15 years helping Emirati businesses

RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

About RUN Powered by ADP

RUN simplifies payroll and HR with a comprehensive set of easy-to-use tools, all backed by ADPs small business expertise.

Learn more about RUN Powered by ADP

Pros:

Customer service is pretty quick to respond by chat or email. It has every feature I need, including customized deductions.

Cons:

I kept getting charged for things after cancellation.

RUN Powered by ADP ratings

4.4
4.3
4.4
4.2

8.3/10

RUN Powered by ADP has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 772 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used RUN Powered by ADP before?

Jeremy
Jeremy
Franchisee in US
Consumer Services, 201–500 Employees

Powerful Enough for Large Companies

Comments: Paying employees weekly or biweekly has been simplified.

Pros:

I've used a few payroll companies during my time but ADP always seems to be the most dependable and reliable.

Cons:

With convenience is going to come cost. However, the newer level additions have made programs more customizable and tailored to individual business owners.

4 years ago

Jeremy, How wonderful to hear that both our top notch RUN? Service Team and our powerful payroll engine provide you with features tailored to YOU. We appreciate you entrusting us with your partnership on your human capital management needs. -Your RUN? Service Team

Katrina
Katrina
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

RUN is a great, easy-to-use payroll solution

Comments: Having a sales rep available to respond to my inquiries is a huge convenience. The supplementary data and reports are appreciated, as well. I appreciate that your costs are less than those of similar businesses.

Pros:

RUN powered by ADP has numerous benefits, but the fact that it gives workers access to their data and the ability to modify it is my favorite feature. One's contact info, W-2 withholdings, and payment options can all be changed. This frees up a lot of my time, which I can then use toward more pressing matters, like making sure everyone is paid.

Cons:

It bothers me that the technology isn't as cutting-edge as the retail ADP. I also have experience in retail, where I find that updating information is less of a hassle than in wholesale.

5 days ago

Katrina, thank you for your review. We love hearing that our product delivers for you. We strive to offer the best possible experience for our clients, and your feedback about the Wholesale experience has been shared internally.   -Your RUN Team

Jennifer
Office Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Payroll Made Easy

5.0 last month New

Comments: My account manager is excellent. He is always responds quickly to any questions or problems I may have. It makes payroll simple.

Pros:

It makes my job much easier. This gives me time to work on other projects.

Cons:

There really isn't anything that I don't like about RUN.

5 days ago

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your review of RUN. We love hearing that RUN delivers for you. We strive to add value through our services and give you time to focus on your day-to-day business.   -Your RUN Team

Edgar
Edgar
president in US
Construction Software, 11–50 Employees

NO COMUNICATION, DISRESPECTFUL

1.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

nothing!! i suggest to run away from adp asap!! no customer support at all.

Cons:

they Dont comunicate with customers, the have a sales team that wont reply to emails or take for ever to reach back about key problems or issues, i was a customer for adp in the roll, platform and was changing to run from adp, all of sudden my account was terminated with no explanation what so ever, for a whole week i was trying to reach support to see where my account was, they never gave me answers nothing, that is was in implementation, reach out to that department and they said it was terminated because i didnt run payroll!! omg how can we run payroll if we where never notified that it was ready to do so!! no sense then, the only thing they can say am really sorry sir, we are sorry sir, we will have the sales person manager reach out to you then again they never do!!!

5 days ago

Edgar, we apologize for any frustrations you're experiencing with the service, but we're committed to helping you get the most out of RUN. A member of our team will be reaching out to follow up. Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP, so we thank you for the review.   -Your RUN Team

Ciera
Director of Operations in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

ADP will save you time and money!

Comments: We love ADP. There are not many times we need customer support so that doesn’t keep us from continuing this product.

Pros:

I love the payroll reminders and the ability to update employees in real time.

Cons:

Often times the customer service is really backed up and you experience long wait times.

5 days ago

Ciera, thank you for your review. We love hearing that our product delivers for you. We strive to offer the best possible experience for our clients, and your feedback about service wait time has been shared internally.   -Your RUN Team

Melinda
Executive Director, CFO in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Great software

Comments: My overall experience with ADP RUN was phenomenal, not only because I loved the user-friendly site that made my life as the administrator so much easier, but the customer service I received was top-notch! I had my own personal representative every step of the way. Any time I needed anything and reached out whether it was via email, text, or phone I would get an immediate response. I loved RUN so much that I made multiple referrals to them. Did you know that you can earn gift cards that you can use anywhere when you refer someone who signs up with ADP?! And each time you refer another person/business the amount of the gift card increases!!

Pros:

What I like most about the ADP RUN software is how user-friendly it is. You can literally be a first-time user with no instruction at all and successfully execute any task. The way the site is laid out makes it very easy to find what you're looking for. If you're not 100% sure what it is that you need but you have an idea you can even type a keyword into the search and all of the options associated with that word will pop up and trust me, you'll answer will be there!

Cons:

The thing that I liked least about ADP Software was the GPS tracking feature. It does offer a feature that will show you the location of the employee when they clock in and out but that's it. For my business I really needed more out of this feature like geo-fencing for each job location and for me to be able to get an alert if the employee clocked in/out outside of the job location. ADP RUN does not offer those additional features.

2 years ago

Melinda, Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP?. How wonderful to hear that RUN? provides you with the information and access you require at your fingertips, empowering you to focus on your business! We appreciate your valuable insights! -Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Roxanne
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Doing payroll in ADP in VERY easy!

Comments: Since I didn't do payroll before I started working at my current position, I feel that it is fairly easy to use. If I can learn to use it, anyone can.

Pros:

I like the ease of running all of the reports and that most of the ones you need are listed as standard reports. They also prepared PPP loan reports as standard reports to make your life easier.

Cons:

I don't like that when you have to divide salary employees into different accounts that it only keeps the first amount you put in. You have to manually add the other amounts every time.

3 years ago

Roxanne, We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP? and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you. Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you. -Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Cleo
HR Specialist in US
Human Resources Software, 11–50 Employees

Great payroll platform!

Comments: Overall, my experience with RUN Powered by ADP has been great. They provide good customer service support, especially if you use the Workers' Compensation services.

Pros:

I've been using ADP for more than two years now. We switched to ADP from Paychex, and I can say it was a smart decision. RUN Powered by ADP is friendly to use. The onboarding process is quick and easy, and the payroll processing feature is complete.

Cons:

The only thing that I believe ADP could improve is its pricing for extra features. The basic bundle is complete, but if you want to add features (i.e. child support options for employees) you have to switch to higher bundles.

4 years ago

Cleo, We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience beginning at on boarding and on to running payroll with ease! We value your partnership and appreciate your feedback. -Your RUN? Service Team

Dawn
Owner/Business Manager in US
Performing Arts, 11–50 Employees

Expensive but good

Comments: Overall satisfied with ADP, but switching to another provider that has a better timekeeping tool to save me ttime and money.

Pros:

Easy to use and get up to speed. Simple and easy to run payroll. Love that the system reminds you when you need to run payroll. Support is also good when needed. Most questions are answered quickly. Love not having to worry about filing payroll taxes, etc. ADP does all this for you which saves a small business owner lots of time that would spent on these things.

Cons:

Timekeeping app was not great and expensive compared to other payroll providers. The integration with QuickBooks is clunky and makes it hard to categorize payroll the way we need to track it for costs.

Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Great!

Comments: I love all features available to me and it is worth the price.

Pros:

Support from customer service. They actually expressed wanting to work with me. Went out of their way to get me started.

Cons:

Nothing. I have honestly been impressed.

Lynnette
Treasurer in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Run Powered by ADP

Comments: I am glad to see that more attention has been given to the app. I used to have a lot of frustration with the app and have not seen as many problems as in the past. Please continue making improvements to the app!

Pros:

It does the work of payroll for you! Storing a template for payroll, paying taxes for our business, easy to use reporting are just a few of the extremely helpful things Run ADP does. Love the app that is available!

Cons:

When I to the Time Management area and it comes up in another screen, I find it very annoying that I cannot easily return to the Run program. Once I sign out of Time Management and try to go back to Run, it says I am not authorized to view this page. Would be very nice to return to Run without having to sign back in.

4 years ago

Lynnette, Thank you for providing this valuable feedback about your experience with RUN Powered by ADP?! We are pleased to hear you find RUN Powered by ADP? to be easy and efficient, especially the mobile app that allows for on demand access! I will relay your login access feedback to our Product Team for further review. We thank you for your valued partnership and appreciate your insights! - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Payroll Taxes

Comments: It is not different than Paychex. Just big corporate software. It works well, but if you have a problem you are working with giant companies. Not sure with Paychex, but ADP customer service was horrific.

Pros:

Actual payroll processing and data entry of employees and payroll is easy.

Cons:

I had payroll tax issues that were not resolved by customer service, and in fact were made worse, causing a fine and back taxes.

4 years ago

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?. We love hearing that RUN Powered by ADP? is not only easy and intuitive for you, but it also streamlines your payroll processing. Our RUN? Service Team would like to ensure your tax concerns are resolved, we look forward to connecting with you. As always, we strive to add value to your organization and add time back into your day through our products and services enabling you to focus on what matters most. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Nessa
Hospital Administrator in US
Veterinary Software, 2–10 Employees

Don't do it!

Comments: I have had nothing but problems with ADP. I am not a fan. I think that there are better alternatives like Quickbooks Payroll service. ADP has screwed up an employees wage garnishment resulting in fees. Their PTO tracking has limitations and the customer service is ridiculous.

Pros:

There isn't much I like about this software. I think it isn't rocket science so a beginner could navigate it.

Cons:

It has major limitations. Support is difficult to get ahold of. The company tries to sell you unnecessary products through scare tactic emails (ex. you are not in compliance).

Carrie
CFO in Germany
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

RUN is a good platform for a global company, easy to use, cost effective & great customer support.

Comments: Piece of mind that Payroll is done correctly and timely and that our company is compliant with tax & government agencies.

Pros:

Scalability, portability, reliability, ease of use, security, reporting & customer support are the most valued features when it comes to RUN powered by ADP. Our payrolls can grow or shrink very rapidly. This platform allows us to quickly transition our staff size & allows an international team to onboard, process payroll and terminate employees easily & efficiently. We can work anywhere that there is an internet connection & can focus on our core business and rely on ADP to handle taxes and garnishments. The application is well organized & easy to navigate. Security has greatly improved empowering employees & administrators. Central database is secure while always at my finger tips. Standard reporting & Adhoc reporting features are great! Customer Support deserves lots of credit - they are helpful, professional & supported us with difficult HR & technical questions passing along problems & ideas effectively. Finally, ADP has listened to suggestions & continuosly improved its software since 2010.

Cons:

There are two items that I like the least about this software. They are both related. Most important is the lack of a feature allowing us to import our payroll data into the "Payroll Task". When we grow it is very time consuming & cumbersome to key in all the data. A feature to import the payroll data would be fantastic! I do not want to go to another platform, which allows the data from the proprietary Time Tracking software to be imported. ADP has tried to sell me this but RUN is perfect for us - just the payroll processing is more cumbersome when under time crunch & when we have lots of employees working different shifts, at different rates, with OT, double time, etc. Second point is the capability of a payroll administrator being able to input/review/edit the data in the Payroll Task & save it. Should not be able to add or delete the Task and not be able to RUN the task (impound the bank). But my team could help out in different time zones if this 2nd feature would be implemented.

Juanita
Owner in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Great product with inconsistent customer service

Comments: I have not found a better more affordable option. It does everything I need it to do and requires very little effort on my end. I appreciate that it just requires me to tap a few buttons to rub my payroll. I need something that is quick and easy.

Pros:

The website and mobile app are very easy to use. Being able to run payroll on the go is very helpful but you can’t add an employee from the mobile app.

Cons:

I hate that I can’t add an employee from the app. It has made it difficult sometimes. I also despise the long wait times for customer service. They have a call back option that they say you won’t lose your spot using but it generally takes hours to get a call back. That’s an absurd amount of time.I also hate the nonstop sales calls. I had to threaten to close all my accounts to get the calls to stop. The timekeeping with adp run was a nightmare. If there are any errors it causes issues with running payroll from the app.

2 years ago

Juanita, We are happy to hear that overall you find ease of use and helpful functionality within RUN Powered by ADP®. We appreciate your feedback on the Mobile app and wait times and have passed this along for review. Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review. - Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Reliable, easy, and great customer service

Comments: It's extremely user friendly, employees can log in to see pay stubs and reports about their pay, customer service is exceptional, and it's not very costly, considering the amount of time it would take me to do this on my own.

Pros:

I've had to rely on customer support a few times, whether for questions or the occasional mistake in processing. I've never had an issue that wasn't solved within five minutes. I can open a chat or give them a call, and they either fix it for me or teach me what I need to know. I'm sent a reminder when it's time to run payroll. I especially like that any of the reports can be exported to Excel.

Cons:

Once you submit a payroll, you can't edit it. It would be nice if you could complete a payroll, then view some of the resulting reports to identify an errors, then submit it. But, once you click submit, you have to get support involved to change anything. Also, though it's very easy to export any report to Excel, they are formatted to be viewed, not necessarily used for analysis. For example, a report might have multiple occurrences of column titles in the same column as numerical data, in addition to having subtotals in the same column as data. Employee name and date appear above each data set and not on the same row as the data.

4 years ago

Thank you for your exceptional review of RUN Powered by ADP?! We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient! The RUN? Service Team is always here to provide quality support, right in the moment you need it and we are thrilled to hear that has been your experience. Your feedback and insights are important to us so that we can continue to deliver you with the products and tools that enhance your business. Our team would be happy to discuss reports in more depth with you, we look forward to hearing from you. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Construction Software, 201–500 Employees

Makes Payroll Simple and Easy

Pros:

I used RUN powered by ADP with a company I previously owned with 5 employees. For probably all business owners doing payroll, withholding, and taxes is the biggest stress. RUN was a simple and easy to use for my payroll. You can change employees hours or wages each week by logging into their web portal. It takes no time at all to process the payroll. For the salary employees it was simple to have a reoccurring payroll payment to them every two weeks. It will send the employees all of their information for their direct deposits. The employee can also login to see all his or her information. Best of all at the end of the year the taxes and forms paperwork is all taken care of for you. They will automatically send out the W2s to the employees. This relieves a lot of stress at the end of the year when it comes to taxes. I had to call customer service a few times for questions and help. Their customer service is top notch and very helpful. They have logged into my computer and showed me everything I needed to know. This is a great option for payroll for businesses.

Cons:

The only con I could mention is the cost for the service. Of course we all want things to be less expensive but this was a little more expensive than most payroll services. The quality is outstanding so you definitely get what you pay for. RUN has so many extra features that most do not. Aside from the additional cost for RUN I would still recommend it from all the others I have used.

Pam
General Manager in US

Run by ADP makes payroll super easy! Payroll takes me less than 10 minutes with a staff of 30!

Pros:

What I like best is how simple and user-friendly it is. The ease of initially setting up an employee can't be beaten. I especially love how fast I get payroll done. Run takes all the guesswork out of payroll. I simply approve what RUN has already done and submit. Payroll is just that easy! Plus I can easily access any payroll, employee or tax document. The best part, if I make a mistake their staff is incredible at finding a solution! They're friendly and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend using Run in conjunction with ADP's ezlabor. You';re employees clock in and get paid under the same system which saves even more time!

Cons:

The only flaw I can is that if an employee puts in their 2 week notice, for example, you cannot add it to run in advance. You have to wait until the employee is no longer clocking in/out to update their information. It would have saved a step to be able to put it in immediately when they give notice.

Beverly
Independent Business Owner in US
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

As A Small Business That Just Started in December 2019, I Feel Taken Advantage Of!

Comments: I just wanted to know how much ADP would cost. Upon talking to the saleswoman over the phone she basically pushed me into going with ADP because there was a promotion going on at the time. From the moment I began using it things have not gone smoothly. I was hit with a couple of NSFs which I admit is my fault because of the bank I am currently using. But also I experienced financial hardship due to the pandemic. I was unable to afford ADP for the month of April. Because of this, they deactivated my account without any real warning. The thing is, the account was still functional, so I even added the time management feature for my employees. I was super excited about that. When I got my PPP loan, I immediately called ADP and scheduled payment that I owed so that my payroll feature would not be suspended. That's when I found out that the account had been deactivated. Instead of reactivating, they offered me a new one and an even bigger discount. But they realized that they had to file Q1 taxes. So they closed the new account, voided the payroll for that account, and reactivated the first account I had. Which is what should have been done in the first place. I was advised to use another method to pay my employees for the pay period until they get my account in order. Somehow, today, I receive an invoice for the payroll I ran even though it was voided. I am being charged for services that I didn't even get to use. Every time I turn around I am having to give them more and more $

Pros:

It's very comprehensive and easy to use. Initially seems like you can get a good deal and that the product is worth the price.

Cons:

It turns out to be too expensive and it's like they don't get that they charge nearly $400 a month while other companies charge $40. They are not friendly enough for new small businesses and offer no flexibility during hardship such as the pandemic. I ended up having to shell out hundreds of dollars just because I couldn't afford to use the software. When dealing with customer service, things also tend to get unorganized and confusing when they don't have to be.

4 years ago

Beverly, We understand the hardship during these times and putting your business and employees first is front of mind. Your RUN? Support Team will be reaching out to ensure full resolution of these matters. We appreciate your partnership and trust more than ever and look forward to connecting to restore that balance. -Your RUN? Support Team

Valeria
Manager in US
Construction Software, 2–10 Employees

Amazing Sellers but after you sign it is a total mess

Comments: The person who sold this to me was great answering questions and said that he will be my point of contact is I needed anything after I sign up. Well… once the first problem started be disappeared…. And when he dis answer he was mas I reached out. Adp was collecting my state taxes but not sending them to the state, they said I never submitted my documents (which I did) and it was on my to fix it. Price changes without a formal notification.

Pros:

You can run it on an app anywhere you are.

Cons:

The customer service is pretty slow, lots of [sensitive content hidden] and never happened.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

ADP Review

Comments: Overall, ADP is a great software. We used it at a prior job for running payroll and it works great. We were able to pull the reports that we needed and run payroll seamlessly. ADP's support staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions that we had.

Pros:

ADP has a lot of good benefits to the user. First off, the user interface is easy to use. It is fairly easy to learn the system and start navigating its menus. Second, the system is very accurate as one would expect. It makes running payroll fairly easy. It allows users to house employee data and then using that data when running payroll.

Cons:

The one con (if you can call it a con) would be that you would have to have some training on how to use the system to get the most benefit out of it. It isn't a system that you can just sit down and play with it for a few hours and be an expert at using it.

Garrett
Garrett
Junior Editor in US
Entertainment, 5,001–10,000 Employees

A few rough edges

Pros:

It's great having a platform to check my daily punches, pay statements, and time off requests. I can always trust that my requests will go where they need to without needing to follow up in a separate email.

Cons:

There have been times where the website has been late recognizing my morning punch in, which has led to some confusion with my manager. Navigation on the mobile app feels a little counter intuitive compared to the main website, namely with pulling up my full time card; it would be great if the Clock page on the app had a shorcut to jump straight to the Time card page so I could easily access the full breakdown of my hours. Also, though this is a small nitpick, the fact that the login page doesn't offer a simple prompt to re-enter your password drives me just a little nuts.

Chad
Director of Human Resouces in US
Construction Software, 51–200 Employees

Run will help your small business

Pros:

It is very user friendly. For small business it gets the job done. I would encourage everyone to get their HR support and the legal club. That gets you access to lawyers for a 30 minute consultation and can help you make the right decision for your company. Payroll, taxes, garnishments, and more become very easy to do when you have Run.

Cons:

After you get over 50 people it's limitations start to become apparent. Sometimes the system glitches and a raise you put in doesn't happen on the paycheck. The customer support is often not based in America but it isn't terrible. The worst part about the customer support are they waits, but over the past few months they have gotten shorter.

Jennifer
Human Resources Representative in US

Great human resource management tool.

Pros:

Great human resource management tool that is easy to use. I love that it gives you real-time reports and lets you create reports that are calculated by the time you have been working. It is very convenient that ADP tool is compatible with many other project management tools and can be easily integrated.

Cons:

ADP is a web-based tool with smart time tracking. I wish it could track how many time you have spent on each client with one simple click. The general invoice system is very user-friendly and straightforward however currency change is not an available feature. Detailed visual overviews help plan your time and resources better and offers valuable insights, however the interface is a little boring.

Owner in US
Construction Software, 2–10 Employees

RUN is Awesome!

Comments: As a small business with 3-5 employees, you might not think of ADP RUN, but it's great! I deal with customer service weekly and use the RUN app almost every day. It is an excellent tool for my small business!

Pros:

I have been using RUN since 2009 and what I most like is how user-friendly and easy it is to use as well as providing detailed easy to manage and download reports. Also, RUN provided all the needed records for the cares act(PPP), which was a huge help with the loan process. Lastly, I also frequently use the mobile app, a great feature I do enjoy. Very happy to refer RUN!

Cons:

As of yet, not much! RUN has been a great tool for many years and have not found anything I didn't find helpful.

3 years ago

John, We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP? and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you. Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you. -Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team