15 years helping Emirati businesses

ManageEngine Endpoint Central Reviews

About ManageEngine Endpoint Central

On-prem & cloud-based unified endpoint management and security tool that helps manage organization endpoints from single console.

Learn more about ManageEngine Endpoint Central

Pros:

Patch Management is great, windows integration is full.

Cons:

It takes a while to get your head around how updates are applied - it is quite 'batchy. The MDM UI is sometimes a bit confusing.

ManageEngine Endpoint Central ratings

4.4
4.4
4.5
4.5

8.7/10

ManageEngine Endpoint Central has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 847 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ManageEngine Endpoint Central before?

Rob
Rob
Head of IT in UK
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

Great all-in-one management platform

Comments: We initially replaced our WSUS system with DC, then expanded it out to cover MDM (replacing Meraki) and vulnerability scanning.

Pros:

- Centralised patch management - Vulnerability and threat management works pretty well - Excellent, responsive support team - Once you get used to how it works, it's pretty robust and nice to use - Nice MDM, desktop, laptop and mobile management all in one place

Cons:

- It takes a while to get your head around how updates are applied - it is quite 'batchy' - The MDM UI is sometimes a bit confusing

Mike
Mike
IT Consultant in US
Renewables & Environment, 11–50 Employees

The go-to for Google Workspace organizations

Comments: Overall, ManageEngine Endpoint Central enables me to schedule automated patching of systems, deploy software and software updates, execute scripts, remotely assist users, and manage assets -- on both Windows and macOS. This is all without needing Azure AD or on-premises Active Directory.

Pros:

In my comparison of endpoint management products -- both in 2020 and again in 2023 -- ManageEngine Endpoint Central (Enterprise or UEM) was the only one to check all of the must-have boxes for organizations that aren't entrenched in Microsoft 365. It also does so at one of the most competitive prices.

Cons:

It doesn't provide automated/audited privilege management/elevation for providing users with local administrator access on their system when needed. Instead, you must deploy a configuration change to add them to the local administrators group, or to create a second account with administrator privileges.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

"Streamline Endpoint Management with ManageEngine Endpoint Central: Enhanced Visibility, Control, and Real-Time Monitoring"

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: ManageEngine Endpoint Central is a unified endpoint management software that streamlines endpoint management, enhancing visibility and control over running applications, ensuring all systems and applications, including third-party apps, are up-to-date and free from vulnerabilities, all while improving the user experience on a single platform. Its agent deployment architecture enables real-time management and monitoring of endpoints.

Pros:

Automation capabilities of the application, from scheduled AD sync, inventory scan, and vulnerability scan to Automated patch testing in the Test & approve, Automated Patch Deployment, and conclusive scheduled reporting to automated tasks. Endpoint Central features a wide functionality in daily system administration and management. The integral of remote desktop connection, chat, video, audio and text exchange between admin and user has simplified Remote support. License tracking in the inventory mgt module enables the org to save expenses on underutilized software and helps scale up for the frequently used software

Cons:

The Data Loss Prevention module is far-fetched, we cannot manage other mail clients other than Outlook.

James
IT Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Changed licensing after giving a quote and us sending a purchase order

2.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Support is poor. They call back late at night when you have a ticket. Major problems understanding them and they raise prices after they give you a quote and you send a PO.

Pros:

It is fair. Also a requirement. If you have other products, they work together.

Cons:

They changed licensing after giving a quote and us sending a purchase order. They then turned it off even though we sent the PO two weeks prior. All they will say is we have to call them. We have major problems understanding them so the call is no good.

Maxime
Admin sys in Canada
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

Great tool for patching, remote support and inventory purpose

Comments: So far so good. Would need more time to evaluate and compare to MS Intune

Pros:

Cloud version. Patch management, configurations & software deployment.

Cons:

OS Deployment, NextGen Antivirus, mobile device management, Reporting

Mostafa
System Section Team Leader in Egypt
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201–500 Employees

Reviewing ManageEngine Endpoint Central

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Patch Management, Configurations, Next gen-antivirus

Cons:

Reporting has to be more accrued and gives a clear view

Peter
Consultant in Australia
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Simple without over-rated features

4.0 last month New

Comments: Great, Simple, Has the all features I need. Reviewed many other solutions - Loved ManageEngine EndPoint Central since day one.

Pros:

Great, Simple, Has the all features I need. Reviewed many other solutions - Loved ManageEngine EndPoint Central since day 1. Perfect for Small Businesses.

Cons:

Hope it can do network inventory instead of just computers. Too many other products. Also can do with a better dashboard look.

Thomas
IT Support Engineer in US
Construction Software, 201–500 Employees

Great Software for us!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Using Endpoint Central has made my life as an information technology administrator a breeze! Between the ease of access for our endpoints and the easy to navigate UI, Endpoint Central is awesome.

Cons:

The only downside I can think of about Endpoint Central is the sales team at Manage Engine is relentless, if you try to demo a product you will be badgered for months by multiple sales representatives.

Brett
Helpdesk Analyst in US
Food Production, 501–1,000 Employees

Great Endpoint management solution

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It has been good. It simplifies endpoint management and allows us to accomplish most tasks without remoting in to a computer and disrupting users.

Pros:

The third party patch support is unrivaled and they even added one we requested.

Cons:

No built in activity display to show whether a computer is actively in use or not (but you can use query user in the remote command prompt)

Samuel
It Manager in Netherlands
Human Resources Software, 51–200 Employees

ManageEngine our Google

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Easy to use Easy to deploy A lot of options and easy to manage

Cons:

As is It tool no need to be very beautiful or super fashion menus, it what it is, used to be easy the life to IT

Dale
IT in US
Warehousing, 51–200 Employees

MEDC is an important tool for us.

Comments: Patching is a breeze. RDP has saved me a lot of headaches since I don't always remember the FQDN of every machine in the building. Helps let me know if systems are down. Overall its a tool I cant live without at this point.

Pros:

Inventory features. Makes it really easy to see what PC's are running and who is using them. Login history, Windows patching, software inventories, warranty information (except for HP) and a great built in RDP feature. This software makes life a LOT easier. Its pricing is pretty competitive for everything it offers. We have stuck with it for almost 3 years and don't plan to switch away unless there is a drastic change in its price or functionality. So far I would give it a solid 9.5/10.

Cons:

When you hit your license limit, if you don't realize it, and you do another installation, removing the license from an unused computer doesn't activate the one you were initially trying to activate. Often requiring you to jump through a little bit of hoops to get it going. Always make sure you have a free license prior to the install. The only other thing I would truly consider a con is some of the features are more buried then they should be, and its not always immediately obvious where your going to find what you are looking for. Once you have used it for a while, you get used to it though and its a non-issue.

ManageEngine Response

5 years ago

Hello Dale, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're delighted that you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central and the fact that it has been making your job seamless for the past three years. We hope our product has aced in helping you with endpoint security and management. We are working towards creating better visibility in terms of the user interface. If you require further assistance with the product UI, do write to us at [email protected]. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at [email protected].

Robert
IT Manager in US
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

Desktop Central - try it! You may wonder how you lived without it before.

Comments: Overall, I really enjoy their products. I have used their other offerings and have been pleased with how easy their software is to learn and use. I really like the reporting features, even if they are a bit plain. But, the data in the reports is spot on. It would be nice to have a way to spice up the reporting templates a bit for non-technical management. I've tried other patching products over the years, but I've always recommended Desktop Central to my clients to at least try. Almost all of them end up purchasing Desktop Central!

Pros:

Desktop Central is very easy to set up. As long as you follow the requirements for opening ports, you should be able to install and start using the product very quickly. The product can be used for free with up to 25 clients, so you can really "kick the tires" and get a full idea of if this is the product for you. It is reasonably fast, and the learning curve is fairly easy and straightforward. The training videos are not bad and cover most of what I needed to learn to use the product. I've worked with the support team only a few times over the last several years, so that's a bonus for me. Their support was knowledgeable, and was able to solve my issues within one or two email exchanges. They do offer phone support, but this was not an option I prefer to use, so I can't comment much on that. I now use several products from ManageEngine, and it is great how once you use one of their products, you should be comfortable with their other offerings.

Cons:

It took me a little while to learn HOW the product works, and what the developers' thought process was at first. Once I got that part, the use of the product really fell into place for me rather quickly. I think the learning curve for this software is much easier than other products, but you do have to at least look over the intro manuals the first couple of times you use the product. I'd love to see the company make more training videos using native North American English speakers. ManageEngine is an Indian company, and while their team absolutely knows their stuff, it can be challenging (at least for me) to work with the Indian speaking and writing style of English.

Calvert
IT Engineer in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Pleasantly Surprised

Comments: It provides visibility across the network for all devices (EUC and Servers) with the ability to manage them. Being able to roll out patches, config changes and interact with users and their devices from one place is exactly what I was looking for when I was tasked with coming up with a solution. I initially came up with two solutions, but I am happy that this has worked out so well.

Pros:

Intuitive layout, finding things is relatively easy and figuring out most things is straightforward.Even in a trial, the support is very responsive and always on hand to assist. I like that each page has a link to the support team and I can interact with them from where I am on the site instead of logging into a different portal and logging a ticket. It seems some logical thought was put into developing the user interaction.An extensive set of features and functions is included right out of the box, so you can get up and running quickly. The most challenging part for me was figuring out how to get the agent on devices that AD or the network complained about. Once the agent is on, I have full control over the device and am able to gather a lot of information which, as any IT Admin will agree, is crucial for making sound decisions.

Cons:

The UI looks a little dated and could do with some paint. Even if it isn't for everyone, some users may prefer how it currently looks. In that case, the opportunity to change the skin would be a nice bonus. Despite this, it's a great product that doesn't detract from the site's functionality.I'm surprised that the cloud version is behind the on-premise version in terms of functionality. Although saying that, it's not by much and the team has assured me that the functions are in development. So it will be very nice to see things like BitLocker management in the cloud version and improvements to the quality of the reports.I tried both the on-premise and cloud solutions, both of which work just fine. There are a few things I saw on the on-premise version that wasn't quite the same in the cloud (mentioned earlier). Additionally, at the time of writing this, there are a couple of improvements that I have suggested, namely in the area of managing multiple domains. This area still needs a little work.

Reed
IT Manager in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201–500 Employees

Endpoint Central - Your One Stop Tool for Remote Monitoring Management and More!

Comments: We were looking for a solution that would allow us to deliver at the highest level from an ITSM standpoint. A few solutions were considered, however, EC checked all of the boxes in what we were looking for:1) SaaS solution that would allow us to manage our endpoints from a single pane of glass2) Centralized tool to automate patch management and gain an idea of which endpoints are missing patches3) Ability to automate software installs and image endpoint OS4) Mansge all assets - hardware and software - with ease and gain an understanding of budget spend and forecasts

Pros:

Patch Management, Asset Management and Tracking and the ability to automate software deployment are the best winning features for us.EC is very user friendly so the learning curve for my team of 5 was a smooth gradient.Working with support and our Customer Sucess Manager also provided us with a lot of great knowledge and training on how the solution would integrate with our current business processes. The integration went super smooth in terms of rolling out the EC agents and transitioning from our old tool.

Cons:

I think the overall experience so far has been great, however, if I had to say one negative thing, would be the initial glitches encountered when we tried to remotely connect to our endpoints.First impression might be a bit intimidating when seeing all of the different options, however, when you begin drilling into each feature it becomes super intuitive.

Nicholas
Technology Administrator in US
Consumer Goods, 51–200 Employees

Seems like a good fit so far

Comments: Its been great so far as we are trying to find a way to keep our remote teams secure and supported without being overbearing.

Pros:

The plethora of capabilities that are included with the cost. For the most part, it does everything well and is easy to understand.

Cons:

One major ability we would like to consolidate is Remote Control/Access. This tool has it, and its a B+ level tool. It seems to struggle with slower internet connections (some remote workers have a slower speed), and its ability to show what computers are actually live/sleep/shutdown is not as good as Teamviewer (it takes 30seconds to a minute for it to update in the control center, while Teamviewer was instant).

Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Nothing Comes Close To Zoho Corp and Desktop Central Price Per Value and Feature Wise

Pros:

Nothing comes close to Manage Central when price per value is obvserved with the only issues being that it is a lot of information all at once, and that it has many configuration abilities and options. I have used this solution for a couple months now, but my experience with Zoho SaaS has been spectacular with 0% downtime on my original site I launched as a side project being 0 in 386 days! Would recommend this to anyone looking for a serious solution, and even to hobbyists and home lab users just looking to try something out!

Cons:

Software is extremely customizable and granular, but has a sharper learning curve than a click and deploy solution. However the extra configurability is crucial in fields that require compliance, governance and hard coded security with a clear and present chain of command.

Scott
Director of IT Services in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Please deliver

Comments: We loved all of the features, but they do not seem to live up to the description.

Pros:

OS Imaging is great when it works. The drivers are usually found and installed on the target properly. Inventory scanning is great, but seems to be intermittent. One day it will instantly find and scan newly images computers, and the next it will hang on the scanning

Cons:

The ManageEngine suite of applications promises to be the best deployment, management and inventory control products, but they do not consistently deliver on the promise. ServiceDeskPlus and DescktopCentral do not talk to each other as seamlessly as they should when handing off asset information.

Morton
IT Manager- Service Delivery in Zambia
Banking, 501–1,000 Employees

One of the best ITSM Tool

Comments: It has made our endpoint management and deployment easy as we have automated most of the task using this product.

Pros:

The remote control functionality to provide remote help. Threat and patch management.

Cons:

One feature i would love to have is ability to use software metering for web-based applications. this feature is currently not available in the software metering module.

Julius
IT Endpoint Ops Manager in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Endpoint Central is an Affordable, Feature Rich & Top Tier Endpoint Management/Remote Management & Monitoring Solution

Pros:

Endpoint Central comes to the table with an incredible amount of features that are well suited for all organizations of virtually any size. From inventorying installed software, system hardware, software metering to deploying scripts and applications - you name it and it can do it. We use this to manage about 9k endpoints and it has more than earned its keep multiple times in the past year. Their Customer Service is incredible: Every time I reach out, someone responds quickly, they understand the request and I am able to get an answer quickly, every time. From a cost perspective the pricing is very reasonable considering how much value we're able to extract from the product.

Cons:

While ManageEngine Endpoint Central scores well in many areas, there are a few areas of opportunities that would help to satisfy some things that are particularly important for our organization. Firstly, I'd like to see some integration with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD or AAD), specifically the ability to create user and device groups based on existing AAD groups. The remote control feature includes the ability to copy files to/from the machine - which is a key feature in a remote world - however it's only accessible when you are remotely controlling a machine. Having a separate file transfer feature that does not require remote control would be incredible. Lastly, there is a remote Command prompt/PowerShell prompt option that is frankly invaluable. It works without issue meaning we can do what we need to do, but there are some odd visual artifacts that appear every so often that, although don't affect functionality, they are distracting.

Senior Manager of Infrastructure and Compliance in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

A Product that actually does what you paid for, and then does even more!

Comments: I have used this program now between three different companies that I have worked in, two of which I made the recommendation that it be purchased. I am impressed with the product, but also with the development and support team. Its not uncommon for me to send them a question and have an answer back in less then 24 hours. They also have a wonderful ability to take feedback and then have it show up in the product in very little time.

Pros:

The product does an amazing job performing the update of server and desktop operating systems and software. What is surprising is all the additional things it does, and the features that they keep adding into the product. Examples over the years includes adding in things like mobile device management, review of each box for vulnerabilities, showing issue and problems with the boxes that are both correctable and not correctable by the patching functions.

Cons:

Upon some tasks they will show failure or a pending action, however they do not then update those status in the queue. I think this is done from a compliance standpoint, but there should be a function added to specifically address a job that’s been run, been incomplete and then a pending follow-up action.

rama
Senior UEM architect in India
Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Smashing one stop solution End point management, R.M.M and patching tool

Pros:

Manage engine UEM has assisted us immensely with patch management, which has eliminated manual patching of our servers via Windows(W.S.U.S). To schedule an ad-hoc session, all that is needed is an remote session offered via the inhouse RMM tool, almost eliminating end user interaction. We have also gotten on top of our application management via this tool, that assists end users to update their applications with minimal or no input from them, thereby reducing human interaction and errors. The support when we have faced technical issues has also been top-notch and highly interactive.

Cons:

Slow support, compared to other vendor like Microsoft of VMware. Licensing fees can be bit less for a small SMB, they could go with a tiered pricing

Government Administration

Not intuitive, Sometimes makes management easier

Comments: Easily remote into client computers. Inventory of software and hardware is super simple.

Pros:

Cost, it is very inexpensive in this software category but you get what you paid for is true for DesktopCentral. Support is easy to get a hold of. Remoting into a clients PC to diagnose issues is dead simple.

Cons:

The lack of feature updates and the constant releasing of additional software which you need to pay for makes management of a large network difficult due to the intention software fragmentation of features. If they were to combine and add more value to the base product rather than looking to squeeze every penny out of each new feature, this product would be a great product. Many times when you are analyzing why a patch isn't being deployed, it is due to other reasons when contacting support and they rarely help with a solution to solve 150 computers refusing a patch. Usually the answer is to just disable DesktopCentral client to run Windows update traditionally due to the inconsistency of the ManageEngine client.

ManageEngine Response

5 years ago

Hello, Greetings from ManageEngine! We're glad you like the multifariousness of Desktop Central - our inventory management and remote access capabilities. We're sorry about the unpleasant experience. As for the patch management functionality and the product features, we've evolved to provide top-notch and hassle-free features. If you require further assistance with the product features, do write to us at [email protected]. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to write to us at [email protected].

Anuj
Deputy manager in India
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

ManageEngine Endpoint Central

Comments: my experience with "Endpoint Central" was exceptionally positive. It not only simplified the management and security of our endpoints but also gave us the confidence that our organization was well-protected against cyber threats. Its user-friendly design, flexibility, and strong customer support made it a valuable asset in our IT infrastructure. I would highly recommend Endpoint Central to any organization looking to enhance their endpoint management and security capabilities.

Pros:

The security features of Endpoint Central were equally impressive. It offered advanced threat detection and response capabilities, helping us proactively identify and mitigate potential security risks. The real-time alerts and reports were instrumental in staying ahead of emerging threats, ensuring our data remained protected.

Cons:

This is a very complete, versatile and flexible tool. there is nothing I dislike about it.

Matt
EUS Lead in UK
Publishing, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Endpoint Central is great, makes managing a large estate easy

Comments: Very positive experience. I came from an SCCM and Intune background and was initially dubious over using Endpoint Central, but some of the easy to use functionality is a good bonus over the others

Pros:

I like the 3rd part app patching. Really useful feature that makes our security team happy, so saves me a lot of time

Cons:

I would like a few more options for dynamic groups, such as being able to create groups based on device models. Also more self remediation options, such as when endpoints don't patch, show more ways to resolve the issues. Sometimes hard to know what to do to try and resolve issues

Greg
Infrastructure Manager in UK
Financial Services Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great RMM tool!

Comments: Good product, always releasing new things, but could be improved upon.The on prem version if far better than the cloud version. We have had both.

Pros:

Easy to use.Great support.The use of this tool, integrated into our company has reduced IT overhead of end user devices and servers massively.

Cons:

The patch can sometimes be quite slow to deploy, if you have a small patch window of say 2 hours, they aren't going to get finished in time, not even close.Patch window needs to be 4 hours at least for dozens of servers to be completed.