grow faster without micro-management then this is absolutely the tool for you!

Cons: I have run into trello difficulties when starting some new tasks off in there. I would love some kind of clever template option that gives me alternative ways to use trello depending on what I want to track and manage. Sales funnels are very different to running the production of my YouTube Channel for instance. I've had to do some trial and error which took a bit of time up.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2020
Angelo D.
Software engineer
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2020

"Amazing for managing projects and teams"

Comments: Overall I used it for 2yrs for work and keeping track of my personal stuff as well. If you want something easy to use and simple and be up and running quick use trello.

Pros: I liked how easy it was to use the product and get up and running. The plugins for github let me track all the pull requests and repos of students to see progress on coding projects.

Cons: Github is amazing but they need to add more useful plugins like that and it would be top notch.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2020
Rob H.
Designer - Owner
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"Trello keeps projects centralized and organized."

Comments: The most significant problem I solved with Trello is consolidation. Projects with a lot of managers can get out of control very quickly. One person will say, "I sent that email a week ago." Another will say, "I put that on Dropbox yesterday." In short time, there are multiple areas that contain the important documents and info and it becomes very tedious to find and consolidate it all. I have my clients "only" send me info via Trello. That way, everything is in one place. And, if they make a mess or place things in the wrong place, Trello is easy to reorganize and cleanup. I can manage the entire project in one place and now nothing is lost or missed or misplaced.

Pros: Trello is easy to use, fast and accessible. It also provides a good "overview at a glance" as to how a project is progressing, what needs attention and what can be left alone for now. I like the ability to "drag and drop" images and text into it. It makes it fast to share when you have another browser open and are researching. I also like the ability to place labels on the stacks of cards. Many of my clients don't take the time to really get into Trello and read everything I post there. They are in a hurry and just want what's required. I can place labels, say for instance, "Needs Feedback", on a stack and they just get used to looking for that so they can respond. It's also great for collaborating in real-time as I'm on the phone with someone. It's accessible from any web enabled device so I can view it and or work on it from anywhere.

Cons: The only thing I wish Trello had was the ability to "markup." I'd like to be able to draw or make pointers on images that are posted. Other than that, I don't know what else I'd change.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2020

"Great Way to keep track of projects in a virtual team"

Comments: Like any tool, the crux of the matter is wether you can get your team to adopt it and use it, rather than just keep plowing along with email. But my experience has been that the visual way that you can get a lot of information represented with one glance and the flexibility of how you do this, combined with the notifications (email, computer, mobile apps) makes it far superior to email and my team has realized this.

Pros: This visual way this represents information and the flexibility in how this information is represented on the 'board' and within each 'card' makes this an invaluable tool for our virtual team.
I like most that this software gives you a visual representation of your work. You can see at a glance where things are at. We use it for client projects with multiple milestones to see where we are in each of the cases. The "cards" let you add all types of information in a facebook like feed: documents, photos and scans, notes, you can have discussions here. You can also add deadlines to a card, which will remind you at the set time on your desktop or phone. (apps for all major platforms are available). Notifications also get sent to your email if you so desire.
I also really like that once you have written a checklist, and you create a new card you can easily use the former checklist as a template for the new card. This means we can make our SOP's into checklists and maintain these so all people who work on a project use the same standardized measurements of the progress on a project.

Cons: The way usernames are created seems a bit random. For example my colleage, lets call him "Frank Michaels" gets a username assigned that looks like this @frankmich2453 - when I want to address him (tag him) in a conversation to ensure he gets an altert that this is something he needs to look at, this weird, random username gets used. Its not really an issue with functionality as much as aestetics and defintely not a deal breaker.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2020
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2020

"The perfect tool to follow up team tasks and projects"

Comments: The main use of Trello is the team follow up by following the tasks, the due date and the projects.
This is the best tool to work together within a team and to keep all tasks organized and well assigned.
Coupled to Microsoft Outlook, Teams and Project, it is the best combination to manage a team and big projects.

Pros: Trello is very easy to understand and to use.
The dashboard is very clean and easily useable.
There are very high quality features such us assigning tasks to team, with due dates, with priority levels, ...
Trello can be integrated to other softwares such us Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams.
We also set up a ticketing tool to solve all customer requests and bug reports.

Cons: Nothing I really didn't like about Trello...
Maybe be one thing could be improved : it is the history of the actions done on the task and tiles. At the moment, the history is too loaded and sometimes it is not easy to find the most important actions done.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2020
Khaled H.
Business Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2019

"From team-management to project organization!"

Comments: This software has allowed us to manage internal projects, work with consultants and external hires / outsourcing, hold team members accountable for goals, timelines, and long-term KPI's. It gives the freedom to managers to micro and/or macro-manage depending on their style.

Pros: Trello is one of those tools that is perfect for all user levels. For those just starting out, it's easy to organize anything in your life, from wedding planning, to family budgeting, to project management to research organization. For power users, you get the advantage of a plethora of tools and shortcuts that make project management a breeze.

Cons: Sometimes the platform is a little slow when jumping back and forth between different boards... but honestly it's nothing prohibitive. It may also be the shear number of boards, lists, and tickets that our team has using the free tier.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2019
Lisa C.
Freelance Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2019

"Amazing software!"

Comments: Excellent. Most people I know who have started using this software, myself included, quickly find that it is very useful in improving productivity and reducing stress. After using it for work I liked it so much that I now use it regularly in my personal life as well.

Pros: The learning curve is very small. The visual style is super helpful in managing projects. The amount of added features is vast and growing all the time. It feels very lightweight and easy/quick to navigate across multiple platforms and devices.

Cons: Would like to have swim lanes be an option. The recently updated reminder feature is nice, but I would like fully-customizable reminder options. Would be great to have a feature where if you mark a task as complete it can automatically be moved to a "Completed" column.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2019
John B.
Senior Program Manager
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Very user-friendly tool that improves project management!"

Comments: Our group began using Trello to replace spreadsheets for project tracking and the results have been amazing. With Trello, we can quickly navigate through multiple projects and also get an immediate, visual sense of the overall project status. Creating cards (a.k.a. "stories," "tasks," etc.) is very easy and includes extensive customization options. Notifications for any project updates can be delivered via email, desktop or push (iOS) and the frequency can be adjusted. Trello also utilizes what they call "Power-Ups" for integration with a variety of other 3rd party solutions. The Google Drive "Power-Up" has been especially useful as it allows us to attach files to cards directly from Google Drive. With an emphasis on security, Trello also includes session tracking and offers two-factor authentication for all price tiers. With a clean UI and very intuitive functions, Trello provides a great user experience.

Pros: - Creating cards (a.k.a. "stories," "tasks," etc.) is very intuitive
- Cards have an option to include a "Checklist" to easily track sub-tasks
- Function to "Copy" a card makes creating multiple cards quick and easy
- Clicking on your profile image displays a list of all cards currently assigned to you
- Menu includes an "Activity" section with a snapshot of all recent changes or updates
- Status "Lists" (columns) are completely customizable including quantity and titles
- Search function includes default options to quickly search by due date
- Option to pin the "Boards" list on the left side provides easy access to multiple boards
- Simple and easy integration with other tools such as Google Drive via "Power-Ups"
- Custom background images can be uploaded and set for each board
- Two-factor authentication is included in all price tiers
- Free version includes unlimited personal Boards and up to 10 team boards
- Extremely clean UI with a very nice overall look & feel
- Mobile app is extremely user-friendly and always in-sync

Cons: - Usernames apparently need to be globally unique across all of Trello (no one on my team was using "john" but I still got an error message that the "Username is taken")
- Clearing (or "marking read") notifications on the mobile app is a little confusing

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Kathleen C.
Marketing Director
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"Easy and Effective Project Management"

Comments: When I travel and I have on-going projects in the office, Trello makes it easier for me to be aware of progress or problems. I get notifications on my phone when a team members adds to a project or task -- I can easily check it out and not get bogged down in an endless email trail! Overall, IO really enjoy using Trello and recommend it often. There are a lot of uses in addition to project management. I have a board for collecting and organizing recipes! So I use Trello for both work and personal use.

Pros: I use Trello to manage projects in a very busy marketing office. The ability to easily assign tasks, see progress and have all of this shared by a group is tremendously helpful. The simplicity of the user interface is great, along with the playfulness of the app -- from helpful hints from Taco to the "wiggle" of moving a task from In Progress to Done! And, of course this is all available on desktop and mobile devices. Two other handy features I use frequently are: creating a a card from a webpage via a bookmark and the "send to" on by mobile devices.

Cons: Because the software is so easy to use, I had the tendency to create a too many Boards and suddenly it was taking more time to organize all the various boards and lists I had created. But, taking a breath and thinking a bit more BEFORE setting up a project, made everything fall back into an orderly layout!

• Reviewed on 20/09/2019
Cory S.
Web Content Developer
Writing & Editing, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Effective organization through limited options"

Comments: On an individual level, Trello is a great organization and task-tracking tool. It also works well for content deployment planning, and for smaller team collaboration. It is difficult to scale to larger teams or departments.

Pros: Trello is extremely intuitive and easy to use. The creation and sharing of multiple workspaces also allows for easy communication and interaction with all members of an individual team. The small amount of features (in the free or lower price-tier options) works as a benefit to its ease of use.

Cons: It is not as fully featured as other project and task management options. Depending on your team's specific use case, these limitations may act as barriers for what could be easily achievable using other systems.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Matt T.
Director of Information Systems
Printing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2019

"More than just virtual sticky notes, a great way to manage To Dos."

Comments: I have used Trello for many years for managing projects and To-Dos for IT scrum processes, and I honestly don't know what I would do without it - it really does help keep everything organized and running smoothly.

Pros: We use Trello for managing our software development in a Scrum workflow. We have separate boards for backlog items, current sprint items, and completed items. We utilize the scrum for trello add-on that gives us the ability to add estimates and actual work time spent on each card. This gives us a simple list of items to manage that Trello makes very easy to move around. It is hard to explain exactly how great this makes managing the workflow, but it is all centered around how easy Trello makes it to use their software. You can litterally just click into an item and start typing and then click to drag and drop that item around. The super simple interface that eliminates the need for training on the tool is what is really great about it. Keeping the interface simple and easy to use builds instant adoption from users across the organization. To top it off, the free version of this software is very functional - eventually you will want to purchase for extra features like active directory integration, but it is great that they let you use a very functional feature rich version of the software at no cost for an indefinite amount of time.

Cons: My only complaint, and this is more of a feature request than a complaint is when you have a large number of cards it would be nice to group cards and be able to view or manage cards in a group. Sometimes we have several items that are tied to an epic, and when something changes related to that epic you need to visit and update each card. We keep track of these with careful naming of the cards that includes the epic name, but it would be nice to have a more integrated way of managing these groups of cards.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Katie D.
Project Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2018

"Perfect for Project Management"

Comments: Trello has really helped my company keep projects and design requests organized. We are able to connect directly with our graphic designer and collaborate with team members even when we aren't in the office. It's been simple for new users to learn so we don't have to take extra time out of our schedules to train and learn. It also helps with the communication throughout our design team and revising designs and projects as we go.

Pros: I love how easy it is to use this software. Everything stays organized on individual cards and can be sorted into different boards. It helps our different teams and graphic designer keep track of different projects and the progress of each one. Unless purposely deleted, everything stays put. I've been able to scroll back through different projects over 2+ years and find exactly what I'm looking for. The search option is amazing. If I'm looking for a project but can't remember exactly what the project was titled, I can do the keyword search. So if I'm looking for a specific shirt design, I can put in keywords that I know were used for that project, and get a list of projects with that keyword. Simple, but so helpful. Trello is so easy to use! It only took me a few minutes to get the hang of it and I felt like a pro right away. So many of my coworkers find it incredibly easy to use as well. Because of this, it helps save us time training people and taking away fro other projects they are involved in.

Cons: After approximately 2 years of use, I cannot find any negatives to this software. Sometimes it is overwhelming having multiple projects going at once and having so many notifications to sort through, but that isn't a negative of the software itself- just a reflection of how busy things can get!

• Reviewed on 13/11/2018
Eyamir U.
university professor
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2018

"Excellent free tool for the control of projects, tasks among others, organizational and personal"

Comments: Excellent tool that allows me to take control of my personal tasks, the university and independent projects in a simple way, for example has allowed me, together with my students, to take control of each phase of the development of the systems to evaluate in class, step step by step and in that way to take better control and that each group does not consent to the status of each of their tasks to be performed. It has also facilitated the development of projects with colleagues who are physically at a distance so that in this way we can keep track of the tasks assigned to each member and the state in which they are located....

Pros: Excellent free tool for the control of projects, tasks among others, organizational and personal. What I like the most is its simple organization that allows creating boards, in which you can create different lists, and within these lists, cards. These cards change the list as they are made or pass through different lists: Tasks, in process and finished. The cards support everything: any type of documentation, images, videos, lists, comments, etc., so they also serve as an instrument of communication in working groups, about a certain topic. Tags help you organize tasks taking into account the location and / or the type of activity. For example: home, work, phone call, errands ... You can manage from an organizational project and invite employees to simple tasks, such as tasks to perform on a normal day in your home. and you can have your notifications directly in your email or cell phone, since it has an application that you can use in Android and IOS. The application allows you to organize your tasks in separate projects or folders. You can also customize the appearance of the application, for example, by choosing a different color theme. The application allows you to mark the status of your tasks; as: "active", "postponed", "completed", etc. and the best The best of all, is that you do not have to erase anything. When you want to clean up your tasks, you just have to archive them and they disappear. At any time you can see all the archived items, and make searches. Also ap

Cons: It does not allow to create repetitive work lists to be able to do "cycles" of tasks (For example: X tasks every Monday, or the repetitive tasks of each beginning of the month).

• Reviewed on 19/06/2018
Edith W.
Visual Designer
Design
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2018

"Trello is a great tool for project management"

Comments: Easy day-to-day task and project management, which simplifies and reduces my emails and streamlines my work and communication process.

Pros: My company has been using Trello as our sole tool to manage day-to-day tasks and projects. We are a small team of 5, and Trello helps us communicate amongst one another across hundreds of different projects and thousands of tasks. We often invite our clients to join their own board and collaborate with us in that way, instead of working with email threads that are impossible to keep track of. We use the free version of the software, and have tons of information on many boards - there appears to be no limit, which is an absolutely amazing feature to offer for free. Most software that is this great, is limited in some way, shape or form. I have yet to find a limiting factor that prevents us from using Trello to it's full capabilities in our office. I love that you can keep all information relevant to a specific task on one card - attachments, due dates, comments - everything you need to remind yourself what needs to be done and where you are with that particular task. I also love that you can change the backgrounds of each board.

Cons: I honestly cannot think of something I do not like about the software at this point in time. Even the free version has very little that can be criticised. I would love the ability to easily switch between accounts, I have a personal account as well as one for work - currently one needs to log out and log back (sometimes log out of Google and back in), which could probably be streamlined a bit more.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2018
Jack P.
Director of Support
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2018

"Trello has positively impacted my life, both professionally and personally! It's an incredible tool!"

Pros: It helps with organizing, simplifying and streamlining projects like few other software tools can! There are so many dimensions of utility built into Trello, that it is difficult to even cover all of them when describing it to others. To track tasks, projects, etc. in practical and well structured ways is easy with this software, which allows for collaborating, checklisting, deadline approachment, and many more methods of keeping a project or task list under complete control. The ability to modify is vast, with cards, lists and labels. And the usage of "power-ups" (add-ons, essentially) allow you to sync Trello to other apps that can add even more depth to your level of control and management, which equates to less time spent hacking away over common project pitfalls like scope-creep, redundancy, fruitless circular communications, etc. and more time being productive! And it is well managed by its developers, also. Ongoing enhancements make it an ever evolving (in a good way) power tool for businesses and individuals really wanting to optimize their productive workflow. This is my favorite software application of all times, so far.

Cons: There are only some very small aspects of Trello I might classify as "cons" but not anything about it that is road-blocking or should be eliminated. For instance, it would be nice (my team and I have discovered) to have a card count feature in the top/heading of each list (column) of cards on the board. The absence of such isn't actually a negative trait, but the addition of such would certainly make the software even more useful than it presently is. That's as close to a "con" as I can think of.

• Reviewed on 04/05/2018