• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.9 /5

About SmartrMail

SmartrMail is an easy-to-use email marketing app that helps you send better email for your store. Integrates with Shopify and more.

Learn more about SmartrMail

Philippa M.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"SmartrMail Review"

Comments: We are able to stay in contact with customers through email and have created some beautiful campaigns which SmartrMail has helped us send. The customer service is always helpful and if you have any hiccups or challenges, they will help you through to find a solution.

Pros: Designing our own emails in InDesign, it is easy to then import GIFs and images into the emails for our weekly newsletter. For weekly emails, the system is intuitive and easy to use.
With the assistance of the team from Smartrmail, we've been able to create a range of automated campaigns to target customers and upsell other products.
The customer service team is great and reply to help requests very promptly.

Cons: Setting up automated campaigns and creating audiences with certain rules can be rather complex and easy to make errors, so it is essential you work with the Smartrmail team on this.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Brett L.
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"Been making an average of 35x ROI over 11 months"

Comments: Overall we have been making a very good return while using only the most basic features like abandon cart, auto product recommendations, manual sales campaigns and thank you emails.

Pros: The auto product recommendations a super simple and have been really effective at generating consistent revenue.

Cons: I would like the ability to upload custom fonts and create product review follow ups.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2019
Nancy N.
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2019

"The best email marketing app"

Comments: Our delivery rate to our customers inbox is up, our bounce rate is down and our overall stats look much heathier than 6 months ago.

Pros: Love, Love & Love the amazing customer service! Rep and his team never stop impressing me with their fantastic help and suggestions. Easy to use. Hasn't failed us yet. Clean and crisp presentation.

Cons: Looking forward to updates to customize funtions in the design template.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2019
Aida R.
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2018

"Great product and exceptional customer service and support"

Comments: 1. Saves time
2. Emails look professional
3. Automation helps you focus on other parts of business

Pros: SmartrMail is so easy to use - no experience or training necessary. Plus integration with our website makes it easy to add products including products descriptions, price images etc. What used to take me an hour to do using other mail service platforms, it takes about 15 minutes now. Smartrmail saves a lot of time and emails just look so much better and professional. Couldn't go back to anything else now. Plus customer support is just exceptional - if you have any questions or need suggestions. 10/10 for software and support.

Cons: There is nothing that I don't like. This is a complete package.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2018
Sarah K.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2018

"Email database management that makes you money while you sleep"

Pros: The customer segmentation for auto emails. Reporting on actual revenue and easy of use.

Cons: No automatically emailed invoice each month. It’s a bit of a pain to have to go in and retrieve your invoice for accounting purposes

Matthew L.

"SmartrMail Review"

Pros: Smartmail links directly with our Neto e-commerce platform which means its fast and easy to add products to our mailouts.

Cons: The product database is not updated immediatley but this is only a small issue.

Sheeraz H.
VP Sales
Fine Art, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2018

"A handy tool"

Comments: A pretty handy tool really. Was using mailchimp but got annoyed with their lack of support and found automations complicated. They have some sophisticated features to be played around with. The auto product emails and suggestions are quite relevant and takes care of half the work. There's room for improvement but a much needed upgrade from the old emailing tools.

Pros: Good sensible support, explained things properly.

Cons: there were a couple of bugs but were fixed on contact

• Reviewed on 29/10/2018
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2019

"Easy to use, great value"

Comments: I use Smartrmail for 2 sites from Neto. I have automated emails on and do newsletters. Very easy to set up, and saves me time to use on other parts of my businesses

Pros: Integrates easily with my site, email template creator is easy to use

Cons: Some of the help documents can be hard to find, but the support guys are great at pointing in the right direction

• Reviewed on 06/03/2019
Jessy C.
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2019

"Super responsive & helpful, always!"

Comments: The Smartrmail team are incredibly responsive, and often go above and beyond with their detailed and thoughtful replies.

Pros: The software is niche and suits my business (online retail specialising in fashion and fine jewellery) to a tee.

Cons: I have nothing negative to report about this software.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2019
Teresa M.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2019

"New client experience"

Comments: I am excited to see how Smartrmail adds value to our customer experience and in turn equates to increased sales.

Pros: The support system! Not being tech savvy, the support given already has been invaluable. From what I can see so far the ease of integration and embedding of products etc into emails seems amazing.

Cons: Yet to find anything I don't like yet as it's early days.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2019
Doug B.
Service Manager
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2020

"Great Customer Service"

Comments: Every time I require any help the response is fast and from highly professional people whom are very knowledgeable. I would recommend SmartrMail purely based on their brilliant customer service.

Pros: The customer service is exceptional. The product is easy to use and works well with Neto.

Cons: Slow accessing subscribers as only displays a few subscribers at a time.

• Reviewed on 26/08/2020
Allan K.
Marketing
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"Easy to use, Easy to migrate"

Pros: The layout and design of the UI makes it very easy to use. The support we received in migrating from our previous ESP was incredible. Very helpful and fast to respond.

Cons: There are some limitations to what content can be included in an email and formatting/layout of linked products is pretty rigid. I'd like to see more options for product field insertion (was price/Sale price, promo end date, review ratings, etc...)

• Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Daryl B.
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2020

"Well worth the investment in time and money"

Comments: Connecting with customers quickly and easily

Pros: It is continually being upgraded asnd well supported.

Cons: Rome wasn't built in a day. Everything takes time to perfect features and for users to learn them.

• Reviewed on 25/05/2020
Rusty R.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2020

"Excellent Product, Even better Service."

Pros: The product is excellent, and full of hidden gems as you get to know it more. The customer service is top shelf.

Cons: There is a learning curve to be able to unlock the true power. Though, the excellent service makes this pretty easy to navigate.

• Reviewed on 13/07/2020
Kristie R.
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Fantastic product for our business"

Comments: Our overall experience has been great. We have better insight as to who is viewing our emails, the links they click on from our email to access our website and the sales we generate from the emails we send out.

Pros: Very easy to use. I am able to create newsletters within 10 minutes (compared to approx. 45 mins on the previous software we used).
The reports provide good insight as to how successful each marketing campaign has been.

Cons: The cost can be prohibitive for small businesses but it is still cheaper than some of the competitors.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Harrison H.
Marketing Assistant
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Tools.com Smartrmail Review"

Comments: As an e-commerce business, SmartrMail has helped us save a significant amount of time by utilising the workflows for emails such as the welcome and thank you emails.

Pros: One of the key factors of our decision to use SmartrMail as our email marketing software is the implementation with Neto. Being able to share and use data through both SmartrMail and Neto is so easy when compared to other email marketing softwares. With that, being able to create templates and designs is very user friendly which makes my time as a user a lot less stressful. The ease of syncing data such as products and other information for e-commerce is fantastic.

Cons: There are still some limitations with the design such as fonts but I can imagine there are reasons for this. The email composer could potential be expanded upon by adding a number of new creative techniques which can result in a greater feel and look on the emails.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2021
Tracie R.
Business Owner
Automotive, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2020

"SmartrMail the smart way to reach out for return customers"

Comments: All my questions were answered promptly and someone took the time to go through how do things as well as set up a an automation that was ready to use straight away, and that I could copy from when I wanted to create new ones too. I was really worried that support would fall away as soon as my trial ended but support is continuous and communication is top notch. I cannot speak highly enough of the people that have helped me. I am a small business that runs everything by myself so my time is very valuable. I spend a bit of time to set things up and SmartrMail puts things in motions at the set date. I do last minute checks to ensure the content is still the message I want sent. Staff are happy to send links and other relevant information relating to marketing strategies so I can learn as I go. I really doesn't get simpler than that for a business owner like me.

Pros: I love many things about SmartrMail. It's versatile and functionality is awesome. The integration into NETO was simple and I got the assistance I needed to help me fix a minor glitch. I love SmartrMails ability to select relevant items to suggest to my customers based on what they have purchased and the many other facets that come into play that are way above my comprehension. I don't need to be a marketing guru!

Cons: Aww maybe the price but don't we all want everything for less? The price is still fair but I wouldn't support it if it was much more.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2020
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"love the plugin ability"

Comments: This has helped increase our marketing revenue by over 30% - which is oustanding for our business.

Pros: I love the simple fact that this email marketing automation software easily plugs into shopify stores.

Cons: I didn't like the UI and how it was tricky to understand flows to flows. There needed to be a way to more easily identify the customer journey.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Noah G.
eCommerce & Digital Marketing Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2020

"Absolute essential for use with Neto eCommerce"

Pros: The SmartrMail system integrates flawlessly with Neto, which gives it access to all our product and customer details; making it easier for us to make it easier for our customers to order more! The instant chat support is amazing to help get set up easily and have everything working exactly how you need it.

Cons: The email design process is a little bit awkward to get used to, but once you're used it, it becomes very easy to make great looking campaigns.

• Reviewed on 05/08/2020
Shane G.
Founder & Owner
Printing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2019

"Great service, excellent support"

Comments: Initially I wanted to look for an alternative to Infusionsoft due to cost, but then after working with the SmartrMail guys and having a chat with them I could see the tight integration with the E-Commerce side would be very helpful with segmenting our list / sales etc.

Pros: full integration with NETO shopping cart has enabled us to get rid of Infusionsoft.

Cons: Like any new software, just have to learn a few new things and ways of doing things. But it's actually been quite smooth.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2019
Craig F.
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2020

"Great Software, easy to use, professional results"

Comments: A great experience and highly recommend this product, if your short on time and need something that integrates well with your other platforms, then this is the product for you

Pros: Ease of use, templates and professional result

Cons: Nothing, the software and features for price perform very well

• Reviewed on 10/02/2020
James D.
marketing
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2020

"easiest software to use"

Pros: very intuitive integrates well with neto grabbing pictures and info from your site and you tube plug in is awesome

Cons: difficult to say as i really like this software package

• Reviewed on 22/09/2020
Nikki T.
Busines Owner / Manager
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2020

"Cheaper than Mailchimp with practical functionality."

Comments: Great customer service and help when needed.

Pros: We use Smartrmail with out Shopify store and really enjoy it. Pulled our email list out of mailchimp over 6 months ago as it was just getting too expensive. Smartrmail has all the functionality I need without being overly complicated.
Just realised it does 2 way sync with Shopify so if a subscriber purchased once, but more than 2 years ago, and then makes a new purchase in our Shopify store, they'll be labelled as " Repeat customer" since there will be 2 orders in this subscribers' profile in your Shopify store.
This is great so that customers repeat business is recognised.
Thank you Smartrmail.

Cons: Nothing major just took a little bit of getting used to the autosave as I was used to saving everything I did manually in mailchimp. Not a software problem, just a person problem ;-P

• Reviewed on 08/07/2020