About Jolt

Jolt is an app-based software used to manage daily operations and hourly workers, giving real-time feedback to owners and managers.

Learn more about Jolt

Pros:

The client I'm working with now thought it would be useful to him and his employees.

Cons:

Changing availability has been difficult for my team. They will enter information and it will disappear.

Jolt ratings

4.5
4.8
4.5
4.6

8.9/10

Jolt has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 270 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Jolt before?

Debra
Debra
Quality Assurance Manager in US

Purchased the Jolt labeler to label in process product, but we are using it for so much more!

Comments: Labels for in process and finished products, Very simple to use. Using for scheduling, time clock management, messages, alerts, communication, and accountability of personnel. They need to log in on an ipad to the software, and they can get their tasks right there that were set up for them. Excellent product! We are using this for so much more than what we originally purchased it for.

Pros:

Originally purchased to label in process product. But when we started building labels, we realized we can also make finished product labels and apply them easier. We just used these for the first time for the entire day and couldn't be happier. Great quality and simple. This software has so many features and now our production manager is using this software for our staff. It can be used as a time clock, for messages and alerts, for accountability of workers tasks, personnel scheduling, and much more. We plan to take full advantage of all it can do for us. We seem to find something new every day that this can do for us. For the price, along with the excellent support whenever needed, it is one of the best values I have found in a long time. I cannot recall a time in my career that I have been excited about a labeler!

Cons:

I think we will have to use this a bit longer to find something we don't like about this. The one item we changed was that the labeler comes with 1" x 1" labels, which were too small for our use. Our account manager sent us the labels we needed immediately.

Angelo
Associate Product Manager in Benin
Internet, 201-500 Employees

Supercharged Performance with Jolt

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, I'm very pleased with my experience with Jolt. It has greatly improved my workflow and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

Pros:

Jolt has been a great addition to my workflow. It's incredibly fast, reliable, and easy to use. The intuitive user interface helps me get things done quickly and efficiently. The customer service is also top-notch, and they're always quick to respond to my questions or concerns.

Cons:

The only downside I've found with Jolt is that the pricing can be a bit steep for some users. There are also some features that I wish were included but are not.

2 days ago

Thank you for your review, Angelo. We're so glad to hear that Jolt has been a great addition to your workflow. We appreciate your feedback, and we'll be sure to take that into consideration for future updates. We're happy to hear that you appreciate our fast, reliable performance and customer service. We'll continue to strive to provide the best products and services possible to our customers.

rodney
president owner in US
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees

this is an unscrupulous company .. stay away!

Comments: terrible! any company that makes it so hard to cancel a subscription has no faith in their product. It is a billing scam!

Pros:

we never used the software and tried to cancel the initial free subscription. They make it virtually impossible to cancel once you are signed up! after repeated attempts to send email on they're site with nor response we disputed the charges. No one ever responded or called back. any company that makes it so difficult to cancel a subscription is a good reason to stay away. they rely on you singing up for free trial and then never being able to get ahold of any to cancel. why would they not have any way to cancel your subscription online. High pressure sales and borderline criminal! stay away!

last year

Hi Rodney, We thank you for your feedback and take your comments very seriously, as our goal is to make every Jolt customer a raving fan. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.

Alyssa
Director of Retail Operations in US

Amazing for Restaurant Operations

Comments: We're using it for our three locations for three separate schedules and tons of checklists. We have multiple users every shift, every day using the software. I absolutely love the program and am continuing to take advantage of different features as we grow.

Pros:

Pretty easy to use once you've gone through the training. The biggest pro for me compared to other softwares is the access to support all the time. It has been so helpful to be able to reach out to my contact for help and schedule calls for training--either for myself or other new team members. Another huge pro is how customizable the checklists are. I love how many different formats you can do. We've been able to customize it to our business model really well.We've also been using the Jolt sensors for all our freezers, which has literally been a savior time and time again! It's so easy to use and I love the reports you can access so you can catch a failing freezer before it's too late.

Cons:

I wish we could customize our scheduling platform more to cater to our business.

2 days ago

Thank you so much for your review, Alyssa! We are so glad to hear that you find Jolt easy to use after the training, and that our support team has been so helpful. We are also thrilled that you have been able to customize Jolt to your business model. Thank you for your feedback!

Food & Beverage Front Of House Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

Great software for scheduling, food & beverage companies

Comments: I have cut my time that is spent making the schedule down from the previous program I used.

Pros:

I have the ability to schedule as many positions to multiple employees for our Renaissance faire food and beverage staff..this is crucial when I need to have an employee work in multiple locations through out the day.

Cons:

I am unable to send the schedule to just a select employee or employees. Currently I have to send it to the entire staff.

Jaime
Food Tech in US
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Support from CSM

Comments: Jolt has been great so far! Everyone has been super helpful and very accommodating. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been doing implementation with me and he is a ROCK STAR. He always makes time for a Zoom when I need it. He has great knowledge and is absolutely a delight to work with.

Pros:

We LOVE the lists! We love the LOG BOOK! We LOVE the information library. With a few tweaks, scheduling could be outstanding as well.

Cons:

Scheduling performance. I have provided requests to help make it better.

8 months ago

Hi Jaime, Thank you for reviewing Jolt on Capterra! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and value you as a Jolt customer.

Ramy
COO in US

Solid LMS

Comments: I've used Jolt over 2 companies, and it is far superior to some of the other systems that have a huge start up cost

Pros:

Easy to build and use. Vey short learning curve. Highly effective. Eliminates the need for paper!

Cons:

UI not as inviting as some other systems

Steven
Steven

Save a ton of money

Comments: My experience has been excellent. the staff goes far and above.

Pros:

Live time cooling monitoring Last night before closing I got a warning that the UT Wing Cooler was running warm, I was able to have the guys move 10 cases of chicken wings out of this cooler before they left. In the morning the wing cooler was not operational and we were able to save all that product. Thank you Jolt!

Cons:

I wish it was integrated into more of our software

2 days ago

Thank you for your review, Steven! We are delighted to hear that you have had an excellent experience with Jolt and that our staff has gone above and beyond to help you. Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Jolt!

Claire
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees

Jolt Helps Manage Teams Remotely

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Fantastic. During the pandemic we cancelled JOLT because of expenses and we decided to go back because we did in fact really need it. Daniel Orjuela is our rep and he's the best! I really like the fact that he worked in the industry and understands what we do.

Pros:

The checklists are so easy for team to use and for me to manage remotely.

Cons:

Set-up is hard for someone who is not technical but staff helps.

3 weeks ago

Hi Claire, Thank you for reviewing Jolt on Capterra! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and value you as a Jolt customer.

Julie
Julie
Manager in Canada
Retail, 2-10 Employees

It doesn't Jolt, it can be slow

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

It's fairly simple, bare bones software but it helps with task tracking and holding employees accountable.

Cons:

Sometimes it can be slow or glitchy and lists wont pop up. It takes a bunch of logging in and out to get it going.

2 days ago

Thank you for your review, Julie! We're sorry to hear that your experience with Jolt can be a little slow. We are committed to ensuring that our users have the best possible experience and will do our best to improve performance. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to making Jolt the best it can be!

Brandon

Pretty good overall

Comments: bad the time I've saved building my schedule is astronomical. Everything is just so easy to move around. After I put some projections in, I can see plainly how much money i'm wasting on labor and where I'm understaffed. Also, when I used to build my schedules, I would get complaints from employees all the time about how I scheduled them on a day they wanted off or outside of their availability or too little or too many hours or whatever the case may be. Now I get hardly any and when I do, I can say "well did you give me your availability?" The answer is always no and then it's their responsibility to solve it

Pros:

The administrative side of the software is pretty intuitive, but advanced enough to really customize. I have not had a lot of time to play around with the other features just yet, but the scheduler is top notch. I especially like being able to make a template with unassigned employees. Every week I just drag and drop my crucial shifts to the people that can fit them and then build my schedule from there. Really the schedule building feature is just fantastic overall. I must have saved at least 6 hours of time every week since I started using Jolt if not more. Having availability and time off requests laid out over the scheduler is so nice. I employ a lot of college students whose availability can change weekly. Them having the ability to change their availability on the fly is incredibly useful for me. I used to compare my schedule to hand written notes and an availability spreadsheet. I couldn't imagine going back. Last thing I have to add is the customer service from Jolt is top notch. And I mean REALLY great. They set me up with a personal representative of which I have all contact information I need to contact at anytime directly. Every time I send an email to Jolt, it is answered almost immediately. If I bring up a question they don't have an answer for, the make an effort to find it and always get back to me. My rep Johnathan is like the friendliest guy I've ever talked to. The Customer service of this company is reason enough to purchase the software.

Cons:

The fact that it is browser based. I don't care how fast your connection is, sometimes it's going to lag. Also, what's with needing an iPad for half the features?. What if I want someone to be able to see everyone on the schedule, but not change the schedule? And by far the most annoying thing is the Jolt Lite app. It's not intuitive so I end up putting availability in myself for employees that can't figure it out. The interface of the app looks pretty bare. Like a webpage from the late 90's. When I get a push notification, it would be nice if the app opened up to whatever it is I need to approve/deny instead of the default page I set, or the last page I was on. And availability is set as "unavailable to work?" It should really be changed to when the employee is available to work, or call it "Unavailability" or something, it's just confusing.

Danielle
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Love it for our food trucks & catering operations

Comments: We use Jolt to manage the operations for our food trucks and catering services. Since we are totally mobile and often have many events occurring simultaneously, the Lists feature allows for greater oversight and accountability when it's impossible to be everywhere at one time. Jolt has greatly improved the communication between everyone in our team by utilizing the Announcements features. I love that information can be instantly sent out to our staff, we can verify that they read the information, and, most importantly, that they understand the information by requiring quick quizzes based on the topics covered. Moving away from traditional pen and paper checklists and cumbersome communications binders has been overwhelmingly embraced by everyone. We have also seen a reduction in our food waste by utilizing the Date Code Labels. Marking our food items with a clearly readable expiration date has greatly improved our "first in, first out" practices. Additionally, stamping each prepped item with the name of the staff member who prepared it has forced greater accountability that all food items are prepared correctly (and allows management to address individually anyone who needs re-training on preparing a specific item). Lastly, I can't say enough good things about Jolt support. They are extremely responsive and helpful when questions arise, and the application is constantly improving with new features added based on customer requests and feedback. We have used Jolt for a little over a year now, and I wish we had started using it years ago!

Taran
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Jolt Zebra printer

Comments: I have been using our new printer for Jolt and I LOVE IT! I really love the fact that every item prepped now is labeled with who prepped it, when they did so, and the EXACT time of expiration. The fact that it uses the internal clock to time stamp items is amazing. This keeps everyone honest. There is no fudging times or dates to extend foods shelf life.
The ease of use is incredible. I mean there is not much more to say on that. It took us a couple of tries to figure out the best way to label our items received from Sysco but then a simple answer occurred to me. Before even starting to put up the truck, simply read the invoice and print ALL labels needed and it is a breeze! After that more specific labels can be made using the custom label. We use it to mark the weights of our meats so now daily inventory is a snap. No more trying to decipher messy handwriting. I have even gone so far as to use it to label items for caterings to give things a more professional look.
I do wish that custom labels could be saved for repeat use. That is maybe my only complaint about this printer. I keep it in my office to save it from the wear and tear of daily kitchen activities. It is an extremely helpful device that has streamlined our labeling and made it much more effective as well. Having this now and using it all day every day, I hate to think of life without it.

Pros:

Ease of use. Pictures and date stamps that keep employees honest. training new employees is a breeze.

Cons:

Lack of ability to personalize to individual locations needs or preferances

Scott
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

Allows me to successfully operate multiple stores without having to be in every store, every day.

Pros:

Jolt gives me time back everyday, by allowing me to easily review each checklist from my computer, no matter where I am at. This ensures critical maintenance tasks are being completed on a daily basis, saving both time and money on potential costly repairs. The list feature, helps me confirm temperature logs are being completed, the ice machine is being cleaned routinely, and much, much more. I use the list feature to ensure deposits are being made daily, I can see the deposit receipts stapled to the end of day summary's without having to be at each store. My employees love the labeling machine! The labeling machine saves time and money, by offering a consistent, streamlined labeling process. Receiving orders takes much less time. Previously we were manually filling out labels, which took up to 20-30 minutes, two times a week. With the Jolt labeling we don't have to worry about incorrect dating, or wondering who labeled something. We go through a lot less labels as well.

Cons:

I would like to see the schedule linked to the lists. Besides that, Jolt has been a great products and given me back so much time, and less worrying about something getting done.

Ben
Owner in Australia
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees

Jolt your business

Comments: I have been using Jolt for around 3 years. I have also encouraged many other to use the product in operating their Quick Service restaurants as I feel it is an amazing operational tool. Prior to using Jolt I was creating my own intranet to manage tasks, projects, employee details, etc. Jolt could fulfill all of these requirements and ran on IOS making hardware implementation simple. I have seen the feature set grow over the years and am confident the product will continue to evolve.

Pros:

IOS (although would be nice to have it run on Android too,) great at tasks / list management.

Cons:

Bad UX design both on client and web / back end. Communications (announcements) requires time clock use (i have submitted this several times). Cannot assign tasks to security groups (only allows individuals), reporting on client is rough. A bit better on backend, but still challenging,.

Collin
Manager in US
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees

Super useful with room to grow

Comments: We are a family fun center, so we have a large variety of tasks for employees to accomplish. Jolt helps make these tasks clear to employees and helps us managers follow up if tasks aren't completed well. The software has a ton of potential, but you can tell the company is still figuring out how to keep the apps running properly across different platforms. There are also some strangely missing features that you might think should be obvious in this kind of program.

Pros:

I love being able to create custom lists to fit all kinds of purposes. Having employees log in and earn points is cool too. It's nice to look back and see who did what.

Cons:

The app can get extremely slow. There are extra features in their Jolt 2 app, but it is a buggy mess that crashes to the point of not being usable. There isn't a good way to leave comments on items without flagging the item as something that needs to be addressed and cleared.

Erica
General Manager in US

My experience with Jolt has been amazing. The team made the setup of our 3 locations a breeze.

Pros:

The support you get from the Jolt Team is great. They are quick to respond to any questions or concerns. Scheduling now takes us half the time it did before. We manage multiple stores in two states and this system has made us much more efficient and able to hold our team accountable for task that need to be completed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. We also save time and money on training and daily operations by using the Jolt dating system and printer.

Cons:

Our goal with Jolt was to eliminate paper (Time off request, School Schedules, Checklist, etc.) and it has been able to do that for us. The last thing we are converting to paperless is our cup count form. Travis was able to help us build one in Jolt but it would be even better if the list would calculate the totals. To setup up everything does take time but the bulk importing and ability to assign list to multiple locations makes it much easier.

Ryan
Director of Operations in US
Food Production, 51-200 Employees

Jolt has helped us create accountability in specific areas of the business.

Comments: Labels and one consolidated place for checklists.

Pros:

The interface is smooth, and users who are completing a checklist or task are able "check off" items with ease. It can be set up to be crystal clear on the expectation and purpose of a specific checklist. It allows all checklists, daily, weekly, monthly tasks, etc. to be in one consolidated place. E-mails can be generated and sent to key-leaders with not only the results of a checklist, but if a checklist is late, or has not been completed. As a high-level leader who is not in the operation daily, this helps me track our progress and put a pulse on the accountability my leadership team is holding the team to.

Cons:

The end result is the best - all checklists in one place. The creation process can seem daunting, but once you have the hang of it, it is relatively easy.

General Manager in Canada
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Finally a way to get stuff done

Comments: Jolt helps you put accountability back into a check list. Having had opening and closing check list before, Jolt has transformed these into actually getting done. Requiring staff to scan, take pictures, or record certain items has moved us to getting the list completed 100%. It's as if I am there with them to ensure it gets done. This is probably the best product that I have used to ensure our systems are completed 100%, Jolt is worth every penny!

Pros:

Accountability of staff, seeing what they are saying they are completing. Getting list done.

Cons:

Nothing really, it's a great program and easy to use

Courtney
DM in US
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Courtney Lauti

Comments: We use this tool as a check and balance tool. Jolt works great for that purpose alone. I also use it as a training tool for my locations. I wish that Jolt had a better tool for that to track it better by just the name of the team member.

Pros:

It take a lot of time off of the managers plate. Its a valuable tool to get items done and in a timley manner. Keeps you informed on productivity if the team members and lack of.

Cons:

Wish there was a better platform for training. Would like a video option on check list sections. I would like to be able to pull up a team members name and see what they have done and still need to test on and scores.

Marc
Training Director in US
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

An excellent Balance of ease and efficiency!

Comments: Jolt has changed the game for Balance Grille's daily operations. From opening and closing procedures utilizing the "Lists" tab, to posting announcements and keeping recipes and training videos handy in the "Info" section. We also use the "Log Book" by leaving notes/comments in the checklists, opening another channel of communication between staff and management. Jolt has helped us keep employees on task and held accountable for their work in ways that benefit our bottom line and daily proficiency.

Pros:

Quick learning curve. Communication and notifications for management.

Cons:

Software is still in development, the more we use the more features we want! Scheduling for multiple locations is not where it could be, but they are working on solutions. The reporting could be a bit easier to pull data and comprehend.

Samantha
General Manager in Canada
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Jolt

Pros:

Jolt is very easy to use and their staff are available for help whenever needed. We find it's super productive for keeping staff on track with the lists feature.

Cons:

We often find difficulties with the printer and troubleshooting it when necessary, which is a few times a week as of late.

Tonisha
Administrative Assistant in US
Accounting Software, 51-200 Employees

Checklist Heaven

Pros:

Love being able to keep up with daily task using this software, and being able to track who's completing these task with a time stamp is amazing

Cons:

I would love if it would sync a little bit faster but considering how many devices our company uses its expected to have a bit of delay

Ashley
Director of Human Resources in US
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

The Jolt Software has changed the day to day operations of our store for the better!

Comments: Faster scheduling, easily accessible checklist, bluetooth printer

Pros:

It's easy to use with so many options to be able to use at our store. We went from using so much paper to using iPads. Scheduling is so much easier and takes way less time than any other software that I have used.

Cons:

Sometimes a little glitchy with both apps and the website. I have had days where the lite app has crashed and we weren't able to find our schedule; however, it was quickly resolved.

Nicole
Office Manager in US

Super easy to use

Pros:

It works great at everyone being able to see schedules and being able to switch with someone or pick up extra shifts if needed

Cons:

I'm not sure if this can be done, but simplifying the processes so that it is a bit more user friendly would help a great deal.