• Overall
    4.9 /5
    4.9 /5
    4.8 /5

About Rippling

Rippling makes it easy to manage your Payroll, Benefits, HR, and IT -- all in one, modern platform.

Learn more about Rippling

Showing 25 reviews of 812

Scott G.
Founder & CEO
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2019

"Great product, friendly service"

Comments: Rippling makes it easy for my employees to get paid, track PTO, do open enrollment for healthcare and it handles all the tax/compliance stuff with ease.

Pros: Rippling's Payroll is seamless and easy and their support in setting everything up (and transferring from my old provider was flawless). We manage our Benefits, PTO, Payroll, Worker's Comp all through their software. For benefits and Worker's Comp, it integrates with third parties seamlessly (our health insurance broker and a Worker's Comp company Rippling works with). But overall, I've appreciated their service above all else - requests are quickly and politely answered (not like my previous provider)

Cons: The reporting features leave a lot to be desired, but I can see them improving as they go. Today's payroll run surfaced a brand new report that wasn't there just two weeks ago, so I'm hopeful this is an area they are devoting more attention to.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2019
Jennifer O.
Director of People Operations
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020

"Finally great customer service!"

Pros: We have only been using Rippling for about a month but so far are very impressed. Our implementation manager was so excellent - answered all our questions quickly and clearly. We have been changing payroll providers for a few years now and have been frustrated with the lack of detail oriented customer service. And I think the UI was great.

Cons: Honestly nothing yet! If I have to say one thing, it was some of our employees had a little trouble understanding the W2 enrollment. But once I figured it out, easy enough to explain

Meredith G.
Corporate Accountant
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2020

"Payroll Company of the Future"

Comments: Overall experience with Rippling has been great. We got off to a rocky start for implementation, but customer service has stepped up their game since then so and we have been very pleased!

Pros: I really like the ease of running payroll. We are also able to onboard employees efficiently without a bunch of paper being sent back and forth. The reports you can run are endless, which is amazing.

Cons: It can be a little confusing to use at first. It took us a few months to get a good grasp on the software, and there are still features we don't know about.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2020
Josh H.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2019

"Rippling is a one stop shop"

Comments: Customer service has been the highlight so far. Very prompt service!

Pros: It takes care of all my payroll, insurance, deductions, pto time, onboarding, and offboarding all in one place.

Cons: Nothing really other than just having to go through a rigorous set up and transition process.

• Reviewed on 04/11/2019
Alexis B.
Office manager
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2020

"Game-changer for our company!"

Comments: Overall, it's been a dream experience. We are so glad we switched over. There are many pro's that have come along with the switch and it's made onboarding and payroll so much more manageable for all that are involved.

Pros: I really like the onboarding features of Rippling. We were doing all of our paperwork by hand and it was quite a headache for the employers, managers and the employees. We love the ease of filling out paperwork and sending out our paperwork. Onboarding is breeze now with Rippling!

Cons: It has taken some time for us to get used to not having phone support/designate rep, as everything is via email. The times we have had emergencies, we have had quick responses. But we do miss the ability to call up our representative when we have a rare payroll emergency.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2020
Joe C.
Director, Oxford House HI
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2020

"Rippling"

Comments: I like the HR aspect of Rippling the most. I am able to bring on new employees and get them working without a lot of time spent doing HR paperwork. Having to let someone go is difficult as it is but from the paperwork side Rippling makes that much easier.

Pros: Rippling is one of the best Employee Management & HR software on the market. It is very user friendly, so I did not have to spend a lot of time reading through a manual to do what I wanted to do in real time. I can bring on new hires and not be bogged down with the details of the payroll paperwork, it is almost seamless. I like the bulletin board feature that allows for company-wide announcements and the Dashboard feature that gives me information that used to require an appointment with HR but now is available at my fingertips

Cons: I am not required to use the report feature and don't have access. Not really a criticism of the program but I am not able to truly evaluate the program.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2020
Alexandra S.
Head of People
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2020

"So many things in one platform"

Pros: I love the ease of use for onboarding new employees. Being able to provision IT accounts, sign crucial documents, build an employee profile from our ATS and create custom PTO plans per each location we have, is AMAZING! For a one-person department, Rippling has made my life so much easier.

Cons: Two areas in which the product can be improved. A more functional organizational chart (visually speaking) and more functionally in doing static documents like a text function to fill out the forms.

• Reviewed on 03/02/2020
Nicole H.
Growth & Marketing Associate
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2020

"Rippling is an incredible business tool"

Comments: Rippling is an awesome business tool that helps me stay organized on one central platform.

Pros: Rippling is extremely easy to navigate and includes easy access to things such as benefits, pay stubs and org charts. Another benefit of Rippling is the “To-do” list section. For example, my HR manager will assign me a task which sends me an email and shows up on my Rippling dashboard. It lists the priority of the task, the due date and duties that need to be performed. If I have not checked off a task in a few days it sends me a reminder email. It’s a really great way to stay organized!

Cons: After using Rippling for nearly 6 months within my company I have yet to find anything negative about the platform.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2020
Emily H.
Sign Language Interpreter
Translation & Localization, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2020

"Blown Away"

Comments: Rippling had me from the demo. I am childcareless and juggling a small business in the midst of a pandemic, and was frankly a little peeved that they wanted to use my time to demo their service. Just give me a trial, people! My tune changed completely once in the demo, though. They answered my incredibly niche questions with aplomb, and *got back to me on the ones they didn't know offhand*! Seriously, I not only feel great about this software, but I feel much stronger in my understanding of my business thanks to Rippling. 11/10. Best decision.

Pros: This is literally the best customer service I've ever had. I cannot overstate how instrumental Rippling has been in helping me set up payroll. I was having issues obtaining an employer number from the Virginia Employment Commission, and they contacted the agency on my behalf, saving me countless hours. They were able to get a payment applied retroactively to a quarter that had closed (my mistake; my issue), and all fees waived. Throughout the entirety of this process, they were communicative, transparent, and helpful. They looped me in, but did all the heavy lifting. I have been shouting their praises ever since.

Cons: I was initially put off by the price (I didn't want to pay anything for payroll services, in all honesty. One of those 'but I don't wanna' kind of growing pains. Rippling has proven to be so very worth the cost, though. I have no complaints.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2020
Jonathan A.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2020

"Stellar customer service and seamless deployment"

Pros: Deployment and onboarding was so easy! I had originally looked at other systems (and even started down the road of another deployment), but customer service with that other provider was so bad that I cancelled that and was referred to Rippling by another entrepreneur friend of mine. I'm SO GLAD I followed my instinct and switched to Rippling. It has made management of my team so much easier. And, customer service is incredibly responsive.

Cons: A simple time management software. All the other apps have all these additional feature requirements and they're expensive. All I need is a simple check-in, check-out and trying to find that in the app store has been miserable.

Caitlin P.
Director of Culture
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2020

"Don't Waste Your Money"

Comments: Overall, we felt we were sold a really expensive lie with this system. The main functionality we wanted--the automatic integration with all of our tools to make onboarding easier, didn't actually exist. When we started to use it, it quickly became "oh, well you still have to go into Dropbox to purchase licenses, we don't fully integrate with them" and "oh yeah, MS Office you can't do through our system either because of the licensing" so we ended up doing all of these things manually anyways. Their customer service has been extremely poor, and they're also one of the more expensive products on the market. I don't recommend this tool at all--I think they have a really long way to go in improving their product, and I'm honestly amazed that there are so many high reviews on this site.

Pros: At the time, it seemed really appealing to make our onboarding process more seamless with email, Slack, and all the other tools our teams were using. The interface and functionality seemed appealing, but overall, unfortunately, turned out to be a letdown. For what we pay for this software, compared to what we get, I can't say much positive in terms of what we SHOULD be getting.

Cons: The interface is convoluted and user journeys don't make sense. When we first started using Rippling, we were an early customer so we decided to be along for the ride, but things are constantly moved and changed and become more complicated, not easier, to find and navigate. Among many other things, here are a few of the worst issues we've had: - Inability to de-activate a contractor--if you want to not be charged money every month for someone, you have to fully offboard them otherwise your billing will quickly become insane and wasteful.
- Their electronic signature functionality is crap--you have to use their clunky system, you can't just upload your own doc and add a signature box.
- Their customer support is terrible! They take a really long time to answer emails (you have to pay extra I believe if you want phone support, if that even exists at all), and when they do, they often deny they've made mistakes or their tech has broken.
- Lack of security: we offboarded an employee and it was supposed to automatically offboard them from tools, but the employee let us know that several days later, they still had access to these tools. We contacted Rippling and they denied this, and then a month later they emailed us the equivalent of "oh yeah, sorry about that, our bad." This is completely unacceptable when you're working in technology and clients' proprietary code or other info can be compromised by a terminated employee.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2020
Russ W.

"Very pleasantly surprised"

Comments: I was cautiously optimistic when we got started on Rippling but now I'm a total fan. It's not perfect but it is head & shoulders above all other options we have found. It's tough to find a good solution when you have less than 50 people.

Pros: I have been looking for HR software for our 25 person company that would give employees one place to look to get all their critical HR information - benefits, payroll, time off, documents. I thought it was going to be Zenefits but they just don't deliver and trust me, I tried. We used them for years before finding Rippling. We now do all of these things in Rippling plus the provisioning of user accounts for new employees with our key software systems.

Cons: Some of the integrations with our software systems are not ready for prime time. Our key software is covered well but there are some that are not.

James H.
Consultant
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2020

"The Turnkey Solution to Holistic Employee Management that No One is Talking About"

Comments: Just a superb product and user experience. The app integrations have saved me time and the easy-to-configure automations were a huge draw for me as a programmer and data engineer.

Pros: The highly accessible, intuitive UI is fantastic. As someone who works with Fortune 500 companies down to small businesses I am always touting the importance of user-centric design and often showcase Rippling as an exemplar. In addition to overall look and navigability, Rippling has created the one-stop-shop platform with the connectivity of Microsoft Suite combined with the customer experience and integrated cyber security of Apple/iOS. The lightning fast onboarding makes this a great product for a growing SaaS startup or a Fortune 500 organization attempting to shift towards the "new normal" of remote work.

Cons: I don't have any negative feedback at this time. Speaking from the employee-as-the-user standpoint, Rippling has made my work experience significantly better. That being said, I don't know what, if any, limitations or drawbacks that HR-side users may be experiencing. However, I suspect that this platform is top notch all the way around.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2020
Yaron K.
COO
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2020

"Great system with lots of tools and intuitive interface"

Comments: Rippling makes it easy for my employees and contractors to get paid,

Pros: So far it has been only positive. I use it few times a week and am always happy with the way it works.
Rippling support team is extremely responsive, for me as non HR / payroll person it is very important and help me transition into thier system smoothly. It allows direct connection thru API to my systems

Cons: None so far, hopefully it will stay that way

• Reviewed on 09/12/2020
Misty W.
Human Resources Administrator
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2020

"Rippling is Magical"

Comments: Payroll is much easier and love that it can be automated. The sales team was very polite and informative. The implementation always made sure we were on track and available when we had questions. It is a wonderful system and we are excited to see any improvements in the future.

Pros: This software is so easy to use and you can definitely tell the developers thought about everything. The implementation was effortless and brought our company into 21st century. It has made so many things easier and saved a lot of time for the HR team.

Cons: For our company, it would have been nice if it had a time and attendance platform already built in.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2020
Digital Content Designer
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"A delightful and easy to use platform"

Pros: My job recently switched to Rippling from Gusto, and although I love Gusto, Rippling was a really nice surprise! You get emailed when you're paid, like Gusto, but it tells you the details in the email body moreso. The interface is also super easy to use. I like that there is an "advice of deposit" embedded in the webpage so that you don't have to download a PDF to see the details. It's great to have the crucial details like net pay and pay period upfront. There's also a neat bar that shows how much went to taxes and how much went to you. The drawings are super cute too and lift my mood. Another nice thing is you can easily change your tax status on Rippling, so it feels very integrated.

Cons: I don't love the paystub pdf look. It has a giant "THIS IS NOT A CHECK" watermark, and overall looks a little unprofessional. Makes me a bit nervous when I have to submit paystubs to anyone as proof of income, and I worry they won't believe me. I felt Gusto's PDFs were way more professional and legit.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Caroline C.
Community Associate
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2020

"Easy to navigtate and use"

Comments: My overall experience with Rippling has been incredible and reliable. This comes after switching from Just works which was often problematic.

Pros: The overall aesthetic of Rippling allows for the user to easily navigate the site. For one, the task bar on the upper left separates itself from the rest of the page so you aren't distracted by anything other than the page you have selected.

Cons: What I like least is perhaps the fact that when you first begin the software there isn't a tutorial on how to navigate it. That could be helpful.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2020
Andreas M.
Controller
Textiles, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2020

"The new generation of payroll software"

Comments: Impressive response times during sales cycle and implementation and now post-launch support. We had some hiccups during conversion (as might be expected) that I worried about but Rippling solved the issues quickly.

Pros: I haven't yet implemented all of the features that Rippling provides, but what I like is that this software has the right blend of features, ease of use (or lack of complexity) and price. It also seems like this platform was made "fresh" and wasn't legacy software that's been modified. The conversion was also easy and it made adding a new FSA plan ridiculously easy.

Cons: I don't yet intuitively know where to find everything - but it's a more of a familiarity issue than a software problem.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2020
Madeline M.
Settlement Accounting Team Lead
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2020

"Great, Easy to Use Payroll Platform"

Pros: We have only been using Rippling for a month now at my current company, but the ease of use as compared to prior payroll platforms I have had is exceptional. I recently completed our Open Enrollment process using Rippling and the process was seamless. It was concise yet had all of the relevant information available. My favorite feature is the Organization Chart. The opportunity to see an employees photo and put a face to the name is invaluable in getting to know the individuals at a company. Rippling gets a 10 out of 10 in my book.

Cons: The Open Enrollment process, I would have liked to see a "Save and Return Later" option so it would have saved my place if I was not able to complete the enrollment all in one setting. Rather than leaving the window open, being signed out due to inactivity and having to fill out the information from the start each time.

Tamoor M.
Financial Analyst
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2020

"Experience with Rippling"

Pros: Rippling is a fantastic tool that our company uses on a daily basis. It makes processes such as employee onboarding and payroll management much easier to execute and keep track of. Rippling also has incredible customer service representatives, who go above and beyond to meet our needs and answer our questions; and always making sure to respond as soon as possible.

Cons: When looking for reports on different stats - its often hard to find exactly what we need. It could use some minor work on its reporting system.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2020
Leah C.
Community Manager
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2020

"Rippling - Gamechanger"

Pros: We are a small startup who scales fast and when we made the switch to Rippling, everything became so easy! We were able to move from several different vendors to just this one, for so many things that we need to operate. It's probably the best tool I use on a regular basis in my position at the company.

Cons: I wish there was a phone number to call for support as an option.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2020
Starling C.
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2019

"Great for anyone who needs to hire"

Comments: Using it to start the HR process for our startup. It helped us setup our hiring process. A great experience so far.

Pros: It makes hiring incredibly simple, particularly for founders new to the HR process.

Cons: It is complex with quite a lot of options, but that’s to be expected considering the services it provides.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2019
Firas E.
VP of Clinical and Regulatory Affairs
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2019

"Intuitive and easy to use"

Comments: My interactions on this site are always efficient and effective, and that's consistently the case as I use it about once a week. The system design and organization has a good feel and makes one's life easier in managing very important aspects. It's a role model.

Pros: A "one-stop" shop for all my needs, including paystub view, adjusting federal & state withholding, viewing/activating other benefits. Intuitive to use, well organized, and easy to use. Also with a state-of-the-art very secure login process that is simultaneously not complicated or time consuming.

Cons: I can't find or think of any cons of any significance, and that's spectacular to say about anything.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2019
Katt S.
People Operations Specialist
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2020

"Spend your time & money elsewhere"

Pros: This product is very user-friendly. The interface is modern, which is a nice touch when many HCM systems are downright sad to look at.

Cons: Where do I begin? There are myriad compliance issues throughout. Every time we run our bi-weekly payroll, we end up having to contact support due to something that should have been integrated, bugs, or general lack of ease of use for administrators. We deal with both contractors and employees, and though they accommodated us at first, we feel that the support has wained greatly throughout the years. Communication is a major issue with their support team, and the fact that they have no carrier connections for benefits administration is a major downside, but at least it's one your should know about before you sign on.

• Reviewed on 04/06/2020
Harold H.
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2020

"Finally...payroll and employee management, simplified"

Pros: The easiest part about this software is how it has streamlined our onboarding process for new team members. Now we can go from the hiring process to onboarding to day 1 in a few clicks. That takes a lot off of my plate and gives me time back.

Cons: I think the biggest challenge is understanding all that it can do and figuring out what makes sense to aggregate into the system. For example, they have a password management tool but we already pay for Dashlane so we had to decide if we were going to keep Dashlane or switch to them (which would be slightly cheaper). We ultimately stayed with Dashlane but I think that the more of these features that can be used on the platform, the better. The downside is just figuring out which ones to add in.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2020