• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.3 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.6 /5

About Notion

Notion is the all-in-one workspace for notes, projects, documents, and collaboration.

Learn more about Notion

Milica S.
HoL
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2021

"Fantastic for personal and professional use"

Comments: After using it for a week, I have texted almost all of my friends and partners to recommend it with a comment: "trust me, you don't know you need this tool" as I was thrilled to discover it. As someone who was using every single organizing tool under the Sun, I'd say there's nothing more flexible, user-friendly, and smarter than Notion. I am beyond grateful to the creators of this product, can't recommend it enough.

Pros: 1. Great flexibility - it allows you to custom your pages however you want, it's like all its competitors in one! Whether you need standard tables, text, mood board, project management tools, task lists, Notion has it all 2. Shortcuts and links for everything - once you become an advanced user, you'll finish your work faster you could ever imagine, as it has shortcuts for every action. You can also link pages, and pull out the data from one page to another, which is incredibly important when you're managing projects & people 3. Perfect for both personal and private use - I store my reading lists, to do's, home binder, and run my company in the same app 4. Large online community with lots of creative ideas on how to get the best out of this software.

Cons: I would like it to be encrypted, and by far this is the only disadvantage I've found.

• Reviewed on 26/01/2021
Rick M.
Director of Photography
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2021

"So long Evernote! Hello notion"

Comments: I run my personal business, collaborate with coworkers, and even do personal project management with the same account all under the free tier. It's become my go-to for everything that Evernote used to do for me, but with WAAAAY more features and functionality.

Pros: The thing I love most about Notion is how customizable it is. Even at the free personal tier, I don't see the majority if individuals needing to expand to the paid version. Any time a product can give so much value at the FREE level, means they're in it for the long haul and they're the real deal.

Cons: The blocks setup makes copy and pasting a little tricky. You can't just copy a whole entry and paste it into google docs or an email with out having to fix it on the paste side of things. Small issue but not that big of a deal for everything that it can do.

Caitlin D.
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2021

"I'm a Notion convert"

Comments: Notion is a great platform that can be used in a variety of ways. We're moved a ton of content from Google Docs, Dropbox, and our website over to Notion since it's so easy to customize and link to existing content, upload files, and embed images.

Pros: I absolutely LOVE Notion. At first, I was skeptical of adding another program to our mix, especially one that would take the place of using additional pages on our website. It's an incredibly valuable platform for quickly creating landing pages for external members that are easy to customize and keep updated.

Cons: My only complaint is that the website is sometimes down. Since we host so much content on the site, it can really throw a wrench it a workday if the site isn't working.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2021
Megan B.
Blogger
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2020

"Notion is a great tool to organize just about anything"

Comments: I use Notion to plan blog posts, collect research, make notes and save webpages. It has almost fully replaced evernote for me. I really love the mobile app and can see this tool developing further so it will be an all in one go to tool for organizing and planning.

Pros: You can organize your entire life using Notion, your work, study and home life can all be taken care of within Notion. You can replace so many other tools with this one tool that runs on your computer or phone. There is heaps of templates to get you started such as calendars, to do lists, meeting notes, saved websites and much more.

Cons: There could be a bit more of a similar way to bookmark webpages like evernote but this functionality is developing.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2020
Lucy K.
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2020

"I love this product"

Comments: I love it. We use it for everything at work now.

Pros: The amount of effort which goes into thinking about the design. How easy it is to make your own thing. How complicated it can be if you want, but also how simple it can be if you don't. The fact that we can design all our own systems and processes and have them in one place.

Cons: I think sometimes I've noticed it being difficult to get other people involved on specific documents without having to add them as a user - which isn't really worth it for eg. one page.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2020
David C.
CFO
Farming, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2020

"Really good software to collaborate as a startup"

Comments: Able to collaborate with global team, put in notes and research for later, and keep on track of status of items.

Pros: Create sharable boards for each function of the business to collaborate on.

Cons: Working out billing was a bit of a pain.

Alexandra G.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2020

"The project management platform I've been dreaming of!"

Comments: Incredible. So easy to implement, I switched from anther project management tool and was stressed about the undertaking but it went so seamlessly. I can't say enough great things about this tool, it's so powerful and organized so simply that it makes it incredibly easy to use.

Pros: It's simple and yet incredibly feature rich, allowing you to customize every page to the way that you process and organize information. The search tool is powerful and with so many formatting/layout options Notion gets rid of the need for Google Docs. The price is also insanely great and their free option let's you try it out first before you commit.

Cons: The only feature I would say is missing is a chat option. Team members can easily collaborate on documents, tagging each other and leaving comments but having a chat feature that functions like Slack would be awesome so it's truly an all in one platform.

Editor
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2020

"Goodbye Asana, Hello Notion"

Pros: As a longtime user of Asana, I always wished the properties for tasks were more customizable. Notion solves this problem and then some. Within a week, I had set off on a quest to consolidate information for my company that was spread across Google Docs, Sheets, and Asana, all into Notion. It does it all, and it does it all in an infinitely customizable way. Want to view a PDF, a table, images, and embedded videos all in one page? Easy. Want to create a database that serves multiple departments across your company? Piece of cake. It's so customizable that I even began to use it to track things in my personal life - goals, recipes, bills, notes. It is truly the ultimate planner.

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve to understanding exactly how Notion operates (databases, pages, relations, permissions) but this comes with any software. But once I had my "a-ha!" moment, I realized just how much information I would be able to organize all within one app.

Vanessa F.
Marketing Consultant
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2020

"Notion is a lifesaver for entrepreneurs with ADHD"

Pros: As an entrepreneur, Notion has been a dream come true for its knowledge management functionality and ease of use. As someone with ADHD, Notion has been a lifesaver for me to create *custom* layouts and workflows that best fit how my brain operates. I love being able to customize my workspace in a way that helps keep me organized and focused - something very challenging for me! Everyone has a unique way in which they operate that allows them to work productive and efficient and Notion gives people freedom to create the workspace and workflow that is custom fit to our unique needs. And there are so many customizable templates to start off with so you don’t even have to create from scratch if you don’t want to. One of my favorite features is how you can change the view of the data you’re looking at. You can view the same data in an image gallery view, in kanban columns, in a table, on a timeline, or in a calendar view. Many notion users, myself included, like that Notion allows you to create a life operating system - a series of workflows that allow you to stay aligned, organized, and focused on making progress on the life you’ve designed for yourself (business & personal).

Cons: I love Notion so much it’s hard to think of flaws.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2020
Lee B.
Senior Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"Highly flexible note-taking and data management"

Comments: Notion has become crucial in my work life. If I didn't have Notion, I know I would be less organized and less productive.

Pros: The way I structure my notes and databases is entirely up to me. This allows me to track projects with tasks inside them, issues that are linked to each other, or just a simple list of notes. The amount of things I can keep track of in Notion is really surprising.

Cons: The rate of development seems to have slowed down. An "API" was at the top of their roadmap a year ago. It still hasn't been delivered, and they've removed public access to their roadmap.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
Teresa F.
Service Designer
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2021

"Your own online, collaborative bullet journal, with lots of useful templates"

Comments: I started using Notion as an organization tool for my personal life, as suggested by a friend. I really appreciated how easily customizable it was and the number of design / PM related templates they had, so I started using it in my design projects as well. It has been working out well for me, but I still resort to Google Suite for many things where Notion is lacking, such as Sheets and Calendar.

Pros: It has a vast amount of templates suited for almost any need, and they are incredibly easy to customize.

Cons: I find it hard to change a page's template / form after it has been set. I usually resort to deleting it and starting over, but that can be a pain when you're starting a new page and trying out different templates. Tables can be a bit confusing, and aren't very good if you're looking to perform calculations.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2021
Michael S.
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2021

"I've been under a Rock all my life, then Notion came along."

Comments: I've been able to clearly organize and document all the work that I do for my clients along with creating various templates to save time. In my line of work, time is key, and using Notion has helped me to improve the speed at which I'm able to complete my work for my clients. Not only do I have access to documentation that helps me accomplish my tasks, but I can also customize the workflow for each client depending on their needs, which really helps me with project management. Unless something else comes that is better than Notion, I'll be staying here for the long haul.

Pros: I love that this is as if Asana and Trello came together and had a baby with their features combined and yet much better (with all kinds of features). I love the customizability of Notion. Each notebook can be heavily customized to fit my needs and I can actually have my life and business all within one space.

Cons: Only least thing I like is when it goes down that there isn't always a notice to show you that it is currently experiencing problems. Aside from that, this product is worth every penny.

• Reviewed on 05/01/2021
Cooper L.
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"Does a lot, but perhaps too much"

Comments: Notion on Desktop works great, but the flexibility makes it quite complicated. The mobile apps are a bit slow and lacking. With significant refinement, Notion could grow significantly and overtake many other platforms with its benefits, but it has a ways to go.

Pros: Notion does a great job in doing a lot of different things. It provides a Kanban board for organizing tasks, it provides a system to create documents, and provides a platform for controlled access to set up knowledge bases. The flexibility of the platform is the key benefit.

Cons: Due to how spread out Notion is with all its features, it lacks in nearly every area to direct competitors. For document creation/sharing, there are better options. For Kanban boards, many better options. For spreadsheets, the same things. What Notion could do, but hasn't is provide one Multiplatform app to access these, but the mobile apps are significantly lacking compared to the individual apps of its competitors, providing a poor experience.

• Reviewed on 23/06/2020
Ezra S.
Customer Support Engineer at Appointlet
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"Notion is the best note taking tool out there"

Comments: I love the software and have recommended it to people across every industry.

Pros: I am a HUGE fan of Notion. We use it every day to track all growth related activities. It does a phenomenal job with organizing documents and making them accessible to the whole team. My favorite features are the spreadsheets and tagging system, which I've used extensively for tracking customer research.

Cons: The only complaint I have is that the system for notifying other team members when they've been tagged is not the easiest thing to use. It could use some improvement. We use Pivotal Tracker and Clubhouse, which are more robust for customer support and development tickets.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2020
Freelancer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2019

"Notion review"

Comments: I can create and edit documents with colleagues, track simple projects, save articles, video i like, and also make notes and keep a diary. Notion helps me and the team to share the information more and more easily. Personal knowledge and experience was written in topic in the notion, it can bo strong as the wiki.

Pros: I enjoy the function about creating and tracking the simple projects with colleagues.

Cons: There are very few options for organizing content and customizing views.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2019
Natalie T.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Insurance Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2021

"Straightforward project management platform"

Comments: My team desperately needed a simple project management tool we were all on board with. Now that we use Notion, we're much more organized. The last program we used was boycotted by nearly half the team because of how difficult it was to navigate. Now, we're all excited about using Notion.

Pros: My team got on board with Notion to replace a previous project management platform that was clunky and confusing. Notion was a breath of fresh air for many of us, and for others it was a breeze to learn. It's a fairly intuitive platform that is easy to utilize for personal or team project management.

Cons: Templates are somewhat difficult and/or time consuming to customize so I keep it simple, but it's not as organized this way. Bullet points and lists are easier to use most times and while this is effective for personal use, when sharing with my team, I would like to spruce it up a bit, if it was easier to do that.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2021
Patrick E.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Really intuitive and awesome knowledge base"

Pros: It is easy to learn and quite intuitive. I like it how you can set emoji and covers for each page, this makes them rememberable. I also liked the whole block system and the markdown support.

Cons: It would be nice if the free plan would support more free blocks (currently: 1000).

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Wendy M.
Relationship Writer & Meditation Teacher
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2020

"Easy to use, comparable to Evernote"

Comments: It's been a good experience. It was easy to learn how to use, offers lots of functionality and features that I use frequently, and keeps me organized.

Pros: It's a great way to save things related to the projects I'm working on without having to go through a ton of organization steps. It comes with a few sections set up, and allows you to create more. Very easy to start using without a steep learning curve. And it includes a to-do list.

Cons: It's rather basic, without a lot of prettiness. It's focused heavily on functionality over appearance, which can make it a little boring for someone who likes to customize their experience and make things look nice.

Michael H.
Co-Founder | Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"Notion handles any workflow with ease"

Comments: We've used Notion as a team-collaborative note and project management app, which simplified our teams' internal processes.

Pros: Notion is one of the most flexible apps I've ever used, bar none. Notion can literally be set up to handle any workflow, team size, or project type. The app can be used for notes, project management, tasks and more - Making it a great one-tool solution for our agency. The entire app works flawlessly, and is incredibly lightweight.

Cons: At the time of our use, the Notion API wasn't fully developed yet, so the integrations were a bit limited. Compared to some of Notion's competitors, this is quite a bit of a drawback, because you're restricted on just how you can integrate Notion into your existing internal processes.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019
Customer Success Hero
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2020

"I love Notion!"

Comments: My experience with Notion has been wonderful! I love using it and there's always something new to learn. I use it for so many different things too. It's uses are almost limitless! (It can't do dishes for me).

Pros: I use Notion in my personal and professional work! It's incredibly powerful once you get to know your way around. I feel like there's always more to learn too! It's awesome!

Cons: It was a bit confusing at first when I started using it. I had switched from Evernote and it took a little longer to learn but once I did, the payoff was awesome!!!!!

• Reviewed on 25/09/2020
Rishi R.
Content Manager
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2020

"A Top Notch Note Taking App"

Comments: Great Experience
my Goto note taking app

Pros: 1. Easy to use , Intutive
2. Multiple Templates
3. Can be Scaled for Complicated Use Cases
4 Formulae to do Calculation and Create no code basic apps

Cons: 1. Slow
2. No API
3. Formulae and Code sometime are not reliable and difficult to use

• Reviewed on 20/08/2020
Polo G.
Product Designer
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2019

"A wiki, a todo list, a project tracker all in one app"

Comments: Great, Notion has to be one of the best new products that have come out in the past few years. It has made a real change in team communication and knowledge data base inside my startup.

Pros: - Easy to use
- The ways you can use it is beyond imagination
- Tables, wiki pages you can even embed things like prototypes inside a page.
- Easy to manage teams, and share files inside.
- Forget about having your own company site for internal use, this is the thing to have.
- The apps for mobile and tablet work so good.

Cons: - Has a little bit of learning curve but once you overcome it, the sky is the limit.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2019
Cassidy P.
Video Editor/Content Creator
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2021

"My new favourite task management app"

Comments: Overall, I love Notion. I started experimenting with for personal use, now I am slowly moving my business tasks to Notion also.

Pros: You can customise pretty much everything. Most templates are free, there aren't many paywalls, and what they do charge for seems pretty fair.

Cons: It can get a bit messy if I don't have an established system or idea of how I want to set everything up. But, that's the beauty of this compared to Asana.

Mayave R.
UI/UX Designer
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2021

"The most productive tool to organize your life"

Comments: I use Notion to organize my daily tasks, meeting notes, thesis schedule and work in progress.

Pros: Easy to use, clean interface, sharable pages, team mode. You have to type an slash '/' and a world emerge to organize your projects, life, thesis and more.

Cons: The personal PRO plan could be cheaper, due to don't have many differences from the free version, like collaborators sharing.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2021
Director, Sourcing Operations
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2019

"Not an Evernote replacement (yet!) but a well rounded solution for many other areas"

Comments: Because of the freedom the tool gives you, it can be a little overwhelming at times figuring out how to structure everything. But once you find a process that works for you, it's a fantastic tool. I use it to house everything from accounting data to bookmarks, to managing water changes for an aquarium.

Pros: The sandbox nature of the platform makes it really useful to tailor it around whatever you want it to be. It can house your to-do lists, project management, CRM and more.

Cons: No real cons and they're consistently rolling out new features and functionalities, the only downside is that I found myself spending a lot of time creating pages to house content rather than putting the content in. But once that initial investment of time is done, it's pretty streamlined.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2019