• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.3 /5

About IDoneThis

Lightweight, agile task management tool that anyone can implement within their team or workflow.

Learn more about IDoneThis

Diego S.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2017

"The experience since the new UI upgrade hasn't been good"

Comments: improved team communication

Pros: Keeping the history of all 'dones'
Keeping the team in sync every day
Replying via email
Ability to interact via likes and comments

Cons: Email reply not always work - some times it skips some of the 'dones'
Daily email digest design should be more compact
Likes are not being notified
When adding a comment if the main 'doer' replies to the comment the commenter doesn't get notified unless it was tagged.
The price is too high for the type of service it offers
The UI is slow when filtering by my own 'dones' and they are displayed as a long list instead of groups by date (so I can easily identify what I did each day and paginate through that)
The option to set the digest/reminder time for each member seems to be no longer available in a central

Keith D.
Executive Pastor
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2017

"Excellent for team building and communication"

Comments: Team building and team communication.

Pros: My team is spread out between different locations and schedules. Rarely are they all together at the same place and same time. iDoneThis has greatly improved our communication and team work as it makes it easy to communicate what is being done and gives the team the ability to interact with the posts. The team is much more informed about what is happening in general, and there is more synergy when people end up working on the same project without knowing it. It is also a great way for the team to encourage each other and give suggestions along the way. We love it. And it's easy and quick to use too - also critical to the success of something like this. Also customer service is excellent!

Cons: The software is fairly mature but is still in development so there are some features that we love that have disappeared while new versions are developed. The daily email journal is a very powerful feature, but currently social components (likes and comments) are not showing up effectively, the email is being clipped by Gmail and images and videos embedded are not displaying. These are all being worked on by the development team, however, and I expect them to become strengths again soon.

Senior Fullstack Developer
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2018

"Awesome product to keep track of daily dones"

Comments: I have been using iDoneThis for several years now to keep track of what I’ve accomplished every day, it’s great to look back on dones from the past! It super helpful with weekly reviews to go back and see accomplishments for the week and also end of the year reviews. Highly recommend iDoneThis to anyone who wants to be more effective in life!

Pros: - Keeps track of daily dones, which are way more inspring that to-do’s
- Daily reminders with a digest of last day’s done and a done from some time in the past (week, month, 3 months, 6 months or year back) which is always interesting to look back at.

Cons: - None as of now! This is truly a remarkable tool.

Phil F.
Leading Product & Engineering
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2017

"Great concept, pretty good execution"

Pros: The concept is great for remote teams: in place of a daily standup, have a clear way to log what you did each day. This is useful even for people to do individually for themselves to help keep track of where their day went, but becomes especially useful for transparency in remote teams. There are also some nice mechanisms for feedback/encouragement through the ability to "like" coworkers items.

Cons: The email digest is pretty useless in its current form, which was one of my favorite parts of their pre-redesign service. And the main site could be much faster... needs some serious optimization. And more focus/love could be given to integrations.

Manager, Organizational Development
Machinery, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2018

"Very simple to use tool for tracking your work."

Comments: Great for using with teams and individually. Simple to report on activities done and status updates on projects.

Pros: Great simple tool for tracking work and projects. Simple reporting on what has been done. Great mobile app for iOS (only version I've used).

Cons: Set up and initially very manual. Once activities entered are repeated, it is substantially easier to track.

by IDoneThis on 08/10/2018

Thank you for your review. Look out for our mobile App soon! ETA November 1.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2018
Sheena A.
Director of Advancement
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2017

"I've been a customer since 2013. No complaints. Easy to use. Good price point."

Comments: Records of what I've done. I can see what's working well and where I'm getting the most payoff.

Pros: It's extremely easy to use. At 4 p.m., I get an email that asks me about my dones. All I have to do is take 30 seconds to reply. From doing this, I have years of records of things I've done that are easily searchable, that I otherwise may have forgotten. Sometimes I open the website and directly type my dones. I use my records to plan ahead, pad my bio, and also to celebrate the depth and breadth of what I've done in a given amount of time. It's like a tree is falling in the forest, and now everyone can see it!

Cons: Sometimes I desire more functions, like tracking my time spent on tasks. But maybe the benefit of not having this is iDoneThis' simplicity.

Marketing
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2019

"Great to improve time management skills"

Comments: This is a very good product - which helps maintain transparency within our company.

Pros: Our team is pretty much spread throughout the world and in different time zones. Since we have implemented this platform, it has helped everyone not only stay informed, but what had been accomplished and what still needs to be done. Having everything transparent, teammates are able to see what is still on our plates and help out if they think they can.

Cons: The only thing I have to say that is negative about this is the design. It can be at times a little hard to navigate and it is not very intuitive at first. Once you learn how to navigate within the app, it's easy, but initially is a bit hard

• Reviewed on 18/04/2019
Luís M.
Senior Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2017

"I write done my personal achievements every day"

Pros: It turned into a very useful habit, every day I actually look back on the day and think about what I did and how I did it. It also works as a personal journal, that let's me look back at what I got done on any given date.

Cons: Can't turn off daily digests, as an individual user (no team).
No Android app (that I know of).
The ToDo functionality I never got to use.

Bob H.
programmer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2018

"Keeping track of exercise"

Comments: Good

Pros: Easy to enter daily log. The monthly calendar shows me how many days of the month I missed in a graphical form. I try to exercise every day but want to at least do 6 days a week. I've had a couple of perfect months so far.

Cons: I wish I could subscribe to it on my calendar app so I could easily see what I did for a given day.

Tim C.
Director of Social Media
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2017

"Lightweight, minimal and easy to use to keep track of your productivity"

Comments: Easy tracking of small wins and milestones

Pros: I've been an iDone this user for years, and it lets me keep track of the small wins day to day to keep my project motivation up, and also show progress over weeks, months and years.

Cons: I wish I could embed photos or video directly in my "done" lists, so I can go back and use them in social media posts later.

Chief Operating Officer - TwentyCi Group
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Does what it says on the tin"

Pros: A great little service that helps you log what you've done (rather than actually ticking off tasks - although there is obviously a time for that). I use it to log the big things that weren't actual tasks for me so that I have them to hand for the end of week review. Works really well with Alfred on the Mac.

Cons: No complaints about their service at all.

Anne C.
Home stager, Airbnb host
Real Estate, Self Employed

"Makes things easy"

Comments: I'm finding that often I did more than I thought in a day, and I find it extremely useful for billing. Better than my calendar.

Pros: I like that it automatically asks me to review the day and keep track of my tasks. Especially handy at billing time!

Cons: At first it was difficult to figure out how to pull up a month of Tones (for billing) but now that I've figured it out, all is well.

Josh H.
Musician
Music, Self Employed

"Wonderful software"

Pros: I like having a daily log of what I've done, which makes it really easy to search through to find out when I did what.

Cons: Not much. It does pretty much what I need it to do.

Andy R.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

"I Done This - My Way"

Comments: I have a number of 'project' businesses which I need to keep tabs on and also schedule time to attend.

Pros: I liked that IDT created a space for me to record the achievements I had hit on a daily basis. It seemed to be a helpful tool. I probably did not explore IDT to its full potential. I'd encourage you to give it a go!

Cons: I found that IDT didn't give me the flexibility I have found with other apps. After I started to use IDT I found Wunderlist and from there I have moved to Todoist which I use in conjunction with Agenda on my MBP. This seems like my happy place.

Sabrina B.
Consultant
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Great tool for daily reflection"

Pros: Builds a habit if daily reflection. Easy to use, adds real value.

Cons: Nothing at all. As a free tool it’s a big plus.

Bryan W.
Director of Political Sales & Strategy
Broadcast Media
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2017

"I love the daily accountability tool"

Pros: Easy to use in email. Inside the tools I use already and easily customizable. I also love how nimble the interface is.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2017
Ron W.
In Transition

"Worth checking out"

Pros: Ease of use. Great User Experience UX

Cons: A few minor limits. for more unique use cases

Christy S.
Admin Manager
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2017

"The concept is good. It just didn't really work for our team and for us wasn't worth the money."

Pros: I liked being able to see on a daily basis what our team was working on and completing. Was pretty easy to use.

Cons: Costs. The costs for what was offered was too much for a team of our size. There are much better tools that offer more options and features for much less money.

Lenni M.
Operations Director
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2017

"So far the experience has been pretty good."

Comments: Ability to get a read on what my team is doing and how busy people are so we can better allocate resources or reach out to those who are slow if we need help with something.

Pros: User friendly - like getting the daily updates on what the team is doing, especially as we move towards a fully-remote work culture.

Cons: Don't like that tasks that take multiple days don't show up on the daily email feed. We have reports or other tasks that may take several days to finish, but if they don't show up on the emails, it can sometimes appear as if the person doing that work isn't doing anything.

Christie C.
Event Organizer
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2020

"Productivity Essential"

Comments: The simplicity and minimalism are what makes IDoneThis shine. Makes it easy to see past the nonessential and get to the work that needs to be done.

Pros: I love being able to review my projects and tasks and see when and where I have been most productive and where I haven’t. IDoneThis has a robust feature set and is a great way to keep multiple people on task and organized.

Cons: No complaints based on my current needs. The free version offers enough features to keep my productive.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2020
Uraynab S.
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"I Done This for Law Firms"

Comments: I love the concept and it works great for us but customer support is nearly non existent.

Pros: We can easily search action taken for a client or case.

Cons: Often it feels like there are bugs and when it is not functioning it hinders our ability to work as a team and put our best foot forward for our clients.

Shir M.
software developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Great tool! I've been looking for just this."

Comments: I wanted to track were my time it "going" while @ the office. I'm a software developer and I context-switch A LOT so this was something I was really curious about. Now, I just log things in a sec and I get my exact list each day. Brilliant and Simple!!

Pros: It's so simple and intuitive. There are many other tools for tasks tracking, but they really overcomplicate it for me.
+ There are no ads and distructions!

Cons: Honestly, I like it all. Graphs/statitistics, On a different page, can be useful

Fabien R.
Expertise Center Senior Manager
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"Worst user experience ever - They steal your data!"

Pros: Usefull to log your achievements and see progresses month after month

Cons: From 1 day to the other, you cannot access anymore to your data. You have to pay first to retrieve your data.
CAUTION: They steal YOUR data!!!
USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Donitta B.
OPA 3
Government Relations, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2018

"Love this!"

Pros: I tend to forget what I've done on any given day; using this to keep track day to day gives me such a sense of accomplishment plus a hsistory to go back and review.

Cons: I've not experienced anything I don't like about this software...

• Reviewed on 17/10/2018
Teena B.
Implementation Specialist
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2017

"It feels like it's missing something"

Comments: It helped to gather the data on tasks for a short time.

Pros: What I like most about this product is its simplicity. It's very to-the-point and easy to use. It has a lot of potential.

Cons: What I like least about this software is its lack of features. While I think the simplicity is great, it's lacking customization ability, better long-term task tracking or goals, background task-tracking (like RescueTime), etc. Unfortunately, it's just another software that allows for some very lite task-tracking, team transparency, and some high-level data points; It's not something that really helps the end-user to manage their workflow -- Which is what most of us are looking for in addition to the above.
Honestly, I've stopped using idonethis and now use a combo of RescueTime (though just downgraded for similar reasons) + a simple Confluence page that is no different than a word document or piece of paper.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2017