Patriot Accounting Reviews

4.7 (279) Write a Review!

About Patriot Accounting

Affordable, easy, yet powerful accounting for small business owners and their accountants. Streamline your money management.

Learn more about Patriot Accounting

Pros:

I like that Patriot is an intuitive software that is easy to use. My employees find it easy to navigate as well and I'm able to integrate a fully digital payroll system which saves me time and money.

Cons:

Adjusting to a new style of format is my problem not patriots.

Patriot Accounting ratings

4.6
4.8
4.4
4.7

8.9/10

Patriot Accounting has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 279 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Patriot Accounting before?

Strategic Account Specialist in US
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees

My experience with Patriot Accounting

Comments: My overall experience with Patriot Accounting is remarkable since it has eradicated accounting errors.

Pros:

The way Patriot Accounting enables me to automate all accounting at ease is the best aspect ever on my user end.

Cons:

I hardly come across hindrances when using Patriot Accounting, and I use it on a daily basis at workstation.

Radena
office manager in US
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees

Best Software for our small company

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: This software helps in seeing the overall picture of where we are in the company. From accounting to having it linked with our bank, to invoicing. I haven't found anything that I don't like about it.

Pros:

I really love the Invoicing feature. It is so easy to use. Once you get everything set up in the startup. you never have to worry again.

Cons:

For our small company I haven't found anything wrong with this software. I didn't have to integrate from another software.

LARRY
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Honesty

Comments: Patriot software is great for a small business tho it is a little clunky its workable.

Pros:

Recording payments is very easy tho at times I forget to hit the save button. Also the payroll is very easy and smooth to use.

Cons:

Cant partial pay a invoice (like sending a deposit) very annoying. The whole invoice part is very clunky not smooth at all. Same with seeing Bills from vendors. Also on invoicing It would be nice to be able to have spaces in the reference (we use addresses and codes). It helps our customers see what address we billed for. I wish you could also on the invoice have the comments above the billing portion. Overall a little bit of letting us change the format of some of the built in forms would be nice

Becky
Sec/Treas in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Great Software for Double Entry Accounting

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Patriot has done everything we need. It is important to have your beginning available when setting up because you cannot go back and enter the beginning balance once the account is set up.

Pros:

It has all the features of a double entry accounting system Connects with banks Great price point Pricing based on actual expenses per month Easily shared with accountants/bookkeepers

Cons:

Reconciliations are not totally automated Customization can be tricky Must understand double entry accounting - not based solely on checkbooks.

Pam
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

The Best QB Replacement

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: So far, I'm finding everything I need and all is going well. I'm very happy.

Pros:

It is well worth it the switch from QB! It's very affordable and stable. Patriot Accounting has all the features I need and features my CPA uses for me. I'm so much happier with my bookkeeping since switching.

Cons:

It's a few more steps, but that's fine. It is similar to what QB was like before they went online.

Tim
Automotive, 2-10 Employees

Patriot software makes small business accounting and payroll easy!

Pros:

Ease of use and ability to get assistance

Cons:

None, everything was easy to set up and use

Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Great for small Businesses!

Comments: I've used another widely known accounting software program and I am so glad I made the switch a few years ago.

Pros:

The software is easy to use and their support is fast and helpful.

Cons:

It took a little time to figure out how to run reports but that was not a big deal. Once you do it it is easy.

Recreational Facilities & Services, 11-50 Employees

Great Software

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Great overall experience. In fact if they can add the multiple payroll account feature I will probably stay with them forever.

Pros:

The cost to benefit ratio is huge. It is so much easier and cheaper than quickbooks, with much better support.

Cons:

It would be nice to be able to record payroll to separate accounts. For instance If I wanted my management team payroll to come out of one account and my hourly payroll out of another.

Lauren
Associate Pastor in US
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees

Perfect for My Needs

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Patriot software is perfect for small business accounting and payroll as well as assisting with tax documents

Cons:

I have no complaints. This software does everything I need

Mora
Business Office Manager in US
Financial Services Software, Self Employed

Great product

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Inexpensive alternative to other accounting software. Customer service is always great.

Cons:

Some of the features do not work for me. I would like more training videos,etc.

Jeff
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees

Great Price. Not intuitive, but gets the job done

Comments: Patriot seems like a payroll company which later added accounting. The payroll module is so easy to use and they appear to have thought of everything. The accounting module is much more quirky and seems a bit haphazzard. But their people are friendly and accomodating, so hopefully, they will up their game on the accounting side. From a price standpoint, you can't beat them for an on-line program that can be shared among users (staff, bookkeeper, attorneys, etc).

Pros:

We switched from QuickBooks and that process was fairly easy, along with great support from Patriot. That's the best part of the software - the people at Patriot. They are prompt, attentive, and seem genuinely interested in improving their product. A close second is the Payroll product. It is ridiculously easy to use and far less expensive the most other on-line payroll services.

Cons:

It is not intuitive. For example, if you just want to look at your general checkbook ledger, you cannot just click on an icon. You have to go to reports and then find the one that says "account balances." There are a number of things that make sense after you do them (voiding or deleting a check is a multistep process), but it's frustrating trying to find them. One of the biggest head scratchers is that printing a three-part check only prints on two parts of the check. That seems like a pretty basic item to fix, but it's still only two-parts.

Darrell
CEO in US
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

Perfect solution for small to midsized businesss

Comments: It may sound like I work for the company but honestly if anyone were yo ask me what is the best overall experience I have with software or a subscription service of this type I think patriot would be it based on the ease of use and amazing product support.

Pros:

The system is super easy to use and understand and works as it should. Not buggy like some other big name accounting programs. Also if I need support I can honestly say the support team is is ready, willing and qualified to help and they will take the time needed to be sure my issue is handled. To the point that I am amazed at the time and care they take.

Cons:

Every so often there is something I have trouble finding ( but support helps me!) part of that may be because I am not an accountant. But even those issues are rare and they are always adding nice features to make my job easier.

Lucy
Partner in US
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees

Incredible Customer-Service and Strongly Valued Customer Input

Comments: Above providing a great software that suits the needs of a small business like ours (without being overly complex), they have outstanding customer service and value fulfillment of customer needs.

Pros:

We wanted something that we could tailor to our own needs and that we could more seamlessly transition, from how we previously operated our accounting. We wanted something that was not overly complex to adapt to but that was also able to execute our accounting needs. It's challenging to find programs to best suit the flow of your daily tasks and that can also be flexible with function. Patriot fit all those needs.

Cons:

Over the years of using this program, we have asked for many changes (with varying degrees of importance) and I cannot think of one that has not been fulfilled by the Patriot team. I'm not sure how they do it, but they seem dedicated to providing customer needs and to help ease workflow however they are able. They are regularly working to improve their software and needs of customers.

Craig
Principal Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Basic Accounting Software, but it gets the job done

Comments: Very good. The customer service is superb. They answer the phone and are very helpful. If they don't know an answer, they find it out and get back to you. Email support is good too. The software is pretty basic compared to Quickbooks but if you don't need all those fancy features as I don't, it gets the job done. And the price is much better than Quickbooks. They have a bank reconciliation module, but I don't use it. Highly recommend for small businesses.

Pros:

Started out on the package almost 5 years ago. It was pretty basic then, Patriot has added a steady stream of features to it each year. We don't use a lot of them however. I like the dashboard. If you are using the Payroll module, it's totally seamless integration. No frills accounting but that's ok because that's all I need.

Cons:

Can't put a check number on a Quick Pay when you are running it. I use manual checks and there's not way to do that, except by putting the check number in the notes. If you are using printed check stock, that would not be an issue. Reporting is a little thin, but it gets the job done. The Financial statement is a little weird how it calculates owner's equity but my accountant reviewed the numbers and said it is correct. If you have accrued liabilities, They use "modified cash basis" which it also odd vs. Cash Basis. No Statement available to send out to customers.

Edward
Attorney in US
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees

Easy to use and responsive customer service

Comments: I do not use Patriot Accounting

Pros:

This software is easy to set up and even easier to use. I work for a small firm with only a couple of employees. Our payroll needs are fairly simple and Patriot is intuitive and has robust information available when needed.

Cons:

There is nothing I dislike about Patriot. I guess it would be nice if there was a mobile app that allowed me to run payroll remotely from my desktop.

Martin
Vice President in US
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

Best in Class!

Comments: Exceedingly positive. I can't say enough about the professionalism and personal service provided by Patriot's team. I am not an accountant, or bookkeeper, or tax consultant...and I don't want to be. Patriot's team gets that, and they treat us with respect and courtesy.

Pros:

How much time do you have? I've used all of the major competitors in the field at some time or another. Patriot shares our values and beliefs, as evidenced in every interaction with them. The value for what they provide is unparalleled...not even close. Patriot has been completely transparent and there are no hidden fees or mysteries in function or cost. Patriot Software delivers what they promise and is always great to work with by phone or video conference. We feel like we are valued by them, and that is a plus for a small but growing business.

Cons:

My only suggestion is, as always, integrations. I know "that other company" has been around a long time and exercises leverage on the industry. Patriot provides value and performs in a trustworthy and honest manner - we can wait for the integrations and grow with them.

Julie
Certified Bookkeeper in US
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

User Friendly Comprehensive Payroll Solution

Comments: Mostly all positive. I have always been able to contact support and get answers to my questions (even if I didn't like the answer because a feature was unavailable). There is somewhat a lack of communication to partners.

Pros:

Patriot Software is easy to set up and easy to use. Everything is spelled out on the screen. There are very minimal clicks to accomplish basic payroll tasks. Patriot is also VERY up-to-date on tax law changes and communicating to users. Support is knowledgeable and hold times are very reasonable.

Cons:

Ability to schedule different employees into different pay schedules. Lack of job costing. Lack of ability to pay an employee who works in multiple cities in same week.

Larry
President-Owner in US
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Great to Use

Comments: We were in the process of talking about going back to Quick Books and decided to stay with Patriot because of costs and ease of getting live help

Pros:

Ease of getting into program Ease of. getting help Great to work with when calling in

Cons:

When trying to get to certain options on the side to use, hard to maneuver to where you want to go

Jay
President in US
Media Production, 2-10 Employees

It plugs into daily business

Comments: We need to be up to the minute aware of what our financial status is, with a streamlined way to invoice our customers, and a responsible way to document all activity.

Pros:

Patriot Software Accounting offers all of the reporting we need for daily and monthly tasks. It is very clear how the charts of accounts integrate into the structure of our company.

Cons:

It would make a lot more tactile sense to make the daily accounting work from a register type of interface. Using a General Ledger, then notating credits and debit columns, is a slower and less intuitive way to perform transactions than a single entry, customizable register would be. A register-based interface option would provide a far greater sense of user control and confidence.

MANAGER in US
Automotive, 2-10 Employees

GREAT SOFTWARE

Comments: I AM HAPPY WITH THIS SOFTWARE AND MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN WONDERFUL

Pros:

PATRIOT SOFTWARE MAKES IT EASY TO PAY EMPLOYEES, KEEP UP WITH INVOICES, AND PAY OUR VENDORS IN A TIMELY MANNER.

Cons:

SOMETIMES IF A CHECK IS ISSUED IN ERROR, IT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DELETE THAT PAYMENT, ONLY VOID IT.

Patriot Software Response

2 years ago

Thanks Brittany! We love when our customers realize the benefit of having both accounting and payroll software under one login! We appreciate you sharing your experience!

Senior Financial Analyst in Qatar
Construction, 51-200 Employees

User friendly accounting software with good customer service based support

Comments: In short, I would say that it is the best fit for those who are looking for a system with affordable prices and userfriendly. I recommend this accounting system as a well-satisfied user.

Pros:

This software as I mentioned in the title it is extremely user-friendly for even non-finance people and also those who are new to accounting and SME business. I have been using it and most of the time I could manage by myself without getting information from my data entry assistant due to their well-organized features. Moreover, if I do need to get any assistance from their customer support team, always address immediately to my queries without any delay. It was great since we were busy clients and fulfill our requirements with full satisfaction. At last, but not least their prices are more affordable as much as lower and value for paid money.

Cons:

I just experienced a few problems at the beginning with setting up the system, But there are plenty of video tutorials available for troubleshooting that are very useful and the customer service is very effective and readily available to address our queries then and there to resolve

Tracy
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees

Good

Comments: Ive never had any problems and staff is always helpful

Pros:

Its very user friendly and helps with paying employee tax. We dony have employees at the moment but they still submit the paperwork and I dont have to think about it.

Cons:

I really with they would calculate quartlerly taxes and submit them. Quickbooks even though I am not a fan of them they had that option and it was so easy. I would pay more just for this feature.

Jonathan
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Patriot Accounting

Comments: Overall, Patriot has been straight forward and easy to use. Their customer service has been quick and easy to get ahold of.

Pros:

The best part about this software was the ease of setup. It's very easy to enter customers, receive payments, and keep track of expenses.

Cons:

As someone who is new to accounting software, I did have to call customer service for some setup questions with adding in categories to track expenses.

Duane
Administrator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Fair value for benefits and peace of mind

Comments: Patriot has helped with organizing and tracking how much an account has received or spent for a year total. If there is any issues customer support has been friendly and supportive in helping resolve the issue quickly.

Pros:

Pay roll tax filing eases worries and makes business functionality easier The availability of having a support staff to call with questions is amazing.

Cons:

Adjusting the bank totals to match the starting values. When printing checks you are unable to add things in the memo line.

Kelvin
Director Technical Services in US
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

K. Baker Review for Accounting Software

Comments: Great tool for Small Businesses

Pros:

Easy to Setup and Management. Critical Part of us receiving a PPP Loan.

Cons:

Expand the program to allow project based billing and invoicing.