Filter by:

• Overall

About Upper Hand

We untangle the complexities behind running your business, empowering your team to deliver client outcomes that grow your bottom line.

Learn more about Upper Hand

Jiselle P.
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

So convenient!

5 2 years ago

Comments: The entire process has been easy from the initial request for information, to setting up our programs and events. Would definitely recommend their software!

Pros:

Being a non-profit that is focused on many aspects, this software helps me in each one. The many programs we run, employee tracking, and in the near future, facility management. You aren't really limited to what you can do with this software. If it isn’t something they currently do, they are open to any and all ideas to make it even more user friendly. Whatever makes it easier for us!

Cons:

The only downside is some of the small things that we aren’t able to customize ourselves, as far as special questions in the account creation process. Since they are always updating and coming up with ideas, I’m sure it will happen soon.

2 years ago

Hi there Jiselle, We appreciate the kind words! We're thrilled to hear that Upper Hand has worked out for you and has helped manage your programs and staff. It's always humbling to hear how we're able to make our customers' lives easier. We're also happy that you have found the software very customizable and flexible - that is music to our ears! We put a lot of work into hearing our customers' feedback, so we're glad to hear it's serving its purpose and helping you out. Have a great day, and thanks for the review!

Edward S.
President in US

Good Facility Management Platform

4 2 months ago New

Pros:

Relatively easy to use once you get the hang of it. Major benefit is that it's an all in one platform.

Cons:

Not as intuitive as I would like it to be. I wish it had a right click feature that would let you make edits to events.

last month

Hi Edward, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that our all-in-one platform is helping you manage your facility. We appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve to best serve your business. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Brett L.
Ceo in US
Sports

Frustrating

2 5 years ago

Pros:

I like the concept of what they are trying to do. I really believe there's a need for it and was sold from the beginning from the sales and marketing team who told me everything or software could do. Also their customer service is very good, they have a support team that gets back to you quickly which is always great, but I think they are overwhelmed.

Cons:

I'm really not one to complain, but this experience has been very frustrating. Like trying to hang onto a greased pig. Especially trying to get to the root of the problem-- it's really difficult to do and feels like you have to fight to get real answers. For every camp or clinic we post, there seems to be some bug that customers can't figure out. And I can't help but feel that the upper hand team is blaming that on the customer or on us rather than taking steps to eliminate recurring confusion. I feel like to the upper hand team, any issues are no big deal as their development team is working to fix them.. but those issues end up being hours and hours for me having to bring those customers back around and get them manually signed up. Additionally, when I was sold on the program, they showed me functionality that would be useful in facets more than just camp sign-ups. Lesson sign-ups, memberships, crm And some others. Just having those would have made the software pay for itself by canceling other software's. However, once we started, we found that those other functionalities did not have the features we needed to be able to use them. I think the software has tons of potential and could be very useful, but I think it needs another one or two years of development with close customer feedback. I don't think it's worth it to pay for it as it is now, I think there are better options. Just my two cents, happy to discuss my experience

4 years ago

Thanks for your review Brett and we are sorry about your experience using Upper Hand. You definitely hit some bugs as we transitioned into a new interface, and we'd love to show you the new platform after implementing your feedback.

Tina H.
CEO/Owner in US

Buck Fastpitch Academy Review of Upper Hands Sports Software

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, we have been extremely happy with our customer service experience with Upper Hand. They are great to work with, and are always so quick to answer questions or fix software bugs. I don't know how I would have grown my business success without the Upper Hand software and their team!

Pros:

I love the camp/clinic registration feature, as it significantly helps reduce time I spend processing registrations and payments. Additionally, I love the messaging feature, as it allows me to send mass marketing e-mails and messages to our entire team of athletes, parents and coaches. Lastly, I love that I am able to access Upper Hand through the mobile app, as I am always on the go and often need to be able to schedule or process a payment when I am away from my computer.

Cons:

The software is sometimes not very intuitive for the client. I often have clients contact me, because they are struggling with the scheduling feature, as they are not able to easily access their lessons credits or past scheduled lessons. It would be great if they would be able to view all past and upcoming events, as well as their total number of remaining event credits on their dashboard after signing into the mobile app. And while I love the messaging feature on the app, I wish it was better visually designed and would allow you insert graphics and change font size and style. Lastly, while I was thrilled with the latest upgrade that sends out automated reminders, I was bummed that this is only offered to those who upgrade their accounts to the next level. When I first purchased the Upper Hand software, this was one of the initial features included in the membership. I would love to see this feature included for all membership types.

2 years ago

Hi Tina, Thanks for taking the time to write a great review! We're happy to hear that Upper Hand helps you reduce time with admin tasks and that the messaging and mobile app have been helpful. Have a great day!

Josh G.
Partner; Director of Business Operations in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Industry Value Where Its Needed Most

4 2 years ago

Comments: Our move to Upper Hand has been very good, overall. We're spending less money for better functionality with their software. They're on an upward trajectory and have continued to come out with new iterations and functions that improve the user experience (both our staff and our clients).

Pros:

The customer service. No software or platform is going to be a perfect match for what your company needs. Where Upper Hand has been most beneficial to DST is through their partnership with me and my team. Whenever something has been confusing, deficient, or lackluster from our perspective, their team has made every effort to fix, communicate, and better their software to tailor it to our specific needs.

Cons:

Any time you switch software or learn a new platform, there is going to be a learning curve. It was no different with Upper Hand. There have been some frustrations getting everyone on the team educated and up to speed with the platform and functions, but nothing that wouldn't be expected.

2 years ago

Hi Josh, WOW! Thank you for taking the time to write up such a positive review. Hearing how Upper Hand has helped DST and about your positive experience is what we thrive to accomplish!! We look forward to our continued partnership with you and your team!!

Christopher H.

Great Value

5 2 years ago

Comments: We have been a user since the beginning of when Upper Hand created their software. I have been able to grow my personal business along with the growth of Upper Hand. They have always listened to user ideas and have implemented many of our suggestions. They've been a great fit for our company.

Pros:

Pretty easy to use. Reporting. Ease to duplicate events. Great customer service

Cons:

Edit-ability of pricing and what is shown when a buyer gets a marketing email. Offer a check box system at check out.

2 years ago

Hi Chris, Thanks for the kind words! We're thrilled to hear that Upper Hand has been apart of your growth at STFA over the years - it's been great growing with you! Thanks for all of your feedback over the years and helping us continually improve. Thanks again for taking the time to write up this review!

Ashleigh S.

Great Software for Small Business

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall UpperHand has done it’s best to provide a great service and cater to my company’s specific needs

Pros:

- Customer support is unmatched - Account manager very helpful and communicative - Love the features

Cons:

- Features are sometimes hard to figure how to use on own

2 years ago

Hi Ashleigh, Thanks so much for the kind words! We are thrilled to hear about your experience with support and your account manager. Have a great day!

Chris Z.
Sports, 2-10 Employees

Their support is 2nd to none!

5 5 years ago

Comments: When I was in the process of considering software programs to power our indoor facility's lesson scheduling I reviewed three different companies. After considering the functionality and going through the original online meeting with the personnel from upper hand it was quite clear to me which would best serve my needs. At the time, I didn't even know how good their support network was but having called upon that several times I can attest that it would have been the number one reason for choosing upper hand.

Pros:

Their customer support is beyond what you can expect. I reached out to Mike service representative on a Sunday evening recently and she helped me work through an issue that enabled me to find The names of kids on teams in a hitting league. I cannot believe she answered my question on a Sunday evening !!!

Cons:

It can be a little bit cumbersome for the first time user but once the customers become accustomed to the software and the app, then the problem goes away.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review Chris!

Rob S.
Owner & Director of Operations in US

Upper Hand review

3 last year

Comments: In the beginning, I was very discouraged from all of the bugs that caused frustrations with me as the Administrtor and also negatively affected our end user clients. I know we lost some clients in the beginning due to them not understanding the UpperHand software and how to use it. At times, there are spurts where there are a lot of bugs. Some of these bugs force me to lose clients and lose business.

Pros:

This is the first and only Scheduling and Payment processing software I've used for my business, so I don't have any comparison. It does allow clients to schedule and pay on their own which is what I want.

Cons:

The lack of customization creates lots of issues for my business and how we schedule.

last year

Hi Rob, Thank you so much for choosing Upper Hand and for taking the time to write a review. We're glad that our software is helpful for your scheduling and payment needs, however we're sorry to hear that you hit some bugs and that the customization could be improved for your business. We would like to learn more about the specifics that could be improved for your use case(s)! I've shared your feedback with our team in hopes of scheduling a product feedback call. Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great day!

Mackenzie A.

MacRoc Soccer Review

3 2 years ago

Comments: Overall it is great if we can diminish/decrease the occurrences of glitches/issues within the software.

Pros:

Honestly, I do not know where my business would be without UpperHand. It has been such an asset when organizing our clients, calendars, reports ect.

Cons:

Quite too often, the software has glitches and errors that keep us from conducting business at the times we would like to. In time, they are always fixed, but it does put a dent in what we do from the admin side as well as the cliental side and it is quite frustrating.

2 years ago

Hi Mackenzie, Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We're ecstatic to hear that you don't know where MacRoc would be without our software!! Here at Upper Hand, we are committed to providing the best client experience. We are aware of some of the glitches you've experienced and are glad we've been able to rectify them quickly. Our Engineers are committed to reducing any product instability to eliminate this moving forward. Thank you again for the review and have a great day!

Joseph N.
CEO in US

JN Review

4 last year

Comments: Very good.

Pros:

I like the memberships the most and that is what we have used it for.

Cons:

I wish we could add more substance to the memberships on upper hand directly

last year

Hi Joseph, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're glad that you find our memberships useful, however, we're sorry to hear that the functionality could be boosted for your business. We'd like to learn more about the specifics that could be improved for your use case(s)! I've shared your feedback with our team and they will be reaching out in hopes of scheduling a product feedback call. Have a great day!

Austin N.
Baseball Facility owner in US

Upper Hand Review

4 2 years ago

Pros:

I like the functionality of the quick scheduling tool. Makes it easy to schedule without going through the loops of POS.

Cons:

Doing memberships can be a pain and not as user friendly.

12 months ago

Hey Austin! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear you find our software easy to use--that is one of our main goals! We appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve to better cater to your specific needs. Thank you again, and have a great day!

John A.

Out customers love it!

5 2 years ago

Comments: It's a critical tool that we rely on daily.

Pros:

The user experience is top notch. It's a breeze for our customers to schedule their own lessons and camp attendance.

Cons:

Would love for more features and reporting to be rolled out faster.

2 years ago

Hi John, Thanks for the kind words and great review! We're thrilled to hear about the user experience and how easy it is for your customers - that's our main goal. Have a great day!

Brian L.

Terrible customer service

3 2 years ago

Comments: Overall experience has been not good. The concept is great and there are some good things that it does but overall it runs bad. The program is very glitchy and there are alot of bugs. The app also runs horribly. It is not user friendly and can be confusing for clients to sign up and book lessons. The worst part about this companies product is their customer service. It’s takes forever for them to respond and their is not 24hr support. They are based on east coast and my Academy is on west coast. I’ve had major issue come up about their system and I have nobody that can help me. They are also non existent on the weekends. Very very frustrating!

Pros:

I can have all the profiles of my clients and I loved the idea of the mobile app

Cons:

How the software runs and their customer service

2 years ago

Hi Brian, Thanks for your review, and I'm sorry to hear you feel we've fallen short on our service. We do our best to support customers in all time zones, however, our support is not 24/7, nor do we promote that. We are happy to set up scheduled calls with customers outside of normal support hours and do so frequently. If there is anything else we can do to improve your experience with Upper Hand, please let us know so we can address them as soon as possible. -TW

Jon H.
Sports, 11-50 Employees

UpperHand

4 last year

Pros:

I like being able to set up automatic payments for customers.

Cons:

There are some features that do not fit our business, such as there is no option for automatic family discounts and memberships.

last year

Hi Jon, Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We are glad you've had a positive experience with our software, however we are sorry to hear that there are some missing features for your specific use case(s). We are always looking for ways to improve, so I have passed your feedback along to our product team! Thank you again, and have a great day!

George N.
Academy Director and Founder in US
Sports, 2-10 Employees

The Support is 2nd to None!

5 5 years ago

Comments: I wanted to find a software program that would not only free up my time on the soccer field but to offer the convenience for families to schedule and pay for sessions on-line. Their customer service is the #1 reason why I continue to work them as a partner. I specifically work with our rep, who is by far been my right hand person for my business! UpperHand has exceeded my expectations as a partner and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Pros:

Camp registration saved us valuable time and money. The ability to pay my trainers directly from the software program. The software and website are easy to navigate internally and the feedback we received from the customer's side has only been positive.

Cons:

I would like to see the ability to add waiver's online.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review George!

Jayson S.
Associate in US

Not the best

1 last year

Comments: Decent until the last few months where they really struggled to make edits properly.

Pros:

Not much, had poor experiences with the software.

Cons:

The software was confusing at times and not the most user friendly. The team was not always helpful and timely when making edits either.

last year

Hi Jayson, We are so sorry that you have had a frustrating experience with Upper Hand. We apologize, and we'll strive to do better. We appreciate your business, and please reach out if there are any outstanding issues. Thank you for your candid feedback, and have a nice day.

Michele T.
Administrator in US

Not really as described - Needs more work

3 4 years ago

Comments: none - we canceled before going live

Pros:

Strong concept and truly needed in the management of large clubs. Basically functionality of the system is strong and it was easy to set-up initial events. However, needed to create workarounds to define events like we wanted them set-up.

Cons:

The Sales Team oversold the existing functionality that was currently available and we proceeded based on that understanding, paid the initiation fees to later find out key functionality to us was not available. Major pain points included 1) inability to turn off accepting checks 2) generic waivers are built to primarily protect Upper Hand not the client 3) client invite process is cumbersome and add new client lists difficult to customize 4) emails and calls took days to get a response including the email to cancel.

4 years ago

Michele, We are pleased to announce that all 3 of the product issues that you stated have been addressed. Update below: 1. You can now turn on/off check, cash and credit card payments based on your preferences. 2. We have custom waivers that you can bring in to the system for free. 3. We have and are continuing to improve the client invite process. 4. We have added additional resources to our support team to ensure more timely responses to our customers and their clients. Also, we did end up issuing a full refund to you and closed the loop very amicably. We appreciate you giving us a shot, and hope to have you as a customer in the future!

Tatum B.
Director of Community and Impacy in US

So far, so good. Staff is helpful and system is user friendly.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

I like that we can use it to market other events to our families. A family coming on to sign up for basketball clinics might not know that we also have a track team, but on upperhand they can get the full scope of what we offer.

Cons:

Same thing, but I hate how you have to change the time dial when putting in time of events! I also would love for there to be a text feature!

4 years ago

Thanks for the review and feedback, Tatum!

Darren L.
Sports, 11-50 Employees

cust support

3 2 years ago

Comments: In the weeks leading up to our opening and currently it has been problematic getting a quick response to emails and phone calls. Sometimes its very quick and other times it was 24-48 hours before a response came thru. This has been very frustrating as we have never used the software so we need answers quickly.

Pros:

It's intuitive and fairly easy to pick up how to use.

Cons:

would like the scheduling to have EOW feature

12 months ago

Hi Darren, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you've found the software easy to use, however are sorry to hear that our communication has not met your expectations. We are always looking for ways to improve, so we appreciate your feedback. Thank you, and have a great day!

Jim B.
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Well worth the Investment

5 5 years ago

Comments: The support from the top down has been tremendous. Always accommodating and a whatever we can do for you attitude. A rarity today.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review, Coach Ballard!

Peter D.

Upper hand Review

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall I have had a very good experience with upper hand their customer service support is extremely efficient

Pros:

Overall a very good product reasonably priced and very good customer service

Cons:

I think the software overall is very good with constant upgrades

2 years ago

Hi Peter, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're thrilled to hear your positive feedback about our product, customer support, and constant upgrades. We put a lot of work into those areas, so we're glad to hear it's serving the purpose! Have a great day!

Freddy M.
Owner DBHS in US
Sports, 2-10 Employees

User friendly and great features

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Tabs are easy to use and build registration links. Customer support is very responsive.

Cons:

Would like to have more access to be able to add/delete certain things. I feel like I have to ask support as opposed to there just being a button to do it myself.

last year

Hi Freddy, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear that you find our software easy to use and positive experiences with our customer support team. Thank you for your feedback on how we can continue to improve! Have a great day!

Sandi L.
Sports, 201-500 Employees

New User

5 2 years ago

Comments: Being a new user we are still figuring out the system and find it difficult to "undo" some of the problems we are running in to. Customer Support has been great about helping us with work arounds and more importantly, escalating problems that aren't fixable to the design team to see if they can implement some needed changes.

Pros:

It provides a means to keep our appointments organized.

Cons:

It doesn't let you manipulate much for our specific need.

2 years ago

Hi Sandi, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are thrilled to hear that you have had a great experience with our support staff. We're sorry to hear that you've found it difficult to undo certain things, and we'd like to learn more about the specifics you're referring to. We will be reaching out to setup a product feedback call to learn more about these use cases. Again, thank you for the review!

Sal R.
General Manager in US

DBAT Chatt

4 2 years ago

Pros:

It seems to be a very usable software with everything we need in our business.

Cons:

Biggest drawback is the lack of training that we received. And for the most part we struggled to get quick response to problem solving as they arose. Tho that has changed greatly in last week or so. Again, most likely due to training issues and not program issues

2 years ago

Sal, First off, thanks for sharing your feedback. We are happy to hear that our software does everything you need to operate your business. However, we are sorry about the lack of initial training you and your staff received. We hope that having our staff on site at your facility over the next two days will help solve this issue. Again, thank you for taking the time to write this review!