Oracle PeopleSoft Reviews

4.1 (270) Write a Review!

About Oracle PeopleSoft

Comprehensive system for managing dispersed IT assets. Integrates with Oracle financial and CRM IT Help Desk systems.

Learn more about Oracle PeopleSoft

Pros:

Have been using peoplesoft at a client site for AR monitoring and assessing credit applications. Very good upward and downward integrations with many give and get exchanges.

Cons:

I find PeopleSoft to be somewhat difficult to learn. I don't find it to be intuitive and the interface appears outdated.

Oracle PeopleSoft ratings

3.7
3.9
4.0
3.7

7.1/10

Oracle PeopleSoft has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 270 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Oracle PeopleSoft before?

Blanca
Blanca
Especialista de RRHH in Venezuela
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees

People Soft

Comments: My experience has been excellent with Oracle to fulfill the functions related to the tasks I perform daily, in this system I get information that my supervisor asks me, useful information to accomplish tasks assigned by other departments, income movements and expenditures among other assignments .

Pros:

The Oracle system is an excellent tool to comply with organizational processes. It is very important to keep the organizational structure in order and to ensure that when making a movement within the structure the changes are made as accurately as possible without affecting the business in any way.

Cons:

I do not consider that the Oracle system has disadvantages, it is necessary to have an administrator who knows the regulations so that no changes are made without authorization. It is a system that allows you to do everything related to the entry and exit of personnel as well as all the movements of promotions and transfers.

Jared
Jared
HRIS Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good Product with Lots of Features But Difficult to Maintain

Comments: A very good tool, that was feature rich and allowed you to build custom business process, but you could you shoot yourself in the foot with the customization, and get stuck doing custom processes.

Pros:

I like how customizable the tool is to match whatever business process you have. It has strong reporting capabilities and can handle very complex process.

Cons:

With the customization we had to do lots of regression testing when new updates came out. Sometimes this broke our customization and required much more work.

ACCOUNTS OFFICER in Qatar
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees

Oracle People Soft. Best Accounting Package to buy.

5.0 last month New

Comments: As this is a cloud based product, i didnot faced any issues with this product. initial startup requires proper learning and hands on, but as compared to other accounting packages, its quite proficient and easy to use.

Pros:

It is like all under one roof. we can manage and review financial aspects, analyze our inventory tracking, rate our suppliers and can manage them easily,etc. etc.

Cons:

Internet should be available all the times. Sometimes due to technical issues we can face serious problems.

Academic Advisor in US
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Oracle PeopleSoft: Leaving More to Be Desired

Comments: We do have to create our own database to store student enrollment data and license information, as PeopleSoft does not allow for this function. I have seen the capabilities of StarFish and as far as reach out or mass communication I do think that Peoplesoft if far behind in this area. My wish list would include more customization features with patch updates, or the ability to have unique users create their own dashboard areas and customize what they see for students, as the general information can mean multiple pages of digging through things to find the one piece of data you may need.

Pros:

I think the range of what this software can accomplish in a university setting does encompass a good amount of things. For example, as a current advisor using this software to do things such as student checks and advising notes, but knowing that our HR systems can be supported by this too, is interesting. This software does allow for reporting data to be pulled into excel documents which I appreciate, as there are not too many steps or manipulation that needs to be done. For example, using the query viewer functions we can pull reports to look at profiles or enrollment.

Cons:

Student groups and terms can sometimes make it difficult to look at a wide variety of data. One of the harder functions about the query viewer is that when we pull reports, while easy to pull...we have to establish terms that we are looking at, or set up perimeters for student group data to be pulled appropriately. We have had to work quite closely with our OIT team to get this done, and when we do pull reports we are only able to pull one term at a time, and then re-open the query viewer and then pull another report with another term date which can be a pain. The lack of customization in certain areas can be frustrating as well. I do wish the advising areas we use in the system had more room for departments to customize to their standards. But to comply with the university standards we must have one set office that can determine what we do as far as making note areas unique, for example.

Laura
BOC in US
Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Users Opinion

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: There are good and bad qualities to all products/systems. The more you use it the easier it becomes to navigate. Oracle was great about changing their view of the product to be better at being visually appealing to the eye and reading/navigating for the older generations who join the team at later times.

Pros:

For the most part user friendly. Most updates are straight forward.

Cons:

Some features are limited. There could always be better explanation on how to use those features.

Maizy
Music Director in US
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees

Great Data Communication Tool

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, we have used PeopleSoft for years, and have had little issues with it. Despite it being a basic tool, it works well, and we plan to keep it for that.

Pros:

My company has used Oracle PeopleSoft for a many years. Our main uses of it include sharing benefits information, new hire resources, compensation history, as well as our talent profile. It's used in-house, and has made it easy for information to be gather (from Oracle database) and disseminated to the employees.

Cons:

My only complaint is that the tool is kind-of old fashioned and basic. There are numerous means of querying information and providing it to the user, so in the grand scheme of things, the tool hasn't seemed that special to me.

Sabrina
Sabrina
Department Business Administrator in US
Higher Education Software, 10,000+ Employees

Decent product by a leading provider

Comments: Overall it is a decent product, there are some inefficiencies within the program; however, I believe this could be fixed based on the buildout for the organization and what developers identify is needed.

Pros:

One of the main features I love about this product is the development of reports and queries. It also allows reports to be exported into various formats as well.

Cons:

Some of the processes within the program are redundant. Requesting information can be a bit inefficient because the program requests various steps to produce one report or functionality within the system.

Deepali
Deepali
Software Development Analyst in India
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Peoplesoft is a ERP tool which make easy organization work.

Comments: it helps to make organization work easy.

Pros:

I have done work on peopleosoft financial as developer .Oracle has given almost everything in ERP. What is good in this tool it make easy to track any organization work.Good thing is it makes easy to understand application for both i.e for developer and for client because both knows the functional of application so client easily can tell what is exact their requirement and as developer knows about ERP so for them it is easy to do changes what exact client want.For any organization it helps to reduce extra cost and time on organization finance system or HR system because Peopesoft ERP handle everything.

Cons:

it is very old ERP now I prefer to select workday or fusion over peoplsoft because they have lot of new features which make easy to understand ERP but in peoplesoft it is little bit time taking process to understand functional. Many bugs you will get and for them Oracle has not given any patches in new release.

Zulay
Zulay
Production Coordinator in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees

PeopleSoft

Pros:

Once you get the hang of it is not as bad, it has many functions can build many reports.

Cons:

Sometimes it can be slow takes time to build reports.

Business Intelligence in US
Higher Education Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Frequent Ocracle PeopleSoft User Review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like how the applications allow my team to run reports with regularity, accessing various database metrics critical for evaluation.

Cons:

The learning curve process for implementation and effective use requires an expansive team of professionals. This would also include support. Also, while the interface is customizable, it does feel a bit outdated in terms of UI/UX.

Bonnie
instructor in US
Higher Education Software, 201-500 Employees

PeopleSoft

Comments: I have used PeopleSoft (PS) since 2005 and in various positions/capacities at two different institutions. I've worked through three major upgrades, two HR/CMS splits, and COUNTLESS bundles and test runs. I've used helped design brand new pages, update/upgrade/improve the information and functionality of existing pages, created security tables, granted users access, entered data, and manipulated/created other data so that others could query that data for their needs. I've trained dozen of faculty and staff how to navigate through PS and how to use PS to access needed data and/or run pre-formatted queries and reports. It is robust database management system and I could not do my job without it!

Pros:

I've used PeopleSoft both in what some would call the "vanilla" version, and also a "modified" to fit the specific needs of the organization, and/or department level version. What impresses me is that it is just that - modifiable, and can be programmed (if you have the people and know-how) to program it to do what you need. Being able to query data from many different tables can really save time and effort, which in turn saves manpower hours/money.

Cons:

It's a silly wish, but I wish PeopleSoft allowed the users to change the color of their individual display and settings - like the color of the background, or the size and type and color of font. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but it is managed by the SUPER Administrative users and "powers that be".... and it's probably an all or nothing kind of thing. I'm in the program 8 hours a day, and all that WHITE background and tiny font...let me jazz it up and make it my own like MS allows.

hedaia
Planning Manager in Jordan
Construction, 10,000+ Employees

Long-term human resource management systems

Comments: As a result, you may use this tool to plan your human resources, and it can also help you find a solution to your problem. Always go with the option that is most beneficial to your company's long-term survival.

Pros:

In terms of ERP and HRM, PeopleSoft is a top-notch solution. Employee data serve as the basis for this cloud-based application, which is used to manage numerous business requirements. Anyone can use it because it has a simple user interface. By using several IDs, you can search for an employee and get all the records they've kept while working for you in PeopleSoft. To put it succinctly, I admire Oracle systems because they place a high value on the long-term viability of the organization as a whole.

Cons:

In spite of the fact that this isn't always a bad thing, you must always stop working while technology specialists provide technical support, which is inconvenient at times. I also think the user interface's simplicity is outdated and needs to be updated, as it frequently bores me.

Jennifer
Administrative Assistant II in
Utilities, 501-1,000 Employees

Web-based programming for processing requisitions and purchase orders and HR tracking.

Comments: My company uses this program for requesting and processing purchase orders among other things. We also use the HR features for tracking employees and classes. It's easy to use, if not totally user friendly. There are some areas that it is not completely intuitive, but otherwise it definitely gets the job done. It doesn't run a smooth as it should on some browser versions, but works well enough. The only thing I would love to see incorporated would be the option to use hot keys or even "Alt" keys.

Pros:

This program is easy to use. There are search functions that help find what you are looking for. And there is a dashboard area that lets you know right away if there is something that needs your attention.

Cons:

The HR part of the software is not very user intuitive. The options to choose can get fairly confusing. The program doesn't work well with all version of my browser. I have learned to deal with the quirks the program on my browser.

Shana
Office Coordinator in US
Higher Education Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Oracle PeopleSoft Complicated but Functional

Comments: Overall it was challenging first but once you get the hang of it the Software has so many uses and makes my job a little easier that I don’t have to use so many different platforms to access my information as well as the students

Pros:

I use Oracle PeopleSoft is a multifaceted Software and has so many different capabilities and options that keep everything on our campus streamlined from payroll, personal data like direct deposit performance evaluations, queries, student worker data and many more options

Cons:

Since there are so many options and capabilities Oracle PeopleSoft is intimidating at first glance/use. It took some time to get used to navigating between the different screens, learning shortcuts, which buttons to use and when. Still learning all that this Software has to offer

Breanne
Project Manager in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

PO Processing

Comments: Overall the program is amazing and invoice tracking, tracking of GLs and budgets. It helps to consolidate reports to get an overall picture of where you budget is at for various properties. This is a great software for commercial property management.

Pros:

This program is great for processing of POs. It helps to connect both the original PO to the invoice and then offsets once payment is completed. It has amazing reports that can be run project specific so you always know if you job is on budget.

Cons:

This program can be quite cumber-sum and hard to teach to new employees. It is not very intuitive and requires lots of training.

ashley
ashley
customer service anaylst in US
Insurance Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

PeopleSoft

Comments: I use people soft at least 2/3 times a day to pull up my personal information and review recent changes without having to call my employer

Pros:

Makes making Human resource changes such as address/phone very easy. I am able to find most of of the things I am looking too. This includes changing my tax exemptions, updating beneficiaries, looking at my time I have avail. ETC

Cons:

I have no issues at all with people soft everything is easily able to pull up and it always at hand.

HR Manager in US
, 51-200 Employees

Peoplesoft has made managing employees super easy. The customization features are excellent

Comments: It helped manage employee profiles, benefits, talent, and performance management.

Pros:

Being able to customize this product has made setting it up for my company simple and easy. The administration of the product is not too complicated for most individuals. This product is also great for the managers to keep track of their employees.

Cons:

This product is primarily for bigger organizations, which means that the cost is too expensive for the smaller companies.

Taylor
Cash Applications Specialist in US
Accounting Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great for managing accounts

Comments: We use this to manage premium payments, bonus money, commissions, and other monetary transactions as needed for a large insurance company.

Pros:

It’s pretty simple to use once you get the hang of it. A lot of stuff behind the scenes that seems to be customizable to your company’s needs. As a front end user, I’m able to manage various payments to accounts in multiple departments smoothly.

Cons:

It takes some time to learn everything, and when you’re short staffed it can make you wish it was a mute elf explanatory user experience, but nothing we couldn’t work around.

Taraiya
HR Business Parner-Compensation in US
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Peoplesoft For HR is ok if you have full training and know the customization

Comments: Used peoplesoft to for Human Resources to hire new employees, set up compensation, and work assignments, classify them with a specific position number.

Pros:

I liked the ability to house different employee groups, hourly and salary. I also liked the option of having multiple work assignments set up for a single employee to show the different position, along with compensation, ability to track anniversary dates, and the automation of the pay lines that created based on the updates to the employee.

Cons:

The system is complicated and has many layers. I didn't understand the need for the multiple modules for employee groups, and the many screens you had to update to complete updates to an employees persona data. Specifically, updating emergency contact, education info, or address changes were entered on different screens, in setting up new employee instance. I would like the same ability to make those updates enter at the same time same screen since it still personal data. But this could be because of the customization of the organization.

Mohd Irfan
Tevhnical Consultant in India
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Among the good ERP tools

Comments: ERP portal is developed and is being used by many employees

Pros:

The functionality provided is very good , peoplecode can be written as per our choice and requirement , custom objects can be created and used for building the overall look of the system.

Cons:

The tool wont last longer as customising the overlook of the system is cumbersome also new technology are coming to

Quality Assurance Evaluator and Trainer in US
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good, but Complex.

Comments: Great data and storage capacity, comes in handy when searching for students profile information. Very secure and dependable.

Pros:

This program contains a large database and has been reliable for years. We use this daily and it's one of the most used software at the University.

Cons:

It's difficult to navigate if you don't know what you're doing. Firstime users may find it to be a bit complex.

Joanna
Membership Director in US
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees

Oracle PeopleSoft is great for managing your largest resource

Comments: Oracle PeopleSoft is a great tool for your business. I wish my current employer used Oracle PeopleSoft!

Pros:

For many businesses, our largest resource is our workforce. I loved working with Oracle PeopleSoft to manage candidates, employees, communications, financials and more! This was a great tool for our business. As my first experience with HR software, I was pleased to find how easy to navigate PeopleSoft was. Made me feel like an expert out of the gates.

Cons:

I did not have any concerns with Oracle PeopleSoft. Any issues that arose were immediately handled by customer service. I loved how easy it was to use and never had frustrations with PeopleSoft as I have with other software.

Human Resources in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

Great software easy to use and lots of functions

Comments: Great Human Resources and Accounting product

Pros:

The functions and compatibility with other software, PeopleSoft plays well with many other software and a great central key software

Cons:

Expensive to customize and can be a bit frustrating if not customized. PeopleSoft can be built to work well with your company and the stock software can be frustrating without that custom investment

Tanner
Account Manager in US
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees

Works great for our needs

Comments: This has streamlined publishing for us and keeps the team on one page with posting.

Pros:

We use this everyday to keep our team in line with publishing. When it comes to scheduling and posting, this is a great tool!

Cons:

When needing to cancel a scheduled post if you are posting to multiple pages sometimes you have to delete them one by one.

Pia
Project/Tours Manager in Sweden

Made work easier and more efficient

Pros:

I used oracle when working as a buyer planner at Starbucks, I was there as it got implemented, and it made work so much easier. It simplified work and one could get things done more efficient. Instead of having to do several steps, using the program gave you the chance to do things faster and you found information in the system which also made work easier. The support was very good and always at hand.

Cons:

As mentioned I was there for the implementation and it took a while to have all the tools ready and working properly. The system couldn't be used at it's full potential for a while. With the right support and with time it got solved.