• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.6 /5

About Suralink

Simplify the audit process while improving the client experience through automated PBC request list and document management.

Learn more about Suralink

Security Consultant

"Excellent Tool"

Comments: Suralink offers structure and a visual representation of the project progress for internal and external users. It allows us to track at any level of granularity depending on the project and the client.

Pros: Suralink offers the flexibility needed for any size company to properly customize the product to reflect core processes. The visual representation of the project progress is very appealing to me and my customers.

Cons: Depending on how structured the existing process is, it can be a little time consuming to setup the initial templates. But once the templates are configured, it is very quick to spin up a new project.

Nick B.
Audit Supervisor
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2020

"The Best Client Portal Option"

Comments: Client's love how they can pick up with Suralink and use it as one comprehensive list of outstanding items, it has the reports from the PY, a trail of comments discussing items, and has saved time on engagements by streamlining the flow of documents and information. I believe that the benefit is not only a time save for the firm and the client, but preserves a level of mental sanity and improves the quality of the work environment.

Pros: Suralink is very easy to navigate even for a first time user. I have never had a client who had a negative experience with Suralink. Every client we have introduced to Suralink enjoys it or loves it. Dragging documents and creating requests are super intuitive. Just drag and drop. It leaves time stamps and allows for comment threads that are super helpful from year to year.

Cons: What I like least... If there was a way to scroll over a document and see a preview that would be the only thing I can think of.

Leah M.
Audit Senior
Accounting Software, 201-500 Employees

"Leah's review"

Comments: Absolutely fantastic software.

Pros: I love the organization that is brings for all of our files and comments. I also like the instant ability to see comments and items uploaded by a client. It has made so many of my jobs easy and made it much easier to find client files. It is very user friendly which makes it easy when I am training my clients on how to use the software. I like that I can restrict access to certain requests from employees of my clients as well as my clients feel more secure about using the site.

Cons: It would be nice if I could assign an entire category or subcategory to people without having to assign the individual requests.

Neon N.
In-Charge Associate
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2020

"A Great and Versatile Tool for Auditors"

Comments: An auditor's best friend, it would be hard to go back.

Pros: Suralink is a great piece of software. If everyone commits to using it, it allows auditors to be much more efficient and effective on keeping track of PBC lists, and allow clients to see what is open. This holds everyone accountable, and allows for much less back and forth between auditors and their clients. I also appreciate the fact that it is customizable, and the PBC lists can be customized according to the wants and desires on both sides of the table. Honestly, it would be hard to go back to excel based PBC lists.

Cons: The only real problem with Suralink is the hesitation with certain clients on using it. It can be intimidating to them, and so, clients will not always take to it's use. There are also some small areas that I would like to be able to further customize, but it's nothing I can't deal with.

Sean T.
Tax Manager
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2020

"Best Way to Collaborate with Your Client"

Comments: Suralink has been a game changer in the way that we request sensitive tax documents and information from our clients. I have found that Suralink has been received well by clients without much trouble which is a huge plus on our client retention goals. I would certainly recommend this product to other accounting firms searching for a solution.

Pros: I would say ease of use is the best feature of this software. Almost all of my clients are able to intuitively use this software. The ability to track outstanding deliverables, provide comments and send sensitive information through the portal makes it invaluable.

Cons: I have never seen the "client side" of the product so I don't always feel super confident explaining to my clients how to use the portal from their view. Fortunately, this has not been an issue. The other item I would really like to see is real time updates through a Microsoft desktop widget or something. The daily email is not enough and having to be in the browser to see updates on all my clients can be a challenge.

Bradon K.
Accountant

"Suralink Review"

Comments: We are solving the problem of clients taking a long time to upload documents. Having Suralink notify clients that we are uploading documents or changing requests reminds them that we are doing an engagement and they need to provide us with the information to complete it.

Pros: I like that you can roll forward engagements that have been completed in previous years. I also like that we can keep all our documents in one place, and it tells us when clients have downloaded or uploaded documents to the site. It makes it easier to keep track of our engagements.

Cons: it is difficult to navigate and hard to find resources to know how to solve something. For instance, we need to be invited to an engagement before we can see any or upload any documents that we need for an audit. I would like to be able to search for client and request to be part of the engagement team. It is hard to know if the client has a suralink set up or not because this is not an option.

Ryan G.
Senior Associate

"Suralink for Audit"

Pros: The software does a great job of keeping engagements organized. In addition, clients like to see the status of requests and their current progress. It makes auditing much easier due to the cloud, so work can be done from anywhere with an internet connection.

Cons: One only con I can think of is that every time you log into the software, it will take you to a random client's page, and not the most recently visited. It can be annoying to have to click back into the current engagement. Another is that the software does not allow you to have multiple engagements open at once. Often, I have multiple active engagements, and Suralink will require you to close the currently open engagement if you would like to open another.

Kelly B.

"Suralink"

Pros: Ease of use. Security. organization. tailored for accounting/audit

Cons: Wish there was an app. The default when you click on a project should be the most detailed level as default. Instead, you have to toggle on each list to get to the detail of the request. Wish there was at least a user option setting to have your defauls for every list be the most detailed

Rhibhu G.
Risk Assurance and Advisory Associate

"Suralink Review"

Comments: The Risk Assurance and Advisory Services department of Armanino utilize Suralink for gathering of overall support to aid the documentation process for Audits. Suralink does a decent job with support storage and display of the support. Overall, it's a good application.

Pros: The design is simple and the software loads very easily with no lag at all. The square boxes for request lists are a very helpful indicator of whether the support has been provided or is outstanding/returned. The contact list for clients are stored with the emails right below the names of the clients for ease of communication.

Cons: There isn't anything bad with the application but many improvements can be made. It can be integrated with documentation to include test procedures along with the control description. It can also have a testing tab for controls that require sample testing and a results/summary tab. This would help with the documentation speed by alot, improve the overall auditing process and relationship with the client as well.

Michael S.
Principal Security Analyst
Information Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2020

"Great Document Management Solution"

Comments: Overall, this product has made my job much easier. My clients are happy with the product and I will happily continue to use it.

Pros: The product is very user-friendly. We can usually create our client accounts and clients are able to navigate the site and upload documentation without specific instructions on how to use the interface.

Cons: It is difficult to add a new request and then change the order of the requests. Currently, I have to download a csv copy, re-order the requests, and then re-create the engagement using the csv spreadsheet as the template. It would be great if the web interface allowed us to change the order of requests.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2020
Danielle A.
Senior Auditor

"Great addition!!"

Comments: The biggest benefit of using Suralink is how much the clients love using it. We have had great feedback from our clients on how easy it is for them to use. I have noticed how much faster client's get us the requested information compared to the time before we has Suralink. It has allowed all team members involved in the engagements to have access to all documents.

Pros: I like the ease of use. It is very user friendly and intuitive. The software makes it very easy to share documents with clients. I love that you can categorize the documents, so they are easy to find and the due date and assigning features are great. So everyone is on the same page knowing when something is needed and by whom it needs to be supplied.

Cons: There isn't any feature that I have come across that I do not like yet.

Brittany B.
Senior Audit & Accounting Associate

"Functional & Fun!"

Comments: Suralink is a great solution for safely and securely sharing files between associates and across networks. It is overall very convenient and user-friendly.

Pros: I appreciate how easy it is to import lists and drag and drop items into categories. I also appreciate the fun quirks like jokes and messages when signing out!

Cons: Some clients seem to have an issue with figuring out how to use Suralink. Perhaps there could be a better training or demo when users sign up, are invited to use, or log back in to use the software after a longer period of time (ex. 6 months).

Nicholas R.
Audit Associate

"Suralink"

Comments: I've realized tons of benefits from Suralink, including clients seeming to enjoy the organization and due dates usage to prioritize requests for efficiency purposes.

Pros: I love that you are able to lock/assign requests and the overall organizational capabilities of each grouping/section of an engagement.

Cons: It's confusing that when you create a new request, it is automatically the next sequential number so if requests are put into an already-created section, the numbers appear out of order and causes client confusion at times trying to find a specific request. Able to be circumvented with the search option

Steven D.
Senior Accountant
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2020

"Convenient and User Friendly"

Pros: This software is a convenient and fast way to receive files from our clients. All of our clients are able to log in with no issues or outside training needed. The email notifications ensure that all parties are aware of outstanding items and new items ready for download.

Cons: I wish the email notifications were real time instead of batched.

Amir S.
Senior auditor

"weakness"

Comments: I am satisfied with the suralink. Just I wish there was some other features to put/upload the files we receive through email from our clients in the Suralink.

Pros: Suralink is easy to use. I also like the way that we can communicate with the other party and it shows the times we sent or received a file.

Cons: I never got a response from the issues I communicated through their support email.

Jeff G.
Staff Accountant
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2020

"Great portal for auditors!"

Comments: Suralink helps with the lack of communication by the client - we get an idea of when they are working on items as we get notifications and we can tell when they last logged in.

Pros: Ease of access, the drag-and-drop feature which makes everything smooth, being able to assign requests to a specific client personnel.

Cons: No option to add a priority level for the requests (one workaround we use is the due dates, but to be able to set priority level for the requests would be a plus)

Katelyn B.
Assurance Manager
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2020

"I will never go back to manually managing request lists"

Pros: Very user friendly and saves SO much time managing request lists and open items with the client. I couldn't go back to manually managing all of it the way our firm was before. I've also used a Big 4's internally developed request management tool, and Suralink's is more user friendly.

Cons: I wish you could reorganize the categories after creating the request list, so they can be reordered like the financial statements.

David B.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2020

"Use Suralink to manage your projects"

Comments: We didn't always have clear documentation of when or what items were provided for a specific project. This software provides clear document of what, when and where.

Pros: Suralink is easy to use and provides clear documentation of project status.

Cons: Have not identified any downside at this point.

Pia D.
Auditor
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2020

"Great Client Data Management"

Pros: Suralink is easy to use for both clients and professional service providers. It's clean, intuitive and makes tracking requests easy.

Cons: None- The user friendly interface makes data management really easy.

Kathryn G.
Audit Manager

"Great software"

Pros: Ease of use for all users.
Ease of tracking and uploading .
I can tell the software is continuing to improve which I appreciate.

Cons: None that I can think of when I review my experience with the software.

William B.
Senior Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2020

"Great system for transparency"

Pros: Ease of use for both internal and external users. Secure file transfer. Visualization of the request list.

Cons: Clients who are unwilling to adopt change.

Jill J.
Tax Director
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2020

"Suralink"

Pros: The software is fairly easy to use. I really like the drag and drop option.

Cons: I don't really like that we are required to add "request list". I would like the ability it add folders where clients can upload information without it being called a "request list". This confuses some clients.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2020
Hyung L.
Audit Associate

"First Year at Suralink"

Pros: I like how user-friendly it is. It was super intuitive to know where and how to search for key words. Downloading optioins are also very intuitive.

Cons: The way to track and reply to the client was not easy. There isn't a way for me to respond so that the client know what is the highest priority task.

Sam P.
Director, Security Consulting Services
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2020

"Easy-to-Use & Excellent Service"

Pros: Clean design and well-conceived system that is easy for clients to use, Suralink provides the most important features for our team, which are suitable for our external audit team.

Cons: One important feature is missing (a field to provide a unique ID for integration with external GRC), which was requested and promised months ago. Unfortunately there has been no progress updates, so it is unclear when or whether this feature will become available.

Amber D.
Staff Accountant
Accounting Software, 201-500 Employees

"Information Portal"

Comments: This is an effective tool when we need to send information back and forth with our clients.

Pros: It is user friendly, and it helps organize data effectively.

Cons: The long emails, when added as an administrator my emails are way too long. I wish there was a better way of narrowing down information that was updated.