QuickBooks Commerce Reviews

• Overall
    4.3 /5
  • Customer Service Software

About QuickBooks Commerce

QuickBooks Commerce enables you to manage inventory and orders for your wholesale or multichannel business and keep track of products.

Learn more about QuickBooks Commerce

Phill D.
Food Production
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2015

"Love it"

Comments: I have had a few bumps along the way with Tradegecko, but overall I love it. I was with Unleashed for 2 years when I heard about the Tradegecko integration with WooCommerce, which was exactly what I needed. I decided to do a quick trial in January to scope out the system for a potential end of financial year change over at the end of March. Within 2 hours I had decided to fully implement the system immediately. Mine is a particularly complex installation as I have a large number of WooCommerce extensions. Tradegecko has been relatively stable, but there have been a few learning experiences.

Pros: I was recently asked what I thought were the benefits of Unleashed over Tradegecko and my reply was that there, are none. The WooCommerce integration is a huge benefit for me, but even if that was taken away, I feel that Tradegecko has the edge. Unleashed does not do tax inclusive pricing well. If you are a wholesaler then this might not be much of a problem, however, if you are retailing too it does become an issue. Tradegecko seems to have solved these technical difficulties and it makes the system much easier to use.

Cons: If you have an integration with WooCommerce then I strongly recommend you have a thorough backup system on your website before you install then do any updates of the Tradegecko app or WooCommerce app. I have had a couple of issues with updates and have now learnt to wait a couple of days before updating - for one issue I think I was the first person to update and experience the particular issue and therefore the technical team hadn't had a chance to fully investigate the bug. I have had a couple of issues with the helpdesk, but it was just one of their agents, and with any growing business there will be some technical staff who are more and less experienced than others. Also, their engineers don't work the weekends and I think this is something that could be improved, for a worldwide system and online so needs someone on hand 24/7. On the positive side of this however, they have been very responsive to some of my constructive criticisms and seem genuinely interested in improving their systems.

by TradeGecko on 20/07/2015

Hi Phill,

Thanks for the honest feedback, and we are glad that TradeGecko has been able to help you meet your needs. We are always looking to improve our system and service, so we will be sure to pass your feedback on. Have a great day!

Regards,
Alicia
TradeGecko

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2015
Steven F.
Machinery, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Great piece of software"

Comments: Does what it says it does on the tin and is a cracking piece of software. Looks greats and getting around it is pretty easy. Customer service is good and always at hand to help but the software just works so didn't need much help setting it up

Pros: QBC was so easy to manage and implement, running purchasing, sales orders, invoices, shipping and payments. we are now in the process of linking this product to woocommerce and QBO.
Powerful piece of software. I was up and running on a live version straight away after the 14 days trial where I spent that time learning what the system could do.
Highly recommend it. Good customer service..

Cons: Would like more flexibility on reports and you need to remember to reload/refresh when you've made changes.
Not able to run customers with a credit limit

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2019

"Fully Featured and Flexible"

Pros: TradeGecko offers a ton of capability and flexibility for eCommerce businesses of any size. Also extremely extensible through its API, and readily available integrations.

Cons: Pricing structures are sub-optimal for certain business models.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2019
James O.
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2016

"Transformed Our Business."

Comments: Trade Gecko has transformed our business,before we where overwhelmed with emails texts and phone calls,by my customers. But now everything is so organised.
We tried so many other B2B apps, before Trade Gecko,with no success. And to top it all off,we get as part of the package,an awesome app,which we have on our iPads. We now don't need to take along any invoice books,or samples, when attending trade fairs,or when calling on our customers.
And one of the many great things about using the B2B app is that, we are able to personalise it
With our company logo's etc,so to all intensive purposes,it feels and works like we had it made Bespoke for ourselves.
There are so many other aspects to the software,such as stock control,weekly performances sent directly to my iphone,I just don't know how we done business prior to using this App.
And our customers can now order,at a time and place that suits them.
Lastly and of great importance to small business,the price,I challance anyone to show me an app,anywhere in the marketplace,that packs so many great tools,in to a software package,at such a great price. Thank you thank you thank you. James O Kane
American Candle & Gift Company

Pros: everything

Cons: No Payment Module

• Reviewed on 28/09/2016
Debbie M.
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2014

"Our Inventory Headaches are Gone"

Comments: I run an eCommerce business in South Africa called Sensational Kids - www.sensationalkids.co.za. We curate and sell educational kids toys to people and schools across SA. When we embarked on this journey, I was somewhat naive as to the complexities involved with managing a large inventory of products. We started doing everything with a spreadsheet and our site back end system, but things quickly got out of hand. Our eCommerce dev company recommended that we consider integrating the site with a dedicated inventory management system that also spoke to Xero accounting. The team at The Hatchery spent 3 months evaluating all the inventory systems that had interfaces to Xero (incl. OrderHarmony, Unleashed etc), and after throwing TradeGecko (TG) into the decision making mix, we realised it was the system of choice for our requirements. PROS
1. Many inventory systems are weighed down by complexity and archaic interface designs. TG provides current design and interface cues that easily displace the competition when it comes to usability. I consider myself computer literate but by no means an expert, and I find TG to be so easy to work with.
2. Their API allowed our devs to build a seamless integration to TG. Now our inventory and site are kept in sync in real time.
3. Their interface to Xero has saved us a lot of time. A sale on our site goes into TG and then into Xero. Once approved, Xero reconciles the transaction against our bank statement, and whalla, I need do no more to ensure my accountant is happy :)
4. They have some great reports which give me a useful perspective on my inventory. Making good business decisions is so much easier. I am not yet an inventory guru, but thanks to TG I feel I am doing a pretty good job ;)
CONS
1. At times, our devs found turnaround of integration issues a little slow. All contact I have had with TG from a user support perspective has been very efficient, but if you are considering a complex integration then ensure your devs talk to the TG devs in advance.
2. There is no bulk image management process that works well for eCommerce clients like myself. We manage images using our site's back office system, and this works well except for those times when we want to use the TG mobile sales app and then need to manually sync all images to TG.
SUMMARY
Simply put, my business wouldn't be where it is today if it wasn't for this easy-to-use and comprehensive inventory management system. I highly recommend this system!

• Reviewed on 29/10/2014
Katie H.
GENERALIST
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"5 STAR"

Comments: I've enjoyed using TG for several years now.

Pros: Ease of use. I also appreciate the quick customer service correspondence.

Cons: I have no complaints. I find this program very easy to use and it is intuitive.

by TradeGecko on 13/02/2020

Its great when we hear that our long term customers continue to rate our platform so highly, and our customer service team appreciate the shout out. Thanks for the review, Team TradeGecko

• Reviewed on 11/11/2019
Christian C.
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2016

"Cost Effective System For I'ts Features"

Comments: I have sourced about 3 months for a system that meets my business needs. My Business is mainly operated under consignment. The operations needed to be as time effective as posible to maintain a considerable margin. Other programs or systems had their features that could work with my business but NOT as effective like TradeGecko's system does.

Pros: The program is very easy to use. Customer service responds fast and effective in comparison to other systems I have had experience with. The cost for the features it includes is acceptable. It allows you to have add ons (sync orders and shipment information for online stores like AMAZON, EBAY and other shipment programs like Shipstation). Also allows me to create orders using my iPad and iPhone while on the go (The orders automatically sync with the sYstem).

Cons: The program is web based. If you have no intenet It does not work. Remember most of the existing systems in the market REQUIRE web connection so I think it's not a big deal. The mobile app only works on Apple devices.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2016
Jacob V.
Service Manager
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2016

"Business Impovement"

Comments: Ive been using the system now for several years. I do things a little differently with the software and truly it makes it easy for me and my needs. I mainly use it as an internal tracking system for product inventory and service supplies given out to my technicians. It allows them to order as buyers through the B2B portal from our online e-supply inventory and receive their daily products needed to complete their tasks. I love how simple it make it for me in getting them ready for the day and also at the same time allowing me to track their usage on an individual basis.

Pros: Simple tutorials and very user friendly. Easy to add images, create contacts and manage inventory levels with multiple ways of doing so. Our inventory items don't change often but the amount we use of them is very revolving on a daily basis. Following along with my purchase orders and shipments allows me to know how we are doing and were our money is best being used.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2016
Donn I.
COO
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2019

"Utilizing Gecko for our technology business"

Comments: very good once you understand the platform, but still has a certain level of difficulty editing.

Pros: look of templates and the area to add notes

Cons: Ability to 'edit' sales orders and invoices is impossible once a sales order or purchase order has been created or saved. We would like to be able to revert back to a sales order or purchase order and add/edit shipping costs or items once one of these have been saved/created. We must go back and eithe delete or clone one of these, begin again in order to have a clean sales, purchase order or invoice. Lastly, having more relationships would be appreciated. And lastly, relationships are some times difficult to edit and add to an order.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2019
Scott S.
  • Reviewed on 09/09/2020

"Looks good from the outside but crap under the hood"

Pros: The software has some decent functionality in the inventory syncing between sales channels and purchase orders, product creation. But this would be a pretty expensive option for just inventory syncing.

Cons: Where to start... The back end reporting is the worst I have ever come across in any system. You cant run any type of clear order reporting, my accountants (two different ones) had to manually look at each order to reconcile payments for their wholesale module because there is no proper order reporting. When you ask TradeGecko about any gaps in reporting or any other lack of functionality they ask you to 'submit a feature request'. I submitted 11 of them over 1 year and have not heard back on any of them. Toerh negatives: You can not enter in any custom shipping amounts in the system. You can not enter in a ship to address when creating a new order for any drop ship orders, you have to go in a create a whole new customer in a different section of the system then go back into the order just to use a 1 time shipping address. You can't print or even export your inventory count reconciliation report... I have to take screenshots and then paste to excel just so I can have a report to investigate from... and these are just a few of the major gaps with this system. The support is worse that the gaps, there is no one to call you can only email them and it often takes weeks before you get a response and often the only response you get is to 'submit a feature request'. Save your money but more importantly save you time and look for another option.

• Reviewed on 09/09/2020
Michael O.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2020

"TradeGecko - you want the REAL scoop - Read here - NO ONE will tell you this before you buy"

Comments: Well, i went through 4 attempts to integrate over a year, before after 1000's of hours documenting, troubleshooting, sitting on calls, I said enough is enough. I am done. They agreed, and I am on MTM until i move off shortly My new pick is not made yet. I can't stay here though. THE SOFTWARE DOES NOT Work as described. At all. Their methodology on Amazon changed over a 2 month period. I pointed that out to therm. I was on my third Account Exec at that point. You don't really have account execs, I was just providing them so much that they did not know about the holes in their system. (Returns automated processing non existent for example) , they were providing me some assistance.

Pros: Not much. The Product / Variant organization in the Left Hand Nav, takes a LONG time to get used to, it is far from intuitive. The "Intelligence " reporting is FAR from it. Garbage Data In garbage data in reports? Maintaining your inventory integrity is IMPOSSIBLE in TG. For "supply chain " software they do not take in data from integrated channels for the following critical fields: "On Order" (reserved) , IN TRANSIT (unbelievable) , and the CAPPER - They have NO MECHANISM TO RECORD unit level Returns. They depend on Sold 1 - Degrade one methodology and only count a return when the Amazon App is SYNC'd and the INV in Trade Gecko for FB overall INV position. Not taking into account Returns, muchus less inaccurate receivings, lost stock in the AMAZON distribution network (2 items a day for me) - you inv is INACCURATE on any item the moment it is shipped to AMAZON. Of course non of the above data gaps are discussed, nor is you will have to manually process returns at an order level in their system.

Cons: Lets get right to it. The main reason people buy this platform is to integrate AMAZON FBA / and several other businesses. Any combination is possible - eBay and Walmart are supported BUT ONLY with a CART ROVER account which they provide and set up with WM etc. As is typical NO TRAINING is provided on CARtROVER, and there is no knowledge base in the Gecko system. Bonus, ther support will tell you that they are not able to support cart rover problems. So recapping yes you can integrate with other channels beyond WOO COMMERCE, and Amazon (whom have custom APP integrations we'll cover those next) - with a totally different, fairly complex, piece of middleware for which you will receive no training and limited support. A year in i get 5 errors a week out of Rover. Huge time sucker, you will notice a theme there. The GLARING inadequacy of TG is the lack of integrated returns processing. THIS IS THE DEAL KILLER. As we are all buying this tom mage our MULTI CHANNEL inventory with CONSTANT INS and OUT of 1 piece here on eBay, 2 units out the door on amazon and another on my Woocommerce site. In my 20 plus years of eCommerce I find that 5% is a good number for what you can expect in returns from the end customers. More on Amazon due to their return policies. Your inventory integrity is non existent quickly. You would need to sync the app daily or every other day. No one will ever give you that direction though from TG. Staff is unaware of these issues.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2020
Russell W.
Sales/Customer Support
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2018

"TradeGecko - Quality System"

Comments: Overall, TradeGecko is a solid tool that I use every day and cheerfully recommend it to others.

Pros: TradeGecko is, for the most part, intuitive and easy to work with. In the course of a day of sales and customer support activities, I will move between Orders, Inventory, sometimes, reports and stock information. I can smoothly move back and forth and find what I need most of the time with few problems.

Cons: TradeGecko's infrastructure needs some help in the throughput department. On heavy-volume days, the software appears to bottleneck somewhere, and we'll either get slowed down, or have to do a browser refresh/cache flush to get focus back. Also, the filtering functions in the orders listings needs to be more flexible when using tags so we can get more exact results. Being able to do "NOT" comparisons would be a great addition.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2018
Sara R.
Wine Director
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

"Awesome Inventory Software!"

Comments: We've been using Tradegecko since we opened and it's a great program. It's very easy to use and has a lot of great features. We're a wine store and we're able to use the program to manage our inventory quite easily. I've never used a better program for inventory management.

Pros: It has a lot of great features and great reports. It's really easy to use and integrates well with the other programs we use for our business. The customer service is great, they get back to you very quickly and will help tailor the program to your needs.

Cons: I wish a few of the reports had more info, but I'm sure that's coming at some point.

Ryan R.
Assistant Manager
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2016

"Great product"

Comments: Overall I am very impressed with Trade Gecko. Like everything else it has its flaws but they are usually quick to solve them and as of recent it's been fantastic.

Pros: I'm by no means tech savvy but Trade Gecko was very easy to learn how to use. We have been using it for over 2 years and have always been impressed. The customer support is so good I recently had a slight issue and they responded right away but I did not respond back and they emailed me again to confirm I got their email.

Cons: Nothing I can think of.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2016
Bruce E.
Business Owner
Utilities, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2016

"Brilliant Inventory management and more"

Comments: I've been using TradeGecko to manage inventory management now for over 2 years and it substantially better than what I was using before, and I also use a fraction of the tools and features available to me.

Pros: It's powerful, intuitive and dead simple to use and navigate your way around.

Cons: For a small to medium business the cost if quite significant but being able to accurately manage inventory and stock has an intangible asset value that is hard to quantify so it makes sense to spend money in this area of my business.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2016
Sody M.
Warehouse Manager
Import & Export, 11-50 Employees

"Sody's Tradegecko Review"

Comments: I've been using Tradgecko for over two years now. I find the software easy to used and it save me a lot time. Searching products and modifying the products description is also and easy task. I used to input the products one by one and would take up a lot of my time. I would recommend Tradegecko to other growing companies.

Pros: Being able to upload all the products on excel and the Sku at the same time.

Cons: I wish that every time I start a new sale order the years of my date stay the same. For example if I was to choose 8/31/2016 on the next sale order it would be 8/31/2017. I would have to change that all the time.

Elizabeth W.
Accounts Associate -Purchasing and Payables
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"Easy System!"

Comments: I love it. Its a great platform and has made life easier.

Pros: Its has an app which makes it great for orders on the go. The B2B platform site is so easy to use!
I love how you know what status the sale is up to.

Cons: I have found importing products hard. I tried it a few times but there was a lot of errors.
I ended up just adding them in manually.

by TradeGecko on 22/07/2020

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We are always happy to hear that customers find our B2B eCommerce platform easy to use. We have recently released a number of new features and enhancements to the B2B Platform, do take a look, and we hope you like them!

• Reviewed on 09/07/2020
Gudrun S.
Founder/Designer
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2018

"Very happy user"

Comments: My overall experience is very positive and I could not be without TradeGecko

Pros: I like most how great the customer support is. It is quick and resourceful. Also TradeGecko is constantly upgrading itself and keeping up with cusomers needs.

Cons: It takes time to learn how it works and you have to keep up with new integrations. So what is actually a pro is also a con.

• Reviewed on 02/11/2018
Henrik H.
Managing Director
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2019

"Review of Trade Gecko"

Comments: Good experience with the system. Also easy to let other parts of our operation get acmes to their area of responsibility.

Pros: Ease of use and easy to access, admin. We cannot use it fully integrated with our accounting system, but as a logistic/sales system on the side of our main operation it works really well!

Cons: There are some reporting issues that can be better.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2019
Joanne W.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2018

"It has taken months to get to know TradeGecko and I wouldn't be without it now."

Pros: That I can contain all my inventory, customer base, selling tools and reporting in one program and also integrate into Xero accounting. The software has excellent functions and features and does everything I need it to. The TradeGecko team have implemented new functions and made improvements that have really made a difference.

Cons: The cost. It is a high cost to pay per month for software.
It has taken a long time to get to know the product and therefore utilise the features.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2018
Quentin G.
Sales
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2019

"looking forward for better service in 2020"

Comments: +++ but can better

Pros: i get report of all sales in mail of each week and also monthly

Cons: customer service / Support.
They must have a chat online direct or a phone number where end user can call ask question and those things also other possibilities to customize the software with adding some feature

• Reviewed on 28/10/2019
Arasi K.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2016

"Great B2b platform, CRM & control for inventory."

Comments: I`ve been using tradegecko for over a year now. It is a great platform to control your business. It allows you to plan your inventory needs, control your sales orders and purchase orders. It is a great tool and will allow you to reduce the time you need to manage your business.

Pros: - Backordering feature (allows you to plan according to your deadlines)
- Intelligence section ( allows you to filter information regarding your sales and purchase orders)
- B2B platform (Easy to use)

Cons: Id like more control over the suppliers. To control payments, invoices.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2016
Pumudu K.
Team Lead - Customer Engagement & Fulfillment
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2019

"Work in Progress"

Comments: There are little improvements possible, especially with regard to overall user-friendliness, but it's been a solid platform so far.

Pros: The ease of organizing shipments, orders, and overall functionality.

Cons: Some necessary features such as being able to edit documents aren't available.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2019
Joel M.
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2018

"Good program, good support"

Comments: Overall, very happy. Allows us to process orders from multiple sources and manage inventory.

Pros: Once set up, it is easy to use. Integrations with Amazon and shipping software work well.

Cons: Set up takes some time and effort. Integration with Quickbooks could be better

• Reviewed on 05/11/2018
Luke S.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2017

"Amazing - business changing"

Comments: It is wonderful for integrating our front end sales channels with our physical logistics and accounting.

Pros: Cloud based, stock and customer management that seamlessly integrates our sales channels, suppliers, customers, and accounting plus much much more.

Cons: There are very few downsides to trade gecko. Possibly the ability to edit the pick notes etc to a format that fits better with our business. Plus it is the top end of the budget in price terms. This would be solved by allowing us to use 2 brands on the same platform to help spread the cost.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2017