• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.4 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.4 /5

About Squarespace

Squarespace is the all-in-one platform to build a beautiful website, online store, or portfolio.

Learn more about Squarespace

Showing 1,988 reviews

Andrea C.
Copywriter + Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"SquareSpace is a let-down. It's hard to use and is missing basic features. The marketing fooled me!"

Comments: Overall, I hated using SquareSpace and I was so disappointed because I switched away from WordPress + Divi to give SquareSpace a whirl based on SquareSpace's amazing marketing. What a let down. I will never use SquareSpace again. My client wanted both of his sites designed in SquareSpace because he was also duped by the ads. I made one site and it took forever because I was constantly googling how to do something with code to get the site how we wanted it. If you use SquareSpace be prepared to be frustrated or to hire a developer. Basic functionality is missing and you can't copy anything you've done to use elsewhere. I wanted to duplicate the first site and modify it for the second. You can't do that. I had to make both sites from scratch. Support was absolutely terrible. Zero help compared to the awesome Divi support staff that has made my designing life so great for so many years (I'm not an affiliate, just a fan). Oh! And SquareSpace is expensive! You have to pay for each and every site. With WordPress, you pay for hosting somewhere, like Siteground, and you can add as many sites to that account as you like no charge. Squarespace has pretty templates that you can't modify pretty much at all, and it's expensive with terrible support. Do not choose SquareSpace as your CMS unless you are a developer. Awful.

Pros: SquareSpace has beautiful templates. They are truly gorgeous. SquareSpace also has an easy-to-use sidebar of options that puts everything that you can do on the left side. The interface is as clean as the templates. Hosting of your site is done through Squarespace. That's it when it comes to pros. There are a ton of Cons to using SquareSpace.

Cons: As a WordPress user (who has also designed with Wix), SquareSpace falls short almost everywhere. You can't import your brand font—essential. You have to use code or a back-door solution with AdobeFonts. If you want 5 items in a row, no can do. You get 4 or 6. You can't drag the amount of padding around items and sections. You must use spacer blocks (time consuming and such a bad way to do things). There's no media storage! If you upload your photo it isn't stored anywhere for easy selection later. You must upload the same image multiple times whenever you need it—frustrating. Changes can't be made on individual copy styles. Squarespace sets up its CMS as a global system so if you want to change the way your font looks in just one place, you need to insert code (markdown block). You should be able to select it and change the size or colour. But no. It's CRAZY! So time-consuming. Missing basic word-processing functionality. Squarespace has no plugin options. You can't duplicate a page of your site and you can't duplicate your site! Everything is done from scratch! In WordPress, you download a .JSON file and upload it somewhere else and you're flying. Not with SquareSpace. You can't make your overlays look different per section. Everything applies globally. You can't add borders to images. The biggest CON? There's no undo! No revision history. If you delete something accidentally, it's gone forever. Support is terrible. Every answer is "you can't do that" or "try to find code.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Financial Services Professional
Financial Services Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2021

"Simply the best website builder out there"

Comments: Amazing product overall. I wish there was a way to talk to customer service on the phone.

Pros: Far and away the easiest and best looking website builder on the market. Not even close. They follows the rules of design so you can't mess up your website. Because they have some restrictions when you are designing your site, you won't be able to place a random box or logo anywhere on the page. This means you won't make it look horrible by design.

Cons: Because they have some restrictions when you are designing your site, you won't be able to place a random box or logo anywhere on the page. This is a huge positive but can be a negative if you really want to get super creative. Aesthetics are maintained at the cost of some minor limitations in creativity.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2021
April H.
Owner/Artist
Fine Art, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2021

"Great for Artist E-Commerce"

Comments: Without Squarespace, this pandemic would have had a much bigger impact on my business than it already has had. I am grateful that I have an attractive, easy to use website, especially now when more and more of my customers are buying online instead of in person. Squarespace allowed me to create my own very professional looking web presence without requiring that I have a degree in software engineering or computer programming to do so.

Pros: I've been using Squarespace for many years now, after trying at least three other website hosting platforms, and Squarespace is by far the best, most versatile, and modern one. It was difficult to find a platform that caters to artists who are also businesspeople...Artist-oriented websites didn't work well for e-commerce, and e-commerce websites didn't work well for art. With multiple pricing options, the platform is perfect for my small, handmade jewelry business. With myriad website "themes" you can customize your website to really tell your story and present unique, one-of-a-kind products. They have an app so that I can easily edit inventory from my phone. Squarespace is easy to use and has all the options that I need for running a business.

Cons: Sometimes the product photos do not show up in the right order, instead of displaying in the order that I arrange, they display in the order in which they were uploaded. Also, I have been using Squarespace for so long that I use an old template, but from what I can tell, I can't transfer my products and images into a new template. I would have to start all over with creating products, pages, and adding photos.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2021
Alyssa P.
Founder & Creative Director
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2020

"Squarespace is my favorite web design platform as a boutique web designer"

Comments: I love Squarespace. I've been using it for over 3 years and have been able to quickly produce several websites with it. I'm a little disappointed by how much Squarespace is limited on design, but the tradeoff is worth it with how easy their platform integrates e-commerce, email marketing, scheduling, and inventory management all-in-one.

Pros: Squarespace is clean, sophisticated, modern, easy to use, and has built-in features such as domain purchasing, email marketing, scheduling, and e-commerce that make it easy to run a business. With Squarespace, I can trust that my clients will be able to manage their website 100% by themselves once I finish designing it for them. With other platforms (like Wordpress), I cannot guarantee the same. I also like how transparent Squarespace's pricing and plans are. It's so easy to upgrade or downgrade as your needs change. In Squarespace, I can design a high-quality website extremely fast and share the draft with my clients easily.

Cons: Squarespace is the least flexible of all the web design platforms that I work with in terms of design customization. There are a lot of different types of widgets and ways to display content that simply aren't available on Squarespace because the platform limits what you can change in the design (probably to prevent websites from turning out bad). I've also noticed that Squarespace websites typically load slower than some of the websites I've built on other platforms like Webflow and Duda.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2020
Ian B.
Director of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"A website-builder following the K.I.S.S. mantra"

Comments: Squarespace can't do everything you might want from a website. Or... well... it probably nearly can. The devil is in "how" it accomplishes things. Essentially the whole product keeps you "on rails" as you roll out a website. Every element within the builder has maybe one or two customization options, but the rest is hidden behind an impenetrable interface. But, Squarespace isn't just keeping functionality out of your hands to be cruel, it is often saving you from yourself. By limiting the options available to you, they also limit the potential outcomes of your foray into web design / ecommerce / etc into mostly desirable ones. Sometimes, rules/restrictions can be good! In this way, I'd say they are kind of like the "apple" of website-building platforms.

Pros: At one time, Squarespace's slogan was "build it beautiful." They take this mantra seriously, as the platform makes it almost impossible to NOT make a beautiful website. Can it be restrictive? Yes. But in limiting the user's options, it often is doing them a service. If you absolutely must have functionality or an type of implementation Squarespace doesn't support, then you probably need the help of an expert (either a dev agency or a marketing/design agency) or you are yourself an expert – in which case, you probably should have started with a more sophisticated tool.

Cons: The one area where customization is often necessary is in CSS. A bit of custom CSS goes a long way toward making a site look less like a template. Just as having a clean crisp UI/UX is the bread and butter that makes Squarespace sites so attractive to small businesses, having a "one-of-a-kind" look can go a long way toward making those businesses look more credible. It is a delicate balancing act, which Squarespace usually nails quite well... but the lack of documentation on how the site treats custom CSS is a shortcoming. I basically end up anding "Important!" to everything, because it is impossible to tell what elements of my CSS Squarespace is going to arbitrarily overwrite with no explanation.

Kinsey V.
Photographer
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2019

"Web Design, but make it fun."

Comments: I first started using Squarespace under another Photographer, whom I was managing their studio and day to day "to-do's". I took over her website maintenance and blog, to which was surprisingly easy to navigate. I loved how I was able to read analytics and see what content was working and what was not. The sleek layouts made a few easy clicks look like I spent 4 years in web design. So it was really a no brainer when I decided to start my own business; I knew I would be showing my work to the world through Squarespace. There is just something about the designs of these Squarespace websites that look stunningly polished and exceptionally functional.

Pros: As a former user of Wordpress, I found Squarespace to be a breath of fresh air. I've be using it since 2014 and have never looked back. It actually made designing my website and grabbing analytics fun! When navigating the software, it felt like I had been here before. It was so easy to find the tools and customize the fonts and sizing to my preferences. Adding pictures in where I need them is easy and the layouts they offer display my work in such a beautiful fashion that even I'm blown away. All in all, I love this software because it offers so many different themes and customizations without being confusing. It's actually fun and I love that a blog is included with my site. It's like a whole other site to customize and tweak to your taste. I was never a blogger before but now I don't have a choice, Squarespace makes it too easy to make excuses now.

Cons: There are very few things that come to mind when talking about disliking this software. I do wish there was a larger library of fonts readily available for each area of customization, across all themes.

Laura P.
Photographer
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"Great website usage, and overall easeability for someone who doesn't know how to code"

Comments: Overall, I will be a lifetime user of Squarespace. It has catapulted my wedding photography business into the next level, allowed me to optimize my site with unique keywords and SEO search terms that put it at the top of the Google search for wedding photographers in my area, and the analytics section of the site is really helpful to see where my traffic is coming from on my site and how I can drive more traffic to my site. Again, as someone who knows hardly anything about SEO, it has made me an SEO wizard and has revolutionized my wedding photography business!

Pros: I love the fact that there are so many templates that you can choose from to make your website exactly the way that you want it to. I also love the fact that the templates are so easy to use, especially for someone like me who doesn't like or really know how to code!

Cons: What I dislike is that there are certain templates that do not allow you to customize as easily, or at all, as some of the other templates. I found that I have to really search how to change things within each template and then decide from there if it is a template that I want to use. It was trial and error to discover that not all templates have fully customizable features and I wish that they all were fully customizable to make it even easier to use.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Dave V.
Founder and Arts Chaplain
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2018

"Squarespace remains my top choice, but just barely."

Comments: I used to build my own sites - first manually then through Wordpress. I used to have a lot of security issues. Multiple hacks and breaches. Lost sites and downtime. I haven't lost a wink of sleep over a website since I signed up for Squarespace. For me, that's worth the money I pay. The software is beautiful, slick and simple (once you understand it - it's a bit quirky). But the cost keeps rising while other, cheaper options keep getting better. I still love Squarespace, but it's increasingly tough to recommend based on price.

Pros: Squarespace is easy to set up (a site can be completed in an hour or less if you have all the info you need ready to go). Once a site is live, it rarely has any issues, becomes visible on Google fairly quickly, and there are no security worries to deal with as everything is hosted on THEIR servers, not mine. The templates are the best in the business and it's difficult to make a Squarespace site look ugly. Not impossible of course, but tough :) Drag and drop interface is great and integrations abound.

Cons: Squarespace has become increasingly expensive, moving more and more features to higher and higher tiers. Their e-commerce options are great for a simple store with few product options, but you cannot change the image of a product when a customer selects a variation of that product - like a different colour of shift, for example. This was a deal-breaker on a recent project and drove us toward Shopify. Wix sites used to look terrible. They can now look pretty good (again, mileage may vary with templates and design skills). Bandzoogle has more features for bands at a better price point. Weebly has great design options. All claim easy drag and drop interfaces. All offer cheaper options than Squarespace for a similar feature set. Squarespace domains are free for the first year only. Then, thye cost more than many other options. I found that one out the hard way.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2018
Virginia B.
Communications Manager
  • Reviewed on 26/07/2018

"The argument for Squarespace over Wordpress: for simplicity and beginners"

Pros: There are many, many website creation platforms… and making the wrong decision is a disaster no one should have encounter. Because Squarespace and Wordpress are so prominently recognized, this review is intended for those trying to decide between the two. Overall, I would recommend Squarespace for organizations, entrepreneurs, small size businesses, startup company, or anyone who wants to take a more simplistic approach to building their website. Wordpress would be better utilized for websites with a lot of content, images, or heavily customizable needs and/or larger businesses. Pros
Squarespace website generation platform is a heavily controlled and monitored environment, run only by the company itself. All the testing is done within their own environment to ensure all plugins, tools, etc. are running correctly at all times.
Squarespace is a great fit for beginners who would prefer to have the web creation platform make the decisions for you or those who want something simple and navigationally instinctual. Navigating my way around Squarespace took me a simple day to learn its ins and outs; it took me nearly a year to learn all the unique, in-depth features of Wordpress. Because Squarespace is not an open source platform, its customer support team is available 24-hours a day, to help resolve issues and provide advice (via live chat). It’s their responsibility to fix any plugins, or issues that arise outside of your control. In contrast Wordpress is an open source platform, meaning the responsibility for fixing any issues that arise would fall on you; you will most likely need to hire outside help if you are a beginner and/or have little tech/coding experience. Although Wordpress is more customizable (developers/programmers can create their own plugins, themes, and tools and apply it to your site for a specific look) you take the risk of running into potential compatibility issues; open source does not always guarantee 100% reliability.

Cons: Because Squarespace is a more simplistic approach to web creation, you don’t have the option to fully customize the theme or jazz it up the way you may want. If you are really looking to create a website that is fully automated and stands out from the general information website I would suggest WordPress. I have not found Squarespace’s community help center to be as helpful in providing answers or pointing me in the right direction, however you always have support available to you; Wordpress has a larger collection of help forums on the web that can help you figure out fix issues, compatibility, coding adjustments, etc.

• Reviewed on 26/07/2018
Neyda jose M.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 23/05/2019

"Excellent design templates"

Comments: This software is really useful because thanks to the fact that it provides the best tools for the design of sites or pages it is much simpler to do this process without having to do it from scratch, besides the pages designed with it can have a great commercial growth thanks to they can position themselves in a much simpler way, which is why it is the ideal tool to grow and make known any type of business.

Pros: I really like this platform based on the design of pages or websites because it provides templates that adapt automatically to devices, but also offer a very modern and attractive design so designing web pages with them give a unique touch and very visually attractive, it also has an extremely elegant interface that can be navigated to visualize the progress of what has been done without having to do it separately, but by means of a preview which is an excellent advantage, since that in this way you have an idea of ​​how the page will look and if it fits what you are looking for, it also provides very complete tools for design where you can select the logo, edit styles by changing colors to give it a touch more personal to each design and not only you can modify it also the images or add from other platforms, that is why designing with this software is really great because provides everything necessary to build a good page that can represent a business.

Cons: One of the things that I do not like and I think they could improve is that it would be great to choose elements to attach on the page can be done through a bar that is displayed to the side because that way it would be much simpler to work and Do not get disoriented with what you do.

• Reviewed on 23/05/2019
Amethyst M.
admin assistant
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2019

"Beautiful website in no time"

Comments: Because this part of my job is largely volunteer, it is nice to have a product that is so user-friendly and still produces a beautiful site that people can engage with.

Pros: I am not a programmer and yet I was able to create and manage a beautiful website for our church. I love that that templates just work and I can easily customize it to include everything we want and need without having to go through a third party. The app is so helpful for quick edits on my phone when I'm out of the office.

Cons: Would like to be able to have announcement banners on the front page without paying more. It's difficult to highlight an event or create urgency with the current set up.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Kathryn B.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/09/2019

"Great website software"

Comments: Square space has been great overall, I’m happy with the ease of use and overall customer service. I’ve had a few troubleshooting issues, but overall I’m happy with the price and ease of use for my customers as well.

Pros: Square space is very easy to use. I built my companies website on there and it look me less time it was going to take on some other sites. I am by no means web designer, but square space has thought of so much, that is simplifies a lot of steps for the user. They have a lot of great designs you can choose from and then customize yours from there. The integration is also fantastic because you can work with recommended third party companies for shipping, accounting etc.. I also don’t think there pricing is bad. As a retail business we pay for the consumer piece monthly but if you’re just writing a blog or a smaller less involved website the costs are very low or free. We also have the ability to take off their logos when paying and have our own logos and advertising. We also got a deal with google analytics for it.

Cons: The only thing I struggle with is integrating reviews on my retail inventory. They don’t have a very simple way to code and have an area to have reviews on every piece of inventory and I’m still working on it. I called customer service and they were not helpful in this aspect, but have been very helpful in almost everything else.

• Reviewed on 02/09/2019
Shauna A.
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"I'm obsessed with Squarespace"

Comments: I used to be a Wordpress lover, but after building my first Squarespace site, I never wanted to go back. It may not be for everyone, but most businesses will find everything they need with Squarespace.

Pros: Easy-to-use. No plugins necessary because most features are built right in. Very short learning curve. Websites can be up and running in a matter of hours. Sleek sites look professional and are easily customizable.

Cons: Most people can "tell" a Squarespace site by the look of it. (I think things tend to be a bit blocky.) I would like the ability to create backgrounds for pages without having to add images in section blocks. (Like a drag and drop option.) Also, would love more integrations past Mailchimp and Acuity. (I use Calendly and ActiveCampaign!)

• Reviewed on 01/08/2019
Laci M.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2020

"Absolutely love Squarespace!"

Comments: This has made it so easy to set up a working e-comm website that we will never switch and we are able to make money without doing more than 5 min work.

Pros: This software is so easy to set up. They offer excellent customer service, amazing support, and a really smooth setup. We use their template, their e-commerce, and their website. We love them all.

Cons: Some of the working sections can be a little hard to understand at first but with their support team, they are easily figured out. I still have not figured out how to do a facebook pixel with it.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2020
Caitlin M.
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2019

"Easy to use, professional design without any tech experience"

Comments: It has been so easy to build beautiful sites on Squarespace and have been able to fully customize my site to suit my needs. I never recommend anything else.

Pros: Squarespace is SO easy to use and makes building professional-looking sites simple and incredibly easy to update. It is great for beginners but also suitable for more experienced website builders!

Cons: Occasionally I can't figure out how to navigate something or customize something, but I can always figure it out with a quick Google!

• Reviewed on 09/10/2019
Víctor R.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2020

"Only for basic websites."

Comments: You can easily have a decent website in a very short period of time, but it is not for personalized websites. It is recommended for people that want to put together their website by their own and do not have big knowledge on web development or programming.

Pros: Offers a big variety of templates of landing pages and traditional web sites, wich can be slightly adapted. It alouds you to add different elements (text, gallery, and photos) with only one click. If you already have your domain it is easy to configure it with Squarespace. You can produce multilingual pages. It enables you to add an e-commerce module, as well as a contact form page.

Cons: It is not easy to adapt the templates to specific design features. it is tricky to modify pictures sizes and locations. If you are trying to modify the header and footer, you need to do them in each page separately. Only the title and the main menu reproduce through different pages automatically. The logo in the header is not adaptable for multilingual websites, it remains constant.

• Reviewed on 05/01/2020
Steven B.
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
Photography, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Great functionality and templates"

Comments: As referenced above, we were creating a space for a book release and publicity campaign for a photographer releasing his memoir. Squarespace was able to successfully host the site and create big impact for the release.

Pros: The sleek design, easy functionality and classy templates are great for quickly starting a site that will stand out and be professional. I recently created a site for a colleague's book release and publicity campaign--a photographer with incredibly exacting standards--and Squarespace's templates and ability to host high quality images worked well to make an impactful site.

Cons: At times, if you'd like to do something customizable that doesn't quite fit the template, you can run into some slowdowns. In our case, we wanted very specific features that the template didn't give us--it got us 90% of the way. However, once we hopped on the phone and chat with customer service, our team was able to communicate our needs and have them executed into the page.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Matthew B.
Owner / Music Director
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2019

"Great, easy to use software"

Pros: When I first discovered Squarespace, it was exactly the web design software I dreamed of. I'm not a cider or a developer and so in previously using Dreamweaver, the learning curve was way too steep to be worth my time in what I used it for. Rapidweaver was Ok but not nearly as flexible while also being straightforward like Squarespace. Since using Squarespace I designed three beautiful websites.

Cons: The email is a little expensive in my opinion. Overall I wish the service was a little less expensive for small businesses. Creating video content that doesn't link out from another service, or integrating audio players, sometimes feels a little difficult or not as simple as as it could, but it's rare I'm using it in this fashion.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2019
Career and Leadership Coach, Founder
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Easy to use and beautiful templates"

Comments: Overall I've had a great experience with Squarespace. I'm able to have a professional looking website up and and running, with no hassle. I have somewhere to direct potential clients, and clients can book time with me directly from my website. It's done exactly what I wanted it to do and I didn't have to spend a lot of time setting it up. I don't have to do any maintenance, which means I can focus on my core business.

Pros: I really love the templates that Squarespace offers and the software's ease of use. I spent an afternoon putting my website together and it was just so easy to launch. I'm in a service business and I use my website as a place to send people. I'm not interested in driving a lot of traffic to my website, it's something for me to have. It's so easy to update and if I ever change the name of my company or the domain, I won't feel like I've invested all this time into it, that I'll feel bad letter it go. At the same time, I'm really proud of it, I love the way it looks and it's so easy to update.

Cons: I notice my computer slows down a bit when I have it open. I do have an older computer, so it's slow in general, but when I open up Squarespace to update my website in Safari, it slows things down. Not a huge deal since I don't update it that much anymore, but I do notice it when I'm on it.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
April F.
artist
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"This software makes me look good!"

Comments: I created a website for my artwork using Squarespace, and it makes me look good!

Pros: This program makes it easy to build a professional looking website in no time at all. There are many different templates you can choose from which offer a diversity of looks. Its easy to find a match with your product.

Cons: Occasionally, the software isn't as intuitive as it could be. The graphics used for editing look like writing, when they are for image control.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Andrew H.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"Favorite turn-key web platform I've ever used."

Comments: I recommend this product all the time to other small nonprofits and anyone trying to launch a creative idea because of it's immediacy, ease of use, professional abilities, and cost. So many features packed into an affordable website solution pack.

Pros: This is such a powerful website creation platform that anyone can use, regardless of your industry or business size. Plus, it's beautiful, easy to navigate, packed with all the right features you need (page navigation, embedded features, analytics, e-commerce, etc..). Plus, it's extremely cheap given the alternative of custom building a website, hiring a graphic designer, and then waiting for all that to be done. Can't say enough about how impressed I am with this platform.

Cons: At times, you're limited by our own creativity or experiences when trying to setup your website on your own. There is a learning curve to figuring out how to make the site do what you want it to do based on your creative abilities or how the drag and drop features work. This is also a benefit, but takes a bit to learn how to get things to turn out how you have them in your mind.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2018
IT Systems Administrator
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2021

"A perfect solution for many businesses"

Comments: Building a website for a small to medium business can be a complicated task. Lately there have been a few solutions that have come on the market to make this easier. First there was Wordpress which was much easier than programming the site yourself, but a lot of complication was still there of customizing and upgrading. Wix, Weebly and Squarespace then made this process much easier by supporting all the infrastructure and giving a simple to use drag and drop interface.

Pros: I find Squarespace to be a lot more visually creative and interesting compared to the competition of wix and weebly. The builder interface is also a lot easier to navigate and doesnt have as many UX quirks and fumbles.

Cons: I find Squarespace to be a bit pricey when you start purchasing their add-ons. They nickel and dime a little bit when it comes to these additional features.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2021
Creator/Consultant
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Squarespace to Get a Website Up and Running Quickly On Your Own"

Comments: While Squarespace is very easy to setup and build content into, you'll want to put time into practicing the How To. Everything is drag and drop, so you add blocks (text and images) to the pages you build. The only thing I've found annoying is the spacing when you drag around these blocks, and trying to remove excess space in a layout. But this is something you'll run into with other site builders. I enjoy using it and it does offer a very user friendly experience.

Pros: Squarespace really helps you create beautiful websites. They have a range of templates that you can scroll through and decide which will suit your business. You have to be somewhat comfortable with technology to get yourself up and running, at minimum to sign up, transfer your domain name if you already have one. The best part about Squarespace is that it does all the hosting and backups for you. This is a big deal for business owners who just don't have the capacity and knowledge to do this.

Cons: It's a little trickier to customize. I'm a WordPress person and work with clients that use Squarespace. I also find Squarespace a bit more difficult when it comes to SEO. I'm used to having more control over what I set as keywords and structure vs what I can do in Squarespace. That's also because I use WordPress with Yoast. That said, I've researched Squarespace and they do seem to do some decent ranking with their SEO tools. I am not an SEO expert so if that's a thing you want to learn more of, def dig in a little more. A challenge I found was with the Comments field. Have a look at how they work when you do a test run. If you have a client that's not comfortable with the admin side of Squarespace then pre-empt that with a walk through, and if you're administering the site you'll want to coordinate and handle the actual comment updates on their behalf.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Janna W.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2020

"Super easy to build your own website"

Comments: Overall, I have loved being able to easily build and edit my own website and add products, make changes whenever I want to. It was a game changer for a tiny business like mine where I couldn't afford to have a full-time web developer to build and update my site for me whenever I had a new product or feature to add to it.

Pros: I like how easy it is to build a website that looks good on all different devices. It is easy to set up and customize to a certain extent. It is beautiful and once you learn how the customization works, it is pretty simple to add different blocks and make your site look great on your own.

Cons: It is hard to get exact placement and sizing of images and badges because of the automation of the way it looks on different devices. You can't always get something to show up where you want it to be on the screen or line up next to each other. It also doesn't connect automatically to my accounting software so I have to enter my orders manually...so that is a bit annoying.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2020
Kevin A.
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Literally the Easiest Way to Get on the Web"

Comments: It was easy and simple to set up and I found myself using extra apps that are in the Squarespace brand with the website.

Pros: I loved how easy it was to set up. There are many Youtube tutorials to implement extra software that came with it like the program Acuity (scheduling app).

Cons: The price was very high for the amount of traffic that could be had on the website. The basic plan was about 5 dollars a month more than others and I didn't see why other than the brand name.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2021