Fergus Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Fergus

Top rated all-in-one solution designed for service businesses. Easily manage your jobs from when they come in until they are paid.

Learn more about Fergus

Duncan L.
General Manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2020

"Great product for any Trades company"

Comments: Operational efficiency and purchase accuracy has increased exponentially. We purchased the product at the perfect time as we have been growing and evolving with Fergus. We could not be happier.

Pros: - User interface is very easy for the staff to use, mobile app is very usable to for the field staff. It's really basic but does exactly what we need.

Cons: We are a facilities maintenance plumbing - so an asset management portion of the software would be good as well as the Re occuring function would be very practical for us.

• Reviewed on 08/11/2020
Amy F.
Company Director/ Electrician
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2021

"A far easier way to run the day to day of your business."

Comments: I’ve pretty much gone completely paperless - the calendar and task feature is my diary. The customer support is epic and I love using this software. It’s been a game changer for me.

Pros: How it keeps track of 99% of everything I need to run the day to day side of my business. I dunno how I managed with out it. Everything is attached to the job electronically and you can go back and look up what you need.

Cons: There’s no inventory to track the left over materials from a job to reassign them to another

• Reviewed on 01/09/2021
Daniel G.
Director/Electrician
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2018

"Fergus has been a fantastic tool to manage our growing electrical firm. It is really easy to operate"

Pros: It is a one stop shop "power house" that runs our electrical and heat pump contracting business. It integrates seamlessly to Xero which has made it very simple to implement. We like the ability to track staff when required and the fact that it has a full health and safety component also. The customers enjoy the interface through email and we regard the ability of the system to track and record site related information to be very valuable for all users. By adopting this system we are now seen as professional and progressive with in our town. We are now capturing better information about job costs before we send invoices which has helped us to raise our overall profit margin. We no longer have jobs falling through the cracks at invoicing time either. The scheduling features are fantastic, all staff can see what is on for the week, not just those in the office that can see the whiteboard! The workers on the ground have access to client details which allows them to make contact without input from the office, they also have full job history and quote/estimate information which makes their job easier also. The App runs on any mobile platform which solves the android vs IOS debate, we just use the platform that we like. No software to manage is also a bonus, if we have internet access... were in business! This has been the biggest leap towards a paperless office that we've made so far. We enjoy the friendly knowledgeable helpdesk staff who always answer the phone promptly. Awesome!

Cons: Once you have published a quote, you can no longer edit it... if you find a mistake or want to add something extra to the quote. The search engine on electrical items can be abit poor, maybe it could show frequently selected or used items at the top of the search results list. The financial summary has too much information in it, it is so busy. There could be more price options, we would like to bring on another administrator on a 3 hrs per day basis and another electrical worker on a 2-3 days basis, it is quite expensive for part timers. There is no drawing software in the system for quoting, some others such as Simpro, System fox and Katipult have this on-board. (I think these are usually based on Visio). J A Russell don't API to the system like Corys and Plumbing World do, could be easier for us if they did the same.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2018
Anna W.
Team Leader
Executive Office, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2020

"Fergus for Tradies"

Comments: I use Fergus daily for multiple clients, so I'm quite comfortable with how it works and am now training people in Fergus.

Pros: I love the Dashboard view. Once you've done some training, it's really simple to use and you can't really make an unfix-able error in Fergus.

Cons: The response time from the support team is much slower than a few years ago. I guess that's progress as they're a much bigger company now. However, the personal support and reaction time was fantastic a few years ago.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2020
Chris O.
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"Fergus just works incredibly well. Reliable floorless syncing with Xero, Best I have seen."

Comments: Time sheet Tracking for me and staff, organised and nice looking quotes, quote acceptance via email, Mobile invoicing if needed, a way of back costing jobs fast and easily.

Pros: Upto a few years ago a big part of my business was running blind so I went hunting for a software management program to get us sorted. I tried nearly every program on the market from Tradify, Workflo Max, Service m8, GeOp and many more, I even doubled back and trialed some of them again. I ran through several jobs in each software program but just couldn't find a program that would do what I needed. They all had helpful features but none of them were as fitting as Fergus. Fergus just works well, and is getting better all the time. Quotes are a breeze and invoicing takes me about 30 mins a day. I love using fergus and recommend to any business as a must have.

Cons: The software does everything I need to run my business so cant see any cons. Would be nice if the software had a faster GPS tracking system but I am sure this will come in time.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2018
Louise M.
Accounts Manager
Utilities, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2016

"Fergus works for us"

Comments: We are a busy plumbing and gas fitting business and we find Fergus a great asset to the business. It makes all the day-to-day tasks such as booking jobs, logging time entries, tracking supplier documents, communicating with the team while they are at worksites, tracking customer details, checking past histories for jobs and clients and invoicing, nice and easy. It communicates well with Xero to make bank reconciliation and paying supplier accounts really efficient. If i have had any issues, the Fergus & Xero support has always sorted things out quickly. The main areas where I see the program could improve is some fine-tuning of the recurring jobs feature and it would be really handy to have an "undo" button to remove your last step if you make an error while working.

Pros: It's easy to use and track everything you have done. The functionality for importing supplier documents and attaching files and photos to jobs is great.

Cons: I would like an undo button for when you make a little error on an invoice and don't want to have to go back and start the whole thing again.

by Fergus Software on 25/10/2016

Great to hear that Fergus works well for your team. We've taken your feedback on the undo button and put this into our pipeline.

• Reviewed on 25/10/2016
Deborah P.
Administration Manager
Medical Devices, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2017

"I love love Fergus. It has made my job as admin/ops manager role so much easier."

Comments: A big reduction in time spent on invoicing, the ability to manage jobs better. Time sheets that show the staff's productivity, reporting options for WIP is very valuable at end of month.
Less data input, ability to load purchase invoices and then they can be uploaded to Xero, ability to add photos and notes to jobs, the list goes on - I Love Fergus!!

Pros: I can now manage my time much better with the jobs costings completed in a timely manner for invoicing and can track jobs so much easier.
The reduction in data entry for invoicing is huge for me, as is the reduction of paper I had to juggle!!!. There is less chasing up of staff as to what parts they used, makes the staff much more accountable and so great to be able to see how much of their time is chargeable/nonchargeable
Also what made this system easy for me to pick up was the excellent training provided by their customer support has been awesome.
I'd fully recommend training sessions soon after you sign up, the tutorials are good too, as is the chat button when I had a query.
I wish we had gotten onto this software ages ago.....
I do so love it, thanks, Fergus!!!

Cons: Some parts weren't that user-friendly for starters until you knew what was what from Training sessions.
eg where it looks like the box is already ticked, but it means you have to click on it, I'd rather the box was empty and then you tick it for completion.
Also some of the font colours - grey - do make things a bit tricky, don't know why it couldn't all be black and the more important bits in bold??

• Reviewed on 10/05/2017
Theo M.
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2018

"Really enjoy using Fergus and it has become an essential tool for my business"

Pros: We really like the software as it keeps all job files, materials, labour and communication in one easy to reach system.
Its great for all staff to be able to have access to the same job information and progress.

Cons: The favourites and custom price book features seem to need a lot more work to make them easier to use, for example it would be much easier if we could add a line item or multiple line items from a quote into either favourites or the custom price list by selecting the line items in the quote. Also if you could save a favourite/ custom price book item, then edit it slightly and save the new favourite under a sub heading.

Todd S.
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2018

"best out there by far"

Pros: job costing, ease of crm, estimating, notes and history which recently helped me win a case in court for a customer refusing to pay based on lies. Not a problem with this software, every little detail is tracked.

Cons: no ability to set budgets for site visits or tasks. They set an auto budget based on how you built the estimate however that does little for me at all. I dont have the ability to change, assign or track the budget other than using a spreadsheet and manually inputting them. They have all the data right there it seems silly I have to do this and it would be a Huge Benefit.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2018
Brett H.
CFO
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2018

"CFO"

Comments: what I like:
Can see quotes going out and making sure our sales staff follow up has been great as the visibility in the dash board keeps everyone accountable. The support staff have been great, love the calendar that enables us to allocate work.
what I would like to see improved:
Would like to see better reporting that shows sales and profit in a particular period by sales rep by job using the start date of a job only, WIP report cannot do this.
Email platform being used ends up in spam too much by clients, told by Fergus that this is because the platform used by Fergus is the same as many spammer's?

Pros: Makes everyone in toe organisation accountable

Cons: Reporting very limited, problems with emails not going out to customers, currently trying to resolve and in addition a lot of customers find the emails in spam. Would like to see a CRM.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2018
Amelia G.
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2017

"A must for Tradies"

Comments: We have tried 3 other management tool's and by far Fergus stands out as the winner.
If you want something quick and easy to use on a phone it works great.
The best tool for us however is the quoting feature that then allows us to add variations to the job and all report under the one Job code - Love this tool :O)
The Support Team are always really helpful and respond quickly to emails.
I have found in the time we have used Fergus they are always enhancing the capabilities of the tool.

Pros: Quoting and variation to jobs reporting

Cons: Nothing that I don't like

• Reviewed on 05/03/2017
Pete S.
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2018

"Fergus review"

Comments: I have captured all our jobs in progress which is why I opted for Fergus but I think the system itself could be simpler to operate, far to may steps to get to the invoicing stage which means far too many ways to make an error.
Example, there are 4 different places a job description can be entered, and if you want to change that, you have to change all 4 individually, plus change it invoicing.

Pros: Captures all jobs in progress all staffs time and materials, the importing of invoices is great.

Cons: Doesn't not do credits, sometimes we are required to give credits for labour and or materials, not only do we need to go back in time and see these credits to fresh our memory on what we did and why we did it, our customer's want t see a credit in an invoice format, only way to do a credit is in MYOB and because Fergus makes changes to that software, the format in which is prints is disgusting and I cant issue those to our customers, not very professional at all

• Reviewed on 22/11/2018
Ann J.
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2018

"Fergus is easy to use, it draw together so many aspects of the business into one package."

Pros: The best part is having all the administration in one place rather than hundreds of pieces of paper everywhere. It saves time in the office and is user friendly for our plumbers on the tools and office staff.

Cons: There are a couple of little things I find frustrating but they are pretty minor, one is I would like the option to use a retail minus function when invoicing, at times some of the users have trouble saving things on the ipad but I'm not quite sure why this happened.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2018
Dave D.
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2018

"Trade software"

Comments: Awesome on the go software for keeping track of materials and expenses on multiple jobs. Being able to invoice quickly and change any margins in the field. This increases cash flow and reduces time waiting for invoices to be paid!

Pros: Easy of use. Multi platform. Invoicing in the field!

Cons: Reconciling paid invoices manually. Add on costs on top of the professional plan

• Reviewed on 29/11/2018
Delicia O.
Office Administrator
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"Makes the job easier"

Comments: whatever I need to do is easy to find and clearly shown.

Pros: Its clear and describes the product well, very user friendly too

Cons: I have nothing to change on this system.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Paul M.
Why
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self Employed

"Positive"

Comments: Less office time, good understanding of where time is spent

Pros: Multi platform, built for small business, integration to Xero, relatively simple to use, saves me time

Cons: Lack of fields in parts database, no link to google calendar, no subtotals to match sub headings in quotes and invoices, no photos linked to parts

Timothy M.
Timothy M.
Owner Operator
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2018

"Excellent App, phenomenal all round,"

Pros: Ease of use, customisable, extensive features, customer support, price. No downtime, local and fast support, able to run my business off an iPhone and iPad. Integrates with Xero brilliantly, no need to manually transfer files over.

Cons: After using this app for almost a year I am yet to find a con, I have used similar programs in the past which are much larger and more expensive but don't have the Features that Fergus has. Brillant App.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2018
Gareth T.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2018

"Fergus has helped streamline our work - we couldn't live without it now."

Comments: Steamlined our workload. One point for all information about all jobs. Great scheduling and calendar functions, as well as communication tools for clients and staff.

Pros: Photos in the jobs, tracking where the workers are, favorites for quoting, notes and communication trail in each job.

Cons: The inability to modify parts of Fergus to better suit our business. We operate differently from most sparkys and plumbers, and the mobile app could be simplified for our use.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Benjamin F.
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"Fergus"

Pros: The formats, linking with my supplier and Xero.

Cons: I do not have any cons about the product

• Reviewed on 11/10/2018
Orla R.
Veterinarian
Veterinary Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2020

"Value for money."

Comments: Really easy to use . Easy access to help if required.

Pros: Ease of use. I am not technologically minded.
Quick. Easy to access .

Cons: Can’t add interest to overdue invoices .

• Reviewed on 13/06/2020
Tristram B.
Electrician
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2017

"Great App Highly recommended"

Comments: we love using fergus software as it makes invoicing easy out on the road and works well with xero.

Pros: easy to use

Cons: don't know if you can convert a invoice back to a quote.
does not automatically get invoices from electrical suppliers yet.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2017
Lisa M.
Administration
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2017

"Great software to make trades life easier"

Comments: We love using the Fergus system. Its very user friendly for all ages.
The schedules are so nice to work with as you can see clearly how much work you have booked for your week

Pros: - Looking at the weekly schedule, customers call for a job and you can see straight away weather we have someone available or not.
- Time keeping is nice and accurate

by Fergus Software on 03/02/2017

Thanks Lisa! Love to hear how Fergus is helping you.

• Reviewed on 02/02/2017
Ryan W.
Building Materials, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2017

"Time Saver"

Comments: This job app software is amazing! It has cut my office time in half and my billing has been more accurate. Easy to use on the phone day to day.

Pros: easy to use

Cons: No calendar app on the phone

• Reviewed on 15/02/2017
Donna K.
Office administrator
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2017

"Fergus Review"

Comments: Easy to set up with Fergus via Skype, easy to use, all time and materials are a lot easier to keep track of, great customer support.

Pros: Ease of use and customer support, being able to import supplier documents and allocate to jobs

Cons: Not being able to create credits to customers

• Reviewed on 19/01/2017
Melissa B.
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2018

"Wow....... Fergus is the best for small trade businesses"

Comments: One stop shop for managing mobile crews, tracking, and customer communications.

Pros: I have used various platforms across a wide range of trader services, however I have never come across one that is so user friendly. It provides everything from quote, through to scheduling, GPS tracking, and email/sms communications to clients all from one platform.

Cons: no cons to speak of. Great software, outstanding support. Only change I'd like to see is ability for quotes to add suggested time for scheduling, and preferred staff to carry out job.