PHP Point of Sale Reviews

by PHP Point Of Sale

• Overall
    4.7 /5
  • Customer Service Software

About PHP Point of Sale

With PHP POS on Mac, PC, iOS or Droid, pay no more than $34/mo. per location for advanced features needed in today's retail marketplace

Learn more about PHP Point of Sale

Bryan L.
Store Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"I have been using PHP Point of Sale for over 3 years now. I am very happy with the value and support"

Pros: Great support, if you have an issue they will take care of you. It is so comforting to know that there is a real person that will help you out when you are in a jam. They are also innovating, they don't rest on there past performance. I always see new features that I am happy they have added.

Cons: I am very happy with it. However, if I had to chose something it would be better accounting for a whole business picture of your performance.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2018
Bob M.
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"A lot of value for the price"

Comments: We used a fairly old, desktop-based POS for years. When web-based POS's started coming out, it seemed that they offered some significant advantages - though our first try with one (Hike POS) was an utter failure, based on what was promised with it. PHP POS worked great right from the start. The features they promoted all worked great - in fact, the biggest challenge was in determining how to utilize it's full potential. We've used both the downloaded and hosted version of it, which are virtually identical. We've used it on Windows pc's, ipads, and android devices. As mentioned, they offer exceptional support, including a robust feature request/implementation feature. They don't seem to pursue the same level of marketing as other POS systems, which I'm guessing would account for why they charge only about half the price of similar setups. We're all extremely happy with it.

Pros: There are an incredible number of ways to customize the software, and the range of capabilities is equal to POS software that's far more expensive. On top of that, there's support that surpasses pretty much any other software I've ever used.

Cons: I'd kind of like to see certain reports that aren't readily available, but that's an awfully minor issue.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Eduardo A.
Sales Manager
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2021

"We loved it until we developed our own"

Comments: Great. We loved the easy to use, easy to deploy and syncing features. It syncs to your woocommerce store.

Pros: It is easy to use. It is easy to understand for people who are not used to POS systems. We were able to train new employees on how to use it very quickly. The fact that you can connect several stores online was great.

Cons: Out of nowhere the team behind it decided to make it close source and forcing you to switch to their online SAS option. That didn't work well for us since we have poor internet connection in some of our stores. Therefore we had to develop our own software. The team behind PHP point of sale have since retracted their efforts to make it close source, but it was too late for us; we moved on.

by PHP Point Of Sale on 02/03/2021

Hi,

Thank you for the review. You are correct that we removed download version and brought it back. We still recommend cloud for most people now that we have offline mode.

We are sorry to lose you as a customer but we still have download and offline mode

• Reviewed on 27/02/2021
John R.
Retail
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2016

"Fantastic software for my firing range!"

Comments: We went through several demos before deciding on PHP Point of Sale. It's ease of use, and the ability for us to locally host it, and price made it the obvious choice. We've had over 16,000 transactions, 6,500 unique customers in the past year, and haven't had a single problem. Even the upgrade was seamless. The few times we've had questions, they offered exceptional customer service and has been quick to offer help whenever needed, but so far, we haven't had any issues. We are running the system on an Atom powered 1U rack server with Windows 7 Pro 4GB of ram and an SSD drive. We run daily backups as part of the daily close out of the register. We have 3 concurrent sessions running all day, and during peak business that runs up to 5 sessions. Using our own VPN, we have no issue using the system at remote trade shows with a laptop and 3G/4G hotspot. Using just a simple magnetic card reader, we have no issues taking credit cards in the field. The software is EMV compatible with the latest version but we have not implemented that feature yet.

Pros: Easy to install, very stable, and fast (running on dedicated Windows 7 Pro atom machine with SSD)

Cons: Would like to be able to add custom fields to customer database. I know it can be done with a PHP developer, but would be nice if that was an option natively.

David O.
Business owner
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"Best pos I have ever used"

Comments: Chris and the team are amazing. When I first got the point of sale it did just about everything I needed. I had one issue and Chris added it in the very next version. I made more suggestions and just about everyone was added. I live in Australia and I have even had Chris call me once to sort out and issue. I got the feeling Chris thought it was was a very important issue to fix which is great to see. I am so impressed by the software that I am currently in the process of maybe selling two more copies to local businesses.

Pros: Features are add quickly on request and the support is fast and really good

Cons: It's based on a tax system that is not local to me but the team made adjustments and added features which to sort this out. I would also like to see less need for a mouse.

Senior Project Developer
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2018

"Reliability and Awesome User Interface"

Comments: This software allows to control and manage an entire retail store, it's cloud based so you can access it anywhere with internet. It comes with different functionalities you can control the access to employees, cash, receivings, expenditures, create your own bar codes and it has different type of reports to see the behavior of your business. It's super intuitive so that reduces by a lot the time to train the people in charge of it

Pros: Beautiful User Interface and Responsive to be used in tablets, cell phones, pc's
Lots of functionalities through different modules
Lots of Reports to suit different needs

Cons: Needs Improvement to cater service companies like restaurants
Doesn't have the option to be linked with scales

Benjamin H.
IT Consultant
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"Excellent product - Excellent Value!"

Comments: I was looking for a new POS system for a client that is a very small business and couldn't afford to pay huge monthly licensing fees. A couple of times a year they run two registers, but mostly just the one. Other POS systems were expensive, inflexible and didn't offer the simple-to-use functionality we were looking for. We discovered PHP Point of Sale and their setup, ease of use, price point and flexibility are really second to none. From reporting to ordering to managing inventory, this little system does it all! Best of all, when using the Cloud-hosted version, they do all your backups for you!

Pros: Simplicity. Easy to setup and use. Nice interface. Works with existing hardware.

Cons: Honestly. I haven't found one thing that doesn't work for us. If I could have created software for my client, I would have created exactly this software.

Chelsea L.

"Extremely User Friendly!"

Pros: I like that I can access the system wherever I am, this is extremely helpful when I'm away from the office and traveling. I love that I can train my staff quickly and efficiently and can allow them each certain levels of access as the learn and with their seniority.

Cons: Only issue I have is that when I need to edit a sale that was entereted incorrectly that I have to delete the whole sale and re-enter and change the date. Prior to an update I could edit the sale and it would keep the date the same.

Yonge C.
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"Good software if you do not need any customization."

Comments: I used it from approximately 2009 to 2014.
Pros it works. No issues,
Cons customization do not waste your money. I got it customized a number of times. Quick sale button. Keyboard shortcuts, combos etc. Unfortunately the guy who was hired by the owner of the software to help with production, did not do the job and I was done with paying for both software and customization every time a new version came out. It would always be an improvement but not backwards compatible. Use Odoo POS now.

Pros: Does what it is supposed to.

Cons: Not modular. Very frequent code base changes.

Assistant general manger
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2019

"The all inclusive POS you'll ever need."

Comments: Very affordable for a small business like the one I am currently managing. Varying capabilities for different users and the simple layout makes it very easy to learn (Very intuitive). We learned that it was a single location license and needed to purchase a second one.

Pros: Multiple location POS functionality, intuitive, and powerful!!
Great customer service, easy to install and very functional.
Simple and efficient inventory managing. Two options for the POS; Download or cloud-based (Prices vary)
You do get a 14 -day free-trial which we took advantage of a few months ago and signed up for the annual. Compatible with Square for Credit card processing.

Cons: Not compatible with items that need to be weighed/ Scale systems.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2019
Daniel E.
Designer
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2019

"Ease of use and customer support"

Comments: It's a very good and intuitive software for small scale retail companies, because it helps to keep track of all records. Bitcoin payment feature should be added. It's very easy to understand and operate.

Pros: Online customer tech support.
Ease to use user interface.
Can be installed easily.
Free trial to test the software before buying.
Can add and update bulk photos.
Can be accessed remotely.

Cons: Can't be integrated with large e-commerce companies.
No drag/drop feature.
Dose not accept Bitcoin payments.
Can't be linked with scales.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2019
Adam R.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"Excellent POS software for small business that is flexible and easy to use"

Comments: I'm extremely happy with my decision to use PHP POS. I've had to use customer support a couple times, and each time I received a prompt, accurate response. The flexibility of the software and its ease of use are very good as well, allowing me to do what I want and quickly and easily check different metrics. I would like to be able to add serial number at receiving, but I believe that's coming in a future update.

Pros: Easy to use, many report categories to see/review

Cons: Would like to be able to add serial numbers at time of purchase, and be able to view sales history of a specific item instead of just category

Zech R.

"Best POS for the Money"

Comments: Seems to be the best looking and functional POS system I've found. The overall use of the POS is great for the money.

Pros: All the features and looks of the program.

Cons: The Gift Card option is not the easiest to use without tweeking some things. The Receiving could be a bit more in-depth.

Odhran M.
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2018

"Solid and feature rich POS software."

Comments: Easy, solid POS software.

Pros: Fast development of new features such as the loyalty card system, WooCommerce integration and pricing rules.

Cons: I would like more granular control over price based discount rules such as Bogof within a category or several categories.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2018
Scot M.
General Manager
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees

"Industrial Steel"

Comments: My company is a fabrication shop with some retail elements. This software fits my needs perfectly. I invoice out retail products, fabricated steel and employee labour hours. PHP is very simple and very easy to use. And the price is fantastic. I've contacted customer support 4-5 times via email, and they are very quick to help. I even suggested a new feature with their next update, and they gladly obliged. The owner of the business has downloaded the app, and loves that he can quickly login from anywhere and see / analyze the sales reports. Customers love the feature where you can automatically email the receipts / invoice to their email addresses, 5/5. Fantastic. I originally looked at another piece of software, that was much much more expensive. That software was very rigid, and need me to change my business in order to work with the software.

Pros: Ease of use
Excel import
Easily generate reports
Cloud storage

Cons: Wish you could add a link to the dashboard of a custom report, or a commonly used report
Wish you could have a global search bar on the dashboard to search the database

Kaled H.
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

"A1 Computers"

Comments: I use this PHP POS in my store and proudly sell it to our customers. I haven't run into any real issues using this web based POS. I would like to see an option to add a PayPal API.

Pros: Responsive design for mobile use

Cons: Not enough online payment gateway methods, specifically PayPal would be nice

Tito M.
Data Center / Infrastructure
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2016

"Functional Application"

Comments: I used it to showcase centralized cyber cafe management and accounting this worked very well off the shelf. The visual customization was also easy. If you have muti chains / outlets with different ownership this application can work well for centralized management and operations.
Keep up the good Job PHP POS.

Pros: Easy to use and deploy. Well optimized for slow network speeds

Cons: Non noticed so far

• Reviewed on 09/11/2016
Slav Z.
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"Great value for a small price"

Comments: I have been in retail for the last 10 years. I have used expensive software for which I paid hundreds of dollars per month. For PHP I am paying monthly because I chose the online version and never been happier. It has features for which I would have to pay additional money if I wanted with other commercial software that I have used.

Pros: Online, can accesss anywhere.

Cons: It is lacking some reporting features that are more specific to my business.

Christopher B.
IT Manager
Retail
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2016

"Great price on great software"

Comments: We had looked at several POS options, both cloud based and otherwise. We have our own internal purchasing program so we don't have much experience with the purchasing, but it's great for ringing and tracking sales. I can't say enough good about the support as well. They are very responsive . There are some advanced features I wouldn't mind seeing in the future, but the features and ease of use are better than many programs that are much more expensive.

Pros: Ease of use, features, and responsiveness to support

Cons: Cloud based requires an internet connection to be all the time, but the advantages outweigh the downsides.

Israel F.
Mr.
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2016

"Simple and Easy to use"

Comments: The software is amazing, simple and easy to use. The mode of operation is simple, although in the part of reports it is necessary some or to personalize the reports more. I would also like to implement closure of management, to have more organized my system.

Pros: Device compatibility, phones, tablets, PC and Mac

Cons: reports, oranizacion por gestión anual

• Reviewed on 11/11/2016
Jason L.
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2016

"Affordable and Professional"

Comments: I was looking for an affordable POS software that would fit my small business needs. I can't afford the other POS software that cost significantly more. I knew if I spent less I would have to sacrifice on the quality. Luckily, PHP POS is both affordable and has great quality. Little hiccups here and there but overall I think it's great bargain. I recommend to other small businesses all the time.

Pros: Simple, not difficult. Looks professional. Doesn't look cheap. Support is quick.

Cons: I wish to edit numerous items at once. Not all options are available when you try to edit numerous items.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2016
Eduardo D.
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2016

"Great for adapting to us"

Comments: The software gave us an excellent option with 95%+ of what we needed, we just had to make some adaptations, and the fact that we can do so is a great plus for us.

Pros: Ready to use on most cases, adaptability

Ali A.
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"10/10 Best of the best!"

Comments: PHP Point Of Sale is the greatest pos system in the world! More than 3 years with this great pos and counting.

Pros: Everything.

Cons: There is no options for resellers

Kevin H.
IT Services
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2016

"Best Point of Sale for the Price"

Comments: PHP point of sale was easy to install and setup. Once installled, adding categories and items was also easy. The user interface is simple, yet powerful.

Pros: Ease of use and ease of installation.

Cons: Small number of payment gateways available.

Jp C.
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2018

"Absolutely the best experience I've had while looking for a POS"

Pros: EXTREMELY fast, intuitive, very user friendly, with a very short learning curve, while at the same time ticking off EVERY SINGLE box of what we were looking for. Boxes that other, MUCH more expensive POS software didn't tick. There is literally not one feature that we were looking for that wasn't in here already. We sell retail AND wholesale and this software supports multiple price points per item. There are so many features that it would be difficult to go into them here, but, this is a truly amazing POS system.

Cons: There is literally not one feature that I didn't like about this software. Soup to nuts, this is hands down the best POS system out there.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2018