Soda PDF Reviews

by LULU Software

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Soda PDF

Soda PDF Anywhere is the first full-featured PDF solution available both as a desktop and a web-based app.

Learn more about Soda PDF

Prudence P.
Staff Accountant
Accounting Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Great for merging PDF files"

Comments: I use this software to merge PDF files. You are able to bring up several files and arrange them in the order you need them merged.

Pros: Soda PDF is very easy to use and has many features.

Cons: I like everything about the software, no cons

• Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Systems Administrator
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2018

"Newly found pleasure using powerful tools for pdf files."

Pros: The thing I like most about this software is the ability to work from the cloud on multiple devices.

Cons: The thing I least like about this software is sometime modifying files in the cloud can be a little slow.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2018
Stephanie faris
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2014

"Its pricing model makes it a winning solution for businesses required to regularly manage and work online with PDFs"

Comments: Soda PDF Online Services’ pricing model makes it a winning solution for individuals and businesses required to regularly work with PDFs. As the workforce becomes increasingly mobile, web-based solutions are expected to become more popular. Once the app offers the ability to edit PDFs, a feature already scheduled for next releases, it will likely prove invaluable to both business and personal users.

Pros: Pricing model, easy to use

Cons: Some features aren't available yet, though already in development

• Reviewed on 25/02/2014
Jon L.
senior design enginee
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2019

"software runs in the background, pops up adds, its as bad as any virus."

Comments: How dare they make a pdf viewer that looks,acts, and eats resources on my computer when the program is not running. Shameful. stay away from this dishonest company.

Pros: it did convert (poorly, but usable,) a table in a pdf to an excel spreadsheet

Cons: pop up adds, adds hidden programs that run in the background, stinks of bloatware resource using junk.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2019
Carl M.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2019

"Bad service. Their guarantee is worth nothing"

Comments: They do not want to pay my mone back with their 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Pros: Nothing. It couldn't edit any words. Edit the content of your documents. That is a lie. You have to buy OCR extra to do that. But they do nopt say that in the fine print.

Cons: When I bought it id did not have OCR. Then I had to pay extra. That was not what I expected. There is no "30-Day Money-Back Guarantee" as promised on their website. Their service is shit.

by LULU Software on 19/03/2019

We already reviewed your support case. As I can see you received a full refund on 14 March. We will also make sure that it will be more obvious that OCR is not included in the Pro version.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2019
Paige R.
Global Learning & Development Specialist
Management Consulting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2021

"New Soda PDF User"

Pros: The software is pretty intuitive. If you just get in there and start working, it is fairly easy to figure out how to use it!

Cons: The training they have out there doesn't reflect the latest version, so sometimes when you research something for help it is a little bit difficult to piece together the how-to steps (i.e. icons are in different locations/tabs)

by LULU Software on 22/07/2021

Hello Paige,
Thank you for sharing that our Soda PDF is easy and intuitive. We really appreciate it.
If you need any guidance, please click Help button (in the right upper corner of your Soda PDF) and then choose User Guide.
You can also contact our support at [email protected] and we will help you for sure.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2021
Kim S.
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2016

"I needed a user-friendly PDF program that I could afford"

Comments: I first purchased Soda to get my sister started on a PDF program, and it was so easy to show her how to use it, I ended up getting Soda as a second PDF program for my own computer. I like having 2 PDF programs so when I am running OCR on a large document I can still be working. I do legal research and our choice of reviewing discovery documents is by PDF. So I deal with literally hundreds of thousands of PDFs. For the price Soda is a great bargain, has all the functionality I need, and you can buy just what you need, you don't have to purchase a fully robust software that you may not need.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2016
Igo C.
Korean Teacher
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2018

"Almost good. A little frustrating."

Pros: Really pretty display they did a fascinating job with the software layout and it just feels good to look at. I also like the concept of having different modules that you can apply to your desire.

Cons: Right from the get-go it takes way too long to install this software. I had to let it do its thing overnight. Also I noticed that trying to convert different files takes extremely long and sometimes it ends up crashing the program. I think I'll pass

• Reviewed on 17/03/2018
Eric R.
CFO
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2019

"Constant Spam and Malware"

Comments: Extremely poor

Pros: Absolutely Nothing ......................

Cons: Downloaded a free trial, decided against it and every day since I downloaded and deleted the program I have a malware on my machine that keeps popping up.
Surely when you delete the program the incessant marketing should cease as well

by LULU Software on 19/03/2019

There definitely should not any popups after you uninstall Soda PDF. Please reach out to our support team, they will help you solve this problem. You can send an E-Mail to [email protected]

• Reviewed on 06/03/2019
Geoff A.
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2021

"Difficult Refund"

Comments: Customer service are more interested in keeping your money than keeping your custom

Pros: The available features and the money back guarantee

Cons: Don't be fooled by the guaranteed 30 day money back guarantee

by LULU Software on 17/04/2021

Hello Geoffrey,
Thank you for sharing your experience with our customer support, we will forward your feedback to the corresponding team.
Also please be informed that we have sent a cancellation request to the billing team our agent will get back to you via email asap to assist you accordingly.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2021
Todd N.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2017

"Glad to find a PDF print / edit solution that works well and easily without lots of configuration"

Comments: PDF Edit, Print solutions in desktop and web portal form so they are accessible from both desktop and mobile. It was a really great solution for me and my work environment.

Pros: Its just works. No need to spend lots of time reading manuals or dealing with settings! Other software that I've used requires a lot of manual configuration or just doesn't work. it is a big upgrade from the free products that normally restrict edits.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2017
Anthony R.
Principal
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2021

"Great when its working, but therein lies the problem..."

Comments: The software does its job pretty well when it is working (although some functions are a little difficult to locate). Unfortunately our experience has been that EVERY time the software updates, we encounter crashes and failures, and have to uninstall and re-install.

Pros: When it is working (note the "when"), it does its job pretty well.

Cons: The fact that it crashes and fails EVERY time that an update is released.

by LULU Software on 03/02/2021

Hi Anthony, thanks for reaching out with your experience. We'd be happy to learn more about your experience and see what we can do to resolve this permanently.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2021
Nick C.
Solution Architect
Government Administration, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2019

"Complete Zero Value for Money"

Comments: Exceptionally poor

Pros: This is my review... it is based on the product's inability to actually do anything and the support that they offer.. If I have Premium, why am I not allowed use it? I open the program and it keeps telling I either only have the free version or I am not eligible I am only trying to insert a page into a PDF. Any free program would do that but I now find a $100+ annual subscription on my account To be honest, I have been looking to delete this program because it does not deliver what you say. I forgot and that is my mistake but I honestly wish you would supply some information about what I do receive from you product This is the information going on my review of the product Nick

Cons: Its complete inability to meet the standards I purchased

by LULU Software on 06/01/2020

I can see that we successfully helped you activating Soda PDF during a chat with one of our agents on 30 Dec 19. We are always happy to assist you whenever you have problems. Just chat with us or send us an email.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2019
Pat C.
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2018

"More affordable than Adobe pdf, but not as good at converting pdfs to Word and especially Excel"

Pros: Features and affordability.
The feature set is quite good. It allows for creating pdfs from different document types, editing them (adding/deleting pages), extracting images, and quite a bit more.

Cons: Converting pdfs to Excel. It generates hundreds of columns and the need for some very sophisticated excel formulae to get all the figures aligned vertically, without which the Excel file is barely usable. The Adobe version does a better job of this.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2018
Davin C.
Operations Accountant
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2018

"Great Product but Needs Refining"

Comments: I enjoy the product for it's basic features, but the program could use a little bit more refinement in order to remain competitive to Adobe.

Pros: The price point is good and has many features that work well (ie. merging documents, removing pages etc.)

Cons: I found that the program will often freeze, and cause the PDf to be unusable. This would result in having to restart the program and use the "Repair" function that is built into the program. Unfortunately, I've had to do this several times in the last 2 months. Also, the black friday promotion is a little invasive/annoying as it rolls up your desktop even when the program isn't being used.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2018
Meghan B.
Project Coordinator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2020

"Meh"

Comments: Overall I it is ok but I regret forgetting to turn off the auto renew.

Pros: It is fairly straight forward to use but don't count on the free version to be able to do much of anything you really need to do.

Cons: This program runs fairly slowly and I keep having sign in issues, which although are usually resolved fairly quickly are super frustrating when I find out mid process I've been signed out and my account isn't recognized, especially when working under a deadline or time crunch and the free version can't do what I need.

by LULU Software on 31/12/2020

Hello Meghan, thank you for sharing your experience. Please be informed that we offer 7 days free trial for all the functions. Once your trial period is over you can continue using a free version that includes the next functions:
Create, view, print, merge PDFs, convert them to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, images.
As for the login issues, you can choose the most convenient option: log in with your credentials or via Google/Microsoft/Facebook.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2020
Kapil V.
Sales Manager
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2019

"A nice tool for PDF creation and editing."

Comments: It helps me to create my financial documents in PDF format.

Pros: It is a cloud based program which is the best thing about it. The interfaces of this software is very intuitive and helps users to edit files easily.

Cons: The pricing is slightly on a higher side of smaller businesses. They should offer some better pricing.

by LULU Software on 03/05/2019

Thanks for this nice feedback. I will surely pass it on to our marketing staff.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2019
Dennis a D.
User
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2019

"Danger Wil Robinson Danger"

Pros: Seems like a decent low cost replacement for Adobe Acrobat

Cons: Watch the installation routine, it is a trap. You cannot install the program without approving "Block dangerous and phishing scams" and "Stop websites from tracking you online". It is very suspicious that these cannot be unchecked. Not convinced yet? Read the light grey policy text: "By selecting 'Install Adware Web Companion', I agree to install Adaware Web Companion, set my homepage, new tabs and default search engine to Bing or capatible web browsers, and consent to its End User License Agreement and privacy policy." Make this product more of a scam rather than a product.

by LULU Software on 19/03/2019

Thank you for your feedback. We will forward it to our Marketing department. Just to let you know there is an option to skip the installation of Web Companion. We will make the request to make it more obvious how to skip this installation.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2019
Dave K.
MD
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2021

"Alternative to Adobe"

Comments: The ease of use and daily interaction with same is good and allows the company to do what it needs to do with regards to portable document management.

Pros: Soda was selected as an alternative to Adobe based on price and was presently surprised to find what was covered in the base product when comparing.

Cons: The initial set up was tricky as it is linked to an online account and having a second account caused issues.

by LULU Software on 12/02/2021

Hello Dave,
Thank you for the feedback. I am glad to hear you like our software. Please be sure we are always working on making our software better.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2021
Donna W.
Owner/office manager/support services
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"Good Idea - Poorly implemented - LACKS CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCT INFO"

Comments: My biggest issue is POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE - POOR PRODUCT DISCRIPTIONS. You would think after over 2 years of customers complaining regarding the poor customer service experience, they would have fixed it by now. I have waited on hold for more than 1/2 an hour then being disconnected. Asking for a order number instead of having a product license ID listed in your Account product information is a poor design. Email to Customer Support provided none of the answers I inquired upon. I wanted to recommend this product to my clients for their pdf solutions - However, I cannot find a clear description of what each product Home, Business, Pro - Premium - Standard - Anywhere has to offer for tools. Refunds for purchases seem to be lacking as an easy to do in the 1st 30 days and When you cancel it only cancels at the end of the year purchased rather than immediately refunding the unused. Email requests take over 48 hours to get answered with an answer that in no way clears up the matter. Customer Support is very limited if you do get them on the phone as they will forward to their tech team your issue. How is that helpful after waiting 1/2 an hour. If you want a whole product then you must buy everything in bits and pieces - I want a product with all the features not buy a little here and a little there and will ask you each time you go to use a feature if you want to purchase more. Premium - Pro - Business - Anywhere should have all the features -

Pros: The product allows me to manipulate pdf's otherwise blocked from editing - Great when someone creates a form that you need to edit to use. The price was great considering the alternatives. Adobe just got greedy.

Cons: Going from Free to Premium it often wants me to purchase more for a feature that Premium already should have. Or wants you to purchase separately operations in which should be a standard for the Premium product

by LULU Software on 18/08/2020

We are very sorry to hear that you were not happy with the customer service we provided. I can see that in the meantime you received the information you required. I will make sur your comments will be passed on the the Director of Customer Service. We thank you for your feedback, it will help us improve our services. If you have problems in the future, please contactd us by email or chat.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2020
Robert P.
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2021

"Be careful"

Comments: Some features work ok. Help desk is near to useless and doesnt tell truth. Priority seems to be getting subscriptions in rather than providing service or rectifying mistakes.

Pros: Some features work ok. Unfortunately not necessarily the features you want

Cons: You will be constantly bombarded with instructions to upgrade. Functionality will not be there unless you upgrade part way through a subscription period. There are acknowledged problems with the latest upgrade 12 that havnt been resolved in 6 months. BE CAREFUL

by LULU Software on 29/06/2021

Hi Robert,
Thank you for sharing your impression of our service. We will forward your feedback regarding the unresolved issues after the latest upgrade to the corresponding team.

Be kindly informed that you are not obliged to upgrade unless you need to use features that are not included in your package. In the event, you no longer want to see this popup follow the steps below: Click on 'Options' (a gear icon located in the right upper corner). Select 'Notification' and toggle the switch on 'Notification System'.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2021
Kalina M.
Assistente Adiministrativo
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2021

"The best complete conversion, editing and creation software"

Comments: I perform a lot of conversion of terms, regulations, crafts, among others, I speak of more than 200 pages and until today I have had no problems.
It is very gratifying, the truth was the best thing that happened to me.

Pros: what I liked the most was the conversion because in my work, I need to send documents related to trades, regulations and etc ... and convert my documents in other formats. It also helps me to compress my PDF files to reduce the sizes so that I can easily share via zip, not to mention, that it allows us to create PDF documents from drawings and other technical documents necessary for the functioning of our institution. End not to mention that it is very easy to use.

Cons: Honestly, I have no contraindications for this application because it met all my expectations, I feel that this softwer before being created was a deep search to be created so complete.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2021
Wendy W.
Publisher
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2021

"Soda PDF -- Intuitive and User Friendly Way to Create and Edit PDF Documents"

Comments: Overall? Excellent! This is a VERY user-friendly way to both create and convert PDFs, edit/fill in a PDF, sign a PDF with a created signature, and then deliver/download/share. If for some reason I need to have a colleague review a document, the review/comment function is great for easily getting document feedback. We don't use that feature as often, but it's nice to have in the available functions.

Pros: It's easy to use with little to no formal training -- very intuitive. I like that it converts documents TO PDF, PDF to MSWord or other types of files, and lets me upload a document for PDF filler access. I think forms are more professional when they're typed instead of being handwritten -- cleaner and neater for sure! We use SODA to upload forms sent to us, then fill in via the PDF filler. I love how easy SODA is to use via Mac/PC, tablets, and phones. Even when my staff and I are outside the office -- at home or on the road -- we can access SODA to ensure our work continues seamlessly. PDFs created can be saved to the Cloud, Desktop, or even e-mailed. I love this software/app!

Cons: My only small complaint is that it can be hard to locate a file once it's complete. That's likely on me instead of SODA. We downloaded the software/app, and have been learning as we go. Perhaps some training on our part would make archiving easier.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2021
Pres.
Defense & Space, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2021

"Does not work with Avast Virus Protection"

Comments: For the first several years of using the program I was satisfied, since this issue with Avast came up about 2 years ago, I have not been able to use Soda and have purchases Adobe PDF.

Pros: Early editions were easy to use pdf generation and editing tools that would occasionally crash, but the ease of use compared to Adobe PDF made Soda a superior option.

Cons: After updating to Soda 12, it became impossible to use the software because Avast recognized the adware within the program as malware. It has been a year going back and forth with Customer Service and though they respond with instructions to remove all references of the program, disable Avast and then reinstall, nothing has worker. I even tried to go back to Soda 8, but still Avast detects the adware and it blocks the program. I cannot recommend this product based on my experience

by LULU Software on 20/03/2021

Hello there,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience with our support team. Be kindly informed that the issue with Avast was fixed in the recent updates for version 12. Our highly skilled tech agents will be glad to assist you with the issue via the Live hat and one of our agents will assist you (it's available Monday-Friday 3 am - 5 pm EST).

To open the Chat, please follow the steps below:
1. Open the support page: https://support.sodapdf.com/hc/en-us/
2. Click on the Support widget in the left bottom corner of the page
3. Type any word and press Enter
4. Then select the Live Chat option at the bottom of the widget

• Reviewed on 15/03/2021
IT Director
Computer Games, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2021

"Great features for the price"

Comments: It gives people a more intuitive option for pdfs and there's a free version that people can try easily before they purchase the full-featured one.

Pros: It has all of the features that you need for making pdfs and then some. It's really intuitive, I think more intuitive than it's major competitor.

Cons: Even after you purchase the full upgrade, they keep pestering you to spend more and upgrade. OK, I get it, you want to sell me more product. But I had to turn off notifications multiple times and it was a headache.

by LULU Software on 19/06/2021

Hi there,
Thanks for sharing your impression of Soda PDF. We are glad to hear you find it intuitive and helpful.
Thanks for letting us know you had issues with the pop-ups. We are glad to assist you to disable advertisements. Please follow the steps below:

• Reviewed on 14/06/2021