LogMeIn Central Reviews

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.2 /5

About LogMeIn Central

Simplified endpoint management for desktops, servers, and mobile laptops.

Learn more about LogMeIn Central

Doug S.
VP of Operations
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2021

"LogMeIn works but it does not provide the same features as other products"

Comments: Overall we had a good experience with Logmein. We used it for about 10 years with great success but as the customers needs changed, we had to find a product that was more flexible.

Pros: I liked that you could use the web and use an APP for connecting to computers. I liked that I coudl use my cell phone app to connect when away from my PC. It was intuitive and easy to use

Cons: This software was more expensive than other similar products. Only payment option was for 1 year where other products have monthly payment options. The software did not offer the same options like multiple screens that other software provides. That is a pretty big item to miss today when most clients use multiple screens and they are not familiar with dragging things between 1 screen.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2021
IT Manager
Entertainment, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2019

"Great program but way to expensive"

Comments: We started with LogMeIn when it was a free service and purchased a volume license since we had about 70 computers to use LogMeIn for tech support. However as we grew to over 120 computers the annual license fee grew much faster to were it no longer was worth the cost.

Pros: The program is very easy to setup and use.

Cons: The expense of the license fee drove us away and to find comparable software for less than 1/20 the cost.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2019
Michael B.
Windows Administrator
Mental Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"LogMeIn is the best, but not inexpensive"

Comments: Great product, great flexibility.

Pros: Ability to quickly support customers and a "back door" for troubleshooting and reconfiguring.

Cons: Priced per end computer. Prefer priced per technician, but respect their decision.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2020
Bryan R.
COO
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2020

"Functional Network Operations Tool"

Comments: It has been a seamless tool allowing for reduced cost and less on sight management of problems.

Pros: We've used home grown platforms and moved to a centralized platform. It has ease of deployment on multiple network systems and hardware variants. It allowed us to individualize our needs for our business but still have central familiar operations for technicians.

Cons: You require a fair amount of technology prowess to implement this. It is centrally managed and needs oversight to open connectivity to remote resource management.

• Reviewed on 22/09/2020
Muhammad S.
IT Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"LogMeIn overall functionality"

Comments: It works with very basic internet connection too while other application fails.
If session is breaking, you can tweak by minimizing the scree resolution, and disabling desktop backgroud.

Pros: Centralized Computer Management.
Its a SAAS applicaiton
Different login options ,
taking control of keyboard and mouse along with Alt, Ctrl, and delete
Blanking screen to hide your activity on terminal.
Adjusting screen resolution and blank and white option make it fast to remote and perform activity on computer

Cons: You can't disable the already remote session even with high privileges user so if two user are trying to get connected the last one will get access and you can't see who was already connected.
You have to give admin rights to user if you want him to add more user into his team you can't do it with power user type thing.
Support is terrible. If you send an invite to user the step by step process takes him to create his personal profile instead of group where you wan't to add him, so you have to tell user how exactly he can create one under group. You can't disable personal profile if created

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Rhett A.
Network Administrator
Medical Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2018

"Seamless remote access to all workstations eliminating otherwise time consuming visits in person for simple support tasks."

Comments: I have used many remote software applications and LogMeIn is hands down the most useful and versatile player in the market. There is nothing I have found the program incapable of accomplishing and I am constantly learning new features that save me time and my clients money. It would take hours to relay all of the benefits of LogMeIn for the real world IT professional.

Pros: Instant access to multiple networks through one account interface. Easy setup and deployment of software packages and scripts for multiple scheduled maintenance tasks. File transfers are simply drag and drop convenient. With a wide range of collected data at disposal, workstation health is displayed for all aspects of computer function. There is an option to remotely power on and off computers and manage services without the need to remotely take over the computer.

Cons: The only change I would like to see is to eliminate the disconnect that happens momentarily while updating the LogMeIn client software. (It automatically reconnects without intervention.)

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2018
Chris J.
IT Admin
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"I have used LogMeIn since 2011 and my work would be nearly impossible without it."

Comments: It is consistently stable and manageable for my company. I can literally triple my support of other clients with this software.

Pros: LogMeIn is a super stable remote access to other computers that I have rarely had issues with in supporting my clients. I am able to access any of the 50 computers I work with instantly, an many at the same time from either the web portal or desktop application. LogMeIn also includes several IT functions that allow sharing of files & remote rebooting of the client computers.

Cons: The cost is higher than some competing remote access software, so unless you have a lot of remote computers you work with you could probably find a cheaper solution. They also don't have as many extra IT functions with my plan that I can find with a few free offerings out there, such as auto-reconnect once the remote system has rebooted, or a remote Windows Task Manager.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Paul R.
Lead IT Tech
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Our use with LMI/Central"

Comments: We have around 480 client desktops on LMI. Some servers, most desktops. We do like their are a local business (we are in the Boston area) and that they are easy to reach. It has allowed us to do a lot more remote support than making physical trips. Travel time and sending a tech can be expensive.

Pros: We use mostly the free edition of license for our customers within Central, we use other RMMs to obtain Pro if need be (remote printing, file sharing, etc...) It is easy to give remote access to employees of our customers Adding remote users is simple and easy I don't have to keep track of passwords, if a customer forgets theirs, they simply perform the forgot my password routine The interface is simple and there is not much to learn

Cons: Somewhat limited with free licenses (remote printing, file sharing) That's about the only issues I have with it.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2018
Steve M.

"Logmein Central Review"

Comments: How us to support computer and users easily. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and I would recommend the service to colleagues

Pros: It give me the flexibility to access computers for support and other productivity purposes on an as needed basis. No need for the end user to go to a website and allow access. It also organizes the computers by group as well as setup additional users with selected access, as needed. Easy to use user interface and manageable from anywhere on the internet

Cons: We feel the cost is higher then is should be. also the Captcha security, while good to have, can be an obstacle at times

Shawn B.
IT Manager
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2019

"LogMeIn Central"

Comments: Overall the product works well. We used it as our defacto remote support tool to support our remote end users. Costs just got out of hand and I had to eventually abandon LogMeIn Central for another company that worked just as well for 1/3 of the cost.

Pros: Easy to use, centralized management, ease of deployment, easy to create groups, users, and admins. Uptime was never an issue.

Cons: Cost. They did nothing but increase...I wish I could say better things about this company but their costs were too rich for our company so we moved to another remote support alternative for our company.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2019
Michael W.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2018

"Extend your reach"

Comments: I have been using LogMeIn since they have been in business. I write data management software for small businesses. LogMeIn allows me to support many times the number clients that I could possibly do without it.

Pros: LogMeIn allows me to singlehandedly support almost 100 computers. Unless there is a poor connection, there is no noticeable lag time. Lot's of tools and file transfer are handy too.

Cons: As a product it is pretty much perfect, at least for my needs. I can't think of anything that I would like to see change except that I would like to see the price come down a bit.

• Reviewed on 05/10/2018
Dan K.
Director of IT and HR
Retail, 51-200 Employees

"Logmein Central Savings"

Comments: I can troubleshoot issues without leaving my office, which we have 20 locations throughout
Missouri. I can also install updates remotely. These are the 2 most important things that has saved our company tons of time and money. Also, I have used it for training personnel on the remote computer.

Pros: I can install it on our remote computers throughout Missouri and troubleshoot issues or install updates without having to travel.

Cons: I would like to see file transfer capabilities on the level I have purchased

Medical Assistant
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2018

"Highly recommend"

Comments: I and my users are able to have remote access to our servers and workstations when and where we need them.

Pros: I like having remote access to all of my system's machine right in one place and can manage all of my users and set access controls as needed.

Cons: Only issues I have had is sometimes if you log in at an unfamiliar location it was do the prove your are not a robot thing with captcha and it doesn't always work well with the images.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Ethan S.

"LogMeIn Central"

Comments: We use it to service clients at our business, and it's been well worth the money.

Pros: Ease of use and deployment options. Stellar security history and proactive approach.

Cons: Some limitations in features only available in MUCH higher prices (pro vs. central and the gap in price) as well as some bugs that occur here and there. Definitely not enough negatives to make me use another software.

Tim B.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"Helps us manage our infrastructure at a good price"

Pros: We use the user management, antivirus management, system health monitoring and computer grouping according to location, access and permission frequently to keep on eye on everything and compared to the other software we looked at this has been a great buy for us.

Cons: The only major issue that I have with this product isn't even with the product, it is with the customer support that assists whenever an issue comes up. Being escalated to different tiers of support until you are able to get to the person who can actually help you.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Miranda K.
Director of Communications
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"Remote Automated IT Support Tool"

Comments: Overall, I have not been disappointed with LogMeIn. I have used it both as an admin accessing a remote terminal, and as an end-user receiving service and support. There is a reason LogMeIn is considered one of the most stable and reliable remote terminal products on the market.

Pros: When we were first launching, this was the tool we used how to manage remote desktops. It's saved our bacon a few times when we had to access remote terminal for major software and OS updates, security scans, etc.

Cons: For the price, we switch to a full-service IT provider that uses the same software but manages the processes themselves. This product is obviously priced more affordably for resellers who are using it to manage multiple clients and companies.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2019
PAC's Administrator/ IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2018

"Very helpful product when doing IT support."

Comments: Changed the way our department is run when doing IT support.

Pros: This software helps us to track all our organization pc's in one place. The dashboard allows you to see the health, updates and antivirus statuses of the organization.

Cons: Not inexpensive. When using this product in a large organization the cost can be quite high in order to track all of your assets.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2018
Lisa C.
Accounts Payable
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"Extremely Convenient!"

Comments: I absolutely love using Log Me In. There are days where I am not able to go into work and this software allows me to complete the work at my convenience.

Pros: The Log Me In software allows me to log in from any device and access my work computer at any time. All of your information is kept secure and and the log in process is user friendly. I also have two work monitors that I can easily transition from when logged in from any other device. The bonus is having access to all my documents without moving or sending them elsewhere.

Cons: I can't say enough great things about Log Me In, but the only complaint I have is there are a limit of users. One of my co-workers gave up their user privileges so another employee can gain access. We have so many employees that would like to use this program.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2019
Linda W.
Accountant
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2019

"LogmeIn"

Comments: Great until it became to expensive

Pros: Great software, easy to setup , and use. Helped several other co-workers implement it and it served everyone well.

Cons: It has become way to expensive as a small business owner

• Reviewed on 07/09/2019
Tasha R.
HR Generalist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"LogMeIn Central"

Comments: Being able to work from a remote location while being able to feel like I'm at the office or sitting at my desk is a big plus in my profession. With LogMeIn, I can honestly say that I am able to do that with ease.

Pros: What I like about LogMeIn is that I am able to log into my desktop at work and have access to all of the drives and networks as if I were sitting at my desk. I sometimes work from home and need to access certain documents that are not saved on my laptop and with LogMeIn I can access those files.

Cons: I use 2 screens at work and when I have to log into LogMeIn to do work, I'm able to see both screens but I am barely able to see the writing on the screens.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Todd N.
Market Manager
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2016

"Reduce your software support headaches!!"

Comments: This product and the join.me product have reduced the frustration of our users and the amount of time needed to help our clients! This is a MUST HAVE for us!

Pros: I can't imagine trying to support our clients over the phone without having this product available!

Cons: Occasionally some corporate IT teams will block it... which is not their fault!

• Reviewed on 03/10/2016
Tracy C.
VP Reimbursement
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Great program, easy access to my work computer"

Comments: I'm on-call after hours and need to assist our patients, having access to our healthcare software program via my desktop is extremely helpful.

Pros: Really easy to set-up and assign users, I can send my staff a link so they can connect their computers

Cons: Hard to use on my IPAD, really hard to use on my IPHONE

Julie F.
Paralegal
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees

"Awesome Product!"

Comments: Being able to work remotely using LogMein has been extremely helpful in meeting deadlines and assisting clients from anywhere and at anytime.

Pros: It is user friendly, fast and convenient.

Cons: The icons are not really easy to identify with the function they correspond with.

Samson L.
Senior IT Analyst
Financial Services Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2019

"LogMeIn Central - just a 25 license or more versoin of LogMeIn .. with AntiVirus"

Comments: overall, I don't think the extra cost is justified if you do not meet the 25 licenses minimum. Putting in the Antivirus software into it seems to be an interesting idea.

Pros: - Central version has all the Bells and Whistles like its Pro versoin.. with the addition of the AntiVirus program as well as the automation tools - Solid program as a remote takeaway tools. Especially useful for enterprise internal support (as it requires pre-installation on client machines)

Cons: - Central starts with 25 licenses and above. For small businesses, the extra tools and anti-virus software likely not worth the extra licenses if you don't need 25 licenses - Support was an issue since it moved offshore. The offshore staff does not have the technical knowledge to answer on the spot

• Reviewed on 17/11/2019
Kris H.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Have been using it, without fail, for around 8 years"

Comments: We need to access our retail stores POS systems from remote locations and Logmein has been our best option for providing that service.

Pros: The ability to access my stores remotely

Cons: The price going up and sometimes the "captcha" security pictures drive me nuts.