• Overall

About GlossGenius

All-in-one booking, marketing and payments app for teams and solopreneurs across the US.

Learn more about GlossGenius

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used GlossGenius before?

Zachery L.
salon owner in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

company who does not care what you have to say

1 8 months ago

Comments: the only things they care about is money...they only make new features or new things that only provide them wiht more money in their pocket.. they do not take your suggestions for impairments and new features unless they can make a lot of money with it.. if you want a company that will no longer just add features that simply help you out this is not the company for you.

Pros:

I am so upset with company i am not even going to tell you all the things it can do lets skip right down what their failures in the con section

Cons:

3 plus years using this app and they just don't care about you.. they say they do they say they listen they dont. I have friends who refuse to use this system because you cant control where people book appointments. unless you want move apts clients book all day and night long to a spot that best favors your schedule so you can maximize your day and profit. the person if you can reach them does not care she does not inform the people who do matter what you need the app to do.. I want to make it so thta clients can only book a all over color at 10am,12pm,2pm,4pm... why becuase my all over colors are are 2 hours long and i can get the most out of my this way.. instead pepole book at 1030.. now i have to move you to either 10 or 12... now i get a call of why did i do that i would rather have 1030... well if they di dnot even know that 1030 was an option then i would not even have this discussion. I can even explain to them how to do it.. I was one of the first 1 or 2 people to use them and spoke with developers on what features to add and they did within one day or two... now after 3 years of telling who ever this is that responds to message... the feature is still not done...

Alicia C.
Aesthetician in US

Great Booking Software

5 12 months ago

Pros:

I loved I was able to track my monthly service earnings alot with my monthly retail product earnings.

Cons:

I wish GlossGenius offered a referral program built into the application, & offered the option for subscriptions.

GlossGenius Response

12 months ago

Hi there Alicia. We have good news for you - we do have a referral program built into the app! You can earn $30 for every professional you invite to GlossGenius that becomes a member. In the app tap More on the main dashboard > Referrals > Send invites to earn. The $30 can be applied to your subscription or cashed out as a Visa gift card. I hope this is helpful!

Sarah J.
Business owner in US

Need more

3 6 months ago

Comments: Very good app, didn't net my need but is still good enough to meet someone else's business needs

Pros:

It books clients which is great and the cost is not that bad. It also looks appealing from the client view which is great.

Cons:

It did not let me set up to take deposits which is important to me and my business. It also doesn't show pricing with services and the services are shown very weird like instead of setting a list you see them one at a time and have to constantly scroll.

Candice W.
Candice W.
Salon Owner/stylist in US
Cosmetics, 11-50 Employees

GlossGenius runs my business & my life!!

5 last year

Pros:

The thing I love the most about this software is how easy it is for me to use and my clients to use. It has become the main way that I schedule appointments for work and for my personal life. My clients find it so easy and love the convenience!

Cons:

I haven’t found a single flaw yet. GlossGenius is great about receiving feedback for their product and making updates and changes the increase the quality. Their customer service is second to none.

Chantelle P.
Esthetitan in US

Great App

5 2 years ago

Comments: Great experience was just looking for more options.

Pros:

It's very user friendly and the booking and web set are great.

Cons:

Not enough options for a growing business.

Fiorella C.
Salon owner in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

My business wouldn’t be the same without it

5 last year

Comments: I have been rubbing my business smoothly And effectively with it. My clients LOVE using it and there’s nothing better than those to serve being the ones who ENJOY the experience from booking to checking them out after a service has been completed!

Pros:

The ease of use! Also the community that comes with it! If we as hairstylist’s make a suggestion they listen and implement the suggestion!

Cons:

Nothing! There’s literally nothing i have complaints about!

Joanna G.
owner/operator in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Best out there (as of 2018)

5 3 years ago

Comments: Texts, emails, b-day coupons.

Pros:

So much goodness: it's an app-based scheduler. AMAZING customer service, whiteglove service where they import all your info. You can text notes about the service which will be texted back to you before the next time the client comes in. Payment processing WITHOUT the need for a swiper. Unlimited emailing. 100 texts for text-based marketing a month (can add-on more)

Cons:

Not geared to massage therapists per-se but it's workable. Not as customizable as it could be (I can't change the text confirmation wording, i wish there were a better way to set up the service menue).

Michael M.
Independent Hairstylist in US
Retail, Self Employed

Pretty much everything you need at your finger tips!

5 2 years ago

Comments: From the beginning the whole transition was very easy and costumer service was EXCELLENT!!! Again the "white gloves" team is great! and the look is very stylish definitely makes you look good!

Pros:

Easy to set up the "white gloves" team did all the hard work transfering all my clients info, including notes, formulas!

Cons:

My only concern was when you use a desktop as POS just won't work but not a deal breaker.

Ellaina J.
Stylist in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Awesome product for small business

5 2 years ago

Pros:

It looks awesome and very convenient to use for the beauty industry.

Cons:

I could not get the app to work to set up my account. But customer service was awesome.

Genice B.
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Gloss Genius

3 3 years ago

Comments: Gloss Genius needs to work out the bugs that causes appointments to not update properly

Pros:

Gloss Genius was Easy to setup login information.

Cons:

When an appointment is upcharged during service , the amount due is reverted back to the original booking causing the business to lose money. The updated service and pricing does not save.

Mary H.
data specialist in US
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees

promoting brands/business made simple

5 4 months ago

Comments: Overall is a great app to have to be able to keep track of appointments and payments.

Pros:

This software makes it easy to customize your brand or business to reach others to be able to schedule or view what you have to offer.

Cons:

Had issues sending receipt to customers if they pay cash.

Heidy M.
Esthetician in US

Great Software, brilliant marketing

4 2 years ago

Comments: I love it so far.

Pros:

I love love love how easy it is to use. Plus how easy it is to send emails and texts to your clients. I love that there is a pop up to rebook clients at the end of the service. No software is perfect and I think fhere are some features that could be added (like more than one employee or location and maybe website integration) but for the solo practioner it is amazing. Might be my favorite I have used so far b. Have to give it a little more time though. The customer service is top notch!!!!!! And I love that they send links for reviews after service and it is sooooo easy to share them for social media. And it is cute! No other booking companies have better looks. User friendliness is 5 stars

Cons:

Can't add more than one location/provider. Would like packages option

Dean D.
Owner / Advanced Technical Colourist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Great Software for a minimal Features

3 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Great for small salons and stylists who don’t need to or want to get involved in your business.

Cons:

Reports non existent. Marketing so so. Inventory system was horrible. And your reviews just sit there. Not op to optimized for SEO at all. Not synced with google or social media.

Brianna W.
Cosmetologist in US

Pretty Design

5 last year

Pros:

The design is visually appealing. I like The color scheme of it.

Cons:

I dont like that this software doesn’t come with client release forms.

Owner / Esthetician in US

Intuitive, easy to use, easy to set up and does everything I need as a solo esthetician.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Ease of use and that it is optimized for mobile. No need for a tablet or computer to finish your sale!

Cons:

Could use a couple little upgrades; the booking site you get could be optimized for SEO or a little more customizable (add pages/photos/bios), and it would be nice if it prevented you from double booking yourself.

Haliann C.
salon owner in US
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees

easy to use

5 2 years ago

Comments: they were great untill i needed something to use for more stylists

Pros:

i like how easy it is to use and how easy it is for clients to use

Cons:

i dont like that only one person can be added to it and not multiple

Victoria P.
Master Esthetician/Media Makeup Artist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

The Beauty Pro's Choice

5 2 years ago

Pros:

The multiple features, education, and ease of usage.

Cons:

Doesn't offer an Add-On feature during scheduling and doesn't have a full desktop option.

Joyce C.
esthetician in South Korea
Consumer Services, Self Employed

get the most for the least

5 last year

Pros:

first, the fact that GlossGenius makes you a booking website is exceptional. Not only is it super cute, but also easy to navigate by everyone. Also, You can do so much on the app as well. I enjoy using the mass email blast to remind my clients about promotions, discounts, etc. i think it's definitely worth the monthly spend! it keeps my day-to-day business steady and organized.

Cons:

I think a little more personalization for the website would be awesome. but I don't experience any inconvenience from it