• Overall
    4.8/5
    4.8/5

About Gmail

Cloud-based solution that enables businesses to send, receive, organize, translate and schedule emails across multiple user accounts.

Learn more about Gmail

Showing 2,551 reviews

Sejal S.
Software Engineer
Banking, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2020

"Gmail Review about the folders"

Comments: It is good but they have a huge competition with icloud from Apple.

Pros: The best part is that the most important emails are in my primary inbox, and the rest of them go into updates or promotions.

Cons: When I am waiting for an email and it is in updates or any folder but primary. Make your system stronger to categorize emails. One time I was waiting on an email from my job which was due in 48 hours but it was shifted to updates instead of primary and I did not receive the email.

• Reviewed on 08/06/2020
Jules M.
Realtor
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2020

"Strong email platform with exceptional integrations"

Comments: find GMAIL to be overwhelmingly easy to use, well designed and thoughtful. It's an excellent mail client and I've been very happy. I also like the the suite of programs that are all available - for free- when you open a gmail account. They all work really easily together.

Pros: The best feature is the fact that GMAIL is overwhelmingly easy to use, both as a standalone email client and as a full suite of programs that are all available - for free- when you open a Gmail account. They all work really easily together. I didn't anticipate using Google Drive when I began using GMAIL, but soon, I couldn't remember a time when I didn't utilize it. All in all, the software is very well designed, user friendly, and intuitive.

Cons: One area where I think Google could improve GMAIL is with the functionality for Label and Move. Many times, I have carefully selected dozens (or even hundreds) of individual emails, and then attempted to Move them to a folder, only to realize I've selected Label instead. At this point, all emails have been (incorrectly) labeled, and worse, all have now been deselected.
At this point, I have to go back through and re-select the emails one by one, unlabeled them, then select them all again, one by one and move them to the folder.
I can't be the only person who has struggled with this, can I?

• Reviewed on 01/08/2020
Aasis Y.
Product Consultant
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"Reliable and easy to navigate email service"

Comments: My Organization has been using Gmail for the last 3-4 years. I have been personally using Gmail since it was launched in 2005-06. For personal use, I always advocated the use of Gmail over other email service providers. On the professional front, I think Gmail is a good tool and they are making progress in the right direction. They still have a long way to go to compete with MS Outlook that is specifically used for official purposes. I believe that Gmail needs to work on its ability to showcase the email threads in a better manner, provide the flexibility to include one email in another as an attachment by simple drag and drop and finally there are a lot of options available in Gmail which are not easy to find. For example: meeting schedules, how to delay sending an email in Gmail.

Pros: 1) Nudges: Gmail sends prompters for emails where a follow-up may be required. It comes in very handy especially when you have multiple emails to respond to every day.
2) Emails can easily be categorized based on the filter rules provided. It makes my life very easy since I get close to 500+ emails every day.
3) It can easily be used with other Google Suite products like Google Docs, Google Sheets etc.
4) hangouts integrated directly with Gmail makes it very easy to know who is online and directly reach out to them via chat/call.

Cons: 1) You cannot embed one email inside another email like an attachment. Many times, I have to refer to another mail while talking to colleagues or client and it is not possible to include that email in the form of an attachment by just dragging and dropping the email. this feature is available in Outlook and comes in very handy.
2) When there is a lot of back and forth on a single email thread, it is difficult to follow the mail thread in Gmail since it gets clustered.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
George R.
Lesson Manager/Head Coach
Sports, 51-200 Employees

"Gmail Review"

Comments: I am communicating through large groups of people through gmail and they make it quite easy. My favorite part about gmail is its ability to schedule emails to be sent at certain times. I only spend so much time in the office and most of my time giving lessons, so the ability to send emails when I'm not in front of the computer is amazing.

Pros: The features of Gmail, specifically abilities to star or mark important emails make the software very user friendly. Many of the functions are easy to use and there are multiple ways to perform each task. I tend to distribute videos and large powerpoints or spreadsheets through gmail and there has never been a problem attaching media or other links to my emails.

Cons: Integration with my existing business was fairly easy, however, there are some features that I wish gmail would fix up. Security is obviously a large priority yet I tend to miss out on some emails from new possible clients or employees because their emails get sent to spam. This is a con of gmail and I take fault for missing clients and not being able to find their emails as soon as possible.

Edward C.
Educational Program Director
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"An Oldie but still staying srong"

Comments: Overall I'm hooked and use it daily. It also has a better connotation to give someone your gmail address as a personal address over yahoo or aol.

Pros: The best part of this app is the reliability, spam filters, and ability to utilize SMTP access. The automated inboxes are a plus as in other programs you can pull your hair out trying to organize rules and folders. It took a little training to Gmail to understand the difference between social, promotions, and updates but it picked up really fast.

Cons: Not robust. If you need things like rules you will need to utilize programs like Outlook. Also privacy. This is google, so if you like recommendations and it to guess (pretty accurately) what you are looking for in your next Google search then it's great. If you are not a fan of a company keeping track of every purchase made via emails (you can see a list of every product you've ever received a email receipt for in security settings).

• Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Stephanie C.
IT Manager
Oil & Energy, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2020

"Gmail Integrations and Functionality Set it Apart"

Comments: Overall, I'm very happy using Gmail, and continue to learn more about its extensive range of features and integrations.

Pros: I appreciate how easy it is to have multiple gmail accounts and switch back and forth between them. From personal accounts to professional accounts, it just takes a couple clicks to get whatever information I need.

Cons: I appreciate the google chrome plugin, but I prefer a computer app to using a browser-based platform.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2020
Blogger
Events Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2020

"Your first email choice"

Comments: I use several email softwares, Gmail is a good option widely accepted in many business and is great for entrepreneurs.

Pros: Gmail is a perfect option for business purposes, it helps you to deliver messages in a single click. It perfectly integrates with other tools from the same company. If you want to save a draft you can do it, also you can manage labels for different email options.

Cons: I don't like the way the older emails are on the bottom, it makes it harder to seek them. Sometimes I just want to scroll down to find the older emails instead of having to search from the search bar.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2020
Jasmine G.
fashion designer
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2020

"Awesome"

Comments: I love using gmail. It provides ease of access i am able to easily access emails as well as do virtual consultations or meeting. Such a great product.

Pros: I use this software daily it is very easy to use and convenient. I have multiple accounts associated with this software as i run multiple businesses. Very reliable product.

Cons: I find the service to be great and all of the features fit into my business. one thing would be when trying to delete emails using the app it would be great if i had the option to delete bulk emails all at once instead of having to select one by one.

• Reviewed on 03/07/2020
Cytotechnologist
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2020

"Very sophisticated, happy user"

Comments: Very easy to user simple. With added security features no one can hack your email.

Pros: Ease of use, you can easily sort emails according to its category. Gmail also sorts your social promotions emails away from important emails.

Cons: No option to select multiple emails at once or with one long swipe to delete from mobile. I have to literally select once by one to delete.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2020
Rados M.
Project Officer
Civic & Social Organization, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2020

"Gmail review from non-profit angle"

Comments: It was a very positive experience and it is a simple and useful e-mail client.

Pros: It is inexpensive and available to different organisations and companies with different opportunities for upgrade and adding new team members.

Cons: Design could be better and more business layouts should be offered.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2020
Quinton S.
IT Coordinator
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2020

"Wont fail with GMAIL"

Comments: I have a had a great experience with Gmail ,I've used it not only for personal user but for college use as well and it has been the easiest way to check my email, that is why it is my default app.

Pros: What I liked most about the software is the ease of use, I've used other email platforms in the past and it seems that this is has been the best experience for me. I like how the software is able to put all my promotional emails in one group instead of having it spread out in my inbox. The color coding of the emails is especially helpful so I can search for what I'm looking for a lot faster. Within an email the reply, forward, print and block email options in one location is perfect. Lastly, the auto typing and autocorrect feature is great! its like the program knows what I'm going to type before i type it, and it adds better choice of grammar.

Cons: There isn't much I don't like about this app, IF I had to choose one it would the grouping of promotions feature. Yes its awesome that it has this feature, but it would great if it grouped like promotions in order.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2020
Reviewer
Publishing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2020

"One of the best email service provider"

Comments: Gmail is easily my go-to email service provider. With its intuitive interface and easy integration across all other GSuite apps, gmail is a powerful tool that has a lot to offer both businesses and individuals, even in the free version.

Pros: Gmail offers quick email delivery, works well for sending emails to individuals or groups of people and is very easy to use. I love their intuitive and highly customizable interface. The best part is the categorization of your mails. You can create categories and tags and configure it so that mails from a particular address only show up in the assigned categories. I found this feature very helpful. It also integrates easily with other GSuite apps like Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive etc, which is an added bonus and sometimes the only tools you need for your business or personal use. You can pick also your own themes and colors, which is nice.
The draft feature saves your message real-time, which can be a lifesaver.
Gmail sign-in is offered on millions of websites on the internet, so a gmail address is all you need to be authorized anywhere. It also has 15 GB cloud storage in the free version, which is more than enough for most users.

Cons: The auto-categorization of received mails as Promotions, Social, and Primary isn't efficient, as same types of emails can be found at each of these. The spam filter also needs improvement. The trash being emptied after a month could have been an optional feature. The excessive information that Google tracks about you (which can be viewed in Activity) can bother some people who have privacy concerns. Beyond the free version, the pricing is a bit expensive though.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2020
Jennie P.
Author
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"A great product to use!"

Comments: Overall, Gmail is a good product to use. I've used MSN, Yahoo, Excite (back when it was a thing), outlook, and even a few others both for job places and personal. Gmail is by far the easiest to use with the most user-friendly options. You rarely run into issues and even more rare is server problems on Gmail's side. I've used gmail since 2004ish (back when you had to be invited to create an account). It's gone through a lot of improvements, some "what the heck's?" (to be expected with a growing company), and it's smoothed out into a great product. Gmail offers a lot of options, is easy to use, and is widely compatible with a lot of apps, software, and email clients. It works with the Google Drive seamlessly and is very user friendly.

Pros: Gmail has a lot of great features. You can search fairly easily (and it will tell if there's matches in spam or the trash), you can label emails or place them in folders (or both). You can easily move emails from one place to another or do mass-deletes. Filters are easy to set up and work pretty well without worry. Forwarding is a breeze to use and rarely messes-up. You can add a signature without a lot of problems and change it as needed. It's compatible with the majority of email clients available, also. You also have the choice of themes or adding your own background, which is a nifty and fun feature to keep things from being boring if you're using email frequently during the day. You can also add files to an email easily and if it exceeds the size restrictions, it will just put it on your google drive folder and send a link. Quick, easy, and no fussing or changing between apps/programs/websites involved!

Cons: Sometimes an email will get sent to the trash and you won't know until you either search for it or contact the sender and find out it was sent. I have had problems changing my avatar and finding out how to get it to change has proven fruitless. (Support there isn't the greatest.) Maybe it's just the one account, because I have other gmail accounts and have changed avatars without problems. So your mileage may vary. Support for gmail is hit or miss. Sometimes you get useful help, other times you're stuck search the internet for answers. Even then, you may not find the answers and either have to give up or keep poking around until you get the problem resolved. Thankfully, I haven't encountered a lot of problems and I've been using gmail since 2004ish. Back when the only way you could get a gmail account was by an invitation only.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Zeinab Z.
Student
Higher Education, Self Employed

"Good Old Gmail"

Comments: I do not have any problems with Gmail. It is a great software that I have been using for a long time, and I will continue to do so in the future.

Pros: Some of the most impactful features are the ability to schedule emails, ability to receive writing suggestions, and the ability to mix up your email stars. Scheduling emails is very helpful especially when I need to send multiple emails or I am running on a tight schedule. I just dedicate some time to type them all up and schedule them. This way I make sure it gets done and I won't forget to do it. Receiving writing suggestions is great if you are not a strong writer. The tips the smart compose offers are concise and work very well with most of my emails. Lastly, the ability to mix up the stars on your emails is a great way to organize them. My very important emails have an exclamation mark, emails that I have responded to have a check mark, and emails that I still need to look at which are important, get an orange star. This is very handy.

Cons: I am only a student, so for my purposes, all the features available are great. All the features that I am aware of are easy to use. However, when I first got gmail which was over 5 years ago, I do not remember receiving any sort of guidelines to help me get started. I had to discover most of it on my own, and there are certainly some features I don't know of yet. If there was some help along the way, rather than me experimenting around, that would have been even better. I have not really integrated gmail with other applications. However, I am currently considering syncing my gmail and google calendar. This might create more ease in my life.

Maher H.
Student Assistant
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2020

"Easy to use and offers many features"

Comments: Gmail has been a very positive experience for me. I've been using it for about 10 years and it has just kept improving. Now, it is also adding new features to help people during quarantine such as starting a video meeting with people.

Pros: The best feature that gmail has to offer is definitely categorizing received emails into categories. When you go into settings and enable this feature, it puts emails received into 3 categories; primary, social, and promotions. Because of that function, the inbox is a lot more organized and allows the more important emails such as emails received from colleagues or other students to be seen immediately. It also increases the likelihood of them responding since the email was easy to find. Another feature I love is the unsend feature. If i realize that I may have made a mistake after an email was already sent, I can press the unsend button and fix the issue. Even though it's limited to 30 seconds, I've used it countless times.

Cons: The main aspect of gmail that needs improving is its spam recognition. Recently, spam emails have been finding their way into the primary inbox even after the sender has been flagged. Another improvement that gmail needs is increasing the size limit of attachments. Currently, a few photos that are high quality easily reach the attachment limit of 25mb.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2020
Maria B.
Producer
Marketing & Advertising, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2020

"Main Email account"

Comments: It is secure for businesses and personal accounts - I think it's a great platform, I use it and would use it forever. I know I mentioned the main layout is dull, but that's just being superficial. It works, it's easy, it's customizable, it's fast.

Pros: I find Gmail very easy to use, it's fast and simple for anyone. Not only businesses can use it, but you can also get an account for free. There is a huge storage space for all your emails and I love that. I mainly use this as my professional account,but a good feature is that Gmail filters any spam or social, so you actually have a primary section for your primary and important emails. Speaking of important, you can "star" important emails aka prioritize any email. You can even customize emails, by adding color and tags - This is a great feature for businesses as you can know what type of emails you get. You can also create different folders, which is fantastic so I can sort and have all the same emails in a same folder. You simply have to check the emails you want to move, and then select the folder where they will live.
There is a big search bar to search any email within your account, whether by using a relevant word or exact word, I find this very useful when I'm in a rush.
Another thing you can do within Gmail is customize settings, you can customize it by theme and make it more YOU. You can login to different pages, and platforms with your Google account, which is great, and you can sync your email account with other products. There is a built-in-chat which is useful.
a new email window for new email, so you can scroll your inbox while typing a new email and minimize it and continue later, and you can autofill sentences.

Cons: I personally don't like the main layout, I find it outdated, just like the built-in-chat, I find it rather dull.
Even though you have the search bar, to be honest, I don't like that emails are not on the same page - you can only see I think 50 at a time.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2020
Christina D.
Student
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2020

"The wonderful functionality of Gmail"

Comments: I started using Gmail in high school because our teachers recommended it and ever since that moment, I have never switched. Personally I've never had issues with Gmail and any time I've called customer support they were very friendly, outgoing, and helpful and I really appreciate that because there is nothing worse than the customer support being rude to the customer. Overall 10/10 experience.

Pros: The thing I like the most about this software is that it's very user friend and the interface design was done very well. I like how it's designed for people of all ages to use. I also really like how there are a lot of simple features, but also a lot of more complicated features like data sheets and stats for the individuals looking for those complicated features.

Cons: It's really hard to think of cons for this software because it really has everything one could need, but if there is one improvement that I think could be made would be have the processing time be a little faster because sometimes it can lag, but other than that I don't really have any cons.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2020
Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2020

"The Easiest Communication Tool"

Comments: MY experience is un-explainable because since my kid days I still use Gmail for all my communication needs.I love it so much that I am still using the same GMAIL account which I have created 20 Years Ago.

Pros: What is really like about gmail is The Popularity it earned for itself , because this is the first step which creates HOPE because when people /kid started to learn and understand about the Technology/computer world ,like what kind of instrument /product it is or how and why people talk about it in every step of life.Even if we see in computer institution the first step which a instructor taught to student is i believe Gmail and what impact it could make to their communication prospective like they can reach to any corner of the world and that too,with few click only and that too with security , because to start learning or experience anything about computer, they would need a account to identify oneself and GMAIL is the best source of it as a user and I think due to its user-friendliness , it ENCOURAGE a beginner to explore and thus Gives HOPE to the kids to learn and learn more and that is when the real explore and learning begins and I think ,its tough security features which cant be easily compromised makes it more interesting and also its Globalization, I think 80% of people as a computer user is very much aware what a word gmail is .It is exceptional because it touches millions of people around the world by giving a opportunity to learn the computer world with a New hope to make a difference.

Cons: The lease I like about it is the customer service response because as per my personal experience GMAIL took three long days to respond any little query . In 21st century it is not appreciable in such a fast pace world.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2020
Digital Marketer Specialist
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2020

"Google is okay but it's missing some things"

Comments: My overall experience with Gmail has been good but over time it started to decline because nothing really changed, not much support either. It could have a lot of things added to it to make it much better but I don't think they will do that. I f you need a basic email provider it's decent but once you decide to get a business email by using gsuite it can become problematic with lot's of functions and other issues.

Pros: What I like most about Gmail is that it's convenient and easy to make an email and start receiving messages from contacts. I also like being able to customize the theme in the background of my inbox. It has a lot of features.

Cons: What I least liked about Gmail is the integration with gmass for email automation. It's expensive and is buggy with Gmail and it can be a pain. I stopped using Gmail as my email automation provider as it does not have what I need. I also receive a lot of spam and I'm tired of it.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2020
Consultant
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2019

"Great and continuing to add features"

Pros: So many of the things that Gmail was first to do are now common in other email apps. But overall, it's nice to use a product that's part of the larger Google platform for easy access to calendars, shared documents, etc. I like that I can use the Gmail application for managing email for my website to keep that domain name in my email address (via G Suite). I like the many ways you can filter messages, setting rules for handling certain messages, etc. There are also many helpful ways to search your inbox and folders. I've also been impressed that they continue to add features, although it's always behind the newer competing email apps. They basically copy the cool features that other apps do, but I'm okay with that.

Cons: I've been using Gmail for a long time, so for several years now I've had to pay for extra space, which I don't like. But I also realize that sounds ridiculous. Maybe I just wish they would give you more space than they currently do. I can't imagine I have much more data than the average person... Here's another con that is probably ridiculous to complain about: they put too many good emails in Spam. I've missed some very important messages because of this. And I'd like to think that once I've "taught" it which emails are not spam, it would learn not to send emails from that sender to my spam, but it continues to send them there. I don't want to have to add the senders to my address book to work around this. Finally, I've almost always used other email apps on my phone because I don't think the Gmail app is anything special.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2019
UI/UX Designer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2019

"Gmail rocks, but does it offer joy?"

Pros: I happen to have both a personal and a business Gmail account. There are many things to like about Gmail (free), great search, decent integration with the rest of their offerings, nice automations with filters and rules. There are features that they have built on top of the standard IMAP functionalities, like tags, filters and automatic categorization of emails, which are very useful and productive (albeit a bit restrictive, since they are exclusively available on the Gmail apps).
The familiarity of the personal Gmail accounts is a big plus when using them in a corporate setting. Centrally managing the business email accounts is a breeze for your IT department. Plus: more storage, email aliases, and group email addresses.

Cons: Well, when talking about the free Gmail, there’s not much to complain about. You can’t really argue with the free price tag, can you?
The only issue I can see is that there are no native desktop clients and the web version of Gmail feels a bit too much like a webpage and less than a web app. I can understand that for many this is a feature, not a bug — but even with the recent material redesign, the UI of Gmail is a bit of a mess. The placing of the various buttons seems almost random, no vertical rhythm, differently sized elements everywhere and no visual hierarchy (really compare it to any desktop app, or outlook.com or even the official Gmail tablet app). A proper redesign that takes care of the basics of reading emails and perusing your mailbox would be very welcome here.
On the premium side of things, I would very much like to see more advanced features being natively integrated. Things like scheduling, follow-up reminders, and snoozing emails, should be standard.
The next big thing missing is email collaboration. Again you can see a small start-up doing with Spark (sparkmailapp.com) what Gmail should have done, at least for its business customers. Team chat on an email and email delegation are low-hanging fruit considering that Google has already spearheaded collaboration in documents and spreadsheets.
Lastly, I should note that while the Google business offering is quite compelling, the Gmail-specific business features are not that impressive on their own.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2019
Arnaldo C.
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2018

"Gmail an app that promises!"

Pros: Gmail has been my favorite email app for more than 8 years, I must say it is an incredible application, I use it every day since I constantly receive emails from clients, partners and work, so I need to check my email trays constantly, I must say that it has never hit me or given me problems so the stability of the app is excellent. In addition to this gmail has a number of add-ons that you can use to benefit, such as google drive, google hangouts and google + it is amazing how you can have everything within a single application and how they complement each other. Gmail is a very easy application to use since in the main screen you can see all your messages directly, besides this you have a menu in the left part of the screen where you can choose the messages of promotion, social and normal messages, apart you have other options such as sent messages, spam erased among others ... Another incredible thing about this app is that you can change gmail accounts very quickly and easily since it allows you to log several accounts at the same time and change them with a single click. the app is also very fast, the time that you have to wait for the new and old messages to load is very fast and this is an advantage when you want to respond to messages quickly, besides it has the function of writing several messages at the same time and leaving them as drafts waiting for you to come back and finish them and this is great!

Cons: Well, because not everything is always good, there are few things I do not like about the gmail app and one of them is that when you write a new message and add some files it is a bit difficult to do it from the phone, if you could do it a little simpler would be great, another thing is that when I send a message I do not get the notification of message sent or message waiting to be sent or message sent so I never know if my message has been sent really. For my part these are the only things that I dislike, everything else I like and I'm happy with the app, I really think it's excellent!

• Reviewed on 27/10/2018
Virginia B.
Communications Manager
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2018

"Gmail AKA the Ultimate Key to Business Organization"

Pros: Gmail’s web-based email and storage service is the ultimate key to business organization. G Suite’s collaborative application suite for business and enterprise users has significantly enhanced our efficiency across our organization, allowing us to store and condense all of our work initiatives in one local area. Whether you use Gmail, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. I would strongly recommend finding the best collaborative suite platform for your company and condense your work files, documents, etc. into one storage area that everyone (with permission) can easily access. Here are some of the main reasons we were swayed into using Gmail within our company. Pros
Gmail’s free secure webmail platform, offers up to 15 GB of storage for personal use, with the option available to purchase more storage (cloud and Google Drive) on an as needed basis.
Gmail’s platform can be customized to a certain extend but generally keeps things clean and simple. Its search features save you from having to manually scroll and read past emails to locate the one you want; you can also set up personalized keyboard shortcuts to speed up the processes as well. You can also organize emails via labels, this feature acts much like a file finder, in which you can create categorized folders to nest specific emails under and easily reference them/easy retrieval. Time is of the essence in the business world, so the option to save emails, pre-written templates, and import contacts directly into the platform is great for accelerating email responses and keeping our clients from losing interest. The definitive feature of G Suite Office Suite is the set of team collaborative tools available to you for sharing/file storage, creating forms (registration, survey, etc.), Excel, Word documents, and PPT with the option to collaborate in real-time. G-Suite also includes video and conference calling, in which you can invite anyone to join by setting up a Google calendar invite.

Cons: Gmail’s email tracking is not the most suitable feature for those in marketing and sales, looking to keep track of open rates, link clicks, who clicked on the specific link, etc. But Google is completely transparent about this issue; Gmail’s documentation clearly states tracking may not be accurate, there are various factors you need to be aware of to make sure your actions don’t interfere with the tracking data. However, Gmail does easily support plugins you can add to allow for tracking (we use Lead Liaison). Sending mass emails with in Gmail is not exactly feasible because of limitations in functionalities for personalizing emails. Gmail does put ad placements on free on accounts, but they are pertaining to the contexts within your emails (so at least the trade-off is relevancy). We have experienced glitches and dropped calls on numerous occasions when utilizing Google Hangouts for virtual meetings (because we run monthly webinars we moved to Zoom video Conferencing which you must have a plan to for the webinar add-on). Google Hangout only provides the option to screen share, etc. during virtual meetings from a laptop using a Chrome device, not practical for people on the go.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2018
Ian M.
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"The ultimate in email search and storage"

Pros: The best thing about Gmail without a doubt is, unfortunately, the least known. Google is well known as a search engine, but few seem to realise that search technology is applicable to email if they use Gmail. Of particular value is the ability to tailor the search to find just what you're looking for, such as an email from a person with a certain name who sent a picture between date X and date Y. Additionally are labels. Why file emails in folders - put instead Gmail labels them and multiple labels can be applied, it's like having an email in multiple folders at the same time, this also allows for greater filtering to identifying specific emails. Finally, there is the email storage. Personally, I delete emails every day unless it's related to work, income, or expenses; the result of this is that my Gmail account that I've had since 2011 has only used 5% of storage, I doubt I'll ever use up all the space as it keeps growing! Also noteworthy are features such as the ability to marks email as starred and/or as important plus links to quick get to those emails. a recent addition is the ability to snooze or defer emails to a later time more suitable or appropriate for reading the email rather than filling up your inbox. Finally Gmail, works seemlessly with every third-party email application I've used, all you need is your address and password to connect, jargon such as mailservers and SMTPs are entered automatically behind the scenes, this makes Gmail via third-party apps very user-friendly. Of course, as it's a Google product, a Gmail account means you also can login to other Google products such as YouTube.

Cons: An unpopular feature is tabs that separate and emails by content into inboxes emails that are promotional, social, updates, and from discussion forums. This can help separate and prioritise email but I don't like it and it can easily be disabled, but it does mean newsletter providers are always asking people to move their emails to the primary inbox. Another negative - depending on your perspective - is the automated analysis of your Gmail account (not by people leading to Google serving adverts relevant to you. I view this as a positive, but it can sometimes feel like there is no escape from an advert in an email that you showed interest in one time and which consequently shows up on websites you visit, but this is why Gmail is free.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Nathan S.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2018

"I swear by Gmail.... Its the best web based email service"

Pros: Gmail has been my go to email app for more than 7 years. In no particular order, here are the things that are great about Gmail
Its easy to use and intuitive, it takes a few mins to get used to the interface, but it is user friendly from day one.
The ability to multi task and have your inbox open while you compose an email helps a lot.
The auto save drafts feature has saved me many a time when I lost connectivity. Also you can compose several emails and minimize them as drafts while you have your inbox in the background and come back to them later if you wish to.
Gmail is non intrusive and doesn't display ads like it did years ago. I like the fact that I can log in and view all my emails without any distractions or upgrade popups.
Attaching files is simple and straightforward. Also seeing previews of attachments within emails is a neat trick and I use it almost every day.
Gmail is a great free email service for anyone who wants to get the best web based email experience out there.

Cons: That is not to say that everything is perfect, there are things about Gmail that are not great.
As a mobile app user, I am disappointed with the Gmail app. It doesnt sync to the web when you mark emails as read, you also cant unsend messages and adding attachments on the file is not as seamless as on the web app.
Hangouts in Gmail has never really made sense to me, I wish there was a way to just disable it, but its seems to stick there no matter what I do.
While the new makeover for Gmail is overall great, it still doesnt address the bigger problem of labels and email folders. If an email is added to a folder, subsequent emails are not added to that folder, unless they have a label which in itself is confusing. If there was a simple straightforward way to do it like on Outlook, it would be better.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2018