QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.1 /5

About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks is an end-to-end accounting software that can grow with your business.

Learn more about QuickBooks Online Advanced

Aaron A.
Sales/Customer Service
Printing, 11-50 Employees

"Easy to use!"

Comments: Organization. This is the biggest thing. To have everything in one place digitally helps so much.

Pros: It is so easy to use this software. It has taken our company to the next level.

Cons: Periodically it will log me out while writing an invoice. That invoice is then not saved.More frustrating than anything but it just taught me to hit SAVE more often.

Victor A.
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"Quick Books Amazing Desktop & Cloud-Based Solution"

Pros: Easy to install, efficient from the report standpoint, friendly user, integrates with third party apps, diversity of versions allowing to select and adapt features to the business needs from a General business perspective to an specialized business field whole sale distribution. For small business is cost affordable gets complex with large scale environments

Cons: It has limitations for large company or enterprises that can be handled using Quick Books Platinum / Enterprise the company files can get corrupted if the solution is not well set up as a multi-user access to company files that needs to be share or used in large scale.
The TCO can raise up the budget bar.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2018
Lisha N.
Bookkeeper
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2020

"Simple Accounting at it's best!"

Comments: For daily use for a small business, it's great.

Pros: It is simple to use and easy to understand. Coming from a background of doing bookkeeping and payroll manually, I really appreciate the way this program makes life easier.

Cons: Sometimes it ends abruptly and abnormally, and if you make an error, it is sometimes difficult to make a correction.

• Reviewed on 24/03/2020
Richard D.
Owner/COO

"Accounting made simple"

Comments: I really like how it pulls all my transactions from my business bank account into it. This saves a lot of time in inputting data. I've always been in sales and opened my own business this year. I have learned alot about the accounting side of things from using quickbooks.

Pros: This software gave me the ability to do everything I needed to get my business going. I now can track inventory, invoices, payments and everything I need to feel confident that I'm on top of my business.

Cons: There isn't much I don't like about it. It does everything I need it to do. I haven't seen if I can make a packing slip in it yet and have always made them manually. I haven't had time to look for that function, if it's in there.

Sandra R.
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Happy with the service!"

Comments: Saving time.

Pros: Customer support is amazing. They assisted with maneuvering through the software. I had updated from a 2012 desktop to 2020 desktop then to the cloud.
Transition was seamless. I like linking to the bank and creating an essay bank rec.

Cons: Until I got more use to the updated version there didn't seem to be an easy flow on the dashboard.

Jason C.
Admin Assistant
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"QB Online Advanced Review"

Comments: Overall, QuickBooks Online has increase productivity for our business by order of magnitude. It has stream lined our processes in and out of the office. We will never go back to manual record keeping.

Pros: QB online makes my job so much easier and faster. I can create estimates/work orders/invoices in no time.

Cons: QB Online does lag a little bit when loading different pages. That is my only complaint.

Edward W.
Owner/CEO
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Great Product to Keep Your Books Clean"

Comments: QuickBooks has made my life easy with creating invoices and getting paid.

Pros: I love the ease of creating invoices. It's very easy to get paid and I love that I get notified instantly upon getting a paid invoice.

Cons: The cost of the product that I least like about the software. Outside of that, there's no complaint from me. I love QuickBooks and cannot imaging using anything else.

Tony G.
Data Analytics Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2018

"Great financial package for non-profits, at a price"

Pros: Everyone knows QuickBooks. If you are a non-profit, then even better! You now have Quickbooks functionality, built with all the things a 501(c)3 needs to keep their books in order. You no longer have to worry about the IRS audit. Instead, just keep up to date on your QuickBooks Non-Profit tasks, and you will be set!

Cons: Pricing model for this is a bit funky. You are paying for a higher end system. But I feel like QuickBooks should do more to cater to the budget strapped non-profit corporations. If you are looking for something for more value, you can certainly find it.

by Intuit on 01/02/2018

It's possible that the version you are using has more features than you need. Take a look at our products page to see if there is a better fit: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/pricing/.

Thanks for your review!
Nathaniel, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 31/01/2018
Harry H.
Title
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

"Wonderful Software"

Comments: The advanced system has allowed us to create estimates and bill out using segments.

Pros: This software allows you to invoice, keep you bank statements, deposits, and all purchases in one place. It even allows you to pay your vendors from the system and keep records of it. Everything you need to keep track of your business is one place.

Cons: We have no complainants with this software program.

Tammy S.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2021

"Easy to Use"

Comments: Overall, I really enjoy using QBO. Anytime I've needed to reach out to support, they've been prompt & courteous.

Pros: Something I always look for is ease of use, and QBO fits the bill perfectly. I also like the help search function.

Cons: It would be great to find something in Canada that can handle a trades company with project management, accounts receivable & payable, payroll, CSM, a PO system, etc all-in-one.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2021
Daniel M.
Construction, 11-50 Employees

"Great functionality"

Pros: Everything is in one place and it is easy to use.

Cons: Customer service is very difficult. It feels like they send you to a forum which is annoying. I just want to talk to someone via chat to figure it out.

Kristy B.
Finance Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

"Converted Desktop User"

Comments: I was a 14 year QuickBooks Desktop devotee and thought that I would hate using QBO. I have been converted and would recommend that all Desktop users at least take a look at QBO with an open mind.

Pros: The QBO software is sophisticated yet simple to use. It can keep track of as little or much of your business as you need. The software is not intimidating for the new user but also not so "dumbed-down" that a long time accounting professional will feel they are using a beginner product.

Cons: There are only a few small functionality items that slightly bother me but don't prevent me from utilizing the software completely.

Susan P.
Bookkeeper
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Easiest and Most Efficient Bookkeeping software"

Comments: We have used the reoccurring payments (great to have them scheduled so we don't forget to enter.) I like the P&L and Balance Sheet so that we can have sub-accounts yet hide for a more condensed report.
The batch invoices are great since we have monthly customers.

Pros: It is easy to use, has many features that you can tap into. Whether you are an accountant, a bookkeeper or data entry, you will find this program more than sufficient. I believe it is a strong program that will take a start-up right up through a multi-million dollar company. We are growing fast and it continually meets are needs.

Cons: There is a lot to learn. I haven't tapped into all it can do (which is a good thing!) I would like to take an online course showing an overview of all the features to get the full value of this program.

Daniel J.
Construction, 2-10 Employees

"Ease of Use"

Comments: I like trhe staff and the added features which have allowed me to better understand our business finances

Pros: This software is easy to set up and use, make changes to and explore the financials of your business

Cons: One issue I wish could be performed is to go back manually and look at past received payments. This was a function on desktop version which was lost in on-line. In desktop I could just hit previous and look through them to see what was received on certain days

Isa S.
Staff Accountant
Accounting Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Very efficient and a time-saver!"

Pros: Easy to use and there are tutorials available. Importing data from QBE and adding bank accounts were a breeze.

Cons: Unable to delete multiple entries and cannot undo reconciliation.

Kelly D.
Youtuber
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2020

"Quick books is a good tool to manage business accounting."

Pros: My parents used quick books and had it installed on desktop computer for years and business customers for the waffle business were stored in quick books software.Quickbooks was a good tool to keep track of customer payments such as how much they owed or how much they paid for waffle products.My mom got locked out of quickbooks and had to call Rodney to help her get back in.

Cons: My mother got locked out of quickbooks and had to call a computer technician Mr. Rodney to help her get back into the program and it cost money.

• Reviewed on 03/02/2020
Daniel S.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2018

"Fantastic Product"

Pros: What isn't to like? No matter if someone is a seasoned accountant, or a person new to accounting just starting their business, Quickbooks is very intuitive. Yes there are competitors, even free ones, but they do not compare to the functionality offered in this program. Best program and most intuitive accounting program I've ever used, hands down.

Cons: The only thing that I'm not fond of is the high cost of the online version as each separate company requires a different subscription which can get expensive. With that said, however, it is a fantastic program.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Raymond Y.
Accounting Assistant
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2019

"Pretty Good"

Comments: QB Non Profit is just better than other Normal Version with featuring the some specially designed function that help non profits organization managing their finance more effectively.

Pros: QB Non Profit has everything that you might expect any QB products with its product category; However, QB Non Profit is just better than other Normal Version with featuring the some specially designed function that help non profits organization managing their finance more effectively.

Cons: Customer Support, they try to sell you a newer version of Quick books rather than fixing the issues that you have on your current Quick Books

• Reviewed on 17/04/2019
Amy R.
Office administrator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"Non-profit ease of use"

Comments: It saves me time compared to what we were using before. The help search feature almost always has answers to solve my problem.

Pros: The desk top version is economical for our purposes. The reports are easy to produce for our board, and the file can be easily shared with our accountant.

Cons: I'm sure we could be using project management and budgeting features better but with so many separate projects going on at the same time with different start and end dates, I haven't been able to find a way to do this. The one time I did need live customer service, the person didn't follow up with me as he said he would.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2020
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2020

"Affordable, realiable and easy to use"

Comments: Accounting made easy even for those bookkeepers or accountants new to the software.

Pros: QuickBooks for nonprofits can handle small nonprofits and large ones as well. The system is easy to use and QuickBooks has a ton of guides and videos to help begins with just about anything. Truly accounting made easy, not to mention the dozens of app integrations available.

Cons: My only complaint is when calling customer service, I have been helped by representatives who know less than I do about their program. I just hand up and call again to talk to someone else.

• Reviewed on 28/11/2020
Sabrina R.
CFO
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

"Multi Small Company"

Comments: Quickbooks Online Advanced overall has served our purpose well, especially as a small company, but as we continue to grow and with the expense increase we may need to look for other options that are more robust. It was worth it to attempt to make the system work for the cost, but not so much anymore.

Pros: The software is easy to use and can be accessed by multiple people in multiple locations. There are a multitude of videos available when attempting to do something new.

Cons: The cost has increased from $30 to $150 per month, which is a major increase for what doesn't seem like a lot of extra tools. The few things that our company needs cannot be helped with Priority Circle, we need the system to work more like desktop did.

Tammy P.
Staff Accountant
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"It's All About The Extras"

Pros: QBO Advanced includes the analytics through dashboards and Fathom. These are powerful tools and very useful for management. The Enhanced Custom Fields are valuable for our company as we are able to capture information that can be kept in QBO with the client instead of having several spreadsheet to keep this information. The Customize Access By Role is helpful for us because we are able to then develop UI from our software into QBO allowing our developer to have access to QBO but not have access to the entire company file. Feedback is very vital for us the user. As we find something that could make our jobs easier, or a way of getting information out you can always enter the feedback in for Intuit's development team to review. I have experienced that some feedback has been addressed, which adds value for us because we know that the software is becoming a tool that will do all that we need it to do.

Cons: We lost a couple reports when we converted over from desktop, but Intuit is constantly working on enhancing the software.

Molly C.
Senior Financial Manager
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Best Move My Company Ever Made"

Comments: The cost for this product is amazing. We have saved $100,000 yr since switching from NetSuite. My team and I honestly prefer QuickBooks for everyday bookkeeping and business operations. For our company the switch was a no-brainer.

Pros: This software is so easy to use and makes training a breeze. A ton of the functionality makes everything more efficient and intuitive. The reporting is awesome and easy to create your own custom reports.

Cons: You cannot have multiple tabs open and you cannot easily create consolidated financials to include multiple instances.

Harmony F.
Business Office Manager
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"QBO is Definitely Different"

Comments: Our overall experience with QBO Advanced has been pretty good. I think with the development and implementation of more features or customization of different "modules" to be customer specific it would serve us perfectly. And hey, the price is WONDERFUL!

Pros: What I like most about using QBO Advanced is how user friendly and simplistic it is to use. We transitioned our entire financial management system and for the most part it was relatively smooth.

Cons: There were many obstacles to overcome in the transition to QBO Advanced. It mainly involve how to find work around solutions for areas not offered in QBO Advanced such as specifically detailed inventory management and also fixed assets. The inventory process in QBO is clunky and too simplistic for our company, BUT since QBO is so easy to use we have customized processes to make it work for us.

Karen S.
Accountant/Owner
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"Non-Profit QBO simplifies donor & expense allocations for auditing purposes."

Comments: I have been using Quickbooks Non-Profit for years and all entries and creation of programs for a non-profit provides a visual presentation that provides Board Members and Financial Auditors the clarity and simplifies where the non-profit stands.

Pros: Due to the complexities of non-profit financials. Quickbooks alleviates much of the work and assists with proper allocations of Donor Contribution, Grants and Foundation monies. Classifying expenses is also tricky without the easy to use features Quickbooks non-profit software provides.

Cons: I cannot think of any downfalls. I have used other non-profit accounting softwares and Quickbooks is by the far the best.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2021