Dolibarr Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Dolibarr

Open source solution for all around business management from customers and orders to invoicing and inventory.

Learn more about Dolibarr

Anthony V.
Anthony V.
Freelance webdesigner & marketeer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2021

"My weekly assistant"

Comments: I have been using Dolibarr for more than a year now and I absolutely love it (and so does my accountant). As a freelancer I used to work in Excel and keep track of my leads in a separate CRM. This was becoming quite difficult to track vendor and client invoices nationally and internationally and if I wanted to add something to my CRM, I had to pay for an upgrade. With Dolibarr I can do everything myself and expand the field I require.

Pros: The amount of flexibility in this software is massive. Every single function is customisable and the functionality that is already included out of the box is everything a starting company needs. I'm using the CRM and invoicing module every week. My accountant has her own login to view and download all supplier and client invoices.

Cons: The software has some learning curve. I host the software on my own server so if you don't know how to do this yourself, you probably will have to hire someone with technical skills. You are actually buying a lego-box but still need to build the castle yourself so you will have to put in some hours/days to set everything up.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2021
Alexis J.
Assistant technique
Libraries, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2019

"Good product, wish it will continue to evolve !"

Comments: Well i use it for a litle library in lebanon. We bub books in france in euros, and sell it in lebanon in usd and LBP.
We also work in consignation, so we put our books in other stores... and we collect then the money each 2 month...

Pros: I like that it has a very good process from proposal to facture. it's modular so i can select the modules i need. So i can chose the level of complication for the end user.
I liked also to be able to buy some plugins that did something.

Cons: Well, it's doing it's job !
i was a litle lost with the multi curency module.
and a module for putting goods in a parthner store (and getting out of the my stock) but doing facturation when it is sold by the parthner. would be realy nice.
in french we call this "consignation".

Virgilio B.
CIO

"quality opensource"

Comments: As I said, I use and indicate dolibarr for professional and personal purposes as well, from inventory control management to financial control.
I am happy to work with a secure system that also provides me with solving the sometimes serious customer issues regarding database and customizations.
I developed in it a feature of the Brazilian Invoice. This was one of the developments that I performed with total satisfaction.

Pros: I like dolibarr easy to customize, safe to use and practical to solve problems.

Cons: from the lack of plugins or third party resources available to it. On the other hand, I believe this is due to the fear of giving credit to software that could topple big ones in the market.

Josep lluís A.
Josep lluís A.
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2019

"A great ERP/CRM easy with PHP language"

Comments: Small bussiness or Entities that need a ERP/CRM very cheap.
Also small bussiness or Entities that need a very personalized ERP/CRM for their needs.

Pros: Uses the same programming language that Wordpress, Drupal, o Prestashop.
Very easy to install in most common hostings.
Good and open community.
Free licence GPL.

Cons: More events or meetups in countries that uses Dolibarr for interact with other developers and customers.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2019
Daniel G.
IT
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2019

"Perfect CRM"

Comments: We are using dolibarr for our whole business process, from customer contact management to invoice.

Pros: - The system is a webbased CRM Suite
- there are many modules for different cases
- the system hast it's own Customer Portal
- Own API

Cons: - Some modules are not working at all correctly. (But please remember that it's a open source Project)

• Reviewed on 04/10/2019
Nicolas B.
Nicolas B.
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2021

"Great free CRM online or offline"

Comments: Dolibarr is the center of my administrative process : proposal, invoice, delivery, etc...

Pros: Dolibarr is highly customisable to fit all workflows and and usecase. It can be adapted to different kind of business and different size of organisations. It can be installed on various plat-forms, online or offline.

Cons: Integration can be a little bit tricky, but the user's community is really helpfull and the different cases of utilisation are well documented.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2021
Qamar H.
Qamar H.
Import Officer
Apparel & Fashion, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2020

"Dolibarr for Trading small business"

Comments: For effectiveness in business including secured, auto communication i.e. email based events, like issuance of sale order, POs, fit for trading, Saas, and locally installation is a good option. Account management like banks, payable, receive-able to pay, to receive complete orders all are included in package, Dashboard parameters are good for management reporting.

Pros: Xampp, lamp based web application to support business activities, easier in installation, configuration is easier, business aspects, logics are pre-defined in each modules which are pre built in with it, while some can be purchased. Role clarification of staff, trade, Purchase, Sale orders, Project order, and their invoices can be handled effectively with respective accounts too, double entry system for advanced accounting is configurable to meet the specific requirement of business. This software is best for trading and projects in level of medium industries.

Cons: Mobile application is not available, some bugs are found in manufacturing order, Graphs and visuals are in small size and will not properly displayed while business volume increases. Inventory report is not in printable format, Costing module is not available.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2020
Joel C.
Retail, 2-10 Employees

"Owner"

Comments: Good

Pros: Can enable and disable modules. Active development. Active plugin community. Packaged for Debian, easy upgrade. Very customizable.

Cons: I wish there was better documentation on how to use as well as how to modify/create plugins

Bérengère C.
sales and communication manager
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2017

"I'm working for a Dolibarr software specialist. We use Dolibarr every day for our business."

Pros: We chose to become a Dolibarr specialist because it's an open source software, wich allows our customers to have a personalize solution.
Dolibarr is an adaptable and scalable software that can meet the needs of many activities.
With Dolibarr you have the choice:
- Free download of the software and do the installation yourself
- Personalize your Dolibarr with differents modules available on Dolistore (the marketplace of Dolibarr)
- Contact an expert who will help you with your installation, an evolution, a training, an assistance.
The Dolibarr community is very active and allows the software to evolve very quickly.

Cons: The standard of the software doesn't do everything, but for me it's better , because we can personnalize our Dolibarr with the really necessary features.

César A.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2017

"Established since three years, I was looking for an easy and complete software to manage my company"

Comments: My company is managed with Dolibarr and I am very happy to use it for this purpose since the creation of my company.

Pros: Easy to use, no very hard installation needed, backup and restore very easy, complete solution for ERP/CRM, in constant evolution. When you know nothing in these kind of software, you learn very quickly to use Dolibarr without help. Very intuitive, light and performing. I have tried other commercial solutions but I stayed with Dolibarr

Cons: You have to learn the use of Dolibarr on your own because there is no customer support (but the forum can help you whenever you have some issue).

Yaakoubi S.
Chemicals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2019

"PRODUCTION"

Comments: I used it for more then 7 years, but I have a very small business and a cooperative, I had three problems with it. First I lost my database one because I had payment problems. and Now my second problem is that I can not use it for production and third stock is not very straight forward. I get lost with virtual and physical, when I send a proforma invoice or order and it doesnt take and I want to correct, I always get lost.

Pros: It is Easy to use, very stable. I can use it from anywhere.

Cons: can not be used for production unit. I have a cooperative and I need to track my stock of ingredients that i use in production

• Reviewed on 07/12/2019
Norbert P.
Project leader

"Swiss knife"

Comments: We solved delivery, amazon dialogue, dematerialization, multi-currencies, email integration, KPI reviews, etc

Pros: Everything can be done with Dolibarr, it's a swiss knife.
We have implemented solutions that were outside of the core features with ease.
For the price of a licensed ERP, you can have a customized ERP fitting your business.

Cons: It's designed to be extendable, you cannot miss a functionality.

Arie O.
Boss
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2017

"Using it since august 2003 (14y!) easy to use"

Pros: Dolibarr is easy to use, evolves regularly thanks to a generous team of developers. I use it almost every day. It is not limited in the number of users who have the right to connect. Dolibarr can be installed on a hosted or dedicated server, on the internet or locally. It suits me perfectly. The fact that it is a whole web solution, allows to be cross-platform.

Niels erik J.
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees

"it have it all"

Comments: work gut for last 2 years and used it ½ year before to get it implement to my company

Pros: price and easy of use and it support is gut

Cons: support for Danish system it need a little bit more attention

Daniel L.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Great Tool for small business"

Pros: Easy to install and to start to work with it. You have a free CRM and ERP to management your business. You don’t need great knowledge of IT

Cons: It’s a bit difficult to change some parameters

• Reviewed on 11/12/2019
Claudio A.
System developer senior analyst
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2017

"I daily works on Dolibarr and I think that is perfect to manage my web-agency."

Pros: It's simple to use and to learn. Its structure based on modular approch lets to active only necessary features.

Cons: Graphic interface. Template style is old. I think that would be very important to improve graphics interface in next release .

Online Media, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2018

"Amazing for a free ERP system"

Comments: Steep learning curve, but amazed at the breadth of the product and the configurability of it. Architects have clearly been refining Dolibarr for many years, and the product works as advertised and is very stable. Hard to understand why this software is not more popular in Western countries. Key attractive point for us was the multilingual capability (including support of 2-byte languages like Chinese and Japanese), and the open source nature.

Pros: * Free to use (open source)
* Multilingual
* Full-featured
* Open source, so we can build own modules
* Frequently updated
* Widely used in low-cost countries, providing a source of expertise
* Cloud app

Cons: * French developed, so almost no info in English, other than a not-very-helpful wiki
* Zero 3rd party documentation explaining how to set it up - if you are not used to ERP and Accounting systems, getting started is hard
* Takes time to find people who know the product in depth
* Need some technical expertise to host

• Reviewed on 05/12/2018
Julien M.
freelance developer
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2017

"I use dolibarr since 2011. it is easy to handle and it is really reliable"

Pros: Its reliability. When dolibarr releases a new version, it has been tested and retested. The software is therefore very reliable and the version rises, do not do little

• Reviewed on 15/05/2017
Abdullah A.
GM

"Very good"

Pros: Every modules. Samplisty, community, and support

Cons: Fast Updates, documentations and community

Fatih S.
Lead Systems Engineer
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"Best choice for SMB"

Pros: Very easy to use, good fit for SMB and near Mid-range companies. It is very flexible for future needs. Also it has ldap integration.

Cons: WebUI is not mobile friendly, there is some glitches. Reporting modules need improvement. I think developers must focus reporting section firstly.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2018
Laurenţiu D.
Web developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2019

"Good alternative"

Comments: General business requirements

Pros: The architecture, the portability, the fact that it is designed for the online environment brings many benefits

Cons: Too many lines of codes
if it had been developed on f3(fat free framework), i think it would have been one of the best ERP

• Reviewed on 13/12/2019
Nikolaos B.
Developer
Computer Hardware, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2017

"Entry level user"

Pros: The best of this software is free and it's very nice because it's powerfull like commercial software!

Cons: It's difficult to create invoices from scratch! Your must have knowledge about open office. Another problem who I saw it's about translation of some fields

• Reviewed on 19/05/2017
Theo J.
Associate IT Consultant
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2017

"Use the software for 14 years now because of it's stability. That's why we advise it to our clients"

Pros: Userfriendly program with a lot of options which you can activate just when you need them. Specific business needs can be realised by customize the modules without any programming skills. A very flexible program with a lot of potential for the future.

Cons: Graphic interface style is outdated. Improvement of the UI in next release would be nice.
The calendar lacks the option for recurring appointments.
Because there is no customer support, we decided to make our own manuals & organize user-sessions to support our clients with the Dolibarr product.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2017
Olivier A.
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2017

"Dolibarr user since 2011. Now i manage my training center with two agencies with ease... No doubt..."

Pros: Simple to : install, configure, use, and update... As computer scientist, i also like th ease to move dolibarr across servers and so on.

Cons: not able to hide field by configuration. Can be very easy by générating css to hide some field having a checkbox field list to show or hide a field. But for that : fields must have an id in html... And it's not the case.

Kevin D.
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2019

"Great Open Source Business Management System"

Comments: Overall Dolibarr is a great system and i have to say is getting better in the last 2 years it has improved out of sight and is well worth looking at prior to version 9 it was not as good

Pros: Very Cost Effective as it is open source and there is lots of community options for this platform

Cons: unfortunately its SQL Structure is very french and European and the translation to English is lost sometimes and makes it hard to solve things with the language barrier