• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Homebase

Time clocks, employee scheduling, and team management for small but mighty businesses. 100k+ businesses love Homebase. You will too.

Learn more about Homebase

Showing 25 reviews of 478

Heather B.
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2020

"Happy Manager"

Comments: The homebase team has been nothing but helpful and supportive, and are always willing to take suggestions.

Pros: I love that there is an app connected to the schedule and other features! A huge plus is my team being able to put in their own time off, and request shift trades or covers through the app as well.

Cons: The scheduler can run slowly, and it would be nice to be able to organize job applicants a little better.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2020
Joshua L.
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2020

"Much more than the Software we needed"

Comments: We needed a better way of tracking time and calculating salary. Manual entry and spreadsheets were all we hoped to replace, but Homebase has made us realize how much time we used to spend in scheduling and payroll. Now we can do scheduling while on the road, on a trip or make last-minute changes on the fly. Basically, more beach time and less office work. I have shared the benefits of Homebase with many of our affiliate companies.

Pros: First off......It is free for basic features. I love that it has an app for phone and tablet use. It is very intuitive and easy to learn. Staff can track their time and their salary. I could make a huge list here, but basically it is the software we needed, but now we can't live without it.

Cons: Some of the features are a little on the expensive side when purchasing plans, but mostly because of our exchange rate.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2020
Wayne H.
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2016

"A comprehensive, user friendly application that offers must-have features"

Comments: This application was offered as part of our new Clover POS system. I began to use it to set up the employee schedules for a small (seven employee plus owners) business. The more I used it, the more impressed I was with it. It provides every function that a small business like ours needed, taking a very tedious and error prone process and making it easy and transparent to handle. Being able to delegate certain tasks to key employees, auto notices sent for upcoming shifts, notification if someone hasn't clocked in within a set period for their shift, labor rate vs revenue analysis, end of year tax information gathering...and this was all in the free version that came with Clover! All in all, I am both impressed and pleased with this package. It looks to me like the right team wrote the right code for the right objectives at the right price. How often does that happen in the software world?

Pros: Ease of use, nailed key functions needed, intelligent navigation, visually uncluttered despite having a lot of functionality.

Cons: It is not a shortcoming of the software but of non-technical users. The biggest problem I have had is bringing along the technophobes who are used to working with...wait for it...paper calendars and personal journals to keep up with. They yearn to be able to use something so powerful but blanch when they open the home screen and see what is available. It is about as user friendly as can be imagined but some still are so intimidated that it is hard to get them to dig in. When they do, they begin to appreciate the value that is provided. The key is bringing the shy types along S L O W L Y. This software will sell itself once it is given a fair opportunity to shine. Just grit your teeth and work with them. It's more than worth the effort.

• Reviewed on 03/08/2016
Grace C.
Operations Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2020

"Easy to manage staff"

Comments: instead of emailing we started using this app to manage schedules (which were done on paper before!) and to send messages to staff, like hey team i'm going to be late this morning, or on Friday we can wear jeans to work! It has made our team much more cohesive and together. now we all know what is going on!

Pros: Most of our staff is young and are on their phones all the time anyways. This app made scheduling a breeze with requests to switch shifts and time off easy to fill and move around hours. Plus there was no more second guessing what time you were scheduled for or who is off. Also you have the ability to message staff through the app which has made interoffice communication much better!

Cons: The free version only allows 1 manager- I recommend upgrading and letting a manager from every department be able to manage their employees coverage. otherwise it gets a bit overwhelming for 1 manager. Occasionally the app will not let me in asking me to enter a verification code, that is a bit annoying.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2020
Enrollment Coordinator
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2018

"Low cost, high value scheduling software"

Comments: Overall we have been extraordinarily pleased with Homebase. Our employees have had no issues signing themselves in and using the app. We've used other scheduling software in the past that made it too complicated for our employees. We love the way Homebase simplifies all parts of scheduling, so we can focus on our employees and the children we serve!

Pros: Homebase is easy to use. We had to quickly implement a scheduling software. The way our business is setup has a variety of departments but employees work in multiple departments in a single day. Homebase lets us easily schedule each employee for the exact shift they work. We can view by department or by employee, which is helpful for both our employees and our managers. We haven't tried it out yet, but one of the bonus perks to Homebase is their hiring module. We have tested but not actually published a job. It was easy to do and posts across multiple platforms. Homebase has a lot to offer at a very reasonable price.

Cons: After you have scheduled in a department or scheduled an employee, you cannot use the + button to add another shift. This is annoying because you have to duplicate an existing shift and clear the information, instead of easily adding an empty shift and filling in what you need. We also did not find a way to delete an employee when they were duplicate added without choosing "terminate" the extra employee. This is not an issue now, but it could be in the future.
Another feature that would be nice in the app would be the ability to call the phone number from the roster or at least copy and paste it.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2018
Kris K.
Chef
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2020

"The best scheduling software I’ve used"

Comments: Overall my experience with Homebase has been fantastic! The app is easy to use the pricing is competitive and the ability to copy schedules over makes my life very easy! My employees love it too

Pros: The best scheduling software I’ve ever used.

Cons: None so far! If it possibly integrated with QuickBooks desktop a little bit better or if that were more obvious that would maybe be great. But overall I don’t find a problem.

Laura O.
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2020

"Easy to use and communicate with team"

Pros: Homebase app and push notifications help me keep the team informed of scheduling, changes to schedule and communicating daily needs through messages. It's very easy to use.

Cons: When I leave a note on someone's shift, it's not so obvious for that staff member to see when I do that. I would like a push notification sent to them when a shift has notes on it.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2020
Hannah D.
Paddle Board Shop Worker
Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2019

"Many useful features for employees and business owners alike"

Comments: Homebase has allowed scheduling, all group messaging and clocking in and out. Could use some help with the "availability" section to make it more user-friendly to hourly workers.

Pros: I really love how you can see the schedule of everyone on your work team on this software. I can see all the days I am working and also see all the days my co-workers and working, which is helpful for planning purposes if anyone needs to trade shifts or cover each other. Also really like how it shows your "estimated earnings" based on how many hours you are scheduled for, so you can see how much you will make on your next paycheck. We also clock in and out on this app and it is easy to use.

Cons: The "availability" section in this app is so counter-intuitive. It is set on a week-by-week basis, so you have to "update" it for each new week that your availability to work becomes different. This is quite odd for an app that is designed for hourly workers, who usually have odd and ever-changing schedules. They need to change this to a monthly schedule so you can fill out your availability for each day of the month.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2019
Chessie T.
General Manager
Veterinary, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"Employing a small facility? This is a great answer"

Pros: For small businesses that may not want to allocate essential resources to a digital scheduler, this program is a god send. The free-to-use benefits of this program are astronomical and critical to daily operations and allows my associates to interact, swap shifts, recognize eachother and gives them achievements to help promote self-success. I can't say enough good things about this program and its user friendly interface.

Cons: As a schedule-maker, this program is a little rough around the edges when doing changes on mobile, but with a little bit of double-checking, it gets the job done! Bugs, especially on mobile, can be tedious.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Tyler D.
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2018

"Customer service is lacking, and No functionality for multiple store locations"

Comments: To honest the experience hasn't been great, it feels more like a start up and they haven't worked out all the kinks with the technology, service, and training. They are very nice on the phone i have to give them they still have a long way to go.

Pros: it's easy to use, and the staff can use the app to request time off, and they can chat to one another.

Cons: 1) It doesn't connect to your payroll system (even if they say it does)
2)you can't have more than one location and share staff between 2 locations, because the 2 separate schedules don't recognise each other which means when you auto-populate the schedule it double books staff members. (so then the auto-populate feature is useless to you)
3) The support staff are friendly but they ARE NOT very knowledgeable about the products or services, no can seem to make a decision and they very rarely call you back when they say they will.
I cancelled the service to one of my locations and they continued to bill me for 4 months , when i called they said they would call me back once they investigated the billing. I never received a return, when i called them 3 weeks later they said they would only give a refund for 2 months because i never called them back sooner.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2018
Rasim D.
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2020

"Excellent"

Comments: excellent

Pros: easy to use, easy to control employees, contact employees etc.

Cons: sometimes does not show when workers clock in

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2020
John C.
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2020

"Great cost effective option"

Pros: Easy to use and has most of the features we would like. The higher tiers are a little too expensive for us and the features would be nice to have.

Cons: Not compatible with our current payroll software but that is because the payroll software hasn't made it compatible.

• Reviewed on 01/12/2020
Jill M.
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"Homebase for small business"

Comments: Love Homebase

Pros: Homebase gives me the ability to write schedules and keep track of my employees. It lets me download timesheets to be compliant. My employees have the ability to keep track of their schedules on their phone and see how much their checks will be based on the hours they have worked.

Cons: I would like for the schedule to let me have more than three events per month that i post on the calendar

• Reviewed on 13/10/2020
Jessica L.
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2018

"Scheduling made easy because of the great user experience!"

Comments: Scheduling staff with this software gets me super organized and takes me very little time to do so.

Pros: I like the ability to move my staff's hours with ease. If I want to switch someone's hours, I can just drag and drop their hours. I'm also able to see the total amount of hours per role, per week and per day. This helps me organize my staff and makes sure I'm at the maximum number of hours I'm allowed to staff for my restaurant.

Cons: I've had problems with the wage rate and applying them when necessary. I print our employees schedules instead of sending their schedule via the app. I never use that function but it seems like it could work well. Just not for our small establishment.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Nathan C.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2020

"Great Scheduling & Timeclock"

Comments: It's been good. Overall it's solved the employee timeclock and scheduling, the company is growing in the right direction but there is some pain points with updates and scheduling rules that still give me some pause when using this.

Pros: Okay, starting out this software is very easy to use. Some stand out features, is the employee chat, shift swapping and time off requests. I like the time clock functions it's pretty simple to use and setup for the teams.

Cons: First things first the updates/changes are not communicated to managers, so we all have to constantly keep track of any new changes we notice. It's rather difficult, there should be a change log with documentation. Secondly they changed access to the custom reports and it's no longer available, we definitely could have used that.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2020
Joy L.
Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"Excellent Software!"

Comments: So much faster than other scheduling programs! I absolutely love Homebase. It really helps communication between management and employees. Easy to build schedules, assign shifts and see payroll info!

Pros: User friendly. Easy to input employee data, build schedules, and find pay information. Love the messaging area as well.

Cons: Some glitches with assigning open shifts. Employees often have difficulty changing/correcting their availability.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2020
Tammy P.
DM
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2019

"Home base is great for smaller companies"

Comments: When our HR pc crashed, we used Home base for immediate schedule availability for all of our store locations

Pros: Using this program has plenty of benefits for employees such as the shift change option, hourly payroll tracking, easy to use interface and communication tabs.

Cons: In order to successfully use the scheduler, you should use a desktop. It's a bit tricky on the app.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2019
Alyssa B.
fitness tech
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2020

"Hombase"

Comments: we used to use a paper schedule and if you didnt look then you didn't know. it was very hard to stay on top of when it was posted and trading shifts was impossible.

Pros: the ease in talking with co-workers and trading shifts is so eay. knowing a new scedule is put out and the notifications an hour before my shift really help .

Cons: others can not see your achivments, and i am on 2 schedules and i cant mix them so when looking at the monthly page i have to switch back and forth to see what days im where.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2020
Stuart J.
VP of Operations
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2020

"Best move we have made in a long time"

Comments: I have not had to use support much, but the overall experience is amazing from signup to daily use. The reporting features are fantastic. The scheduling features and role options are huge in making schedules and have saved me a lot of time. I love having time off requests in one place as well. We use the message feature to send a quick debrief from the previous day and goals for our current day.

Pros: The ease of scheduling, templating, and time off requests were the original reason we began using it. However, one of my biggest likes is the ability to message all of our employees.

Cons: Sometimes some of my staff has issues with the mobile software on their phones. Especially Android OS phones.

• Reviewed on 04/06/2020
Rose F.

"Easy to use"

Pros: This product is easy to use to schedule employees. My favorite part about it is that it shows your sales on the app so I don't have to log into my POS system to see what's going on. It makes it so easy.

Cons: It fine for what I use it for. And I hate questionnaires that force you write something.

Lucy A.
Accountant
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Works very well for most needs"

Comments: It has been well approved by most employees and most like it.

Pros: I like that everyone is responsible for their own time with limited access to creating OT. Reports work pretty well for payroll processing. Prior history is still available at any time.

Cons: Have a couple problems with consistancy. You give employees a leeway of no less then 10 minutes a day to get clocked out and out of the building. This has become an issue when I've got a few people who want to push that 10 minutes every day which amounts to over an hour of OT every payday. I have asked to have the option to have '0' time after shift end to clock but that hasn't happened yet. Also there have been several occasions when employees have said the get a message that they are not in the building when, infact, they are seated at their desks. Employer does not have the time to oversee everone's time every day.

Kayla Q.
Teacher
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2020

"Homebase review"

Comments: Love it so much! Great app! I hope my boss doesn’t change apps!

Pros: I love love this app so much!!! It’s easy to use and so use to look at my schedule for work! No complaints!

Cons: I honestly don’t have any complaints about this app! I’ve been using this app for over 3 years and it has never given me any problems.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2020
Emily U.
CFO
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2016

"Simple simple!"

Comments: I love how easy it is to keep track of my employees. Scheduling is my least favorite part of my life and Homebase makes it very easy for me to take care of it wherever I am. My employees love that they can use their phones to check their schedules and request time off. It's a very seamless system.

Pros: I love how easy it is to use from my phone, home or office. I love that my employees can do the same, and request time off and get email/text reminders when I make changes

Cons: My employees schedules are always very different, I have to create a new schedule from scratch each time and setting up shifts can be a little time consuming. It would also be nice to have a feature on my schedule for days we are closed, like holidays.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2016
Beth P.
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2016

"LOVE HOMEBASE!"

Comments: From the moment I started using it, Homebase had been a time saving, headache reducing, essential part of running my business.

Pros: I love the user friendly aspects for both my employees and myself. I love that the software makes it convenient and flexible for my employees to request time off as well as trade shifts and get coverage when needed. I can manage those requests easily from anywhere.

Cons: I cannot see an entire month's view of the schedule. I would love for that to be an option.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2016
Susan L.

"Review for Homebase"

Comments: It's easy to use and integrates well on my Clover point of sale device.

Pros: I'm using the free version, so it's very affordable! It's easy to use and saves me the time of adding up my employees hours by hand.

Cons: It marks me as late or absent since I'm on the schedule but never clock in (because I don't have to.)