• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.8 /5
    4.7 /5

About Hunter

Cloud-based email search solution that helps businesses find emails on company websites, verify domains, compose follow-ups, and more.

Learn more about Hunter

Eric W.
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2021

"Amazing Email Campaign & Leads Management Tool"

Comments: Amazing experience with Hunter would like to see integrations with more tools.

Pros: I love the UI-UX and Leads Management feature & EMail campaigns Follow-ups with the EMail verifier tool that confirms the credibility

Cons: Would love to see LinkedIn email finder features again with save lead option directly in the CRM or add Linkedin Campaigns to send messages to LinkedIn connections.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2021
Matt H.
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2020

"Hunter + Campaigns - powerful and unique"

Comments: So far my experience is very positive and we can manage our leads fully within Hunter. Although whilst in its current state, our cold marketing workflow requires a few workarounds, with a few improvements, Hunter will massively increase our efficiency compared to working with spreadsheets and CSVs.

Pros: The quality of the bulk domain email search results
The Leads and Campaigns features make it a one stop shop for cold marketing campaigns
Custom fields for Leads and Attributes (with caveats, see what I like least)

Cons: Lead filtering could be further developed to make it quicker and simpler to discard unwanted email addresses, for example, anything containing the term, "[email protected]" Custom fields (columns) cannot be used as a Leads filter, making them somewhat pointless. The inability to bulk edit Leads is frustrating because editing a field one by one on a bulk domain search is not really an option for 1000s of leads.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2020
Mario C.
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"Amazing service and value!"

Comments: Overall we've grown our database, generated leads and new revenue. It's paid for itself many times over. I highlight recommend for small business owners.

Pros: Ease of use, clean UI/ UX, value and quality of leads helps you get the most ROI.

Cons: Since you're not able to generate leads from all websites perhaps offering an alternative option would help. The Email Verifier works ok.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020
SDR
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2020

"Best tool for finding emails"

Comments: Great, I used Hunter for lead generation. It is the most reliable tool for guessing email pattern of the company. It can find publicly available sources where an email address of a particular person/company was mentioned/published. So the more email addresses of the company where found on publicly available sources, the more you are confident that an email pattern suggested by Hunter.io is correct.

Pros: Hunter is one of the best tools to use for lead generation. If you don't know the email of the person that you want to contact always check Hunter first. It is the most reliable source for guessing patterns of emails. You just need to write domain name of the company and Hunter will find email pattern of the company.

Cons: Sometimes Hunter.io cannot find email patterns of a particular domain but it happens in very rare cases. So it has some limitations but no one is perfect.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2020
Cathy P.
Owner/consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2021

"I just recommended Hunter.io to a peer marketer"

Comments: I have had the best experience 10 out of 10. I will use it for a long time to come.

Pros: It is so easy to use and there are quite a few free credits per month that I only purchase more when needed

Cons: I can't think of anything at all. I really like this app and have been using for over 3 years, maybe even 4

• Reviewed on 22/01/2021
Senior Account Executive
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2021

"Great little tool for lead gen !"

Comments: I think it's a great little app that helps BDR's and reps get the right contact of a person so I'd highly recommend it!

Pros: This is a really neat tool / extension that helps you find emails on pages and websites. it's actually really simple to use and if you're doing sales or focusing on lead gen this is really helpful.

Cons: because that the tool isn't 100% accurate rather relies on some email structure or of information found publicly not every email find is a 100% hit so just be aware of it. (that you can have some emails that will bounce)

• Reviewed on 06/02/2021
Nour A.
Digital learning consultant
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2020

"Ease of use"

Comments: As a daily user for hunter what i MOST like about is the customer support and the kind reply from hunter team that i appreciate a lot.

Pros: Hunter is easy to use and i could find most of the emails i was looking for

Cons: Till now i could not find any problem with hunter

• Reviewed on 26/10/2020
Aravind N.
Advanced Researcher
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2018

"Hunter a multipurpose recruiter friendly tool"

Comments: It is used for generating and validating emails for recruiters

Pros: Hunter is one of the earliest tools available online for generating business emails. Hunter now has many features, other than generating business emails, it validates the emails not only single email it has bulk email validation option also. It has free version for users with credits per month. Hunter also has CRM integration option for users to add and email candidates with tracking option. Hunter has also paid subscription options for users with low cost affordable plans. The domain search option can be used to search emails that are found online and are verified. Overall it is a good tool for recruiters.

Cons: Hunter is one of the best tools that is used to get business emails for most of the companies but it has its limitations also. It finds emails for big companies and medium companies but for smaller companies it is very rare to generate emails. The email validation sometimes shows bad emails for good working email also, so it has to be improved. In some cases it is not able to validate certain domains so that category has to be improved. Hunter deducts credits for generating emails but it also deducts credits for validating the emails which it generated. It doesn't work with LinkedIn. With all small improvements this tool can be a best tool online for recruiters and sales people.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2018
Eugene S.
Sales Director
Translation & Localization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2019

"Product under constant improvement and the best support"

Comments: It literally turned my productivity to “before” and “after”. A tool, impossible to think my day without. An absolute must for anyone targeting individuals directly in big quantities. In 3 years I’m using it I’ve found emails you can’t imagine.

Pros: This is the most clever tool to scrape emails even from the hidden places of the webpage, packed into a very intuitive design (really impressive) and the best support I’ve experienced so far (hello, Giovanni!)

Cons: As it scrapes the emails, it doesn’t automatically verify them. I had times when I got out an email through Hunter, which bounced back, which is not good, as it lowers my e-mail server rating

• Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Brittany W.
Business Development Executive
Plastics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2019

"Must have Sales extension"

Comments: Totally a must have for my team and I. No more spamming, reach the contact you want directly.

Pros: In sales and marketing, I’m always looking for a good way to speak to POC. This is a great way to test emails for valid address, create marketing list for newsletters to separate groups and multiple people in the same organization. I use this tool daily to verify and export lists to other emailing software for marketing purposes.

Cons: Totally bummed that this no longer integrates with sales navigator on linked in. That was the most amazing tool when networking on that platform.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Neal W.
BDR
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2019

"Great for lead generation"

Comments: Overall it's fantastic. Even though some tweaks could be made it's still an essential tool for me.

Pros: The bulk tools available for matching a lot of emails at once.

Cons: I don't like that the bulk tools only include emails already in the database. It would be nice if there was an option to do live searches in bulk the same as if it was being done one-by-one. It would also be nice to be able to combine bulk searches with bulk verification so that I can complete it all in one step. I spoke with support about this and they explained it would increase the task time significantly. I can understand that but when I'm doing that much lead generation I'm happy to wait a little longer for better data.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2019
Christine T.
Data entry
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2018

"Really helpful, excellent software."

Pros: Easy to use , up to date, excellent customer support, really useful. Trustworthy. Email addresses that were not easy to find as part of my job as a data entry freelancer, can be easily found using Hunter. It is one of the most trustworthy softwares as well as very easy to use.

Cons: I cannot find anything I don't like. I think that indeed it is reliable, which is the most important part of my work when researching contact infi.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2018
Magdalena B.
Data Entry, Lead Generation Expert
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2018

"Hunter as the most helpful tool in existence.."

Comments: I work as a freelance Data Analyst, and my client says lead generation is one of my strongest skills. I think it's because I use Hunter..I owe them big time!

Pros: I like that it gives me insight on my lead generation job. The email search feature is my most favorite one. It's easy to use, it saves me a lot of time and it gives me the necessary result that I wanted in no time.

Cons: I don't have anything bad to say about this software.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2018
Business Development Representative at Pilot Fiber
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2018

"Awesome for finding emails"

Comments: Not a perfect product but you get SO MUCH for the free version that it was worth using. I would definitely teach it to your sales team so they have one more tool in their back pocket to find emails.

Pros: It really helped find contacts' information quickly. While not as detailed or precise as Zoominfo, it certainly was helpful particularly since Hunter was free and Zoominfo was not. Overall, for what we used it for (to find emails and contact information), it was pretty awesome.

Cons: When importing contacts from Hunter, they would move into leads instead of contacts. This posed problems for our account managers who would have to convert each lead. It also was problematic for our inbound sales team that worked primarily to qualify all leads before making them into accounts. We fixed this problem by not allowing account executives to import. They had to manually enter the data.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2018
Andrius M.
Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2018

"Great experience, using it a lot. It truly is a helpful tool."

Pros: *One of the most accurate email finders I've tried. Great level of accuracy.
*Comfortable and easy to use.

Cons: * Verifier could be done instantly or have an additional button right in the 'Finder' section.
* Need for an additional solution, when the email server accepts all the email addresses.
* It would be also great to adjust to Dutch and Spanish names. Sometimes need to play manually with different variations, because the contact people usually have more than two names.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2018
Rob C.
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2018

"Absolutely exellent product and service, i'm not easily pleased but Hunter.io is really very good."

Comments: I can easily find all email addresses used by any organisation or company.
This saves me a HUGE amount of time because I don't have to search for them 1 by 1.
It even shows me which of the addresses are currently in use, and also where they were found.
BEST product in this category I have ever used, very pleased with it and recommend it to anyone.

Pros: Very good results do exactly what is said. they allow extended testing for free and deliver all they promise.
I have not yet seen any service like this, and support the concept, and also the way they make it very easy to use.

• Reviewed on 23/03/2018
David S.
Market Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Very Useful Tool for Hunters"

Comments: Hunter makes populating a target list fast and easy. It is also useful when trying to reach a specific individual when you do not know their email address.

Pros: Easy to use way to find contacts at companies you are targeting for prospecting. Even when a specific contact is not available, Hunter provides a "best guess" syntax. Chrome browser extension is very useful!

Cons: Not as many existing contacts as I would have expected and does not seem to work with companies based outside the US.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Kiran P.
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2019

"App To Easily Find The Email Address Of Prospectus"

Pros: Through Hunter.io it is easy to find the email addresses of professionals and employees of any particular company or organization through entering its website URL.

Cons: Though it quickly finds the email addresses through website URL, all the emails might night be working or genuine.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2019
Paul F.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"Keep coming back"

Comments: My overall experience has been good. I would recommend the service to anyone but especially someone in a sales role.

Pros: What I like most about the service is that even if the exact email I am searching for is unavailable, It gives me the name pattern for most employees so I can normally figure it out and get to the person I am searching for.

Cons: As a nonprofit organization, we primarily are searching for potential sponsors of events we are hosting. I really wish there was a free options for small organizations like ours.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Co-Founder and CEO
Mental Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"Best prospecting tool"

Pros: I love that hunter lists every contact in a website just by a click of a button. It's really impressive how they have found those addresses and show you a link as in to where it was found. I also love the search feature based on email formats

Cons: I wish there was a bulk search feature, some sort lead building tool that allows users to set parameters and find people, especially now that it doesn't work with linkedin anymore.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Saleh D.
Development Manager
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2020

"It is realy helpfule for finding or confirming emails that you are not sure about."

Pros: It is very easy to use and find right job title and right person specially it coms up with link that you actually can check and be sure abut person you are getting in contact with.

Cons: it is almost giving 80% correct email address

• Reviewed on 11/06/2020
Senior Executive Recruiter
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2018

"awesomehunter"

Comments: Don't forget to get this if you are in the lead generation business. Really helpful in generating leads.ACCUracy is great

Pros: I love how easy it is to use. There are lots of data that will help you out in looking for contact information. You won't worry about running out of credits since it gives you a hundred every month

Cons: It would be better if it's integrated in Linkedin so we can just clicked on it, instead of it being on a separate tab/window

• Reviewed on 21/03/2018
Marketing Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2018

"more than just 'hunting for emails' software"

Pros: Under the hood, Hunter is a lot more than just a tool for looking up emails related to a domain. We can search by domain (including the ability to mass import domains for lookup), or we can search for a specific person by entering their name and domain associated, and Hunter will return an email address along with a confidence score so you have an idea of the quality of the email. The verifier tool is helpful as well, because sometimes we want to go at it backwards - verifying that an email we already have for a contact is legit. I could go on about what I love about Hunter, but basically we started on the free version and were pleasantly surprised with how many additional features Hunter has that are extremely useful.

Cons: You can never really be sure what % of email addresses Hunter is pulling from a domain, but that is the case with all tools like this. Case in point - entering one of our company domains only returned a handful of our email addresses, but as long as Hunter returns something, it's more than what we've got which is why we use Hunter.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2018
Brent lionel M.
Co-Founder
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2018

"Hunter was really great before until LinkedIn remove it from integration tools"

Pros: When I started lead generation on LinkedIn before,their integrated with them was very helpful in getting emails of LinkedIn users until LinkedIn stop it already. Anyhow, it still easier to get email from websites if you use to this tool. I still use it to get email from certain blogs and websites though up to now.

Cons: The tool is really great it finding emails and testing if they are valid or not.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2018
Jonathan S.
Head of Product Design
Computer Networking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2018

"Hunter is a fast, streamlined way to find an email address and make a connection."

Comments: This software has allowed me to make connections with people at brands that I care about that lead to collaboration and successful projects.

Pros: This software is easy to setup and uses to find a qualified human at almost any organization. It works flawlessly and is a great way to find someone relevant to directly connect with over email.

Cons: The fact that this software allows you to locate humans at companies is its great strength and it's Achilles heel. It makes it prone to abuse, spammy marketing communication, and shady tactics. If your motives are genuine, it pays dividends and works well.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2018