Cornerstone LMS Reviews

by Cornerstone OnDemand

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    3.9 /5

About Cornerstone LMS

Cornerstone's LMS is available 24/7, mobile-friendly, and empowers workers to grow their skills and knowledge at their convenience.

Learn more about Cornerstone LMS

Showing 25 reviews of 136

Michelle M.
Compliance Training Specialst
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"Cornerstone OnDemand is my new best friend"

Pros: Cornerstone OnDemand is a great product to use for learning.
The specific way I use the product at this time is to deliver, track, and record keep all the compliance training that is provided to each employee.
The new Reporting 2.0 tool has an amazing functionality called Exception Reporting.
This allows you to ensure that all persons required to take a training have in fact been assigned the training. This is extremely helpful to ensure that no employee is missed and everyone meets their annual training requirements. Additionally, Cornerstone has an amazing group of individuals that are available when you have a question. There are multiple ways to get assistance, from online Help Center to over the phone Office Hours to topic specific training with their trainers.
I highly recommend using Cornerstone OnDemand as your next LMS.

Cons: I don't like that when you 'page back' you have to re-enter your criteria. It would be great to be able to go back one page and have your selections be there and not have to start over. I'm sure they are working on a fix though.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2020
Leena P.
Manager-Projects
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"An enhanced LMS for the new century customers..."

Comments: Overall experience with Cornerstone On Demand is very good and positive. It has a positive impact on the Return on Investment and meets most of the business objectives. I highly recommend the solution.

Pros: Cornerstone OnDemand - It's a complete HCM Suite including an advanced Learning Management System. Most admirable features are:
- Learning Admin Console enhancements
- Edge Import
- Reporting 2.0
- Integration feasibility

Cons: Customer support is not up-to the mark. The response time and the resolving time for any tickets will take lot of time. Otherwise the product is a complete solution for any type of industry.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2019
Sara S.
HR Business Partner
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2020

"Cornerstone OnDemand"

Comments: Our business use for this was tracking regulatory training for roughly 12 trainers in the health care field. This is also where people could sign up for in-person training whether that was a leadership class, CPR, etc. We were starting to use it for succession planning - although I feel we could have just used PowerPoint. We didn't use it for performance although we looked into it.

Pros: This is a flashy LMS. It looks great to the user. For a large organization, this was helpful with tracking regulatory trainings and more. It has all the bells and whistles.

Cons: The reason I would never recommend this to a colleague is because of the price and admin functions. First, the price. We were shown from the beginning, everything the system could offer, which we obviously loved, but shame on us for not asking additional questions. What we saw and what we got were different. For additional pricing, we could add on. Even customer service hours were charged. In the end this costed triple what we originally thought. Furthermore, my second issue was the admin functionality. It was extremely complicated. We had 12 trainers working on the back end to get it implemented, on top of that we eventually hired 3 full time employees to work on the admin part for upgrades, running reports, etc. That is obviously another cost. As much as the system was user friendly... It wasn't worth the cost when there are plenty of learning management systems that are user and admin friendly, for less.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2020
Karen R.
Group Resourcing Operations Manager
Automotive, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2019

"Cornerstone Recruitment Module"

Comments: Overall the experience has been good and we are happy with the recruitment solution we have in place. It is helping us to report on sources and cost which is brilliant for making data driven decisions rather than trying to guess what sources are working and what are not as often is the case when using other ATS systems without this functionality.

Pros: The software is user friendly and pretty adaptable to fit our business needs. Most of the screens are modern in design (some need updating) and the workflows are able to be flexed so that the process is not clunky and hard to navigate. It works well for our internal recruitment team and for the most part our candidates, although some improvement could be made to restricting views to some of our managers as they for our process we dont need them to see some of the status's or have the ability to change them. Overall it is one of the better recruitment systems out there for flexibility and functionality. The fact that we are able to track candidates source is crucial to our business and supports our budgeting strategy really well.

Cons: The helpdesk support could be better and more efficient in responding. Having the ability to share screens in real time to highlight issues or discuss improvements that could be made would be better.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2019
Jamie D.
LMS Admin/Training Specialist
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2016

"A quality LMS and performance management product"

Comments: I've been an administrator for Cornerstone (CSOD) for about 2 years now. We use the Learning and Connect modules and we have added Observation Checklists from the Performance module. I've previously managed 5 other LMSs in both corporate and education settings. I can honestly say that CSOD is one of my favorites, however, it's not without frustrations at times. Pros:
-There's been little to no unscheduled downtime.
-They have a quarterly release schedule, which is packed with useful features and updates and then bug fixes/maintenance windows EOW.
-The LMS module works well with most SCORM compliant courses. An issue I struggled with while managing another competitor. We mainly use Articulate Storyline 1 & 2, but it also works well with tutorials that we've purchased from third parties.
-Reporting is powerful and available real-time.
-The enrollment tools allow for a single enrollment or dynamic/scheduled enrollments.
-I really like the customization offered in the portal. Welcome and custom pages have just enough flexibility to allow for creativity, yet are still easy to use. There are also settings for the menu and branding, which allow you to create a unique experience for you audience.
-The system has played well with our nightly user feed from SAP.
-I manage several user roles that allow me to effective manage the rights of various users throughout the system.
-CSOD has revamping several areas of the system to give them a more modern look and feel.
-Additionally, they have a mobile app that just recently received an update that updated its UI.
-Their user conference is one of the best I've ever attended.
Cons:
-Their Global Product Support is sub-par and has been ever since I started managing the system, despite what they call "growing pains" within their structure that they are supposed to be addressing. Not a very good excuse and it is tiring working with them at times.
-Although their mobile app is decent, they seem to introduce a new bug with every release and they only update the app quarterly, so my users have to live with the bug for 3 months before it is patched.
-Their integration with WebEx for vILT just broke last year and it took them 8-10 months to patch it.
-There overall message is that they are a tech company that is fun and nimble like Google or Facebook, however, with their fast growth, they feel like they are moving the direction of SAP and Oracle.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2016
Nate M.
HRIS Analyst
Insurance, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"CSOD Review"

Comments: We have been working with CSOD for almost two years. Of all the modules CSOD has to offer, the LMS is probably the best. CSOD offers some great resources to get your questions answered however, their Global Product Support for more technical questions/issues is terrible. They have made an effort to improve that team recently however, it has a long way to go. I mentioned it above in the cons section - if you plan on using multiple modules be aware that each module seems to have been developed in a silo effort & there is no consistency throughout.

Pros: 1. Quarterly releases with a transparent road map
2. Offers a Client Portal to connect, ask questions & make suggestions, which actually gets used & is useful
3. Scheduled down times are limited
4. Recent updates have added a more modern UI/UX

Cons: 1. Global Product Support
2. Global Product Support
3. Global Product Support
4. If you plan on using CSOD's other modules (e.g. Performance, ATS, etc) keep in mind that there is no consistency & the UI/UX will be different depending on where the user is in the system. Although you cannot consider this a con of their LMS.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Giulia M.
Organizational Development and Learning Specialist
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2015

"Easy to use for the Learner and Administrator"

Comments: The best part of the product is reporting functionality. I love the custom reporting function that allows me to gather and analyze specific data. It is easy to organize my reports and run them time and again. I also love that it has the ability to send my reports directly to my e-mail. The reporting has been especially helpful for when auditors request training records and managers need full reports of their direct reports' training. In addition to the reporting functionality, Cornerstone as a vendor has been great! I have an amazing team that I can rely on to provide me with the answers and solutions to my issues and initiatives. When evaluating a Learning Management System, I think that the support you receive after implementation is just as important as the product itself. Of course, you wish to receive a product that meets all of your business needs, but it's important to also look for a company that provides ongoing support. Cornerstone provides that to their clients. As an administrator, I found the system to be very easy to learn and use. It's logical and provides a clean look. Users require very little training on how to use the system. It's intuitive for them and for someone like me, saves time from needing to train users. Thus far, I have been able to implement all business initiatives through the Cornerstone system. There have even been a few requests that I have been able to accommodate using a work-around that Cornerstone helped me create. The system is well designed. I have never logged onto the system and have it be unavailable (unless during scheduled maintenance). You can trust this product and its team to fix system issues quickly and efficiently. Cornerstone consistently provides support to its clients. In the beginning stages, the sales person helps you to purchase the right product for your business needs. You are then paired with an implementation specialist who makes the process easy! After implementation, you are assigned a client success manager. My CSM always makes time for me and returns my e-mails/phone calls. In addition, I can always reach out to global product support and take part in webinars with other clients and CSMs to get answers to my questions.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2015
Nicolas S.
HR Project Manager
Airlines/Aviation, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2019

"Efficient SaaS tool, used since more than 8 years"

Pros: Quite efficient and complete learning solution
Continuous new features on recruitment to be highest than the average of the market
Implementation performed by Cornerstone and an integrator (in 2010 and 2015)
Dedicated points of contact : 1 for commercial, 1 for technical
Security role management

Cons: Still some delays to get answer on support (~2-3 days)
Wait some features improvements to improve administrative action in the system.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2019
Sharon T.
Instructional Designer
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2019

"A great Talent Mgmt Portal"

Comments: Lets you assign complex training (curriculums) to a complex organization and groups. Reporting is basic.

Pros: LMS, onboarding, performance management, collaboration and communication, social - everything you need for talent management in a corporation/

Cons: The admin side is very difficult to use. Also, Cornerstone has the habit of halfway launching new features without fully "baking" them. They push out "flashy" features to gain new clients but dont execute well at all.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2019
Deanna E.
VP HR
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2017

"Excellent LMS software"

Pros: This software allows integration with other softwares to upload content which was a nice feature because we had multiple sources of learning content that could be housed in one area. The mass communication feature was great to inform participants of changes, etc. to the course work.

Cons: When we first starting using Cornerstone on Demand the products Performance and Learning systems were separate, which at times created double work/entry. That has been fixed.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2017
Jessica M.
Manager, Talent Management Systems
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2015

"High Quality Product and Excellent Support Team!"

Comments: I've been working in this industry for over 10 years and throughout my experience I have managed several different LMS systems, but CSOD, by far, has been the most impressive. During our LMS Selection process we evaluated over 27 vendors and scored/compared each across many different rating factors such as easy to use, low cost, easy to learn, extensive features/functionality, powerful reporting, customer service support etc. CSOD was the highest scoring vendor and after conducting hands on analysis and performing extensive due diligence (i.e. reference check, examining financial health, customer/industry reviews) we made the choice to move forward with CSOD. We haven't had any regrets since then. Our LMS implementation went very smoothly and we've been live for over one year now. The feedback we've received from our organization regarding the LMS has been nothing but positive, and due to this top management has decided to invest in the Recruiting and Onboarding modules.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2015
Thomas D.
Sr. HR Business Partner
Accounting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"Build to suit"

Comments: So far, so good.

Pros: The software is customizable and can be tailored to the business needs

Cons: Coding knowledge is helpful. Also, if you have to go in after someone else builds an item, it takes a while to decode their programming.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Nicole L.
VP People
Entertainment, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2018

"Best in breed LMS"

Pros: Well thought through in terms of learning processes. Tied to competencies and user profiles. Reporting is useful and robust.

Cons: Profile match up of user types with individuals was awkward and time consuming. Should be improved as it’s a key feature of a LMS

• Reviewed on 24/12/2018
Chris D.
  • Reviewed on 29/02/2016

"Cornerstone OnDemand"

Comments: What do you like best? Cornerstone OnDemand offers a lot of customization to fit a large variety of different types of companies. The system can be quite flexible in many areas, and the quarterly releases do a lot to allow you to prepare for new features. The LMS functionality is quite robust, allowing for online courses, customizable certifications, instructor-led courses, and much more. What do you dislike? It can be quite intimidating for a first-timer to navigate the various settings and menus of the system. There are a lot of resources for troubleshooting issues, but doesn't seem to be well-organized or the information is out-of-date. Could be better use of just-in-time training.

• Reviewed on 29/02/2016
Cristina D.
Underwriter
Banking, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"cornerstone"

Pros: I like the how it helps me learn new skills and and new information through this platform. As a visual learner it can provide interactive options by answering quiz questions.

Cons: Sometimes the system is faulted by not showing a training task is completed; however, this only happened in one situation.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Karl-henri L.
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2015

"Easier than most"

Comments: Pros:
- Learner Emails are easy to setup
- Security model is simplified
- Transcript is simple to understand
- Report engine is powerful and easy to use
- Can Create custom pages
- curricula as easy for learners
- mobile friendly even before the app
- Connect tool
- Frequent releases and patches
-Learning Calendar
- Can call a rep or enter a ticket
- Client Community
- Webex integration
- Dashboards
Cons:
- Content Publisher is a black hole
- Akamai Refresh
- Custom Reporting is not yet real-time
- Releases and patches seem to come all the time
- Cannot chat with a rep (Can call though)

• Reviewed on 06/11/2015
Christian V.
Training Director
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2015

"Top notch LMS-Small firm treated like a large corporation"

Comments: I have used different types of LMS in the past, but Cornerstone On-Demand is by far the lead dog. Its capabilities are boundless thus being customizable to fit your company needs. Aside from the product being a premier resource, CSOD's customer service is first class. They provide a wealth of online resources, access to 24/7 support teams and a dedicated Client Success Manager (CSM).
I want to send a huge thank you to my CSM who works closely with our account. Her patience and understanding to meet the needs of a smaller client are what guided our partnership to be successful and still continues to be.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2015
Anita B.
CHRO
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Complex System & Complex Implementation"

Comments: This system is not ideal for smaller companies.

Pros: Cornerstone LMS provides many valuable tools and modules.

Cons: Cornerstone LMS is not at all easy to implement.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2019
Apoorva M.
Manager, Traning Design
  • Reviewed on 02/06/2016

"Happy customer"

Comments: We started using cornerstone in 2014. This new lms came as a big relief from our previous one. I loved the reporting functionality. There are several things we use c- calculated fields and multi-mode custom reports to monitor our company's learning and development progress. One feature that I would like to see added -
Preview link for all courses. Currently we make up the link and store in excel spreadsheet. Would be nice if the link is easily available.

• Reviewed on 02/06/2016
Christopher M.
Credit Manager
Machinery, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"Great tool for Learning management"

Pros: Our HR dept implemented Cornerstone last year for our Continuing Education. It deals with everything from Workplace Safety, health tips to best business practices.

Cons: There hasn't really been anything with Cornerstone that I have disliked so far. It has been fantastic.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Amarili G.
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2016

"great, unexpected experience!"

Comments: I really enjoyed learning of Cornerstone and all of the power in the software programs. Learned many new things that will help me moving forward with implementation, recordkeeping, and future online training. It would be wonderful if some kind of thumbprint ID were available someday to capture completed training or education. Butno matter, still loved it!

• Reviewed on 03/02/2016
Zachary J.
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2015

"Cornerstone LMS Review"

Comments: I have been working with Cornerstone and the LMS cloud for years. Easy to use, Easy to set up, Companies that have moved to this product have seen all the benefits the product can offer. Cornerstone, is way ahead of the competition. The product is continually updated with new and exciting features.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2015
Lis J.
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2016

"Great Learning Mgmt System"

Comments: What I like about cornerstone is the ability to integrate with Salesforce.com. It's easy to use and much more modern feeling than other learning tools I've used through work.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2016
Colin F.
Marketing Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2016

"Straighforward Platform That's Versatile"

Comments: As a user & content manager, the software has enough flexibility to make it possible to create curriculum & courses for employees and customers. Once populated they are easy to find and sign up for.

Pros: Intuitive, nice display

• Reviewed on 31/10/2016
Johann C.
Learning Manager
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2020

"Simply Awful"

Comments: Absolutely awful, once you sign that contract no one responds to you in a timeline manner. You get a lot of "that is how the system is built, can't help you" answers. They have a great sales team and awful everything else.

Pros: Not a lot to be honest. If you have to pick something, it would be their reporting 2.0 tool. When it doesn't freeze or error out, it is simple to use.

Cons: Where to start? Here are just a few highlights:
- The worst customer service I'd ever experience working with a vendor.

- They take days to reply to emails, same for technical support tickets, even when they are labeled as a high priority.
- When you call the support line, their reps are customer service agents who are just reading the same outdated info you find on their documentation online, so useless. -If you need to escalate the issue, prepare to wait 2 days for a reply, the first reply will always be a question about something you already explained on the initial ticket. Then you'll be waiting at least another 48 hrs for an update on their "investigation." - Their compatibility with iPads has become very bad. Since 13.1 came out, we've had nothing but problems with files not loading, 404 errors, server errors, and to make matter worse, expect to wait a week or more to be told, there is nothing they can do. - If you have to set permissions at different levels, good luck figuring out how the hundreds of individual permissions interconnect and how they are dependent on each other. Their own training team can't help you with this area. So if you plan to create any custom permissions that fall outside the few standard positions they have already created, good luck, prepare to spend weeks testing settings. - They refused a 1-year extension and said that they wouldn't consider anything less than 2 and that there would be a significant price increase for less than 3.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2020