Finale Inventory Reviews

by Finale Inventory

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.7 /5

About Finale Inventory

Finale Inventory is the most adaptable and flexible inventory management system to support the workflows of your growing business.

Learn more about Finale Inventory

Craig C.
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"Have multiple sales channels? Finale works!"

Comments: Overall I have to say one of the most impressive experiences with Finale is its people. It's a small group of people who work personally to help you get set up and learn the system. They know their stuff, are professional and friendly. It really is like they are a part of your own team. Their customer service is fantastic, they respond quickly and can get you moving in the right direction right away. You get the feeling that they want to help you be successful.

Pros: The software is impressive because it works. Our previous inventory management software would have "glitches" sometimes it didn't sync our five sales channels so we were constantly experiencing inventory issues. That stopped with Finale and our numbers have been spot on since. One thing that makes Finale a winning choice for us is that it integrates with Square which we use for POS in our brick and mortar store. Finale keeps our store, website and internet marketplaces inventory synced in near real time.

Cons: I have to force myself to come up with things I don't like about Finale. But if I could have a wish list, I would like it to automatically sync new products every few minutes like it does with inventory rather than nightly. Although, you can manually initiate the sync. A little more automation with sales channel associations and expected product cost would be nice too.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2021
Karen C.
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2020

"Finale Is Great"

Comments: I have to say the people at Finale are wonderful to deal with. We have had to have numerous calls and they are always so helpful.

Pros: We have a lot of product assembly kit items and finale allows you to create those and have the pieces taken out of inventory when the kit is sold. It is hard to find a good kitting inventory software.

Cons: We had to convert our cases to pieces to make this software work with the multiple locations. It is very hard for us to get use to this.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2020
Kristin J.
Operations Director
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2021

"Hairbrella x Finale"

Comments: I've had an awesome experience with Finale so far. We plan to grow and they assured us they'd grow with us.

Pros: The setup process was very straight forward. Setting up your inventory system can be very tedious but it's very important that it is done correctly. Finale can be fully customized for any type of business.

Cons: I wouldn't change anything at all. Finale can be pretty complex to a new user so I would suggest teaming up with support. They're very friendly and can help you become a Finale pro in no time.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2021
Bryce C.
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Great Product!"

Comments: Great product, great customer service, been a game changer for our business!

Pros: The software is very easy to learn and use, along with great features and functionality. Has some great workarounds and has been able to do everything we've needed and much more.

Cons: It's great so far, no complaints that I can think of to date.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Brett H.
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Finale Inventory Has Transformed Our Company"

Comments: We had purchased another inventory management system (Fishbowl) prior to Finale and we struggled to get it implemented for an embarrassingly long time. Everybody in the organization that touched it, hated it... and eventually I decided to abandon it and start my search over. After looking at an endless amount of options a friend recommended Finale. I remember looking at the reviews on Capterra and thinking it was just too good to be true, but that if they were true, I'd found my system. I poured through the demo videos expecting to find something that didn't jibe with how we did business, but I never did. So we started a trial. I was very worried about push back from my staff, especially from the person that would be in charge of implementing it. Within 20 minutes of her poking around she was in love. Once we decided to move forward with it we were ready to start using it within a few weeks. We're using Finale with ShipStation. The learning curve for both was almost non-existent. I have total buy-in from everybody that touches it. It's allowed us to become way better about keeping inventory in stock, made purchasing in time from overseas much easier. It's virtually eliminated shipping errors. For the first time in 20 years of running an inventory based business I TRUST what my inventory management system tells me I have in stock. Most importantly, Finale has made us light years better at serving our customers.

Pros: Customer support is insanely good. It accurately tracks inventory across several warehouses and sales channels. The integration with Shipstation has revolutionized how we pick, pack and ship. Creating and tracking bills of material across many complicated assemblies is easy and intuitive. Picking using handheld scanners has virtually eliminated errors. In fact, we just went 30 days without a single report of a shipping error from a customer, and have averaged less than a 0.2% error rate in the 8 months that we've been using Finale. With our old system, the error rate was close to 3.0%. Cycle counts with handhelds have eliminated the need to close down to take inventory, we're going to be off on December 31st for the first time ever!

Cons: We had a little bit of trouble with how Finale tracks BOM of an assembly sold on a marketplace, but worked with their support to find a workaround that has been satisfactory. Even though we didn't like the way it handled it out of the box, we felt like our needs were listened to and a permenant fix is being worked on.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Rod S.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2018

"Excellent Cloud Based Inventory Solution For E-Commerce/3rd Party Website Sales"

Pros: What isn't there to love about Finale Inventory! We have been a using Finale Inventory since August 2014 and absolutely love it. We are an online retailer selling primarily on eBay and Amazon including Amazon FBA. Some of the features we love:
-Highly Customizable, nearly everything within the software can be customized to the way you want to view it on screen, printed as a report, for search, etc.
- Shipstation Integration (Complete integration including even quick view of stock levels from multiple sources within individual Shipstation Orders).
- Push Stock Levels (Automatically pushes stock levels to all marketplaces, which for us is Amazon, EBay and Shopify).
-Push Lead Days (Automatically sends lead time to marketplaces as stock levels change from different suppliers).
-Easy Copy Paste spreadsheet type updates - If you are fine with Excel, they have made the system easy with a simple copy paste to add new items, update stock levels, change prices etc.
-Multiple product lookups - ability to link multiple SKUs to one master SKU
-Kits and Bundles support - Easy to build kits with bill of materials and push stock levels to market places.
-Multiple Locations/Warehouses
-Multiple custom item attributes
-Quickbooks accounting integration.
-Quick view item sales history
-FAST customer support.
-Developers seem to be open to adding new features based on customer input.

Cons: Coming from a different software previously (Inflow Inventory), there was a steep learning curve as you would expect. Figuring out how you want to customize your screen takes some time as there are just so many features.

• Reviewed on 05/10/2018
Annmarie M.
CFO
International Trade & Development, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Great System and Improving All the Time"

Comments: Unfortunately I get the honor of saying that I have been involved in many system purchases, conversions and implementations throughout the years. This applies to many different system types (i.e. accounting, 3rd party bolt ons, inhouse builds, payroll, inventory, analytics, etc.). Finale may forgo at this point some of the 'prettiness' for full throttled efficiency, company specific customization and outstanding customer service. Which is the right direction for me and the companies that I represent. Pretty doesn't get the job done. Not that it can't but too many software companies sell you a system that looks pretty but is limited. Or requires you to continue to purchase additional features...Finale has it built in. While I know Finale has been working on 'pretty' I would still recommend to them to focus on the things that have brought some world class professionals in the area of inventory to their doorstep. I'm a tough customer but this company has partnered with us - I give them a high recommend and look forward to their continued growth.

Pros: Efficient Entry
Customization both in entry fields and reporting
Great Customer Service!
Company always seems to be working on system improvements

Cons: All systems lack something but there are no real standouts to me right now. Having done so many system ups, I have had to find less manual or other workarounds to run this system.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Steve B.
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2015

"Finale is the best SMB inventory, orders and returns management system on available on the market!"

Comments: We've been searching the right system to take our company to the next level, lowering working hours and human errors in managing our inventory, sales and especially returns.
We've been checking 13 different cloud based software solutions and were mainly interested in 3 features:
1. Manage and sync inventory between our online platforms, Amazon and Magento and offline wholesale orders - so there will be no sells for out of stock items.
2. Manage and sync orders between our online based platforms, shipping platform, ShipStation and our accounting software, QBO - so we won't have to retype those fields to create invoices and payments and prevent human errors in this important area.
3. Manage returns - simply as that! I can't believe that an item based business (not a service based) doesn't manage it's returned orders same as it's outgoing orders.
Too much to ask?
So first, apparently, very few of the 13 platforms we checked have a returns management system. Some is still in development and most of them don't even have it.
Finale has a simple Sale Return feature that does just that in a very smart manner.
Second, most platforms sync automatically with QBO, with rules that are hard coded in their software. This has created a big mess in our QBO account, creating new customers, orders on a different serial number and duplicate items.
Finale has a manual sync with QBO that shows you exactly what is going to be synced and you can configure it to work as you wish.
Last and not least, many of the platforms had lots of connection problems with Magento, in addition to miss information when syncing to ShipStation like the shipping method, weight of the package etc.
Finale integration works great! all the order information comes right to ShipStation and then to Finale to sync inventory to the other marketplaces almost instantly.
Finale has a simple look and interface which may look old fashion comparing the new fancy looks but you should know to "not judge a book buy it's cover"!.
Finale works fast. really fast! importing new information, sync orders and inventory and many more.
It has many options that helps you configure Finale to work for you and not the opposite.
They offer quick way to import information, use a barcode scanner and many different kinds of reports.
They have a dedicated team that it is a pleasure to contact in any case or problem, and any software have some.
We hope Finale will keep grow and improve and wish them all the best!

• Reviewed on 23/11/2015
Chris C.
Product Sales Manager
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2018

"Finale has been instrumental in helping our company grow!"

Comments: Any roadblock I have ever encountered has been effectively removed by Finales outstanding customer support!

Pros: Finale is easy to understand and their customer service is absolutely outstanding! As a multichannel ecommerce seller, with a robust magento 2 website, B2B portal, wholesale and retail accounts, Finale has been instrumental in managing our inventory, purchase orders, sales and shipping services with simple and easy to use integrations backed up by top notch customer support. Finale's support and adaptability has allowed us to gain in-depth insight into our business. By working with us and our changing needs, Finale has helped us manage profitability of our products, customer trends, ecommerce channel sales and supplier ordering, allowing us to grow seamlessly over several years. We have come to rely on Finale as an integral part of our business, and I can't imagine being able to manage the intricate aspects of our business without it!

• Reviewed on 09/01/2018
Reid C.
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees

"Fits like a glove"

Comments: The finale has really allowed us to effectively manage our warehouse. We are on a service plan level that provided one on one help setting up the system and believe it was worth the extra money. WE have been using the service for almost two years and our happy on all fronts. As an FYI for us, the real part that separates Finale from other WMS systems are the handheld scanners. No other system in this price range offers this functionality and it is a great time saver. Their customer service is great but not needing to drag a laptop or a funky smartphone solution through the warehouse is a game changer. There is allot of functionality that we cannot speak to as we do not use allot of it the warehouse module is rock solid.

Pros: The handheld warehouse functionality

Cons: The lack of product filtering and grouping, Product "grids" are limited to only 4-5 filters and several of those are fixed. You also can not save searches or filtered results.

Jolynn M.
Materials Development Director
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2015

"Great Cloud-based Inventory Tool"

Comments: We needed a solution for a complicated international, multi-location barcoded inventory management system that was easy to understand, quick to implement and that could manage the complexity of our business model. The team at Finale was quick to understand our needs and worked hard to create solutions, within their framework in an extremely timely manner, that worked.
Start easy: We went live in less than 3 months of our first engagement. It was a team effort that included a specific and doable work plan from the leadership at Finale. Any glitch or issue that came up they were quick to respond and trouble shoot. As the project sponsor, I felt well informed, abreast of the issues and included on solutions.
Reduce Human Error: The Finale team has the depth and breadth to listen and respond to the complexities of the business model by asking pointed questions to increase their knowledge of business processes. We started to capture our inventory as we were still working out the nuances of our model, and although I know it was stressful for them, as the client they were nothing but professional and timely in there solutions.
Peace of Mind: Having no inventory system at all, to having the Finale Inventory System is allowing us to take our business to the next level. We are able to see at a glance, globally, what we have in inventory and shift product around to speed our time to market. What use to take weeks/months to resolve, now can be achieved in hours.
Work anywhere: We have inventory in multiple countries around the globe. As the Director of the division, I can see at a glance from wherever I am not only the inventory levels, but I can run reports and give directives that will save us considerable resources, both monetary and human.
I highly recommend the team at Finale and their inventory tool. They are fantastic to work with. They are solution driven, they listen, they inform when scope creep arises, and they are mindful of budgets, time and deliverables. A winning team.

• Reviewed on 05/01/2015
Jason G.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

"Finale review"

Comments: I love it but I really need you to be compatible with ultracart. that would save my life so much. I have to manually add it to Ultracart. It really adds to the difficulty of managing. I hope you guys are working on this because the Ultracart platform is such a great one for e-commerce I won't be leaving it. Please Please Please do it. I would have given you all five stars on everything.

Pros: My favorite part is that it tracks multiple skus from different sales channels. It is awesome. Exactly what I need.

Cons: Doesn't integrate with Ultracart. I need this badly.

Eric S.
Online Fulfillment
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2017

"Great Inventory Software"

Pros: Finale is an easy to use inventory software that keeps all of your inventory organized and allows you to see which locations your stock is, and makes refilling inventory simple.

Cons: Haven't run into any issues with Finale, and they are always available to help with any support or technical issues. Everything works around Excel, so if you don't know how to use excel, it may be a bit difficult.

• Reviewed on 09/11/2017
Jacob G.
Webmaster
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2017

"Excellent product, wide range of functions, amazing customer support, thanks Chinh!"

Comments: Fully managed warehouse & Inventory with easy to understand setup.

Pros: It's very convenient to use, and has a very wide range of functions and compaitibility. It also allows us to automate pretty much everything involved in our inventory and warehouse.

Cons: I wouldn't mind a desktop application, and maybe a bit better function with multiple tabs, I find it tends to lag with more than one.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2017
Danielle M.
Front Office Manager
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2019

"Everything in one"

Comments: Having Finale inventory system in our warehouse has saved us time and money. The system is everything we have been looking for. It gives us one main hub to work from for all our inventory. I recommend Finale to everyone I talk to looking for a system.

Pros: User Friendly,
Customer Support is always there to help that take the time to make sure we understand it
Integrates everything we have into one
Multiple Users Can be on it at once
How to Videos on Every question we have

Cons: I really cant think of anything that I don't like about Finale

• Reviewed on 05/02/2019
Co-Founder & President
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2019

"Highly Recommended! Easiest Inventory Solution Provider and Priced for everyone!"

Comments: If I didn't already have SAGE in place, I would jump all over these guys. Don't waste your time with QB inventory, or anyone else. Call these guys, or try out their free trial. You will see what I mean. Just watch the videos and you will be hooked at how easy this system is to use.

Pros: So easy to use! Love how they have training videos for every little thing. No way you can go wrong. Fast support, priced right. From startup to Mid size, this is the solution you have been looking for. Not as complicated at SAGE, and integrates with many of the needed providers like ShipStation.

Cons: If I didn't already have SAGE in place, I would jump all over these guys.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2019
Hayley M.
Partner/Owner
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2017

"Finale Inventory has been a game changer for us. We can now track our inventory on multiple channels"

Pros: We added Finale Inventory to manage our inventory across multiple sales channels. Finale Inventory is easy to use and it does the job. Setup was simple and customer support is fantastic. When we have questions we can't figure out on our own we get a response within hours, not days. It's also easy to create PO's and automatically adds the inventory when the products are received.

Cons: The only suggestion I would make is on the Product Lookup page. I experience some challenges when adding multiple quantities (packing) to a product lookup. I've learned a workaround, but other than that I use it regularly and love it.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2017
Kevin B.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2014

"Been Needing this for 30 Years"

Comments: Finale Fireworks Inventory Module makes your Inventory and BATFE Record keeping interactive and easy if you follow the system. They are continually improving and updating the program. Having used manual systems, spread sheets and even written my own database this is the best solution I have ever seen for BATFE Compliant Inventory Management. Having used text based scripting systems since the 80's, I was never a huge fan of graphical fireworks choreography programs but I do enjoy being able to see the show develop. The software is quick and you're not bogged down in the graphics, so you can quickly assemble your shows and get the job done. We gave the program a 4 star rating on ease of use because while it is intuitive populating the animations isn't the easiest thing. However, it does a great job animating on the product descriptions. We have added our equipment inventory as well so we can track its movement and project what we will need. Finale is an integral part of our operations now.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2014
Brittany C.
Telecommunications
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2014

"Finale Inventory Software"

Comments: Finale Inventory Software has made inventory control in our warehouses very efficient. Since using this program our inventory has been easier to track, and ordering has become simpler. We use this inventory system to track all materials that are brought in and taken out of both of our warehouses, and notify our managers and billing personnel of materials that have been placed on job sites. Our representative has been extremely helpful in helping us learn the software and has assisted us with several trainings.

Pros: This inventory system is very customizable.The representatives are very helpful at customizing reports and screens to match our needs.

Cons: The only piece that is missing is that we could use the ability to have product kits which I believe they are working on.

by Finale Inventory on 03/10/2014

Finale does have the ability to create kits or product bundles. More information can be found here:

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2014
Mohammad S.
General Manager
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2016

"Great Inventory Management for the Right Price"

Comments: Finale offers inventory management for your online selling channels as well as warehouse. Very easy to use. Some improvements are a must such as wireless syncing and eliminate the need to create lookups. Overall very satisfied

Pros: Easy to use. Mobile device solution for picking, receiving...etc. You can customize product/stock screen view and add/remove filters to see what you need. Lots of features and ability to customize.

Cons: No wireless syncing available yet and you have to create product lookup for everything you list on selling channels or otherwise will not update. This should be automatic.

by Finale Inventory on 09/05/2017

Based on customer demand, WiFi syncing for the barcode scanners is now available. More information can be found here: http://www.finaleinventory.com/blog/product-news/wifi-syncing-available-for-mobile-barcode-scanners

Greg H.

"Great tool"

Comments: I have a family business with roughly 600 SKUs that is growing fast. The kids run it and the inventory would be absolutely impossible to manage without good software, especially considering some of the SKUs are purchased on a JIT basis. Finale does a great job of simplifying it. Placing reorders with vendors only takes a few minutes every day and it integrates well with ShipStation to simplify that process. We have occasional bugs and issues, especially with the scanners, but as far as I can tell, the software offers quite good value at a reasonable cost.

Pros: Cost, functionality, speed of application in a browser

Cons: Some bugs

Florian Z.
Computerized systems specialist
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2017

"It's an ok product"

Comments: I am not a huge fan of finale but it is very simple to use and implement.

Pros: Very easy to use, cheap, and easy to implement.

Cons: Not much to it.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2017
Peter R.
Creative Director
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2017

"Great Service!"

Comments: We are using Finale Inventory to run a fireworks company and the service is outstanding! Phone support is quick and painless and the inventory is remarkably easy to use. If you have decent excel files with data, inputting your information is quick and painless. It has already saved us countless time and trouble. I would highly recommend it as an amazing value!

Pros: Ease of importing data using Excel spreadsheets as well as the ability to link with so many other platforms.

Cons: Extra smart scanner purchase was not expected. I'd like some more functionality with a basic USB scanner directly into the software.

• Reviewed on 04/01/2017
David R.
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2013

"Great Inventory Solution- Finale Inventory"

Comments: Our business has grown nonstop over the last 8 years. At first, the number of products were minimal and an excel spreadsheet was all we needed. After a few years, we needed a solution that wouldn't be outgrown overnight. We looked around at various options and decided to go with Finale Inventory because of its ease of use, uptime reliability, and support. One of my favorite features is that our employees can access the software from anywhere and multiple users can be logged in simultaneously. I highly recommend Finale to any business looking for an inventory solution that can grow with you.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2013
Kim C.
Furniture, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2016

"Just the inventory tool we were looking for!"

Comments: We needed a program that would like to our online shipping program to track and manage our inventory. We had previously been doing manual counts with excel spreadsheets so having this makes keeping track of inventory a lot easier, more efficient and accurate. Unlike some other programs we had researched, Finale Inventory handles our 'kitting' needs without being overpriced. Customer service was on par. Highly recommended!

Pros: It is exactly what we needed. Handles all the complexities at a fair price.

Cons: A lot of initial set up on our end - but that's because of our own internal inventory issues.