• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5

About EmailOctopus

Easy-to-use, affordable email marketing tool for businesses and individual creators wanting to grow and engage an audience.

Learn more about EmailOctopus

Mikey C.
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2020

"Reliable and cost-effective"

Comments: Overall I've been very pleased. I have tried several other providers and found that this service is excellent and compares well with other providers who charge a lot more for similar features.

Pros: EmailOctopus offers a reliable platform at an excellent price, and the level of customer support is particularly good. Questions are answered promptly and efficiently. The platform is easy to use and has a good range of features.

Cons: I'd like to see the drag and drop email editor improved. It works well enough and the emails look good, but it is not as slick as other editors I've used.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2020
Full Time Translator
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Not-so-bad Alt to MailChimp"

Pros: The fact that the free version comes with 2500 subscribers. 200 more than MailChimp.

Cons: For me there's no serious cons of this software. they did good job in improving their drag and drop editor. But i don't feel they keep up with enough updates. The sector of email marketing providers is crowded and if you don't keep up like what MailChimp did with launching Inbox and Surveys features plus their brand new editor: We as customers and therefore our clients will choose the most advanced solution.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2021
Jan sigetty B.
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Unfair comparison with Mailchimp"

Comments: I like it, but that's because I found workarounds. Fx. I design the NewsLetter in MailChimp and copy/paste the HTML. It works fine that way.

Pros: I moved from MailChimp, because of the price tag. Octopus is way cheaper, but it's still possible to send the same quality emails and that's​ great.

Cons: 1. A better interface to make your own template/design. Limitations in fonts, sizes, etc 2. List features are limited. No way to create segments or groups based on subscriber data. 3. Regarding reports: A graphic overview of where the clicks are placed.

by EmailOctopus on 04/10/2018

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the feedback. We have some good news on the campaign editor- we've just launched our new drag & drop email builder.

It's only in Beta at the moment, however I've added it to your account and you'll be able to use it in your next campaign.

More updates to come based on your feedback, too.

Thanks again,

Tom

Brian T.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2020

"Small Agency ESP Review"

Comments: Very positive.

Pros: We use EmailOctopus for our small agency to send our newsletters and other targeted email campaigns. Their tool is extremely easy to use and is very cost efficient for small agencies that have to watch every penny. Plus the are continually adding new features to the platform which makes the value increase every quarter!

Cons: Would like the ability to create sub-accounts. And it's a bummer to pay a foreign transaction fee every month.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2020
Ashleigh S.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

"The Perfect Solution"

Comments: I had a suggestion for a new feature and contacted customer service. They responded within hours and were extremely friendly. I have been very pleased with this program and will definitely be recommending it to others.

Pros: I examined many email clients before selecting Email Octopus. What really made this program stand above the rest was the fact that I could have 2500 subscribers on my list and still remain on the free program.

Cons: The "Drag and Drop" feature in the email builder has a slight learning curve, but it is still much easier to use than other programs I've worked with.

Ian R.
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"I Only Use This Software Because it Works"

Comments: I ave never really had any issues with Email Octopus and only have good things to say. If you are using something else for your email services, I highly recommend you check this out. They are easy to use, very affordable, and the service is clean/not bogged down with a bunch of stuff that no one uses.

Pros: Easy to use dashboard, all the basic features I want without all the fluff of the other software out there, and the price is WAY better than most

Cons: It can be a pain to set it up with AWS. I would recommend getting an AWS freelancer to set it up for you initially if you don't know how to work with it

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Ryan B.
Trustee, Area 7
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Best Email Service Anywhere"

Comments: Outstanding. I have so much control and flexibility to use this service for so many bulk emailing applications and I can scale up or down to mirror my busy seasons. I have been thrilled with this service for years.

Pros: I have been a user of EmailOctopus for years and have seen the company, services, and functionality grow and develop over time. The customer service has been extraordinary whenever I have had questions and I have always received highly respectful communications from this company. They know that your success makes them succeed as well so they are in your corner every step of the way and they treat customers fairly at all times. The ease and flexibility of this web-based program are outstanding and I have made recommendations in the past that have since been implemented. What the service is now is a godsend for anyone needing to send bulk emails whether frequently or occasionally because they allow you to scale up or down to your needs, which I see as further proof of their customer first philosophy. The setup is easy if you follow the instructions or ask for any help and once you are setup with amazon and email octopus, you can be confident that you will achieve everything you desire with this service. Best of luck to you all in future endeavors.

Cons: None Exist. Try to change my mind. This service is outstanding.

Co-Founder, CEO
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"The BEST Email Platform for "Large Audience" Campaigns for Starter Businesses"

Comments: I have had a wonderful experience, as for this pricing, there is no service I've found that can "go fast" from the get go and start sending large quantities of mail to your lists.

Pros: The number 1 key of this software is their unique ability to plug into your Amazon Email Platform account. This allows you to send out MANY MANY more emails on a daily basis than any other platform I have come across. Not to mention the ease of ability to upload the lists from wherever you have built them before.

Cons: The biggest difficulty is that there are not comprehensive statistics set up in the back office to individually see what emails are opening and reading your emails. Or the ones that are clicking. That is a step down from where I was before.

Scott M.
Writer
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2019

"Exceelent option for editorial newsletters"

Comments: I use EmailOctopus to send monthly editorial email newsletters, and it excels at this. I'm able to have total control over the aesthetic of the emails I send, and the dashboard isn't cluttered with marketing features that I'll never use. All the other services I tested and compared either imposed their own aesthetic on the user, or offered full customization but were bloated with marketing features – or both. EmailOctopus is ideal for my use case.

Pros: EmailOctopus dispenses with all the tools for marketers that other services offer and focuses on a simple but crucial set of features: straightforward list management, fine-grained control over templating, clear workflow, sensible analytics that don't veer into creepy surveillance territory.

Cons: All that said, there are a couple features that would be nice to have: embedded subscription forms that don't need jQuery, and a CSS inlining tool for building custom templates (many others are available; it would just be nice to have it all in one place).

Anja C.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2018

"It's easy so I actually use it!"

Comments: I love how easy it is to use and if I have any issues, customer service is always excellent!!

Pros: I love how simple Email Octopus is to use. Because of this I actually send regular emails and stay in contact with my customers. I'm not ultra tech savvy so this is perfect for me.

Cons: I wish I could segment my lists more and have more ability to drill down and only send certain follow up emails to certain customers.

by EmailOctopus on 24/04/2020

Hi Anja,

We have some good news on segmentation - we've just launched this as a feature so you can now segment your mailing list based on custom fields and the data that's most important to your business.

Let us know how it works for you.

Thanks,

Tom

• Reviewed on 29/09/2018
Business Development
Fund-Raising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"EmailOctopus - Best Value Around"

Comments: I switched to EmailOctopus in 2017 from another email vendor and so far I have not been disappointed. It’s easy to use, fantastic value for money and the support team are very responsive.

Pros: Ease of use
Value for money
Good support team

Cons: Basically it has Limited functionality

Marzio V.
Lawyer
Legal Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2020

"Very good mailing service."

Pros: It's easy, inexpensive and works very fine. I love it!

Cons: I have not yet found something that I need and it cannot do.

• Reviewed on 05/10/2020
Ashima D.
Director of Product and Engineering
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2019

"Amazing Product"

Comments: Absolutely love it, we’re using Email Octopus to drive monthly utilization and it is amazing! The low cost is also fabulous!

Pros: Email Octopus makes our monthly newsletters and release notes so easy! The templates and features to send out details are so easy and user friendly that anyone can use it with out too much training.

Cons: I wish there was a heat map to see where users clicked most in our emails but that is a feature request not a con.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2019
Dr. albert K.
Business Development Manager
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

"EmailOctopus Client Review"

Comments: We have tried several marketing platforms from Sendgrid to MailChimp but nothing beats EmailOctopus in terms of delivery rate, customer support and the pricing is great! This software is indeed value for money. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone who wants to succeed in email marketing.

Pros: It is easy to use and the support is great! It is also value for money and the delivery rate is excellent.

Cons: Nothing much but just increase the number of templates. Also, add the ability for clients to download those who have read the campaigns and automatically engage these clients

Michaela V.
Food Blogger
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2018

"Great software, very competitive prices and amazing support! Cannot recommend EmailOctopus enough"

Pros: Competitive prices, best email support and I love the easy to use dashboard. Sending out campaigns is a breeze and I love the detailed statistics

Cons: At first, it wasn't very clear to me how to set up the AWS (Amazon Web Services Account) but everything was described perfectly on EmailOctopus and the support team was always very helpful.

• Reviewed on 02/03/2018
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2018

"Oh boy! I just love this tool"

Pros: I love this tool so much because they are the only Email service providers who are giving away 2500 subscribers for free. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I love the simple user interface and man they have a very in-depth documentation when it comes to setting up your account with Amazon SES. Trust me if you aren't a technical guy like me you'll still be able to set up your SES account with their simple to read and understand documentation like a breeze.

Cons: I didn't like the fact that I'm unable to segment my subscribers in the tool. I thought that thi, is limited to the free version and will be lifted once I upgrade. But when I contacted the support team they replied that isn't supporting this feature yet and don't have any plans in the future anytime soon which makes me a little disappointed.

• Reviewed on 08/06/2018
Colin W.
Media Production, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"A Simpler & Cheaper Newsletter Option"

Pros: It's minimalist and clean—just the essentials, no unnecessary decorations. And that simplicity is tethered to a very usable interface, and an incredibly competitive pricing model.

Cons: There are still some features on costlier competitors that I miss, but 95% of the time, these aren't an issue. And I suspect that over time, many of them will be added. I'm willing to wait because of the crazy amount of money I'm saving.

Brando R.
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2018

"Decent. On the way, but waiting for upgrades"

Pros: We like the fact that it works with AWS servers to help keep costs down and only pay for what you send. Although, we are still paying a decent monthly fee for the service on top.

Cons: - Can't duplicate a campaign once its been sent. This is a pain to have to recreate campaigns that you may just want to tweak a bit and resend to a new list.
- No API to send mail. Big bummer.
- More template options

by EmailOctopus on 16/02/2018

Thanks for your review Brando. You can definitely duplicate campaigns, I've sent instructions on how to do this to your email address.

As for your other feedback, we take it on board and appreciate it. We have a couple of things coming later in the year which may make you very happy, namely a new version of the API and a new editor.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2018
George V.
SDM
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2020

"Good option to keep costs down"

Comments: Happy with this service for my marketing email campaigns.

Pros: A good alternative to some of the larger mail providers. Has the main features required without the high cost per contact.

Cons: Suits my needs perfectly. I have a simple use case and do not need a large feature set. Works well for marketing emails

• Reviewed on 25/11/2020
Ruslan G.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2019

"EmailOctopus saves us a ton of money"

Pros: Compared to Mailchimp and others EmailOctopus saves us a lot of money by leveraging Amazon sending capabilities.

Cons: Live preview of HTML coded emails could be better. Also a few more HTML templates would help a lot.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2019
Ian L.
Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2019

"Great tool for email marketing"

Pros: Ease of set up and clear instructions for AWS.

Cons: Lack features of some other competitors.

Craige hardel -.
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"Functional does the job"

Comments: it's been okay trying it out....use it for one of the funnels and it works. However it can be better

Pros: simple interface for a decent price at scale

Cons: not as robust as the other autoresponders and not the most integrations

Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2018

"Fantastic product, very affordable & brilliant customer support!"

Comments: Top top top!

Pros: Excellent product, service & world class support. Special thanks to their CTO (you know who you are) for everything you have done for us at ImmoAfrica - you really rock!! Highly recommend this as an alternative to MailChimp. Same bells and whistles, but FAR more affordable. If there were an option to give 6 stars, I would... Keep up the great work!

Cons: There's not much we don't enjoy about this product. It's simple, intuitive, and just makes sense. I doubt there is a better alternative out there at the moment, at least not in this price range.

• Reviewed on 03/08/2018
Monica C.
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"When I went looking EO was there!"

Comments: I've been using EO for over a year and I love it. They keep improving and I'll stick with them to the end.

Pros: I love the price first off. I also love the easy of set up and the quick and efficient home dashboard.

Cons: I need a link, like a landing page, or a functionality to easily copy paste HTML to make one on my website. I haven't seen that yet.

Tina S.
  • Reviewed on 03/01/2021

"Good but not open to everyone"

Comments: So and so.

Pros: The free plan is pretty generous and it offers the complete array of features for email marketing.

Cons: The sign-up process. They require you to answer a number of questions before they activate your account, and the way they ask those questions make you feel like you're an imposter.

• Reviewed on 03/01/2021