Clover Reviews

3.9 (406) Write a Review!

About Clover

An all-in-one point-of-sale & payments system, Clover integrates the functions of a cash register, card payment terminal, & POS system.

Learn more about Clover

Pros:

We loved using the Clover system for a recent event. It was very easy to use and navigation-friendly.

Cons:

They cost to much they lied about the monthly payment.

Clover ratings

4.1
3.4
3.9
3.6

6.9/10

Clover has an overall rating of 3.9 out 5 stars based on 406 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Clover before?

Madison
Madison
Emergency Medical Technician in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Use in my small businees

Comments: Clover has been an excellent option for taking payments in my stores.

Pros:

My coffee shop uses clover devices as our POS system. The software is convenient and easy to place in a store. It features many apps that make it applicable to nearly any market. They also have many accessories- the main one we use are the receipt printers (small and regular size), the handheld tablet, and the customer interface screen.

Cons:

Over time the clover tablets do slow down. We frequently reboot them to rev up the speed.

Michelle
Dir of Info Technology in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees

Simple to set up and configure. Simple to use. Flexible reporting options. Decent Support.

Comments: Clover simplified payment processing for us with easy to use devices and flexible reporting options.

Pros:

Our overall experience has been great. The Clover portal is simple to set up and devices are easy to configure. Clover devices are wireless and easy for staff to use, with good user level security and flexible reporting options. We have had no issues with the devices or the service since going live.

Cons:

If there is any WiFi interferance the devices can disconnect from the internet and prevent payment processing, this is not a Clover issue though.

Martinus Ignorence
Freelancer in Namibia
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Clover

5.0 last month New

Comments: Clover is great in the event that you will have steady business the entire year, wish to have stock control, and have a solid web association.Clover is ideal for restaurants, as well as any client-confronting organization (whether an eatery or other retail and so on) that has different workers because of its shift in the board. Clover is extraordinary when you are evaluating different limited-time offers and limits also, like cheerful hours at eateries. It is less suitable for an independent venture with not many workers, or sole ownership, which probably won't utilize every one of the additional elements Clover brings to the table.

Pros:

Clover coordinates in its activity a stock control system that is refreshed in every exchange, this permits the client to certainly stand out in the renewal of stocks, consequently assisting with staying away from the stock misfortunes and permitting to quickly work out continuously the benefit and revolution of the item.Because of the security and effectiveness given by Clover we can deal with our installment payment system in a quicker and more robotized way, by utilizing their electronic gadgets we have fundamentally worked on the speed of our conveyances and the lift it produces to the consideration of potential customers.pe capabilities with most perusers.

Cons:

The arrangement of the application could utilize some improvement.I feel like the application is somewhat aggravating to explore.Not outfitted towards bigger associations.Very few areas of customization.

Zac

Wolf in sheeps clothing

1.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Clover is a terrible company to work with. I chose them because of the hardware design. Had I known that there would be ZERo support and ZERO customer service I would not have chosen them. They answer the phone, but there is ZERO service or support. They do not help at all

Pros:

Semi easy to set up. Equipment has decent design

Cons:

Customer service SUCKS. It is non existent. Force you to print long tickets when all you need is an order number. Cannot delete info you dont want/need to print. Support ...well what support. Have been trying to get support for two months.

Jeremy
Manager in Canada
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees

Easy to implement and maintain - loaded with great features!

Comments: Quick customer service, and a excellent interface, clover make POS a great option.

Pros:

Easy to learn and use, with great ability to track inventory and customers.

Cons:

The clover monthly pricing nearly doubled in the span of a month, backing out cafe into a corner. I’m still frustrated to be paying for the same features with a $50/month increase.

Karen
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Clover is Cumbersome and You Need Third Party Paid Apps to do Basic Functionality

Comments: Want to have a seamless point of sale software and this was not it. The approval process was difficult and extensive just to find out they are out of stock of their hardware so I am charged the manual entry rate versus the keyed in rate even thought they are out of stock of Clover Go until and undetermined time.

Pros:

I like the Clover Gos swipe and cost per transaction option but it is out of stock for months. I like the dashboard.

Cons:

Wanted to import products from another system and tried to match the template provided by Clover to import and never got it in. Plus size of file is limited to 10MB which for the effort I could have keyed in the few items quickly to get to the file limit size. Customer support was painful to interact with and not helpful.

Owner in Canada
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

LIARS and Thieves....

Comments: Horrible.. they lied to us and are still charging me for a service I do not use. Splitting up with Clover is worst then a divoirce. They will lure you with the promise of cheap rates, give you convulted pricing with add on fees. And ghost you as you try to cancel the service. They steal about 32 dollars from use each month, and we have exhuasted options to cancel the services. I hope by leaving this review I save others from making the same mistake.

Pros:

Nothing that you could not get with square... reconcillation is a head ache.. and acess to data is poorly laid out.

Cons:

No Custmer Service, as it is outsourced to south east asia. We are still trying to cancelling our sevice even after 6 months. Constantly told they are working on it and will call us back, but you will never receive a call back. You just get ghosted. They low rates are deceiving since the tack on add on fees and the rates are varied depending on CC. They will quote you the cheapest rate for the low grade Credit Card to suck you in. We went back to Square, since they are upfront and transparent about all their fees.

brandy
Administrative supervisor in US
Medical Practice, 501-1,000 Employees

Clover is a great product

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Clover is easy to use and we have the device you can unplug it and walk to a consult room and it still works. You can use all cards and apple pay.

Cons:

At this time we have not had any issues with the clover.

Ehren

Clover Review :)

Comments: Love it, would highly recommend it for most small business. Better than others

Pros:

easy and fast to process, the barcode system is the best.

Cons:

no images, not a big deal, needs middle man to sync with Wix

Ashley
Medical Aesthetician in Canada
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Good product

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Clover is very user friendly, and nice and quick. It’s a very good processing system.

Cons:

No cons come to mind, overall it is a good system.

Katie
Executive Director in US
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees

Easy to Use and Competitive Rates

Comments: Overall, the product is simple enough to use that I am not worried about any of our contracted therapists messing up the process and avoiding taking payments.

Pros:

What I like most about Clover is that it can be downloaded on any smart device as app and has an easy to use card chip reader. Our agency wanted a chip reader for extra customer security and Clover offered that option.

Cons:

I like least about the software is that is does not capture customer information as simple as their first and last name, but simply has a text box for a description. Our agency uses the device for customer copays for therapy appointments and in the text box I am forced to put the customers last name in order to reconcile payments later.

Ziyad
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Don't judge a book by its cover! Looks great at first glance, wait until you use it

Comments: HORRIBLE, once I onboarded my merchant who sold the thing to me has not been able to do a single thing for me and always tells me to talk to Clover support. When you call clover support you spend a minimum of 30 minutes - 2 or 3 hours between getting bounced around, and people not being able to help. Once I called and they literally sent me back and forth between two departments twice that I had to yell at the last lady even though it wasn't her fault.

Pros:

The hardware is nice and integration with Homebase (our scheduling software). The question was about software and I mentioned the hardware because honestly its probably the only good thing -ok they have good integrations in their marketplace as well, there are a lot -its fast

Cons:

-NO ABILITY TO GENERATE A SHIFT REPORT FOR AN EMPLOYEE THAT SHOWS HOW MUCH CASH THEY COLLECTED MINUS PAYOUTS... I can't believe it -Terrible customer service!! -When you receive your payments, it comes minus the days fees and their merchant statements don't match the deposits. You will never be able to reconcile, they are probably stealing. -REPORTING IS SO BAD! It looks good at first glance, once you start trying to go into detail, or if you want to look at your quarterly sales you end up having to download an excel and manipulate the data yourself -NO ABILITY TO DO TAX-INCLUSIVE sales. I can't believe they have a presence in Europe... I live in the US and I hate dealing with coins, I don't want to sell items with tax-exclusive, I like to have flat dollar amounts. You can't with them -theres much more but I'm not gonna sit here all day, this should be enough to deter you

Graham
Owner in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Not for Retailers

Comments: The problems come with the back office.
The inventory system is basic to say the least, items sold at the till do decrease the totals, but all purchase quatities have to be done manually, you cannot set min and max stock levels, or re-order levels with the bundled system, so re-orders have to have a physical stock check, I am still trying to work out how this saves me time and money.
Clover relies heavily on thrid party APPs, which they absolve themselves of all responsibility in their T's & C's. These Apps are expensive
(The Shopventory APP is £40 Pm +VAT)
The E-Commerce integration does not work.
The Magento integration is for Magento 1m which was made obsolete in June 2018, and is no longer supported.
The Shopify integration does not work either, and for me failed at the first hurdle, (I have now been waiting 14 days for a fix).
I purchased a barcode reader they recommended, not even their support staff could get it to work, I was promised a fix, five months ago.
In my opinon this system out of the box is not for retail, unless you want to see your profits dwindle through the purchase of expensive APP's.
The actual helpdesk staff are very helpful, but they can only do so much.
The actual management are a nightmare to deal with.
I first presented some of these issues within 30 days and was promised a fix, five months later I am being told that even though I registered those issues it will cost me over £1500 to get out of a 48 month contract.

Pros:

The till itself is fantastic, it looks ultra sleek and ultra modern, customers love it. And that is about it

Cons:

It was sold to me as a solution to me retail needs it certainly is not

Rachel
Manager in US

Too Simple without the Addition of Add-Ons

Comments: In our experience, clover has been nothing more than a fancy credit card reader. Our entire company runs through a third party app that manages clover from the other side. The only use clover has become to us is, to accept payment and we are currently looking into changing to a system that better suits our needs.

Pros:

The aesthetic of the hardware fits on par with what is trending. The ability to utilize the barcode scanner is also nice.

Cons:

In order to run our business effectively we had to download so many third party apps to do what we had been doing for 30 years on an outdated system. It felt like a slap in the face as it was a turning point for us to upgrade all the systems only to find it was nearly useless for what we needed it to continue doing for us.

NICHOLE
Office Manager in US
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees

Easy to use and a lot of features

Comments: My overall experience has been good with Clover. They do have a lot of features we love like invoicing clients directly to their email (it does not track your invoices but it has a pay now button where your client can free type their own information and their payment info is directly emailed to the main user). I also like the modern look of the equipment. I wish the banks and clover had a more direct with each other relationship instead of putting me in the middle.

Pros:

I like the ease of using Clover. Our office has a clover mini that we pass back and forth to the client and we use the virtual terminal for clients who wish to pay over the phone for their telehealth services. Clover also has an invoicing feature that has helped us greatly during this pandemic.

Cons:

The machines are costly and because we are on a contract changing your system as your business changes are not easily done. I am not sure if part of this is my bank but I am currently paying for a clover mini I am unable to transfer or switch. The communication between the bank and clover seems to be convoluted. I would make sure you choose a system that has the opportunity to change before 2 years.

Dayna
Accounts Receiveable in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Two thumbs up for Clover

Comments: I have very much enjoyed learning to use the Clover products. I would recommend these products for anyone.

Pros:

Clover payment processing software is very easy to use. Our school takes payments daily with the desktop CloverMini, the easily portable CloverFlex and CloverGo. It is very easy to print out a combined report with the total that will be deposited, yet showing who ran the individual payments. You can also add notes to your transactions and email right from every machine. Super helpful!

Cons:

Setting permissions for each person that uses the machines has been a challenge. There doesn't seem to be a manual for the set up, however, our CC service team is amazing and very knowledgeable. The only other thing that bothers me is that you can not void a transaction. Even if you void a transaction immediately, it still goes through and then refunds a day later.

Tim
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Not Fit to Handle Hospitality Industry

Comments: Pros: inexpensive, intuitive, malleable
Cons: wrong fit for hospitality, horrible support, horrible crisis management

Pros:

Easy to set up, easy to train, while it has many lacking elements that would be essential to any other hospitality POS there are easy work arounds. Handheld devices are good.

Cons:

The entire support and technical team is unfit to handle the hospitality industry. They are completely unaware and seemingly unconcerned about the issues that your staff on the floor must tackle with their system. It's painfully obvious a roomful of engineers comes up with forced changes that adversely effect their entire client base without an ounce of understanding the impact of the changes they make. I and others I know that use clover have said many times, if any of them had worked on the floor for 5 minutes they would understand.

MOHAMAD

Bad online presence

Comments: Not great impression, especially given we were pushed to buy the hardware.

Pros:

How does a POS during COVID TIMES, not include photos on the online menu? Clover takes the register’s inventory list that is made for in-house ease of ordering and makes a million item list as a “online menu”. Customers are expected to read through the menu like a newspaper. How is this a good marketing strategy? Seams like an ABC rule for any POS company to perfect, if not in normal times, it should be a priority to fix immediately.

Cons:

Rep sold the system as competitive to Square. We bought it only because the rep promised to build an online website for ordering, like square does for free. We didn’t know we will be getting a newspaper list filled with items that are priced “ FREE” because the price depended on the size of the drink, “ a modifier” . Hiring a person to give this some thought at clover would be a plus.

Daria
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

It’s my favorite little machine

Comments: I used to have the station one and the battery on it died so quickly and even if it had 75% it would shut down and take 2 hours to restart. Clover = losing sales for me.
Then I got the flex one and it’s amazing. So tiny and powerful. Beautiful easy experience.

Pros:

I love and and so as my customers. It’s fun and functional. It accepts Apple Pay, and tells you the reason why cards decline, it give you options to view past sales, transactions, reports, refunds, etc.

Cons:

The option that I would add is a search for a last 4 digits. Sometimes I have to look up a customer and have to scroll and scroll and scroll to find him. Another issue is with their station models as they need maintenance - your battery will drain and you will lose internet connection.

Amanda
Office Manager in US
Veterinary Software, 11-50 Employees

Nice System

Comments: Love that this machine can give clients peace of mind, as they can process their own payments- from inserting their card and entering their pin numbers, to choosing how they would like to receive their receipts. Also love that it is easy to train new staff members on how to process payments and do end of the day reporting. Overall great experience!

Pros:

Easy to use/learn. Very easy to read- apps , wording and numbers are a great size even for older clients who are using the machine. Reporting at the end of the day is simple to retrieve and review. Customer service is great!

Cons:

Check processing can be a little tricky with having to hold the checks over the top of the machine to take the picture, but otherwise it is great.

Operations Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Great POS

Comments: I like being able to use it on the phone or POS. Customer service is great. They provide training and stay in communication

Pros:

Customer service and training was great. POS system is easy to use

Cons:

Merchant processing fees but very comparable/competitive to similar products

Denise
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

Easy to setup for our juice bar

Comments: Satisfied. Its hard to change when we get so many calls from other vendors.

Pros:

Clover is really easy to use and once its setup, its easy to maintain. Working in a restaurant, we need a system that we can train employees quickly.

Cons:

Most software companies do not understand the importance of data setup and system configuration. We need a better way to report on our menu items. If the onboarding team gave us better guidance then we would have experienced less issues with reporting on our data.

Jeanne
Manager in US
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

I love love love Clover! Makes my day to day transactions so easy!

Comments: Overall I love Clover, their payment processing rates are so low compared to other POS systems. I also love that their customer service help me solve my problems fast and I don't have to wait on the line!

Pros:

I like that Clover offers to take payment online from my customers and that they allow me to send invoices to my customers so they can pay online without storing their card information.

Cons:

I don't like that I can't track my invoices sent and send reminders to my customers based on the same invoice; I have to send a completely new invoice if they lose it. I also don't like that I can only send invoices via mail; it would help if I could send invoices via text too.

Kaytlin
Payment Specialist in US
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees

A modern processor .

Pros:

The interface has a futuresque feel to it . You have the option to input the information directly on the cloud and this is both more convenient and more efficient. Changes sync up instantly and people , thousands of miles from each other , can work on the same data in real time .

Cons:

Singled out transactions come with a lot of additional data ,that for us personally is not necessary. This makes Clover not that printer-friendly when it comes to our specific niche . Refunding takes more effort than ideal .

Anang
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees

Good for basic needs

Comments: It met our needs when we opened our business but quickly realized that trying to enhance the basic solution with kds, online delivery and ordering would be up to me to figure out.

Pros:

Very easy to install and set up and creating the menu was simple but simple comes with basic functionality

Cons:

Terrible customer support and hard to find anyone willing to help integrate ecosystem partners with our basic clover pos