• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.5 /5

About Homebase

Time clocks, employee scheduling, and team management for small but mighty businesses. 100k+ businesses love Homebase. You will too.

Learn more about Homebase

Bryce K.
Recreation Director
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2021

"Overall great team communication software"

Comments: We have been using it for over 2 years and we have explored other options but always come back to basecamp because it is easy to use, cost-effective, and reliable.

Pros: keyword search options, project creation for teams, to-do lists, individual communications with team members, the fee includes unlimited team members (a big selling point for an agency on a budget),

Cons: The only flaw I can think of is I wish that customer service had live chat.

Katherine O.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2021

"Great Product!"

Comments: Very happy with this product. I'm a new business owner and was overwhelmed by the choices out there. We're glad we picked Homebase.

Pros: Easy to learn and easy to use. Fairly intuitive. Meets our needs.

Cons: Not many cons, to be honest. It does everything we need, but we haven't explored the "higher functions" yet. We're pretty basic.

• Reviewed on 26/01/2021
Matt K.
Administrator
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2020

"Homebase"

Comments: When we first launched we had a programming issue where the time clock would crash once a day. The team at Homebase was quick to address the issue and put us in contact with the development team who got us on a beta version of the next release. This fixed our issue and the team at Homebase was responsive and open to feedback as we previewed the upcoming release. I have had representatives from Homebase reach out to my multiple times for feedback on their products. It is refreshing to see a company openly solicit feedback from their user base in an effort to improve their product. Every interaction I have had with their staff has been positive.

Pros: Homebase has been the perfect time clock system for our business. It was easy to configure and with the entire system web based I can monitor our staffing when I am off site. We use a wall mounted iPad to clock in and out which was less expensive than many physical time clocks. My staff has enjoyed having access to their Homebase dashboard where they can easily review their punches/total hours. One of the best features is the ability to specifically define your pay periods. Many systems only offer weekly, biweekly, or monthly with no customization of dates. Homebase allows complete customization for when you would like you pay periods to start and end. I have also used their hiring tool. It is by far and away the easiest tool I have used to publicly post to multiple job sites at once. It is very straight forward and has been a great resource in helping us in our hiring.

Cons: I don't have any cons. It is a quality product and the team at Homebase has been quick to respond to any issues we have had.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2020
David G.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"HomeBase Employee Scheduling"

Comments: We LOVE HomeBase. It helps with scheduling of employees at our different stores with ease, especially working with part-time employees who need to block out their unavailability. Also like the TineOff request capability, so my managers can plan ahead for coverage. Out team members like the communications capability to request shift exchanges as well. Out store managers love the Time-keeping (clockIN and clockOUT) capabilities and late reminders. I like how easy it is to export the employees time-worked to our payroll software.

Pros: This is a very simple to use software and it is very easy to train our store managers to use it. It also gives visibility to All team members who is scheduled and for what shift.

Cons: It is really the best scheduling software. I do not have anything negative to day about it. The only thing that I wish it has, is the ability to have another layer of management report view that would allow my General manager to see that exclude those reports reserved for me as the owner. Current levels are "owner/general mgr", "store manager" and "user". It would be nice to separate "owner" reports from "general manager" reports.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2019
Becky H.
Co-Owner

"we LOVE homebase."

Comments: Such a great experience - and they are so helpful too!

Pros: We have a few off-site jobs, not another location - but we are a food truck. So our shifts, timing, and dates and regularity change ALL the time. Homebase allows you to create and manipulate shifts, their names, times, etc. A lot of other platforms do now have as much customization available. AND its easy to create and change templates, as well as create and change schedules from a computer, phone, or ipad.

Cons: I wish we had options for printing, so that we could manipulate the format a little bit more. But its still quite strong. Also, sometimes the communication between our POS and Homebase has issues. Not too often, but it would be so, so nice if they spoke to each other and updated more smoothly.

William T.
Account Manager
Public Safety, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2021

"I could NOT Schedule without Homebase!!!!"

Comments: I could NOT conduct my scheduling without this product!!! It makes scheduling both easy and fun!!! I can print out my schedules in different views for different levels of approval. I will NEVER use another product!!!

Pros: I love the fact that you can see from start to finish your scheduled shifts. I can see my coverage in advance and adjust on the fly. I love that fact that each employee can have their scheduling without having to come into the office to see a sheet of paper. I schedule out every two weeks, so my staff can see their schedules and even trade with each other if they would like. I can also see who has or hasn’t seen their schedule so I know exactly who to call for clarification.

Cons: I would like to see a way to have real time coverage bars indicating who is on duty with an option to view their time on shift in a bar setting (like the schedule view) so that I don’t have to look at numbers.

Dawn F.
Med Surg Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2020

"Great for Critial Access Hospital"

Comments: It was really easy to set up, and its really easy to customize. I am still fine tuning things, but I can't believe how much time I save by using Homebase. We use it for a small rural hospital, and the nurses always have access to their schedules, can switch shifts and the touch of a button. I can't say enough about the support staff, they are always easy to deal with and follow up to make sure the issue was settled. The software is always being upgraded, and I love the new feature where I can see when they requested the shift and when it was approved. I can show the staff the information, and they can't argue that they didn't know they had that shift. So many great features.

Pros: The software is very easy to use, very easy to customize. I always have our schedule in my hand because it's on my phone. I'm able to most everything on my phone that I can do on my laptop. New staff have no difficulty navigating through the functions. Has made my life so much better

Cons: In the beginning there were some little kinks that I had to figure out, like some functions I can't see on the monthly view that I can see on the weekly view, but any questions I had were found on the help tab or my chatting with Homebase staff.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2020
Michael H.
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"The Eatery & More"

Comments: Before, our business was using paper schedules and there would always be problems when it needed to be changed for whatever reason. Homebase has helped us better communicated with one another. People can see their schedule where ever they are and can talk to team-members whenever needed. It has been a great asset to our business.

Pros: I like that my team all have access to the schedule as soon as it comes out. The ability for them to request days off on the app is amazing because I do not have to remember all the days, it comes up while I'm making the schedule. The ability for my team to clock in and out on their phones makes it easy and efficient and the ability to track where they did so is very reassuring. Everyone on the team is also able to message on it which means everyone can be in contact even without everyone sharing their phone numbers. The ability for the team to see who they are working with and in what positions is a great bonus too.

Cons: I would love to be able to put on the schedule that we are closed on certain days (for holidays or other reasons) just as a reminder for the team. I would also like an option to remove employees without having to terminate them. In cases with students going back to college but working on breaks or families taking maternity leave, they don't need to notifications from Homebase, but they are still planning on continuing to work later on.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Kaitlynn R.
Owner/Operator
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"The Features I Need for Free"

Pros: I get to schedule employees and they get to see it on their phones, check schedules, ask for time off, trade shifts, and get reminded to come to work an hour before their shift starts! I can change timecards on the back end if I need to, see how many hours I have scheduled, and estimate what payroll will be. It's easy to clock in and out in the app and Homebase keeps up with the times for pertinent questions to ask when they clock in.

Cons: Trying to shedule a shift from the app will make the schedule go off. You put in one time and then it changes it 2 hours for some reason, not a big deal, it usually schedule from my laptop anyway.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Claire C.
Graphic Designer
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2020

"Helpful and Easy Communication"

Comments: We switched from Slack because homebase puts scheduling/time-off requests/shift trades all in one place and allows employees to do some of that work on their own. Hooray!

Pros: I love the ease of communication Homebase allows with employees. No need to exchange personal numbers and all of the communication is one place. Also allows employees to clock in and out from their devices which is awesome when your the point of sale is also the clock and out spot. This way, we don't have to interupt the workflow to clock in and out. Also really like how Homebase shows your earnings per shift. No guess work at what your hourly paycheck will be!

Cons: My biggest complaint is just that there seems be a lag between the time you check a notification and the time it takes to refresh. So the app will show that I have a new notification when it's actually something I have already checked on. Not a huge deal, but makes me feel like I'm missing something when I'm really not. I could also live without a notification asking if I have clocked out of my shift any time I work past by specified hours. For Example, shift ends at 11:30 but I don't clock out until 11:45 - I get at least one if not 2 text asking if I forgot to clock out.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2020
Martha E.
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2021

"If you own a business, you must have Homebase."

Comments: It was a life safer for us. one of our employees demolished our former time clock system. I went online to find something to save us, that we could afford, covid 19 had us closed for 2 months. No money coming in.
There your company was, easy to set up, could use any where we could get on internet, we have 10 computers in the building.

Pros: The Time Clock. is very vital to us. Also the fact that it shows the break. It shows me if they didn't clock out for there break. our employees are told when they are hired, if you don't take you break.... thanks for the donation, it will be subtracted from your time.
The scheduling is just as important, people need to know when they work, it is wonderful that it goes to there phones, not just hanging on a wall, for them to say, " I didn't know"

Cons: I really really wish I could copy and paste in the scheduling part.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2021
Katie K.
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2021

"Time clock/HR pro review"

Comments: Please see above under "pros". Pretty much sums it up. Easy to use as an administrator and for employees. I would recommend creating and HR pro tab from the homepage rather than navigating through the "team" tab.

Pros: I think it is fairly simple to use and for all questions I have I generally get quick answers from support. The free HR support offered during the pandemic was very generous and we ended up signing up. In past reviews I have stated that I think your pricing should be based on a sliding scale depending on how many employees a business has. For someone like myself, who only has 2 hourly employees I don't need to use HR pro much and may not be able to justify $800+ for annual renewal for minimal assist and usage. I do like the onboarding paperwork feature that was added as well.

Cons: I don't like that when publishing a schedule, the default on my version is to update all employees. Unfortunately, we had to furlough employees and if I don't manually change it, it defaults to alert all on our team even though they don't have a schedule or employed by us currently.

Scott G.

"We LOVE Homebase!"

Comments: Homebase is the best scheduling platform I’ve used since I’ve been in the business nearly 20 years.

Pros: Homebase has all of the features that our small business needs from scheduling, to forecasting, employee messaging, business development tools, and it is all incredibly intuitive and easy to use! I’ve used several scheduling platforms over the years and we’ll stick with Homebase from here on out!

Cons: There’s nothing to not like about this product. The customer service is top notch so if you ever have an issue, it will be resolved to your satisfaction and they’re always inquiring about potential features we may be interested in.

Anna S.
General manager
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2020

"Good stuff"

Pros: I really like the geo clock and functioning with employees using their mobile phones instead of store equipment

Cons: Cost and reporting could be more detailed to be more HR equipped

• Reviewed on 29/07/2020
Ash B.
Executive Co-Director
Museums & Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2020

"Amazing Solution for Small Nonprofit"

Comments: If it wasn't for the free option, as well as the Clover integration, we would still be manually recording employees' hours. Since we're able to use a digital solution, I'm can pull timesheets and submit payroll from anywhere. As a very small team, my day to day varies drastically — but as long as I have my phone or laptop with me, I never have to worry about accessing employee timecards.

Pros: As a small nonprofit museum, the best part of the software is the availability of a free version. It has all the basic necessities of a digital time clock, plus it is integrated into our Clover register and employees can download the app to clock-in for remote work.

Cons: Our pay schedule isn't normal. Instead of being weekly or bi-weekly, we run payroll twice a month (on the 15th and the last day of the month). THANKFULLY, there is an option for this in the settings, but the dates that our payroll periods begin on isn't the same from one month to the next. So, every pay period I have to go into the settings on a web browser and update the start dates. Unfortunately, the only solution that Homebase could provide is a more complex algorithm that would take into account what the last day of the month is, as well as adjusting the date if it falls on a weekend since our payroll company process the pay run on Friday instead of the exact date if that date falls on a Saturday or Sunday.

Kathy G.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"HomeBase Scheduling is the Bomb"

Comments: Scheduling is always a pain to make sure shifts are adequately covered. HomeBase make this headache so much simpler to handle.

Pros: Ease if use, adaptability, manager notification, team communication, documentation of absence, mobile access, etc. are all so easy to use and makes life easier for scheduling coverage for shifts.

Cons: Some reporting features are hard to understand how to run them. Also for additional features, it requires upgrading to more expensive subscriptions.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Melissa V.
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2020

"Easy to use, affordable and convinient"

Pros: I love how Home base is very easy to navigate. There are lots of features that help manage employees and keep up with reports. For house keeping industry I find it makes my life a lot easier.

Cons: No cons about Home base but if they would allow for more employee details in Team set up that would be awesome and beneficial.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2020
Kayla M.
Receptionist
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees

"Customizable Pricing Plans"

Comments: The only benefit for us right now is to have the time clock.

Pros: I like the time clock feature, but that is basically all that we use in our "plan" because most of the other features don't apply to us.

Cons: I wish you could customize your different pricing options a little bit more. We could really use the vacation tracking along with customizable breaks, but can't justify paying significantly more for the next level as we won't use ANYTHING else that is included. For example, for our company we would use the scheduling calendar, the time clock to track hours & breaks, along with being able to add 'Holiday' hours so they would show up when we print the time sheets along with PTO or vacation time. It would be SO easy for us and our employees to be able to keep track of their vacation and make sure that they're getting paid, but again, we cannot justify paying for the "Plus" plan because we wouldn't use ANY of the other features besides the Time Off Policies. We don't even use HALF of the features that we pay for with the "Essentials" plan because they're not applicable to our business.

Aloysius N.
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2020

"Homebase scheduling"

Comments: My overall experience has been great, the system is effective and efficient and I save time and money by utilizing Homebase.

Pros: I have been using Homebase Scheduling for over two years and I will not use anything else, this system makes my life so easy with putting together my weekly schedule - the most important part of the process, I don't have to be in the office to do my work - I can access the system anytime and anywhere, all I need is internet access. I will not use any other system, even if it was free.

Cons: Cons; I hope that more training would be offer when it comes to operating and finding out some of the functionality of the system.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2020
Events Manager
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2018

"Homebase is the best scheduling software!"

Comments: Organization, communication, efficiency, ease of mind

Pros: I use Homebase on the daily to manage scheduling for my team of 10. It's incredibly efficient, easy to use, and keeps me and my team organized. Our staff's schedules tend to change on the fly with last minute bookings given our private event business, and Homebase is the perfect platform for me to communicate these changes to my team in real time. It's also a great way to manage time-off requests, monitor work hours for our part-timers and hourly employees, and coordinate shifts that need covering. They also have a very responsive customer service team, with options like Live Chat. I strongly recommend the software to smaller teams with hourly employees or contractors!

Cons: It'd be great to have a 'jump to X date/week' option. I view our staff's schedule on a weekly basis, and while you can jump to a monthly calendar view, I'd love an option to type in a specific date and it cue up the weekly schedule from there.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2018
Teresa C.
Grandmaster of Ninjas
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2018

"Best Scheduling Tool for Small Businesses"

Comments: Overall experience with Homebase has been exceptional. We used another scheduling tool in the past and it was much too complicated and difficult to look at.

Pros: I thoroughly enjoy the Homebase platform and its ease of use. Everything is color coordinated, which is my favorite part. I use this to schedule my employees for all my locations. My employees enjoy it too because they can request time off, trade shifts, and see when they are scheduled on their phone. I also love the stats where I can keep track of sales and labor - and it links up all my locations which is a plus!

Cons: There honestly isn't anything I dislike about the software. I use it mainly for scheduling, but it does so much more than that. I would maybe like to customize admin roles a little more for better security, but that isn't entirely necessary.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2018
Rob S.

"Homebase is great"

Comments: Its always worked great! Also the ease of asking health questions to staff during Covid-19 is Great.

Pros: The Communication has never been better because of Homebase

Cons: nothing it works great! Very easy to just turn on through clover and get started

Jess V.
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2020

"Great for Small Business Clock ins and Tip Claiming!"

Comments: I've contacted them a few times for assistance, and they have solved the problem every time. Very friendly, not pushy.

Pros: We were looking for a time clock app that let us claim tips. Homebase was FREE! We are a small brewery opening our seasonal Brewery on a farm nearby. We loved the fact we could claim tips, and it's so easy to issue everyone their own personal pins. We have brewers that work out of 2 locations, so it's great they can just clock in and out on their personal cell phones!

Cons: That I had to pay to establish wage/roles for my employees! We are a small business without a lot of revenue.

Sheeba V.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2021

"Amazing Ease of Use, Great Value & Feature Rich for Small Businesses"

Comments: The overall experience has been extremely positive and we have dramatically reduced entering time, processing payroll effort & errors in processing timesheets / payroll for all our employees.

Pros: Home has extremely no fuss Time Tracking software that can be deployed on phones, tablets etc. The overall interface is very modern and provides seamless HR workflow from posting hiring advertisements, hiring employees, time tracking and payroll. There's great integration across all their HR functions and lots of pre-built integrations with other payroll services to seamlessly transfer timesheet data across vendors. In addition to ease of use, their support is phenomenal and they respond quick and to the point.

Cons: No real issues, but they recently launched their Payroll service and as expected for a new service, they are still building out workers compensation integration.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2021
Brian R.
Owner of a restaurant
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2020

"Homebase is a great free product for scheduling and HR resources"

Pros: Free! No cost unless you want to use some upgraded features it does labor payroll, scheduling timesheets and lots of
Other features

Cons: Sometimes it doesn’t integrate with our clover pos system perfectly and it asks employees to clock in on multiple stations at different times.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2020