About EngageBay

EngageBay is a simple, affordable all-in-one marketing, sales and service CRM software to acquire, engage, nurture, close leads.

Learn more about EngageBay

Pros:

I love using a multiform that can manage all of my data and daily functions in the one place without having to sync and integrate multiple platforms using third party service providers.

Cons:

NO SMS Function However I have been told this is coming soon.

EngageBay ratings

4.5
4.9
4.6
4.8

8.8/10

EngageBay has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 303 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used EngageBay before?

Azizah
Azizah
Office Management in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Complete package for marketing tool

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

We received a complete software package consisting of at least forty diverse modules, which would have cost thousands of bucks. Due to this software, we have ended a profusion of subscriptions. We contacted support with a simple message and got a response nearly immediately.

Cons:

It costs a lot of money to buy more email space. Suppose there was a way to lower the cost of sending emails. Arranging a batch job to perform a sequence or automation at a predetermined time and day

Murat Yasar
Founder in Turkey
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Great features with no cost and unbelievable effective and fast support

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy to deploy and use. Very fast and effective support. Additional requests are developed and issued bugs are fixed almost instantly. I have never seen this fast development capability before in any other software before.

Cons:

It would require to develop some additional features for ticket management. But I am sure they would do that instantly after reporting. They have done that to my requests before within 1 day.

Alternatives Considered: Freshdesk

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: Free version was very limited. Engagebay provides much more function in its free version.

Switched From: Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: ngagebay provides much more function in its free version.

CTO in Romania
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Absolutely horrible!!

Comments: I've setup a "Sequence" with 3 emails to be sent before holding my Webinar and thought everything was ok and went on. Just to come back on the day of the Webinar to see that nothing was sent and every contact was hard bounced. Yes every single one of them.
Furthermore I couldn't send any email broadcasts to the contacts either. So mainly I was left with leads for my Webinar which I couldn't even use, were it up to Engagebay.
The support team's solution? Purchase credits to "verify the contacts" to be able to use them.
So besides making me lose my time, not delivering the emails and rendering all my contacts useless they want me to purchase something for it to actually work??
Absolutely disgusting and shameful business practices! They then tell me that the problem is not on their end and insist that every contact has an invalid email address. With another similar service I sent the emails with ease. Out of all the contacts, only 4 bounced.
Engagebay has set me back a lot with this.
Avoid at all costs!

Pros:

At first I liked what it offered for the free plan (things that other similar services didn't offer for free).

Cons:

It doesn't work at all and the support team asks you to purchase credits for it to work.

last year

Hi there, sorry to know about your experience with EngageBay. Just to bring to your notice, a hard bounce happens only when the email address is invalid. It looks like that is the case here. If the email address is invalid, there is nothing we can do from our end to avoid a hard bounce. To prevent such cases, we recommend all our users to verify all the emails they have on the list. Please note that we do not provide email verifier service ourselves and hence recommend other 3rd party solutions. Seems like the other service you used has a built in validation service and hence the bounces were limited. I would recommend you to send an email to [email protected] including the registered email address for your account and we can check what may have caused the bounces, though we are certain that it was due to the emails being invalid, we could always cross check.

Nick
CEO in Barbados
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees

great value for money software

Comments: Its good

Pros:

It is a comprehensive system that is easy to use, and if the get a problem the help guys are really good

Cons:

I just would like to have the ability to change the user view so that I can have one time quick view and I would love to link Skype

Alternatives Considered: GoldMine Premium Edition and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: I had used act for 30 years from version 2, but they started to change it from a good CRM system into a moderate marketing system

Switched From: Act!

Steve
Steve
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Huge value for the money, and world-class support

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We send email notifications to our group of volunteers to give them info on our weekly meetings, and a follow-up email the next day if they don't open the first one. We also send a text with a link to a landing page with the same info. Attendance and participation has at least doubled since we started using EngageBay a few months ago.

Pros:

It does everything the "big name" companies do, at a fraction of the price. And the support staff is world-class. Very helpful, quick to respond 24/7.

Cons:

Creating an email template or landing page is a little clunky the first time, but subsequent modifications are simple.

Director in UK
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees

Superb CRM and Emailer System

5.0 last month New

Comments: Very intuitive product, easy to use, easy to customise / personalise

Pros:

The flexibility with which emails and the CRM system itself can be customised

Cons:

There is nothing I do not like about this system

CEO in Australia
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees

Service is always there

5.0 last month New

Comments: Superb

Pros:

If I have a question I just click in the bottom left of my screen and state my issue, and within a few minutes it is solved by a real person. Excellent support!

Cons:

I have not found any negatives so far. Still looking.

Shannon
CEO/Founder in US

The Best All-in-One Budget Friendly CRM Out There!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, the tool has served our needs. Anytime I need to get help with something I don't understand or feel isn't working properly I can almost always get customer service help immediately through chat. They are always helpful and polite.

Pros:

After having used several other CRM tools (Infusionsoft, HubSpot, and Insightly) investing in EngageBay was a no brainer to me. Why? It offers all of the "things" that most businesses need such as a robust CRM, Sales Pipeline, Email Automation, Calendar Tool, Email Marketing and MORE. I was paying so much more for all of these features with the other companies and wasn't using everything. It was a massive investment that just did not make sense. EngageBay makes sense.

Cons:

There are a couple things that I enjoyed having access to in Hubspot that EngageBay does not do well, yet. Having the ability to customize my proposals would be a game changer. Currently, it's very limited in how you can pull this off in the proposals feature. I would also appreciate a more customizable calendar feature.

Rob
CIO in Australia
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

An excellent startup solution, it's full of the most necessary features, and at a reasonable price

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience with EngageBay has been excellent, their support is top-notch, the product does the job, the pricing thus far has been fair.

Pros:

It provides a professional functionality, and adopts a pricing model that is sustainable and fair.

Cons:

The pricing and plans are difficult to understand.

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: Value for money

Caurdius
Sales Representative in Barbados
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

EngageBay Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: EngageBay allowed our company to keep proper records of our clients and their respective industry. We were able to increase our market penetration. Our sales increased by 40% in the Supermarket Industry. All this was accomplished with our new sale representative after his predecessor retired.
If you want to be relative today choose EngageBay.

Pros:

Being able to track each client via the contact and company database is critical to understanding their respective needs. this afforded me the opportunity to assist each client in further developing their respective business. Owing to the aforementioned, our clients remained loyal to us even when our competitors products were more affordable. The platform is very easy to use while integration to our daily operations was very smooth.

Cons:

While I am utterly impressed with the EngageBay platform, perhaps it would be beneficial for the platform on include more currency options for deal recording purposes.

Tom
Tom
Founder in US

It Keeps Getting Better

Comments: This software made my day, month, and year. Everything is easier now.

Pros:

We started out looking for an affordable CRM/Email Marketing System that didn't charge by # of Contacts. EngageBay was the most affordable of those we found, but since we had never heard of it, we were skeptical it would be very useful. We were so wrong. This is one of those products that gets better, not worse, the more you dig in into it. It feels like I know a secret that no one else knows. IT HAS EVERYTHING. All in one app. We're saving so much money. We got an entire suite of software with at least 40 modules that we would have had to pay for from other apps (Social, SMS, Sales Management, Appointment Calendar, Ticket System, Live Chat, Integrated Automations, Etc..) We can cancel so many services thanks to this software. We had one issue logging in with the WordPress Apps, but it turned out to be our fault for not reading the manual. We sent a quick chat, and customer service answered on almost instantly. They were fast, very knowledgeable, patient, and kind. That 5-star service made the sale for us. We moved 22,000 contacts from another service that has 5% of the capability of EngageBay. I don't write reviews. But I feel like we got so much for so little that I had to give back. We will be recommending this to all of our small business clients.

Cons:

I can't think of anything yet. We're still on the Honeymoon.

Parminder
Director in India
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Customer Support

Comments: We are able to manage our customers and prospects well. With automations and workflows we are able to set up drip campaign which keep lead warmer and help in conversions.
Email handling is very good, we are able to do email campaigns
We are also using ticketing tool for customer support.
Chat widget is good and used in our multiple sites.
Loved pop up and messages displayed on my different sites , intelligent control through engage bay. If two step pop up capturing phone number with country code and email is given would really solve our business problem and improve our whatsapp integration

Pros:

Found a very good customer support. My couple of issues were resolved realy fast appreciate same. Easy to use tool, workflows and automations are easy to set up and very useful

Cons:

Additional email purchase is very very expensive. Would love this tool and blindly recommend to all of my community if additional email purchase can be reduced. One additional functionality which can be very useful for business can be scheduling a batch job to run workflow or automation on specific date and time or with specific frequency like daily or weekly. In forms phone number field need to be improved - country code should be captured correctly associated with main phone number

Alternatives Considered: ConvertKit and ClickFunnels

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: More functions and features - single crm tool with most features

Switched From: Jira

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: Click funnels is very expensive - but landing pages are awesome will switch to click funnel for landing pages once I have budget Convertkit is very good for email marketing - but engagebay offers full crm solution which both product does not have. Engage bay email functionality is very expensive so will look for integration with convertkit in near future.

Sian
Director in UK
Online Media, 2-10 Employees

Sophisticated Software

Comments: We run a number of businesses and use Engagebay for some of our clients. If you need to sort contacts, pick them out based on certain factors and send individual or broadcast emails and/or put them through a pipeline, this is for you. You know you need Engagebay when you're trying to organise your contacts by tags and have so many you're going mad.

Pros:

How you can really drill down into sorting contacts. It's almost like have a spreadsheet to organise different contacts. We use it for sending individual booking emails alongside broadcast emails. We searched for ages for software that could combine a sophisticated CRM/contact management system alongside email and newsletters - this is the best on the market. The other thing we love is the customer response - there's a chat service and usually someone is on there within minutes of a request and they stick with you until it's fixed. Best on the market - and certainly at this price.

Cons:

The training manuals could be improved - that said, they are always happy and prompt to help - but some of my queries could are general and could have been covered in a manual/video.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: Lack of features

Switched From: Sendinblue

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: Features mainly and then support - they answered questions promptly. I also tried other products before I arrived at Engagebay but although they initially said they could do what I needed, after weeks of frustrating try outs - they didn't - and the support hadn't really listened to what I'd said I needed - Engagebay listened to what I actually needed before I got started and it did what they said.

2 years ago

Thanks for the review Sian.

Cameron
Owner in US

Feature-rich without breaking the bank

Comments: We love EngageBay and highly recommend it to our clients who want/need a full featured platform that will work across multiple departments, automate regular tasks, and that don't want to pay the high-price and add-on that you have to with many other tools. EngageBay's support team is AMAZING!! Anytime I have a question about something, they are quick to respond, very helpful and knowlegable, just a breath of fresh air to know that I can get a hold of someone when we have issues (which isn't that often, but when we do they are there!).

Pros:

It is amazing to me how feature-rich the platform is at the cost. More features and functionality than some of the 'big guys' for a fraction of the cost. It is easy to use and train clients on the system, so that is ALWAYS a huge plus for us.

Cons:

Learning curve at first just to understand how it works differently from other systems, but that is not necessarily a con of EngageBay because that is the same for every new platform as each has their own little intricacies.

2 years ago

Thanks for the great review Cameron. Your words are super encouraging. We will continue to build great features to help small businesses grow their businesses without breaking the bank on expensive bloated software.

April
Sales and Marketing Director in UK

Brilliant all-in-one package

Comments: Connected sales and marketing platform has resolved manual intensive activity scheduling. No need to import a new list each month into a separate email marketing platform. Being able to have contacts in multiple list and sophisticated tagging is brilliant. The guys at EB are really helpful with speedy responses, providing video and screengrabs to help. The best experience i had was when i recommended that there should be a report on the dashboard for forms, a couple of weeks later i had an email from EB letting me know that they'd developed the report and added this to the dashboard - couldn't ask for a better service.

Pros:

A complete package for connected sales and marketing and data and reporting in one place. Previously had a separate CRM system from email marketing platform and as such no integration and ability to see what marketing had gone out to what contact and their response to that, all activities and follow ups were all manually scheduled this has been resolved with EB. Customer service and support is fast and efficient too.

Cons:

Had an issue at first setting up the smtp integration with the correct configuration as we wanted to send mailers using our own email servers, took some backward and forwards between technical teams but was resolved in the end. Being able to email from multiple email addresses is great but I also would love it if we could have multiple email signatures attached to a single user too.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub, ActiveCampaign, and Keap

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: it offered all of the functionality at an affordable price. The only one that would've done everything EB does was hubspot however because we had multiple domains for each of our product this meant hubspot required us to pay for x 2 marketing and sales hubs which wasn't the way we wanted to use the platform nor within our budget.

Pierpaolo
Pierpaolo
CEO in Italy

I've tried it, but now it's our official automation platform...

Comments: I have tried other platforms, also spending a lot of money on assestment (hubspot, sharpspring, active campaign, etc...). Some of them have too high prices, others don't seem to listen to the request for new features, still others the support is slow to respond. In all the cases I tried something was missing: for EngageBay nothing is missing and the costs are very affordable (it also includes a free version to let my customers try the product).

Pros:

Quick and easy to use. All very easy. It has everything we need (integration, mail automation, sales automation, lead generation, Android and Ios apps, support ticket e chat for visitors, etc...).

Cons:

It is not possible to program post social (at the moment you can only monitor your profiles, although technical support has assured me that it is in their roadmap). Maybe the pricing model needs to be improved by including web analytics per user in the basic version and offering a monthly block of "no branded" emails.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub, ActiveCampaign, and SharpSpring from Constant Contact

Switched From: SharpSpring from Constant Contact

3 years ago

Thanks for the review and feedback Pierpaolo Villano.

Marcello
CEO in Brazil

A Magic wand

Comments: I am very satisfied with EngageBay, I see my company as advanced user of EB, when we got stuck with something, they are always ready to listen and enhance the tool to achieve the desided feature and make the tool even better!

Pros:

Easy of use, easy of implement, easy of integrate!

Cons:

Webinar features, landing pages does not support reusable headers and footers, no option to build own templates. Missing Social Software Analytics

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM, Pipedrive, Dynamics 365, and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: Features, dashboards.

Switched From: Zoho CRM, Pipedrive, Dynamics 365, and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: Flexibility, pricing model, all in one, Sales, Marketing and Support... no need to have lots of tools.

2 years ago

Thanks for the review Marcello. Our landing pages can now support reusable headers and footers. We have developed this feature and it is currently in QA and should go live in a couple of days. We already have the feature to build new landing templates from scratch. You can also code your own ones too. Please check it out and we would glad to help if needed.

Kamran
CEO in Pakistan

Its really an alternative to HubSpot and Agile CR<

Comments: It has been a great experience and i onboarding is super easy.

Pros:

Well I tried several CRMs which include ZOHO CRM PLUS, AGILE ENTERPRISE, and Hubspot for a while. Most CRMs have same functionalities but when it comes to pricing its way different. Engagebay has everything which Agile, ZOHO, Hubspot has but at a fraction of the cost. When you are running a digital business you probably have thousand of leads or contacts who you want to nurture and with limited contacts you cant do miracles. Engagebay has give me unlimited storage of contacts and i can send 50,000 emails a month without connecting any other email app like sendgrid or mailchimp. Other thing is support, their 24 hours support is awesome and team is also cooperative as well. Therefore, you should try this since it has everything which a high end CRM has but at fraction of the cost. I would highly recommend EngageBay to use.

Erlan
Digital Marketing Strategist in Indonesia

Engagebay is awesome

Comments: I think engagebay was best all in one marketing tools with friendly budget

Pros:

EngageBay help me doing all-in-one marketing, sales, and support CRM in one software. I love The UI and UX its simple but powerfull and eazy to use

Cons:

its prepect, but has a lower limit in workflow automation

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: Price costly for small business

Switched From: HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: price is friendly with small business

Hans
Business Developer in Vietnam
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11-50 Employees

Our number-one-choice of CRM-systems

Comments: Engagebay is incredibly user friendly and offers an incredible amount of functions, with all of them having been implemented very well.
While other CRMs only offer sales functions for a high price, without further marketing campaign management, Engagebay does all that for a low price.

Pros:

- Smart and user-friendly interface - Incredible functionality - Highly cost effective - Instant customer support - Encompassing Marketing and Sales management, all in one - Great storage capacity for contacts, images, etc.

Cons:

Perhaps some optimization of contact management, other than that nothing really.

Alternatives Considered: Capsule, Zoho CRM, Insightly, ActiveCampaign, Pipedrive, Bitrix24, and HubSpot CRM

Switched From: Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: Better functionality, fair price, more capacity

Matthew
IT in Canada
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

8 Month use Review

Comments: Software is overall nice some features are missing and some on the current ones are limited but overall its very easy to use and hope to see where the software goes to into the future

Pros:

The software is nice to use some features are pretty self-explanatory, but there are some features that are missing maybe adding like a module based system where you are able to create and customize modules to your liking, which our previous CRM system was able to do wish there was a function like so.

Cons:

Some features are missing, or are under development but the current ones available are fine for now but as the industry grows your CRM should be able to adapt otherwise it's not good

2 years ago

Thanks for the review Matthew. We look forward to receiving all the customer feedback and making EngageBay the best marketing and sales software for growing companies.

Bernadette
Marketing Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Excellent Customer Service, Mostly Easy to Use

Pros:

It offers lots of features that a small but growing business can access. The support team are incredibly helpful (and quick to respond) if you ever have trouble figuring something out. There are also plenty of free resources such as articles and videos.

Cons:

Yes, there are some features such as the ability to view what list(s) a contact belongs to from their profile in the marketing hub, and the ability to forward tickets to other emails in the service hub. Some tasks require work-arounds to accomplish. The support team gladly take suggestions for improvements though, and the program is always improving.

Alternatives Considered: HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: Salesforce wasn't offering enough with their basic membership. EngageBay offers service, marketing and sales capabilities at a fraction of the cost. EngageBay is much more user-friendly and intuitive.

Switched From: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: More affordable for small business

Hafizah
Hafizah
Assistant Manager Business Development in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Everything under one roof

Pros:

EngageBay cover all of any business needs, from task managing to customer support platform. I mainly use it to collaborate on task and project. It comes with good communication hub that let us to have a quick and swift connection between us to discuss on the task and project.

Cons:

As this software is packed full with features, it can be quite confusing to use it for the first time, and to choose the correct tool that i need to running the project objective that i has planned. The manual guide is not too detail and not very helpful for me.

Angus
Director in Australia

A great priced and featured all in one CRM. We moved from Hupspot to EngageBay and love it.

Comments: Overall experience is fantastic.
We have not even started the marketing side yet so we are looking forward to that.
If you want an affordable CRM that does just about everything you need at a price that is actually affordable then EngageBay is a great choice.

Pros:

It is fast and simple to use. We live in deals and task most of the time and it gives you all you need. Support is amazing. I have even made product change suggestions and some were implemented in a few days. That is amazing.

Cons:

We wish we could easily change the sort order of the deals when in tablet mode to the order we want (custom order). Sometime we want to just call a selected few clients in a day and it would be nice to just show them or put them at the top of the list. A small con but still a con.

Saurabh
Saurabh
Marketing Head in India

Outstanding Marketing Automation Platform

Comments: Overall, I will recommend Engagebay to all my colleagues in the marketing world. Simply outstanding tool. Its truly all in one marketing tool

Pros:

I love the marketing automation, landing pages, email broadcast feature of the tool. Above all, I love the pricing of the tool. Early-stage startups like us who have no marketing budget, but still want to initiate marketing will love it.

Cons:

List management needs improvement. But, I am confident that they will improve it for sure.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Marketing Automation, ActiveCampaign, Freshsales, Sendinblue, Keap, Mailchimp, and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay: Zoho Campaigns is not good (simply put - its bad marketing tool). So, we looked alternative and switched to Engagebay, which served our needs

Switched From: Zoho Campaigns

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay: EngageBay is a cost-effective tool, simply put alternative to super expensive Hubspot