• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Melio

Pay any vendor or bill for free. Use bank transfer or card even if vendors only accept checks.

Learn more about Melio

George A.
Portfolio Management
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2020

"Great Software"

Comments: It has been great overall: saves me a lot of time, great price point, and customer service has reached out to me numerous times to tell me about new functions and to check in.

Pros: The ease of use is incredible. I simply drop one of my invoices into the software and generate a check within seconds. So much easier than writing checks by hand. Melio has saved me hours in productivity.

Cons: I would like more integration into Quickbooks. Also, sometimes when you drop a new vendor's invoice, the software doesn't read it correctly.

by Melio on 27/12/2020

Hi George, thank you so much for this wonderful review and for your important feedback. We are so happy to hear Melio is making your life easier and saving you valuable working hours - it's what we're here for! We will pass your input along to the relevant teams and continue to work to make our service even better.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2020
Adrienne L.
Financial Services Software, Self Employed

"Not on time"

Comments: If Melio does not deliver your payments on time I don’t see how it will benefit companies.

Pros: Modern, ease of use, could be useful and a good idea.

Cons: No matter the date you choose they are late processing and will make you late on due dates.

Nicole G.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2020

"Great overall but could use some improvements"

Comments: I've had some slow responses in the past when transactions haven't gone through smoothly but overall I've been happy with their customer service and their service.

Pros: It's easy to use and it does what it advertises.

Cons: I don't like that the fees get lumped into one big payment. I would prefer separate bills for each transaction fee. I would also like to have the option to see when a check was deposited by the vendor (and see a copy of the check) instead of having to reach out to customer service each time.

Dante D.
Co-Owner
Wine & Spirits, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2020

"A great service overall"

Pros: Straight to the point - it simply and effectively works.

Cons: I haven't run into any issues so far. No complaints!

by Melio on 20/12/2020

Hi Dante, thank you for posting such a great review. Glad to hear you have had no issues with us :-)

Terrance P.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2021

"Nightmare experience followed by horrible support - run away fast"

Comments: Like having your business murdered.

Pros: It doesnt have any pros compared to the damage it caused us

Cons: It made us a victim of fraud and their support team is even more inadequate than quickbooks online support.

by Melio on 02/06/2021

Hi Terrance, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Without publicly getting into the specifics of your case, we've confirmed that the duplicate check issue you encountered has been addressed and resolved. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if you need any further assistance: [email protected]

• Reviewed on 09/04/2021
Lynne D.
Finance Director
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2020

"Garbage"

Comments: The chap I have been dealing with on the helpdesk has been lovely but his hands are tied. This mess is all the compliance area. What a disaster.

Pros: I originally liked it because our customers could choose to pay by their bank account with no fees. We are a preschool serving a diverse range of socio-economic backgrounds and being able to pay online made it easy for our families to pay their tuition fees without incurring extra costs.....BUT

Cons: We trialed it, then used it with a couple of parents and it worked well....FOR 1 MONTH!! Now they can't (won't) verify us as a company! It appears that they don't have the systems that make this an automated transaction platform. Real people at their company are deciding each month what they will allow and not allow - how bizarre is that!

by Melio on 05/11/2020

Hi Lynne, we are sorry you feel this way. Without getting into the specifics of your case, Melio is a business-to-business payment tool, allowing small business owners to make payments to other businesses online. For compliance reasons, we cannot approve transactions in which one or more of the parties is not a business. We would be happy to discuss the details via a separate channel and you are welcome to contact our support team at any time.

Team Melio.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2020
Joanne A.
Director of Admin. Services
Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 Employees

"Great Bill Pay Service"

Pros: Melio is very easy to use. I love that you can upload the invoice and it preloads most of the necessary fields to process payments. Everything transfers over to our quickbooks accounts. The option to pay with our credit card is very convenient.

Cons: We are a pharmaceutical company and unfortunately cannot pay for our pharmaceuticals through Melio due to some compliance issues.

Kyle B.
Managing Director
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2020

"Good; need international payments"

Pros: It is very convenient to use and the QB integration is a huge plus. I use this for Domestic transactions.

Cons: I really hope you make INTERNATIONAL payments possible really soon. I do business with vendors in China, Argentina, Bolivia, Philippines and I hope to use Melio's services to pay my vendors.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2020
Jason K.
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2020

"The easiest way to pay vendors"

Comments: Absolutely love it!

Pros: Love using this to easily pay all my vendors, track payments and of course have the flexibilty to use a credit card vs bank account as a funding option.

Cons: Improved workflow to add new vendors. Time for payment by check to get delivered.

by Melio on 27/12/2020

Hi Jason, thank you for this amazing review and for your important feedback. We are glad to hear you are finding Melio to be useful and easy and that you enjoy our features and interface. We are currently working to add fast payment options, so stay tuned.

David T.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2020

"Fantastic, easy to use product"

Comments: I have cut back on hand written checks by 90%, which saves me 2-3 hours and ACH transactions are more secure and immediate than mail.

Pros: I like how easy it is to use and the product feels very secure.

Cons: Copying vendors between stores under the same company would be a great feature. I found the Quickbooks integration clunky, as every time I made a payment it made several entries, but it's fast enough to manually enter payments.

by Melio on 20/12/2020

Hi David, thank you for posting such a great review. We are glad to hear using Melio saves your business so much time - it's what we're here for! We would also like to thank you for your valuable feedback and will pass it along to the team to see what can be improved.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2020
Katherine M.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2020

"High marks for ease of use and customer service"

Comments: Overall I've been very pleased with Melio. We currently only use it to pay vendors which is all we need and for that it's perfect. The payments are fast, secure, and easy to set up. I should have signed up for this service long ago!

Pros: Pros are user friendly, customer service, speed of payment.

Cons: I don't know that I've found any cons yet. So far the program has given me exactly what I've needed it to. I guess the only thing is not being able to merge two vendors that are the same but accidentally created if both have a payment already made on them.

by Melio on 20/12/2020

Hi Katherine, thank you so much for this great review. So happy to hear Melio has been able to simplify your bill pay process and we're super grateful to have you as a customer.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2020
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2021

"They Cancelled My Account"

Comments: Not dandy, not happy

Pros: I have no idea if I cannot use it, I cannot know

Cons: My client wanted to pay with a bank transfer, so I signed up for Melio. I set up the account, verify the deposit, all looked like it is working properly. Now my client signed the contract, I sent him a payment request, he paid and a day later I get notified that my account could not be verified and the payment won't go through. This is so embarrassing. Instead of them contacting me and request whatever proof they need, do this discreetly, and continue the process, they just kicked me off. I have no idea why. Why not at the time I signed up. Why am I verifying my bank account last week was not enough? It is a business account. This payment is business to business. My business has been around since 2011. I really don't know. Now I either have to find another payment method or somehow get this back working and ask my client again to pay. It is just not a reliable way for me to do business. They will wonder if I cannot even get their payment coming through what kind of service I will provide. That is a bad way to build trust with a new client. Thanks, Melio

by Melio on 28/06/2021

Hi, our Risk & Compliance team determined we are unable to support your transactions. While we cannot publicly discuss the details of your case, if you would like to provide us with further information and appeal our decision you can reach out directly to: [email protected]

• Reviewed on 15/06/2021
Founder & Owner
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

"Simple & Efficient"

Comments: Simple & Efficient - I cannot believe that it took that long for someone to create such a service.
Very happy user and will be recommending to my other friends running small businesses.

Pros: The app was intuitive and did not require multiple layers of registration which is annoying when dealing with financial related entities

Cons: I wish that the 2.9% was cheaper. Looking for possibilities also to pay vendors who are not located in the USA.

Eric K.
Web designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2020

"The best and last payment software I will ever use"

Comments: Super easy to get paid as a freelancer and my clients love the options.

Pros: It’s so easy to get paid as a freelancer

Cons: No downsides that I can think of. It would be nice to have a mobile app.

Barb C.
Bookkeeper
Accounting Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2020

"Good System - Needs some tweaks"

Comments: I have onboarded 2 clients. The first one went well. The second one did not. We had to verify the bank account the deposits did not come through. I kept getting different answers from customer service. Sometimes saying they had gone out, and sometimes saying they had not gone out yet. Back and forth. I think it took about 10 days for them to finally send them out. I still don't know why.

Pros: Very inexpensive way to send ACH payments. ACH is free. Paying with a CC is not, but that's not surprising. Ability to sync bills/payments to/from Quickbooks Online.

Cons: All payments/bills have to be paid one at a time even if it's the same vendor. Need a way to pay more than one at once to be more efficient. No good reports to see what payments have been sent out.

by Melio on 20/12/2020

Hi Barb, thank you for posting this review and providing us with valuable feedback. We will pass your input along to the relevant teams. We are sorry to hear about the issue you had but are glad it was finally resolved. Happy to hear you find Melio helpful and cost-effective.

Sue R.
Owner/ Founder
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2021

"Invoice"

Comments: Outside of the invoice problem, I can't find fault.

Pros: I like the ease of use. I also like that it offers what PayPal doesn't...I can allow my clients/customers to pay using their credit/debit card without having to create a account. Thats what I'm looking for, at an affordable price...melio got it

Cons: in order to complete a transaction the client/customer will have to add a invoice....ummmm...thats NOT going to work. I will loose money like that. Tried sending a message...NOONE is there to respond. Time to move on to a competitor

by Melio on 05/07/2021

Hi Sue, thank you for taking the time to post this review and provide us with valuable input that will help us make Melio even better.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2021
Natalie H.
Owner, Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2021

"Melio support will NOT get back to me, my account was disabled for NO reason"

Comments: Very poor support, I am extremely disappointed.

Pros: It was easy to use and I enjoyed using it, but that was before their support absolutely shut me out.

Cons: My account was "disabled" for absolutely no reason as far as I can tell. I have had multiple support chats with them, where they send me the same message and now have started cutting me off / disabling the chat right after they send it. Their compliance department will not get back to me when I was told they would reply within 24 hours.

by Melio on 28/06/2021

Hi Natalie, our Risk & Compliance team determined we are unable to support your transactions.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2021
Nate S.
VP
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"Needs met"

Pros: This fills the needs for us to manage our business when we're on the road.

Cons: Haven't had any real issues with the software.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Neil S.
COO
Renewables & Environment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2020

"All startup Founders and C-level execs need to know about Melio"

Comments: Exceptional. I have a relationship manager who always solves any issue that might come up, and I am thrilled these guys found me. Highly recommmend.

Pros: Melio made making payments to vendors, 1099s, partners, etc., A LOT easier for me. The interface is easy to understand, and it reads invoices well, so that you are just clicking buttons towards payments.

Cons: They need to make it so that you can pay expense reimbursements to W2 employees. I know they are working on that though.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2020
Christine C.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2020

"A Diamond in the rough ..."

Comments: Overall this platform has been a lifesaver. I'm glad I made the switch from Square.

Pros: I'm glad I discovered this platform. I had been paying an exuberant amount of fees to recieve payments from my customers. Thanks to Melio, I enjoy receiving electronic payments without the deduction of transaction fees.

Cons: I wish I could receive the payments faster. Sometimes it takes 4 to 5 days to show in my account. I also wish the notes field would be better. More space, better looking on the recipient side. Maybe invoicing is a feature Melio could add.

Zane B.
Chief Financial Officer
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees

"A God Among Men"

Comments: We use Melio to send all our ACH transfers. You can quickly upload and create bills and schedule payments for whenever they are due. when you send transfers via your business debit card, they arrive to your vendors NEXT DAY! It's super easy and actually fun to use. They also have the ability to pay your vendors via credit card, so they charge your card and deliver the funds to your vendor's bank account for a small fee. It really helps us keep up with cash flow, plus the 2% back from the credit card makes the fee almost non existent. And with the direct connection to Quickbooks Online, its super easy to sync all your vendors, bills and payments, making Melio a perfect bill management application. We'd recommend it to everyone.

Pros: - Free to use
- Free to send bank transfers
- Low cost to send bank transfers by charging a credit card
- Perfect bill management application
- Gorgeous and responsive UI
- Syncs directly with Quickbooks
- Quick and responsive support staff

Cons: No ability to pay international vendors via credit card transactions, but no one does that so not really a loss.

Brent F.
Ceo
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2020

"Melio is the easiest software to use"

Pros: I love everything about Melio form how easy it is to use and the dashboard is so simple. From switching to incoming payment to seeing who you paid in a click of a button.

Cons: It’s the best Nothing I didn’t like about it.

Ryan A.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2020

"Best Transfer Service Available"

Comments: Compared to our prior way of making payments to vendors, Melio makes it extremely easier and even saves us money!

Pros: Melio in my opinion is the best transfer service available. Simple and quick to use, it offers a tremendous value. Furthermore, customer service is one of the best I've dealt with.

Cons: It would be great if there was an ability to send international wires in other currencies. For example, in Chinese Yuan.

by Melio on 27/12/2020

Hi Ryan, thank you for taking the time to post such a great review. We are happy to hear Melio has proved easier and more cost-effective for your business than your previous payment service. We will pass your kind words along to our hard-working customer support team. About international payments, we are currently working on this feature, so stay tuned!

• Reviewed on 20/12/2020
Kate B.
CFO
Staffing & Recruiting, 51-200 Employees

"Melio Feedback"

Comments: I am happy with the product, especially since it is free for the functionality I am using it for. I would be willing to pay a small fee (at least the cost of a stamp) to have live checks be processed and mailed on the same day that the payment is processed.

Pros: I love that I can pay all invoices without printing and mailing checks. It is also great that the program completely integrates with QuickBooks so the bills show up automatically in Melio, and with a few clicks I can pay all of the bills.

Cons: It takes over a week for a live check to be delivered to a vendor, which is a long time.

by Melio on 20/12/2020

Hi Kate, thank you for taking the time to post such an excellent review. We are glad Melio has been able to save you time and busywork. We are currently working on a fast check feature and it should be available soon, so stay tuned.

Herbert R.
Computer Hardware, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2020

"Painless payments for painful payees"

Comments: Excellent

Pros: I was able to set up payments to the very few vendors that absolutely demand being paid via ACH rather than needing to consolidate my business transactions through a software suite to make it worthwhile.
It is also incredibly affordable or free for the transactions, and there has not been problems.

Cons: There was a feature that was pretty adept at picking up an invoice PDF and setting it up as a pending bill, but the accuracy has gone down. Nothing to cry about though as I have always triple checked things!

by Melio on 20/12/2020

Hi Herbert, thank you for the fantastic review. We are delighted to hear Melio has been able to take some of the pain out of making business payments - it's what we're here for. We would also like to thank you for your feedback which we will pass along to the team.