• Overall

About Spendesk

Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spend management solution that delivers more control, visibility, and automation to today's finance teams.

Learn more about Spendesk

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Spendesk before?

Mark L.
Mark L.
Director Business Planning in Germany
Computer Hardware, 51-200 Employees

Great efficiency tool for small companies

5 3 years ago

Pros:

It greatly improves the purchasing workflow, all the way through to payments and accounting. It decentralises purchasing, while keeping control of the whole process with the decision makers. It's very intuitive to use - I never have to train new employees on Spendesk. The customer support level is the best I've ever seen, and they are constantly adding new features and improving the existing ones.

Cons:

It costs money. But compared to the employee time saved by using it, as well as the added value compared to manual processes, it's money very well spent.

3 years ago

Thank you Mark for your kind review. We are really happy to free you and your team from the hassle of paying at work!

Ferdinand S.
Marketing and Communications in US
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees

Improvements

3 3 years ago

Comments: Paying all over the US when travelling. Helps with keeping track of company expenses.

Pros:

Easy to mangae/upload your receipts when you are travelling.

Cons:

-Spendesk card doesn't work in many places (Trader Joe's for example) -With the app you can only take photos from receipts. It would be a great improvement if you could make a photo that recognizes the receipt (adapts the borders automatically) and that converts it to a pdf.

3 years ago

Dear Ferdinand, thank you for your review. The good news is our new mobile app will be launching soon, and includes a new feature to automatically crop receipt photos. Sorry to hear about the issues you had overseas, we've passed your comments on to our product team to investigate further.

Christopher P.
Head of Finance in Germany
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Sucess Story

5 2 years ago

Pros:

100% control over all teams and their spendings Easy to use via app or directly on the platform Streamlining of Cash-out Customization of fields for export incl. cost center logic

Cons:

Missing export file with images for German accounting software Datev

2 years ago

Thank you Christopher for your great review!

Jordi C.
CFO in Spain
Online Media, 201-500 Employees

Everything undercontrol

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Having credit card as main payment method for our online providers was a mess. Spendesk gave us absolut control about our expenses, reporting and more over... authmatization! Never more share credit card data to employees.

Cons:

Spendesk should have been live 5 ago to avoid past problems :)

2 years ago

Thank you Jordi for your amazing review. We're glad to help you stay in control of your company spending!

Martin B.
Co-founder - COO in France
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Makes daily expenses tasks super easy

5 9 months ago

Pros:

Spendesk is very easy to use and at an affordable price point. Since it is cloud-based, I can access it from any computer, at home or the office. It is sleek and easy to find what I'm looking.

Cons:

Since it is a cloud-based software, it is dependent on a reliable internet connection

Lukas H.
COO in Germany

Great accounting automation for distributed teams

5 2 years ago

Comments: We're a small team scattered around Europa and Asia & thanks to Spendesk, much of our accounting, requesting payments & doing personal expenses has been automated - giving us more time to focus on developing our business rather than filing manual reports & chasing receipts across departments.

Pros:

- Spendesk allows to automate payments & approvals for business expenses and provides great overview over who owns which transactions, establishing great accountability - The accounting integration (in Germany) was easy and straightforward - Great approval flows - It's possible to set up multiple teams & entities, modeling complex organizational structures

Cons:

- Due to a change in Spendesk's internal processes in preparation for Brexit the onboarding process took 3-4 weeks, which wasn't well communicated in advance - Each credit card's limit must be backed by money pre-loaded onto the bank account - and each card's limit needs to be 100% backed, effectively tying up an entire month of "worst case scenario" working capital - Currency conversion charges are quite high

2 years ago

Hello Lukas, and thank you very much for your very detailed review. We are sorry that you faced some issues while using Spendesk. Don't hesitate to contact our support team anytime you need, we are available for you. Have a nice day!

Matthew W.
Chief Technology Officer in UK

Very nearly perfection, but I have a use case not handled well

5 3 years ago

Pros:

This is cliche, but the software just works. I really appreciate how fast it is to do all the tasks I need to do, and it really helps get my colleagues on board when it doesn't take up much of their time to upload receipts.

Cons:

It is not very obvious how to have a card that can be charged multiple times, but only as a single overall process. An example is any service which takes a deposit, then final charge once manufacture is complete. This would be one purchase request and therefore one spendesk card, but needs to allow multiple individual charges to occur. The "solution" is a subscription, but then you have to remember to cancel it or the money is reserved on the card forever.

3 years ago

Thank you Matthew for your interesting review. If you need any help with Spendesk, don't hesitate to contact our support or customer success teams!

Pauline T.
France

Absolutely amazing tool to manage you team spendings

5 6 years ago

Comments: We implemented Spendesk as soon as we heard from them for my compan Hivy.
Hivy is a Saas helping Office Managers to answer every employee needs.
What was the problem I was facing at Hivy? Well few corporate cards, not enough agility in the team when we needed to buy stuff online.
Spendesk was the perfect tool to make my team move faster.
I used Spendesk's product since the beginning - I love the fact that each time I have a question on the product, they quickly get back to me and do whatever is needed to solve my problem.
That's what I call customer support :)

Pros:

Best customer support <3 Very smooth and user-friendly design Custom Approval flow which is great when you go on vacations - you can really delegate the payment validation.

Cons:

Cannot be used with existing corporate cards.

6 years ago

Merci Pauline :)

Nicolas G.
CFO in France
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees

I have been one of the first customer of Spendesk, saved me a lot of time and mistakes

5 4 years ago

Comments: Time saving, seamless approval workflow, team management, Xero integration

Pros:

Superb UX, Analytical coding, greatest Xero integration ever, no more corporate credit card, no more credit card reconciliation + I can empower my teammates and make them responsible for their budget + I am in control of my expenses without spending too much time in painfull approval workflow.

Cons:

I want to use it for all my subsidiaries OCR please ? A dedicated email than I can use to forward my receipts directly to the solution would be great too

4 years ago

Thank you Nicolas for this review! We will get in touch with you to make sure that all your subsidiaries can use Spendesk.

Ken O.
CFO in Ireland

Happy to recommend

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I have to say that I have been nothing but impressed by the Spendesk platform since we implemented it earlier this year. Tracking credit card expenditure was a manual painstaking process for us until we introduced Spendesk which involved chasing receipts and manually deriving accounting entries from a spreadsheet. I now have control and visibility across the business of the entire spend and am confident that I have the back up and approval processes for it in one location. You have managed to develop a cross platform UX that is easy for the user and the finance team alike and the reporting capability is second to none. I have no hesitation in giving a top rating and have since recommended it to other finance professionals.

Cons:

If I had one suggestion it would be that the lead time of the physical cards is far too long and the cards themselves should be contactless.

3 years ago

Thank you so much Ken for your amazing review! We are working right now in decreasing the time of the plastic card delivery and the contactless card is on its way. Stay tuned... ;-)

Sandro M.
CEO in Belgium

Forest Admin uses Spendesk

4 6 years ago

Comments: Forest is a Saas company. As any saas company we have a lot of online spending : IT, subscriptions (git, adobe, etc) or travel expenses to visit our customers.
We had only 1 credit card (mine) B.S (as Before Spendesk :p) which was used for every subscription leading to problems. I could not have a clear view on all my subscriptions ! I was also blocked because of spending monthly limit...
Using Spendesk helped me to control each and every one of my subscription + no monthly limit. I also use Spendesk for all my online spending and don't lose time at the end of the month chasing for invoices (something which is time-consuming and that I hate on a personal level).

Pros:

issue 1 card per subscription with budgets autonomy given to the other guys in my teams -> they can do the purchases themselves and I can use the customized approval flow to delegate the validation

Cons:

I am the one not putting my invoices on the platform now and my accountant knows exactly that this is not on one of my employees' side

6 years ago

Thanks for your feedbacks Sandro ! Glad to see that Spendesk helps you at Forest :)

Xavi G.
Producer in Germany
Sports, 51-200 Employees

Easy and amazing finance administration tool

5 2 years ago

Pros:

The fact that i can scan my receipts and upload them directly from the phone. Having a Visa credit card that links directly to the app and i don't have to use my personal one.

Cons:

There are too many approvals needed for every single operation

2 years ago

Thank you Xavi for your nice review. Concerning the number of approvals, it might come from the expense policy of your company. Feel free to contact our success team if you have any question about the use of Spendesk.

Kristan L.
Kristan L.
International Sales Director in France
Publishing, 11-50 Employees

Life changer!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Loads of international travel and receipt management - worry free

Pros:

I was in sales in the earlier part of my career and vowed to never return because I thought the expense reports took way too much of my precious time. thanks to Spendesk - it has literally changed my professional & personal life - bank is happy and I am hassle free - love, love love it!

Cons:

literally cannot think of one - so easy to use & instantaneous....My accounting team no longer loathes me!

3 years ago

Thank you so much Kristan for your wonderful review !! We are really happy to make your life so much easier.

Thibault L.
Independent in France
Internet, Self Employed

Manages accounting better than other pieces of software!

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Spendesk allows me to pay in a B2B environment, while having full visibility on realtime spending and accounting at the end of the month!

Cons:

I wish I had known before that I could connect Spendesk with my accounting software: I would have saved so much time!

Jonathan C.
Head of Marketing in France

Never be stuck waiting for the company card

5 2 years ago

Comments: Easy to use, super efficient, and keeps everything tidy (approval requests are logged, receipts can be attached to each expense, cards are issued for a specific vendor and with a maximum payment limit).

Pros:

Every expense incurred by the team can be sent for approval, approved, and sent to the vendor instantly.

Cons:

Certain vendors decline prepaid virtual cards, meaning it's back to the old hunting down the company card game.

2 years ago

Thank you so much Jonathan for your great review. We are indeed aware that some vendors do not accept our virtual cards. But we are looking to end this issue shortly. Have a nice day!

Jules W.
Lead QA engineer in Belgium

Useful

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Intuitive, practical, incredible support.

Cons:

Chatbot is always displayed even if I don't need help

2 years ago

Thank you for your great review Jules!

Anne caroline C.
Head of Finance in France
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees

Great tool to save time and increase expense monitoring!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Great tool to monitor credit card expenses, collect receipts and facilitate accounting booking!!
Users and accounting team are found of this tool in our company since it has been implemented

Pros:

Easy to implement Time credit Great monitoring

Cons:

Could be cheaper purple color ;-)

3 years ago

Thank you for your kind review Anne-Caroline!

Marketing Assistant in UK

Good review

5 3 years ago

Comments: Very easy to use, I use it almost daily since I work in marketing and am responsible for buying stuff for the office. I love the reminders to upload the receipts. I feel a sense of completion when I've uploaded a receipt.

Pros:

Being able to automatically pay for work spendings through spendesk without having to use my own money or wait for my expenses to be refunded by my company.

Cons:

Nothing, maybe make it possible to copy the card number.

3 years ago

Thank you for your nice review!

Rodolphe Q.
Rodolphe Q.
Data Delivery Manager in US

Perfect tool for open company

5 3 years ago

Comments: Use it for 4 years now, so usefull for employees.

Pros:

If you work in a company where trust rings the bell for your boss you have use this tool, it's so easy and powerful. Everyone can be autonomous when travelling or need to buy any good need for his job.

Cons:

Maybe the UI with soft colors is not easy enough to understand for blind colors people leike me, bigger icon shoud be a good idea

3 years ago

Thank you so much Rodolphe for your kind review!

Karim F.
General Manager in France
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Easy, Painless, Efficient

5 2 years ago

Pros:

- Easy to use - Intuitive - Easy to manage user accesses and spending policies, to avoid creating complex procedures - Easy to upload receipts (email address for automatic matching of invoices, native app for pictures etc.) - can integrate with accounting All in all I think spendesk allows us to gain time and control over many administrative tasks, enabling us to focus more on our business.

Cons:

- Sometimes the plastic cards fail without any reason at some shops, this is a problem because it blocks us to buy things when we need them the most (ie at the cashier of a shop). But the CS team helps fairly quickly and solves the issue.

Natalie P.
Head of Client Services in UK

Easy to use and an enjoyable experience

5 3 years ago

Comments: It makes my life (and my bosses life!) so much easier. By giving me a budget I can spend with I don't have to pester by boss for money/company card access. I don't have to wait for expenses to be paid at the end of each month, I don't even have to log expenses! I also don't have to worry about losing receipts as I upload them straight away, and if I don't, Spendesk reminds me and questions why. It's a very intuative and user friendly platform.

Pros:

The app - the ability to instantly upload receipts on the go (and reminders if you don't!), updates on balance, pin easily available through the app.

Cons:

The sign up process wasn't as smooth as it could have been, I can't remember why or how now as it was a while ago but I remember getting my card in the post, with little instruction/information about what to do next. I then managed to 'sign up' but didn't register my card for ages as I thought I'd done that by signing up.

3 years ago

Thank you so much Natalie for your amazing review! We're so happy to read all your feedbacks, and we improved our customer onboarding process to avoid further confusion as you just mentioned :)

Fabien D.
CEO Myriad Connect in France

Awesome to simplify expenses

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Super easy to create/use/approve virtual cards for online expenses

Cons:

It would be amazing if it could be combined with a forex solution, à la Revolut

2 years ago

Thank you Fabien for your great review! We're glad to count Myriad Group as one of our customers and simplify your company expenses.

Kim C.
Office Manager in France

Great office management tool

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Ease of use and speed of customer support response and help

Cons:

Sometimes the cards take a few minutes to load. Also the log out time is very quick meaning you can't stay logged in to your account throughout the day.

3 years ago

Hello Kim, thank you for your great feedback and nice review!

Thomas K.
Head of Finance in Germany
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

Great help in everyday work

4 3 years ago

Comments: Spendesk helps us keeping track of budgets and enables our employees to responsibly purchase what they need for their work - and that in a very efficient way.

Pros:

Very easy to use, compact and clearly presented. Also, each member invited instantly gets the idea how to use it.

Cons:

I would prefer the option to produce virtual credit cards for entire teams w/o having to define the supplier. That way the teams would really be enabled to determine on how to spend e.g. their team budgets w/o having to apply for a card for every single purchase.

3 years ago

Thank you Thomas for taking the time to give us this nice review!

Nicholas N.
IT System Administrator in Germany
Consumer Electronics, 201-500 Employees

Best Tool for Consolidating Company Spending

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Spendesk has been invaluable in making it easy and straight forward to make company purchases. Setting up purchases is quick and painless, and if managed correctly easy to track all of your spending and invoices.

Cons:

Would maybe like an option to create a department card which can be used multiple times but still has the limits and tracking capabilities, but which doesn't fall under the subscription use case.

3 years ago

Thank you Nicholas for your nice review on our product! And be sure that we took your feedback concerning department card into account. Have a nice day.