• Overall

About Deltek Costpoint

Industry-leading project accounting, labor management, manufacturing and business intelligence solutions

Learn more about Deltek Costpoint

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Deltek Costpoint before?

Juliana L.
Director of Finance in US
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 Employees

Costpoint

4 2 years ago

Comments: This was a lot more time consuming to implement. Other softwares we surveyed before going with CP had a tool that would export our data from quick books into their system. Not sure why CP doesn’t have this feature.

Pros:

The reporting feature. We really liked the cognos relationship, and the ability to export directly to excel as well as upload from excel.

Cons:

The revenue to income statement. I have never worked with an accounting system where once I created and posted an invoice, the total revenue for that product on the income statement is different then what was billed. I do not understand why I have to tell my system to recognize or “pick up” my revenue. It’s redundant and causes a lot of headaches.

Melissa C.
Administrator in US
Environmental Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Convenient All-in-One Tool

5 6 months ago

Pros:

I like that I can switch between daily tasks easily in Costpoint; I an enter payroll and set-up a project all in one place.

Cons:

Sometimes the system freezes and causes unsaved work.

Jade M.
PROCUREMENT MNGR in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 Employees

COSTPOINT IS PRETTY AWESOME

5 2 years ago

Comments: After using it for over a year, I am noticing that a lot of the processes are streamlined which helps with accurate accounting of POs and the information stored for vendors.

Pros:

I like the fact that their interfaces are able to communicate with each other. I also like the ease of use when using the software. It is honestly cut an dry and if you have used various SAP before, you should not have an issue with this one. I transitioned from the US Army using GCSS-Army and the interfaces in costpoint were virtually the same.

Cons:

I like the software, but my company does not or wants to ay for all the modules needed, so I feel as though I cannot use Costpoint to its full potential as I feel it can be used. I hope after this conference I am able to go back to my Company's President and change his mind.

Luther R.
BI analyst III in US
Government Relations, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Good tool for analytics. Mostly prebuilt reports help

4 4 years ago

Comments: I am in the bi team and reporting is easy. I was forecasting was as easy as other tools.

Pros:

Search from any thing is easy. Reporting is easy. Integrated package helps save money. Subcontractor costs calculation - pools is integrated well.

Cons:

Some of the joins in Congo's framework manager do not exist and we had to build again. When. The new release comes to market, we have to add them back.

Dee dee H.
Business Systems Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Data Center Story

4 5 years ago

Comments: We host 9 divisions all on Costpoint and have helped in their migrations all have been successful and able to support all ERP processes at go-live which says a lot about the ease of use and transition to the Costpoint ERP system!

Pros:

Price vs Functionality for Defense Firm. Hits the mark for defense contracting and is easy to configure and transition to in a short timeframe

Cons:

DSM difficult to use.

Kalli S.
Sr. Financial Data Analyst in US

Costpoint is very complex but quite easy to use once you are familiar with it.

4 5 years ago

Pros:

I like that the many different modules are so integrated. The query parameters that you can create for yourself and/or others makes it easy for monthly tasks.

Cons:

I would like Costpoint even more integrated Time & Expense...one database. The reporting functionality needs to be made even more user friendly.

Robert F.
Controller in US

Still figuring out the kinks of the applications, there are still a number of things that need to ou

4 4 years ago

Comments: A more interconnected truer ERP system, definitely an upgrade over legacy system

Pros:

There are good controls if things are set up properly and once you figure out the logic of the different modules and how they interact with each other

Cons:

Some of the screens are not intuitive. For example, only after trial and error was I able to determine the proper order of computing and posting Depreciation on the fixed assets module.

Carmen M.
Sr Systems Analyst in US
Defense & Space, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Costpoint Review

4 2 years ago

Comments: Costpoint is our financial system and it works well for us tracking our government contracts.

Pros:

How the different modules are integrated .

Cons:

The way that hot fixes/patches are released, too cumbersome to apply at times.

Nina B.
Billing Manager in US

Screens

3 3 years ago

Pros:

As a tool for setting up and keeping track of projects it is ideal. Basically, the system is user friendly.

Cons:

There are far too many screens to set up one project. It takes time to navigate between the various screens.

Stacie T.
Accounting Manager in
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Growth is a wonderful thing!

4 5 years ago

Comments: I have been using Deltek products for over 20 years and have witnessed the tremendous growth the company has undergone over the years. I have used Advantage, Impromptu, T&E, and Costpoint. I have seen Costpoint grow from a 'DOS' screen to the more user friendly application that it is today. I do appreciate the ease of use and navigation that has been incorporated into the system. I would like to see more flexibility in the reporting but I understand that other tools fill that requirement. In terms of customer service, I think cases should be evaluated more in detail prior to assigning them to case workers. Often times, we've detailed an issue that we were having and have had customer support fall a little short of solving the problem before moving it to a more seasoned person to assist. By the time that has occurred, precious time has passed. Overall, Deltek products are an essential part of the government contractor community, well done Deltek!

Pros:

User Friendly, Multiple points of information

Cons:

Would like to see improved customer service on Deltek Projects

Tim R.
Senior Project Manager in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 Employees

I was the project manager for an upgrade and the implementation of Expenses in the T & E product.

4 5 years ago

Comments: We have the tool to manage complex projects and the reporting necessary to meet government compliance requirements.

Pros:

Powerful, with lots of capabilities. The Customer support team was an excellent source of knowledge, configuration guidance and problem troubleshooting. The higher level support staff really gets engaged and ensures delivery of a solution.

Cons:

Complexity to configure and learn. Lack of direct integration of Time & Expense. Very expensive Deltek consulting, with a one-day (8-hour minimum charge). The latter led me to choose a partner to support our upgrade instead.

Dawn K.
Payroll Administrator in US

Great system, some learning curves coming from GCS but very easy to use

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Very user friendly. Segmented sections for sep departments makes it easy to control access. Integrated with all of our many other softwares that tie into Costpost

Cons:

I don't like having to build queries for every single report. There should be a default quiery that can be changed according to the need

Mark G.
Program Control in US
Defense & Space, 201-500 Employees

Costpoint review 2016

5 5 years ago

Comments: Costpoint used daily - AR, AP, project setup/modification. Looking forward to using more of the product's functionality.

Pros:

Built-in/add-on analytical tools

Cons:

Navigation

Connor M.
Consultant in US
Defense & Space, 201-500 Employees

Works but not outstanding

4 last year

Comments: It does what you want it to do but could be easier to use

Pros:

It lets you easily enter time billed, fill out daily accomplishments, and submit/save timesheets. Entering time every day doesn’t take too long.

Cons:

The user interface could use some work. A lot of routine things are not intuitive and many errors aren’t explained well. Saving, adding a line item, etc. should be easier and more intuitive.

Ken R.
IT Systems Architect Lead in US
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Improved Support

4 2 years ago

Pros:

My review is from an administration standpoint. When I first started supporting this software, the support from Deltek was less than amazing. Over the last year, I have seen a vast improvement in the quality of the support personnel and the response time. Thank you for making my job easier!

Cons:

Installing updates can be difficult at times. I would like to find an easier way to install updates.

Janice G.
Controller in
51-200 Employees

Complex, Robust GovCon ERP System that is highly customizable with a massive network support system

5 5 years ago

Comments: I first implemented Deltek's Costpoint 14 years ago. It was a huge, complex system back then. But there are advantages to the complexities, highly customizable and capable of handling the regulations and policies of government contracting. Deltek has taken the product and reinvented it time and time again to provide increase functionality and more integration to other necessary products. I'm proud to have Costpoint experience on my resume and I feel it brings my resume added value.

Pros:

Complex, not just anyone can jump in an use it. You have to understand it to fully appreciate its complexity. Excellent for handling the government contracting requirements without the necessity of dozens of spreadsheets.

Cons:

Complex, hard to train new employees. When it breaks it can be frustrating to get an answer.

Patricia P.
AP Manager in US
Accounting Software, 201-500 Employees

Costpoint conversion/Expense implementation

3 2 years ago

Comments: negative

Pros:

not much..everything is not user friendly

Cons:

most everything the BUGS and support.

Ron K.
Project Control Specialist in US
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees

Better than using quickbooks

4 4 years ago

Comments: Helps see expenses easier

Pros:

Gets the job done mostly for helping to see expenses hit. Better accounting system then quickbooks. Time and expense integrates easily with expenses

Cons:

Reports are hard to sort in excel. I would like to be able to sort data in Excel easier to use with pivot tables

Kristin S.
Sr Budget Analyst in US

Customer support has reduced over the years. CP is a stable software but needs periodic fix packs.

4 5 years ago

Pros:

- It has a lot of fields and allows flexibility depending on your company's model. - It is widely (though not in all of our international offices) known

Cons:

- Modules don't automatically connect. Need to run processes to update between them. - Data entry could be streamlined in future versions.

Graham B.
Administrative Systems Manager in
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Costpoint Review v.3

5 5 years ago

Comments: As a new user to Costpoint, I have been impressed by the depth of the Costpoint product and it's capabilities. We have barely begun to scratch the surface of the capabilities of the product, but it currently handles all of our projects and proposals and is the heartbeat of our business.

Pros:

Depth of product Customer support is great

Cons:

Finding where data lives in the database can be tough

Associate Programs Coordinator in Kenya
Research, 51-200 Employees

Great functionality but very expensive

3 3 years ago

Comments: It has very many processes that are complicated and renders the software very challenging to use.

Pros:

Allows the user to conduct various task efficiently and fast. It is also easy to record and track the work time. Offers quick and timely updates to the users.

Cons:

It is very expensive. It also takes lots of time to complete a simple task, because of the many steps involved. Some of these steps seem like duplicate actions.

Melissa O.
Exec dir of finance in US

Implementation was difficult. We had a small team with function experience but not implementation

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Powerful and good accounting functions. Time and expense works the best. Having it be recognized as great government accounting software should make our annual audit go smoother.

Cons:

Not sure about both sides of GL entries. We didn't get a broad overview at the beginning and that has led to difficulty in administration. Pools are hard to troubleshoot.

Sean E.
Business Applications manager in
1,001-5,000 Employees

ERP excellence

4 5 years ago

Comments: Deltek's Costpoint is a leader in project based accounting. I have supported this produst both from a functional and technical standpoint for 15 years and it has few competitors that can outshine it.

Pros:

Ease of access. Multicompany project based. Easy to configure and use.

Cons:

Expensive Technically very complex

Andrea Z.
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Costpoint Review

4 5 years ago

Comments: I have been using Costpoint for about 6 years now, since I started with DELTA. The system was very easy to use. In my new leadership role, I want to make sure that our HR department is using all of the fields the the system provides so that we are using it to its fullest potential. I think we have some areas that we are not fully utilizing that would help in the day to day. Great customer support, quick responses on the help desk. Look forward to potentially using the TM system at some point in the future.

Kathleen D.
Finance Subcontract Analyst in
501-1,000 Employees

Deltek Costpoint Ease of Use

4 5 years ago

Comments: Our company converted to Deltek Costpoint over a year ago. After using Oracle for 15 years, it was a bit overwhelming. However, it did not take long to get into the swing of things.

Pros:

Easy to navigate