• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.3 /5

About Favro

Favro brings business agility by empowering teams to work autonomously, while also aligning their planning towards company objectives.

Learn more about Favro

Michael M.
Partner, Cofounder, Chief Creative Technologist
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Abstract Approach to Cards; Few Limitations"

Comments: For business partners & employees there was a steep learning curve; BUT Favro’s blog and resources do an amazing job at showing a lot of different management styles & project management approaches being used on the platform. This really helped people with different business and personal backgrounds start with a strong footing. The biggest part of the adoption wasn’t the platform, but how individual actors in the organization wanted to manage projects and action items when there was no platform limitations... Which for a startup, is definitely required as the business solidified it’s processes over time. Basically, there were no bottlenecks presenter while doing a myriad of different project types on Favro... that’s a big statement for a platform.

Pros: The platform approaches cards agnostically, but ensures re-use of customizations through templates. Lanes, groups, automation, and tagging make almost anything manageable in Favro... more than almost all others that I’ve worked on for production level projects. Agnostic to project management styles is a huge benefit when running things in the platform. Also important, the platform is amazing for how old it is. It’s “young” but I’m sure it will surpass others in terms of features.

Cons: Lanes displayed as standard cards in “My cards” is a bit overwhelming. I’m sure in the future they will keep upgrading to pay a bit more attention to “admin” views and have more “authority” driven dashboard views that summate statistics that currently are only viewable directly to the boards themselves.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Chris G.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2017

"Great tool to manage boards/cards/bugs over weekly sprints."

Comments: Easier management of sprints and greater insight into time to complete tasks. ie If cards are spanning multiple boards. The ability to have more granularity over the control of boards was a huge win over trello. That was the main reason for choosing this product over trello.

Pros: We switched from Trello to Favro because managing bugs/tasks across sprints became time consuming. Being able to easily see boards across multiple sprints was a huge win. Also, the fact that bugs are always visible is great as well.

Cons: My main wish is if there was a way to quickly identify clutter. For example, bugs that have not been touched for 6+ months are probably not bugs or have already been fixed. Maybe have a way to call attention to those cards for deletion. It would also be awesome if there was some sort of "smart" check to let the user know that a card being added may have already been added. It can waste quite a bit of time when you start looking into a bug that someone else has already fixed because it was added twice.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2017
Arturo R.
Account Manager - SEM/SEO Specialist
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2018

"As simple or as complex and you need it to be for light project management. Like Trello on steroids."

Pros: Easy to use, easy to set rules, easy to create and assign tasks.
Once you set the rules and procedures adapted to your processes, it's very easy to use and to keep organized. I recommend spending some time setting up processes and rules: It'll make your project management bulletproof, even when multiple team members collaborate in one board.
It's also very easy to switch from one board to the other and it's easy to differentiate your dashboards from one another.
Integrations are amazing, you can connect with many other third-party software.

Cons: Centralized time tracking is not offered, making project accounting difficult.
Multiple clients or projects might require different ways of working, so I recommend diving into the details of the platform to fully understand it and master it.
It also does not provide Gantt chart or project completion graphs that are so useful. I recommend complementing this platform with other tools for these features.
Integrations are very useful to compensate for these cons.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2018
Grunbaum G.
Personal secretary for Defence Minister's advisor
Government Administration, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2018

"Honest Opinion"

Comments: Getting all of my clients/projects orgenised as my calander and in control of my work and personal goals and tasks.

Pros: After Reviewing 10 most known Managing Apps - I have decided on Favro - it was a hard and long process which took me about a little over a month in which I have used all my "free trials" periods on all of them.
Favro was the most suitable for my way of working - I can freely and quickly load my tasks for various projects as they come later I can deal with each of them and assigned each of them to team members and keep track of my progress - it's visually very appealing and enables me to distinct right away where I am standing. I have checked 10 Apps - were left with two which Afro was one of the two.
The mobile follow up is wonderfull too i can be in a meeting and look at my check list of that meeting and have no need of printouts of my meeting notes and use it to update my meeting notes as the meeting goes along.

Cons: I wanted to share one of my clients (projects) with his dashboard and found out accidentaly he could olso see my own privet dashbord - i have immidiatly cancled the option - so far hadn't have the time to learn to overcome that problem - i guess it's my lack of experience of operating Favro.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2018
Nathan S.
QA Lead
Computer Games, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2018

"A great, intuitive tool for tracking tasks and monitoring project process."

Comments: Good, collective high-level alignment for our project. More team involvement in the production process.

Pros: The intuitiveness and flexibility of Favro's boards makes it one of the easiest production tools to use for high-level planning and execution.
The visual design also makes it more appealing to use for most creative-minded folks.

Cons: The same flexibility that is great in some situations works against Favro in other situations. Templatizing for work flows and bug tracking is not as easy to do in Favro currently.
It is very pricey, especially if you would like to try it out for personal use.

Tomas R.
Agile Project Manager
Gambling & Casinos, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2020

"My favorite tool!"

Comments: Favro is really my favorite when it comes to this type of tool. In fact, I use it both in my professional and private life, and have done so since 2016! I’ve looked at other tools, but haven't found anything better. My main collections are (as the workspace is called in Favro - where you plan and overview your work):
- Personal Kanban - A collection with rolling weekly planning for all my work activities.
- Famban (Family Kanban) - A collection with rolling three weeks planning for all family related activities.
- Lean Coffee - A collection used to run lean coffee meetings with remote team members.
- Various collections for my different hobbies.

Pros: - The ease of setting everything up just as you want it, within minutes.
- Strongest tool I’ve seen when it comes to visualization! Collections, columns, boards (“swim lanes”) and cards come together naturally, and it looks pretty too!
- With the app on my phone I can reach all my collections at any time, if I have a thought and want to add a new card for example.

Cons: - Not really, everything I need is there. The app for the phone works, but it could be improved with a zoom in/out functionality (to get both overview and details).

• Reviewed on 20/02/2020
Esther P.
QA Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2017

"Easy to use. Constant improvement. You do feel like part of a family due to good customer support."

Comments: More structure and a better overview for our project.

Pros: Easy to understand and use.
More project structure than in Trello.
Report abilities
More geared towards scrum with estimations (point system).
Clone function.
Distinction between backlog and board
Templates for boards and collections
Copy function

Cons: Relationship between cards difficult to see and check once a ticket is in a board. Subticket relations are hard to maintain and review. User role/rights management is very rudimentary and needs improving. Customer fields is a welcome feature. Several templates per board or backlog are not possible. Opening a link to card/board/backlog/ etc. will just open that as a singular entity with no ability to move back to the system properly. Checklist items are not detailed on any of the reports just how much items there are in a list. Ability to navigate to the next ticket with a keyboard shortcut. Ability to scroll through pictures if a ticket has more than one attachment. Ticketnumber is not displayed on tickets when in board view. Very little export functions for different systems.

Jonathan O.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"Great software! Highly recommendable for any business!"

Comments: Our overall experience is very positive. We are extremely satisfied with the system, as we use it to both manage our day-to-day tasks and our various projects - both client projects and internal projects. We use a mix of agile and waterfall methodology when planning and managing our projects and the possibility to create a project plan (tree view) and have a corresponding board next it, is one of our favorite features!

Pros: The flexibility of being able to set up multiple collections with boards and lists (even project plans). It makes a mix of conventional project management methods (waterfall) and agile methodology work in one software. Furthermore the reports which can be created out of the software bring even more value to managing the business with Favro.

Cons: One thing that is missing for our organization is the possiblity to sort the cards when looking at "Cards assigned to me".

• Reviewed on 12/10/2018
Karel S.
Frontend Developer
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2018

"Very powerful tool bringing the best from Trello and adding exactly what I was missing."

Pros: We can look at our work in any scale we want and keep everything connected. It is possible to both comprehensively present high-level roadmap to the stakeholders and keeps the tiny tasks for the development team in the same app. This is huge in terms of sustainability and maintenance of our work. The tool is incredibly flexible and I'm still trying to get the best from it.

Cons: Sometimes Favro can be overwhelming. Just today I was creating a huge WBS and I was scared I am missing something since the project tree hierarchy is missing some kind of visual cues to prevent accidents (like more group spacing). Favro is a little bit slow I get a feeling like an app is not running super smoothly like Trello for example and the lag disturbs me a bit. More problematic, however, is the fact that it sometimes hangs up on me altogether I cannot scroll in the backlog for example and need to reload the page. But my biggest trouble is with card moving when I want to move or add a card to a board or backlog, there is no indication of the collection name and my backlogs and boards are usually simply called "Backlog" and "Board". I understand that this can be considered a feature more than a bug since the magic of Favro is based on the fact that a board or a backlog can live in multiple places, but still, the collection is my main workspace and my it helps me navigate. This leads to manual card manipulation using a good old mouse. Which is fine until you need to move card between collections.

Adam S.
Community Manager
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2017

"Favro is a great tool and very easy to use."

Comments: It makes our daily tasks much more managable. Especially the ones with multiple users working on the same project.

Pros: I love the way cards can be shared across multiple boards. This makes our business tasks much easier to manage as different departments have different access levels for each board. The ability to add media files is also a fantastic feature.

Cons: We used to use Hansoft before the switch over. I feel Favro is lacking a decent burndown feature. The option to just show the title of a card would be really helpful. With the ability to maximise the full card if you are working on a project.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2017
Himanshu S.
Technical Operations Engineer
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2016

"I am very happy with Favro after trying a lot of other applications."

Comments: Hi Team, Favro definitely has been very helpful in keeping track of our projects and tasks. It can do some improvements like when someone minimizes a row, it should keep track of the last working section and not scroll to something which I have experienced multiple times. Secondly an option to enable a scroll to the row ( which can be enabled by user so if his OS is detecting the row size and then enabling scroll and not showing in case he is using non standard mouse ) Let me know if you have questions, feel free to reach me at my contact information below.

Pros: Ease to use, drag and drop of cards, tasklists... there are so many features which are very handy for organizing project elements.

Cons: Sometimes when user has to use lower screensize / resolution his option to scroll across the row goes away ( could be due to non standard mouse ).
When you expand a section and then work on its cards and then minimize it, its location changes to some other place and then you have to find and scroll back to next item, this wastes a lot of user time, it would be helpful if the location of minimized item stays the same so he can just expand the next row and go over it.

Juan carlos G.
Programmer
Program Development, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2018

"I think this software will give you a powerful tool to help your company gets the correct way"

Comments: I got a helper to organize my daily work. Also, my team is better organized and communicated.

Pros: I like the way to organize tasks. Also, the communications between the users who are involved in the tasks. I think it's very flexible when you want to order your daily work, you can make cards or just a backlog.
Finally, there are a lot of custom fields you can add to the cards in order to help understand the work.

Cons: I think it hasn't a good tutorial to start using the tool. Also, the backlog should be more flexible in order to make some backlog childs.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2018
Surath C.
Technical Product Manager
Computer Games, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2016

"Great PM Tool which addresses so many issues which others out there don't!"

Comments: We moved to Favro after all the bottlenecks we faced with Trello.
Few reasons:
- ability to view multiple boards in the same view
- a nice and tidy TODO list per user (no need to go through zillion tickets to figure out what I should do next and what is the prio for the next ticket)
- high level reporting
Without these features, Trello had become unusable for our use cases. We have great faith in Hansoft as a company and we believe they will take Favro to be the next balanced PM tool which suits both lightweight as well as heavyweight process oriented teams. Customer support/success peeps have been so great that we can't really complain about anything there. They have worked at lightning speed to resolve feature requests, bug fixes and on-boarding! Big thanks to Favro team and all the best for the future release! Keep up the great work.

Damiaan M.
Graphic Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2017

"Transformative, favro is a wonderful way to maintain clarity & oversight of projects, large or small"

Comments: everything

Pros: It has fundamentally changed the way we manage and oversee projects. the linear movement of cards across the various boards gives a very visual overview of the state of a project. Having the entire team collaborate across different elements of the project but all feeding back into the favro board, it is the beating hear of everything we do!

Cons: No .pdf preview is very annoying (especially when trello has this....)
Attached images don't appear when searching cards

• Reviewed on 26/09/2017
Steve P.
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2018

"Favorite project management tool ever!"

Pros: It's simple yet flexible, you can make it do some very simple things like you can in Trello, but also it's fantastic for teams and manager's in that you can get a big overall view of an organisation easily, and only give people what they need to do their jobs. Simply, brilliant.

Cons: Right now the only downside of this tool is the Android app (haven't tried iPhone). It's laid out pretty well but slow to load and a bit buggy at times, i.e. the screen freezes. It's the sort of tool best used on desktop anyway, so not a huge issue, but it would be nice to be able to take faster notes and make quick changes more easily on the go.

• Reviewed on 23/03/2018
Mark K.
Specialist Mechanic: Ski Lift Maintenance
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2017

"Utilize for managing all work related to ski lift maintenance."

Pros: Ability to build a customized workflow quickly, with the ability to continuously improve upon process and features required as the project progresses. Built in applications such as Default Values, Defined Workflow, Timesheets, and Cycle time make optimizing your workflow for efficiency virtually effortless. Collaboration and notification features are outstanding. Quickly integrate with external applications through pre-built integrations and RestAPI.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2017
Benjamín D.
3d senior programmer
Computer Games, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2018

"Scrum made easy with lots of customizations for any kind of workflows"

Comments: More organization between all the people in the company, even if they belong to different teams

Pros: Customizations and rules that you can asign to the board and columns. Also the cards templatizations.

Cons: Sometimes it's slow and you need to filter cards or boards improve the performance.
It lacks some features like:
- some way to see the people diary (what was done some concrete day), storing more info when a card is moved to concrete column in the board, not only the first time moved, because sometimes a task is interrupted and resumed later.
- A tipical scrum blackboard view with tasks ordered by user stories

• Reviewed on 19/04/2018
Orangel C.
Especialista en Marketing de Servicios
Consumer Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2019

"Facilitates the management of tasks and projects and develops to the maximum your productivity"

Comments: I like to use this type of management software to organize my week, our company has daily active participation in social networks, in addition to planning sales strategies, marketing and distribution of our products. I like that all the members of the teams are active fulfilling their tasks on time, that guarantees the constant flow of income, and efficiency in the use of you.

Pros: Planner that develops productivity through the application of functions and tools easy to use, intuitive and very useful for the organization and the order of the activities of the week, which will benefit teamwork, and monitoring of projects. Assign tasks and schedule start and end dates of them, you can get reports of results based on time and observe the productivity of each member of the team, including your own.

Cons: I would like to have a graphical view of the time in a Gantt chart that could be and the progress of each team member in a percentage cake.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2019
Kasia B.
Engineering Student
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self Employed

"Amazing!"

Comments: Gave me the ability to organize my project and school tasks in the way I use to on paper but now online and accessed anywhere.

Pros: The ability to have cards show up in more than one place. I like that I can have them stored in a backlog and have them under different columns in a board. This app has drastically improved how I organize my projects and school work at university.
It also has a clean and user friendly interface.
And being able to

Cons: I wish there was a feature to sort cards by the column titles in a backlog project tree view. No other complaints.

A. s. B.
Staff Attorney
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2018

"We use Favro for easy project management."

Pros: I like that you can pull reports from the data collected on the boards. Being able to tag each card with different steps of the process is also one of my favorite features of the software. I also like the fact that you can make templates for repeat projects.

Cons: I wish the boards were easier to set up - perhaps an option to alphabetize cards. Also, I wish you could customize the view. Sometimes, when a lot of cards are present in one column, it makes it difficult to view the board in a "snapshot" view without having to scroll.

Darcy R.
Program Manager
Computer Networking
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2018

"It's basically Trello on crack"

Comments: Project management and team visibility - which is what I was looking for

Pros: It's got a very Trello kanban interface which is more suitable for project managing across a whole engineering organization. Most tools focus on agile for developers and they leave out design, admin, etc... But, Favro has a combination of good Github integration and flexibility to support other departments. We do everything in Favro.

Cons: More customization around grouping issues, dependencies,
Github integration could be made better. But, it's one of the best out there.
Better github bi-directional support. Basically anything that happens in Github and vice versa
PRs could be related to issues and then close those issues when a PR is created. Wishlist stuff
Increased workflow customization is needed. But, these are features that can happen over time and make a good product better.

• Reviewed on 24/05/2018
Jordan R.
Design, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2017

"Excellent project management software that keeps projects easy to track and hard to forget"

Comments: organization and project management (keeping projects on time and completed in full)

Pros: Easy to use interface; can make updates quickly and easily; permissions keep things clean; time tracking is easy to use and allocate time per project; notifications keep updated on boards that I rarely use but need to be privy to information

Cons: When using 'tree view' it's difficult to understand that card-within-a- card I'm working on.
Tracking hours for more than one day (have to track hours each day rather than monthly)

• Reviewed on 28/11/2017
Matthes S.
Co-Founder / Product
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2017

"Much better than e.g. Trello. Miss some Features from Jira."

Pros: Good and clear UI.
We can manage BE / BI / Web / Phone clients in one collection.
The tool is "techie" enough for our Devs and simple enough for all other business units in our company.

Cons: What we really miss and what would be a blocker for further usage if our company is doing a good job and grows is the option to build child-relations, dependencies, and status-updates on cards in and between boards. Nice to have would be an option to assign an 'owner' to a card or card families.

Jonas T.
Chief Marketing Officer
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"Smooth and good looking, with all the features needed!"

Pros: The great overview with multiple backlogs and boards. Also the collections suitable for several teams using collaborative features. Perfect for a team using scrum or kanban methods.

Cons: No easy way to edit the text styling in the description. Missing some integrations with for example Harvest and Forecast.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2018