ContentKing Reviews

4.9 (77) Write a Review!

About ContentKing

Experience full situational awareness with the only real-time SEO Auditing and Monitoring platform. Because search engines never sleep.

Learn more about ContentKing

Pros:

Cons:

I gives me a little bit stress to see how much SEO work I still have to do. But maybe that is because I added a lot of websites to ContentKing.

ContentKing ratings

5.0

9.6/10

ContentKing has an overall rating of 4.9 out 5 stars based on 77 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ContentKing before?

Joseph
Joseph
CTO, Director of SEO Operations in US

Not a content editor! It's a Super Charged SEO Content and Website Analyzing Monitor!

Comments: I have had super positive experiences with everyone at ContentKing. They are amazing and really care about the SEO community at large. They are definitely a company to follow in this space!

Pros:

I liked that once you set it up, it just runs and keeps you posted on any changes or details that need fixing. It is a hands-free tool that just does what you need it to do: KEEP YOUR SITE RANKING! I like how it allows you to see different views with graphs that you can change with a simple click. You can sort pages that need attention by "order of importance" and "order of severity." This allows me to do what I need to do in the quickest fashion possible. I like the WordPress Plugin as well as the Chrome extension. (these two tools makes sure that I am on point SEO no matter what) - It keeps me posted and accountable to my site for any issues. It keeps track of my content where I don't have to! Yay! It simplifies my life!

Cons:

The only thing I dislike is the name. The name makes the tool sound like an "editor" like many of the other tools out there. It is not an editor. It is not a content manager, it is a Content SEO auditor/monitor.

Diantha
Diantha
Global SEO Lead in Netherlands
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 Employees

Efficient and user-friendly tool for SEO quality

Comments: Our company manages a portfolio of 42 websites, so having a tool which monitors the SEO quality of multiple domains is essential for us. ContentKing provides a clear overview of issues with context, which makes it easy for less experienced marketeers to fix SEO issues for their own brands. At the same time we can compare the scores across multiple domains, which gives a good overview.

Pros:

The possibility to create segments for high priority pages with instant alerts when something changes in these segments prevents high-impact mistakes. This is very useful in protecting the SEO quality of money maker pages, but also in noticing platform issues after a release.

Cons:

ContentKing's reporting features are available, but not very elaborate. More customization could benefit the clarity of the tool.

Nathan
Nathan
SEO specialist in Netherlands

Too complex for non-techies

Comments: Where there's definitely need for what ContentKing does, it can be overwhelming for those that just want to monitor changes to the website(s) they monitor or are responsible for. If you are not tech savvy, you will feel lost, with too much of the information and advice you get being clearly aimed at people with more technical knowledge of websites and coding. Even the support at times just isn't able to explain in simple words what's wrong. Where this might be no issue for developers and more technically skilled SEOs, webmasters, marketers etc., it will not help the less tech savvy people, making ContentKing an expensive solution that is too overwhelming as well as too technically focused.

Pros:

There's a lot that you can do with ContentKing and it's definitely got a lot of great features. The most useful thing is the monitoring of changes to your web pages. Most of the other features can be found in other tools that audit your website too though. I would personally prefer a cheaper solution (or a stripped subscription) for the monitoring of the page changes only.

Cons:

It's just too big and complex if you just want to monitor your website(s). The information you get is at times too focused on the more technically skilled developers and SEOs, making it just too much for the regular webmaster, SEO or marketing people. The huge databases and servers needed for this service probably makes it so expensive too. If you can get tools to monitor specific things that you want to monitor, you will not need ContentKing to do it all.

Gerry
Gerry
SEO Consultant in UK
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Life saver on migrations & continuously checking all our clients

Comments: ContentKing has become an integral part of the service we offer clients, we give clients access and almost sell it through to them.

Pros:

Having used ContentKing for several years now, the value it adds to our clients - being the first to spot when things break, constantly monitoring before / during / after a migration - being able to see changes is incredible. I have recommended this tool now to all my friends because it really is the best. Strength is in simplicity, I put a client in, I get results I don't worry too much about configuration at first - but then I can 'tune' it to capture far more data on the results.

Cons:

The only thing missing at the moment is JavaScript - I know this is being worked on, every other suggestion I have made has been jumped on but this is a real challenge, my only other complaint is that the export is a Zip CSV which when I just want a dozen URLs is a bit of a challenge, however you can link through to filtered reports.

Ben
Director of Search Sciences in US

Great software for monitoring changes

Comments: Amazing tool and amazing customer support.

Pros:

This software allows our agency to track website changes for our clients. It also pulls data from Google Search Console and Google Analytics which gives us additional insight into our campaign. The auditing features are great as well. They provide actionable insights with guides explaining exactly what to do.

Cons:

It would be helpful if the service catered to websites less than 1000 pages (it does but the service is more oriented towards commercial websites). The average local business usually has only 30 pages.

Jordan
Jordan
Founder & Marketing Specialist www.moonandowl.com in US

Never Let an SEO error fall through the Cracks

Comments: We like it!

Pros:

We were using a scanning software where we made a bi-monthly scan of the site to pick up any technical SEO issues that arose. With ContentKing, we now have 24/7 scanning and notifications of issues that arise on the client site.

Cons:

A few false alerts arrive, but we'd rather sift threw those than be in the dark.

Content Strategist in Netherlands
, 11-50 Employees

ContentKing is a great analytical tool that has given us greater insight into our clients' websites.

Comments: ContentKing has allowed us to keep better track of our clients' websites, discover new opportunities for optimization, pinpoint content management risks and focus our efforts to educate our clients.

Pros:

Our clients rely on us to optimize their websites and boost traffic and conversion. Our work is never finished, which means we need tools that never stop looking. One of the biggest advantages of ContentKing is that it supports us in every step of our process. New clients often think they need a complete rebuild of their website. ContentKing helps us determine whether that is actually necessary and, if so, why it is necessary. And once we've built the new website, it keeps track of a wide range of important on-site metrics that might slip through the cracks otherwise.

Cons:

ContentKing requires users to specify an allotment of pages for each website they want to track. While this certainly helps keep the total number of tracked pages within the bounds of our plan, it is often difficult to determine exactly how many pages a given website has in advance. It would be helpful if ContentKing gave some insight into this number, allowing us to more accurately adjust the tracking budget.

Marc
Marc
Senior SEO consultant in Netherlands
, 51-200 Employees

Very easy to use and it keeps me up to date about the status of many websites.

Pros:

The tool gives me live updates about changes on a website which is very helpful when you work with many clients at an agency. When you work with big websites (10.000 plus pages) it's very helpful you don't have to crawl a websites yourself but you just have to log in to access your websites data.

Cons:

Exporting data to Excel can be done eassier, I have to add the domain of a website to the URL myself. Also when I check the hreflang tag I want to see which countries are linked in a overview. Now I only can see there is a tag, which is already very helpful but seeing which countries and languages are used would be easier.

5 years ago

Hi Marc, Thank you for your review! Regarding your comment on exports: we've added the "Full URL" column which contains both the protocol (HTTP or HTTPS) and the domain name, so that's solved. Thanks for your input!

William
William
Technical Director in UK
, 11-50 Employees

An affordable solution that solves the issue of ongoing SEO performance monitoring

Comments: Proactive monitoring of client websites' SEO to identify important issues before they have a performance impact.

Pros:

We run a SEO, PPC and Analytics agency and we rely on ContentKing to monitor our client websites and alert us to performance issues. Before ContentKing we would manually check websites periodically and often miss errors introduced by client developers that would cause a direct impact on a clients bottom line. ContentKing has been invaluable here and is at a price point that is affordable for an agency to absorb as a direct cost. I highly recommend it.

Cons:

The API functionality is currently in an early form, I know that ContentKing is working on this and it'll be interesting to see what comes of the API but at the moment this is one of the few things we'd like to see changed.

Sonja
Head of Digital Marketing in Austria

Great website quality management tool

Pros:

Very good overview of the projects and active notification when acute errors occur. So I can focus on my main work and feel perfectly supported. Easy to learn how to use it.

Cons:

Some parameters are not possible to manage yourself, which are not correct from an SEO point of view. This results in many alerts that are somewhat stressful. The name is a bit confusing - because from my point of view it is more of a technical support than one from a content point of view.

Katelyn
Technical SEO Manager in US

Content King is the BEST

Comments: It has been absolutely amazing, customer service is 10/10, everyone is so nice and smart and knows the tool inside and out. They are really receptive to feedback and product recommendations and the tool itself and actively set up. The tool as mentioned earlier does a great job of batching a lot of complex alerts so it's manageable to sift through them! It is also nice to be able to set segments on data so you are only see the top X pages issues by sessions. They have truly thought of everything. I can't say enough good things.

Pros:

The customer service is unmatched, the team is so friendly and quick to respond and goes above and beyond helping us out with setup or things within the tool that we don't quite understand. They also really take our considerations into account in regards to product development and features and they actually implement a lot of new things frequently. As far as the tool goes - it has a lot of capabilities with API hookups and it makes a large amount of alerts seem manageable because of how they group and batch them. I would recommend this to any agency or internal team to keep an eye on your site - you'd be surprised what goes wrong frequently. We have been able to catch a lot of really really big technical issues on our clients sites.

Cons:

There isn't much - I think the only thing I might change is the ability to see historical data day by day which I know they are actively working on. Also the ability to more easily see what HTTP status code each in the "alerts" section without having to click into the actual page.

Ann
SEO Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees

Content King app review

Comments: It's a masterful tool for SEO cleanup. It guides the projects... The cost is low enough for us that we are able to keep it for internal issue research and alerts, and still maintain another app for the external, competitor & content based research and reporting.

Pros:

Simple to integrate, quick, ample instruction on use, and it does a great job letting me know exactly what internal issues to work on, where to find the issues, and which pages are interrelated to those issues.

Cons:

There may be some lists that are not downloadable, when I'm researching a deep dive into redirected links, for example. It's too manual to export lists to my team.

Steve
Digital Marketing Manager in UK
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees

Works out of the box, efficient, clean.

Pros:

It saves me so much time, enabling me to get generally more efficient at my job. Further to that it protects my websites by ensuring I am informed with any major changes.

Cons:

You have to wait until a page is re-crawled before the changes appear in CK. They do provide tools to mitage this though, plus if you look at any page in CK, it will re-crawl it, so it's really not that big of a deal, plus I don't see a way to solve that.

Patrick
Online Marketing Consultant in Netherlands

Comments: Great insight in the websites of our clients

Pros:

ContentKing is a great SEO tool, which is easy to use, realiable and great support. Also your client can get access to work together and you get daily monitoring. In all a great tool for a good price.

Cons:

Still in development with regular updates. There is nothing that I have not liked about this software.

Lourenço
seo in Spain
Insurance Software, 201-500 Employees

I recommend content king 100%

Comments: It's very useful for website migration, On-content changes, seo meta tags, response codes, and much more!

Pros:

I really like Content king tool and I recommend it to everyone that wants to monitor 24/7 all changes on the website. It's very useful for website migration, On-content changes, seo meta tags, response codes, and much more!

Cons:

they should offer the possibility to integrate more SEO apps

Brendan
Head of Marketing in UK

Would recommend as a live monitoring tool

Comments: ContentKing has been invaluable in helping to catch issues and errors as they arise on client websites.

Pros:

Alerts straight to the inbox with well-organised issue trackers and real-time data.

Cons:

Little to complain about, really. Sometimes it takes fair few clicks to dig into a specific issue, but that's no major problem.

Thomas
SEO Consultant in France
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

A nice SEO Micro/Macro View with this tool !

Comments: Time and efficiency

Pros:

ContentKing is an awesome product. The micro/macro view help me very well each day. We can see problems, but also how many pages are affected. By the way, the monitoring part is the core of this seo tool that help me to understand which thing was modified.

Cons:

ContentKing is young, so you will not have all of the features you have on the SEO tools market, but each thing are implemented correctly and I prefer to use this product for the monitoring and subtil problems.

Mike
Global Web Administrator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent SEO platform

Comments: This has greatly helped us with SEO

Pros:

We love the ease of use. This has been the easiest SEO software we have worked with

Cons:

We can not find any cons to the platform so far

Logan
Digital Marketing Strategist in US

ContentKing is King!

Pros:

As a former long-time Moz user, I've been very happy with the switch over to ContentKing. The comprehensive view of what's going on with my clients' site coupled with the ability to get dig down into the details is awesome! I'm also a huge fan of the change history, tracking every change that happens on ever page of your site. I'm not aware of any other tool that does this.

Cons:

There's only two things missing from this platform, link tracking and rank tracking. These are the only features that other platforms have that ContentKing doesn't.

Owner in Netherlands

A really good monitoring tool for all the content on your site

Pros:

The best feature is the alerts. You get mails from contentking when someone has changed something on a website. For us as an agency this is really helpfull

Cons:

I would like to see more connections with other tools etc. But they are working on that so it is on the roadmap.

5 years ago

Hi Koen, thank you for your input! On top of our WordPress integration we've recently shipped integrations with Google Search Console and Google Analytics and more integrations are on our roadmap. We'll keep you updated on our progress in this area.

Will
Will
Consultor de SEO in Brazil

It's been amazing. ContentKing is a tool that I was looking for a long time.

Comments: Alerts and daily seo audits

Pros:

I like the alerts that I receive when something got wrong and the daily audit that it does in my website

Cons:

The price is too high and I can't use to all of my clients. I chose a few to test it and try to sell to the others

5 years ago

Hi Will, thanks for your review! For agencies like yours our Agency Pricing is the best fit, as it's much more cost effective to add clients as compared to the Standard Pricing. Check out the agency plans at: https://www.contentkingapp.com/agency-pricing/

Piperis
Piperis
Managing Director in UK

Amazing value add!

Pros:

I love its simplicity. The ability to go back and see the change in a site's performance and different metrics is great. A real value add for our customers.

Cons:

Great range of features, nothing at the moment. Cheaper would be nicer, but you pay for what you get!

Daniel
Marketing Director in UK
Investment Management Software, 11-50 Employees

ContentKing is helping us to identify SEO issues that require fixing

Comments: We are still benefitting from the ContentKing identifying SEO issues on our site that we need to fix.

Pros:

SEO dashboard provides very actionable data. That enables us to quickly fix issues.

Cons:

Sometimes it seems to take a little while for dashboard to update after changes have been made to the site.

Marco
Marco
Partner in Netherlands
, 11-50 Employees

Great tool that enables tech and marketing to work together

Pros:

This tool get's the current state of your website from an external point of view. Marketing can monitor and edit while tech can see what points needs attention.

Cons:

It takes a little bit of time to get the hang of everything though with a enough knowledge you will be up and running in no time.

CEO in Spain

Amazing software!

Comments: Super satisifed!!

Pros:

Wonderful real-time alerts and dashboard.

Cons:

Maybe pricing a bit high. However, the product is great.