• Overall
    4.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software

About monday.com

monday.com is a cloud Work OS, where teams run their projects and everyday work, whether they are in the office, home or on-the-go.

Learn more about monday.com

Showing 2,280 reviews

Lauren N.
Events Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2021

"Instantly in love with this project management tool!"

Comments: Overall it has been a big improvement on consolidating and simplifying my cross-team functions and holding everyone accountable for their tasks! It looks nice and gets the job done.

Pros: I love that the layout/design/overall appearance is very clean, modern, and colorful. The automations are so useful and efficient. Each of our teams at my company are using Monday.com for pretty different purposes and it fits like a glove for all of them! I like that you can use attachments, links, statuses, dropdowns, individual sub-item due dates/notifications, and you can see who saw their notifications/boards.

Cons: One thing I wish it had, and maybe I'm just too new to find it, is that I want to make rules to make people unable to change a Status unless they have marked another column in a certain way (like they can't mark it Complete unless they attach a document to a certain column, or something like that). Otherwise I haven't found any real issues with it!

• Reviewed on 05/01/2021
Lead Quality Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2020

"One of the best management software"

Comments: Overall I like Monday.com a lot as it cleared my mailbox too. Team members now directly send updates to the board resulting in l lot less unnecessary emails. Another good feature is the board email, I can send email to the board members in one go. You need not to create separate group or anything, just the email of board that's it!

Pros: First of all it has a lot of useful features which makes managing multiple teams so easy. You can configure boards according to your need which can be shared with other members privately too, simple yet very important feature. Members can create their own boards as well which can be subscribed by anybody. So, if any of my member creates a really interesting board, I subscribe it and see the updates from that directly. Duplicating board is easy which comes in handy when creating boards for multiple timelines, this makes work a lot less. For record or sharing status with higher management you can also export the board as an excel file which I find very convenient. Deleting, Archiving are all added features used regularly. For filters, you can create your filter as per you need for better search. I also like the quick links, recent and saved searches options all resulting in less time consumption and more output. This software has a lot of flexibility and helps in better output for sure.
You can also recover you files from recycle bin within 30 days. There is lot of scope for customization, like assigning tasks to different groups, board customization, adding timelines and so on.

Cons: There is nothing as such to write in this section. I pretty much like everything about this software. It had made my life so easy. I'm sure about the cost of it as I don't handle that department.

• Reviewed on 23/09/2020
Jennifer R.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2020

"Great for cross-team alignment and for prioritizing my own very full plate"

Comments: Personally I feel far more in control of my workload across projects than before we used it. On a broader scale, it is working extremely well on a project we are doing with a range of internal tasks and functions as well as an external software developer and a separate person for support and testing. Everyone is clear on status and what is supposed to happen next. A third scenario where it has worked well for us is a couple of start-ups we are participating in with a further different set of people.
I enjoy using it and intend to broaden my use of the tool.

Pros: I really liked that I could make it reflect our business world instead of having to tailor our world to the software as so often happens. I work with a number of different projects, organisations and people, as well as external service providers. It is quick and easy to create different Boards and spaces to best suit a particular project and then share with the relevant people. Unexpectedly, I also found it good to use as a library for references and info on different projects . Many teams may prefer using Slack or other team tools for that. I guess it depends on the size and complexity of your operation, and also what habits are already in place. Monday has interfaces for Slack and other tools but i have not tried them. I also like that you can use Monday for repeatable processes and light workflows, as well as projects and task management. The tutorials and info available help make it easy to see how to get the most our of the software. The phone interface is easy to use and makes it simple to keep tabs on what is happening, or add tasks and updates on the move.

Cons: One thing I did not like is that as soon as you go over the number of invited guests permitted for your package, they commence a process to automatically upgrade you to a more expensive one. At least they do warn you so we were able to tidy up on guests and cancel the additional cost upgrade before it occurred. But I would far rather get a warning or error message when trying to add the guest that crosses the limit.

by monday on 04/05/2020

Hey Jennifer! Thank you for leaving a review! To start, we're happy to hear that you liked using the platform for different things including, referencing projects as well as managing projects. We're glad you were able to utilize our features for repetitive tasks as well. We appreciate your feedback regarding the auto-upgrade upon exceeding users. We've recently changed the flow of this so that more notice is given. If you're experiencing an issue with it still, we'd be happy to help! Just let us know :)

• Reviewed on 02/05/2020
Eric A.
Information Technology and Services Professional
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2020

"Everything you need in one platform"

Comments: A great software that enables us to be happy individuals in business life .. Easy to use, flexible and functional, a product with excellent service. I am happy to have this experience.

Pros: All in one I like the comfort of managing in the workspace. Thanks to Monday.com, it became very easy to plan, monitor and present our team's work. Having the display feature helped me a lot. It is great to work by viewing the data as a map, calendar, timeline, kanban and visualizing the work.The fact that it is flexible, has a lot of customization and automation makes this software very useful. It would be annoying to try to maintain the workflow on a constrained inelastic platform.But Monday.com does not do this, it offers us an excellent service for us to work in the most comfortable way, so I love this product, it makes our business life easier and takes all the burden on us with this beautiful service.

Cons: I found the price a little high, but compared to the service it offers, it turns into a very reasonable price.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2020
Justin F.
Production Director
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees

"A winner every day!"

Comments: We had been searching for a project management/productivity tool for our team for a long time. We had demoed or tried many options, but none were a clear-cut winner until we found Monday. It's made a dramatic difference in all that we are doing, and our team couldn't be happier!

Pros: This has become a "Swiss Army Knife" tool for us. Because of the wide variety of functions, it has replaced several different platforms, allowing us to integrate multiple different tools into one overall ecosphere. Its project documents are easy to create and are very flexible to modify, whether we want to create a project budget spreadsheet or ingest third-party data that can get reflected in graphs. It's a multi-purpose software that has become invaluable!

Cons: I wish that every system user didn't have default access to every available board unless those boards were made private and invite-only. Perhaps there's a way to assign users to "work groups" that allow them default access to a certain level of projects/boards, but require invites to view others outside that work group. It does create an inefficiency for us that literally anyone in the organization can view and modify any board that isn't locked. But it's sometimes not feasible to create everything locked and then have to issue 100 invites. That doesn't scale over and over.

Derrick W.
Director of Business Development
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2020

"Stop the endless email chains and get organized!"

Pros: Managing multiple teams is no easy feat! Especially if you have select team members working remotely. I had learned of Monday.com at a conference and it was the best decision I have made this last year! I love the fact that each team/department has their own board. In that board, I can quickly see progress that has been made on the project, add/edit files (use Google Docs), make comments, and share updates. All of which eliminates the need for lengthy email chains that often miss out on key updates. The other thing that I love about Monday.com is that it shows your team their collective, and individual progress! So if you have a team member that is lacking or behind it shows "pending" or "waiting for update" making it that much easier to see who is accountable for the status. Lastly, the boards also show the volume of work your team completes making it very easy to print off reports for the exec time when it comes time to reviews/bonuses.

Cons: There are not any cons at the moment - rarely, if ever, is there an app that does not have cons! But they continue to release updates, new features, and improved flex-ability. One feature that would be great is how much each individual "influenced" the project by weighing total updates etc. to show who is more engaged in managing the project.

by monday on 24/04/2020

Hey Derrick! Wow, thank you for this rave review. We love to hear how happy you are with the product and how well it's working for your team. Just a suggestion, if you're looking to see how much someone contributed to a Project, have you tried using our "workload" board view or dashboard widget? This will give you a visual representation of how either how many tasks someone has done or how much time they have spent (if you're tracking that!) For help setting this up, feel free to shoot us an email at [email protected]!

• Reviewed on 20/04/2020
Copywriter
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2020

"A More-Intense Version Of Trello"

Comments: As a department head, Monday helped me take care of my work and those under me but also allowed myself to easily view the work and time accomplished by my team. A great tool for those that oversee productivity.

Pros: Like the title states, Monday is a more adult-version of Trello. Tasks are quickly created in a list/timeline type view (your choices). At my company, each department had their own "board" set up with various columns specific to their duties. For my team in content, we had team member names, due dates, site to be published on, status of task, URL of said published link, and, of course, the dreaded time tracking. Individuals, teams, and departments are easily visible and accounted for with the powerful Monday software.

Cons: Time tracking, love it or hate it, is still a manual job. If you forget to start or end a task, the timer will never start keeping track of time or continuously keep running. Fixing time inputs can be difficult. With this, as this is an issue with the click function of their UI... if you click a button/label/element in one way, one menu will pop up but if you click ever-so-slightly differently, then an editing option will appear over the selected UI element... in other words, click expectations can be intuitive or troubling.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2020
Jeni A.
Manager, Community Engagement & Advocacy
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2020

"Great tool for project management"

Comments: All-in-all, it does what I need it to do. It keeps track of my tasks, allows me to assign projects/tasks to other people and stay up to date on the progress of those items. My other colleagues use it for more in-depth reasons, and from what I can tell, they really like the software.

Pros: Monday.com allows me to keep track of all of the tasks associated with a project. I'm a list maker, so this speaks to my heart. Being able to see what needs to be done, and crossing them off the virtual list when they're complete ensures things don't get missed. This is especially helpful when working across teams AND across departments.

Cons: It was a bit tricky to learn at first. And I still don't know how to do some things within the program. In the past I used Basecamp, which I found to be more intuitive than Monday.com. But, from what I can tell, Monday has a richer feature set, which allows for more customization. So if that's what someone wants, that's a definite pro.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2020
Director of Marketing
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2020

"Amazing Project Management Tool"

Comments: Just a solid program that has a host of great features. I'm also a big fan of their webinars that show features like automation (that one was a game changer for me).

Pros: Love, love, love Monday.com software. It makes inter-departmental projects so much easier to manage. In addition, the automations and integrations it has is really a game changer for efficiency and notifications. Big fan of the forms tool as well to get requestors/clients to do the heavy lifting by filling in the tasks.

Cons: There really isn't much to dislike about this platform. It really is a great software for managing projects, primarily if you work in marketing where you collaborate with content, creative, and promotions.

by monday on 14/05/2020

Thank you for leaving this review! We love, love, love to hear you're positive thoughts! We love to hear that you're getting good use of monday.com forms! If there's ever anything we can do, please reach out.

• Reviewed on 12/05/2020
Jayme A.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2019

"The Best Project Management Software"

Comments: Overall, Monday has become one of my favorite programs. I love the functionality, integrations, automation, and ease of use it offers. Everyone I show it to catches on quickly and learns to love what it does. My clients love it and have often purchased it for their own businesses.

Pros: Monday.com is by far the easiest and best project management software I have come across. It is easy to use and streamlined. I love the functionality and different options it has to manage business flows and projects. Monday allows my company to work independently and together with their automation and comprehensive project tracking. I recommend it highly.

Cons: Monday is a few years old at this point, but still has the occasional bug or messy function. They are few and far between but I do sometimes find myself wishing a feature was more streamlined. On a positive note though, they do take feedback very seriously and work to make things better all the time.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2019
Alex T.
Front-end Developer
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2021

"Top-Tier Project Management with Minor Customization Flaws"

Comments: Overall, this platform is incredible if you are not looking to extend its provided feature-set. This is rarely a problem for most users since it already provides a massive amount of features, but it seems as though they are relying on providing the average user with everything they need while leaving the developers empty-handed when looking to extend the feature-set.

Pros: The most valuable part of this software, in my opinion, is the massive amount of flexibility in project board layout and structure. Monday takes away all the major restrictions of other project management software and gives you the flexibility you need to structure your workflows to your liking. This flexibility allowed our firm to bring all project management, lead management, and client management into a single platform.

Cons: One issue that I had with this software was the lack of flexibility with the API. As a developer, I am always looking to automate my workflow as much as possible, but I ran into many barriers when trying to implement the API into my custom software. This was a pain and eventually I stopped attempting to work around the lack of features I needed.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2021
Deborah R.
Principal
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2020

"Keeps Project Management Manageable"

Comments: Overall we have been thrilled with monday.com. This was our third management software and we are extremely happy with the features provided as well as the customer service. They are very quick to respond and take into consideration new features.

Pros: Monday.com allows you to set up board templates that we use when we have a new project. This cuts down on project setup time significantly.

Cons: This product is on the pricier side. There is no free version so it is definitely a commitment for the software.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2020
Nick T.
IT Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2020

"So Easy, Even a Caveman..."

Comments: It has allowed me to know exactly what my team is doing a majority of the time, and helped them keep focus on high priority items. They have truly adopted the concept and use the tool to keep task notes/history, and use this to plan their time.

Pros: Extremely easy to set up to help control my teams daily chaos. I can customize it to our workflows, track task types, etc. for automated activity reports/dashboards for my director, and my team has totally bought in to the concept. It is so easy that it does not overburden them with managing their daily workload. New work items are not longer lost as we immediately document them in Monday and drive our workload and re prioritize accordingly. I could not run my team nearly as well without this tool.

Cons: The user interface can sometimes be glitchy. You have to hover your mouse in the exact right position to activate some features due to the web app interface. Some features are rich, but not not rich enough to be able to take them to the next level. I find myself saying... "If I could just do this". That said, I have seen MANY improvements to the interface and functionality over the past year. It seems like they are listening to their customers.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2020
Kevin T.
Recruiter
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2019

"Extreme for the novice, great for a “numbers” driven person."

Comments: Good experience, with the software especially if you’re the person who set it up in the beginning. If you have others who will be in the program entering data, please find the patience depending on their skill level to answer their questions, adjust any mistakes and if their like me, explain the “what and whys”. Like most software of this day and age, it’s all cloud driven with nothing at all to install also, it runs best on the Google Chrome browser.

Pros: Extremely customizable. Monday.com allows you set up “drill downs” in whatever fashion you want to see. Let’s say you have a business that your company services and they have multiple locations. You can setup what I like to call a “core” label we will use Abc for the company name. Then you can go into Abc’s core and sub cores which we use as location 1, location and so on. Next you can choose what you want to track at each location. You can track numbers going in vs numbers coming out. And it just gets deeper and deeper. In a nutshell, it’s a glorified spreadsheet with a much easier to use interface and much better looking.

Cons: Initial setup, depends a lot on your business. 1.) figuring out what data you want to track, 2.) how in depth does your tracking need to go, 3.) how experienced you are with computer skills and interaction with a program that’s not so cookie cutter. It might take you anywhere from a day to a week to configure and “tweak” the settings to your liking.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2019
Tara P.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2020

"My favorite project management software"

Comments: I implemented Monday.com my first day of my new job and it was a huge win as we didn't have any project management software/process/system for the marketing team.

Pros: Monday.com is amazing - you don't need training to get started, it's very intuitive, has a ton of integrations with popular software (Slack, salesforce, gmail, etc.) and the automations are very impressive.

Cons: There's almost too many capabilities to the point where it becomes overwhelming. There are literally endless options to how you can set up boards where it can be hard to pick the best option for you.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2020
Kelly R.
Quality Assurance Manager
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2020

"Makes everything easier"

Comments: Overall, it has helped save time tracking the work by making it clear and easy to follow. The reporting and ability to export the data to excel has also helped greatly.

Pros: Monday tracks the work coming in, progress of it as it moves through our queue. It also helps from a end of week reporting to see which employees did what. It's web based making it visible to the entire team.

Cons: Nothing - it has only made things better. We use multiple things to track so it does making it difficult to fit all on the one screen.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2020
Paul H.
C.E.O
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2018

"Simple, flexible, collaborative and yet powerful enough to handle everything we throw at it."

Comments: easily managed customer projects and ongoing maintenance contracts with ease.

Pros: I love the flexibility that Monday offers us. Most systems are really rigid and force you to follow a set path, this makes it difficult to mould it to suit our business. Monday doesn't have that problem, if we need another field or add in another process etc.. .then we just add it in, we dont have to go and re-do everything from scratch again. The interface is simple and easy to use but also gives us enough detail to make sure we cover everything. No mean feat!

Cons: There aren't many cons we can think of, the roadmap for products is great as we can see that there are different features in the pipeline, most organisations dont share that information and leave customers wondering if or when new features will come out. I guess our only "con" is that we would love to see those features released quicker.... but we understand that quality takes time.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2018
James R.
CLO
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2019

"Super efficient software, really easy to use."

Comments: Our sales team used this before moving over to Freshsales, and they were very pleased with the interface and the price. My legal team also used it for reviewing contracts, and were also very happy. My personal view on Monday.com is the price could be a little lower to fit in with our ITU budget, however this doesn't lack on quality and certainly not on usability.

Pros: NOTE: We have since moved over to Freshsales as it fitted in more with the rest of our products. Monday is absolutely amazing. It could be easier to use, however what it offers for free is absolutely perfect for small-to-medium businesses and teams. I would highly recommend taking a look at Monday's use cases (available at monday.com/s/software-uses) which can help you understand how their software can benefit your business. I personally really like Monday's ability to pick a template depending on what you'll be using it for, such as recruitment or sales leads. It is also really customisable and flexible depending on how many people will be using it. They also have an app and lots of integrations, enabling maximum use wherever you are.

Cons: Setting up Monday can get a bit tiring, although you won't regret it once it's fully setup. I believe a better pricing structure would not depend on the number of users so broadly. The basic plan with 5 users in your team costs £22 per month, but luckily they do offer a trial which can help you get a better feeling.

• Reviewed on 04/01/2019
Aileen S.
Senior Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2020

"A less manic Monday thanks to Monday.com"

Comments: I previously used other similar programs and our entire team loves Monday. Easily create reports that can be integrated into other platforms!

Pros: Monday helps me keep track of tasks on a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis which is so important in marketing!

Cons: I don't love the file-sharing abilities and how they are set up.

• Reviewed on 09/11/2020
Theatre Arts & Video Gaming Scholar
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2020

"Monday.com"

Comments: Our tasks were not recorded and many fell through the cracks. As we are not interested in a customer ticketing system we needed a way to organize phone requests and email requests. We tried the monday.com trial and we were hooked. At first, it is a little daunting and it takes a little use to organize things as they work best for you. This includes boards and groups. After creating an initial dump of all of our tasks, we were able to tailor groups and views to fit our needs.

Pros: The software is quite feature rich. Being cloud-based there is nothing to install. Mobile applications are available to see task boards on the go.

Cons: We have not found a feature that we don't like. Time tracking for tasks is not available in the two lower paid tiers which is a disappointment.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2020
Jared D.
Customer Success Manager

"Get Monday.com Now!"

Comments: I wish I had known about them way sooner. We've been using Trello and this is so much better. I realized though that you can only have so many users, so it may not be the best solution for our onboarding team because our customers need access to some type of shareable project management list. Trello is a simplified version of Monday. Asana isn't as user-friendly and feels a bit odd.

Pros: Monday delivers a powerful system that you can use to manage virtually anything. You can add tasks and various projects, assign owners for those projects as well as a huge variety of additional fields. Furthermore, when you have your various projects setup, there are different views you can convert to from list view to calendar to kanban.

Cons: Honestly I can't think of much that Monday doesn't do well. Maybe in terms of reporting they could up their game a bit with their formulas and calculation functionality, but it really is an incredible product.

Jamie P.
Administrator
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2021

"Excellent Project Management Software"

Comments: We run weekly operational sprints with Monday.com and manage all of our projects with the platform. We also do most of our operational reporting through Monday.com. We love the platform for its flexibility and the modernity of the tech stack upon which it is built.

Pros: The software is feature-rich and easy to use. It's very flexible so it can meet almost any need you have from creating workflows, tracking tasks, managing contacts, or managing a complex project. It has a robust, easy-to-understand interface, excellent reporting capabilities, and flexible admin controls. Their mobile app is easy to use.

Cons: The only thing I don't like about the software is having to wait for all the up and coming features to be released. It supports sub-items for each task, but some of the more robust support for subitems are still being developed.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2021
Adam S.
Project Manager & Consultant
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2020

"Great once you define how it will be used"

Comments: Great tool for putting everything in one place, but can be a little clunky at first to get off the ground at first.

Pros: The ability to invite guests and collaborate with team mates. Eliminates the need to send emails back and forth for status updates, keeps everyone on the same page and is the "source" for all status updates.

Cons: It is almost TOO customizable. There are so many use cases and ways to structure and use the program that it can be a little daunting at first. I work in a team of 4-5 and getting everyone on the same page with exactly how the program will be used, what merits a new item vs a new group vs do we need to create a new board was difficult at first. We still work to refine this every day. You really need to force yourself and team to go "all in" and explain that board refinements will be a work in progress. No first iteration of a board will be perfect by any means, but it's important to keep everyone engaged so they do not go rogue or are spotty with their use of the program.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2020
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2019

"Ok product, probably better alternatives out there for an R&D team. Might feel better for other uses"

Comments: Monday aims to appeal to everyone, including R&D. We found their product lacking in that aspect, with a lot of features locked behind upsell walls, and others straight-out missing (subtasks, burndown chart and just two that come to mind). Maybe it would be more appealing to other industries, but for an R&D group I'd consider other alternatives first (Asana, ClickUp, JIRA etc.)

Pros: It's very easy to onboard and use, unlike the giants that are JIRA or VSO, Monday is very easy to learn as well as customize to your needs.
Their Timeline feature is the best thing they did. I hope they bring it more front & center. We base most of our workflow around it.

Cons: They lack basic features that other products had for ages - subtasks for example.
Their pricing is not very competitive, and doesn't make a lot of sense - it comes in brackets/buckets - so whether you have 26 or 50 users, you pay the same price. And even then, the price per seat is high.
In addition, they have a lot of small bugs that come from time to time in the UI, which makes it annoying to use. Their support wasn't a lot of help either when we talked to our of their customer success people.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2019
Max L.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2019

"Great for project management with a few flaws"

Comments: It has been great, very beneficial to our project!

Pros: Pros: - Awesome for project task management between users.
We are building a website where our design team is in India, Myself (CEO) is in LA and the CTO is in NY. The inbox and boards make it super easy for everyone to stay on task.
- Inbox: The inbox allows our designer to post a question or issue with a section of the board and then for us to reply, it works very well. - Boards: Easy to use, works very well.

Cons: Cons: - Lack of CDN/Bandwidth: Monday has done a TON of advertising lately and probably greatly expanded their user base, the problem is they don't have the servers to support this many users. Constantly I am getting an error that something is not available at this time. They need to invest in a CDN ASAP! - No autosave feature on the boards - This drove me nuts when I first started, you could type of 7 paragraphs in a note on a section of your board, forget to press save, click a different section and those 7 paragraphs are gone forever. They need an autosave on notes after a set amount of time.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2019