Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Shortcut

Shortcut is a fast project management platform built for today's software team. Free for teams up to 10 users.

Learn more about Shortcut

Bryan M.
Bryan M.
Product Director
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2019

"The perfect tool for software projects using Kanban"

Comments: Clubhouse helps us manage agile software projects better than ever before. With other tools it feels like we are forcing it to try to accommodate our workflow, but with Clubhouse it feels like it was designed exactly for our use.

Pros: Clubhouse brought us a new set of features and ways to organize stories and tasks that we didn't know we wanted/needed. We have always stuck with tools that were able to help improve our kanban based workflow rather than the simple project board tools like Trello that cater to everyone more than software/product development specifically. There are few tools out there that provide what we are looking for: the ability to organize and label stories with more granularity than a single label (estimates, types, project, priorities, epic, etc), and the ability to have reports like velocity and burndown charts.

Cons: It is a very small thing, but it would be nice if we could adjust the color scheme of both things like labels beyond the default options, as well as adjust the overall interface colors.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2019
Alan S.
Alan S.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2021

"Product Management Made Easy!"

Comments: I am a bit newer to the PM world, but jumping into Clubhouse and getting going was quite easy! It's helped me set some order to my projects and collaborate with the proper people in a timely manner.

Pros: Once you understand the structure of the application, like the epics, stories, and iterations, it becomes very easy to navigate. The collaboration with team members and tracking of features or bugs makes it very valuable for our dev and product teams!

Cons: You do get a lot of email notifications when you are mentioned or anything related to you is updated, it would be nice to combine these notifications into one email every couple of hours or so.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2021
Andrea H.
Owner and curriculum designer
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2021

"Great for task management"

Comments: I am overall very pleased with the results from utilizing clubhouse. I will continue to use it

Pros: I like that it is so customizable to your individual organizations needs. I mainly utilize the workflow features and am very happy with how easy it is to implement and create them and how much more productive it’s made my life and business run.

Cons: I have no cons. I’m very happy with the program so far and will continue to utilize it. It’s been very beneficial

• Reviewed on 16/07/2021
Sean H.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Clubhouse vs Jira? Clubhouse wins."

Comments: I have previously used Fogbugz, Jira, Trello, and a few others, and Clubhouse is the clear winner. You will find some of what I mention here applicable to something like Jira; contains depth, customer service request and issue tracking are highly visible, can be simple to use. But it would be like saying a burger from McDonald's is the same as the burger from Raoul's in NY; they both have buns, a meat patty, and you can create depth with the condiments! You could say that, but you'd be a fool. Are you a large org with cash to burn, needing extreme amounts of control, and customization, with mandated workflows? Jira has your answer. Are you a small/medium team that needs a fantastic feature & project tracking tool that works great out of the box? Clubhouse is hands down the best.

Pros: I find the product to be very simple at the surface with deep capabilities. Previously, we were using Jira and I found the software to be overkill for many of the tasks that we perform. Additionally, so much of Jira's useful functionality (and the Atlassian suite as a whole) is hidden behind paywalls, 3rd party addon services, and little gouges along the way. I absolutely abhor that practice so finding Clubhouse was a godsend. Customer service has been prompt and helpful, and though they have not implemented my feature request, I at least know that it has been prioritized. Team collaboration is great with their Slack integration. My team posts bugs, hotfixes, feature requests in the proper project, and I am automatically notified via Slack. The whole team has visibility to their request's progress.

Cons: Navigating the nomenclature of Stories, Epics, Projects, Milestones, and how they should fit together is a bit taxing at first and takes getting used to. It would be helpful to have visual guides for someone like myself, but the documentation is available and well written. This is where I discovered the depth of capabilities in Clubhouse. You can very simply manage your project with Stories, and you can very finely tune your progress and visibility by getting to know these different groupings.

Veronica L.
Senior Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Clubhouse is the Goldie Locks Level of JUST RIGHT!"

Comments: When I started at this company they had no real process and no project management. They were using a collection of about 70 Trello boards to categorize and track work, but there was no roll up view of everything and the sheer flexibility of Trello was too much to manage. I have worked in JIRA and similar platforms before, they are cumbersome to set up and require that you utilize their entire eco-system for more rich-features. Clubhouse is the perfect middle ground. It helps us organize our 6 teams and their workloads, prioritize work among the many company priorities and work with the owners to come up with roadmaps for the future... ALL IN THE SAME TOOL! As we are able to build in our branching and deployment process into Clubhouse, it will be even better for us. We are truly working toward standardizing our work items, planning and estimating and could not have done that without Clubhouse.

Pros: I like the ease of use, from day one of setting up Clubhouse it just made sense and was easy to configure for our purposes. It was easy to jump in and start using without much learning curve for all of the team members as well. We love how much work we can have in a single work space and with powerful filtering, searching, everyone gets their perfect view for their purpose!

Cons: I wish there were more canned reporting features for Kanban workflows, but honestly it's not the end of the world since we have access to the REST API for building our own custom reports! Right now our private Gitlab integration isn't working but what is amazing is that Clubhouse support and engineering is working through it with us. I love that about Clubhouse. (Can you tell it's hard for me to find something negative about the software???)

Tyler H.
Head of Engineering
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"My favourite project management tool"

Comments: I started using Clubhouse just about 2 years ago to give myself something easy to use for engineering project management. I was sick to death of the heavy, underperforming and sometimes outright horrible competitors in this product space that I had been stuck using for many years. Over those two years Clubhouse and I have gone from just myself using simple Kanban cards into fully-fledged projects, teams, and workspaces. As they released these features our team grew into all of them and just recently our non-engineering departments have also become converts and now it's workspaces abound. Tools are tools and they should make your life easier. That is what happens here in a very good way and that is how it should be.

Pros: - Superb UI
- Customisable without clutter
- Performant
- Incredibly easy to use

Cons: - Reporting and metrics could be better surfaced

Customer Success Champion
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Clubhouse is super helpful!!!"

Comments: Overall things have been great. We've been able to get things done and track everything easily!

Pros: I love being able to track everything in one spot. It's easy for multiple teams to use and communicate using Clubhouse. It's awesome!!! They keep making awesome improvements too. It's great to see a company investing in updates that users want. :)

Cons: In the beginning, it was a bit difficult to get the hang of, but it could have been because I was not used to using this type of app!

Tyler V.
Frontend Engineer
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"The final word in getting things done"

Pros: Anyone, not just developers can find their way around. It's important that non-techies can submit tickets, follow tagging patterns, and stay in touch with progress. Clubhouse is that blend of developer feature focused with a familiar and usable UI.

Cons: Took awhile to get a new design and update that godawful logo. Hope design and UI/UX is becoming a higher priority at Clubhouse. Seems to be, just keep it up.

Petar P.
Data Analyst
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2019

"Tasking made easy"

Comments: Writing stories between our teams and commenting on project progress. Assigning people to different stories so they could track/attribute to them etc.

Pros: In my company we use Clubhouse to track our day-to-day requests, but also our longtime projects. It's easy to use with a lot of integrations through other apps and software.

Cons: Maybe incorporate an SLA type of tasking, where you would have a running clock on your tasks...
It does sound like a ticketing system, but still sometimes even a ticketing based software can raise the productivity of a team.

• Reviewed on 05/06/2019
Michelle E.
Scrum Master
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Great tool has helped my team to organize our work."

Comments: We love Clubhouse! Great tool, excellent user support, and they're really on top of listening and responding to user feedback.

Pros: Clubhouse is super easy to use and intuitive. It does a great job of helping us organize our workflows. The best change for us since our last tool has been the ability to form a hierarchy of tickets and link dependencies.

Cons: The tool is not quite there yet with regards to easily organizing a roadmap. However, we know that these features are coming and we can't wait to start using them!

Robert M.
Director, User Support
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Solid way to keep everything together"

Pros: We're a remote team, so being able to link and integrate within CH has been monumental for keeping our workflows together and our team on the right path.

Cons: Some customization is limited, and we'd love to be able to see a more robust way to organize and link things together (folders)

Software Engineer
Internet, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2021

"Has huge potential, but needs to open up or differentiate"

Comments: Clubhouse offers a very unique and engaging way to socialize, compared to the text model of other apps such as Discord. However, as apps such as Discord are beginning to offer similar experiences to Clubhouse, I think Clubhouse should try to find more ways to keep conversations fresh and unique.

Pros: Clubhouse came out with a really unique concept at the time. I like the idea of drop-in audio; especially during the pandemic, Clubhouse really helped simulate a real interaction. Clubhouse has a great community partly due to the invite-only nature of the app, and I've enjoyed the interactions I've had.

Cons: I think Clubhouse should offer more ways of interacting besides just voice. Having someone stream something to watch, or offering some quick games would be some examples of really boosting the experience, as sometimes conversations can feel stale or repetitive. This may also be due to the app being invite-only, which contributes to lack of diversity.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2021
Samantha P.
Product Designer
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Really Great Project Mgmt Tool for Small-Mid Size teams"

Comments: It's more robust than Trello but not as complex as Jira. Allows us to track our sprint cycles easily and the whole team has adopted it.

Pros: So easy to use and lots of ways to customize to work for your team. Their blog is helpful and Customer Service team is 🔥!

Cons: Can't think of anything I don't like about it. One thing we're still exploring is how to use outside of Product and Engineering team so maybe better support for cross-team collaboration.

Alexandra F.
Customer Educator
Online Media, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Easy to link to and easy to track!"

Pros: I love that Clubhouse lets me link to lots of other services and easily get notified when there are updates on the issue we're tracking. It's also versatile to be able to used by multiple teams and for many different teams.

Cons: The search feature is a little clunky, and it makes it difficult to search exactly what you're looking for; there isn't a huge differentiation between what's an exact match and what's simply similar, which makes it hard to search things like ID numbers without things getting messed up.

Guillaume D.
Product Owner
Political Organization, 51-200 Employees

"Best product"

Pros: A lot of features and a beautiful design

Cons: Analytics are not easy to use, we should have more pop ups to explain what to dio with them

Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Fast and effective"

Comments: Big fan. The process of creating stories and reordering them should mostly mental exercise, but Jira prevents this. Trello is great but requires too much set up and config. Clubhouse walks the line perfectly, and doesn't force project Mgmt add ons down my throat.

Pros: Simplicity and speed - it's lightning quick and the design steers away from the overly detailed stuff that Jira encourages. Also, it's super clear how the work is sliced up. You can choose what each level means to you (e.g. epic = ...), but they all clearly fit together, meaning progress (or lack thereof) is obvious and clear

Cons: The mobile experience isn't great. The upcoming Android app should fix most of that, but certain elements of the mobweb ui should be looked at from a hygiene pov. I can't adjust the order / column of stories on my phone at the moment.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2019
Director, Operations
Internet, 201-500 Employees

"Clubhouse is"

Comments: Consolidating everything in Clubhouse has made my life a lot simpler. There's less cognitive overhead in my day to day.

Pros: I like how dynamic and flexible the software is. I can customize workflows using projects and stories in a way that matches how I think about my work. My teammates or other teams can use other features I don't use without interrupting how I'm structuring their work. There's no one way to use Clubhouse and each style is not mutually exclusive. Everyone thinks about product development differently and Clubhouse allows you to stay organized and collaborate regardless of how you think about it.

Cons: Clubhouse was a little confusing at first. There's a lot of features and functionality. Once you're past the learning curve it feels like home.

Will S.
Product Manager
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Great light management tool"

Comments: Great

Pros: Lightweight - Does what you want, doesn’t clutter with bloated features
Integrations - solid integrations with relevant software (github, slack, ...)

Cons: Because it’s lightweight, there are some workarounds you need to use for specific needs

Head of Development
Gambling & Casinos, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2019

"Great product with some missing features"

Comments: Amazing but they need to add features like ACL.

Pros: Perfect for agile project management in software development.

Cons: No ACL or permissions of any kind, that should be a must.

Founder & CEO
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2021

"Clubhouse is the best in class for bug and issue tracking"

Comments: Clubhouse replaced a number of other issue tracking tools that were of lesser quality and far more clunky to use. I enjoy using Clubhouse more than many other tools, including Trello.

Pros: Clubhouse has a modern UI that feels fast. Search is very powerful and you can usually find past issues that you are looking for without a great deal of work.

Cons: The Clubhouse APIs are relatively new and while they are good, they do not cover everything you might need to do. The integrations with Slack are OK and maturing.

• Reviewed on 28/01/2021
Celeste M.
Designer

"Clubhouse review"

Pros: Easy to assign and cc people, great for team projects

Cons: Can't search within a column which makes it hard to find a story

Pierce T.
Senior Software Engineer
Financial Services Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"Better than Jira"

Comments: So far I like it, it feels a lot faster and more up-to-date than JIRA (which I used at my previous job), and that alone makes me happy.

Pros: I really like the integration with GitHub (where if you name a branch properly, the PR will be auto-magically linked to the ticket

Cons: The filters for stores aren't the most intuitive. I don't know if this is just how we have it set up, or I am just not used to the interface yet.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2020
Wojciech S.
Wojciech S.
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2019

"Simple and easy project management tool"

Pros: - very easy to use with great and simple interface
- has most of the issues a full-scale PM software needs - ticketing, reports, tasks shared with teams, templates etc.
- "open" API that allows building various integrations (on top on the existing ones - Slack, Zendesk etc.)

Cons: - no mobile app available
- tome tracking needs to be set up as custom values, not the best way to deal with that
- Open API integration can also be a downside, as there is fewer ready-to-go integrations than with some high-scale alternatives (notably, jira)

• Reviewed on 28/01/2019
Danny P.
Data Scientist
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2019

"Decent product, tough to navigate"

Pros: Easy to organize tasks and stories. Easy to collaborate.

Cons: Too many open options make it so that stuff can get lost without having the ability to ever find it again.

Joseph L.
Joseph L.
CPO
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2019

"Our daily source of truth for product management"

Comments: Overall, our experience with Clubhouse has been fantastic.

Pros: Hits a great balance between features and simplicity of use. Doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of a Jira, but is a free, feature-packed, and well suited for smaller engineering teams.

Cons: Would like to have ability to assign Epics to specific iterations. Some technical bugs that come about (and no way to avoid upgrading versions) because it's a web app. Mobile app could also use some work.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2019