Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Nifty

Nifty is one app with chats, tasks, docs, calendar, & meeting tools to bring your team and clients together in one collaborative place.

Learn more about Nifty

Adam G.
Adam G.
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2021

"Fast and helpful PM tool for business needs"

Comments: All in all, I quite enjoy working inside Nifty and using it for almost all of my business projects and tasks.

Pros: For me the most important are:
- time tracking feature for each task, which allows us to track exact time needed to complete certain processes
- internal chat - which is helping us communicate without email,
- kanban and list view - which are essential,
- also swimlane and calendar views - are great additions
- Nifty docs - which allow creating internal documents
- ability to import Gdrive docs and sheets - and to work with them inside Nifty
- nice looking dark mode

Cons: What I'd like to see /or have improved in Nifty:
- improved subtasks - ability to create sub-subtasks
- more dependency options - only basic is available - "if A isn't completed, block B"
- more reminder options - utilizing email and SMS
- Nifty lacks the ability to drag the screen left and right with left mouse button by clicking anywhere (you have to click on the narrow bottom bar and drag your screen this way which isn't v. convenient)

• Reviewed on 11/08/2021
Anil P.
Anil P.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2020

"Simplify your Project Management"

Comments: So far I am enjoying the simplicity in which I can create a project and configure it to my needs depending on the specific project requirements. I might be going overboard but I've already created 20 projects in the matter of a week while still being able to get some sleep.

Pros: I was able to onboard Nifty and get started within an hour of signing up. The workflow and design make it very easy to use for experienced Project Managers and even those just getting started with project management.

Cons: I haven't found any roadblocks as yet. Possibly deciding on how to structure your projects could be a sticking point. There is the all in one approach of putting everything in one project but it might mean having multiple administrators or making multiple projects based on function within the same portfolio. I recommend the first option for smaller projects and the second for much larger projects with multiple project administrators and users.

Alternatives Considered: TeamGantt and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: Nifty has a better value per feature per price point. I can easily scale up or down depending on the project workload. Having that flexibility is important as no project lasts forever, every project is a bit different and every project requires different resources.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2020
Agni C.
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2020

"Very easy to use but powerful"

Comments: We are a smalla gile team so we are always looking for teh best project management tool that can help us collaborate without juggling btween 10 differnt tools.
Nifty servers the pupose of making it possible to bring everyone of our team ona single page specially when we are remote.

Pros: This is what our team liked about it
1. Easy leaning curve
2. Chat feature within the system.
3. Google drive files can open in the same interface , our content team could join the same group
4. The design is great.
5. Support is fast and helpful(I had asked whether the sidebar could be collapsed and teh reply came quick on intercom)
6.integration with Github.
7. The feature to lock certain tasks to ceratin task completion.
8. The mobile app is really nice , I was able to use the chat while travelling.

Cons: These are few of things we didnt like
1. No integartion with Gitlab yet.
2. The zoom call feature is pretty useless ebcasue it is nto native yet basically you just geta link to join . Initially I found it buggy.
3. The templates should have preview option , also I would liek to have templates around OKR's
4. Chat within the Projects is sometimes confusing , also discussion on any pertitcualr task .. If a log is provided for teh same it would be easier to follow..
5. If we can access Gdrive files directly from nifty it woudl be nice.

Alternatives Considered: ClickUp, Ora, and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Nifty: Design and Chat feature

Switched From: Freedcamp

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: better pricing , nice design and easy to implement.

Joshua C.
Small business owner
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2020

"Every business is a project management business"

Comments: I believe our business is going to benefit greatly from switching to Nifty

Pros: The overall ease of use is why I am even leaving a review. We were using ClickUp for our transaction management, however I found that platform to have a much higher learning curve and when I discovered Nifty I knew this was the platform to manage a transaction on.

Cons: The only con I can think of is that it is fairly new and has some bugs. HOWEVER, the Nifty team is very responsive and organized. They crush those bugs fairly quickly.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Nifty: The learning curve was to high in my opinion. I found my self struggle to learn that platform. Not so with Nifty. It is easy to find what you are looking for or get the results you want because it is structured logically which makes it super easy to use.

Switched From: ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: The overall ease of use.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2020
Leonardo W.
Leonardo W.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Easy to Use and Productivity Focused PM"

Pros: We tested a lot of PM's, if you do client work or any project related tasks, I think you have been there, right? Each new PM, brings a lot of new excitement and features, but, also problems :( Nifty has become our main tool for projects, it's easy to use, full of features, Google Docs are integrated and you can share files with one click! You can also track time, control workloads, integrate your calendar, subtasks and all the good stuff that you want to see on a product like this. If you need use to use and granular control at the same time, without the need of a bachelor degree in nuclear engineering, you will be happy with Nifty

Cons: I like the app, just think they could add a client portal, with login and password.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Tracey R.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Great team collaboration tool with solid solutions for client management"

Comments: Great team behind the platform. Super helpful. A fantastic alternative to other collaboration tools out there!

Pros: With Nifty, we are able to manage and connect our project team members in one creative workspace. This tool has helped us to improve our collaboration processes at both the team and client levels. Nifty has enabled us to move forward faster with more clarity, helping us meet deadlines with ease. An awesome feature is Nifty documents and files, which serve as a central hub of our content and document collaboration. There are many useful and practical features that are designed to make us more effective and efficient with managing our projects. We also like the fact that we can set milestones and the overview section is fantastic for tracking each project, its progress, and time frames. Another pro is the ability to import projects/ documents etc. from other apps, such as Trello and Asana.

Cons: We can't say we don't like anything in particular about Nifty! Perhaps the onboarding process could be improved slightly to give more in-app information (the platform uses tooltips) on navigating the software and how to explore all its features (because there is a myriad of awesome ones to explore!). There are links to external documents, but it would enhance the UX if more navigation is provided in-app. While intuitive to use (with an awesome UI that you can customize), the onboarding experience can be maximized to ensure users can get set up faster and start being productive. But

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Gabriel T.
Gabriel T.
Product Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2020

"Great little find in a sea of many project management tools"

Comments: It's been great. As I mentioned, I have used so many management tools and I am happy to have stumbled on this little treasure of a management tool with so much ease in mind yet so much robust tools if I want to grow my project and team, Nifty looks to scale pretty well.

Pros: Hello, I am product designer (PD) working on a side app project with a friend. As a PD I have worked with so many different types of Project Management Tools, and found Nifty to be very easy to use right out of the box so to speak and the overall dashboard and UI are more intuitive than other management tools I have used.

Cons: I am just starting out with Nifty so at the moment I am enjoying the app and haven't found anything to be a headache or anything. If maybe a suggestion. Be awesome to have some sort of Figma Plugin where I can manage a design tasks in Figma. Just a random thought.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2020
Mike S.
Managing Member
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2020

"Speedy, flexible task and project management software"

Comments: Very good. We found a reproducible issue and reported it, and it was fixed very quickly.

Pros: We have tried many task and project management systems over thee last few years. While some have been great in certain aspects, they would each fall short in some specific way that made it less-than-ideal. Thus far, NiftyPM has been a joy to use. Much of that is because of one simple feature... SPEED. NiftyPM does not get in my way when I am creating tasks, moving them around, assigning them to others, etc. Nifty does pretty much everything that I wanted it to do, and the (very) few things it doesn't are on the road map, so I am pretty happy with it. The dark mode interface design is also very well thought out.

Cons: Because there is a large amount of data involved, the interface can be a bit overwhelming. However, it is very well-designed, so once you get used to it, the software becomes much easier to navigate. There are a few small things I would like to be added/implemented. For example, the ability to easily see the date/time when a task was created, along with date/time stamps of when it moved from one status to another.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2020
Belen C.
Program Manager
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2020

"The tool that helped manage 11 projects at the time"

Comments: We're a design studio working with startups and corporates to improve their user experiences and visual interfaces, as well as service design. We manage several projects per month and Nifty helped me as the unique Program Manager at the studio, to manage all the projects we have, being very accurate with their milestones, tasks and deadlines.

Pros: I love the milestones + tasks features, it gives me the possibility to map very clearly on time how we're doing on each project we have.

Cons: The learning curve might be challenging for certain roles that might benefit from it, it needs more help during the onboarding.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp, Wrike, Trello, and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: Nifty was the only one that had a clear timeline to map milestones and the progress, that was the big feature that helped me decide.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2020
Gerard B.
Production Director
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2020

"Finally I decided to move from monthly payment Asana to Nifty"

Comments: Getting complete solutions for pm is a complex waiting game but not anymore. This has almost the all in one solutions to manage teams and projects

Pros: So I use Asana for more than 1 year until last week i try Nifty, check all the features and decided to stop my monthly subscription and move to Nifty. I have small team, 1 code is enough for me but, think of my big plan in the future, i will get more extra codes. Good luck for you guys,
and please keep update the future :)
Stay Safe!

Cons: mobile app needs some improvement but I mainly use it on desktop anyway

• Reviewed on 27/06/2020
Phil W.
Phil W.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2020

"Finally, an easy productivity tool!"

Comments: I have moved from using Meistertask, notes, to-do-list, etc to just nifty. It's really convenient!

Pros: The user experience was by far the best thing about Nifty. I was able to set up really quickly and start mapping out all the tasks that needed to be done.

Cons: There isn't really much I don't like about Nifty. They did release a new app though which I have been using, they are always updating so that is annoying, but in reality its a good thing.

Micah F.
Micah F.
Front End Engineer
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Best PM tool I've used yet"

Comments: Overall I am incredibly happy. Can't wait for them to explode.

Pros: I liked the ease of you, the gant charts made everything super helpful to plan. It works - which although all PM tools are supposed to, this one I felt made things clear and organized enough that our team used it and benefited from it.

Cons: I just wish it was more ubiquitous, had more integrations, and that I had it years ago!!! Early product but it's going to be great!

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Bailey P.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2021

"A project management suite that has everything we need"

Comments: Nifty has been our core project and task management system for a while, and is super helpful for inviting other team members and customers to collaborate.

Pros: Nifty does everything we'd want it to, with excellent features for task and project management. Nifty is great at organising everything into projects and timeframes.

Cons: There are some features that are not available in Nifty that are available in competing products, however Nifty do release regular updates.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2021
Anton C.
Anton C.
Intern
Animation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2019

"Used on trial, trying to convince my boss to get it for the buisness."

Comments: Nifty has been a great tool amongst many others my boss has tried to implement to improve productivity.

Pros: With the roadmap covering the overall progress of the tasks and collaborations, it's easy to keep track of a project as a whole. it works well without being too excessive on features. The interface is wonderful and elegant and ultimately for how useful it is, it's well priced.

Cons: The ability to draft a task for review by customers would be greatly appreciated.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2019
David C.
David C.
Freelance Web Developer
Information Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"Best PM software i've found"

Comments: I've been trialling various different PM systems for quite a while now and none of them have done everything I need in a simple way....until now!
Nifty is a pleasure to use, not overcomplicated by features that I wouldn't use.

Pros: NiftyPM is very easy to use, even if you're not familiar with Project Management software. It's interface is very intuitive and a pleasure to use

Cons: I've not yet found anything to dislike about the software - There are a few features that I would like to see added though such as CName integration for white labelling.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2020
Nuno P.
Nuno P.
Founder CEO
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Perfect for client comunication"

Pros: Every new client, after payment and contract will automatically get the login details (with Zapier integration) and an email to ask them to download the app. Nifty is the main comunication channel for clients, practical to use, fast, simple. Besides , we can also share docs and manage projects with team.

Cons: I would like to see more colour customization

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020
Jodi L.
Jodi L.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2020

"Really Easy to Use, Great Structure and Organization"

Comments: I have found it imported great from Trello. It is really easy to keep organized and to manage tasks with dependencies.

Pros: Easy to use, great organization abilities, easy to manage several brands

Cons: I would like more templates that is the only con I have found so far.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2020
Mobile Developer
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2019

"Good Software"

Pros: Easy to use, pleasant user experience. It can be used immediately.

Cons: I would like to have a desktop app for it

by Nifty Technologies on 25/02/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for being a Nifty customer, we appreciate your excellent feedback. Just to clarify, our desktop apps are available for both the Mac & Windows OS and can be downloaded here: https://niftypm.com/apps

Sincerely,
Team Nifty

• Reviewed on 08/02/2019
COO
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Great Program!"

Pros: Easy to use, very user friendly for my people who are bad at computers.

Cons: I loved this software and love how they are really on top of what it needs to do.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Jay M.
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2021

"Outstanding UI but steep learning curve."

Pros: This is a really pretty software. It just looks so cool that you want to be in it all the time. It's the most beautiful online tool I've used and sets the standard.

Cons: I've taken project management classes in college. But implementing this tool was a little much for me. There's a lot to take in, and that's really great for most people I guess, but for simplicity and speed of implementation, it suffered for me in that area.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2021
Sherilyn C.
Editor
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2019

"Highly recommended for home-based businesses!"

Comments: Home business owners should consider Nifty for their project management operations.

Pros: It is easy to use and makes communication smoother among team members.

Cons: I found nothing to be unsatisfactory about the software.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Elizabeth B.
Graphic Designer
Public Relations & Communications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2021

"Used briefly"

Comments: It was brief.

Pros: Being able to manage tasks - send to colleagues and see what they are up to on other projects

Cons: I came from using a different task management. I just didn't like the set up of it compared to the ones I previously used.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2021
Viktor N.
Viktor N.
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"Intuitive, feature-packed project management app!"

Comments: Nifty is already helping improve productivity since switching from the previous, slower app. As we're working on pivoting our business, it's nice being able to track everything and know what we need to work on now. Plus, support is helpful when I need them without long delays.

Pros: Nifty has a very intuitive UI/UX, so it was easy to jump in and start using it right away. Only a few things required me to look it up in documentation or contact support. And support is fast and helpful. It also has almost everything one needs to manage projects, with more stuff on the roadmap for this year. Compared to the previous project management app, Nifty is fast. So it's a lot easier to manage everything without waiting seconds for the data to load. I hated waiting on task info to load previously, and now with a click, it opens the panel and data is already there. I also like how the task panel is organized, with an easy way to add custom fields as needed. I can easily add files (including Google Docs) to tasks, add comments, and change all other info on the fly. One, somewhat hidden, feature I like is markdown parsing in task descriptions and comments.

Cons: My biggest con is that Nifty isn't accessible as of this writing. You can't tab navigate and the color contrast in the light and dark themes is low, doesn't meet WCAG AA standard. So people with certain disabilities won't be able to use Nifty. I've already told support about this, so hopefully, they'll improve/fix this. Other cons are temporary since they are on the roadmap - API, annual recurring tasks, integration with GitLab, CSV import. Should be all implemented by end of 2020.

Alternatives Considered: Asana, Teamwork, Trello, and Jira

Reasons for Choosing Nifty: Plutio is a nice app, but it's a business management app with project management functionality. They're adding a lot of features we don't need while project management isn't prioritized. So we decided to go with a dedicated project management app to get features missing in Plutio as of this writing: milestones, dependencies, native mobile apps, ability to group projects (Nifty calls it portfolios), and overall more stable experience. Plutio can be buggy with each update, more like a stable beta version. Nifty is also a lot faster than Plutio.

Switched From: Plutio

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: We've used these over the last few years. Nifty was the right price and the right feature set that we needed. It's easy to use and support is fast and friendly.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2020
Diego D.
Marketing Freelancer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2021

"Amazing project management software"

Comments: I simply love Nifty. It is my day to day management tool and makes my life so much easier. I would say is something in between Trello and Asana. It is more much more advanced than Trello but keeping it's simplicity and has pretty much the same features than Asana but with a better UX.

Pros: You can change views to see your tasks in a Kaban view, task list, milestones, Gannt project view, etc. But the best thing is that you can have a calendar view with all the tasks of the day/week/month. It has a really good UX and a mobile app to manage everything from your phone. It allows you to see either the teams workload or only your workload which can be especially useful for project managers. It also has many collaborative speaces. You can have conversations either at a task level or at the project level. You can share there links, files, resources... and it also has a specific workspace to share files and have all the project files that you need in one space.

Cons: Overall it has a great UX but there's a few things that could be improved. The calendar view is still a bit basic. I miss having tasks in different colors to prioritise and time-block properly. However, the product has a roadmap and is constantly impoving so I'm sure this is something we will see soon.

Alternatives Considered: ClickUp, Asana, Notion, and Trello

Yann I.
Consultant
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2021

"A solid project management tool with a lot of room for team communication"

Pros: I originally had known about Nifty before I finally purchased access to through an AppSumo deal months ago. The one thing that has really impressed me is that it's a combination of two tools: a platform for project management and one for team communication. Before signing up for Nifty, I had used quite many different project management tools and none and this unique mix. Sure, in other platforms you can communicate through comments in a task but sometimes you need more room to communicate with other members of your team, both in group and one on one. Nifty does that: one the one side it lets you manage your projects, on the other it facilitates team communication. This is huge because it turns Nifty into a sort of online hub for many aspects of your business.

Cons: While it's true that Nifty can replace several tools one may be using, it's a bit more of a pricey option compared to other project management tools (which may even come with a free tier). Sure, the tool comes with a 14-day free trial but I think that, in order to really see its full potential, a user might need to use Nifty for more than just a couple of weeks before being "sold" on waiting to spend almost $40/month for its lowest pricing level. It goes without saying that this is a company decision but I think that it's something that might potentially drive away users who would end up liking Nifty but just don't give it a chance.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2021