QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5

About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks is an end-to-end accounting software that can grow with your business.

Learn more about QuickBooks Online Advanced

Kyle H.
Accounting

"Ease of use"

Comments: The chart of accounts feature of QBO is much cleaner than the two previously used accounting softwares. Also the reporting functions are much more user friendly for non-accounting employees trying to find financial information that makes sense to them.

Pros: Everything is very clean, and easy to navigate. The general features of the software are user friendly to all levels of accounting. If you have never used an accounting software before QBO makes it very accessible to find important and valuable information about your finances with relative ease.

Cons: The more in depth features do take a little time to navigate. There are also a lack to "advance" features for some of the functions but it overall fits the bill. There is nothing that is missing that is an absolute need for business function- just more of a "would be nice".

Joe M.
COO
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"The Best Option Out There"

Comments: We were doing all of our accounting manually before and it got to a point where we could not keep up. Now none of our upcoming expenses are a surprise and we know with great accuracy what our financial position is while we are determining if an opportunity is right for us.

Pros: I like that it is universally used so no matter how many different financial professionals from how many different companies I have to deal with they are familiar with the software so there is no learning or teaching curve there.

Cons: The biggest flaw I would say is when a new 3rd party program comes out that works well with my business Quickbooks seems to lag behind in having some kind of integration available. Ideally I would like all my softwares so integrate with Quickbooks so that I can use the full power of the system.

Michael L.

"QBO Improving"

Comments: We experience little downtime, despite some slowing of speeds. We're impressed with QBO at this time.

Pros: Many new features being updated regularly. Does what we need it to do.

Cons: Speed improvements as our file grows is very important.

Samantha M.
Controller
Retail, 2-10 Employees

"Mandatory for Business"

Comments: It has been good. The price is a pain, but you get a ton of features even if you dont use every single one. We have enjoyed using QBO for years and will continue to use the service.

Pros: -The customer service is on point every time. They are super helpful and can help you with errors and questions of any sorts. Any time I have had to contact them, they are quick and helpful. They also are kind!
-New Features added all the time

Cons: - Wont save the date to the actual date. It saves the last date you put in, which can be a really huge error later if you didnt change the date and went about your day.
-Prices tripled and they did add a ton of features, they arent really used by my size company and we had to get the upgraded version for ONE feature we use, which feels like waste

Jenny D.
Accountant
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Quickbooks Online Advanced Review"

Comments: We are a multi-location theatre and school. Our directors and managers and board members need to have access to reports about each show and its success, our donations and fundraising efforts and our expenses in real-time in order to make decisions quickly. The ability of the QBO to allow this real-time access is something we have come to rely upon. The difficulty we have is with data input. We have had to hire a person just to input our deposits from our enrollment system and cc processor by hand, so that we can class them correctly.

Pros: That it is accessible by many people in our organization in real time and that access is customizable by user. It has many of the desktop features that we like, including the ability to use a lot of classes and accounts and customizable reporting. I love being able to have many windows of it open in order to compare between accounts or items I am working on.

Cons: I have worked with Quickbooks since the 1990s and therefore am a desktop user. I am used to the keyboard shortcuts and the ability to upload data for invoicing, deposits and journal entries. That minimal columns can be uploaded is really frustrating and it is time consuming to hand enter items, especially if our processors don't download their data to QB.
I do not like that I cannot use a desktop version to clean up items in the online version. I really liked the accountant versions in desktop.

Maurice T.
Accounting Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2017

"QB Nonprofit easy to use"

Comments: User friendly.

Pros: QB Nonprofit desktop is easy to use with its flexibility and options which includes name search for customers and vendors and its versitility in financial statements. The classes allow us to get financial statements by class or department which are also very useful. Along with our main department (church) we also have 2 schools, so the software allows us to get financial statements for just the schools. We also use the budgets and get financial statements that show comparisons to budget projections. Dollar to dollar and percentage comparisons. Budgets are easy to prepare. Numbers that are exactly to same from month to month can just be copied across the entire year and don't have to be entered into each month individually.

Cons: 1. Sometimes have to wait a long time (as much as 45 minutes) to get telephone support.
2. No name search for employees.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2017
Karl F.
Loft Manager
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees

"Overall Solid Product"

Comments: We switched from QuickBooks desktop to QBO over a year ago, and have been quite happy with the product. The ability to access our QuickBooks data from anywhere, anyhow is a great benefit to our business. Our biggest hurdle is the lack of inventory tracking by location.

Pros: Remote, web-based access; unlimited chart of accounts, products/services, categories and locations.

Cons: Inventory tracking with multiple locations is non-existent.

Nicholas P.
Staff Accountant
Accounting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"A MAJOR upgrade over Quick Books Enterprise edition"

Comments: We have multiple LLCs that are under one larger umbrella company. These LLCs used to each have their own QBE file and now we have them all listed under the larger company within QBO. Reporting takes literally 1/6 of the time that it used to for the same information.

Pros: Everything is in one of just a few places. Searches are quick, reports are super easy to customize and export. It's available everywhere that you have an internet connection.

Cons: Some of the add-on applications cause some performance issues. This is mostly due to poor optimization by the third-party application developers but it does affect some of the things that I use daily when these apps are active.

Dean P.
Accounting Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

"QuikBooks overall review"

Comments: Not really solving business issues but it is very helpful in the financial reporting and recordkeeping.

Pros: It's easy to use and reporting functionality.

Cons: Customer support leaves a lot to be desired. Also, it's budgeting options are almost non-existent.

Barry S.
Bookkeeper
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2018

"Everything a Nonprofit needs financially"

Comments: I don't like the lack of support after two years. But the community of QuickBooks users is so large that help can be found almost anywhere.

Pros: This program is customizable to the needs of each Nonprofit. It can be used as a standalone program or a networked financial database. It has all the necessary functions to do all daily, monthly, and yearly financial paperwork for a small to medium-sized Non-profit.

Cons: The learning curve can be steep. Prior experience with the program or with accounting is very useful. Set up should be done by a professional CPA to ensure it's tracking all the needed items for IRS reporting.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2018
Donor & Community Engagement
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2018

"Solid choice for simple accounting"

Comments: We are able to use Quickbooks to carry out all of our financial functions and easily keep track of everything. I would definitely use it unless you need high volume programs and can afford software that integrates other functions (like donor tracking, record keeping, etc)

Pros: QuickBooks Non-Profit is an excellent choice for nonprofit accounting. IT is very easy to enter information, make adjustments and run reports. As a nonprofit, we are constantly generating that information for grants and donors - so it is very easy.

Cons: Managing donor data is easy to a point, if you have another donor database you might run into some difficulty trying to track contributions or donations.

by Intuit on 18/06/2018

I'm beyond pleased to see how easy QuickBooks has made managing your organization, and appreciate the review. With this said. I'd like to discuss which point the donor database gives you trouble. Because the system easily integrates with other programs, I'll find steps you can take to keep tracking simple. Could you send me an email directly at [email protected]? I'll dig right in, and look forward to hearing from you.

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Helena B.
manager
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Complete and easy to use software"

Pros: First of all , I purchased the product without knowing how to use it. I used the help desk and was able to have it up and running in less than a week.
I can keep track of all my customers - easy to do partial billing from an estimate.
The class feature is essential for my company as I can generate profit reports for each of my projects.
I recently linked Timesheets with QB so I can integrate the amount of hours each of my installers work in each project

Cons: I do not dislike anything about this software

Kellianne M.
Financial Manager
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2018

"Great small business software"

Comments: ease of use and most reporting.

Pros: Reporting is mostly good, easy entries solving the double entry accounting needed in a single entry; vendor set up is easy;customer invoicing is streamlined; bill paying is clear

Cons: This software will not perform detailed reports for donor tracking; cannot compare actual to budgeted costs at a single point in time for actuals, that is, cannot run a report to show actuals to date versus an annual budget which is the most frustrating thing about quickbooks, reporting has to be to a month or a year compared to the same period.

• Reviewed on 12/06/2018
Connie E.
Bookkeeper
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Upgrade from Desktop to Online"

Comments: This is a great product and we love using it. Will be waiting on scheduling and dispatching to be added as well.

Pros: easy to use, streamline invoicing in the field, great tools to learn how to's...

Cons: Doesn't work well with Service Fusion for our inventory need and dispatching.

Daniel J.
Construction, 2-10 Employees

"Ease of Use"

Comments: I like trhe staff and the added features which have allowed me to better understand our business finances

Pros: This software is easy to set up and use, make changes to and explore the financials of your business

Cons: One issue I wish could be performed is to go back manually and look at past received payments. This was a function on desktop version which was lost in on-line. In desktop I could just hit previous and look through them to see what was received on certain days

Tenekia P.
Managing Partner
Events Services, 2-10 Employees

"EXCELLENT PRODUCT"

Comments: We are able to accommodate our customers with invoices, estimates, and receive payment in less than 15 minutes. The customers love the quick transitions. It allow us as a business to attend to more customers effectively and efficiently.

Pros: QuickBooks have improved the way we receive payment from customers. The customer's love the idea of paying on line and keeping the integrity of their card in safe keeping.

Cons: One time an invoice was not funded but stated paid.

Katy G.
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees

"QB for Oil and Gas"

Comments: Overall I have a good experience. Not perfect.

Pros: My favorite feature is that I can connect QB to our bank accounts and download transactions daily rather than at the end of the month.

Cons: I wish that QB had industry specific software, for example oil and gas. I do not use 50% of the features because we do not need them. But then there are some features I wish we had.

Celeste G.
Operations Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2018

"Great"

Pros: It never felt like the non-profit version held back any of the features we needed in order to thoroughly account for our non-profit revenue & expenses. I loved that we could customize the chart of accounts which makes it much easier when preparing our 990 and other financial reports. Quickbooks made it very easy to connect with our bank and import transaction data, which is a huge time save.

Cons: It's restricted to use on the computer it's installed on. We've since migrated to Quickbooks Online because of the cloud-based nature.

by Intuit on 12/09/2018

Happy Wednesday, Celeste. I'm delighted you found the product that works best for the nature of your non-profit, as we're proud to be backing you. You're the best part of QuickBooks, which is why we've created self-help and support spaces like our aptly-named Resource Center (https://intuit.me/2rI3OKd) with you in mind. Check it out anytime, since it's the central hub of workflow tips and how-to tutorials.

I loved reading about how the customization options and feature-set in the cloud-based service have helped The First Tee, by the way. Thanks a ton for sharing your comments!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 07/09/2018
Holly C.
Finance Assistant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"My Life is a Little Easier"

Comments: We are processing are AR in a lot less time, prefill helps with not having to search account #'s. AR billing is very advanced with the recurring invoice features and email options.

Pros: Most of all, I like that the product is online, therefore I can work from anywhere. It saves time by updating information in real time automatically without posting batches. The software allows for transactions to be edited, which reduces the need for reverse or correcting entries. Pre-filled expenses help

Cons: Frequently changes in features has been difficult since we are new to QBO. Once learned they all seem to save time.

Kristy B.
Finance Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

"Converted Desktop User"

Comments: I was a 14 year QuickBooks Desktop devotee and thought that I would hate using QBO. I have been converted and would recommend that all Desktop users at least take a look at QBO with an open mind.

Pros: The QBO software is sophisticated yet simple to use. It can keep track of as little or much of your business as you need. The software is not intimidating for the new user but also not so "dumbed-down" that a long time accounting professional will feel they are using a beginner product.

Cons: There are only a few small functionality items that slightly bother me but don't prevent me from utilizing the software completely.

Quandra T.
Admin Assistant
Construction, 51-200 Employees

"Adds Professionalism"

Comments: It definitely added more professionalism to our local family owned business and helped make the business a little easier to run. The customer support does seem to take awhile to get someone on the phone and then actually get a resolution.

Pros: It definitely added more professionalism to our local family owned business and helped make the business a little easier to run.

Cons: The customer support does seem to take awhile to get someone on the phone and then actually get a resolution.

Bruce C.
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2018

"I used Quickbooks for Non-Profits at a church where i served as pastor."

Pros: I loved the detailed reporting that Quickbooks for Non-Profits provided, and the similarity with Quickbooks for Businesses, so that volunteers who were already trained in the Business version could easily mange the Non-Profit version.

Cons: I found setting up the Non-Profit version of Quickbooks a little awkward. I wish it had been transformed more into the common language of non-profits.

by Intuit on 30/01/2018

Thanks for the great review! I'm glad to hear the reporting is working well for you.

To have your company reflect things like Donors and Revenue & Expenditures you just need to change a couple options in Account and Settings in the Gear menu. Company settings will have a Tax form option you can switch to Non-Profit and then go to the Advanced tab for changing the Customer label to whatever your company needs.

Let us know if you need any other help setting up your account for running a non-profit!

The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 24/01/2018
Amy M.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Great software for accounting!"

Comments: We are able to quickly invoice customers and send it to them directly. Our collections process has been made simpler because of the program.

Pros: I really enjoy the functionality of QBO advanced and being able to access my financials on my mobile app makes things so much easier. I have the ability to customize any feature of the software to fit my business needs. I especially appreciate that when I run into an issue I am not familiar with I can easily find the solution without having to call customer support.

Cons: There is not much I can say I did not like about the software.

Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2019

"Kudos to Quickbooks"

Pros: Great way to track income and expenses for our small non-profit organization. Quickbooks is a well-established and recognized name that is trustworthy and reputable. The software is stable and reasonably easy to use, considering its scope.

Cons: Getting it setup can be a bit intimidating if you're not familiar with accounting terminology.

by Intuit on 19/08/2019

Referring to us as trustworthy and reputable is music to our ears! We're happy to assist you with tracking income and expenses for your organization. To learn tips and tricks on setting up your account, we recommend checking out our video tutorials (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). To get familiar with accounting lingo, we invite you to check out our Community page: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for a great review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team